PDA

View Full Version : Philisophy question....Matrix style

-black
05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
interesting question was posed today

http://uplink.space.com/attachments/350198-red_pill_or_blue_pill.jpg

what would happen if Neo from the Matrix would have taken BOTH the blue and the red pill at the same time?

I had to write a little paper but the basic thought from me is. Since they were inside the Matrix at the time, the pill represented a decision. It was a a symbol of choice and not anything physical. If by taking both pills, it would mean the choices would either cancle each other out or overide the other. Which means he would not make a decision, therefore him taking both pills could not have existsed because you cant make two one awnser choices simulantously. So it would have created a time vortex in which he would have travled back in time to a point where he is presented with the choice one again. Until he made a choice, or took either pill, he would continously rewind time up until that point.

or either he would take both pills and die :)

well thats my basic theory (or hypothesis). I dont know if i will write that or think or something else. What do you think would happen

...yes nerd talk

slightlyaraiderfan
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I think they were sugar pills, nothing would have happened. They're just trying to mess with his mind man!

snobdmat
05-01-2007, 02:12 PM
hes right tho, that it represented the choice to enter "reality" and leave the matrix. taking both pills is the same as taking neither because it shows that he has not made a choice. as for the whole time vortex thing, im not so sure about that.

what if neo was lied to the entire time and no matter which pill he took would take him to reality so by taking both would warrant the same result.

i really have no idea tho, its all speculation

Ward
05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
The whole point was to make a decision, as others have said. Taking both means nothing.

Notredameleo
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I think that they were both really reality pills, but they knew he wuold choose to take the red pill, they just wanted him to feel like he had a choice...i dont know...lol

snobdmat
05-01-2007, 02:33 PM
another thought is that the red pill made him become the one possibly. so if he took the blue or both it would have not made neo the one.

-black
05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
hes right tho, that it represented the choice to enter "reality" and leave the matrix. taking both pills is the same as taking neither because it shows that he has not made a choice. as for the whole time vortex thing, im not so sure about that. what if neo was lied to the entire time and no matter which pill he took would take him to reality so by taking both would warrant the same result.

i really have no idea tho, its all speculation

I know, lol I was just going to say that to spicen up my little paper. :)

-black
05-02-2007, 09:05 AM
so who has an idea for me to steal?

swordman
05-21-2007, 07:42 AM
I think the pills has nothing to do with the actual fact of him going back It was just to show morpheus his choice.

Had he taken both of them morpheus would have ***** slap him and said "MAKE A CHOICE YOU JACKASS!!"

-black
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
lol...........

Addict
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
hmmm... wouldn't happen. Neo'd just sit there wondering what to do, and then that bold buddhist kid would walk in and say 'there is no pill' and that'd be the end of the movie.

I love the Matrix. Pity they made it a triologie though. It got worse as the sequals came along.

-black
05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
the fight scenes were good all through each movie....

Addict
05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
the fight scenes were good all through each movie....

true. But they did get longer every time... to the point of boredom.

It's not a good thing when televised violence becomes a bore.

WMD
05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
He would've fell into a deep depression, shave half of his head and lock himself in a room without windows. He would then listen to 'White Rabbit' all day and ask his oscillating fan questions it can only answer "No" to.

ricky bobby
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Nothing would happen. Analogy: It's like taking a pill for constipation along with a pill for diahrea. Or taking a sleeping pill and doing a couple lines of coke.

awfullyquiet
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
to take both wouldn't be a choice, but the lack therof.
it shows indecisiveness and no balls.

BigDawg819
05-22-2007, 12:11 AM
If he would have taken both at the same time the fabric of time would have ripped open and life as we know and dream of would have ceased to exist. Yes that means that the Super Bowl would be the Lions and Raiders and the Colts and Bears would draft first and second. The Clippers would win the NBA Title every other year and the Lakers would be a laughing stock. The Devil Rays would be a dominate team and the Yankees would be a door mat team and etc. etc. .........

Paranoidmoonduck
05-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I could only hope that him taking both would mean that the second and third movies were never made.

TH3
05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
one pill allowed them to find him in the machine structure and likely also caused it to release him. the second might've put him to sleep or something similar. the representation of choice is artistic only and doesn't really fit with the "science" in the story.

Bingo Bango Jango

Addict
05-22-2007, 01:11 AM
If he would have taken both at the same time the fabric of time would have ripped open and life as we know and dream of would have ceased to exist. Yes that means that the Super Bowl would be the Lions and Raiders and the Colts and Bears would draft first and second. The Clippers would win the NBA Title every other year and the Lakers would be a laughing stock. The Devil Rays would be a dominate team and the Yankees would be a door mat team and etc. etc. .........

eh... what's so strange about that?

BigDawg819
05-22-2007, 01:13 AM
eh... what's so strange about that?

If I have to explain it you obviously missed the point.

M.O.T.H.
05-22-2007, 01:26 AM
How many of these movies did they make? 3? I think I only saw like the ending of the first and like half of the 2nd... no idea what the hell was going on...

BigDawg819
05-22-2007, 01:30 AM
How many of these movies did they make? 3? I think I only saw like the ending of the first and like half of the 2nd... no idea what the hell was going on...

Guy's a dork, guy gets chick, guy becomes god, guy fights machines, guy beats virus, machines and people are at peace. There your caught up.

M.O.T.H.
05-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Guy's a dork, guy gets chick, guy becomes god, guy fights machines, guy beats virus, machines and people are at peace. There your caught up.

thank you sir, haha... saved me a few hours.

BigDawg819
05-22-2007, 01:32 AM
thank you sir, haha... saved me a few hours.

Not to mention saving you the shock and horror of how bad they ended the story in the third movie, but hey at least I did my good deed for the day.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Don't worry, I watched all three and I still had no idea what was going on.

BigDawg819
05-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Don't worry, I watched all three and I still had no idea what was going on.

I summed it up about 4 posts ago. :D

Paranoidmoonduck
05-22-2007, 02:10 AM
I summed it up about 4 posts ago. :D

Yes, but you left out the architect scene in which Neo is there but he is not but he has been there before but it wasn't him but it was him and if he goes through that door he'll be back there later but something bad will happen that he has no power to prevent but he should go through the door anyway wait he shouldn't wait what the **** is going on?

BigDawg819
05-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Yes, but you left out the architect scene in which Neo is there but he is not but he has been there before but it wasn't him but it was him and if he goes through that door he'll be back there later but something bad will happen that he has no power to prevent but he should go through the door anyway wait he shouldn't wait what the **** is going on?

I did mention that, it was the guy becomes god part.

M.O.T.H.
05-22-2007, 02:18 AM

I think i saw that part....haha.

tEk
05-22-2007, 02:22 AM
who the hell brought this back from 2 weeks ago! just to confuse me i bet.