PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Phillips...CB?

fenikz
05-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Since the Canes have Lovon Ponder & Anthony Reddick, do you think there is a chance that Phillips moves to corner?

how would this affect his draft stock, id only assume it would go up if his play is consistent

critesy
05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
is he not the best safety they have though ?

Newbs24
05-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Reddick is gone for the year with an ACL tear. That gets rid of this debate

fenikz
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
didn't know that, well thats ends that possibility

i was hoping for some more helmet swingin action

OhioState
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
anyways Phillips is the best saftey that they have by far and the coaches will always let their stars play their natural position

DChess
05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
maybe one of the other guys, but you dont move phillips, top ten player in the country right now

Jimmy
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Reddick is gone man...

draftguru151
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
The coaches were thinking about putting either him or Reddick at CB, but with Reddick getting hurt again Phillips and Ponder will stay as safety.

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Reddick is gone man...

For the whole season, They will probably keep Phillips doing the same thing, I'd like to see if Phillips' brother can establish himself, both of them are good

-black
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
is it true Reddick injured himself by playing pickup basketball?

reese
05-17-2007, 01:40 AM
isnt kenny phillips like 200 lbs?...i ask becuz i seen someone on a post say he has the body of sean taylor and i didnt think he was anywhere that big

jbeans187
05-17-2007, 01:47 AM
He's probally between 205-215. Not nearly as imposing as Taylor, but hes still a beast.

reese
05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
yea...i thnk he is def the best in the country...but i didnt think he was anywhere as big as taylor

fenikz
05-17-2007, 01:59 AM
def more like reed than taylor

Geomar
05-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Since the Canes have Lovon Ponder & Anthony Reddick, do you think there is a chance that Phillips moves to corner?

how would this affect his draft stock, id only assume it would go up if his play is consistent

reddick might miss the season and even if they do move phillips you know wat do u remember the duke game this season he played CB and tied the school record for most interceptions in a game with 3 interceptions honestly they will not move him because glenn sharpe is back and he will start and randy phillips will start to and they have bruce johnson(kelly jennings nephew) playing in the nickel and dime coverages with chavez grant

and u shouldnt forget willie cooper i still remember the game against duke this season he saved us with that game winning INT

SS:#1Kenny Phillips
FS:#35Lovon Ponder(this guys got a good freakin arm man)
and if #26reddick is back in time he will split time up with #28cooper
CB:#4Glenn Sharpe
CB:#6Randy Phillips
#22bruce johnson and #24chavez grant will split time at nickel and play on dime coverages together.

Geomar
05-20-2007, 10:47 AM
isnt kenny phillips like 200 lbs?...i ask becuz i seen someone on a post say he has the body of sean taylor and i didnt think he was anywhere that big

UM coaches say he has "the body of Sean Taylor and the knowledge and speed of Ed Reed." i said that on an other board and its true u might not believe it but he is better than sean taylor

sean taylor played 9 games with no starts first year 26 tackles no interceptions

sean taylor played in 13 games with 12 starts had 4 interceptions and 85 tackles in his second year

in his final year he played 12 games with 12 starts he had 10 interceptions with 77 tackles

Sean taylor all college years:188 tackles 14 interceptions

Sean taylor first 2 college years: 111 tackles and 4 interceptions

kenny phillips just in two seasons has 5 interceptions and 159 tackles

kenny phillips first year in college: kenny phillips played in 12 games with 11 starts and had 88 tackles with 1 interception and the interception won the game in a triple overtime with clemson.

kenny phillips second year: he played in 10 games with 10 starts he missed three games with a major thumb injury he had 71 tackles and 4 interceptions (3 of those interceptions came in one game against Duke)

i know sean taylor in overall career beats phillips but if you compare the first two years phillips is a lot better.

sean taylor could have had a 3 interception performance in the national championship but on his third interception maurice clarret stripped the ball away from taylor that was one reason how we could have won that game if taylor just kneeled down when he was in the back of the endzone.

P.S. the 2002 national championship was rigged Miami should have won.

Oh and one more thing Phillips is around 205-215 pounds taylor was bigger in his first two years but phillips is a lot quicker and better i heard a rumor but it might not be true we will see when he is on the field if its true that he is spending a lot of time in the gym and he might be bigger than 215 pounds and he is definitly stronger than last year (alot)

Calais Campbell put on 20 more pounds than last year and he stronger and faster than ever before this is true i read it on scout.com

Geomar
05-20-2007, 10:48 AM
is it true Reddick injured himself by playing pickup basketball?

it is true he was on an interview on scout he might be able to come back by the beginning of the season but its 50/50 right now.

Geomar
05-20-2007, 10:51 AM
For the whole season, They will probably keep Phillips doing the same thing, I'd like to see if Phillips' brother can establish himself, both of them are good

randy phillips the cornerback is not even related to them
remember tyrone moss and sinorice moss they are not related ether

dont think that if there last name is the same they are related.

Geomar
05-20-2007, 10:52 AM
def more like reed than taylor

brandon meriweather and ed reed said he is mor like taylor on an interview on scout.com

Geomar
05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
anyways Phillips is the best saftey that they have by far and the coaches will always let their stars play their natural position

they didnt let meriweather stay at safety if he stayed at safety he would have had an even better senior year.

draftguru151
05-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Bruce Johnson is like the 5th CB at best. Grant, Wiggins and Armour are all over him.

Geomar
05-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Grant splits time with him there is no definit nickel CB Wiggins is not even looking good in spring Ball they might redshirt him and armour is gonna be the 5th CB he was the 5th last year and i heard he has not improved a lot.

thebow305
05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
If anyone were to be moved to corner, it would have been Reddick. He played corner at my high school. He is a much better safety though. It would be a dumb move if they did it, he was not a dominant CB by any means at STA. Just decent.