PDA

View Full Version : Dan Bazuin

sweetness34
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Anyone else getting really excited about this guy? The more and more I read and hear about him the more I like him. And we've had 3 or 4 guys come in here and say he's a steal (guys who watched him a lot last season).

I really didn't know who he was when we picked him, but I really like him now.

bearfan
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
During Draft
"Who the hell is ____
-Dan Bazuin
-Okwo
-Payne"

Those 3 players are the ones I am excited for, the more I read on Okwo and Payne the more I like them, and same goes to Dan Bazuin

sweetness34
05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
During Draft
"Who the hell is ____
-Dan Bazuin
-Okwo
-Payne"

Those 3 players are the ones I am excited for, the more I read on Okwo and Payne the more I like them, and same goes to Dan Bazuin

Haha yep, I didn't get too much time to look up and evaluate prospects, so I only knew about some of the major guys and some guys we were looking at.

I actually remember reading about Bazuin and Okwo about a month or so ago, but their names didn't register right away.

bearfan
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Guys I was hoping at the time:

2nd round:
D. Jarrett/Sidney Rice (before trade)
Quincy Black (after trade)

3rd round:
Rufus Alexander
Quinn (w.e 1st name) Pittock (DT)
Antonio Pittman

7th:
DALLAS BAKER DAMNIT

But I am happy with the unknown guys that JA got, he has a knack for picking them good

Smokey Joe
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I'd rather have Wendling over Payne, but the rest of the picks I like. I really am starting to like the Okwo and Graham picks. Wolfe I am warming up to as well. And I liked Olsen and the Buzz right from the beginning. Both 7th round picks, I could care less about because they are PS guys right now at best. But McBride looks like a good developmental guy and a good fit for the cover 2.

Geo
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call Bazuin a steal, as a 2nd round pick, but he's a very good pick as a high-motor and relentless end who can flourish in this defense. Think Dusty Dvoracek except as an end and without any character concerns whatsoever.

Hurricane Ditka
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Bazuin's going to play some tackle on some passing downs.