PDA

View Full Version : My Brief Analysis

bored of education
05-03-2007, 01:52 PM
1.23 – Dwayne Bowe – WR, LSU.
Value Wise - A-
Need Wise- A
Bowe, a large physical receiver is something the Chiefs offense hasn’t had in years. A first round WR has been a need as well, one that can step in and become the number one wide receiver option for the offense. A large athletic receiver, the type Herm Edwards falls in love with, Bowe might become that number one option before preseason even starts. Once he gets his concentration and focus centered on the field of play, then he could get at least 70 receptions as a rookie. An upgrade for this offense. A good down field blocker, with the ability to get yards after the catch. He also has room for growth and given the time to learn this kid could be special. Pro Comparisons from Scouts that I have heard and based on my own assessment two players come to mind: Young Eric Moulds and Young Isaac Bruce or more recently Anquan Boldin. nfl.com says Arnaz Battle, I sure as hell hope not.

Other directions pick wise: Joe Staley, Robert Meachem, Alan Branch, Ben Grubbs.

2.54 – Turk McBride – DE/DT, Tenn
Value Wise – B-
Need Wise – B
Turk, a tweener of sorts for the DE/DT positions. With recent transgressions in the dilemma that is, Jared Allen, I’d say this is a ‘solid’ pick. Adds depth to the d-line which was one of the weakest areas for the Chiefs is 06. is not HUGE or very strong to be a 3 tech DT but can play the UT position on third downs and DE position on 1st or 2nd downs. Is solid as a rusher, but very good as a rusher on the inside. Pressuring the Qb from the inside on 3rd downs s something the Chiefs need. Plus he could help with getting a few more sacks this season since the Chiefs were in the bottom half of the league sacks wise in 06.

Other directions based on who was available: Tim Crowder, Ikaika Alama Francis, James Marten, Marcus McCauley

3.82 – Tank Tyler – DT, NCST
Value Wise- A+
Need Wise- A
Tank Tyler, a menace in the middle. The DT position has been a weakness for some time for KC, and this guy is a beast. If he can direct his focus to the field he might be the steal of the 1st day. Not much more I can say about this pick loved it in everyway.

After this pick there are directions KC could have and should have gone, some might have wanted some O-Linemen, but they drafted a guy who could play guard in a year or two, sorta of like Tre Stallings.

2nd day NEED was a CB, picking up Michael Coe, David Irons, Courtney Brown or CJ Wilson would have at least addressed a NEED.

But who am I.

Overall 1st day- B+.
Overall draft- B-.

Splat
05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I look for D-Bo to play #2 this year EK is not done and will lock up the #1 WR spot for at least one more year. I think it would be better for D-Bo to play #2 for a year any ways I think EK could have went over a 1000 last year if Green would not have went down or we had better line play.

Hermstheman83
05-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Yea, it's hard to argue that. Eddie Kennison is an awesome reciever.

villagewarrior
05-03-2007, 10:37 PM
You said that Turk wasn't big enough to man the 3 tech but would play the under tackle role well and I have to disagree. Generally you want a smaller, more disruptive tackle lined up on a 3 tech (outside shoulder of guard), where he won't be affected much by double teams from center/guard combos. The UT should be larger and therefore more able to stand up to the double teams (a la Tank Tyler).

Nice analysis though, I enjoyed it.

bored of education
05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
woops did i screw the two up in my asessment?

bored of education
05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
yes i did nevermind thanks for pointing that out to me.

villagewarrior
05-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Eh, you just got your defensive tackle roles mixed up, no biggie.