PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 ...

Shiver
05-04-2007, 04:31 AM
I didn't see any threads for it. Any way, I got back from the midnight show ....

the movie sucked, bad

steelersfan43
05-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Just got back, 3 am, school tommorow.

So not worth it.

The Unseen
05-04-2007, 05:39 AM
My dad and sister saw it Monday on a preview. My sister liked it but thought it was the worst of the three, and my dad said it was stupid.

ravens4life
05-04-2007, 05:54 AM
are u guys seroius? man cause i was gonna see it tonight, now i dont kno if i should even go....

Shiver
05-04-2007, 05:57 AM
As Jon Stewart would say; it's a "CATASTROF***"

Jimmy
05-04-2007, 06:28 AM
it was horrible

Hurricane Ditka
05-04-2007, 06:50 AM
I allready bought my tickets for 7:00 tonight, I'll judge for myself.

RyanLeaf#1
05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
My little brother went to the midnight show. Im gonna have to talk to him to see how it was. If it really did suck that sucks for everyone who has been waiting for it to come out for 3 years.

ElectricEye
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm going to see it on Saturday night. Looks pretty good from what I've seen. But if it sucks, I'll still enjoy it probably. Sometimes bad movies are just as entertaining as good movies.

simms2clayton
05-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm going to see it on Saturday night. Looks pretty good from what I've seen. But if it sucks, I'll still enjoy it probably. Sometimes bad movies are just as entertaining as good movies.

lol that doesn't make any sense unless it is a comedy in which none of them are going to win an oscar any time soon.

Rob S
05-04-2007, 10:24 AM
it did not suck at all imo.......it was pretty good. Not as good as the 1st 2, but a solid movie.....

oakraiders2007
05-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm telling you, this movie blows.

ncstateviking
05-04-2007, 11:02 AM
i concur. way to much attempted character development with actors and characters that cant pull it off.

RyanLeaf#1
05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Just talked to my little brother he said it was like a 5 out of a 10... I think ill wait to see it.

bored of education
05-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Tobey M. is such a MO. Perfect guy for the role.

-black
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
i'm going to see it tomorrow.....

Hurricane Ditka
05-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I've waited for a Venom movie since I was like 7, it can't be that bad.

NIN1984
05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah this was a huge letdown, way too much Mary-Jane ****

Notredameleo
05-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Are you all fu**ing serious? I have been waiting to see this for like a month and am going tonight to watch it. Damn it!!

RyanLeaf#1
05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Are you all fu**ing serious? I have been waiting to see this for like a month and am going tonight to watch it. Damn it!!

I think thats how alot of people feel that havent seen it yet that have been waiting for it.

aNYtitan
05-04-2007, 01:20 PM
I thought it was one of the better movies of the series. The fight scenes were pretty damn cool, Sandman was awesome, though the forgiveness scene was pretty weird for a villain. Topher Grace was a bad pick for Venom imo, but Venom was cool. The love scenes were just weird, and they over emphasized them, but other then that, its a very good movie.

LitoSheppard
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Seein it this weekend, Loved the first HATED the second..this should be pretty good.

drowe
05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
wow, i'm surprised by the negative reviews. i wasn't a huge fan of the first ones...but i like seeing those kind of movies in the theatre...just turn the brain off and buy some popcorn.

DChess
05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
i heard mary-jane ruins the movie

-black
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
has any1 ever had relations in a movie theater?

.....im goin saturday n watnot, and lets just say im interested in more than the movie :)

Notredameleo
05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Im going to have relatinos in the movie theater tonight!!!! What a coincidence!

-black
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
lol im not goin to do anything now....i use to like 3 or 4 years ago when the girl was not allowed to stay out too late....so if her parents let her go to the movies we would find the oldest movie there and go see it. Usually there would be just about no one there, so we would isolate ourselves. she would wear a skirt, i'd unzip my pants and she would sit on my lap....and there you have it.

but i dont do that anymore, for a time I use to only go to the movies just for relations or kissing lol. I do plan on getting our first kiss tho 2morrow

drowe
05-04-2007, 01:49 PM
you should try the popcorn trick....cut a hole in the bottom of a popcorn bucket, put in on your lap with your crank through the hole and wait for the girl to find the prize at the bottom of the bucket.

RyanLeaf#1
05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
you should try the popcorn trick....cut a hole in the bottom of a popcorn bucket, put in on your lap with your crank through the hole and wait for the girl to find the prize at the bottom of the bucket.

Thats hilarious

soybean
05-04-2007, 02:13 PM

.....im goin saturday n watnot, and lets just say im interested in more than the movie :)

that would be kind cool, except for the fact that you are married and have a kid, so it's actually just weird...

lol jk.

RyanLeaf#1
05-04-2007, 02:14 PM

The word crank is what makes that whole thing I cant stop laughin

-black
05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
that would be kind cool, except for the fact that you are married and have a kid, so it's actually just weird...

lol jk.

i call my baby moms wifey, but im not married

Originally Posted by drowe

eww, den u would have popcorn butter all over ur wang........wait, that would be a very interesting kind of lube....

sweetness34
05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
I thought it was excellent personally. But hey that's me. Not as good as the 2nd but still very well done. Venom pretty much put the movie over the top for me. I don't understand the negative views on this movie. I guess many of you didn't follow the comic books.

I'd love to hear why you people "hated" it. Mary Jane's hole singing shindig got a bit old but it's really not that bad. And having Gwen Stacy in there kinda made up for that because she's fine as hell in this.

princefielder28
05-04-2007, 04:34 PM

sounds like fun

49ersfan_87
05-04-2007, 04:34 PM
From some of the complaints, im guessing the movie didnt have enough action?

I was kind of lukewarm on seeing it, and all these negative opinions are sort of driving me away from seeing it. Ill probably end up seeing it anyway if one of my friends wants to..

sweetness34
05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
From some of the complaints, im guessing the movie didnt have enough action?

I was kind of lukewarm on seeing it, and all these negative opinions are sort of driving me away from seeing it. Ill probably end up seeing it anyway if one of my friends wants to..

Bullcrap it didn't have enough action. The fight scenes are well worth it. Especially the end one with all 4 main characters, one of the best I've seen in a comic book movie.

Like I said, from some of the comments I'm guessing they don't read the comic books because it's pretty damn accurate. Venom is just awesome. Topher Grace really does a great job with it. Sandman while not a "main villain" type character is still very well done. And Franco really does a good job pulling off the villain.

If I have one complaint, it was that Peter wasn't dark enough as the Black Spiderman. He was certainly insane and a switch off of the good Spidey but I thought he'd be a bit darker, not a big deal though at all. I'd give this movie at least 3 stars out of 4, and I'd probably lean toward 3 1/2.

jayceheathman
05-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I am wondering how many people skipped work/school to see this movie. Since last night, every showing from noon until 10pm was all sold out. I dont know why the theater here had their first showing start at noon. They could make much more if they had more showings. This movie is going to make a killing. I wonder how much it cost to make it.

Boston
05-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I am wondering how many people skipped work/school to see this movie. Since last night, every showing from noon until 10pm was all sold out. I dont know why the theater here had their first showing start at noon. They could make much more if they had more showings. This movie is going to make a killing. I wonder how much it cost to make it.

258 million. So yeah, it better make a killing.

RaiderNation
05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
im seeing it 2marrow

sweetness34
05-04-2007, 08:44 PM
258 million. So yeah, it better make a killing.

It's going to smash every box office record in history. In the end it'll probably gross over $1 billion world wide, at least when it's all said and done (including video and merchandise sales).

Boston
05-04-2007, 08:47 PM
It's going to smash every box office record in history. In the end it'll probably gross over $1 billion world wide, at least when it's all said and done (including video and merchandise sales).

There's alot of those kind of movies coming out this year. Shrek the third, Harry Potter, and POTC: At World's End will all do amazing in the box office as well. And movies like the Bourne Ultimatum, Ocean's 13 will do good as well. There's more, I just don't remember them. Third times the charm, I guess.

P-L
05-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Yeah, but me and my girlfriend were the only two people in the theatre.

49erfaithful
05-04-2007, 08:51 PM
i am still going to see tomarrow, been waiting for it since i saw the 2nd one
I think it will be good.

sweetness34
05-04-2007, 08:53 PM
There's alot of those kind of movies coming out this year. Shrek the third, Harry Potter, and POTC: At World's End will all do amazing in the box office as well. And movies like the Bourne Ultimatum, Ocean's 13 will do good as well. There's more, I just don't remember them. Third times the charm, I guess.

POTC is the only one that has a shot to outgross SM3. It's already smashing records world wide this weekend.

-black
05-04-2007, 08:54 PM
last time I did anything in the movies (it wasnt sex, just a little hand action and watnot) it was when we went to see the Omen...dat movie sucked

what movie did u see where it was empty?

Notredameleo
05-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Probably From Justin to Kelly

Boston
05-04-2007, 09:05 PM
POTC is the only one that has a shot to outgross SM3. It's already smashing records world wide this weekend.

I'm not saying it will or won't, but Shrek 2 was the third highest grossing film of all time.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/boxoffice/alltime.php

Needless to say, this will be an amazing year movie wise.

-black
05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
what is POTC?

ironman4579
05-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean.

TH3
05-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Tiatnic made alot of money.. SP3(any movie for that matter) will have a very hard time getting anywhere near that

sweetness34
05-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Tiatnic made alot of money.. SP3(any movie for that matter) will have a very hard time getting anywhere near that

I think Spidey could eclipse that mark. Like I said, it's already shattered records overseas in its first day.

TH3
05-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Shrek 3 has the best chance to top Titanic IMO

Vikes99ej
05-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I saw it tonite. I thought it was a great movie. The only part I didn't like was the 30 minutes of Tobey Maguire just walking around New York like a dumbass with his emo hair. But other wise, it was awesome. Lots of action.

sweetness34
05-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I saw it tonite. I thought it was a great movie. The only part I didn't like was the 30 minutes of Tobey Maguire just walking around New York like a dumbass with his emo hair. But other wise, it was awesome. Lots of action.

Thank you. Someone agrees with me that it was a very good movie. You may not have liked the emo hair on Peter but that's a part of the comics when he turns over, although his hair did look really messed up haha.

Like I said earlier, Venom is at least worth the price of admission. I just wish they would have had a little more of him in the movie because his visual effects were absolutely incredible.

The one thing I did love is that they didn't show hardly any of Venom in the previews, only that one quick shot of him yelling at the camera. It was a pretty damn cool surprise to no know what he was going to look like until you saw the movie.

Vikes99ej
05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it was pretty sweet to have three villians in the movie. Sandman was sweet, too.

Hurricane Ditka
05-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Could have been so much better.

Bigbadbob72
05-05-2007, 04:43 AM
I thought the first 2 were overrated but I just saw the thrid one and I think it was just as good as the other ones. Then I had really high hopes for the first 2 and really low hopes for the 3rd after what all my friends said.

The Unseen
05-05-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm gonna see it tonight. I'm kinda confused, since our local critic gave it a 3 1/2 out of 4 stars, and I see others in this thread saying they really liked it. I guess it depends on your tastes. I shall see.

toonsterwu
05-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I didn't like it. I thought the storytelling was a bit choppy in places. Graphics were obviously fine ... and if you are going for that ... then I think you'll be passably pleased with it. But as a movie, eh ... it wasn't exactly a waste of 2 hours ... but it was close to it. I will, though, be intrigued when the DVD comes out to see what was cut out of it, as I feel that they cut a lot out.

scottyboy
05-05-2007, 07:37 AM
i'm going to see it in a couple hours. been a spidey fan since, forever. i read a few posts, and agree that peter becomes sort of emo when he is taken over. the fact venom is in it just makes it worth seeing. i really hope in spidey 4 they break out carnage, kingpin, and hobgoblin

WMD
05-05-2007, 07:58 AM
I didn't even know the movie opened today...

Notredameleo
05-05-2007, 08:45 AM
dummy!!!! lol

Draft King
05-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I saw it and i'd probably give it a 2 1/2 out of 4. The part I most enjoyed like everybody here was the surprise of Venom, had no idea he would be in the movie and hes always been my favorite character. Too much MJ as said before and I think toonster said it but they should have made Spiderman a bit darker.

mav91
05-05-2007, 10:40 AM
not enough venom for my taste

Shane P. Hallam
05-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I was disappointed. It wasn't bad, the visuals were awesome, but it didn't compare to the last 2 in terms of story. It just seemed a bit rushed, all of it. Venom was rushed, the suit was rushed, etc. James Franco easily made this movie what it was, he was great and his story was awesome. I think the high expectations hurt, as well as Raimi not being a big fan of the Venom story and blowing it off a bit.

tEk
05-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not saying it will or won't, but Shrek 2 was the third highest grossing film of all time.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/boxoffice/alltime.php

Needless to say, this will be an amazing year movie wise.ok lets look at this. star wars came out in 1977 when the average cost to see the movie was what $.50 - $1.00 so alot more people went to see the movies then. because to day a movie is at least 10 bucks a pop.

anyone no if they prorate the older movies?

bearfan
05-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I thought the movie was OK. The story seemed rushed, and somewhat dragged on on at times. I would have loved to see more of Venom, and James Franco is a great actor, and did a great job.

Acreboy
05-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Didn't see it but this is what I got from it. No spoilers.

Sandman's character should have been pulled from the movie. His plot line is horrible and the movie could have been better without him.

There was too much Lovey Dovey stuff and not enough action.

There was not evough Venom in the movie.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Didn't see it but this is what I got from it. No spoilers.

Sandman's character should have been pulled from the movie. His plot line is horrible and the movie could have been better without him.

There was too much Lovey Dovey stuff and not enough action.

There was not evough Venom in the movie.

Eh, I liked Sandman. His character wasn't great but it really wasn't that bad. THC did a good job with it. The problem with him is that he's not really a "villain" persay, he's just a pety thief trying to get money to help with is daughter's health.

Again, I really didn't think the movie was as bad as people are saying it was. I liked it. Sure things could've been better but I thought it was well done.

Eh, not too much "lovey dovey" stuff, but a little too much of MJ and her whole singing thing. That could've been left out.

And yes I will agree that there wasn't enough Venom. IMO he could've been the villain in one of these movies because he was really, really cool.

soybean
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
will there be a fourth? I heard a year ago that toby mcguire and kristen dunst won't be in it if there's a fourth because they don't want to kill it... any truth behind that?

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 03:14 PM
will there be a fourth? I heard a year ago that toby mcguire and kristen dunst won't be in it if there's a fourth because they don't want to kill it... any truth behind that?

There is going to be at least 6, because Raimi signed on for that many. And I imagine Tobey is on for at least one more.

soybean
05-05-2007, 03:23 PM
There is going to be at least 6, because Raimi signed on for that many. And I imagine Tobey is on for at least one more.

that's good... any idea who the next villain will be?

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 03:29 PM
that's good... any idea who the next villain will be?

I think Lizardman almost has to be a lock. Dr. Connors has been in the past 2 movies, so they need to do something with that character. I think Carnage is a possibility, posibly Elektro, Rhino, SpyderSlayers....I honestly really don't know.

Acreboy
05-05-2007, 04:00 PM
What i'd like to see is them recast Peter and MJ and do 4-6.

Peter was too nerdy looking far from the comic version.

soybean
05-05-2007, 04:06 PM

replacing main characters is always a horrible idea. Even if the new actor does well, it kind of still loses it's appeal. I know people are going to bring about the example of christian bale, but people kind of expected there to be a new batman.

and sweetness, what do you think about that whole other-dimension spidermans? would that be too risky a plot line for them to try?

RaiderNation
05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
i just saw it. pretty good. kind of too long though

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Peter was a nerd in the comic books, so what's your point? I think Tobey McGuire is a very good cast for this role.

49erfaithful
05-05-2007, 04:57 PM
saw it today. too long and too many sub plots. I say its not the best of the seris, 1st/2nd are better

Acreboy
05-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Peter was a nerd in the comic books, so what's your point? I think Tobey McGuire is a very good cast for this role.He seemed more "buff" in the comics not just a 6 pack

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 05:04 PM
He seemed more "buff" in the comics not just a 6 pack

And your point? Sandman was more buff in the comics, Venom was more buff in the comics, etc. Peter Parker is supposed to be a nerd, and that's how he was portrayed in the movies.

Staubach12
05-05-2007, 05:12 PM
It was pretty bad. There were some things that just didn't make sense. Like this: What was the deal with the butler? He was a terrible actor, why not get someone better? Also, how would the butler know that the woulds match? Since when did he know that guy was the green goblin, and know the exacts of the blade on his flying thing? And how would he be able to tell that the wounds match the blade? Since when was he on CSI Miami? Also, when Harry and Spiderman are fighting, they fall about 20 stories and it takes about 30-45 seconds for them to fall. That's so unrealistic, even for superheroes because gravity still works the same if you can shoot webs. What was the deal with the scene where he's dancing in the street? That was the dumbest scene I've ever seen. Speaking of dumb, did you see his emo haircut? And when Harry dies, he gets stabbed in the chest twice, falls about 15 stories and still lives for about five or ten more minutes more. His dad got stabbed twice and didn't fall 15 stories and he died in like 3 seconds. That's dumb. And when Harry uses the roids stuff, he walks out of the tank. His dad had a seizure, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Stupid. Plus, the whole Sandman guy or whatever was crap. They wouldn't show him for 20 or 30 minutes at a time. There was just too much going on. They needed to just cut out the sand guy or venom. BTW, Venom was not done justice.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
It was pretty bad. There were some things that just didn't make sense. Like this: What was the deal with the butler? He was a terrible actor, why not get someone better? Also, how would the butler know that the woulds match? Since when did he know that guy was the green goblin, and know the exacts of the blade on his flying thing? And how would he be able to tell that the wounds match the blade? Since when was he on CSI Miami? Also, when Harry and Spiderman are fighting, they fall about 20 stories and it takes about 30-45 seconds for them to fall. That's so unrealistic, even for superheroes because gravity still works the same if you can shoot webs. What was the deal with the scene where he's dancing in the street? That was the dumbest scene I've ever seen. Speaking of dumb, did you see his emo haircut? And when Harry dies, he gets stabbed in the chest twice, falls about 15 stories and still lives for about five or ten more minutes more. His dad got stabbed twice and didn't fall 15 stories and he died in like 3 seconds. That's dumb. And when Harry uses the roids stuff, he walks out of the tank. His dad had a seizure, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Stupid. Plus, the whole Sandman guy or whatever was crap. They wouldn't show him for 20 or 30 minutes at a time. There was just too much going on. They needed to just cut out the sand guy or venom. BTW, Venom was not done justice.

Dude what the hell are you talking about? The Butler was a good actor. And maybe he knew all along that Norman was the Green Goblin, but didn't want anyone else to know.

Movies are unrealistic, or haven't you realized that yet. You're nitpicking on stuff that really shouldn't matter. IT'S A GOD DAMN COMIC BOOK DUDE, it's supposed to be unrealistic. I will agree with you on your last line, but that's about it.

-black
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
bout to go see it at 8:30, i'll drop my thoughts 2morrow

Splat
05-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Is was not as good as I thought it would be but I still liked it it didn't suck IMO. It was kinda long there were a few parts that could have been left out but the fighting was really good to me Venom was just awesome but I went away wanting more of him. I do have to agree with the people that said they tried to jam pack to much in to the movie but it was still good I mean it is just a movie no reason to freak out and get mad over it.

Brodeur
05-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I was disappointed by it and I thought it was a huge step down from the 2nd movie, but I was never bored by it so I can't be too harsh on it.

Hurricane Ditka
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I think Lizardman almost has to be a lock. Dr. Connors has been in the past 2 movies, so they need to do something with that character. I think Carnage is a possibility, posibly Elektro, Rhino, SpyderSlayers....I honestly really don't know.Suposedly there was a scene after the credits with the arm of the Lizard in it. I don't think they can end the Venom storyline that soon. The series 3 best villains have been wasted. You can't make another 3 movies with the remaining villains, because they suck.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Suposedly there was a scene after the credits with the arm of the Lizard in it. I don't think they can end the Venom storyline that soon. The series 3 best villains have been wasted. You can't make another 3 movies with the remaining villains, because they suck.

They can't have him turn into the Lizard yet though. I want to see the transformation (maybe they're just teasing it for the next movie, I hope so).

And yea I agree, Venom can't be gone. They never reall said what happened to Eddie and the symbiote, and there was in fact a bit of the symbiote that was still there after the explosion.

I think at most they can have is 2 villains next one, AT MOST. I just think it's too hard to do 3 villains and only one hero unless you make it a 3 hour movie.

portermvp84
05-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I've gone to the other 2, I liked them. I'm gonna go to it tonight.

wiscbadgerfootball
05-05-2007, 09:02 PM
saw it today. too long and too many sub plots. I say its not the best of the seris, 1st/2nd are better

you know how dull it would have been without subplots?

The Unseen
05-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Just saw it. Yeah, I didn't like it. The action was pretty good, but the storyline was a mess, really. They kinda went overboard with the Emo Pete thing, and the villany excess made for underdeveloped characters.

2's still the best.

Ahf112
05-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I thought it kinda sucked. It was so dumb and off-topic and Venom was in it for like 30 minutes! Huuge disapointment

Phrost
05-05-2007, 10:55 PM

and thats not saying alot now is it?

Phrost
05-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Can someone PM their take on the story and what happens please?

DChess
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
one of the worst movies i've ever seen, so corny, and so bad,venom was sordive cool but sandman at the end was stupid

Psycho
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
That was a crappy movie, a big drop off from #2. The storyline was meh, and there were a couple of annoying and irrelevant scenes. The action was like any other spider man movie, but still pretty disappointing.

Psycho
05-05-2007, 11:13 PM
one of the worst movies i've ever seen, so corny, and so bad,venom was sordive cool but sandman at the end was stupidAgreed. Corny is an understatement.

Phrost
05-05-2007, 11:16 PM
If there is one thing I have always hated, its corny movies. It makes me uncomfortable to see a character make a corny statement, just me?

Notredameleo
05-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe im remembering incorrectly, but Venom doesnt talk in the comic books does he? Also, there were too many villains, they should have just focused on one or two villains at the most. Also, the whole emo thing was kind of overboard, as was that extremely corny dance that he did in the street. So, all you have to do is where your hair emo to get girls to notice you?? i'll try to remember that. Definitely the worst of the three, but it wasnt extremely horrible. Overall, I would give it a 5/10!!!

-black
05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
some of you overeact to everything. Maybe its because im not a comic book fan or watnot. I liked it, a little too long, but pretty funny at times and good action. The romance part of it was meh, but I mean the movie wasnt horrible. And that dancing in the street part was one of the funniest scenes. All of the villains and sub plots were kind of sketchy though. But it made for a pretty interesting movie

Good movie, i'll be seeing Shrek 3 soon too

islandboy843
05-06-2007, 01:29 PM
The resturant scence stole the movie

Boston
05-06-2007, 04:37 PM
148 million over the weekend.... Wow.

sweetness34
05-06-2007, 05:05 PM
one of the worst movies i've ever seen, so corny, and so bad,venom was sordive cool but sandman at the end was stupid

Haha you're kidding me right? While I will say it didn't stack up to the 2nd or 1st one, it's far from one of the worst movies of all-time.

49ersfan_87
05-06-2007, 05:09 PM
148 million over the weekend.... Wow.

I think thats more due to the hype/popularity of the previous movies and franchise. It is going to be telling to see the legs the movie has. I have heard nothing but bad things. None of my friends have recomended it to me...and online nobody seems to like it. It may suffer as it goes on due to word of mouth.

Scar
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
It was a good movie, but it was a disappointment. Spidey vs Venom, this should have been THE Spiderman movie. Instead the vast majority of the movie is wasted on Sandman and the only real Venom scene felt hopelessly rehashed from Daredevil. I realize those characters share a mutual weakness, but it could've been done in a manner that felt less "been here, done this." They also beat Peter Parker's inner struggles to a pulp in this one. It's a good subplot, but it really overshadowed the action.
Here's to hoping that if they do a Spidey 4, we get a whole lot of Venom and Carnage.

Jughead10
05-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Bryce Dallas Howard is so much hotter than Kirsten Dunst. She should have kept her red hair and played Mary Jane from the beginning.

Bengals1690
05-07-2007, 09:48 AM
i really liked it. not enouigh venonm though...thats all im saying. Thats the only part i watched...

bethemooseman3
05-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought it was pretty good. I don't know why people are complaining about the "corniness" of the movie. The first movie was one of the "corniest" and campiest comic book movies that has ever been made. I thought it was easily the best of the three.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
the next person to post spoilers gets kick-banned. i have little to no doubt the movie sucked, but it will suck much more if i already know what's going to happen.
Now I wish I would have seen the movie, and spoil it for you.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
you made a mistake when you gave up your ability to delete the broncos thread.
Like you said, it won't matter if I deleted it. What is it up to, 2 post a month?

gang_green03
05-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Just saw Spiderman 3 yesterday and my quick take on it was that it was a good movie, but I was a little dissappointed especially since it had so much potential.

Venom was done to near perfection. I couldn't have really asked for much more. Like everyones been saying its really a crime he was only in the movie for like 20 min. Also, I think Harry was done very well. The whole black suit thing was done pretty good and, for the most part, they did a nice job of showing Peter's dark side. The fights scenes were great especially the last one. All of the bad guys looked great. There were also some funny moments, especially when Jameson was on screen.

Some things I didn't like were some of Peter's actions while wearing the black suit like the pelvis thrusting, etc. Some of it was kind of dumb. Also, the singing and dancing numbers in the movie were pretty stupid. The Sandman looked pretty cool, but his character seemed a little unnecessary and they should've cut him out and focused more time on Venom and Harry. Adding his connection to Peter's uncle was a little pointless as well. They might have bit off a little more than they could chew with 3 villains, especially considering Venom's a character that needed a lot of development.

Overall this could've been one of the best superhero movies to date and its a shame that it was brought down by so many stupid little things, along with trying to do too much. The litte silly moments and singing and dancing should've been toned down. The movie tried to be a little too "sappy." Also, eliminating the Sandman would've done wonders. Allowing more development for Venom and giving him more screen time would've helped a lot as well.

It wasn't as good as the first one but, even with all its problems, it was about on par with Spiderman 2. It was really good at some points and really bad at others.

I give it an 8.5/10

Profound
05-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I think the first two were overrated anyway, but I love venom and have actually been looking forward to this one. Unfortunate reviews though....

Villains left are all iffy... Wasting Kingpin on the Daredevil is unfortunate... (Not a waste in that he wasn't a feature in the Daredevil story, he was, but it really was a waste of a movie). I don't know how people react to a fairly normal villain for Spiderman anyway... Carnage would be a CGI disaster. He'd either be an awful mess or the most amazing CGI accomplishment in some time...

VoteLynnSwan
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Haha you're kidding me right? While I will say it didn't stack up to the 2nd or 1st one, it's far from one of the worst movies of all-time.

man calm down... he has his opinion and you have yours. Just because your opinions don't agree doesn't mean you have to flip out about it.

AlexDown
05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Some things I didn't like were some of Peter's actions while wearing the black suit like the pelvis thrusting, etc.

Are you kidding? That was the best part!

alexschnarr
05-07-2007, 03:52 PM
What a terrible movie, not even close to being as good as 1 or 2. Tried to have Too many characters in one movie. Gwen Stacy was wasted, why not just make her some other random girl, rather than one of Peter's girlfriends from college. Sandman was also more powerful than he should have been. All things considered it just wasn't a good movie for me, waste of time.

sweetness34
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Are you kidding? That was the best part!

OMG Alex, you can't say that, this guy has his own opinion on the matter. :rolleyes:

I didn't flip out about what DChess said, I was just surprised that he said it was one of the worst movies he's ever seen.

jayceheathman
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I just got back a few hours from watching it and I thought it was pretty sweet. I figured it would be packed this weekend so I went a day early and even for the 3pm showing it was packed. I was soooooooo amazed. I got done with my final early and decided I would go see it. It did have a lot of story lines but it was easy to keep track of. I am still wondering how a small coke can cost almost as much as the ticket to get in.

Geo
05-13-2007, 12:02 PM
(There be spoilers ahoy.)

I had the chance to see this on Friday, and I really enjoyed it. Great viewing. The movie didn't skimp on anything imo, it delivered on all fronts. I wouldn't have believed how well the Sandman and Venom were brought to film if I hadn't seen it myself.

What I thought was particularly interesting was Peter relishing the newfound celebrity status he was gaining as Spider-man, to the point where his relationship with Mary Jane was suffering for it. The eventual seduction by the symbiote, initiated by Peter's vengeful desire to hunt down the Sandman, only further exasperated things between he and MJ, nevermind the problems it caused in other relationships involving Peter (including Gwen Stacy/Bryce Dallas Howard, who was an absolute knockout).

Harry Osborn/James Franco nearly stole the show, and that line with the pie in the cafe is probably my favorite - I was just shy of bursting out laughing in the theater. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the character by the movie's end, moreso for how tragic the Harry character throughout the first three movies (which did a far superior job to the comic material in that regard).

I did find it a bit strange that Sandman just walked away, likely to steal money again/elsewhere for his daughter. Granted he didn't kill anyone (other than Uncle Ben) and that the attack on Spider-man was in turn for Spider-man's attempt at killing him days earlier.

ironman4579
05-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I haven't seen it, but since Venom is my favorite villain(along with the Lizard) from Spider-Man, it's unfortunate that they didn't take more time with him. I would have liked to see one whole movie of just Spidey vs Venom, no other villains period. And for whoever asked if Venom talked in the comics, yes he did.

Xiomera
05-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Saw it last night . . . I was never a huge fan of the first two films, so I didn't know what to expect.

Overall I enjoyed the film. It was probably the best of the three Spiderman films, IMO. I think some of the humor was forced, and there were some awfully cheesy moments, but the action was good.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

ripdw27
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM
i saw it last night it was kinda cheesy, some parts were good, i mite give it like a 6-7 out of 10, if you have movie passes go see it but dont pay 8.50 for a ticket i left near the end i think when the redhead was about to sing n peter was with the hot blond

jkpigskin
05-13-2007, 02:58 PM
watched it yesterday
it sucked
that is all i will say

rchrd
05-14-2007, 08:40 AM
I was going to see it but after hearing it was pants thought i'd investigate for free just to make sure. I dont know how far I got into the film but it's safe to say it didnt get anywhere near the end before it was switched off.

RoyHall#1
05-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Reading this forum made me expect crap, but this movie was certainly not crap. The fight scenes were sweet, I liked the 2 on 2 crap at the end. Only thing is, it seemed like Spiderman was the weakest of the 4 villains in the fight which I didn't really like.

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Reading this forum made me expect crap, but this movie was certainly not crap. The fight scenes were sweet, I liked the 2 on 2 crap at the end. Only thing is, it seemed like Spiderman was the weakest of the 4 villains in the fight which I didn't really like.

Sandman is kind of a weak villain anyway. He's got cool ability but his character kinda sucks.

MaxV
05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I saw it this weekend. I was a bit disappointed.

The 3 villain thing wasn't a smart idea. Venom should've been the only villain.

The constant Cry Baby thing was annoying also.

Xiomera
05-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I saw it this weekend. I was a bit disappointed.

The 3 villain thing wasn't a smart idea. Venom should've been the only villain.

The constant Cry Baby thing was annoying also.

The film needed more than one villain. But they could have done without Sandman and played up Harry's character more.

James Franco's over-the-top state of happiness after the accident was annoying as hell. He looked stoned and had a girlish giggle all the time.

Scotty D
05-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm bit behind on the times. Went to go see it tonight. Everyone in my group laughed really hard at this part.

Waitress "How is the pie?"

Harry " SOoooooo GOooood"