PDA

View Full Version : 1 Rounder, Some Explanation

jackalope
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
i'm no expert so i'm expecting i have a couple of bad picks, and some we don't draft ______ in round 1, or he doesn't fit our scheme, but take it easy on me. please vote on your team's pick.

1. Arizona-Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin: The Cardinals biggest need is O-line and if they don?t trade down they?ll get Thomas, who is the best one in the draft.
2. Miami- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: A tall receiver to go with Chambers.
3. Detroit- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: The Lions aren?t content with Kitna starting.
4. Oakland- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson: The Raiders need to get some pressure on the QB.
5. San Francisco- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan: The 49ers pass defense is bad and they could use a lot of help.
6. Tennessee- Sam Baker, OT, U.S.C: Tennessee need a tackle to boost their running game and protect the QB.
7. Houston- Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma: If Adrian does slide to 7 the Texans would be delighted to add him.
8. Cleveland- Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia: The D-line is getting old and they could use a good pass rusher.
9. Buffalo- Dwayne Jarrett, WR, U.S.C.: A big receiver to help out Losman.
10. Tampa Bay- Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State: A solid DT to plug the middle.
11. Washington- Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
12. Pittsburgh- Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
13. Green Bay- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Califorinia
14. New York Jets-Laron Landry, S, L.S.U
15. Philadelphia- Tedd Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
16. Carolina- Patrick Willis, MLB, Ole Miss
17. Minnesota- Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
18. St. Louis- Lamar Woodley, DE, Michigan
19. New England*- Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
20. Kansas City- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
21. Dallas- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
22. Jacksonville- Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
23. Cincinnati- Michael Griffin, S, Texas
24. San Diego- Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State
25. Atlanta- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
26. Baltimore- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
27. New Orleans- Zach Miller, TE, Arizona
28. Denver- Frank Okam, DT, Texas
29. New York Giants- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
30. New England- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
31. Indianapolis- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
32. Chicago- Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

*aquired in trade from Seattle

11-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Great Cardinals pick

Terrible Colts pick, why did you give him to us?

scar988
11-03-2006, 06:04 PM
25. Atlanta- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
horrible pick. not only is he a shady character he doesn't fit a need. we need a NT not a 286 pound UT like we already have 2 of. we need a DE and we need a S. we woudl go DE or S i nthe first before we would go DT anyway. in this situation however Frank Okam is hte pick.

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I find it highly unlikely that Tennessee will draft an OT in round 1. We are set at LT with Mike Roos, so no need to touch that spot.

As for RT, it's a possibility, but a very small one as of right now. We drafted David Stewart in the 4th round last year and he's got the position locked up. Granted, he's only played in 5 games, but so far, so good. Couple that with the fact that the only OL position that Floyd Reese seems to value come draft day is LT, and I don't think we look at one.

On the OL, we need a RG to replace Benji Olson, and maybe a C for when Mawae retires. RG moreso, though.

Not sure who I'd pick at #6 though based on who's left on the board.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Skins pick of McCauley great great amazing although it would be hard to pass on Landry cause him and ST21 would be crazy, the Ravens pick of Stanton is just horrible, I mean horrible. Again Texans have no need for Adrian Peterson. Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado, Ron Dayne, and Domanick Davis, they don't need him, they passed on Reggie last year and now they have a legit RB in Lundy with Dom Davis and Gado backing him up. Texans have much bigger holes.

remix 6
11-03-2006, 07:07 PM
take samardajzia away from Pats..give us Griffin..

Beans
11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Looks good for Tampa.

11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Browns run a 34, Moses certainly doesn't fit as a d-lineman and is not the type of LB we are looking for.

Unless i missed him, you don't have Alan Branch in there...just go ahead and give him to the Browns, or drop AD to us. :D

ejruiz777
11-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree with the Falcons fan that said that you should give them Okam instead of Marcus Thomas. You can then give him to the Broncos or go with someone like Eric Weddle, S, Utah. All in all, I think this is a good mock, especially since it seems to be one of your first.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't touch Marcus Thomas in the first round at all, there are better players and more importantly better characters than him.

jackalope
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Browns run a 34, Moses certainly doesn't fit as a d-lineman and is not the type of LB we are looking for.

Unless i missed him, you don't have Alan Branch in there...just go ahead and give him to the Browns, or drop AD to us. :Di remembered giving him to the jets, but obviously i didn't. my DTs are a little screwed up. i wasn't aware of Thomas's issues and i should have definitaly had Okam higher then him, and Branch above both.

GB12
11-03-2006, 09:40 PM
cant argue with Lynch.

Don Killuminati
11-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Great Oakland pick.

sweetness34
11-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Rufus...Rufus...Rufus....Rufus....Rufus

OzTitan
11-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Titans don't need a tackle. They need inside help on OL, not outside, and that's highly unlikely going to be coming in the 1st round.

Adrian Peterson, Moses, Landry, maybe even Pitcock if Haynesworth is released/traded, McCauley and Ginn Jr are better picks for the Titans.

11-03-2006, 11:43 PM
t
e
r
r
i
b
l
e

Hurricane Ditka
11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't see tight end being taken round one. Espcially with how productive Clark has been. Rufus Alexander is the pick right there. Maybe a SS like Eric Weddle but Rufus should be the pick there.

Matthew Jones
11-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Good for the Patriots. I didn't like Jeff S. much, because WR isn't our biggest need, but I loved Darrelle Revis that late.

Staubach12
11-04-2006, 08:19 AM
This is alright.

12. Pittsburgh- Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State

He's no a 3-4 OLB.

20. Kansas City- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

Kansas City has hope for Brodie Croyle as their future.

21. Dallas- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

Give us Antoine Cason.

26. Baltimore- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State

Baltimore still has hope that the still young Kyle Boller is their future

31. Indianapolis- Jake Long, OT, Michigan

They don't need help at tackle. They've got very good tackles. They need a guard if anything on the line, which they won't pick for the line. They need some Defense.

draftguru151
11-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Staubach I've realized you say stuff about other teams picks quite often and more times than not are wrong on at least some of them. Baltimore has pretty much given up on Boller. They gave him his time and he didn't progress. Also you were wrong on your own team, Brown is a much better pick than Cason right now. Cason isn't going to leave early because he is playing like trash right now. OT might be the pick in Indy as well, and I actually like Long there, good value and may be able to play guard then move outside when Glenn leaves.

Stufazz
11-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Again, Lynch at 13 i would be happy with that pick for value and in terms of other players we could have selected

11-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Ugh. Saints don't need a Tight End in Rd 1. DT, CB, and LB are MUCH bigger needs.

shavedaeyebrow2
11-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Don't like the Jets pick. Even though it is great value, we have absolutely no need for him. Woodley, Brown, Blalock would all be better picks here and possibly even Jake Long.

Handel
11-04-2006, 11:57 AM
19. New England*- Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

23. Cincinnati- Michael Griffin, S, Texas

30. New England- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

I would pick Michael Griffin at 19 instead of Samardzija. WR is not a that important need, especially in first round.

I don't know well Revis, but the Pats would surely welcome a good CB. I wonder if there is value for an ILB there because it is their most important need.

thule
11-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Just curious who do you see Levi replacing as far as OT goes on our line? Feel that Blalocks versatility would land him in big d imo. Rivera is the weakest link in our line...go figure.

jackalope
11-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Just curious who do you see Levi replacing as far as OT goes on our line? Feel that Blalocks versatility would land him in big d imo. Rivera is the weakest link in our line...go figure.i'll admit i'm not very familier with your tackles, but looking at the team needs thread it seemed to be an issue.

did the team needs thread get deleted?

thule
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Just curious who do you see Levi replacing as far as OT goes on our line? Feel that Blalocks versatility would land him in big d imo. Rivera is the weakest link in our line...go figure.i'll admit i'm not very familier with your tackles, but looking at the team needs thread it seemed to be an issue.

did the team needs thread get deleted?

Scott has one on his main page.

Well the deal is...our tackle position is unsettled.

At RT columbo looks at times like he is the guy...yet sometimes he just can't get a push in the run game. He pretty much shut down Peppers with little help and parcells has been praising him all season....which leads me to believe he is our solution at RT for the time being.

At LT we have Flozell who has been a weak spot on our line on more then one occasion. He will simply wiff 3-4 times a game. Noone really knows if its still due to his ACL or what.

Supposedly Parcells is high on his backup McQwistan...however he just said he had the skill...just needed to learn the technique. So who knows how much faith Bill has in him.

Really our only immediate need on the OL is RG...being that Rivera has been average at the very best this season. He has been our soft spot all year getting bullrushed into the backfield. He has Proctor behind him...but Proctor is nothing more then a journeyman at this point in time.

This is why I think Blalock is the most logical pick. A local product who has experience at RT...but yet is pointed to play Guard. He reminds me of Larry Allen to say the truth. LA played LT early in his career...personally I think Blalock has the footwork to be able to pull it off. It really just comes down to a coaching decision. Don't forget...parcells likes versatility. Koiser can play 4 of 5 spots on the line....Gurode can play 3, Columbo can play both tackle positions along with Fabini....this is why I think Blalock is the pick.

But I can't say that Parcells "won't" pick Levi...as OT could definately be a need depending on how the franchise views the progression of Columbo and McQ.

Sheppard'sFlock26
11-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Hate the Eagles pick. No way we go WR in the 1st. Give us Griffin because there's no guarantee that Michael Lewis will be in Philly next year.

kazkal
11-13-2006, 05:29 AM
I would not mind griffin....but way bigger needs before safety...we have dexter jackson for 2 more years but I woulden't complain sense it adds depth + future starter.

But just have such a bigger need at DE,DT,LB then S...mybe C

iloxygenil
11-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Terrible Falcons selection

disgruntledjetsfan
11-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Don't like the Jets pick. Even though it is great value, we have absolutely no need for him. Woodley, Brown, Blalock would all be better picks here and possibly even Jake Long.

I'd argue that our safeties are the best part of our team. E Coleman and Kerry Rhodes are definitely one of the top 5 duos in all of football, and in 2 years they could be the best duo.

DWhitner20
11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
9. Buffalo- Dwayne Jarrett, WR, U.S.C.: A big receiver to help out Losman.

:D

Hopefully it'll be someone other than Losman he's catching passes from though.

jackalope
11-13-2006, 04:21 PM

I'd argue that our safeties are the best part of our team. E Coleman and Kerry Rhodes are definitely one of the top 5 duos in all of football, and in 2 years they could be the best duo.i had a long conversation in the Jets forum about who to take (of course that's gone now). i was givin a list of people we'd take there and i think he was highest on the list. i had assumed they knew what they were talking about.

smittyjs
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't like the titans pick, DE,S,CB, WR, and Maybe even DT are bigger needs right now.