PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson

Shockey80
05-01-2007, 03:07 PM
PFT says that the Giants might be a landing spot for Keyshawn.

I think that it would be a good pickup for a cheap 1 year contract.

I know we are kind of stacked at WR between Toomer, Burress, Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss, but if we add Keyshawn we are giving Eli Manning a lot of weapons, even if injurys happen. there would be no excuses.

scottyboy
05-01-2007, 03:16 PM
yea, hes a big, still talented WR who can block, but 6 wr's on the roster may be pushing it- tyree, plax,toomer,smith,nori then keyshawn. i dont really know on this, kinda dont care either way. if we got him, cool i guess, as long as he's not a cancer. if not, eh, whatever

hugegmenfan
05-01-2007, 06:42 PM
i dont like that at all. if toomer is coming back we have no room/need for him. if toomer cant come back its ok.

Forenci
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I think we're all set at the wide receiver posistion. An aging posistion was instantly infused with youth with Sinorice and Steve, now throw in Brandon Myles to the mix and we've got some youth there. I think we'll end up with six receivers on the roster this year.

Burress, Toomer, Moss, Tyree, Smith, and Myles. I think Myles will make the roster to be honest.

I mean, we could do so many things with that receiving corps. Use Moss, Smith and Tyree in a package to stretch the field. Use Burress, Toomer and Myles for a redzone package.

Hopefully Gilbride will utilize them correctly.

That and I don't want Keyshawn with his quesitonable character in the Giants blue. If the team he's with doesn't utilize him right he's often a pretty disruptive guy to the team.

Number 10
05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
If Toomer gets hurt and he is still out there, I would offer the vet minimum or close to it for him. Other than that, pass.

Forenci
05-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I still wouldn't offer him a contract to play for us. I'd much rather have someone like Myles, Smith or Moss step up if that were the case. Perhaps throw Mix into the..mix. Bah, pun..

Edit: Although thinking about it, I like how dominant Keyshawn is at his blocking, shows some dedication. I suppose I'd let our guys attempt to step up, but if it didn't work out I think I'd give him a shot. Would not give any bonuses to make him easily cuttable.

BigBlue58KiperIII
05-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Yea the only way i want him is if Toomer isnt ready, then Keyshawn could be the possession guy. He was happy about being able to mentor a USC WR in Carolina with Jarrett, maybe he'd wanna do the same with Smith here, but no need for him if Amani is good to go

OSUGiants17
05-02-2007, 06:10 AM
yea, hes a big, still talented WR who can block, but 6 wr's on the roster may be pushing it- tyree, plax,toomer,smith,nori then keyshawn. i dont really know on this, kinda dont care either way. if we got him, cool i guess, as long as he's not a cancer. if not, eh, whatever
couldn't have said it better my self.

eacantdraft
05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
There is enough prima donnas on the Giants now. We don't need another one.

bigbluedefense
05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
couldn't have said it better my self.

Were you at the draft? I remember seeing a little kid hold up a sign that said OSU on it when the Giants were picking, and I thought it might be you. Was that you?

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
There is enough prima donnas on the Giants now. We don't need another one.

Kinda agree, but I'd try to get him for the least amount of money possible and not try to outbid anyone, he didn't have that much trouble last year at carolina but the big apple might change that. He could give our rookies some good techniques though. It depends on what we are trying to do, Plax and Toomer are probably good enough mentors so I don't think this will happen.

liquidswords
05-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I really hope we don't sign him. I want Moss and Smith to be on the field as much as possible so they can develop into prime WR's. Keyshawn is a waste of space... We have Toomer, we don't need him.

VY10
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
He won't go to a team that is stacked with receivers. He wants the ball and he wants to win. The Texans and Titans could certainly use him but there would be no big winning on either of the teams.

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Yea, I'll agree with those last 2, and I want to see if Myles, Mix, Watts, and some other guy can make the roster.

GiantRutgersFan
05-03-2007, 01:47 AM
I wouldnt mind this move, but I wouldnt love it either. If its a 1 or 2 year deal where we can easily cut him, then great I dont mind. But i wouldnt throw big money at him.

I think Smith is gonna have a solid year and potentially moss can be good (although I dont like the guy as a player and doubt he amounts to much). but one of them should be enough for a 3rd reciever.

But I want Eli to have good targets to throw too. I dont want to have a repeat of last year. Because of that, I would do it if it were cheap

eacantdraft
05-03-2007, 09:31 AM
We got the possesion WR in Plax. We don't need two.