PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rhema McKnight still unsigned?

myinnerself
05-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Any idea why this kid hasn't even been signed to a UDFA contract after not being drafted? Seems very odd.

diabsoule
05-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Any idea why this kid hasn't even been signed to a UDFA contract after not being drafted? Seems very odd.

He's not unsigned. He signed a UDFA contract with the New Orleans Saints.

Flyboy
05-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Hopefully he can contribute to us in some way.. before I start putting him in our WR depth chart, I just hope he has a solid training camp and can find a spot on special teams first.

TheChampIsHere
05-04-2007, 01:22 AM
he should fit in well in that NO offense.

Phrost
05-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Why? He sucks thats why. OK I am jumping to conclusions, who is the kid? If he is undrafted he either went to a small school, got injured, or sucked...

dabears10
he should fit in well in that NO offense.

Is there offense based on dropping balls? Because then he will thrive.

Phrost
Hopefully he can contribute to us in some way.. before I start putting him in our WR depth chart, I just hope he has a solid training camp and can find a spot on special teams first.

Oh Flyboy I looked up Belladonna, some pretty hardcore stuff.

Paul
05-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Oh Flyboy I looked up Belladonna, some pretty hardcore stuff.

Gap-Toothed Goddess

Phrost
05-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Gap-Toothed Goddess

There is not only a gap in the teeth....

JK17
05-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Why? He sucks thats why. OK I am jumping to conclusions, who is the kid? If he is undrafted he either went to a small school, got injured, or sucked...

He went to Notre Dame but got injured in 2005 (was a 5th year senior) in 06. He put up some nice numbers, but I don't know the other details on him...(67 for 907 and 15 TD)

Matthew Jones
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I think he should have been drafted, but if Mike Haas couldn't make the Saints with more size, far better hands, and better route running ability, then McKnight has basically no shot. He can run routes and has decent measurables, but that's about it.

bored of education
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
He has hands like a volleyball front liner.

Bengals1690
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM

he played solid for notre dame, but nothing too special.

heavyduty
05-04-2007, 09:47 AM
he is good in the redzone becuase of his size an dleaping ability, he also has good concentration on the ball when in the air and adjusting to it. I agree that he should have definetly been drafted and he will fit well in New Orleans if used right. I really wish the Bills would have grabbed him, he would have be perfect opposite of Lee Evans.

bernbabybern820
05-04-2007, 01:24 PM
No way he makes the team.

WeatherMike
05-04-2007, 01:47 PM
No way he makes the team.
I disagree. He definately has a decent shot. The two possession type of WRs are Marques Colston and Terrance Copper. The stretch the field type of WRs are Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson. Those guys are locks. The Saints have kept six receivers for as long as I can remember, so that leaves six guys fighting for two jobs:

Jamal Jones
David Patten
Dante Ridgeway
Michael Lewis
Rhema McKnight
Lance Moore

The Saints insist their bottom WRs play special teams. That's why Mike Hass got cut last year while Jones didn't. This means that Patten probably has no shot. Ridgeway and Moore were around last year and couldn't beat out Jones, so it's unlikely they'll do so last year. And the only way Michael Lewis makes it is if he holds on to the kickoff return job. David Jones and Pierre Thomas have the resumes to give him a push there, and Antonio Pittman and Joe Porter have the physical skills to do it. So if McKnight can play special teams (given his physical nature, it seems likely) and live up to his pre-draft billing, he will make the team.

Injuries and camp change everything, but this is my best guess with what we know now.

Jughead10
05-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Don't forget about Practice Squad too. If he doesn't make the Saints you have to imagine they will get him on the PS as long as another team doesn't put him on their team.

eaglesfan_45
05-05-2007, 02:00 PM

yes you are jumping to conclusions he went to Notre Dame and he was injured alot that is why he is an UDFA

Acreboy
05-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I thought of McKnight as a 4-7 round prospect.

I was ecstatic when I found out we signed him. Payton wants his WR's to play ST (the WR's on the bottom of the depth chart) so thats why Mike Hass was cut.

princefielder28
05-05-2007, 02:26 PM
He's not unsigned. He signed a UDFA contract with the New Orleans Saints.

That end the conversation; he'll probably thrive though if he's given a chance like very other wideout in that offense

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Rhema McKnight is so inconsistent at catching.Its been infuriating to watch him this past season.

soybean
05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
he's got big play potential written all over him.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh I can see this becoming a Quinn/Russell debate.

Acreboy
05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Rhema McKnight is so inconsistent at catching.Its been infuriating to watch him this past season.No more inconsistent than Devery Henderson already is.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-05-2007, 10:00 PM
He sucks. Worst hands in the whole draft, makes Joe Thomas' hands look like a pro-bowler's. He's slow, not agood route runner, no ups. Don't expect anything out of McKnight.