PDA

View Full Version : My first 2008 Mock Draft

silky_johnson
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM
1. Houston: JR Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas
-That offensive line still stinks and with Schaub at QB and no true RB to carry the load, McFadden is the ideal fit.
2. Oakland: JR DeSean Jackson WR, California
-Jackson is an absolute game breaker. Heís Ted Ginn with hands and the balls to go over the middle.
3. Detroit: SR Jake Long OT, Michigan
-I could be funny and put a WR here but, Long is one of 4 potential franchise tackles in this very deep o-line draft.
4. Washington: JR Tyson Jackson DE, Louisiana State
-Ferocious pass rusher who, if he leaves early, is practically a lock to be the first defensive linemen selected.
5. Dallas (f/Cleveland): JR Kenny Philips S, Miami
-Cowboys use the Browns pick to take, in my opinion, the best football player in the country and a canít miss prospect.
6. Tennessee: JR Reggie Smith CB, Oklahoma
-With or without Pacman, the Titans pass defense is awful. I like Reggie Smith a lot and I expect him to forego his SR season.
7. Buffalo: SR Sam Baker OT, Southern California
-The Bills offense should be good for years down the road but, they still need that blindside protection.
8. Miami: SR Brian Brohm QB, Louisville
-I think John Beck will be very good but, you just never know with the Dolphins.
9. Green Bay: SR Limas Sweed WR, Texas
-They are building a very nice defense in Green Bay but, that offense lacks playmakers.
10. Arizona: JR Justin King CB, Penn State
-The Cardinals are on the verge of greatness but, still need to shore up that defense.
11. Tampa Bay: SR Paul Oliver CB, Georgia
-The defense is aging and the Bucs will have to replace Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly in a year or two.
12. St. Louis: SR Dan Connor LB, Penn State
-They are slowly building a very good defense in St. Louis. This is just another addition.
13. Jacksonville: JR Jared Gaither OT, Maryland
-An elite tackle who is the best player on the board.
14. New Orleans: SR Glenn Dorsey DT, Louisiana State
-The offense will be great but that defense is just awful.
15. Minnesota: SR Marcus Monk WR, Arkansas
-Vastly underrated playing in a run heavy offense.
16. NY Giants: JR James Laurinitis LB, Ohio State
-He is a beast at LBer, a position in which the Giants have almost nothing.
17. Dallas: SR Colt Brennan QB, Hawaaii
-Tony Romo is nothing special. The Cowboys need a QB for the future.
18. Cincinnati: JR Calais Campbell DE, Miami
-The Bengals defense is slowly being put together but, help is still needed.
19. Kansas City: SR Antoine Cason CB, Arizona
-Law and Surtain are aging and Cason is also the BPA.
20. NY Jets: JR Martellus Bennett TE, Texas A&M
-Freaky athlete who will be a huge combine riser next year.
21. Pittsburgh: JR Raymell Rice RB, Rutgers
-I could see them falling in love with this kid.
22. Atlanta: SR Keith Rivers LB, Southern California
-Simple case of taking the best player available.
23. Seattle: SR Lawrence Jackson DE, Southern California
-I expect him to bounce back with a big SR season.
24. Denver: SR Sedrick Ellis DT, Southern California
-Warren is aging and they still lack talent on the interior.
25. New England (f/San Francisco): JR Derrick Harvey DE, Florida
-Versatile guy who is the perfect fit for the Patriots scheme.
26. Philadelphia: JR Mario Urrutia WR, Louisville
-Those WRs still arenít good enough to get this team to the next level.
27. Baltimore: SR Will Arnold G, Louisiana State
-The Ravens always build from the offensive line first.
28. Chicago: SR Allen Patrick RB, Oklahoma
-Benson is injury prone and not reliable enough.
29. San Diego: JR Steve Slaton RB, West Virginia
-Turner will leave via FA next season and Slaton will be a great spot back.
30. San Francisco (f/Indianapolis): JR Kevin Ellison S, Southern California
-Stud safety that would be a steal at this point.
31. New England: SR Jonathan Goff LB, Vanderbilt
-Bruschi and Vrabel wonít be around forever.
32. Carolina: JR Travis Beckum TE, Wisconsin
-Another weapon in that offense.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I'd be PO'd if we picked at 18 again but Campbell would be a hell of a prize.

T-RICH49
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
at least we're not in the top 10.Great pick with Cason too

scar988
05-01-2007, 11:47 AM
I like the Falcons pick. LB could very easily present it self as a need and he comes off as a WLB type.

757Dawg
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
lol

2008 mock drafts already? You can't be serious.

And Cleveland isn't finishing with a top 5 draft pick record.

Crickett
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
3. Detroit: SR Jake Long OT, Michigan
-I could be funny and put a WR here but, Long is one of 4 potential franchise tackles in this very deep o-line draft.

So much for the addition of George Foater I guess.

8. Miami: SR Brian Brohm QB, Louisville
-I think John Beck will be very good but, you just never know with the Dolphins.

I know its generally not a good idea to give up on a QB drafted in the second round after only one year barring reallllllly extenuating circumstances.

The Jaguars have Khalif Barnes, Maurice Williams and Tony Pashos at offensive tackle.

15. Minnesota: SR Marcus Monk WR, Arkansas
-Vastly underrated playing in a run heavy offense.

I take it you think this will be the year the Vikings give up on Troy Williamson.

Romo was a pro bowler this past year. That makes it unlikely that the Cowboys will draft a replacement him a year later. Especially at his age.

21. Pittsburgh: JR Raymell Rice RB, Rutgers
-I could see them falling in love with this kid.
What about Willie Parker?

27. Baltimore: SR Will Arnold G, Louisiana State
-The Ravens always build from the offensive line first.

The Ravens just drafted a guard in the first round.

28. Chicago: SR Allen Patrick RB, Oklahoma
-Benson is injury prone and not reliable enough.

Benson missed one game this past season. And the Bears would not have traded Thomas Jones if they did not think Benson could carry the load.

Tomlinson will be 29 next year. Granted Turner very well could leave, this seems an awful lot like the Jets selection of Lamont Jordan a few years back.

bills_red
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
bill don't need a LT

JPF
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
How many years do the Panthers have to pass on a first round TE before people realize it's not going to happen?

Everyone swore this was the year because we had an OC that wanted to use the TE's more in the passing game, and what happened? We traded out of the spot everyone thought we'd take Olsen at to another spot where he was still on the board...and we passed on him again.

More likely positions to address for the Panthers would be OT, S, or DT.

Vikes99ej
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
A WR surprises me. We got 3 of them this year.

Acreboy
05-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd be ecstatic to get Glen Dorsey but the Saints won't draft at 14

JPF
05-01-2007, 01:36 PM
...but the Saints won't draft at 14

Every Panther fan in the world said that same thing last year.

neko4
05-01-2007, 02:01 PM
1) Why not just use this years order?
2) Why give Green Bay a WR when TE is a bigger need?

princefielder28
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
very interesting

TwOne
05-01-2007, 02:37 PM
horrible bucs pick. The bucs dont take CBs in the first round and we already have the replacements for Barber and Kelly. (we could draft one in later rounds next year for depth)

portis_clinton
05-01-2007, 02:51 PM
You have 7 of last years 10 top ten teams, in the top ten again. It's unlikely.

TitanHope
05-01-2007, 03:07 PM
With Pacman Jones, the Titans secondary would look like this:

CB: Pacman Jones
FS/SS: Michael Griffin
SS/FS: Chris Hope
CB: Nick Harper

Thats not a bad secondary. Chris Hope should have gone to the Pro Bowl, and Pacman, aside from his conduct, is an excellent corner. Nick Harper was the #1 CB for the Colts last season, and Micheal Griffin is the only liablity cause he's a rookie. We have a promising young secondary, aside from Harper who's in his 30's.

So CB at #6 isn't really warranted, unless he's absolutely amazing and we can't pass him up...I've never even heard of Reggie Smith. So I think we'll pass. Give us Calais Campbell please.

And we won't be picking #6. Realistically, its likely we pick in the 10-15 range.

silky_johnson
05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Appreciate the criticism.
Anything that helps make my next mock better is greatly appreciated.

MURPHMAN
05-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Having Carolina pick at #32 makes this the best mock draft I have seen in a while.

thank you

cardsalltheway
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm not usually one to complain about someone's order in a future mock, but Carolina? Seriously?

Bills2083
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Bills don't need a LT. We have Jason Peters. BTW, I don't really see us drafting in the Top-10. I know we have a tough schedule, but I think we are better than that.

HuskerNation
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
lol

2008 mock drafts already? You can't be serious.

And Cleveland isn't finishing with a top 5 draft pick record.

shut up! why even post

HuskerNation
05-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Thats not a bad secondary. Chris Hope should have gone to the Pro Bowl, and Pacman, aside from his conduct, is an excellent corner. Nick Harper was the #1 CB for the Colts last season, and Micheal Griffin is the only liablity cause he's a rookie. We have a promising young secondary, aside from Harper who's in his 30's.

So CB at #6 isn't really warranted, unless he's absolutely amazing and we can't pass him up...I've never even heard of Reggie Smith. So I think we'll pass. Give us Calais Campbell please.

And we won't be picking #6. Realistically, its likely we pick in the 10-15 range.

If you've never heard of them then you aren't all that with it in general. He's one of the most dynamic secondary men in all of college football.

gbpackers0065
05-01-2007, 04:58 PM
heres an interesting who will completely drop off this season and later in a later round (like Quentin Moses)

Acreboy
05-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Every Panther fan in the world said that same thing last year.Thats because ESPN hyped ya'll up so much.

Everyone else knew ya'll weren't that good.

Acreboy
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM

And we won't be picking #6. Realistically, its likely we pick in the 10-15 range.Nice Harper is going to be 3 or 35 next year...

TitanHope
05-01-2007, 06:09 PM
If you've never heard of them then you aren't all that with it in general. He's one of the most dynamic secondary men in all of college football.

You know him cause you're a Nebraska fan. If he played against my fav. team, I'd know of him too, so give me a break. Trust me, I'm all with it. I don't know everything about college football, but I know that Justin King, Paul Oliver, and Malcolm Jenkins, right now, are the best corners in college football, not Reggie Smith. And thats not just my opinion. He's Oklahoma's SS, correct? He may be a "dynamic" player, but to select another safety would be a bad decision on the Titan's part. I'd much rather have Dwight Lowery in the second anyway.

But I'd still rather have Calais Campbell, Lawrence Jackson, or even Glenn Dorsey over any of the CBs.

Nice Harper is going to be 3 or 35 next year...

I know, but he did sign a 3 year deal, so he may be able to play another 2 years. Jones, Griffin, and Hope were the players that the promising young secondary comment was pertaining to. Hence why I said, "Aside from Harper who's in his 30's."

Achilles33
05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Houston is only improving, they are not having the #1 overall pick. We get McFadden. :) And there is no way we have the 17th pick. We are the one of the frontrunners of the NFC. We have no holes, and our defense should dominate. We are more like 26-32.

HuskerNation
05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
You know him cause you're a Nebraska fan. If he played against my fav. team, I'd know of him too, so give me a break. Trust me, I'm all with it. I don't know everything about college football, but I know that Justin King, Paul Oliver, and Malcolm Jenkins, right now, are the best corners in college football, not Reggie Smith. And thats not just my opinion. He's Oklahoma's SS, correct? He may be a "dynamic" player, but to select another safety would be a bad decision on the Titan's part. I'd much rather have Dwight Lowery in the second anyway.

But I'd still rather have Calais Campbell, Lawrence Jackson, or even Glenn Dorsey over any of the CBs.

I know, but he did sign a 3 year deal, so he may be able to play another 2 years. Jones, Griffin, and Hope were the players that the promising young secondary comment was pertaining to. Hence why I said, "Aside from Harper who's in his 30's."

LOL, trust me, and don't speak on a guy you've never seen. Smith is right up there with those 3 you mentioned if not better. How the hell can you say he isn't equal to them when you've never seen him play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you had watched him play, then you'd know that he played just as much CB as he did Safety. He can play anywhere and succeed. His versatility makes him off the charts with potnetial.

critesy
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
never heard of the redskins pick so i will say calais campbell please.

swagger
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know how old Kenny Phillips is??

PS. I think Calais Campbell will end up being better than Gaines Adams.

thebow305
05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
You don't have Vernon Gholston in here at all. What, are you nuts? I'll take him over Brohm since Beck is our QB of the future. Either Gholston or Justin King would be great!

Acreboy
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I know, but he did sign a 3 year deal, so he may be able to play another 2 years. Jones, Griffin, and Hope were the players that the promising young secondary comment was pertaining to. Hence why I said, "Aside from Harper who's in his 30's."I thought you guys were headed in the right direction and then ya'll screwed up in the draft IMO.

I guess ya'll could hold off on CB until the 2nd or 3rd round next year.

IrishBrowns
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
2 TE's selected in the first round, and neither being the best TE in college football....John Carlson TE Notre Dame

plus, you saw the Olsen went second to last pick in the first round...unless youre a great athlete TE's rarely go in the first round

RaiderNation
05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
raiders wont have top 5 pick

bearfan
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
is this a joke? We just picked Benson and this year is his year. No need for RB, give WR

simms2clayton
05-01-2007, 10:29 PM
2. Oakland: JR DeSean Jackson WR, California
-Jackson is an absolute game breaker. Heís Ted Ginn with hands and the balls to go over the middle.

They already have a guy that can stretch the field now in Johnnie Lee Higgins.

11. Tampa Bay: SR Paul Oliver CB, Georgia
-The defense is aging and the Bucs will have to replace Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly in a year or two.

Once again I will preach that Tampa won't draft a CB in round 1. They will never do that. Secondly, Oliver is more of a press man corner, not a zone one. CB is a need next year, but probably more likely in round 2 or 3.

They already have Khalif Barnes, I could be wrong and maybe they have a hole at RT.

14. New Orleans: SR Glenn Dorsey DT, Louisiana State
-The offense will be great but that defense is just awful.

Great pick.

Give Romo a chance to have the reigns for a full season first.

18. Cincinnati: JR Calais Campbell DE, Miami
-The Bengals defense is slowly being put together but, help is still needed.

Cincy needs a pure pass rusher, great pick.

What? Drafting a backup RB in round 1?

Xonraider
05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Desean in the top-5? Dont think so.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I like your pick jsut not where were picking from.

kalbears13
05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Houston is only improving, they are not having the #1 overall pick. We get McFadden. :) And there is no way we have the 17th pick. We are the one of the frontrunners of the NFC. We have no holes, and our defense should dominate. We are more like 26-32.

You guys are getting better but I doubt you make it to the playoffs. Since when is Houston in the NFC? You wish you did, you might actually have a chance to get in the playoffs with a 6-10 record.

JPF
05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats because ESPN hyped ya'll up so much.

Everyone else knew ya'll weren't that good.

Yea, was all hype and had nothing to do with losing two starting offensive linemen and our starting MLB in the very first game of the season.

Sure didn't seem to stop us from beating you guys both times though did it?

TitanHope
05-01-2007, 10:49 PM
LOL, trust me, and don't speak on a guy you've never seen. Smith is right up there with those 3 you mentioned if not better. How the hell can you say he isn't equal to them when you've never seen him play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you had watched him play, then you'd know that he played just as much CB as he did Safety. He can play anywhere and succeed. His versatility makes him off the charts with potnetial.

Ok, you're right.

simms2clayton
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
raiders wont have top 5 pick

You guys said that last year.

go_ravens94
05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
BAAAAD Ravens pick.

keylime_5
05-02-2007, 09:57 AM
That is actually a pretty good mock, good analysis too. Way to go, rook.

Xonraider
05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
You guys said that last year.

And your point is that because we said it last year we will have it next year?

jayceheathman
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
You should really give the Lions DeSean Jackson. In the end, everybody knows they will go WR for what seems like the 10th straight year. Millen is too obsessed.

VY10
05-02-2007, 05:43 PM
You got some decent picks up there, but I don't think you should put team's drafting players. Ranking players would be better than already having a mock draft. (Houston is not having the first pick next year. They've improved.)

Crickett
05-02-2007, 05:51 PM
They already have Khalif Barnes, I could be wrong and maybe they have a hole at RT.

Nope. They have Maurice Williams and the newly acquired Tony Pashos at RT.

Bengals1690
05-02-2007, 06:03 PM
this is funny. not that he made a mock, but that everyone is saying: He wouldnt fit here, he isnt worth that spot. i think its funny

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
16. NY Giants: JR James Laurinitis LB, Ohio State
-He is a beast at LBer, a position in which the Giants have almost nothing.
Don't really like that explaination at all,

MLB-Antonio Pierce *pro bowl
SLB-Mathias Kiwanuka *played well at DE without that much playing time
WLB-Gerris Wilkinson/Kawika Mitchell/Zak DeOssie only main unknown starter position, but Gerris played well and is highly favored by us, Kawik played well for KC, and DeOssie is the only mystery, which he won't be starting probably.

LB is not a top need, I think you have the area where we pick right, but we will look for OT, RB, S before we look at LB

Achilles33
05-02-2007, 07:28 PM
You guys are getting better but I doubt you make it to the playoffs. Since when is Houston in the NFC? You wish you did, you might actually have a chance to get in the playoffs with a 6-10 record.

I am talking about the Cowboys. There is no way we are picking that high, We are 25-32.

LitoSheppard
05-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Eagles will pick 32nd..btw don't like the pick

whiteghost324
05-03-2007, 02:50 PM
First of all the cowboys will not take a Qb because if they were they would of taken Quinn this year so thats not going to happen. Second i believe the cowboys will package their two ones and other picks to get Mcfadden