PDA

View Full Version : Dan Bazuin, and Congrats on the draft!

WCH
05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey guys, I'm a Packer fan but I just wanted to congratulate you guys on another good draft. I saw that you guys are getting slammed by the media, but I really think you came out of it with the best draft in the division. With the Lions and Vikings running the Tampa-2, I think that Olsen should help out a lot in beating their defenses. Aside from that, I know that you're going to love Dan Bazuin.

I follow the MAC pretty closely (last year I was the only person on the planet who thought that Greg Jennings and Tony Scheffler were studs, both top-3 at their positions in my rankings) and I have to say, Dan Bazuin is going to be a monster in a few years. Earlier in the season he absolutely dominated the University of Michigan. Here's a play-by-play breakdown of the UM offense vs. CMU defense:

http://mgoblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/upon-further-review-offense-vs-central.html

I just thought that you guys might be interested in that, because I know that most of you don't follow MAC football and probably don't know much about the guy.The writer was a Michigan fan and he had some great one-liners, at one point comparing Bazuin to Lawrence Taylor. Michigan couldn't block the guy. He even got Jake Long a few times.

I think that if it weren't for issues in his personal life, he would have been a first-rounder. He needs to add some strength, which I'm sure Chicago's Strength & Conditioning program will take care of. Aside from that, if he works hard and studies film (he has occassional mental mistakes which will be erradicated by film study) I really think that he can be a Pro Bowl player. I see Aaron Kampan, with more athletic ability (of course, nobody in the NFL works harder than Kampan, so don't go expecting any 15 sack seasons ;)).

bearfan
05-01-2007, 06:08 PM
good post man, good to see a packers fan with some class ;)

sweetness34
05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
good post man, good to see a packers fan with some class ;)

They're few and far between though. :D

Like I said before, keep ripping on this draft for those who said it's not too good, we'll see who's laughing at the end of the year.

I remember being kinda bummed about 2006, but when I kept reading up on those guys and kept hearing about them I started to get excited, and look what happened.

princefielder28
05-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Like I said before, keep ripping on this draft for those who said it's not too good, we'll see who's laughing at the end of the year.

I remember being kinda bummed about 2006, but when I kept reading up on those guys and kept hearing about them I started to get excited, and look what happened.

I agree with my other Green Bay friend that initially posted in here and with sweetness, the Bears consistently draft well and with the addition of a player like Dan Bazuin is huge. Personally, he reminds me of Green Bay Defensive End Aaron Kampman. Greg Olsen was avery nice first round selection and he provides Rex with a consistent receiving threat at the position. Adding Josh Beekman in round 4 was a flat out steal and he'll replace one of the aging linemen once they're gone and he's ready. Some people question the Garrett Wolfe selection but he'll be a nice changeup from Cedric Benson and he was very highly touted by some in the beginning of the year but his play slowed a bit and his stock dipped as well. Overall though it was another good looking draft by Jerry Angelo and the Bears management.

Smokey Joe
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I didn't like Wolfe pick at first, but after reading up on things, it seemed like his stock was soaring and that if we waited until later that he would be gone. Plus, JA and Lovie fell in love with him when they worked him out. Plus, it is always nice to get the hometown kid.

I also love Okwo, and he seems like he can be a perfect replacement for Briggs. Jamar Williams' backup LB job is in jeopardy!

regoob2
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM

i thought you absolutely hated greg olsen. why the change of heart now.