PDA

View Full Version : Yamon Figurs

EdReedUnstoppable
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxo7jB0I2Y

EdReedUnstoppable
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
He burns Aaron Ross twice in that video!

Ravens1991
05-02-2007, 02:41 PM
yea I am excited gives us a explosive threat.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I love Yamon Figurs, Figurs>Ted Ginn Jr.

benroethlisberger
05-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Nice vid but really did you have to double post? You couldnt of included #2 post with #1 ?

EdReedUnstoppable
05-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Nice vid but really did you have to double post? You couldnt of included #2 post with #1 ?

I forgot to put it in the first, sorry Im not as perfect as you bud.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2007, 02:50 PM
We can't all be Ben Roethlisberger.

benroethlisberger
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I forgot to put it in the first, sorry Im not as perfect as you bud.

Thats why they made the edit feature on forums when you want to add or delete stuff.

ccB
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Hey when did you become a mod chief? Theres 2 mods posting in this thread if there was a problem with what ERU did one of us will correct him. So you stick to posting and leave the moderating to the moderators.

niel89
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Thats why they made the edit feature on forums when you want to add or delete stuff.
hi there
you seem rude
http://uploads.filecabin.com/pictures/ben_roethlisberger_drunk.jpg

ccB
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh Yeah, YAMON FIGURS IS A BEAST! double post for the win

niel89
05-02-2007, 03:37 PM
here is another good one just to show his speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzjvTf4czU

im a little surprised how well he caught the ball in those highlights

benroethlisberger
05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
hi there
you seem rude

Not rude it just iratates me when ppl double post when theres a edit feature. Was the Ben Roethlisberger getting drunks pics suppose to make me mad or something ? Because they didnt he's over 21 , media makes nfl or celebs drinking out to be a bad thing when millions do every single day...poor attempt.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
here is another good one just to show his speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzjvTf4czU

im a little surprised how well he caught the ball in those highlights

He looks like he is going at an entirely different speed.

niel89
05-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Not rude it just irrates me when ppl double post when theres a edit feature. Was the Ben Roethlisberger getting drunks pics suppose to make me mad or something ? Because they didnt he's over 21 , media makes nfl or celebs drinking out to be a bad thing when millions do every single day...poor attempt.

no i just thought the pics were funny.:D

niel89
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
also this is a new post.

dcarey20
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I was mad pissed about the Figurs pick early, but after looking at this guy, I'm stoked about him. He is so explosive. He looks so much like Ted Ginn Jr. on tape.

PalmerToCJ
05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
I was hoping the Bengals would take him, I was surprised to see him go that early but to be honest I haven't seen him play much so I don't know how talented he is. In the highlights though he looks like a beast.

go_ravens94
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM

I like that analysis.

jkpigskin
05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
wow, hes got unbelievable speed
as a reciever he looks solid, but we all know that the transition from college to nfl is hard for recievers so its hard to tell if he can make it as a pass catcher

but got to love his speeed

ChefMike
05-02-2007, 10:29 PM
wow, hes got unbelievable speed
as a reciever he looks solid, but we all know that the transition from college to nfl is hard for recievers so its hard to tell if he can make it as a pass catcher

but got to love his speeed

It looks as if the footage is in fast forward !! Can't wait to see him returning kicks for us this fall or lining up on edge and flying up the sideline on a go route !

BigDawg819
05-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Not rude it just iratates me when ppl double post when theres a edit feature. Was the Ben Roethlisberger getting drunks pics suppose to make me mad or something ? Because they didnt he's over 21 , media makes nfl or celebs drinking out to be a bad thing when millions do every single day...poor attempt.

Well now your rep is associated with your attitude....... :D No one messes with my bud ERU!

go_ravens94
05-03-2007, 08:31 AM
It looks as if the footage is in fast forward !! Can't wait to see him returning kicks for us this fall or lining up on edge and flying up the sideline on a go route !

Let's hope we get a good QB to get it so deep!

ccB
05-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Let's hope we get a good QB to get it so deep!

Ya know Troy Smith has the expirence throwing it to a reciever who can out run everyone on the field, Just saying.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Ya know Troy Smith has the expirence throwing it to a reciever who can out run everyone on the field, Just saying.

Well Troy and Kyle are the only QBs on the roster who can throw the ball deep so lets hope it all works out.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Kyle can throw the deep ball, he just can't complete it.

ChewyRaven318
05-03-2007, 01:53 PM

bah-zing??

ChefMike
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM

So could Elvis Grbac....we see where that got him... HUGE Contract and a lifetime of psychiatry appointments for his head problems !!

BigDawg819
05-03-2007, 04:52 PM
So could Elvis Grbac....we see where that got him... HUGE Contract and a lifetime of psychiatry appointments for his head problems !!

Elvis was more a WCO guy and we didn't run a system that complimented his style of play, I'm sure he's fine with all his money. ;)

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2007, 05:08 PM

Hard when your receivers are droppin balls all the time.

ccB
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Hard when your receivers are droppin balls all the time.

Kind of hard to drop a ball that lands 3 yards awat from you....

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Kind of hard to drop a ball that lands 3 yards awat from you....

Well he cant throw it short and let it get picked, maybe those receivers should try harder and not lolly gag early in their routes.

go_ravens94
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Well he cant throw it short and let it get picked, maybe those receivers should try harder and not lolly gag early in their routes.

Yeah, you got me there.

Ravens1991
05-03-2007, 07:28 PM

how do you know that they messed up the route early? If they were messed up I am sure the coaching staff would do something about it.

ChefMike
05-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Elvis was more a WCO guy and we didn't run a system that complimented his style of play, I'm sure he's fine with all his money. ;)

Are you serious... your telling me that Elvis Grbac was a good QB in the right system !?!??! Your crazy.... I don't care what system you have you still have to have talent !! and that QB was so overrated it was out of control ! That was by far the worst Free Agent signing we ever had... period ! It makes the Glenn Davis deal for the O's look like a genius move !

Caddy
05-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I like that analysis.

Too bad it's not true

BigDawg819
05-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Are you serious... your telling me that Elvis Grbac was a good QB in the right system !?!??! Your crazy.... I don't care what system you have you still have to have talent !! and that QB was so overrated it was out of control ! That was by far the worst Free Agent signing we ever had... period ! It makes the Glenn Davis deal for the O's look like a genius move !

You did see what he did in Kansas City right? You know 4000 yards and 28 TDs, you know the reason we signed him. As for you Davis analogy you are erroneous, the Grbac deal only cost us money whereas the Davis deal cost the O's Curt Schilling, Steve Finley, and Pete Harnisch. The analogy you should have used was the O's signing of Albert Belle. Maybe do a little research next time.

go_ravens94
05-04-2007, 08:23 AM
You're right... I think BigDawg is right. I see the light! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
05-04-2007, 09:21 AM
how do you know that they messed up the route early? If they were messed up I am sure the coaching staff would do something about it.

What do you call going out and drafting Mark Clayton, signing Derrick Mason, then drafting Demetrius Williams, then drafting Yamon Figurs?

Look at the guys Kyle had early in his career Frank Sanders, Marcus Robinson, Randy Hymes, Travis Taylor, Devard Darling, Clarence Moore, notice how they are all gone or being phased out. And the one year he had Clayton and Mason he never got on the same page with them til the end of the year because of his injury and what do we do when he is showing signs of improving go out and bring in an old QB with no arm.

BigDawg819
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
What do you call going out and drafting Mark Clayton, signing Derrick Mason, then drafting Demetrius Williams, then drafting Yamon Figurs?

Look at the guys Kyle had early in his career Frank Sanders, Marcus Robinson, Randy Hymes, Travis Taylor, Devard Darling, Clarence Moore, notice how they are all gone or being phased out. And the one year he had Clayton and Mason he never got on the same page with them til the end of the year because of his injury and what do we do when he is showing signs of improving go out and bring in an old QB with no arm.

Like I've said before in numerous threads everyone has no problem blaming Kyle. ERU my friend you are using facts and logic and speaking the truth, they don't want to hear that, they want conjecture and rhetoric that makes McNair a saint and Kyle the devil. Its good to have the truth on our side. :D Boller for starter in 07!

ccB
05-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah because Kyle Boller needs a recieve like Clayton to catch those awful passes like he did last year when Kyle got in a game. What was it 3 or 4 awful passes that were tipped up in the air that Clayton had to save for Kyle. That was easily 3 interceptions Clayton saved Kyle from throwing. What has Kyle Boller ever done that has you guys riding his bandwagon so hard. I mean asside from the end of the year 2 years ago when he played good against a few awful teams he has been nothing short of awful. The guy cant even drop back in the pocket without tripping over his own feet. I am all for Kyle getting a chance again some day, just not next year. McNair is a better QB at doing what we need him to do, managing the game.

ccB
05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Like I've said before in numerous threads everyone has no problem blaming Kyle. ERU my friend you are using facts and logic and speaking the truth, they don't want to hear that, they want conjecture and rhetoric that makes McNair a saint and Kyle the devil. Its good to have the truth on our side. :D Boller for starter in 07!

Since you want facts lets take a look at the facts...

Steve McNairs stats from last year...

He completed 63% of his passes for 3050 yards. He threw 18 td's and 11 int's for a 82.5 QB rating.

Now lets look at Kyle Boller's stats.

His one full year as a starter he completed 55.6 % of his passes (lower than McNairs) for 2258 yards (lower than McNairs) for 13 tds and 11 Ints. for a 70.9 rating.

THe next year his QB rating was a whopping 1% higher than the year before, before he got injured and I wont even get into his rookie year.

The only year Kyle had a good year was last year and that was only because Mark Clayton saved his ass in that one game he came, otherwise he would have had yet another bad QB rating.

Kyle Boller has never had a year as good as the one posted last year. Yet McNair was SOOOO awful last year. If McNair is awful to you guys I dont see how there is anyway in hell you should Kyle Boller has been better. THe only valid argument on why Kyle Boller is good is because he has "Potential"

But hey, those are just facts...

BigDawg819
05-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Since you want facts lets take a look at the facts...

Steve McNairs stats from last year...

He completed 63% of his passes for 3050 yards. He threw 18 td's and 11 int's for a 82.5 completion rating.

Now lets look at Kyle Boller's stats.

His one full year as a starter he completed 55.6 % of his passes (lower than McNairs) for 2258 yards (lower than McNairs) for 13 tds and 11 Ints. for a 70.9 rating.

THe next year his QB rating was a whopping 1% higher than the year before, before he got injured and I wont even get into his rookie year.

The only year Kyle had a good year was last year and that was only because Mark Clayton saved his ass in that one game he came, otherwise he would have had yet another bad QB rating.

Kyle Boller has never had a year as good as the one posted last year. Yet McNair was SOOOO awful last year. If McNair is awful to you guys I dont see how there is anyway in hell you should Kyle Boller has been better. THe only valid argument on why Kyle Boller is good is because he has "Potential"

But hey, those are just facts...

For me McNair is awful because he was brought in to do one thing and he failed. Everything else is irrelevant because he choked in the playoffs, something that he seems to be accustomed to.

ccB
05-04-2007, 12:48 PM
For me McNair is awful because he was brought in to do one thing and he failed. Everything else is irrelevant because he choked in the playoffs, something that he seems to be accustomed to.

Everyother QB in the league not named Peyton Manning than should be fired! Lets all forget the fact that he took us from a losing team to the 2nd best record in the league with a horrible running game! You guys need to get really and appreciate the fact that we were even in the playoffs to begin with.

Ravens1991
05-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Everyother QB in the league not named Peyton Manning than should be fired! Lets all forget the fact that he took us from a losing team to the 2nd best record in the league with a horrible running game! You guys need to get really and appreciate the fact that we were even in the playoffs to begin with.

Great post, now it seems like he will have a good running game. Plus McNair has better stats then Boller. This was McNairs first year in the system.

In that Carolina game, Bollers INT was near FG range, so we could hav gotten a FG and won it. Plus that INT was basically directly to the CAR player.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah because Kyle Boller needs a recieve like Clayton to catch those awful passes like he did last year when Kyle got in a game. What was it 3 or 4 awful passes that were tipped up in the air that Clayton had to save for Kyle. That was easily 3 interceptions Clayton saved Kyle from throwing. What has Kyle Boller ever done that has you guys riding his bandwagon so hard. I mean asside from the end of the year 2 years ago when he played good against a few awful teams he has been nothing short of awful. The guy cant even drop back in the pocket without tripping over his own feet. I am all for Kyle getting a chance again some day, just not next year. McNair is a better QB at doing what we need him to do, managing the game.

It was 2, and 1 of the 2 is Mason's fault it got tipped, Kyle threw it right to him.

Ravens1991
05-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I think from what I have seen from Boller, that in best case scenario be Jake Plummer like, as in look like a good QB but make a mistake that can shift momentum.

BigDawg819
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I think from what I have seen from Boller, that in best case scenario be Jake Plummer like, as in look like a good QB but make a mistake that can shift momentum.

That is such a vague statement and can be an attribute of all QB's. McNair was also brought in to mentor Kyle so he did that now lets see what the pupil has learned. Kyle for starter in 07!

Troj2man
05-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Kyle for backup in 07 and off the roster in 08!

I still cannot understand how someone can look at how each QB has played, and try to justify how Kyle Boller is the better QB for this team.

Ravens1991
05-04-2007, 04:13 PM
That is such a vague statement and can be an attribute of all QB's. McNair was also brought in to mentor Kyle so he did that now lets see what the pupil has learned. Kyle for starter in 07!

True but if it worked why fix it? McNair played decent IMO and we had a great record.

ccB
05-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Back to Yamon Figurs, I think this guy is the perfect compliment to Clayton and Williams. Clayton is the goto guy, Williams is a great combo of size and speed, and Yamon is FAST! I just hope that Yamon and Fast doesnt turn into the same thing as Clarrence Moore with Tall.

Ravens1991
05-05-2007, 11:20 AM
I think w/ Figures atleast he can be a KR if WR doesnt work out.

go_ravens94
05-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but I pray that Sams gets back on the field.

Achilles33
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM

I agree. Nice pick by the Ravens. If he were to go in the 6th round like projected, it would have been a huge steal.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I agree. Nice pick by the Ravens. If he were to go in the 6th round like projected, it would have been a huge steal.

I don't think anyone had him projected 6th round, more like early 4th-late 5th, but I'd much rather have him than the guy who went before him Jacoby Jones from Lane College.

go_ravens94
05-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't think anyone had him projected 6th round, more like early 4th-late 5th, but I'd much rather have him than the guy who went before him Jacoby Jones from Lane College.

And the guy who went after him: Laurent Robinson.

America
05-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I never liked the value of Figurs, he just wasn't a day 1 pick to me. He is much much like Ted Ginn but he just didn't get as many opportunities. To be fair, I thought Ted Ginn was an awful pick at number 9 and wouldn't have touched him to till late round 1 if you have enough talent to use your first rounder on a very one dimensional WR, meaning he's not your #1 or maybe even not your #2. I was so pissed off when Figurs dominated Texas, I just don't understand why if he could produce against them, why he didn't rack up monster stats this year. O well, hopefully that's what he'll do in the pros.

And on another note. I think the FO is sending the messege to Mason, we don't care if you are unhappy, you better step up or someone will take your spot. Hopefully Clayton will continue to emerge as a legit #1.

BigDawg819
05-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Your tag about the 1000 post is kinda lame but cracked me up.

America
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Yeah but Jason Hill went after all of those guys and he was easily the best and most pro ready IMO.

BigDawg819
05-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah but Jason Hill went after all of those guys and he was easily the best and most pro ready IMO.

True but he's more of a third WR and not so much a KR so I figure thats why we pulled the trigger on Figurs. Its the copycat syndrome in the form of Devin Hester.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2007, 06:51 PM
True but he's more of a third WR and not so much a KR so I figure thats why we pulled the trigger on Figurs. Its the copycat syndrome in the form of Devin Hester.

Very very true. And Jason Hill will be the better receiver but we weren't looking for a reciever like Hill who would serve as a potential 3rd-4th receiver. The organization could care less if Figurs is the 5th receiver. He was drafted as a special teams playmaker and backend depth at wideout. Now if he ever develops into a good wideout it's just a cherry on top. Only other way we would have picked a receiver is if he was a legit #1 possibility i.e. Dwanye Bowe, Robert Meachem, Sidney Rice. We don't need a slot receiver like Jason Hill, Mason and Clayton are our established starters with Demetrius Williams challenging him. Figurs has much more value as a returner and 5th receiver than Jason Hill as a 4th receiver.

go_ravens94
05-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Very very true. And Jason Hill will be the better receiver but we weren't looking for a reciever like Hill who would serve as a potential 3rd-4th receiver. The organization could care less if Figurs is the 5th receiver. He was drafted as a special teams playmaker and backend depth at wideout. Now if he ever develops into a good wideout it's just a cherry on top. Only other way we would have picked a receiver is if he was a legit #1 possibility i.e. Dwanye Bowe, Robert Meachem, Sidney Rice. We don't need a slot receiver like Jason Hill, Mason and Clayton are our established starters with Demetrius Williams challenging him. Figurs has much more value as a returner and 5th receiver than Jason Hill as a 4th receiver.

Great analysis, Serm.

BigDawg819
05-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Great analysis, Serm.

Indeed it was but its also just a longer version of mine. But hey I have no probs with being on the same page as Ghetto.

go_ravens94
05-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Great analysis, BigDawg.

ChefMike
05-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I never liked the value of Figurs, he just wasn't a day 1 pick to me. He is much much like Ted Ginn but he just didn't get as many opportunities. To be fair, I thought Ted Ginn was an awful pick at number 9 and wouldn't have touched him to till late round 1 if you have enough talent to use your first rounder on a very one dimensional WR, meaning he's not your #1 or maybe even not your #2. I was so pissed off when Figurs dominated Texas, I just don't understand why if he could produce against them, why he didn't rack up monster stats this year. O well, hopefully that's what he'll do in the pros.

And on another note. I think the FO is sending the messege to Mason, we don't care if you are unhappy, you better step up or someone will take your spot. Hopefully Clayton will continue to emerge as a legit #1.

NO he never racked up monster stats like a CJ or Dwayne Jarrett but the things he did in the Return Game is why we want him. Ted Ginn for that matter didnt rack up huge stats either... didnt have 1000yds rec or 10 rec TD's and he went 9th overall. I see Figurs having a great year like Devin Hester did for Chicago, he is not coming in with high expectations of being a 1st rd pick or having the spotlight on him. Here with the Ravens he will have a chance to just come in and play football and return kicks and punts for us being that we have plenty of star players that can play in the spotlight.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Indeed it was but its also just a longer version of mine. But hey I have no probs with being on the same page as Ghetto.

I was just further explaining your idea.

BigDawg819
05-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Great analysis, BigDawg.

That's right! :D

BigDawg819
05-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I was just further explaining your idea.

Oh I know Ghetto no harm done, just trying to educate the masses. :D

EdReedUnstoppable
05-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Oh I know Ghetto no harm done, just trying to educate the masses. :D

I prefer to intoxicate the masses!!

Ravens1991
05-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I prefer to intoxicate the masses!!

Since when are 14 year olds called masses ERU ;)

EdReedUnstoppable
05-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Since when are 14 year olds called masses ERU ;)

If they're old enough for Marcus Vick they're old enough for me :)

Phrost
05-06-2007, 02:08 PM

I love him too but come on.

niel89
05-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Back to Yamon Figurs, I think this guy is the perfect compliment to Clayton and Williams. Clayton is the goto guy, Williams is a great combo of size and speed, and Yamon is FAST! I just hope that Yamon and Fast doesnt turn into the same thing as Clarrence Moore with Tall.

yeah id hate for him to become too good.

go_ravens94
05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah, that might be a problem, lol.

supermario86
05-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Yamon Figurs is underated

supermario86
05-08-2007, 06:17 PM
yeah id hate for him to become too good.

lol
10 char