PDA

View Full Version : And you guys thought I was crazy.

FloridaFootball
05-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Look how people were tearing me apart when I put Russell to the Raiders and said I thought his stock would rise when he beats notre dame and through the combines.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL nice.

I'm glad the threads don't get deleted anymore, nice call.

The Dynasty
05-01-2007, 11:22 AM
The thing i like are 3 players that the vikings took in that mock in the 1st round lol.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
haha the Bengals got his 31st overall pick as a UDCFA.

757Dawg
05-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Haha, nice.

I had Russell going to the Raiders #2 overall in an early December mock. It was pretty much trashed in a similar fashion. I wish that post hadn't been purged, so I can look back on the gaggle of kids acting like in December they already know what teams will and will not do in the upcoming draft.

So, Crow...."that ain't gonna happen?"

Nice call, guy.

Xonraider
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Must've had the ruler that day

FloridaFootball
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Must've had the ruler that day

lol, nice edit :)

art vandelay
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
LOL Xonraider edited what he said!!

His original post:
Originally Posted by Xonraider
That is the flat out WORST PICK EVER. Quinn is a possibility, Russell is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

thebow305
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, well, people thought when I said Ginn to the Dolphins a couple months back that I was nuts. Look how that turned out.

Ho0k Em'
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
2. Amobi Okoye would never reach top 10, maybe crack first round. His upside is huge, but his downside is just as big. Boom or bust prospect.

that's my personal favorite.

narf029
05-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, well, people thought when I said Ginn to the Dolphins a couple months back that I was nuts. Look how that turned out.

If you showed me a mock you made the day of the draft that had the Dolphins taking Ted Ginn I'd still call you nuts.

simms2clayton
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
If you showed me a mock you made the day of the draft that had the Dolphins taking Ted Ginn I'd still call you nuts.

Good point.

I watch re-runs of Goddell announcing that pick and it shocks me every time. I keep waiting to hear, "Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame." Never happens though.

Xonraider
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
LOL Xonraider edited what he said!!

His original post:

I know I did. I won't hide it. I was having a bad day.

FloridaFootball
05-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Yah man, I'll give you props for calling Ginn to the Dolphins, you've been saying that for a while now.

PoopSandwich
05-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Dude, you still had Quinn as the first QB off the board lol :)

bsaza2358
05-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Look how people were tearing me apart when I put Russell to the Raiders and said I thought his stock would rise when he beats notre dame and through the combines.

Well done with the Russell call, but you also got every other pick wrong. Granted, it was pre combine and such, but I just wanted to be a jerk and point that out...:p

secondeye
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM

Good stuff. Reminds me of the time I was crying for the LB starved Vikings to draft Shawne Merriman or Derrick Johnson and the fans (on a local board, not here) were calling me an idiot saying Merriman was a big reach and Johnson was far too soft to do anything in the NFL.

And who did they all want? Mike Williams or Troy Willimson.

ugh.. if only you could redraft.

LionSmack
05-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I know I did. I won't hide it. I was having a bad day.

You're hardly the only Raider fan who swore up and down that "Al Davis doesn't take first round QB's" and bitched everyone out who put JR at #1 in their mock. I'd like to see a thread of only people who said that apologizing. It would be 5 or 6 pages long, easy.

LitoSheppard
05-03-2007, 08:13 AM
You didn't make up the pick..You only saw information off of Peter King that the Raiders were already interested in JaMarcus Russell and you put it on this website.. You Didn't make up the pick..
BTW, the thing about "Tearing apart the Irishes defense will make his stock rise" is from Peter King..

Xonraider
05-03-2007, 05:28 PM
You're hardly the only Raider fan who swore up and down that "Al Davis doesn't take first round QB's" and bitched everyone out who put JR at #1 in their mock. I'd like to see a thread of only people who said that apologizing. It would be 5 or 6 pages long, easy.

I know.. but I was being pretty rude to him in here. Most of the time I'd be like ''Raiders won't pick a QB!!!!''.. but around Christmas til like February were tough times for me.