PDA

View Full Version : For what it is worth.

richdg
05-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I just read a story about odds for next years Super Bowl. There were 13 teams with better odds than us. I know, it means nothing. But a little tid bit none the less.

Smooth Criminal
05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Thats about what I would expect. While this team is talented there are some issues and we have a rookie coach. Not the best odds for getting to a Superbowl.

Colts number 1?

terribletowel39
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
just curious but do you have a link of that??

richdg
05-03-2007, 05:53 PM
It was in the "Rumors" section on Fox Sport . com, NE was the most favored by the way.

Smooth Criminal
05-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I should have guessed that. People buy into all their FA signings.

mikehop05
05-03-2007, 08:56 PM
so wait, what were our odds?

DeathbyStat
05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I'd say 50-1 or 75-1

Mr. Stiller
05-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I expect a huge jump.. with us playing the fledgling NFC West and the AFC East...

I won't say we'll crush everyone... but I can't see anything less than 9-7...

mikehop05
05-04-2007, 12:52 AM
give me 20$ on us

at 50 - 1 odds... ill def take 1000 payout

richdg
05-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't like the matchups agianst the NFC West. Seattle is a very good team, The Rams throw the ball around vs. our secondary with many questions, the Cards are much improved and loaded at WR/QB. Those are not easy games.

skarocksoi
05-04-2007, 09:16 AM
I think we should do fine against them. Seattle is on a downward slide and the Rams are rather overrated. The Cards are getting better, but not good enough to be a real force. The real team to watch out for are the 49'ers, who have been building momentum with a lot of late wins last year and have had 2 spectacular drafts the past two years as well. Plus they killed in FA. They could legitimately make the playoffs next year.

Mr. Stiller
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't like the matchups agianst the NFC West. Seattle is a very good team, The Rams throw the ball around vs. our secondary with many questions, the Cards are much improved and loaded at WR/QB. Those are not easy games.

Seattle is the same team that we beat in the superbowl in one of our worst games of the season.. Hell even Ike Taylor caught an INT.

They lost Steve Hutchinson... and We have 2 young pass rushers that will actually get pressure on Hasselbeck.

the Rams throw the ball around a lot.. the only guy on that team that worries me is Torry Holt. We can shut Jackson down.. and Bruce is clearly on the decline. I don't think their defense is stout enough for us.

The Cards still haven't fixed that Oline up enough, and their defense is still weak in the front 7..

49ers, if the chemistry is there.. will be tough.. again The only guy that scares me is Vernon Davis.. He's fast and even though he's undersized at TE.. he's powerful.. Gore doesn't scare me.

DeathbyStat
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
These teams teams might not be a problem....but there is no doubt these are teams on the rise except for Seattle.

mikehop05
05-07-2007, 11:59 AM
only team that i am worried about are the cardinals in that division, mainly because they are the only team that doesnt rely on the run to set up the pass

rams a little maybe but they have been going in the direction of stephen jackson lately

terribletowel39
05-07-2007, 12:57 PM
none of the west teams really concern me. st. louis is going towards jackson carrying more of the offense and arizona still just has a sophmore at QB the probably will throw the most, 49ers have frank gore and well no RB scares me, alex smith still isn't near good enough to scare me. and seahawks?? blah, they are nobodies. all they really have is alexander and like i said before no RB in the NFL scares me when coming up against our run D.

mikehop05
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
only reason arizona scares me is that they will throw 40+ times against us, and in the past couple years that has been our weakness

richdg
05-07-2007, 01:49 PM
All teams that through a lot give us trouble.

Mr. Stiller
05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
only reason arizona scares me is that they will throw 40+ times against us, and in the past couple years that has been our weakness

Matt Leinart doesn't have an overly powerful Arm, they don't have the fast fast receivers or the really BIG Wr's that give us issues. I think Ike/McFadden/***/Coke can really stymie them.. plus Anthony Smith had 2 Int's in 3 games.. he's going to be sick.. Plus, with Timmons and Woodley (Woodley beating up on Levi Brown in the pro's), i do'nt think Leinart will be comfortable.