PDA

View Full Version : Dan Snyder to serve on the HOF Committee

skinzzfan25
05-02-2007, 06:13 PM
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0507/419608.html

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25944

Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder has a new league assignment. Snyder has been appointed to serve on the committee that oversees operations of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Snyder says he's looking forward to helping to find new ways to connect NFL fans with the history of the game. He'll serve on the committee with other owners including Bud Adams of the Tennessee Titans, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney who chairs the panel.

Besides operating the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, south of Cleveland, the NFL also produces touring exhibits highlighting Hall of Fame members and key events in the history of the game.

Snyder also serves on the NFL's broadcast, business ventures and digital media committees.

Monk's chances just went up a little. If Snyder helped the push for Monk to get in the HOF, I'd really change my view on him.

(I know this will just turn into a flame Snyder thread lol, but news is news)

bearsfan_51
05-02-2007, 06:18 PM
He will have zero influence on the way people vote, it's an oversite position that has nothing to do with voting.

The HOF is a year round business. They always have commitees to talk about various things, I should know, I worked there.

skinzzfan25
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Still, with Snyder in the building....

Let's just say he's very influential.

bigbluedefense
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
What does Snyder know about the history of the game?

I probably know more about the history of the game than he does....

jkpigskin
05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
LOL
snyder is a joke

nobody respects him except for those players that he awfully overpays for

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
He knows that Art Monk better get in that dang Hall soon.

skinzzfan25
05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Monk and Green for Class of 08?

BlindSite
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Why put someone who knows next to nothing about football on the HOF committee?

bearsfan_51
05-02-2007, 08:46 PM
It has nothing to do with the history of football and much more to do with marketing and things of that nature. It's not like anyone is asking him to write up a synopsis of the T-formation. Nor will anyone care, or ask, what he thinks about the selection process.

You also act like Snyder is the only one, there are always a handful of owners, who often aren't even there half the time. This is such a complete non-story I'm tempted to put story in quotes.

boisefan
05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
He knows that Art Monk better get in that dang Hall soon.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES! AMEN BROTHER!