PDA

View Full Version : Joel Filani

Bigbluegiant
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
i have to admit that after the titans didnt take a WR in the first round i was mad but after i saw this video i think im ok with it. Joel Filani is just insane, if he has a hole then he is gone and good luck taking him down. not bad for a 6th rounder. he's got my vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUTe7mtx0rA&NR=1

stephenson86
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
sweeeeeeeeet

MicktheGreat
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I actually wasn't all that impressed after watching that reel.

From those clips, he doesn't seem all that fluid of an athlete. I don't know...maybe he'll become a decent slot WR option. Normally, I'm a little wary of WRs from pass-happy systems like TX Tech -- as his stats/highlights were obviously inflated by the play-calling.

Plus, just because of the nature of the "highlight reel," we only see the good plays that he made. It's difficult to predict the consistency that he'll exhibit each-and-every play...

Just my $.02...

Gotitansfreak10
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
he had like 80+ receptions 1300 yards and 15 td's last year. dont quote me on those numbers, but i know they are about there, those numbers in the big 12 are huge, im looking forward to our 3 recievers and chris henry

MicktheGreat
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
he had like 80+ receptions 1300 yards and 15 td's last year. dont quote me on those numbers, but i know they are about there, those numbers in the big 12 are huge, im looking forward to our 3 recievers and chris henry

Yes...he put up big numbers in college. However, you have to wonder whether or not his numbers were the product of a very pass-happy TX Tech offensive system.

There have been lots of TX Tech players who put up big numbers there but then never did a thing in the NFL. The only TX Tech WR that I can think of who's done anything in the NFL lately is Wes Welker -- a solid contributor (especially in special teams).

All that said, if Filani can be about as good as Welker (i.e. a reliable 3rd WR, borderline 2nd WR), I'd be happy.

iKNOW
05-03-2007, 05:53 AM
this guy is like welker, only not as good. as a texas fan, welker was annoying as hell since he was fast and always seemed to find the soft spots. filani not so much during his college days. special teamer at best. definitely not going to be an upgrade to the group of WRs the titans have.

stephenson86
05-03-2007, 08:40 AM
this guy is like welker, only not as good. as a texas fan, welker was annoying as hell since he was fast and always seemed to find the soft spots. filani not so much during his college days. special teamer at best. definitely not going to be an upgrade to the group of WRs the titans have.

you never know

LonghornsLegend
05-29-2007, 03:50 PM
posting stats of a texas tech WR is pointless....they throw 50 times a game, and run maybe 5, which are draw plays...they line up 5-6 WR's at a time...alot of the WR's who are producing huge numbers dont even have DB's lined up over them, it usually ends up being safeties, LBers, or a soft zone coverage...they arent used to beating DB's consistently to get open, and as much as the ball is thrown around they have plenty chances to rack up stats

not to say filani wont show up, i mean he was a 6th rder, so for that rd great pick, but posting his stats wont help his argument any...he is a big target, and i think he's the type of WR that could work well with young