PDA

View Full Version : Will Brodie start

bored of education
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
seriously, i think he 'could' be something special. rifle arm, intelligent, enough mobility, never had the weapons around him nor the line.

who really thing he will beat out huard in for the position?

Huard isa game manager type guy, but not a leader/winner. but thats just how i feel.

BPhilb
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
seriously, i think he 'could' be something special. rifle arm, intelligent, enough mobility, never had the weapons around him nor the line.

who really thing he will beat out huard in for the position?

Huard isa game manager type guy, but not a leader/winner. but thats just how i feel.

I think Herm is wanting him to win the job. He showed some flashes last preseason, but you could tell he was overwhelmed. If I were a betting man I would say Huard would start and hold the job up until the point where things look bleak (if that point ever came). It's going to be an interesting training camp battle though.

T-RICH49
05-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I would let Huard start this year then next year in the draft address the O-Line to give Brodie a real chance he has never had a decent OL before

Raiderz4Life
05-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I think he should...Im a huge Croyle fan. I wanted him on The Raiders but i would love to see this kid tear it up. I think he could given a good line and supporting cast.

Splat
05-04-2007, 07:56 AM
I think if Croyle has a good camp and pre season he will lock it up for sure Herm talks him up all the time Huard will have to play lights out in pre season to start. I say let the best man win the job I don't want to see any one get the job with out fighting for it.

villagewarrior
05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I think if Herm is serious about this team getting younger than Brodie has to be the starter. We have to find out if he is the long term answer at that spot, and the sooner we find out the better.

eazyb81
05-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Trent Green just did an interview on 810 and stated that Brodie is set to receive 80% of the snaps in training camp and the QB "competition" will be severely weighted in his favor. Thus, Green wants to get traded to Miami so he will have the chance to be a starter.

I thought we would bring Croyle along slowly this year, but i'm starting to believe Herm is going to throw the kid out there to see what he can do. If he bombs, Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan will be available in next year's draft.

Splat
05-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm a huge Croyle fan but I'm a bigger fan of winning if he is not ready I don't want to throw him out there just to throw him out there.

bored of education
05-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, if he all of a sudden hasthe offense down to a science and believes he is ready, and herm feels the same. Then I'll got with him, but I'd like for him to be at least 88% prepared/ready.

Splat
05-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Nice Sig BOE + rep.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-05-2007, 02:17 AM
I think Croyle could be a very good starting QB in the NFL.HE has everything that it takes to be one.

iKNOW
05-08-2007, 05:21 AM
who is brodie?

seriously though, this guy didnt really set the world on fire in college (2300-2400 yards and 15tds). just curious on what makes anyone think he can be good in the NFL?

the chiefs need a QB. brodie = young huard.

Hermstheman83
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20060409145330/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/brodiecroyle.html

Your right though, we should base NFL draft prospects strictly based on production in College...Like Ryan Leaf for example, who had the second highest passer rating in College when he declared for the draft. Or how about Tom Brady? Brodie has a cannon for an arm and can launch the ball downfield and he has "the tools to play in the NFL if he can stay out of the trainers room"...a Young Huard...give me a break dude...

supermario86
05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
He really should start.

adschofield
05-08-2007, 09:47 PM
who is brodie?

seriously though, this guy didnt really set the world on fire in college (2300-2400 yards and 15tds). just curious on what makes anyone think he can be good in the NFL?

He had a horrible O-line at Alabama...Hmmm... Brodie should be right at home.

neko4
05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
He had a horrible O-line at Alabama...Hmmm... Brodie should be right at home.

And he was hurt(as a result of the OL), so his numbers are deflated.

eazyb81
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
He'll definitely take over the starting role at some point this season, but for some reason I don't see him starting from Day 1.

Also, I am still paranoid that he will be injury-prone due to his skinny frame, so that could hurt his development. One thing is for sure, Herm wants him to be the starter. It's a lot easier to get playing time when the head coach is lobbying for you.

JoeyHeisman
05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
who is brodie?

You won't do much of anything in a Mike Shula offense. And as everyone has said, the offensive line in '05 was horrendous, especially when the only senior went down with a major knee injury halfway through the year. With what he had that year, Brodie was awesome. There's just not much you can do when you're getting sacked before you finish your 3 step drop, which happened about 12 times against Auburn.

Hermstheman83
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Exactly, Look at David Carr, first overall pick by the Texans a few years back and sucked it harder than Paris Hilton in Prison because of an horrendous line.

I think we start Brodie asap. Our line is pretty solid, assuming Terry comes back from his arrest(?) and Damion Mcintosh isn't a bust.