PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Is anybody into the Airsoft world?? I've been looking to get into it but I would like to know which direction to go. AEG?? Gas?? what brands are good?? If anyone is into this sort of thing, any info would be awesome.

Moses
05-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I play paintball. I would go that route if I were you.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
yes except paintballing can be soo damn expensive. the guns are ridiculous expensive for a good one and the actual paintballs cost more than the BB's. and plus Airsoft guns look awesome as hell.

oh and i don't like the route paintball is going with all the inflatables as the gunning area. i used to play back in the day when we would go to this paintball place in the middle of nowhere and it would be just a wooded area and you would have to blend in with the enviroment and that was fun, now it is hard as hell to find places like that for paintball. it's all closed arenas with blow ups everywhere.

Moses
05-03-2007, 10:56 AM
yes except paintballing can be soo damn expensive. the guns are ridiculous expensive for a good one and the actual paintballs cost more than the BB's. and plus Airsoft guns look awesome as hell.

Paintball is definitely expensive. My problem with Airsoft is that there is no way to tell if somebody is hit or not. Cheating is likely more rampant than it is in paintball.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Paintball is definitely expensive. My problem with Airsoft is that there is no way to tell if somebody is hit or not. Cheating is likely more rampant than it is in paintball.
yea thats something that i thought of too, but if you get a close knit group of guys, i would hope all of my friends would be honest. i know that part to me is awesome. and i was reading on some web-sites and everyone basically says that cheating is a no no and could get you kicked off teams if not calling "I'm out!" when you get hit and what not.

Sportsfan486
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
yea thats something that i thought of too, but if you get a close knit group of guys, i would hope all of my friends would be honest. i know that part to me is awesome. and i was reading on some web-sites and everyone basically says that cheating is a no no and could get you kicked off teams if not calling "I'm out!" when you get hit and what not.

lol..

Have you ever competed with other guys before???

Dude.. they'll not only CHEAT but laugh behind your back about it.

Seriously, paintball is the way to go.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
My friends and I have done the paintball thing. A lot of us are looking to get into Airsoft, thats why I am asking. and if i am playing with guys that i know and on a many occasion hang out with, then i think i would be okay when it came to cheating, i'm not looking to get into like compete and what not, just going out to field and shooting each other. but i don't want to get like some rinkydink gun.

Bigbadbob72
05-03-2007, 09:20 PM
ya I have a gun. You can ask me cause my good friends now a butt load bout airsoft. If you want to spend alot of money get a Tokyo Mauri or a Classic Army. They will cost about 400 new. I wouldn't a gas rifle because it can be a pain and reloading is very hard. Go with a battery gun. I have some guns that I am trying to sell if you want to pm me about them.

terribletowel39
05-04-2007, 01:19 PM
ya I have a gun. You can ask me cause my good friends now a butt load bout airsoft. If you want to spend alot of money get a Tokyo Mauri or a Classic Army. They will cost about 400 new. I wouldn't a gas rifle because it can be a pain and reloading is very hard. Go with a battery gun. I have some guns that I am trying to sell if you want to pm me about them.
yea i have been looking around on the internet and the consensus is that TM is the best out there. Classic Army aren't they really good replicas made out of all metal?? one of my friends is obsessed with wanting to get a sniper. everything i read though says that you need to be in the game for a while to even be accepted as a sniper and that there is a lot more to it than one would think and that you really never snipe, more of intelligence. what guns do you have??