PDA

View Full Version : WideOuts

Yung Flippa
05-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Of Course Calvin Johnson will probably have the best season for wideouts in this years class.

But which of the remaining 1st-Round Wideouts do you think will have the best season?

Miami's Ted Ginn Jr.

Indy's Anthony Gonzalez

San Diego's Craig Davis

Kansas City's Dwayne Bowe

New Orleans' Robert Meachem

Xonraider
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I think Bowe will have the best season.. followed closely by Calvin.

iowatreat54
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I think gonzalez will have 800+ yards and 8-10 TDs...He prolly won't have the best but he will have top 3 for rookie WRs

Giantsfan1080
05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Gonzalez should do very well considering all the talent he has surrounding him. I'd say he gets at least 45-50 catches and 5 TD's.

volman88
05-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Dwayne Bowe will be the best if Trent Green stays, cause he will walk in being their best reciever on the team.

Auron
05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I might sound like a homer but if Meachem picks up the playbook quickly over the off-season I think he could become a big time contributor in the Saints Offense.

Drew Brees distributes the ball very well, and I think he can excel in Sean Payton's system (similar to how Colston excelled last year). He won't put up monster numbers because there are a lot of footballs to go around, but he could possibly put up above average #'s especially for a rookie receiver.

I expect Bowe to also be a big time contributor in KC's offense. I don't know if Ginn will put up bigtime receiving stats but I think he'll be an explosive returner, and big play threat.

trademaster
05-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I think Ted Ginn will have the biggest impact, both as a WR and KR

Shiver
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I will take Anthony Gonzalez. He is, by far, in the best situation. He can line up in the slot, and exploit favorable match-ups.

Moses
05-02-2007, 11:10 PM
It think Dwayne Bowe will have the best rookie season. He's ready to contribute right away and I think he'll slide into the #2 or #3 WR spot easily.

bearsfan_51
05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll take Craig Davis to block.

05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Easily Gonzo. Anybody can thrive in that Colts system with Peyton Manning throwing the ball.

RaiderNation
05-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Robert Meacham

Xenos
05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I think they'll all do fine.
Craig Davis looks like he'll play a big role in SD's defense as a slot receiver and punt returner. The guy will provide that deep threat we need. Plus he has very reliable hands, and is willing to block for LT.

FilthyRich
05-03-2007, 12:38 AM
anthony gonzalez just because of the system he's entering.

SaintsMan
05-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Robert Meachem is a big play WR in a big play Offense. I think he'll have around 1000yds recieving and 10 TDs.

Dam8610
05-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Out of that group, I'll go with Meachem, Gonzalez, Bowe, Davis, Ginn, in that order. Robert Meachem walks into by far the best situation, becoming the #2 WR on what was already one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, with a top 5 NFL QB throwing him the ball. He should get about 1000 yards and 6-8 TDs. While Meachem's is the best situation, Anthony Gonzalez walks into a pretty good situation as well. He'll be the #3 WR on a team featuring two pro bowlers at the spot, and with Dallas Clark on the field as well, he might not even have a guy covering him half of the time, and he'll be catching the ball from the best QB the NFL has to offer. I could see him getting something in the range of 750 yards and 6-8 TDs. Coming in a close third to Gonzalez is Dwayne Bowe, simply because there is so much uncertainty surroundingthe Kansas City offense at the moment. He has a ton of talent, and were he in a better situation, he'd easily get at least the #2 spot on this list. I'm guessing something in the 750 yard and 6-8 TD range for Bowe as well. I think Craig Davis and Ted Ginn Jr. will disappoint their respective teams. I'll predict about 500 yards and 0-5 TDs from each.

Shiver
05-03-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't think Meachem being the #2 puts him over Gonzalez. Actually that's why I went with Gonzalez. He gets to play in a predominantly 3-WR offense, and he will face favorable match-ups almost every week.

Dam8610
05-03-2007, 01:38 AM
I don't think Meachem being the #2 puts him over Gonzalez. Actually that's why I went with Gonzalez. He gets to play in a predominantly 3-WR offense, and he will face favorable match-ups almost every week.

The Colts used a lot of 2 TE sets with Clark/Fletcher in the slot (and Utecht/Clark at TE), mainly because of injuries, but nonetheless, it was a very effective set, and one, along with some other 2 TE looks, that the Colts will likely use from time to time this year. Meachem will see more PT, and doesn't quite have the established lot of players around him as Gonzalez. I might be a bit biased on the issue though, as I thought Robert Meachem was the best WR not named Calvin Johnson in this draft class.

Caddy
05-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Robert Meachem is a big play WR in a big play Offense. I think he'll have around 1000yds recieving and 10 TDs.

Do I detect a hint of homerism?

soybean
05-03-2007, 03:06 AM

keyshawn's gonna be the number 2...

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 10:02 AM
ted ginn, because i am tired of almost everybody hating on him lately. H e is a dynamic, explosive home run threat that will be a star. And to the guy that said meachem will have 1000 yards and 10 TDs, you obviously are a bigger homer than GRF. Hes a rookie, and he isnt talented enough to have a randy moss type rookie season.

ricky bobby
05-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I'll go in this order

1. Robert Meachem
2. Anthony Gonzalez
3. Craig Davis
4. Dwayne Bowe
5. Ted Ginn Jr.

The quarterback that will be throwing to them was a major part of why I went in that order.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Calvin Johnson by far, as good as he is and as much as Detroit passes, with Williams. Geez. I'm kinda scared to play them now but that's really all we have to worry about.

Dam8610
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Calvin Johnson by far, as good as he is and as much as Detroit passes, with Williams. Geez. I'm kinda scared to play them now but that's really all we have to worry about.

Well, that would be a good answer, if the question didn't explicitly exclude Calvin Johnson from the discussion.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Hahahaha, I just skimmed through the thread, my bad.

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm going to say that Anthony Gonzalez will have the best season. With Manning throwing him the ball, he will excel and make plays. There's no way for any team to cover Clark, Harrison, Wayne, Addai, and Gonzalez. I think he is the best bet for a great year.

I love Dwayne Bowe as a Chief, but with Green's situation in flux and only Croyle and Huard behind him, I'm not terribly enamored.

I'm a pretty big fan of Meachum having a big year. He doesn't have to be the primary focus in New Orleans, which is good for him. He can just do his thing. I love Payton's offensive mindset, and Drew Brees is excellent.

megansett56BC
05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
i'm also going with meachem. colston's going to get a lot of attention, as is bush. i believed they also signed eric johnson, so that should get some attention from defenses in the middle. with brees at qb, he could have a monster year.

princefielder28
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Gonzalez will be the 3rd option for Manning and it'll be tough for a defense to cover him with Harrison and Wayne.

cordscords
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
If I cant choose CJ, Meachem.

Geo
05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I'll put in a vote for Craig Davis.

He's got one of the better offensive minds in the game in Norv Turner helming his development, and he's joining an experienced offense where LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates will draw all of the attention but Davis will have a great shot to contribute thanks to need/talent. His speed coupled with the play action pass, thanks to Tomlinson, could result in big plays by Davis. Heck, you can't even rule out Tomlinson throwing TD passes to Davis.

portermvp84
05-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm going to say, Ted Ginn was he's rehabbed from his injury, I think he's going to light up the field. He's very fast, good hands and you can use him for a variety of things. Acouple things are KR, PR, he could also make a good slot receiver. I think he will be used very well in Cam Cameron's offense. The Dolphins will have make the best of their situation with Ted Ginn Jr.

Splat
05-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Anthony Gonzalez is such a great fit for Indy I think he will be a beast for them teams will be so worried about MH and RW that Gonzo will eat up nickel backs all day long.

SaintsMan
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Do I detect a hint of homerism?

I'm expecting him to have a year like Colston last season. Colston put up over 1000yds and 8 TD's while missing 4 games. It's not impossible, safe for injury, that Meachem can get 850yds-1000yds and 7-10 TD's.

bored of education
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I really think Craig Davis will end up being beastly this year

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
I think Meachem will have a great year.

awfullyquiet
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
How many yards did brees hook up with joe horn with last year? those yards have to go somewhere.

right into meech's stat book. SP likes toys. meech is one of those.

gonzo will have a good year too. i mean, when you play the slot with harrison and wayne, and have dallas clark and addai as five threats from wherever. i can see him taking many of the curl and hook routes that peyton throws to and putting putting up consistant numbers every game of fifty yards. well said splat.

Flyboy
05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
How many yards did brees hook up with joe horn with last year? those yards have to go somewhere.

right into meech's stat book. SP likes toys. meech is one of those.

Hopefully for us Meachem doesn't pick up Joe Horn's injury tendencies as well. ;)

Gchu83
05-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Gonzalez...it helps a lot when your QB is Peyton Manning.

#1chiefs_fan
05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Anthony Gonzelaz or Calvin Johnson. Both are in good offenses and will both have 700-1000 recieving yards and 4-8 touchdowns.

BaLLiN
05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Robert Meachem, #2 WR probably, He's a good talent, Brees had a good season last year, and all of the other teams that drafted a WR have some QB problems except SD and INDY, where Craig Davis could have a great year as #2 WR but I'm not sure how consistent Rivers will be, and at INDY Gonzalez will be #3 WR and I question that he should be a first rounder, but we'll just have to wait and see.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Craig Davis

bantx
05-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Meachem because drew brees = beast, beast qb with meachem = best rookie WR next year

and

davis because him n gates will get all the stats, because if davis is more than decent rivers will be forced to throw to only gates n him

fenikz
05-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Steve Breaston 4 KR for TD's and 3 TD catches

dRaFtDoRk
05-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Its going to go to a player who was drafted to a pass heavy team, like Robert Meachem or Anthony Gonzalez. I don't think Dwayne Bowe is going to get as many oppurtunities as he should because Larry Johnson is bound to get 30 carries a game.

I'm having a feeling though that Ted Ginn is going to surprise some people and give the Dolphins a legit target to throw to in the next couple years.

JoeMontainya
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Of Course Calvin Johnson will probably have the best season for wideouts in this years class.

But which of the remaining 1st-Round Wideouts do you think will have the best season?

Miami's Ted Ginn Jr.

Indy's Anthony Gonzalez

San Diego's Craig Davis

Kansas City's Dwayne Bowe

New Orleans' Robert Meachem

It seems like Gonzalez is set up really nicely to have a great season.

constant cough
05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Craig "Buster" Davis!

I would say Gonzalez with Manning throwing him balls but he's got Harrison and Wyane on his team. Davis only has Vincet and Parker ahead of him and Rivers throwing you the ball ain't bad.

lod01
05-04-2007, 09:01 AM

Absolutely no chance of that happening. Odds are he will start as the #3 WR on the depth chart.

soybean
05-04-2007, 02:33 PM
just because calvin johnson is the best of the rookie wideouts, does not mean he will have the best season.
everyone else is in a viable situation, detroit is just a...[make up word here]

Auron
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Absolutely no chance of that happening. Odds are he will start as the #3 WR on the depth chart.

Most probably, but I can't see him staying 3rd for long if he learns the Offense quick enough.

Who's going to start ahead of him? Devery Henderson is way too inconsistent hands wise to be a full time starter, and Terrance Copper doesn't have the game breaking potential.

Geo
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Craig "Buster" Davis!

I would say Gonzalez with Manning throwing him balls but he's got Harrison and Wyane on his team. Davis only has Vincet and Parker ahead of him and Rivers throwing you the ball ain't bad.
Hence why I chose Davis. Like last year, Addai had a better overall year than Bush because the state of the team helped necessitate it.

And I also think the Chargers defense might regress a bit, and I don't expect LT to repeat his amazing performance, so that helps Davis get the best shot imo of any receiver in the first round to contribute and have the best statistical year.

SaintsMan
05-04-2007, 04:19 PM

He will start at the 2nd WR spot, bank it. And I don't see how a starter at wide receiver can't get those numbers.

Also, answer the question. Who is going to start opposite Colston, since you seem to know so much about the Siants?