NFC: South

Overall: AFC North

TwOne
05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
NFC South > NFC East
AFC North

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I think AFC West could challenge the North. It's between them 2 though.

And I'll say NFC East as the best there.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
AFC West

NFC East=NFC South

If I had to choose, I'd give an edge to the South.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
The NFC South could be the worst division in football next year. If the NFC North wasn't so bad I would call it, but I'm not sure the North is out of the doldrums just yet.

Number 10
05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
The NFC South could be the worst division in football next year. If the NFC North wasn't so bad I would call it, but I'm not sure the North is out of the doldrums just yet.

Eh.

I think the Panthers will rebound and the Saints will still be an NFC Championship contender. I like the Bucs with Garcia and even though their defense may be another year older, I think they'll still be a tough unit. Falcons....ugh I still think they have the personnel to be a Super Bowl team. I picked them last year to make it....and I'm not so sure I can automatically label them a bad team yet.

bored of education
05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Broncos and Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders

v.

ravens and bengals and steelers
browns

interesting debate. I think the Chargers and Broncos are superior to everyone in the AFC Norris. I'm not worried about records last year. But I think Chiefs are equal maybe a step lower than the three in AFC Norris. browns and raiders similar levels.

bearsfan_51
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Any team in the South could win 9-10 games, but any team could also win 4-5. (Saints probably have the highest floor just because of Brees' veteran leadership)

There just isn't a team I feel comfortably getting behind. At this point I'm leaning Falcons because I think Petrino can come in with some gimmicky stuff and take the division by suprise, same way Payton did last year.

It was a great season for the Saints last year, but I think what gets lost in the shuffle is how awful the rest of the division was.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2007, 10:25 PM
You know, I just thought of something. I hope Im wrong.

But with all the blitzing thats gonna happen in the NFC East....that means more collisons. More collisons means more injuries.....

Depth could be a factor for us. *thinks*

Paranoidmoonduck
05-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I think the NFC South has this hands down.

As for the AFC, I'm having a hard time picking between the North and West. A huge amount depends on how much of a step back Kansas City takes and how much of a step forwards teams like Oakland and Cleveland take. I'll go with the North for the time being, but it's close.

portermvp84
05-03-2007, 10:37 PM
AFC East
NFC South

portermvp84
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
My bad I ment AFC West.

zoinks
05-03-2007, 11:08 PM
A fairly meaningless yet rather interesting fact:

If you took each division and combined the records of every team in the division, every AFC division finished with a combined record above .500.

By way of comparison, not one NFC division finished the season with a winning record.

AFC East (35-29, .546)
AFC South & AFC West (34-30, .531)
AFC North(33-31, .515)

NFC East (32-32, .500)
NFC North(30-34, .468)
NFC West & NFC South (29-35, .453)

Shiver
05-04-2007, 03:46 AM
**** the NFC East. Overrated nonsense.

NFC South >>>>>>> NFC East

No question.

2006 NFCCG - Saints vs Bears
2005 NFCCG - Panthers vs Seahawks
2004 NFCCG - Falcons vs Eagles
2003 NFCCG - Panthers vs Eagles
2002 NFCCG - Buccaneers vs Eagles

Notice a trend?

TheChampIsHere
05-04-2007, 03:58 AM
AFC North and NFC South....The Giants and Skins are hurting and I got questions about Romo and the Cowboys. I think ATL and CAR are in for rebound years and the Saints should be strong again.

Paul
05-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Not sure if the NFC east is the best, but I believe we will be the most competitive, as we are every year. But this year there isn't really a clear cut winner. And each team has it's question about it's QB. Is Romo foreal? Is Mcnabb going to be the same? Is Eli going to play on the same level for all 4 quaters? Can Campbell start winning after some experience now? But as I posted before, each and every team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. So the best, possibly, but the most competitive for sure.

simms2clayton
05-04-2007, 07:54 AM
AFC South
NFC South

simms2clayton
05-04-2007, 07:58 AM

How? Atlanta is always talented and they got Joe Horn. Carolina had a great draft and is my pick to win the division. They do much better when everyone isn't talking about them. Tampa revamped their defense by signing Cato June and Kevin Carter and totally improved their OL by drafting a week 1 LG in Aaron Sears and move Buenning to C, and we all know how good New Orleans can be.

This is the most wide open division by far in the NFC because each team has the talent to win the South.

georgiafan
05-04-2007, 08:27 AM
NFC south
AFC north

constant cough
05-04-2007, 08:56 AM
AFC West
NFC South

Since it's conception the NFC South has never had a team repeat as divison champs. Now that's competitive.

Beans
05-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I'll say the NFC South for homerism's sake and also because it is the best conference, but I think the NFC West could suprise this year.

myinnerself
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
The AFC West is an EXTREMELY tough division, and the last two years they have come really close to having 3 teams in the playoffs. The Raiders are getting better and the Cheifs are getting worse, and this is an extremely competitive division. Also, are there four tougher places to play than Arrowhead, Oakland, Denver, and San Diego? I know you guys will say San Diego isn't that tough, but that's BS, it gets LOUD and if you watch Sunday or Monday night football games hosted in SD it's insane.

PalmerToCJ
05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
i'm amazed that people think the afc north is that good. did the bengals really improve that much in the offseason? did pittsburgh? i don't think you could've made the argument they were the best division last year and i don't think you'll be able to make it after this season.

Well... The Bengals do get their star QB (who had a down year) an entire offseason to actually work on his game rather than his knee. We get arguably our 3rd best player back in Levi Jones. Can you actually argue that the Bengals season could have gone any worse last year? Our Oline gets destroyed with injuries, our star defender gets suspended, we have one of the worst starting CB's in the league (Tory James), a botched snap, a missed FG that would've put us in the playoffs then we had one of if not THE hardest schedule.

The Ravens I think are bound to take a step back. Last year they were lucky to avoid big time injuries and this year their two additional games are @SD and IND.

The Steelers IMO are a wildcard, I honestly don't know what to expect out of them this year.

The AFC West is more top heavy, Denver and SD are more complete than Baltimore and Cincinnati. I think the North is more complete as a division top to bottom but I can easily take the argument that the West is the better of the two.

bigbluedefense
05-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Im looking forward to seeing Ahmad Brooks this year. I think he's a beast waiting to be unleashed.

The issue I have with Marvin Lewis is that he has no direction with his defense. Pick a style, and draft accordingly. Thats the main reason why this defense isn't developing like it should.

PalmerToCJ
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Im looking forward to seeing Ahmad Brooks this year. I think he's a beast waiting to be unleashed.

The issue I have with Marvin Lewis is that he has no direction with his defense. Pick a style, and draft accordingly. Thats the main reason why this defense isn't developing like it should.

Looks like Ahmad will start in the middle, Ed Hartwell at WLB and Rashad Jeanty at SLB. Jeanty was a CFL guy we got last year that moved from DE to SLB and actually did a great job in run defense. Jeanty was good last year but he needs to improve.

I really don't know what will happen to Odell. Several players have come out and said we really missed his presence out there last year and that they think he's on the right track. Marvin is still hush on the subject, I think Odell comes back and sits the bench and potentially gets swapped to WLB which I really feel would be a waste of his abilities.

Modano
05-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Looks like Ahmad will start in the middle, Ed Hartwell at WLB and Rashad Jeanty at SLB. Jeanty was a CFL guy we got last year that moved from DE to SLB and actually did a great job in run defense. Jeanty was good last year but he needs to improve.

I really don't know what will happen to Odell. Several players have come out and said we really missed his presence out there last year and that they think he's on the right track. Marvin is still hush on the subject, I think Odell comes back and sits the bench and potentially gets swapped to WLB which I really feel would be a waste of his abilities.

Ed Hartwell at OLB could be the worst LB in the league. He's slow and orrible in coverage. The only place for him is as a 3-4 run thumper a la Bradie James.

Shiver
05-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I hope they didn't sign Hartwell with the intention to start.

Geo
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
The NFC South is overrated tripe. Don't mistake one of the most competitive divisions in football with one of the best divisions in football, there's a distinguishable difference.

Shiver
05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
The NFC South is overrated tripe. Don't mistake one of the most competitive divisions in football with one of the best divisions in football, there's a distinguishable difference.

What is your rationale for saying that? What other NFC division comes close? Last time I checked, since the realignment, the NFC South has had all four teams make the NFCCG. In fact, every NFCCG since '02 has had an NFC South team in the game. The only NFC Super Bowl win this decade was from the NFC South.

Geo
05-04-2007, 01:49 PM
And that has what to do with 2007?

Shiver
05-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Even so, what makes you think any other NFC division is better in '07?

Smooth Criminal
05-04-2007, 02:08 PM
i'm amazed that people think the afc north is that good. did the bengals really improve that much in the offseason? did pittsburgh? i don't think you could've made the argument they were the best division last year and i don't think you'll be able to make it after this season.

The AFC north doesn't have a top team in the AFC but it is one of the more competitive division because teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals all have tons of talent and the ability to win the division. Even the Browns look to be better this year and if that happens there realling isn't going to be a bottom feeder of this division

The West is good but you have Oakland which should be bad again under a rookie QB and KC which should be worse than last year aswell. Both Denver and SD should get better with their QBs getting more experience and Denver has added some talent aswell.

The East has a ton of question marks with the rebuilding Bills and the chaos in Miami. Jets look better but still now great.

South has the Colts which are always great with Peyton. The Jaguars have some major issues at QB and other places that they need to shore up. The Titans took some losses in FA again and didn't really add much. Young should be better this year though and he got them alot of wins. The Texans are still gonna have problems with the line so Schaub won't be any better than Carr.

There is no really dominant divison. The west has two teams that can compete for HFA but the North has 4 teams all capable of putting together a great season and winning the division. That why I think they are the 'best division'.

Geo
05-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Each and every team in the NFC south is horribly flawed because the deficiencies and inconsistencies they have extend to leadership on the teams, which is why they won't do anything in the playoffs barring the NFC continuing as poor as it has been in recent years - thereby why the Falcons, Panthers, and Saints reached the NFCCG and then promptly bounced like the frauds they were. In the Panthers and Bucs case, they also have subpar coaching that only hurts them further (hence why the hire of Petrino and the assistants he's brought in will help the Falcons get back on top of the division within two years, I think).

The NFC East has undergone growing pains, but in terms of quality of play, I'd gladly take them hand over foot over the NFC South in 2007. They have stronger offenses and stronger defenses imo. The Giants are the 4th best team in the East with horrible coaching, but they are still leagues ahead of the Bucs who are the 4th best team in the South with horrible coaching.

Geo
05-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I should add, if any of the NFC South teams prove me wrong this year, then all the more power to them. That's just how I see it going into the season.

skinzzfan25
05-04-2007, 04:18 PM
NFC East every year usually puts two people into the playoffs, so I'd say them for the NFC.

JCshutEmDown
05-04-2007, 04:25 PM
NFC East every year usually puts two people into the playoffs, so I'd say them for the NFC.

And then the NFC South knocks them out.

Shiver
05-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I should add, if any of the NFC South teams prove me wrong this year, then all the more power to them. That's just how I see it going into the season.

We shall see.