PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones motivated!

dc4life
05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
http://www.eventsquarterly.com/blog/?p=2261
(taken from cowboyszone)

Julius and Akin Ayodele will be on a BET special Friday night at 10:00 PM Eastern. Here is an excerpt of what JuJo says about The Tuna.

Jones on his relationship with former coach Bill Parcells:

” … Coach Parcells my first year, he (Parcells) kind of let me do what I wanted to do, second year and last year he kind of coached me too much, … . You know, you can’t really mess with a running back out there. You can tell them where to go and where the hole is gonna be … … He had me running like a robot. No disrespect to coach Parcells but, you can’t really tell a running back where to run or he’s gonna be out there looking like a robot. That’s what I was doing last year.”
__________________________________________________ ____________

I have to give Jones the benefit of a doubt. He looked different last year compared to his rookie year and the season after that. Running into piles and not evading. Its contract time and I bet Jones has a better season.

Paul
05-02-2007, 09:26 AM
First TO, then Spears and now JJ. Looks like Parcells was not as beloved by his players as I thought.

jdnoyes
05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Its so easy to blame somebody else for your problems. I didn't see MBIII running like a robot last year. Curtis Martin didn't run like a robot either hmmm... My suggestion to JJ is shut up and show what he can do on the field.

DMWSackMachine
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
There is actually something to this. Marion Barber is the perfect example of what Parcells wants in a running back, as far as just hitting the specified hole, running hard, and getting what's there. Julius is a very different type of back. When he's at his best, he is playing much more like Barry than Emmitt, so to speak. He's flying by the seat of his pants, and he's going wherever his instincts tell him to go. We've seen him do that to the tune of 200 yards in a game before, so you know that he can be spectacular at it.

Just because Parcells has had success in the past with runners, doesn't mean that his approach is the best one for any given guy. It's true that he pounded into Julius' brain the importance of him hitting the right hole, and going to the right place. As such, Julius was still an effective and "solid" RB, just not a dynamic one.

If Julius can get back to being more creative, along with having more opportunities to get into a rhythm, I still believe that he has the talent and ability to be a multiple Pro Bowl performer.

However, at this point, talk is cheap. He's been thumping his chest for the last two off seasons, and until I see something out of him to suggest otherwise, I'm not going to fall into the trap of expecting greatness from a guy who just hasn't demonstrated it up to this point. But, you have to admit, it would be huge if he emerged as a big-timer.

dc4life
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Its so easy to blame somebody else for your problems. I didn't see MBIII running like a robot last year. Curtis Martin didn't run like a robot either hmmm... My suggestion to JJ is shut up and show what he can do on the field.

Jones said this in the nicest way possible. I have much respect for the guy. He'd run it all the way down the field to the opponent's one yard line, only to have Marion Barber come in and steal his TDs. And he would NEVER complain.

Jones never complained at all. He just did what he was told and never questioned it. I knew there was something fishy about his running style last season. Watch for Julius to have a break out season. I'm not giving up on him yet.

jdnoyes
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Jones said this in the nicest way possible. I have much respect for the guy. He'd run it all the way down the field to the opponent's one yard line, only to have Marion Barber come in and steal his TDs. And he would NEVER complain.

Jones never complained at all. He just did what he was told and never questioned it. I knew there was something fishy about his running style last season. Watch for Julius to have a break out season. I'm not giving up on him yet.

Fair enough, but I don't want to hear any excuses from anybody on this board next offseason if he doesn't perform at a higher level. I like JJ, I hope he does well, but i'm not buying his excuses or this its Parcells fault stuff. Did BP tell him to fall down every time somebody barely touched him? Did BP say JJ run into the backs of your offensive line? Amazing how quickly people have turned on a HoF coach and the tried and true methods that made him a winner at every stop now that he's no longer here. Only time will tell.

FinChase
05-02-2007, 01:14 PM
I would say the same thing to JJ as I would say to Spears right now if I were to meet him: You got your wish. Now put up or shut up!

D-Unit
05-02-2007, 02:20 PM
As they say in Texas... "We'll be fixin' ta find out". They do say that right? LOL.

I don't care what JJ's excuses were last season, he's on the hot stove so he better step up or step out.

I still have hope in him... but he does have a ceiling. He'll never be an amazing back. A solid back, sure, but not all world.

Achilles33
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Parcells scared players into not taking risks, because they were scared he would bench them. That is why I think we did'nt have that many INT's last year, because they didn't want to take chances. Either way, Julius is gone this year. McFadden baby. :)

Im_a_Romosexual
05-02-2007, 02:32 PM
even if he goes for 1500 yards and 10 TD's? its time for him to produce and if he doesnt he wont be back

Burns336
05-02-2007, 02:41 PM
even if he goes for 1500 yards and 10 TD's? its time for him to produce and if he doesnt he wont be back

if he were to produce like that and Romo didnt pan out or our recievers started to show their age or our secondary sucks again, i dont think we still kick him out and draft another RB in the face of other needs. We just need to see how everyone performs this year.

dc4life
05-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Fair enough, but I don't want to hear any excuses from anybody on this board next offseason if he doesn't perform at a higher level. I like JJ, I hope he does well, but i'm not buying his excuses or this its Parcells fault stuff. Did BP tell him to fall down every time somebody barely touched him? Did BP say JJ run into the backs of your offensive line? Amazing how quickly people have turned on a HoF coach and the tried and true methods that made him a winner at every stop now that he's no longer here. Only time will tell.

I'm not blaming all of this on Parcells by all means. He was a GREAT coach in the past, just like Joe Gibbs. But times have changed now. I think Parcells made the Dallas offense way too conservative. For instance, The first game against Philly, we came back and we were up 21-17, then we played the "conservative game" only to let philly back into the game and take the lead. We were forced to come back to win the game on a game winning drive which resulted a Bledsoe pick 6 to Lito Sheppard and the game.

Another instance was against Seattle in the playoffs. We should of abused their depeleted secondary. But we didn't. We played way too conservative again. Our offense should of atleast put up 35 points on them.

We had the 5th best overall offense last season guys. On top of that, we had averaged 26.6 pts/game which ranks 4th in the NFL. Theres no way we should of let teams catch up to us in close games, only to lose by a touchdown or less. We crushed the the bad teams and played too many mind games with the good teams, which resulted in us losing the game.

Parcells got the most out of his older players which he brought to the team, but times have changed now and he should of let the newer guys play to their strengths.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
if he were to produce like that and Romo didnt pan out or our recievers started to show their age or our secondary sucks again, i dont think we still kick him out and draft another RB in the face of other needs. We just need to see how everyone performs this year.

exactly. Its way too early to determine what we are going to do with our pick in 08, there are just too many things that could happen

05-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Julius will be a 1200 Yard Back next year as long as he gets most of the carries. We have developed him and it's his breakout year next year. He wants to prove everybody wrong 1200 Yards. Book it.

D-Unit
05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Parcells scared players into not taking risks, because they were scared he would bench them. That is why I think we did'nt have that many INT's last year, because they didn't want to take chances. Either way, Julius is gone this year. McFadden baby. :)
Stop making your assumptions sound like fact. Your reasoning is so bogus.

...and enough with the McFadden talk. Don't blame others if they think of you as a joke. You bring it up upon yourself.... ....no matter how many new names you try to come up with Balaskonis.

D-Unit
05-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Quoted for truth. It's time for him to put. It's not about proving his doubters wrong. It's about living up to expectations and doing his damn job.

leroyisgod
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
When does the season start?

jdnoyes
05-02-2007, 03:52 PM
When does the season start?

Haha not soon enough i'm afraid.

robert_in_bigd
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Julius blames the coach. Nice. What a f **ing pu**y b**tch. Exactly why he is a mediocre player so far.

robert_in_bigd
05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I guess all this McFadden talk put his ballz in a bunch.

Paul
05-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Anybody remember people were comparing him to Barry Sanders and Emmitt when he went on that tear during his rookie season. I have to say I bought into it back then. Man was i wrong. He's still a solid back though.

Achilles33
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
D-Unit, it is true. I remember so many players on Talkin' Cowboys and and the Ranch Report saying that they didn't want to gamble because Parcells woukd chew them out. All of the reports in Dallas mentioned it as well. And D-Unit I wish I could be Balaskonis, but I couldn't.

thule
05-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I love your post in another thread...three years ago in when I was in college....that made me laugh...back when you were trying to hide your identity.

robert_in_bigd
05-02-2007, 05:10 PM
D-Unit, it is true. I remember so many players on Talkin' Cowboys and and the Ranch Report saying that they didn't want to gamble because Parcells woukd chew them out. All of the reports in Dallas mentioned it as well. And D-Unit I wish I could be Balaskonis, but I couldn't.

Yup, given all the Super Bowl expertise on team I am not surprised they would want to gamble in order to get their job done. Must explain Roy Williams always getting toasted -- he was gambling on making a big hit on a running play on 3rd and 22 with the TE and RB split out wide.

LOL, the excuses are never ending. So emblematic of this younger generation and our politicians.

jdnoyes
05-02-2007, 05:14 PM

If you weren't Balaskonis you wouldn't even know who the guy was, because he was long banned before you ever showed up here, and since the message board changed you wouldn't know him.....Right?

05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Julius Jones vs. Stephen Jackson after three years

SJ:
Att Yards Avg. TDs
734 3247 4.4 25

JJ:
Att Yards Avg. TDs
721 2896 4.0 16

Julius better step it up this next year. I think he will though, I hope he does have that breakout year and has 1200 Yards.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
I dont know if you can truly compare the two. JJ has been hurt and also shares touches with MBIII and Jackson is the horse of that team. IMO Jackson is the better RB anyway though