PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay trades for Ryan Sims

eazyb81
05-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Why, I have no idea.

No link yet, just heard on local KC radio.

Geo
05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden won't be there in 2008, so what do they care?

Jay
05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Why? Why not! Maybe the change of scenery will help. Tampa has really done a lot to try and revamp their defense...

TwOne
05-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden won't be there in 2008, so what do they care?i bet you they are.

but it was a stupid trade imo unless they see something in him.

T-RICH49
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow why not wait til he is a June 1 cut?

eazyb81
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Why? Why not! Maybe the change of scenery will help. Tampa has really done a lot to try and revamp their defense...

1. He sucks

2. They could have had him for nothing if they waited a few weeks.

georgiafan
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

Splat
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
For real what did we get?

Splat
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

Thanks for the link + rep.

Moses
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
For real what did we get?

Undisclosed future draft pick.

princefielder28
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
An attempt to revive the career of a former 1st rounder

Splat
05-01-2007, 02:24 PM
An attempt to revive the career of a former 1st rounder

If you want to call sitting on the bench for crazy money a career.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Maybe Monte Kiffin will get him going.

Splat
05-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Here is what the 6th pick in the first round of his draft class got the Chiefs nice work DV.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302225

Nitschke-Hawk
05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Here is what the 6th pick in the first round of his draft class got the Chiefs nice work DV.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302225

That's Yuckie.

Basileus777
05-01-2007, 03:12 PM
The fact that we got anything for Sims baffles me.

etk
05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden won't be there in 2008, so what do they care?

After this year's draft I think you're right.....

Caddy
05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm really not sure why Tampa would bring him. But after Kiffin basically revived Chris Hovan's flailing career, maybe he can do the same thing.

etk, stop being such a skeptic about the draft. It has been received well by most 'guys in the know' and many others on the boards. We had a good draft. It wasn't a great one, but it was decent enough.

TwOne
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
After this year's draft I think you're right.....wth was wrong with this year's draft? Because we didn't get Calvin? Woopty doo, we dont need him. They did a great job drafting this year. Please explain how it was not a good draft...

Donno
05-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Im assuming a 7th rounder for him or not even.

Splat
05-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Im assuming a 7th rounder for him or not even.

Being that there are only seven rounds it can't be any less my guess is at best a 6th but I'm thinking it will be a 7th.

bored of education
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm guessing a 6th.

Splat
05-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing a 6th.

He was going to be a June 1st cut any ways I would be more then happy to get a 6th.

Ho0k Em'
05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
The fact that we got anything is amazing to me.

bored of education
05-01-2007, 07:32 PM
True very TRUE

jkpigskin
05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Ryan Sims was the most overrated DT in his draft....

some people were saying he was better than John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth, and boy were they wrong

not sure if he can revive his career but i guess its worth a shot

cunningham06
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I can't believe someone actually gave something up for Ryan Sims.

etk
05-01-2007, 10:06 PM
etk, stop being such a skeptic about the draft. It has been received well by most 'guys in the know' and many others on the boards. We had a good draft. It wasn't a great one, but it was decent enough.

Am I not entitled to my own opinion and is it wrong to 'dare to be different'? I don't like our draft plan nor do I like many of the specific players we took. We haven't had a single productive draft under Gruden and this one will not break the trend. Gaines Adams and Tanard Jackson could become fixtures in our defense, but the rest of the guys are unlikely to reach expectations.

simms2clayton
05-02-2007, 02:49 AM
We haven't had a single productive draft under Gruden and this one will not break the trend. Gaines Adams and Tanard Jackson could become fixtures in our defense, but the rest of the guys are unlikely to reach expectations.

WHAT? Not one single productive draft...are you out of your ******* mind?

Okay. I guess then that players like Michael Clayton, Caddillac Wiliams, Barrett Ruud, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Paris Warren (good for a 7th rounder), Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, and Bruce Gradkowski are all mediocre players.

That isn't even counting Alan Zemaitis and TJ Williams from the 2006 draft because they got injured so who knows. Also, the 2004 draft was crap because it was a McKay draft (who has been having some great drafts of late in Atlanta)...only drafts 05-07 are Allen drafts.

Just be quiet, you probably can't even spell football.

Caddy
05-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Am I not entitled to my own opinion and is it wrong to 'dare to be different'? I don't like our draft plan nor do I like many of the specific players we took. We haven't had a single productive draft under Gruden and this one will not break the trend. Gaines Adams and Tanard Jackson could become fixtures in our defense, but the rest of the guys are unlikely to reach expectations.

If you want to wallow in your own negativeness then go ahead, but I myself like to be optimistic about our draft picks.

Caddy
05-02-2007, 03:01 AM

Okay. I guess then that players like Michael Clayton, Caddillac Wiliams, Barrett Ruud, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Paris Warren (good for a 7th rounder), Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Maurice Stovall, and Bruce Gradkowski are all mediocre players.

That isn't even counting Alan Zemaitis and TJ Williams from the 2006 draft because they got injured so who knows. Also, the 2004 draft was crap because it was a McKay draft (who has been having some great drafts of late in Atlanta)...only drafts 05-07 are Allen drafts.

Hate to break it to you, but Gradkowski and Warren at this stage are less than mediocre players. Clayton, Williams, Buenning, Smith, Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood have proved it on the field and were good picks. The jury is still out on Ruud but I have really high hopes for him this season.

toonsterwu
05-02-2007, 07:50 AM
I think it's a worthy gamble for Tampa Bay. Ryan has talent. He was always overrated, but there's talent there. The likelihood was that someone would take a gamble on him if he got cut, there was no guarantee that Tampa Bay could get him. I'm sure they didn't give up much for him, and now they get him in and get to work with him early on. Definitely makes sense for KC, as they would've cut him.

Btw, I liked Tampa Bay's draft. They really have a good looking OL right now, and they added depth at a lot of key spots. Peterson is a good looking talent inside, and Adams adds an edge rusher. Piscitelli is the type of safety that could really excel in the scheme, a la John Lynch, and Quincy Black is a bit raw, but has top linebacking potential. I'm assuming Tanard gets worked at CB, and he's ap otential fit there as well. Marcus Hamilton is a potential scheme fit late as well. Could've used a WR in there somewhere perhaps, but it was a really sound draft, IMO. I expect they'll watch the wires to see if a WR falls out, or perhaps make a deal for one.

Overall, they are one of my top 10 drafts.

portermvp84
05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Soild starter, I'm guessing the Bucs gave up a 6th rounder.

Ho0k Em'
05-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Soild starter, I'm guessing the Bucs gave up a 6th rounder.

Solid bench warmer you mean. He should never sniff the starting line-up.

JCshutEmDown
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
People were calling Warren Sapp a bust after 1995 and then in his first year in Kiffin's defense in 1996 he doubled his tackles and tripled his sacks. I'm not saying Sims will be even close to Sapp, but he was the 6th overall pick and this defense is made for the 3-technique DT.

marks01234
05-02-2007, 03:52 PM
He's worth about a 7th in 2050.

TwOne
05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Btw, I liked Tampa Bay's draft. They really have a good looking OL right now, and they added depth at a lot of key spots. Peterson is a good looking talent inside, and Adams adds an edge rusher. Piscitelli is the type of safety that could really excel in the scheme, a la John Lynch, and Quincy Black is a bit raw, but has top linebacking potential. I'm assuming Tanard gets worked at CB, and he's ap otential fit there as well. Marcus Hamilton is a potential scheme fit late as well. Could've used a WR in there somewhere perhaps, but it was a really sound draft, IMO. I expect they'll watch the wires to see if a WR falls out, or perhaps make a deal for one.

Overall, they are one of my top 10 drafts.Finally someone else besides me and S2C that love our draft and Piscitelli and Jackson will most likely end up starting this season at Safety

etk
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM

According to your philosophy you can combine players from three drafts into one good one. Try telling me we've had one individual draft that has been an overwhelming success. 2005 was pretty good, but time will tell how good.

etk
05-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Hate to break it to you, but Gradkowski and Warren at this stage are less than mediocre players. Clayton, Williams, Buenning, Smith, Buenning, Joseph and Trueblood have proved it on the field and were good picks. The jury is still out on Ruud but I have really high hopes for him this season.

Ruud has proven a lot more on the field than Trueblood, Smith and recent Clayton. Buenning played well as a rookie but injuries may hamper his future success.

#1chiefs_fan
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
its about time we got rid of his lazy a$*

Ho0k Em'
05-02-2007, 06:57 PM
People were calling Warren Sapp a bust after 1995 and then in his first year in Kiffin's defense in 1996 he doubled his tackles and tripled his sacks. I'm not saying Sims will be even close to Sapp, but he was the 6th overall pick and this defense is made for the 3-technique DT.

1995 was his rookie year so you really can't compare the two. This guy is entering his 6th year with a total of 5 sacks.

ks_perfection
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Gruden should have taken Winston Justice instead of Joseph. Than not take Trueblood in the 2nd.

etk
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Gruden should have taken Winston Justice instead of Joseph. Than not take Trueblood in the 2nd.

Davin Joseph>>>>>Winston Justice for now.

ks_perfection
05-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Davin Joseph>>>>>Winston Justice for now.

How do you know? Justice hasn't played yet.

Caddy
05-03-2007, 09:12 AM

Can you read? Hence etk using the words "for now".

ks_perfection
05-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Can you read? Hence etk using the words "for now".

Okay, so how do I compare how 1 guy who isn't playing to 1 that is?

Caddy
05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Okay, so how do I compare how 1 guy who isn't playing to 1 that is?

You were the first one to compare apples to oranges comparing a guard with a tackle.

-black
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Chris Hovan all over again......hopefully

simms2clayton
05-03-2007, 11:32 AM
According to your philosophy you can combine players from three drafts into one good one. Try telling me we've had one individual draft that has been an overwhelming success. 2005 was pretty good, but time will tell how good.

Man, no one has a perfect draft. No body can get every pick right. Your expectations are too high. Btw, when this team starts winning again thanks to these past 2 drafts, don't cheer a single play. Just sit there and say to yourself that Bruce Allen doesn't know what he is doing. Only that.

simms2clayton
05-03-2007, 11:35 AM

Warren will never be better than a 5th WR on this team. I realize that, but that doesn't mean he is a bad draft pick.

How can you judge a player only after their rookie year. Gradkowski was a ****** rookie with no running game and a bad defense. Just because he isn't VY doesn't mean he is a bad player. I think Grad will be a very good backup for this team for years to come. Not bad for a 6th rounder (I think he was our 6th rounder, maybe a 5th but who cares.)

portermvp84
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Bruce won't be a starter for awhile, he will master the art of the backup QB. I think he will learn well from Jeff Garcia and down the road he could find a soild starting stop.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I expect John McCargo to have a similar career to Ryan Sims, as Sims was to Peppers, McCargo was to Mario.

etk
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM

Exactly, Justice hasn't played yet while Joseph started most of his rookie season and was very impressive.

Caddy
05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Warren will never be better than a 5th WR on this team. I realize that, but that doesn't mean he is a bad draft pick.

How can you judge a player only after their rookie year. Gradkowski was a ****** rookie with no running game and a bad defense. Just because he isn't VY doesn't mean he is a bad player. I think Grad will be a very good backup for this team for years to come. Not bad for a 6th rounder (I think he was our 6th rounder, maybe a 5th but who cares.)

Calm down big fella. Bruce is a capable back-up with spot start potential. Nothing more, nothing less.