PDA

View Full Version : Truth & Rumors (SI)

Splat
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Teams that want Keyshawn (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/1608)

'Fins regret Culpepper move (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/1688)

Chiefs RB might hold out (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/1689)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/

Splat
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I can't really blame LJ if he holds out when a back up RB in SD is going to be making more then him this year.

umphrey
05-02-2007, 01:14 PM
True, maybe they can trade him before a holdout happens though.

Jughead10
05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I can't really blame LJ if he holds out when a back up RB in SD is going to be making more then him this year.

That and he wants to get his big bucks before Herm runs him into the grave.

Splat
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
All so true I think he should be paid like a top five RB since he is one but there has been talk of him wanting LT money which I would not give him he is not an all around RB.

LionSmack
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
He might not deserve LT money but he should be getting more than rookie-contract money. $967,000 next year? If I were Larry I'd be making some noise about that too. He's a franchise back now, pay the man.

Splat
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
He might not deserve LT money but he should be getting more than rookie-contract money.

I agree 100% I don't see any way he steps on the field for 1.85 million this year and FYI the link said he has 3 years left on his deal but they didn't say that he can opt out after this year which he can.

portermvp84
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm guessing the Chargers will sign Johnson they still need some depth at WR.

Damix
05-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I hate the new format for T&R

bigbluedefense
05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I wouldnt resign LJ. Theres too many good backs comin out next year to break the bank on a kid who might never recover from his load of carries he got this year.

ricky bobby
05-02-2007, 03:09 PM
The Dolphins regret the Culpepper move? What a shocking revelation. They'll be regretting the Ted Ginn Jr. over Brady Quinn move in a year or two.

#1chiefs_fan
05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
The chiefs need to give him his money. He is almost all the offense and he cant make barely a 1 million dollars.

bigbluedefense
05-02-2007, 05:48 PM
The chiefs need to give him his money. He is almost all the offense and he cant make barely a 1 million dollars.

Not yet. Wait to see if he can holdup after the beating he took this past year. If he can't, theyre better off letting him walk.

Shiver
05-02-2007, 05:52 PM
I wonder what would have happened if Drew Brees went to Miami.

SuperMcGee
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM

I'd be a much sadder man

Paranoidmoonduck
05-02-2007, 06:08 PM

We'd be talking about what a great fit local boy JaMarcus Russell is for the New Orleans Saints.

WMD
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM

The Saints would have Reggie Bush and Calvin Johnson..

Flyboy
05-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Shut the hell up with all that talk, Shiver. :)

Anyhow, I was kinda hoping that the Saints would make a run at Johnson. Darn.

BlindSite
05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope culpepper comes back and lights up the NFL just to stick to everyone who said he was done.

Don Vito
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I hope culpepper comes back and lights up the NFL just to stick to everyone who said he was done.

Ha I know that must be awful to be in his situation. For the past year and a half he hasn't heard a positive thing said about him. Even though he plays in the same decision as the Pats I would love to see him shut everybody up.

JK17
05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm guessing the Chargers will sign Johnson they still need some depth at WR.

I don't know about that, they have their "Big, possesion" guys already not to mention they actually have a lot of WRs. Vincent Jackson, Eric Parker, Malcom Floyd, Osgood, Camarillo (all of whom were on the active roster last year), and we drafted Craig Davis as well as a WR who probably won't make the roster.....so I don't know how many more guys they are willing to bring in.

CC.SD
05-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't know about that, they have their "Big, possesion" guys already not to mention they actually have a lot of WRs. Vincent Jackson, Eric Parker, Malcom Floyd, Osgood, Camarillo (all of whom were on the active roster last year), and we drafted Craig Davis as well as a WR who probably won't make the roster.....so I don't know how many more guys they are willing to bring in.

None of those guys have any experience though, except Parker, who really screwed up big time in the playoffs. If the Chargers are serious about making a run at a championship, I think they have to at least consider bringing in a productive vet like Keyshawn.

TheChampIsHere
05-02-2007, 11:05 PM
The Chargers are looking pretty good at wideout with Vincent Jackson, who could be in for a breakout year, Craig Davis, who could take over the no. 2 job, Eric Parker, who makes a good slot WR and then Floyd and Osgood, both good backup possesion receivers. Keyshawn wouldnt make sense and honestly a team that has LT, Gates and Turner doesnt need to have great depth at wideout. Plus they just drafted that TE Chandler, which says they will be running more 2 TE sets with Gates, Manumaleuna and Chandler all in the mix.

fenikz
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
anyone who has played football can sympathize with LJ, i mean 400 carries in 1 season is a ton & being one of the lowest paid RBs in the league is ridiculous, if he blew his knee out within the next 2 years his career is basically over

CC.SD
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
The Chargers are looking pretty good at wideout with Vincent Jackson, who could be in for a breakout year, Craig Davis, who could take over the no. 2 job, Eric Parker, who makes a good slot WR and then Floyd and Osgood, both good backup possesion receivers. Keyshawn wouldnt make sense and honestly a team that has LT, Gates and Turner doesnt need to have great depth at wideout. Plus they just drafted that TE Chandler, which says they will be running more 2 TE sets with Gates, Manumaleuna and Chandler all in the mix.

Definitely good points, but still: how comfortable is a contending team with having Eric Parker as its most experienced receiver, especially coming off a year when all the wideouts choked in the playoffs? I would rather have Keyshawn on the roster than not.

Non_Sequitur
05-03-2007, 02:57 AM
He might not deserve LT money but he should be getting more than rookie-contract money. $967,000 next year? If I were Larry I'd be making some noise about that too. He's a franchise back now, pay the man.

Look at it from KC's point of view. History tells us LJ will more than likely break down and be no good in a year or two, r at the very least will miss the majority of 1 season. Is that the kind of guy you want to give a record breaking contract to?

ks_perfection
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Look at it from KC's point of view. History tells us LJ will more than likely break down and be no good in a year or two, r at the very least will miss the majority of 1 season. Is that the kind of guy you want to give a record breaking contract to?

Im sure LJ is looking at the same history and wants a deal to before he breaks down.

JK17
05-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Definitely good points, but still: how comfortable is a contending team with having Eric Parker as its most experienced receiver, especially coming off a year when all the wideouts choked in the playoffs? I would rather have Keyshawn on the roster than not.

Well Yeah,but as far as experience goes Parker is a vet, And the others are all going into their third, fourth, and fifth years as receivers, aside from Davis, and since going through the playoff experience this year, they are more prepared the next time around. Also, Keyshawn wouldn't really have a role on the field, and I don't think we would need him in SD.

He's a big possesion guy. We have Floyd, Vjax to a degree, Gates to be big possession guys, and parker as a smaller possession receiver as well. Not to mention Keyshawn is getting up in age, and who knows how he would even play this year...

Splat
05-03-2007, 12:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

Keyshawn Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3499/) wants to play for a contender at this point in his career, and his agent expressed Johnson's interest in playing for the San (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sdg/)Diego Chargers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sdg/) in a phone call to the team yesterday, sources said.

Sources also said the Chargers told agent Jerome Stanley they are not interested in Johnson.

Flyboy
05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Just become a Saint and get it over with KJ.

LonghornsLegend
05-06-2007, 05:36 PM

matt leinart would of been the first qb selected that year, for the saints...i dont think pass up leinart, even for bush, because before brees they had NO qb what so ever, not even a vet for a year