PDA

View Full Version : Briggs to Skins not Dead

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't have a link but I have a former roommate who is a writer at the Washington Times and apparently the Skins are still inquiring about offering possibly a 3rd rounder and LeMar Marshall for Lance Briggs, so stay tuned.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 06:48 PM
We wouldn't take a 1st rounder, but we're going to take a 3rd rounder and a piece of monkey crap like Marshall?

Tell your friend to lay off the funny stuff.

regoob2
05-03-2007, 07:06 PM
no thanks, make it next years first and marshall.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
no thanks, make it next years first and marshall.
I'm not sure I'd take that either.

Future picks are devalued a full round. Honestly that rumor is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Really really dumb.

awfullyquiet
05-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure I'd take that either.

Future picks are devalued a full round. Honestly that rumor is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Really really dumb.

devalued shmevalued.

i would stockpile future year first round picks like crazy if i was a GM. because, hell, i can almost see the pats reloading with all their first round picks they keep on getting.

and besides JA can just trade down, trade around. get goods.
i mean, if there really comes a stand out player next year (relative) in the top five on the board. two first rounders is much leverage.

regoob2
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
i would do it for there first. ya it is devalued but a year from now it wont be and i cant imagine them making the playoffs or anywhere near that so it would be a top 20 pick at worst. a top 20 and marshall can play wlb for a year or 2 until our youngsters develop.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't take it, but I would give it a very long thought.

We're trying to win now, and with no leverage Briggs will eventually be back. If we trade him, we're severly sacrificing our chances at a return to the Superbowl.

sweetness34
05-03-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't have a link but I have a former roommate who is a writer at the Washington Times and apparently the Skins are still inquiring about offering possibly a 3rd rounder and LeMar Marshall for Lance Briggs, so stay tuned.

That is like a slap in the face to Jerry Angelo and our organization. Go to hell Snyder.

McBain
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
That is like a slap in the face to Jerry Angelo and our organization. Go to hell Snyder.

It's nice to be on the other end of face slapping for once.

evershot
05-04-2007, 07:30 AM

That's a horrible offer. The Bears are better off holding on to lance for this year to help them win the superbowl because I think regardless the Bears are almost guarunteed a third round pick via a compensatory pick if the lose Lance in FA.

That deal would be essentially LeMar Marshall for Lance Briggs straight up.

Some one LOCK this thread until there is actual proof.

bearsfan_51
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
It's nice to be on the other end of face slapping for once.
Why? We're not going to take that ****** deal. I doubt it's even real. The day that Dan Synder pulls one over on Angelo it'll be a cold day in hell. Angelo actually understands football. He played it, he's scouted it, he's coached it. Snyder made a bunch of money in marketing and thought it would be neato to own and run a franchise.

By the way, you should bring back your Tecmo Bowl sig. I loved that ****.

Hurricane Ditka
05-04-2007, 12:18 PM
That's a horrible offer. The Bears are better off holding on to lance for this year to help them win the superbowl because I think regardless the Bears are almost guarunteed a third round pick via a compensatory pick if the lose Lance in FA.

That deal would be essentially LeMar Marshall for Lance Briggs straight up.

Some one LOCK this thread until there is actual proof.That would be my Job.

OhioState
05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
i might take mcintosh and thier first next year but not this deal

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I think they will be picking in the top 5 next year without Briggs.

With Briggs probably just out of the top 10.

I would trade Briggs for WASH '08 1st and another mid round pick.

It would give us all 3 teams to root for all year:

The Bears obviously, Whoever plays the Redskins, and whoever plays the Packers.

Yung Flippa
05-04-2007, 07:41 PM
deng. it went from a 1st round pick, 6th overall to a 3rd rounder?

major dropoff!

McBain
05-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Why? We're not going to take that ****** deal. I doubt it's even real. The day that Dan Synder pulls one over on Angelo it'll be a cold day in hell. Angelo actually understands football. He played it, he's scouted it, he's coached it. Snyder made a bunch of money in marketing and thought it would be neato to own and run a franchise.

By the way, you should bring back your Tecmo Bowl sig. I loved that ****.

Oh i know, but it's still nice to be on the face slapping side of any deal, even if it's not real. It seems like any rumor floated around with the redskins involved has us getting raped, so it's nice to be the rapists for once. Snyder has gotten alot smarter in recent years, i think.

I loved it too, but photobucket deleted it or whatever and it wasn't saved to my hardrive.