PDA

View Full Version : Pick the Divisions

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok, since the draft is over, pick who will win the divisions.

Splat
05-03-2007, 02:45 PM
NE

B-More

Indy

Denver

Cowboys (If #5 stays on the field then it could be Eagles.)

Bears

Saints

49ers (Ya I said It)

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 02:45 PM
AFC

East- Patriots
Central- Bengals
South- Jacksonville
West- Broncos

NFC
East- Eagles
North-Bears
South- Falcons (I honestly expect this to be the worst division in football next year..I really have no idea but went against the Saints and Panthers to be different)
West-Rams

bored of education
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
didnt we just have this thread?

NYG, Packers, Cards, Dolphins, Texans, Raiders, Browns and Falcons

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 02:49 PM
The Giants? Are you serious?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-03-2007, 02:49 PM
AFC
East: New England
North: Cincinnati
South: Indianapolis
West: San Diego

NFC
East: Dallas
North: Chicago
South: New Orleans
West: San Francisco

DI
05-03-2007, 02:50 PM
AFC East: Patrtiots
AFC North: Bengals
AFC Soutch: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

Wildcards: Broncos, Ravens

NFC East: Eagles
NFC North:Bears
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers

Wildcards: Giants, Panthers

Splat

The question should be the Raiders are you serious?

bearsfan_51

Yes, it's not at all possible that a team that made the playoffs last year, and won the division the year before, could win the divsion next year.

Not at all.

bored of education
05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
i was being facetious.

GiantRutgersFan
05-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Giants are going to be in the playoffs... We have a fantastic offense, and what should be an ok defense.

The Dynasty
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
AFC East - Pats
AFC North - Ravens
AFC South - Colts
AFC West - Broncos

NFC East - Eagles
NFC North - Bears
NFC South - Panthers
NFC West - Rams

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Giants are going to be in the playoffs... We have a fantastic offense, and what should be an ok defense.

How do you have a fantastic offense, you lost Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs isn't a star and Reuben Droughns is basically the same player, plus Eli will most likely throw more INT's than TD's, plus an awful line.

Geo
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Good to have you back, GRF.

bored of education
05-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Fantastic offense? Who is fantastic on that offense?

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2007, 03:10 PM
NFC

E-Eagles
N-Bears
W-49ers
S-Saints
WC-Cowboys, Falcons

AFC

E-Pats
N-Bengals
W-Chargers
S-Colts
WC-Titans, Jets

Shiver
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
AFC

East - New England
North - Cincinnati
South - Indianapolis
West - Denver

NFC

East - Dallas
North - Chicago
South - Atlanta
West - San Francisco

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 03:15 PM
AFC North- Cincy
AFC East- Pats
Afc South- Indy
AFC West- San Diego

NFC North- Green Bay
NFC East- Philidelhia
NFC South- Saints
NFC West- St Louis

stl9erfan
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
AFC
East: Patriots
North: Bengals
South: Colts
West: Chargers
Wildcards: Broncos, Ravens

NFC:
East: Eagles
North: Bears
South: Saints
West: 49ers
Wildcards: Cowboys, Buccaneers

Notes: The AFC North gave me a lot of trouble. I think the Ravens and Bengals both definitely make the playoffs, but which is the wildcard and which wins the division, I'm not so sure. In the end, I guess I think the Bengals' defense will be improved enough to beat out Baltimore.

A lot of people will probably think I'm crazy on the Buccaneers too, but I really see them as a big time sleeper team this year. I look for a bounce back campaign from Cadillac running behind a revamped O-line, with a younger defense that's just been given a new life in this most recent draft. Whoever wins the QB battle, Simms or Garcia, the Bucs should be better there too.

GiantRutgersFan
05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
How do you have a fantastic offense, you lost Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs isn't a star and Reuben Droughns is basically the same player, plus Eli will most likely throw more INT's than TD's, plus an awful line.

When has Eli ever been close to throwing more INT's then TDs???? He has thrown 24 TDs, 17 INTs the last 2 years. stop making things up like a redskins homer... Probably gonna get banned by you over nothing now.

Awful line? We have a very good line... All we lost was Pet-a-goat who wasnt amazing, but pretty good. Plus we are probably gonna get Shaffer from the Browns.

Power running game is gonna help the passing game, not hurt it imo

scottyboy
05-03-2007, 03:28 PM

ghetto, the loss of tiki was obviously huge, and i wouldnt say the giants offense is fantastic. our O-line is actually good, not awful like MANY think. eli wont throw more INTs than TD's.

but GRF, come on. why do you do this???

GiantRutgersFan
05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Cause I am sick of the homer fangirls disrespecting my favorite team. NO RESPECT FOR THE GIANTS

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
When has Eli ever been close to throwing more INT's then TDs???? He has thrown 24 TDs, 17 INTs the last 2 years. stop making things up like a redskins homer... Probably gonna get banned by you over nothing now.

Awful line? We have a very good line... All we lost was Pet-a-goat who wasnt amazing, but pretty good. Plus we are probably gonna get Shaffer from the Browns.

Power running game is gonna help the passing game, not hurt it imo

How am I making things up? And anyone else can tell you that, I don't have to be a "homer". You just never know when to quit, you were 1 point away from a one week ban yet you cuss out some guy, who's the smart one here, if you continue this pace you will be gone for good, trying to let you have a second chance but I see where this is going.

And you can't go all crazy because your team isn't being "respected" cause if I went off like you any time someone dissed the Skins and the way they run their team I'd have been gone a long time ago, you can't have a hissy fit cause someone doesn't think your team is good.

scottyboy
05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
GRF, ghetto didnt make anything up. he predicted that eli will MOST LIKELY throw more INTs than TD's. thats his opinion, thats what people do on football forums, debate opinions.

the only thing he said wrong was that our O-line was awful.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Cause I am sick of the homer fangirls disrespecting my favorite team. NO RESPECT FOR THE GIANTS

coming from the biggest homer fangirl on this site...

princefielder28
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
AFC
East: New England Patriots
North: Pittsburgh Steelers
South: Indianapolis Colts
West: Denver Broncos

NFC
East: Dallas Cowboys
North: Chicago Bears(I know it's suprising considering I'm a Packers fan)
South: Carolina Panthers
West: San Francisco 49ers

princefielder28
05-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Stole what I was going to say

keylime_5
05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Diego, (look familiar)
New Orleans, Dallas, St.Louis, Chicago.

Ewing
05-03-2007, 04:11 PM
AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Broncos

Wildcards: Chargers, Browns

NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Buccaneers

Wildcards: Saints, Cowboys

Bigburt63
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Broncos

Wildcards: Chargers, Browns

NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Buccaneers

Wildcards: Saints, Cowboys

very bold (and interesting) pick

Jensen
05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
AFC

East - New England Patriots
North - Baltimore Ravens
South - Indianapolis Colts
West - Denver Broncos

Wildcards - San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC

East - Philadelphia Eagles
North - Chicago Bears
South - New Orleans Saints
West - San Francisco 49ers

Wildcards - Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys

Ewing
05-03-2007, 04:20 PM
very bold (and interesting) pick

I had them as a sleeper team before the draft and I think they'll do even better now. That defense is so underrated it's crazy and that offensive line is vastly improved. I'm thinking 9-7 or 10-6.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Philly is winning the East, even without McNabb.

Whats lost in all the NFC East discussions is how schematically, Philadelphia has a HUGE advantage over the rest of the teams in our division.

The Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Redskins (in all likelihood) will be employing defenses that are based heavily on blitzing.

Thats great and all, but let's look at the offenses that each team runs.

Dallas: Ernhardt/Perkins vertical pass game
NYG: Air Coryell vertical pass game
Washington: Air Coryell verticall pass game
Philly: WCO

Who has the schematic advantage? Philly does. Philly's WCO is taylor made to take on the blitzing nature of all our defenses. Our vertical pass games do not.

Also, when looking at how much pressure each defense plans on generating, its important to look at the olines.

Who has the best oline? Easily Philadelphia. Another advantage.

What about dlines?

Id say NYG and Philly are 1 and 2 in this aspect. So Philly is strong on both lines, has a scheme that can expose weaknesses in all our defenses, and is easily the best coached team of the group.

Sounds like the odds are in their favor to me.

Michigan
05-03-2007, 04:23 PM
AFC
North: Baltimore
South: Jacksonville
East: New England
West: Denver

WC: Indianapolis, San Diego

NFC
North: Chicago
South: Carolina
East: Dallas
West: Seattle

WC: Minnesota, Philadelphia

bored of education
05-03-2007, 04:23 PM
sounds good until they get on the field.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Goddammit GRF.....

*sigh

d34ng3l021
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
No way NO wins the division again. Not taking away from them, but there has never been a team to win the NFC South 2 times in a row since its creation. Either the Falcons or Panthers will rise up to beat them out.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
To all of the reasonable Giants fans I may be a little overboard at times with my Giants hate, but it is only because a select few who force it upon me, I don't really hate the Giants as much as I say I do.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
ok just curious. this is to all of the ppl that posted on the first page. what makes all of you think that the Bengals would win the division over the Ravens??

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 04:33 PM
To all of the reasonable Giants fans I may be a little overboard at times with my Giants hate, but it is only because a select few who force it upon me, I don't really hate the Giants as much as I say I do.

We all know youre a closet Giants fan. Its ok.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
ok just curious. this is to all of the ppl that posted on the first page. what makes all of you think that the Bengals would win the division over the Ravens??

They won't. Ravens have the best defense in the NFL. One of the best and most clutch Kickers Matt Stover, a top 10 punter Sam Koch, and one the most dangerous returning tandems in BJ Sams and Yamon Figurs. The offense will only be better than they were last year. Willis Mcgahee is a large upgrade from Jamal Lewis and he now has Lorenzo Neal err I mean LeRon McClain lead blocking for him. Steve McNair is one year into the system and should only be better while Boller and Troy Smith are waiting in the wings. Their O-line has been bolstered with the addition of the top guard in the draft Ben Grubbs, as well as Marshal Yanda. Todd Heap is an elite pro bowl tight end, and at receiver Mark Clayton is a future pro bowler and ready for a true break out year. He is a young Derrick Mason. Speaking of D-mase he is back and always reliable and the youngster Demetrius Williams will be pushing for more playing time, also look for rookie 3rd rounder Yamon Figurs to make some sort of impact in a limited role.

Zim3031
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
AFC East - New England
AFC North - Cincinnati
AFC South - Jacksonville
AFC West - Oakland (sure, why not?)

NFC East - Philadelphia
NFC North - Chicago
NFC South - Carolina
NFC West - Arizona

dRaFtDoRk
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
X Division Winner
*** Wildcard

AFC East
1. New England PatriotsX
2. New York Jets***
3. Miami Dolphins
4. Buffalo Bills

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh SteelersX
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South
1. Indianapolis ColtsX
2. Tennessee Titans***
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Houston Texans

AFC West
1. Kansas City ChiefsX
2. San Diego Chargers
3. Denver Broncos
4. Oakland Raiders

NFC East
1. Philadelphia EaglesX
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. New York Giants
4. Washington Redskins

NFC North
1. Chicago BearsX
2. Green Bay Packers***
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Detroit Lions

NFC South
1. New Orleans SaintsX
2. Carolina Panthers
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
1. Seattle SeahawksX
2. San Francisco 49ers***
3. St. Louis Rams
4. Arizona Cardinals

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
They won't. Ravens have the best defense in the NFL. One of the best and most clutch Kickers Matt Stover, a top 10 punter Sam Koch, and one the most dangerous returning tandems in BJ Sams and Yamon Figurs. The offense will only be better than they were last year. Willis Mcgahee is a large upgrade from Jamal Lewis and he now has Lorenzo Neal err I mean LeRon McClain lead blocking for him. Steve McNair is one year into the system and should only be better while Boller and Troy Smith are waiting in the wings. Their O-line has been bolstered with the addition of the top guard in the draft Ben Grubbs, as well as Marshal Yanda. Todd Heap is an elite pro bowl tight end, and at receiver Mark Clayton is a future pro bowler and ready for a true break out year. He is a young Derrick Mason. Speaking of D-mase he is back and always reliable and the youngster Demetrius Williams will be pushing for more playing time, also look for rookie 3rd rounder Yamon Figurs to make some sort of impact in a limited role.
well those are my thoughts but everyone seemed to be smoking out of the same bowl on page one. i am one to believe that the team that one the division the year before will win it again until proven otherwise.

Geo
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM

Whats lost in all the NFC East discussions is how schematically, Philadelphia has a HUGE advantage over the rest of the teams in our division.

The Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Redskins (in all likelihood) will be employing defenses that are based heavily on blitzing.

Who has the schematic advantage? Philly does. Philly's WCO is taylor made to take on the blitzing nature of all our defenses. Our vertical pass games do not.

Also, when looking at how much pressure each defense plans on generating, its important to look at the olines.

Couldn't have said it better myself, which is why I also have the Eagles winning the division for a consecutive year. Even if Feeley starts the first 4 games or so, that will just force them into running the ball more which is what they should do behind that offensive line.

The Unseen
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
AFC

Norte - Bengals. I think they had a bit of a down year, but are still an overall good team. They will still have a dangerous offense, and their defense I think will begin to come around.

Sur - Colts. I wanna be a homer so badly on this one, but I'm going with the safe pick. The Jaguars passing game is simply an enigma, while the Colts is not (duh).

Este - Patriots. That they made a big splash in free agency is an understatement. They already were a division champion, now their shooting to be a Super Bowl champion.

Oeste - Broncos. Jay Cutler can only improve, and I like the moves on their defense.

NFC

Norte - Bears. I don't see change here, but I've got one of those feelings that it won't be as easy as the past two years due to the Packers.

Sur - Panthers. To be different. DeAngelo Williams will be a star, and they've always had good players on defense.

Este - Eagles. McNabb will have a great year as the team repeats their title.

Oeste - Seahawks. They win in a close fight with the improved 49ers. I've got this feeling about the Rams, though...

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
did jets future seriously say that??????? *refers to Unseen's sig.

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2007, 04:52 PM
NFC East- Eagles
NFC North- I have no idea last year at this time las year I would have said bears but the QB is shaky and inconsistent, the #1 WR is old, the OL is prehistoric, Lance Briggs is on his way out, and Mike Brown is often injured, as is Cedric Benson who is now their #1 RB.
NFC South- Saints
NFC West- 49ers

AFC East- Patriots
AFC North- Ravens
AFC South- Colts
AFC West- Broncos or Chargers to close to call

Geo
05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I'll be surprised if any other team in the North is within 3 games of the Bears.

The Unseen
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
did jets future seriously say that??????? *refers to Unseen's sig.

Yeah. I feel like removing it, since he admitted that he said such ridiculous things to get attention. Although it's still pretty funny.

bsaza2358
05-03-2007, 05:01 PM
I somehow got quoted in 2 people's sigs. This is why I'm hot...

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Stop while your behind, you should only comment if you actually have something productive to say, and if you were trying to make a joke, it wasn't funny.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM
AFC North= Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South= Indianapolis Colts

AFC East= New England Patriots

AFC West= San Diego

NFC North= Green Bay Packers

NFC South= Atlanta Falcons

NFC East= Philadelphia Eagles

NFC West= San Francisco 49ers

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Awful line?

Elaborate how having two pro bowl alternates plus David Diehl and Kareem McKenzie is awful. I understand LT is shaky right now but that doesn't make the O-line awful.

I currently have the Giants tagged as the 3rd best team in the division, but to say their line is awful is just stupid. But hey, it's the offseason and it came from a Skins fan....stupidity and Skins fans go hand in hand this time of year.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Because we went out and got the worst possible option at RB, we have an aging QB who cant throw the ball down field. We lost one of our best defensive players and our replacement for him is Jarret friggin Johnson. Where the Bengals have the best QB in the NFL (when healthy), the best WR in the NFL, an underrated RB in Rudi Johnson, and a defense that is much improved and ready to take the next step.

WMD
05-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Whoa now ERU.. Best QB in the NFL would be Brady or Manning.. and the Best WR in the NFL is clearly Calvin Johnson.. Clearly..

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Awful line?

Elaborate how having two pro bowl alternates plus David Diehl and Kareem McKenzie is awful. I understand LT is shaky right now but that doesn't make the O-line awful.

I currently have the Giants tagged as the 3rd best team in the division, but to say their line is awful is just stupid. But hey, it's the offseason and it came from a Skins fan....stupidity and Skins fans go hand in hand this time of year.

Yet Eli Manning is constantly on his ass and against the Eagles last year was sacked 8 times.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Because we went out and got the worst possible option at RB, we have an aging QB who cant throw the ball down field. We lost one of our best defensive players and our replacement for him is Jarret friggin Johnson. Where the Bengals have the best QB in the NFL (when healthy), the best WR in the NFL, an underrated RB in Rudi Johnson, and a defense that is much improved and ready to take the next step.

nice to see some love from a ravens fan...

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Yet Eli Manning is constantly on his ass and against the Eagles last year was sacked 8 times.

Go find out how many times he was sacked the rest of the year.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:35 PM
And he is constantly on his ass more because of the scheme that sends everyone deep and the plays take too long to process. Add that to not having WRs that get seperation and you then have a QB that needs too much time to find the open receiver.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Go find out how many times he was sacked the rest of the year.

25 times, not too bad at all. he must make all those dumb plays because he is, well, dumb

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Note to people in general. If you say there is "no way such and such team will win the division", you're being foolish.

There are four teams in each division. Four.

Any team can win any division.

Thank you.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 05:37 PM
regardless if he sucks or not, you will still be able to run through the bengals and browns. and you will be able to stop them from running and probably us. mcNair is the same QB as last year and that got yall the division. chad johnson can sit and spin, no way is he the best WR in the game. he is lucky last year he had his 2 or 3 big games other than that he had a mediocre year. and i won't believe that Cincy's D is ready to take the next step until i see it. we were saying the same thing about the D last year but no improvments.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
But the number doesn't tell how often he is hurried, and how he is one of the most inaccurate QB's in the NFL when being pressured, as his throws tend to sail every time.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
25 times, not too bad at all. he must make all those dumb plays because he is, well, dumb

Nope.

17 times in 15 games (taking the 8 out in the one game against the Eagles) and that was without a starting LT for half the season.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
But the number doesn't tell how often he is hurried, and how he is one of the most inaccurate QB's in the NFL when being pressured, as his throws tend to sail every time.

You are right about that...I have said that in my defense cases of Eli numerous times. He tries to avoid sacks much moreso than many other QBs in the league which has "hampered" his completion percentage and YPA blah blah blah for all you statiticians out there.

But the line is not at fault nearly as much as the scheme is because our WRs do not get initital seperation yet our offense is built for guys that can get seperation. Thus, Eli is forced to wait far too long back there and the pressure is almost always there.

Do we have a great line? Of course not...but to call it awful was just plain stupid and you let your initial emotions of hatred for GRF trap you into saying something that you know is not accurate.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Whoa now ERU.. Best QB in the NFL would be Brady or Manning.. and the Best WR in the NFL is clearly Calvin Johnson.. Clearly..

Carson Palmer is better than Peyton and Brady if he is healthy, and yes CJ is the best WR in the NFL.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:46 PM
The AFC North is going to be fun to watch this year....Cleveland won't contend for the title but they'll make some noise and the Ravens-Steelers-Bengals battle is going to go down to week 17 IMO.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
The AFC North is going to be fun to watch this year....Cleveland won't contend for the title but they'll make some noise and the Ravens-Steelers-Bengals battle is going to go down to week 17 IMO.

im calling it- steelers finish 4th in the division.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 05:51 PM
son, you are out of your mind. the jokes thread is in the off topic section.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 05:51 PM

Wouldn't suprise me if they finished 4th or 1st.....and yes you can say that about a ton of teams....but this whole division has that outlook in my eyes.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 05:53 PM

sorry, but new coaches, lack of reliable corners, new system, and with only 1 decent reciver, i see a fourth place finish for the steelers. but they still finish 6-10.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 05:55 PM
In conclusion, Tom Coughlin is a jerk.

*sigh.....*

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 05:57 PM
sorry, but new coaches, lack of reliable corners, new system, and with only 1 decent reciver, i see a fourth place finish for the steelers. but they still finish 6-10.
i understand the new coach thing, but i think Tomlin knows what he is doing and will do a good job at it......don't be suprised it Taylor is back to his 05' form. the only 1 decent reciever, i am guessing you mean Ward?? but what about that other reciever that ended yalls season?? and just curious but what kind of record do you see the Brownies having??

bored of education
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM
In conclusion even having a solid o-line doens't make Eli a Godsend. Play calling and scheme contribute to about 30 % of Eli's erratatic mediocrity.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:02 PM
In conclusion even having a solid o-line doens't make Eli a Godsend. Play calling and scheme contribute to about 30 % of Eli's erratatic mediocrity.

Ive hated Coughlin's playbook since the day he got here. He's trying to turn Eli into Peyton, rather than letting him be his own man. Eli is not Peyton. He has his own strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention that we don't have the WR core to pull off the Air Coryell style he wants. Oh and we play in Giants stadium. Not exactly Air Coryell friendly.

In 3 years, I havent seen any adjustments to this playbook. Absolutely horrible.

I dont know if Eli will ever make the leap as long as Coughlin is his HC. I really don't like Coughlin at all.

WMD
05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC West: Denver Broncos
Wild Cards: San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles
NFC North: Chicago Bears
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons
NFC West: St. Louis Rams
Wild Cards: Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Mark it down!

bored of education
05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I understand that completely. You set a precident. An NYG fan saying somethng that actually holds some water. + rep

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
i understand the new coach thing, but i think Tomlin knows what he is doing and will do a good job at it......don't be suprised it Taylor is back to his 05' form. the only 1 decent reciever, i am guessing you mean Ward?? but what about that other reciever that ended yalls season?? and just curious but what kind of record do you see the Brownies having??

either 6-10 or 7-9. And ward is the only decent reciever you all have, unless Holmes breaks out and cures his fumblitis.

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I love these Eagles picks. People are going to be in for a big suprise.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM

And your point?

Number 10
05-03-2007, 06:06 PM

Is that you T-New?

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:06 PM
And your point?

He's saying what we're saying essentially. The problem is much deeper than Left Tackle issues.

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 06:08 PM
either 6-10 or 7-9. And ward is the only decent reciever you all have, unless Holmes breaks out and cures his fumblitis.
haha i like the edited stab. and they weren't really a problem during WR play, only KR/PR and that should be fixed with Willie Reid healthy finally.

sweetness34
05-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Oh ********, I don't even want to hear that garbage.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
You are right about that...I have said that in my defense cases of Eli numerous times. He tries to avoid sacks much moreso than many other QBs in the league which has "hampered" his completion percentage and YPA blah blah blah for all you statiticians out there.

But the line is not at fault nearly as much as the scheme is because our WRs do not get initital seperation yet our offense is built for guys that can get seperation. Thus, Eli is forced to wait far too long back there and the pressure is almost always there.

Do we have a great line? Of course not...but to call it awful was just plain stupid and you let your initial emotions of hatred for GRF trap you into saying something that you know is not accurate.

And I already acknowledged that, while your personal rant and insulting of me knowing what you said to be true I found a little childish, but I seem to feel as it was said in reasonably good intent so I won't consider it to be an attack on me rather, a fan debating for his team which I can respect.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
haha i like the edited stab. and they weren't really a problem during WR play, only KR/PR and that should be fixed with Willie Reid healthy finally.

lol, i am all for santonio holmes, as i was born in ohio (and if your born in ohio, you are always a buckeye). i just wanted to use the word.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
And I already acknowledged that, while your personal rant and insulting of me knowing what you said to be true I found a little childish, but I seem to feel as it was said in reasonably good intent so I won't consider it to be an attack on me rather, a fan debating for his team which I can respect.

Alright, you admitted you don't hate the Giants as much as it may seem but the likes of GRF bring out the worst.

All I did was simply state that your comment on the line being "awful" was very inaccurate.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Alright, you admitted you don't hate the Giants as much as it may seem but the likes of GRF bring out the worst.

All I did was simply state that your comment on the line being "awful" was very inaccurate.

And how it's feasible that I said something idiotic because I am a skins fan and all skins fans are ignorant and stupid, and make pointless threads.

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:24 PM

If the Eagles win the division and the Browns finish with a better record then the Cowboys I'm going to hold you to all the statements you've made in the past week.

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Have fun with that. If we don't go 6-0 in the NFC East I will be dissapointed. Our team is loaded. I expect nothing short of dominance. 14-2.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Have fun with that. If we don't go 6-0 in the NFC East it will be a shame. Our team is loaded. I expect nothing short of dominance. 14-2.

Well not much to say about that.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Have fun with that. If we don't go 6-0 in the NFC East it will be a shame. Our team is loaded. I expect nothing short of dominance. 14-2.

lol, wow. a little confident? well you will be dissapointed. no dimnant RB or QB, lack of a consistent deep threat and a strugglling Oline will hold them back.

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Have fun with that. If we don't go 6-0 in the NFC East I will be dissapointed. Our team is loaded. I expect nothing short of dominance. 14-2.

7 months from now I really hope the Cowboys are 3-13. I really want to see the denial that you go through if they finish with that record.

bearsfan_51
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

OH MAN....PHEW...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Did I mention that I LOVE Cowboys fans?

Number 10
And how it's feasible that I said something idiotic because I am a skins fan and all skins fans are ignorant and stupid, and make pointless threads.

What?

If you complaining about my offseason comment about Skins fans....I'm basing off of what you guys were saying at this time last year. You and SeanTaylor21 were all but positive the Skins were the team to beat in the division because you brought in this guy and that guy, yet you had one of the worst teams in the NFL. After all the crap I took last year from you guys when saying the Giants would be better than the Skins...I look down on your opinions more often than not.

Awful O-line....give me a break.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM

It is T-New isn't it?

There is not a single team in the NFC East that will go 6-0 in the division, you can put that in down right now. Way too much parity.

bearsfan_51
What?

If you complaining about my offseason comment about Skins fans....I'm basing off of what you guys were saying at this time last year. You and SeanTaylor21 were all but positive the Skins were the team to beat in the division because you brought in this guy and that guy, yet you had one of the worst teams in the NFL. After all the crap I took last year from you guys when saying the Giants would be better than the Skins...I look down on your opinions more often than not.

Guys guys guys. Let's just take a breath and all agree that Cowboys fans are the worst in the league.

Bengals1690
sso is it official that NFC East homers are the worst in the league? not a shot at everyone but Achiiles and GRF make a good oase themselves....

LitoSheppard
05-03-2007, 06:31 PM

AFC West= San Diego

I 100% Agree with ever pick.

SeanTaylorRIP
What?

Please never once did I support any of the moves we made last offseason other than Andre Carter, and I never said the skins would win the championship. Sure I said we'd make the playoffs but that's understandable we were 10-6 the year before and loss nothing. You can look back I was the first to bash the Archuleta signing hard and cry why we didn't keep Ryan Clark. And I was the first to say that we gave up far too much for Brandon Lloyd and I went on a crazy rant when we got TJ Duckett, so don't put my name in there cause I never praised our offseason last year, other than saying that Andre Carter was a great acquisition because we had no pass rush. Check your facts!!!

bearsfan_51
sso is it official that NFC East homers are the worst in the league? not a shot at everyone but Achiiles and GRF make a good oase themselves....
Oh unquestionably. I've been saying that since 2004 when this board started.

It's really not even close. Each fan base thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to the NFL.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Guys guys guys. Let's just take a breath and all agree that Cowboys fans are the worst in the league.

I bet Ward grinds his teeth with anger at every comment, lol.

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
LOL just wait bearfan. When we own you in week 3, come talk to me. Oh and Bengals, we have one of the best o-lines in the NFL, I don't no what you are talking about. And no consistant deep threat? are you serious? T.O. and Terry Glenn not a deep threat? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And Julius Jones and Marion Barber are more than enough at RB with our o-line.

I just don't see how people are picking the eagles to win the division. We have NO STARTING HOLES on the entire name. And before you post, name one.

Oh and I know nobody will go 6-0 in the east, I was overexaggerating.

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:33 PM

TNewFan and Achilles33 don't represent the whole fanbase. Just like GRF doesn't represent the whole Giants fanbase. Although I will agree the Cowboys have more delusional fans than any other team.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:33 PM
LOL just wait bearfan. When we own you in week 3, come talk to me. Oh and Bengals, we have one of the best o-lines in the NFL, I don't no what you are talking about. And no consistant deep threat? are you serious? T.O. and Terry Glenn not a deep threat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And Julius Jones and Marion Barber are more than enough at RB with our o-line.

I just don't see how people are picking the eagles to win the division. We have NO STARTING HOLES on the entire name. And before you post, name one.

Achilles......quit now before it gets worse.

RaiderNation
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
AFC
Chargers
Colts
Patriots
Bengals
Wildcards: Ravens,Broncos

NFC
49ers
Saints
Cowboys
Bears
Wildcards:Seahawks,Packers

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
LOL just wait bearfan. When we own you in week 3, come talk to me. Oh and Bengals, we have one of the best o-lines in the NFL, I don't no what you are talking about. And no consistant deep threat? are you serious? T.O. and Terry Glenn not a deep threat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And Julius Jones and Marion Barber are more than enough at RB with our o-line.

Hahahaha...you think your offensive line is good!?!? Oh this is a riot!!

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:36 PM

Your offensive line is questionable at best. T.O. dropped more passes than any other player in the NFL last season. How's that for a consistant deep threat? Barber is a far better back than Jones yet Jones gets the majority of the carries.

How's this for a hole? A quarterback who can actually put the ball on the ground for a kicker.

Paul
Achilles......quit now before it gets worse.

I guess the rest of the forum hasn't figured it out. Achilles = Tnew, new name.

Shiver
Hahahaha...you think your offensive line is good!?!? Oh this is a riot!!

But they added Leonard Davis!!!1!

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Are you kidding me? You don't think this is good:

Adams-Kosiar-Gurode-Davis-Colombo

The only player that isn't good is Kosiar, and he is average. Adams is fully recovered from his ACL injury and he is only going to be better. Gurode and Colombo's play spoke for itself last year and they will only get better, and Davis at Guard, OMG I can't wait. Dominance.

Oh wow Ewing, you got me with the holder comment.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I guess the rest of the forum hasn't figured it out. Achilles = Tnew, new name.

Lol, now that youve made it public, his rep is gonna get raped again. He might as well go back to the old sn. I always got a kick out of seeing the 4 red squares.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:38 PM
LOL just wait bearfan. When we own you in week 3, come talk to me. Oh and Bengals, we have one of the best o-lines in the NFL, I don't no what you are talking about. And no consistant deep threat? are you serious? T.O. and Terry Glenn not a deep threat? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And Julius Jones and Marion Barber are more than enough at RB with our o-line.

They dont have a hole on the roster but none of the names jump out at you either, except maybe roy williams and demarcus ware.

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:38 PM
But they added Leonard Davis!!!1!

Dallas paid da money
I saved da money
50 million buys a lot Twinkies and Ding Dongs

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Achilles, just think about this.

Just consider it.

How can a team with no holes not make the playoffs the past 2 years?

Edit: WHOOPS, I forgot about the infamous fumble in Seattle. My bad.

Still.... *hand*

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:40 PM

The only player that isn't good is Kosiar, and he is average. Adams is fully recovered from his ACL injury and he is only going to be better. Gurode and Colombo's play spoke for itself last year and they will only get better, and Davis at Guard, OMG I can't wait. Dominance.

How are you going to make game winning field goals that advance you to the next round of the playoffs if you have overrated pretty boys like Tony Romo as your holder?

Achilles33
Are you kidding bengals? Newman is a top 3 CB. T.O. i s a top 3 WR. We have a top 3 o-line, ands our defense will be top 3 as well. I will let their play speak for themselves.

Ewing, who cares about that holder crap.

Anyway, BBD, first of all we have gotten better, and we did make the playoffs last year by the way. But the real reason is the man you quote in your sig, Bill Parcells. He held us back so much it wasn't even funny. Now Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett will unleash us. 14-2 is easily obtainable.

bearsfan_51

No, I don't think that's good. Gurode is the only player on that line worth giving a crab about.

I would rank the Cowboys line about 20th out of 32 teams.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Are you kidding bengals? Newman is a top 3 CB. T.O. i s a top 3 WR. We have a top 3 o-line, ands our defense will be top 3 as well. I will let their play speak for themselves.
Good, then shut up.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM

ok maybe i see your TO argumen, but Tnew isnt top 5 imo. but i dont wanna turn this into a tnew is good/bad thread. no way you have a top 3 oline or defense.

iowatreat54
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
NFC East- Eagles
NFC North- I have no idea last year at this time las year I would have said bears but the QB is shaky and inconsistent, the #1 WR is old, the OL is prehistoric, Lance Briggs is on his way out, and Mike Brown is often injured, as is Cedric Benson who is now their #1 RB.
NFC South- Saints
NFC West- 49ers

AFC East- Patriots
AFC North- Ravens
AFC South- Colts
AFC West- Broncos or Chargers to close to call

Benson is often injured? Is there a different Cedric Benson that's our RB or am I missing something...

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 06:44 PM

Anyway, BBD, first of all we have gotten better, and we did make the playoffs last year by the way. But the real reason is the man you quote in your sig, Bill Parcells. He held us back so much it wasn't even funny. Now Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett will unleash us. 14-2 is easily obtainable.

If your DEs don't develop, that defense is still gonna be bottom tier.

Your DEs development is far more important than anything Wade brings to the table.

TO is gonna chew Wade up and spit him out.

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Newman is easily top 3, and so is our defense. What don't you get that Parcells held us back. We should have been a top 3 defense last year. Wade Phillips will unleash them. 60+ sacks, just like San Diego last year. And BBD, the best poster on this site, and a Giants fan, knows Newman is top 3. Our o-line is going to be dominant as well. Kosiar is average, that is about the only weak link. Everyone else should be great.

princefielder28
05-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Benson is often injured? Is there a different Cedric Benson that's our RB or am I missing something...

Most be b/c I don't think he's thinking of the Cedric Benson from Texas

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:46 PM

Newman is a good corner, top ten for sure, but to say he's top three is blind homerism. How can Owens be a top three WR when he dropped more passes than anybody in the NFL last year? Explain that to me.

Who cares? Probably all the fans and players who watched that overrated piece of **** lose the game for you guys.

neko4

fangirls????

SeanTaylorRIP
Newman is easily top 3, and so is our defense. What don't you get that Parcells held us back. We should have been a top 3 defense last year. Wade Phillips will unleash them. 60+ sacks, just like San Diego last year. And BBD, the best poster on this site, and a Giants fan, knows Newman is top 3.

You are real subtle in your team support.

princefielder28
05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Newman is easily top 3, and so is our defense. What don't you get that Parcells held us back. We should have been a top 3 defense last year. Wade Phillips will unleash them. 60+ sacks, just like San Diego last year. And BBD, the best poster on this site, and a Giants fan, knows Newman is top 3.

Top 3 is tough to say, he's a very solid CB but to say top 3 is putting him in elite company in this league and I don't think he's that good.

iowatreat54
Bears, Ravens, Pats, Chargers, Dolphins...theres 5 Defenses all ahead of Dallas...I could name more?

Achilles33
Newman is top 3. I don't know what you are talking about. And I don't care abou tthe drops T.O. had, he led the league in TDs. Oh and did you forget he had a torn ligament in 1 finger, and a broken hand?

Oh and the chargers aren't better anymore without wade phillips, and the dolphins? are you serious.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
So Ghetto-

Was the awful O-line comment an emotional exaggeration?

neko4
Newman is a good corner, top ten for sure, but to say he's top three is blind homerism. How can Owens be a top three WR when he dropped more passes than anybody in the NFL last year? Explain that to me.

Who cares? Probably all the fans and players who watched that overrated piece of **** lose the game for you guys.

Great points
How does TO beat out
CHad johnson
steve smith
Marvin Harrison
ANqun Boldin

kalbears13

Yeah my joke thread is gettin quite large isn't it. And it's not a joke. Anything's possible.

I'm sure if I put New Orleans winning their division and getting a first round bye one year ago you all would have thought I was nuts.

princefielder28
Bears, Ravens, Pats, Chargers, Dolphins...theres 5 Defenses all ahead of Dallas...I could name more?

The secondary for Dallas is what will hurt their ability to be a top 5 defense in the league

Ewing

Broncos, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Eagles.

iowatreat54
05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Most be b/c I don't think he's thinking of the Cedric Benson from Texas

yea I mean in like 7 years of college/pro football he's been injured like 3 times max...that's alot

neko4
05-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Broncos, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Eagles.

Green Bay :)
Homer pick

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:50 PM

steelers, eagles, jaguars, vikings, and maybe the 49ers off the top of my head.

iowatreat54
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes achilles the Dolphins...Jason Taylor will play by himself and dominate compared to the Cowboys...and then he will eat Newman's babies

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Great points
How does TO beat out
CHad johnson
steve smith
Marvin Harrison
ANqun Boldin

and how does Tnew beat out champ, mathis, mcalister, samuel, and clements?

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:53 PM
The Secondary won't hinder as at all. They are great. They only looked bad because we didn't have a pass rush when Ellis went down, and now with Wade Phillips, and Anthony Spencer, we will have a dominant pass rush, making the secondary amazing. Pass rush makes a secondary. It doesn't matter who you have back there, if there is no pass rush, everyone will get torched. That is why I hold Chris McAlister and Ed Reed with a grain of salt, because of the pass rush they get.

And Bengals, Clements is a joke. Get him out of there right away. Don't let his contract fool you. Samuel is a 1 year wonder with a lot of picks, and I don't value picks that highly so the jury is still out of him for me, and Mathis, just no, people just look at him because of INTs as well. McAlister and Bailey are better, that is about it.

neko4
05-03-2007, 06:53 PM
and how does Tnew beat out champ, mathis, mcalister, samuel, and clements?

exactly, and there are a few more that you could argue are a bit better

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Newman is top 3. I don't know what you are talking about. And I don't care abou tthe drops T.O. had, he led the league in TDs. Oh and did you forget he had a torn ligament in 1 finger, and a broken hand?

Oh and the chargers aren't better anymore without wade phillips, and the dolphins? are you serious.

If Newman is top three who are the other two? I would like to know.

You don't care about the drops TO had? How can you possibly say that? Had he not dropped those passes in critical situations the Cowboys would have won the division and been playing at home in the playoffs. Jesus Christ, you're a ****ing moron.

iowatreat54
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
So because McAlister and Reed get a good pass rush then they look good so it's kinda tainted...but if the Cowboys get a good pass rush it will make your secondary amazing? how does that work...

Ewing
05-03-2007, 06:55 PM
The Secondary won't hinder as at all. They are great. They only looked bad because we didn't have a pass rush when Ellis went down, and now with Wade Phillips, and Anthony Spencer, we will have a dominant pass rush, making the secondary amazing. Pass rush makes a secondary. It doesn't matter who you have back there, if there is no pass rush, everyone will get torched. That is why I hold Chris McAlister and Ed Reed with a grain of salt, because of the pass rush they get.

You're a ****ing moron. Oh wait, I already said that.

neko4
05-03-2007, 06:55 PM
If Newman is top three who are the other two? I would like to know.

You don't care about the drops TO had? How can you possibly say that? Had he not dropped those passes in critical situations the Cowboys would have won the division and been playing at home in the playoffs. Jesus Christ, you're a ****ing moron.

Definitly, I was at that great Skins game where he dropped the possible game winner

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
He had a freakin broken hand.

Achilles33
05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
You're a ****ing moron. Oh wait, I already said that.

SO your saying the pass rush doesn't help them a lot. Pass rush makes DBs. That is how it is, and alsways will be.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 06:58 PM
SO your saying the pass rush doesn't help them a lot. Pass rush makes DBs. That is how it is, and alsways will be.
im pretty sure talent and desire make DBs, just like any other football position.

iowatreat54
05-03-2007, 06:59 PM

The Colts last year were last against the run yet 2nd against the pass...not saying that you aren't right or that those stats mean everything but...

Ewing
05-03-2007, 07:00 PM

It helps but Bailey has no pass rush and is the best corner in the league. Explain that.

neko4
05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
He had a freakin broken hand.

And thats supposed to explain all his drops

BTW does anyone know a site that keeps track of dropped passes

Watchman
05-03-2007, 07:03 PM
AFC

East - Miami
North - Cleveland
South - Houston
West - Oakland

NFC

East - Washington
North - Detroit
South - Tampa
West - Arizona

What!? It could happen.

neko4
05-03-2007, 07:04 PM
AFC

East - Miami
North - Cleveland
South - Houston
West - Oakland

NFC

East - Washington
North - Detroit
South - Tampa
West - Arizona

What!? It could happen.

I think ARI has a great chance

scottyboy
05-03-2007, 07:18 PM
so can we all just agree that achillies and GRF bring out the worst in other posters(emotionally) and are tremendous homers, and that nobody here can predict all the division winners because anything can happen, especially injuries

Paul
05-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Alright, from a somewhat rationale Cowboys Fan.

Offense:
Honestly we had only one real upgrade on offense and it was a major one. Marco Rivera was absolutely horrid last year, replacing him Leonard will solidify our O-line. Gurode is a stud, Colombo played great and earned his check, Kosier is serviceable at worst, and Leonard will seem like a god send after a year of Rivera. The wild card is Flozell, at times last year he looked like the pro-bowler of past, and at others he looked terrible. If he can stay healthy and be consistent I really believe the Cowboys O-line will be very good. I have all the trust in Romo, he is legit. He has experience now, and you can't deny he can lead a team. Just look at Giants and Colts game of last year. He showed great leadership and composure. Hell you can throw in that Washington game we should of won, if it wasn't for a dropped pass and a whiffed block. So yes Romo is foreal IMO. Add that with a supporting cast like MBIII. Julius Jones(contract year), Witten, Glenn And TO, I see the Dallas offense can be Top 10 caliber.

Defense:
We got absolutely exposed by Brees and Sean Peyton, late in the year and other teams took note. Speed was not our forte. But personnel wise, we addressed our needs. We have a experienced FS in Hamlin with Roy, and not some Rookie(Pat Watkins) or Roy Williams Jr. (Keith Davis) out there now. That is a major plus. We also added someone opposite of Ware in Anthony Spencer, who I hope can form one hell of a tandem. We really do have great depth at LB, a bunch of guys at Phillip's disposal. My real concern, as stated before, is our D-line. Spears has underachieved, and our depth at NT really scares me. But we do have some hidden jewels in Ratliff and Hatcher, who at times really out played there counterparts. If Spears and Canty can comeback from there sophomore slump, and Ferguson doesn’t get hurt, dear god I hope he doesn’t get hurt, I would feel much better about that aspect of our D. But we do have playmakers, if Roy, Newman and Ware play up to there ability and there strengths, I cannot see why this can’t be in the upper tier of the league.

Now, NFC East is a tough division, as it was last year, even though most of the teams underachieved. Each and every team is loaded with talent. There isn’t really a clear cut winner IMO. It’s gonna be fun year to watch though that’s for sure. I’m Ready

bantx
05-03-2007, 07:49 PM
man east is going to be tough next year, not worried about the giants but washington..i hate the redskins but i want to see the duo in the back both great hitters i will feel sorry for the wrs that have to run a post or a drag with them lurking behind them but oh well

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Bantx/Pictures/1a0db56b.gif

Ewing
05-03-2007, 07:52 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Bantx/Pictures/1a0db56b.gif

Break it down Stalin!

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 07:54 PM
That's Hitler

bored of education
05-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Stalin LOLLLLL wow.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
That's Hitler

lmao, for some reason i found that hilarious....

scottyboy
05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
That's Hitler

its hitler, than coughlin. thats how it goes

WMD
05-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Quit Stalin and show us your Marx.

neko4
05-03-2007, 08:05 PM
One thing i still wonder about Romo is, if he is just another Samkon Gado. Sure they play two diff. positions, but as you recall Gado played great down the stretch but now hes on the TExans and more than likely contemplating retiremnet to become a doctor

skinzzfan25
05-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Definitly, I was at that great Skins game where he dropped the possible game winner

I peed myself.

In laughter :D

TO's hand was fine, he was just tired of being tossed around like a rag doll from ST.

sweetness34
05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
T.O. has been one of the league leaders in drops the past couple seasons, his fingers weren't the main reason he was dropping so many passes.

Smooth Criminal
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna say

NE
Indy
Pitt
SD

Chi
Atl
Phi
SF

The Unseen
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
That's Hitler

pwn3d.....

niel89
05-03-2007, 08:55 PM
i find these homer posters funny:D

Newman is easily top 3, and so is our defense. What don't you get that Parcells held us back. We should have been a top 3 defense last year. Wade Phillips will unleash them. 60+ sacks, just like San Diego last year. And BBD, the best poster on this site, and a Giants fan, knows Newman is top 3. Our o-line is going to be dominant as well. Kosiar is average, that is about the only weak link. Everyone else should be great.

Bengals1690
05-03-2007, 09:03 PM
im having a hard time finding the video of Tnew geting laid out vs the colts....can anyone help?

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM

wow you are freaking hilarious

eaglesfan_45
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
this has turned into a homer thread

Ewing
05-03-2007, 11:05 PM
That's Hitler

It was moving too god damn fast for me to tell anyway.

Neo
05-04-2007, 12:42 AM
That cowboy fans faith in his team is kind of cute in a way, but really when it comes to the NFC east its hard to make an arguement for a team other than the eagles to win the division. They went 5-1 in the division last year(and the loss was the ridiculous colaspe), sure they got swept in 05' but there were cicumstances that i am pretty sure everyone in the world was aware, including front yard crunches. They swept the division in 2004. Won it in 2003 and 2002.

The eagles have looked like they have improved on defense, and i dont know if anybody noticed but last year the eagles had one of the best offenses in the NFL and led the league with 6.2 yards per play.

Best QB and Coaching in the division... also the best runningback (screw portis, plus the redskins really arent relevent to this dicussion because they are destined to continual failure)... i just dont see a logical argument for the cowboys

Tubby
05-04-2007, 12:46 AM
this has turned into a homer thread

Anybody who is picking the Cards, Rams, or 49ers should either A) watch football or B) stop watching football.

Whichever one you're already doing, do the opposite.

Watchman
05-04-2007, 12:54 AM
I think ARI has a great chance

Worst to first for every team.

Ewing
05-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Anybody who is picking the Cards, Rams, or 49ers should either A) watch football or B) stop watching football.

When the Seahawks miss the playoffs I'm going to laugh so hard.

BengalsPwn
05-04-2007, 02:55 AM
regardless if he sucks or not, you will still be able to run through the bengals and browns. and you will be able to stop them from running and probably us. mcNair is the same QB as last year and that got yall the division. chad johnson can sit and spin, no way is he the best WR in the game. he is lucky last year he had his 2 or 3 big games other than that he had a mediocre year. and i won't believe that Cincy's D is ready to take the next step until i see it. we were saying the same thing about the D last year but no improvments.

All you CJ haters. CJ has just led the best conference in football (AFC) in receiving each of the past 4 seasons. When you show me anyone else with remotely anywhere near that production then talk.

neko4
05-04-2007, 04:45 AM
All you CJ haters. CJ has just led the best conference in football (AFC) in receiving each of the past 4 seasons. When you show me anyone else with remotely anywhere near that production then talk.

Great Point.
I dont think hes better than Steve Smith, but its definitly close and to underestimate Chad would be stupid

Shiver
05-04-2007, 04:52 AM

Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt would disagree.

duckseason
05-04-2007, 05:00 AM

Let me get this straight- you're saying that Chad's huge games last year were a result of luck? Care to explain? Does this "luck" apply to other players who post gaudy stats from time to time? Sure Chad struggled at times last year. His entire team did. No player goes through a full season without suffering some low points. I think Chad's consistency over the course of his career has earned him a spot in the conversation of top 5 WR's. And those mondo games he had last year only reinforce that supposition.

stl9erfan
05-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Tubby, if you legitimately think the Seahawks have a stranglehold on that division, you really need to wake up. How, exactly, have they improved in the past two years since their Super Bowl run? Meanwhile, every other team in the division is making big strides forward. The NFC West is 100% up for grabs this season.

terribletowel39
05-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Let me get this straight- you're saying that Chad's huge games last year were a result of luck? Care to explain? Does this "luck" apply to other players who post gaudy stats from time to time? Sure Chad struggled at times last year. His entire team did. No player goes through a full season without suffering some low points. I think Chad's consistency over the course of his career has earned him a spot in the conversation of top 5 WR's. And those mondo games he had last year only reinforce that supposition.
no i wasn't saying that those games were lucky, i was saying that him having 2-3 big games was lucky and that catapulted him to the top. i believe i said that he wasn't the best WR in the league. and he isn't. he is in the conversation of top 5 but i would put him right at 5 if i put him in the top 5. he is just in the conversation though. both ARI guys, both IND guys, S. Smith, Holt, A. Johnson, R. Williams all those guys are in the conversation of top 5. and i am probably forgetting some guys. but all of the obviously can't be in the top 5. believe me i think he is good, i was just giving my opinion that i didn't think he was the best WR in the league. whenever i said what you quoted.

duckseason
05-04-2007, 05:38 PM
no i wasn't saying that those games were lucky, i was saying that him having 2-3 big games was lucky and that catapulted him to the top. i believe i said that he wasn't the best WR in the league. and he isn't. he is in the conversation of top 5 but i would put him right at 5 if i put him in the top 5. he is just in the conversation though. both ARI guys, both IND guys, S. Smith, Holt, A. Johnson, R. Williams all those guys are in the conversation of top 5. and i am probably forgetting some guys. but all of the obviously can't be in the top 5. believe me i think he is good, i was just giving my opinion that i didn't think he was the best WR in the league. whenever i said what you quoted.
I hear you. But I'm confused as to what you mean about those few games being lucky. Was he lucky or not? First you say he was, and now you say that's not what you meant, but then in the same breath you say that those games were lucky.

terribletowel39
05-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I hear you. But I'm confused as to what you mean about those few games being lucky. Was he lucky or not? First you say he was, and now you say that's not what you meant, but then in the same breath you say that those games were lucky.
haha yea i know what you mean. what i am trying to say is confusing. he had a down year, we can all agree with that. the only reason he led the league is because of those 2-3 games so in a way i guess i am saying he is lucky that game with SD went into a shootout, because thats a whole lot of his yards. and after the SD game his other two big games were against NO and the brownies. and we all know there CB's suck. all the other 13 games from last season he averaged like 50 yrds a game. which isn't the production you should be getting from "the best WR in the league."

duckseason
05-04-2007, 06:02 PM
haha yea i know what you mean. what i am trying to say is confusing. he had a down year, we can all agree with that. the only reason he led the league is because of those 2-3 games so in a way i guess i am saying he is lucky that game with SD went into a shootout, because thats a whole lot of his yards. and after the SD game his other two big games were against NO and the brownies. and we all know there CB's suck. all the other 13 games from last season he averaged like 50 yrds a game. which isn't the production you should be getting from "the best WR in the league."
Yeah, I getcha. But let's not forget that it takes a great WR to have those kind of games in the NFL. I mean, you could say the exact same things about most players. Stats are certainly misleading at times because of many factors. Like shootouts and whatnot. But, he played nearly the same schedule as your Steelers. I mean, who's to say that he wasn't unlucky? What if the reason why he had so many mediocre games this year was because of opposite circumstances as those he enjoyed in those big games? What if the mondo games are more indicative of his talent level than the off-games he had? We don't know. All we have to go off is what we see these players do on the field, and their stats to act as a rough guideline. To try to decipher who faced the easiest competition from week to week is impossible. There are only 32 teams. The playing field is pretty level for comparison. It's not like comparing Garrett Wolfe to Darren McFadden.

terribletowel39
05-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I getcha. But let's not forget that it takes a great WR to have those kind of games in the NFL. I mean, you could say the exact same things about most players. Stats are certainly misleading at times because of many factors. Like shootouts and whatnot. But, he played nearly the same schedule as your Steelers. I mean, who's to say that he wasn't unlucky? What if the reason why he had so many mediocre games this year was because of opposite circumstances as those he enjoyed in those big games? What if the mondo games are more indicative of his talent level than the off-games he had? We don't know. All we have to go off is what we see these players do on the field, and their stats to act as a rough guideline. To try to decipher who faced the easiest competition from week to week is impossible. There are only 32 teams. The playing field is pretty level for comparison. It's not like comparing Garrett Wolfe to Darren McFadden.
i agree with most of what you say but not entirely. Chris Chambers had a couple of 200+yrd games a couple of seasons ago and no one considers him a top WR by any means. besides that i don't know why we are going back and forth it seems like we both agree that Chad is a very good WR.

and it's Wolfe all the way. Wolfe is the next Barry Sanders. <---sarcasm, just to clarify.

05-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt would disagree.

Holt is NFC

WMD
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC West: Denver Broncos
Wild Cards: San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles
NFC North: Chicago Bears
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons
NFC West: St. Louis Rams
Wild Cards: Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Mark it down!

Er... well... I picked 5 Playoff teams right, at least...

Just thought I'd bump this up to have fun with the terribly wrong and terribly correct predictions and guarantees.

jballa838
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
your up in Comedian Draft.
and i never did this.
But nice Falcons Pick

Boston
12-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Er... well... I picked 5 Playoff teams right, at least...

Just thought I'd bump this up to have fun with the terribly wrong and terribly correct predictions and guarantees.

Ouch. It'd be best to forget that one...

Go_Eagles77
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
NFC

E-Eagles
N-Bears
W-49ers
S-Saints
WC-Cowboys, Falcons

AFC

E-Pats
N-Bengals
W-Chargers
S-Colts
WC-Titans, Jets

Yikes... not good

NYGibril28
12-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Yikes. Easily a Top 5 offensive line in the league this year. At least as far as run blocking. Diehl was really the only one who struggled in pass protection.

yo123
12-31-2007, 12:41 AM
so, Achilles ended up being right about the Cowboys. Maybe not about Newman and the line, but he predicted 14-2 and they ended up 13-3

critesy
12-31-2007, 12:53 AM

What about dlines?

Id say NYG and Philly are 1 and 2 in this aspect. So Philly is strong on both lines, has a scheme that can expose weaknesses in all our defenses, and is easily the best coached team of the group.

Sounds like the odds are in their favor to me.

he was wrong about something!?!? :eek:

The Dynasty
12-31-2007, 12:59 AM
AFC East - Pats
AFC North - Ravens
AFC South - Colts
AFC West - Broncos

NFC East - Eagles
NFC North - Bears
NFC South - Panthers
NFC West - Rams

well... 2 of 8....Ouch.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Ghettosermon got called a homer by GRF on the first page.pretty funny.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-31-2007, 04:20 AM

AFC West= San Diego

Almost nailed the AFC, little bit off in the NFC though I nailed the Packers!

scottyboy
12-31-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm not gonna lie, the Giants showed up a lot of people. it's hard for me to say this... but... GRF... was kinda right?

wow, that sounds too weird

The Unseen
12-31-2007, 08:03 AM
AFC

Norte - Bengals. I think they had a bit of a down year, but are still an overall good team. They will still have a dangerous offense, and their defense I think will begin to come around.

Sur - Colts. I wanna be a homer so badly on this one, but I'm going with the safe pick. The Jaguars passing game is simply an enigma, while the Colts is not (duh).

Este - Patriots. That they made a big splash in free agency is an understatement. They already were a division champion, now their shooting to be a Super Bowl champion.

Oeste - Broncos. Jay Cutler can only improve, and I like the moves on their defense.

NFC

Norte - Bears. I don't see change here, but I've got one of those feelings that it won't be as easy as the past two years due to the Packers.

Sur - Panthers. To be different. DeAngelo Williams will be a star, and they've always had good players on defense.

Este - Eagles. McNabb will have a great year as the team repeats their title.

Oeste - Seahawks. They win in a close fight with the improved 49ers. I've got this feeling about the Rams, though...

Yeah, I had a bad feeling in my stomach about the Rams...*cough*

Three is pretty crappy. I managed to pick the Seahawks over the 49ers even with the 49ers hype, but it seems I bought into said hype reading my comment.

dRaFtDoRk
12-31-2007, 08:06 AM
I made .500, which is good enough for me...