PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson

Ho0k Em'
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
What do you guys think about picking him up. He's still got a little in the tank, and he's one of the best runblocking WR's in the league. He's somewhat similar to Bowe in that he's a physical reciever and an endzone threat. I remember we were looking at him before he went to the Panthers. He seems like a "Herm player".

bored of education
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Give me Keyshawn and cut samie Parker hahha

Ho0k Em'
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Give me Keyshawn and cut samie Parker hahha

Hell yes....

BPhilb
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM
At this point I think I would rather play the young guys. If signing Keyshawn means taking away snaps from guys like Webb, Bowe, or even Parker I think I would rather just work with those guys. I like Keyshawn and I think he still provides value in the right situation, I just don't think we are the type of team that needs to go down that road right now.

Ho0k Em'
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
At this point I think I would rather play the young guys. If signing Keyshawn means taking away snaps from guys like Webb, Bowe, or even Parker I think I would rather just work with those guys. I like Keyshawn and I think he still provides value in the right situation, I just don't think we are the type of team that needs to go down that road right now.

I think that Webb would benefit alot from having time in the slot for a while. He hasn't proven anything, and hasn't done anything on the field. I have a hard time believe he can go from 3 total catches to a #2 receiver. I've given up on parker. You can never go wrong with veteran leadership IMO.

Hermstheman83
05-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I would think Eddie K is that veteran leadership. It certainly seems that is what he's doing with Dwayne Bowe....also, Herm has said many times that he felt the CB's couldn't cover webb or hannon...that tells me something when a hof'er(Ty Law) can't cover you..

Splat
05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
KJ does not fit our youth move meant at all I would have to pass.

villagewarrior
05-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I fail to see a youth movement here. Sure, the Chiefs said they wanted more picks to get younger but at the end of the day all they did was trade Dante Hall and cut a couple of underperformers. It seems to me like the team is trying to win the Super Bowl this year, and if that is the case then Keyshawn needs to be looked at hard.

Ho0k Em'
05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I would think Eddie K is that veteran leadership. It certainly seems that is what he's doing with Dwayne Bowe....also, Herm has said many times that he felt the CB's couldn't cover webb or hannon...that tells me something when a hof'er(Ty Law) can't cover you..

I've seen one article where it says that we have a hard time covering them in practice. But at the end of the day they still drafted a #1 reciever so they can't be burning them that bad. I think that was a bit of a smokescreen. I'm just not going to buy that 2 players with a career 3 catches will come in /o a problem. Where did you get that it seems that Eddie is helping Bowe??

BPhilb
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I've seen one article where it says that we have a hard time covering them in practice. But at the end of the day they still drafted a #1 reciever so they can't be burning them that bad. I think that was a bit of a smokescreen. I'm just not going to buy that 2 players with a career 3 catches will come in /o a problem. Where did you get that it seems that Eddie is helping Bowe??

There is a great interview right now on KCChiefs.com with Eddie Kennison and he spoke about how he took Bowe to dinner on Monday night and lunch on Tuesday. He's also been helping him find a place to live in KC. He seems genuily excited about the yound recievers and the interview was very refreshing. It's about 13 minutes long but well worth the time to watch.

Splat
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I fail to see a youth movement here. Sure, the Chiefs said they wanted more picks to get younger but at the end of the day all they did was trade Dante Hall and cut a couple of underperformers. It seems to me like the team is trying to win the Super Bowl this year, and if that is the case then Keyshawn needs to be looked at hard.

They got younger at WR,Safety and on the DL you can only do so much in one off season. I think if it was up to Herm we would have not picked up Donnie Edwards just based on age that pick up was a King Carl move. I'm not saying I don't like the move I do just what I think about what Herm is trying to do. I know we wanted to trade Wesley as well but there was no taker for what we wanted in return you can't make a trade with out a trade partner.

Ho0k Em'
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
They got younger at WR,Safety and on the DL you can only do so much in one off season. I think if it was up to Herm we would have not picked up Donnie Edwards just based on age that pick up was a King Carl move. I'm not saying I don't like the move I do just what I think about what Herm is trying to do. I know we wanted to trade Wesley as well but there was no taker for what we wanted in return you can't make a trade with out a trade partner.

All through the draft...that's going to happen anywhere. We're just actually getting production out of our draft picks now.

Unless of course our the redskins.