PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson

the_Kid
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Keyshawn Johnson was released from the Panthers do you think he would be worth signing? Personally i think he could be the short term answer for us at WR and could be a great mentor for our young recievers.

The Dynasty
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I guess he could be a good signing if it was like a 2 year deal to help out Rice and Allison but he is a little old and has had issues in the back. But we would need to jump right on him. I think he would be very helpful.

FatViking
05-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Short term it doesn’t sound like a bad idea with the uncertainties we have at the WR positions right now. Hopefully he has matured in the locker room though.

MNRunLeft
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't think they'll sign him, we drafted 3 WR's (2 that will make the roster) and I don't know why but Johnson has always seemed to be an expensive player.

I would assume our WR core will look something like...
Wade, Williamson, Rice, Allison, McMullin, Carter, Nance maybe

Crazy_Chris
05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I think he is the one type of WR we dont have and that we need, a big physical move the chains, clutch go-to third down guy who is a threat in the red zone... but i really really doubt that we will sign him i think Childress wants to stay young hence why we didnt go after Joe Horn/Eric Moulds/Darrel Jackson

chug o nomics
05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I would love to have Rice line up opposite of Johnson in the red zone.

the_legend_killer
05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
It wouldn't be a bad one year option, but nothing more than that. A WR corps of Johnson, Williamson, Rice, Allison, Wade and Williams wouldn't be so bad.

princefielder28
05-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Even though I'm a Packers fan I think Keyshawn would really help out rookies Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison learn how to play their position at the highest level. He could also be a helping hand to the maturity of Tavaris Jackson.

swagger
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
First of all, Keyshawn said he wants to play on a team that can compete for a Super Bowl.

Second of all, I don't even want him. It'd be nice to add a mature veteran receiver who can help the young guys out. Sorry, but that ain't Keyshawn.

General Zod
05-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Im sure the Pats will probally sign him.

Kid_Ego
05-02-2007, 12:42 AM
I wonder if him getting cut to all the **** he was talking during the draft lol
If i recall it went something like When delhomme was struggling We had no body. Hell yeah we should draft brady quinn. LOL

wogitalia
05-02-2007, 01:19 AM
I'd love him. Would be a safety valve to TJ or whoever starts. Can help Sid and TWill to develop. Take some pressure off everyone.

swagger
05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Keyshawn doesn't really strike me as a guy who would take young guys under his wing.

Crazy_Chris
05-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Yea he talks a big game about how he was going to Teach Dwayne Jarret ... but i dont think he really would want to come in to be a "mentor"

jerthemessiah
05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I think he'll probally retire and take up a broadcasting job.

DHVF
05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Okay, who would ya'll rather have (although neither is likely to come here), Eric Moulds or Keyshawn?

Crazy_Chris
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Keyshawn Johnson

swagger
05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I want a veteran wide receiver who will help out the young guys. I don't even care if he's good or not.

We also need that type of leadership at quarterback....

Severe Punishment
05-03-2007, 03:42 AM
hahahaha...yeah, that's important.
Vetrans who suck to teach the youngsters.

Load em up and bring em in !

swagger
05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
hahahaha...yeah, that's important.
Vetrans who suck to teach the youngsters.

Load em up and bring em in !

I know, because you have to be a star to help young guys. Look at what Gus Frerotte did for Daunte. Jason Garrett was infamous for helping out the starter. I'm sure there are hundreds of other examples.

"hahahahahaha....i'm severe punishment and i laugh because i don't understand things hahahahahaa"

Kid_Ego
05-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Why not bringin the ultimate vetren and bring back CC at capacity

vikes_28
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I would love to have Rice line up opposite of Johnson in the red zone.

it scares me that we are already putting rice in front of williamson...AHHH, biggest waste of a 7th overall draft pick ever...TROY WILLIAMSON=BADNESS

Severe Punishment
05-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I know, because you have to be a star to help young guys. Look at what Gus Frerotte did for Daunte. Jason Garrett was infamous for helping out the starter. I'm sure there are hundreds of other examples.

"hahahahahaha....i'm severe punishment and i laugh because i don't understand things hahahahahaa"

hahahahaha....Yep, you're exactly right. Gus Frerotte made Daunte Culpepper what he is today. Great example.

I'm sure I could find 100's of other unprovable "facts" as well, what's your freakin point ??

"I'm swaggar, I never post anything of opinion....I'm only here to rip on others for having one"

Severe Punishment
05-03-2007, 01:26 PM
it scares me that we are already putting rice in front of williamson...AHHH, biggest waste of a 7th overall draft pick ever...TROY WILLIAMSON=BADNESS
Didn't you know...where you're drafted equatest to how much potential you have. Therefore Williamson = Good pick. Brady Quinn at 22 = bad pick.

Sheesh I'd figure you being a Viking fan could "figure that out"

swagger
05-03-2007, 01:37 PM
With a projected quarterback corps of unproven guys like Tarvaris JAckson, Brooks Bollinger, and Tyler Thigpen.... it certainly was a terrible idea to want to bring in an experienced veteran.

With a projected WR corps centered around 20 year old Sidney Rice, 23 year old Andrae Allison, 24 year old Troy Williamson, and Bobby Wade... again it certainly was a terrible idea to want to bring in an experienced veteran.

equatest
Dear Lord.

Severe Punishment
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
equate.

1 a : to make equal (http://www.webster.com/dictionary/equal) : EQUALIZE (http://www.webster.com/dictionary/equalize) b : to make such an allowance or correction in as will reduce to a common standard or obtain a correct result

Or perhaps people aren't allowed a typo on here....ahhahaha

"I'm swagger, I'm a self-absorbed egomaniac who has nothing better to do that quote people's typo's on the internet...yes !!! curse you who have opinions !"

vikes_28
05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
well still...keyshawn would be an excellent addition to the vikings, maybe cut some of those useless recievers and get one that we might actually be able to hold onto the ball *cough*WILLIAMSON*cough*

the_Kid
05-03-2007, 03:37 PM

"I'm swaggar, I never post anything of opinion....I'm only here to rip on others for having one"

equate.
"I'm swagger, I'm a self-absorbed egomaniac who has nothing better to do that quote people's typo's on the internet...yes !!! curse you who have opinions !"

will you just shut the **** up with that ****

Severe Punishment
05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
who the **** are you ? And how does this effect you whatsoever.

Go sit down and when called upon then you may speak.

Crazy_Chris
05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I really dont care if Keyshawn wants to be a mentor or not and i dont care if hes brought in to be one... I want Keyshawn becuase if i remember correctly its Been about 3 years in a row that he has caught 70 passes or more he has solid hands, he's a big physical threat in the red Zone, and he's not a afriad to get dirty and work across the middle he is everything we have been lacking at WR.... And second i don't want to be reliant on Troy Williamson and a bunch of rookies(and bobby wade) to be our WR's this year

the_Kid
05-03-2007, 09:07 PM
who the **** are you ? And how does this effect you whatsoever.

Go sit down and when called upon then you may speak.

im the one who started this thread dumbass and ill talk whenever the **** I want *****

jerthemessiah
05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Read in the Star Trib today that Childress said during a KFAN interview that he wonders if Johnson still has anything left in the tank. I think the chances of him coming here are slim to none.

Severe Punishment
05-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I really dont care if Keyshawn wants to be a mentor or not and i dont care if hes brought in to be one... I want Keyshawn becuase if i remember correctly its Been about 3 years in a row that he has caught 70 passes or more he has solid hands, he's a big physical threat in the red Zone, and he's not a afriad to get dirty and work across the middle he is everything we have been lacking at WR.... And second i don't want to be reliant on Troy Williamson and a bunch of rookies(and bobby wade) to be our WR's this year
He's a better "Marcus Robinson" style WR.
Trouble is...if Childress couldn't handle M.R. what would he ever do with a Keyshawn ?

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2007, 12:44 AM
thats true... but chldress should try to handle him because its definatly not a good idea to rely on a bunch of rookies to step up at WR, unless a miracle happens and it all comes together for Troy Williamson this year we have no reliable WR's

Kid_Ego
05-04-2007, 01:53 AM
A Veteran yes but not Keshawn. Id rather see them bring Chris Carterback to help coach them. There is a positive Source who could help these guys. He knows what its like to be young and stupid and he also has proven that your first 3 years in the league doesnt have to define you. Unlike some of these crack heads who believe if your not enshrined in canton by the end of your first year that you must be a bust. I believe that most people dont develop into Model citizens and Clutch preformers by the time they are 24? I really wonder what most of these CRITICS were doing when they were 24? Im sure all of them were top flight employees and never ever made mistakes by theage of 23. It always amazes me that people think because you pay a guy millions of dollars that suddenly they should be able to leap over tall buildings and fly down the field like a speeding bullet. I dont know how to explain this any more simply then just to say Randy was called the freak for more then one reason. The dude was a rare one in a million player. Who came in and blew up the nfl. There has been litterally hundreds since and thousands before him that couldnt do what he did. We will probably never see another 1st year player do what he did. Not just for the Vikings, But the entire NFL. And Personally I think that may be a good thing. His early success also lead to his early down fall because he was so good at one route he never felt like he had to learn another route. As long as we had a big armed Qb which we had every year he was there. He never felt obligated to become the great player he was destined to be. Not only did it hurt Randy but it also hurt Daunte in the fact he felt like he didnt need to read defenses all he had to do was drop back and "Throw it up there Dawg I will go get it" and if that didnt work just drop the ball off to the greatest thrid down receiver of all time Chris Carter.
Who by the was was also called a flop after his first 3 years in the league so too were Chad Johnson and Isiac Bruce but as it turned out those two guys kinda came around a bit.

Zbikowski_9
05-04-2007, 02:01 AM
well said. I hate all the T-Will bashers, although i would love to see a big physical WR to come in and complement our army of slots.

Severe Punishment
05-04-2007, 02:33 AM
A Veteran yes but not Keshawn. Id rather see them bring Chris Carterback to help coach them. There is a positive Source who could help these guys. He knows what its like to be young and stupid and he also has proven that your first 3 years in the league doesnt have to define you. Unlike some of these crack heads who believe if your not enshrined in canton by the end of your first year that you must be a bust. I believe that most people dont develop into Model citizens and Clutch preformers by the time they are 24? I really wonder what most of these CRITICS were doing when they were 24? Im sure all of them were top flight employees and never ever made mistakes by theage of 23. It always amazes me that people think because you pay a guy millions of dollars that suddenly they should be able to leap over tall buildings and fly down the field like a speeding bullet. I dont know how to explain this any more simply then just to say Randy was called the freak for more then one reason. The dude was a rare one in a million player. Who came in and blew up the nfl. There has been litterally hundreds since and thousands before him that couldnt do what he did. We will probably never see another 1st year player do what he did. Not just for the Vikings, But the entire NFL. And Personally I think that may be a good thing. His early success also lead to his early down fall because he was so good at one route he never felt like he had to learn another route. As long as we had a big armed Qb which we had every year he was there. He never felt obligated to become the great player he was destined to be. Not only did it hurt Randy but it also hurt Daunte in the fact he felt like he didnt need to read defenses all he had to do was drop back and "Throw it up there Dawg I will go get it" and if that didnt work just drop the ball off to the greatest thrid down receiver of all time Chris Carter.
Who by the was was also called a flop after his first 3 years in the league so too were Chad Johnson and Isiac Bruce but as it turned out those two guys kinda came around a bit. I actually agree with most of what you say here...2 things I'll add.
1) Cris Carter has a piss poor attitude and didn't want to listen to Buddy Ryan. Cris admitted that being shown the door was the wake up call he needed. After that, he changed his LIFE ,..not his game...his LIFE around (to God)
and
2) It's not outlandish to expect great things when taking someone with a first round pick. Does money MAKE you a solid citizen ? no, but reverting to "thug" mentalities becomes easier when you no longer have to work at being a decent human being. (which should always be more important than being a good player)
The athletes view point is only 1/3 of the total aspect.
There's the league which is always marketing itself and the team which
wants to win, ...but understands there obligation in "teaching" these kids
how to handle their newfound fame and help them become successful
off the field as well as on. When these athletes are drafted, they're immediately role models for lots of young kids , right or wrong it's the truth. So to eliviate the responsibilities by saying "you shouldn't expect
them to be good people at 24" is wrong.
The reason people go to college is , so that , when they graduate they've showed enough maturity to warrent the title "adult".

supermario86
05-05-2007, 02:53 PM
don't get him