PDA

View Full Version : Early Look at 2008

Scott Wright
05-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey,

Sorry I haven't been around much the last few days but I needed a little break from football. Anyway, I just posted my very early look at the top ten senior prospects for the 2008 NFL Draft so you can check that out via the main page:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

ElectricEye
05-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Scott Wright delivers again. Thanks man :)
I'm a bit surprised about John Carlson being so high. In a good way though, since I really like him.

Finsfan79
05-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey Scott if Campbell and Phillips declare will they be in your top 10?

princefielder28
05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Nice stuff like always!

ironman4579
Nice list Scott. With the injury issues he's had, I was surprised to see Zack Bowman rated in the top 10 at all, let alone at #4.

Go_Eagles77
http://bloodnet-online.co.uk/forums/style_emoticons/bloodnet/clapping.gif

ironman4579
05-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I agree, red X will definately be a top 10 pick.

Go_Eagles77
05-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I agree, red X will definately be a top 10 pick.

Was that directed at me? It's showing up fine on my computer, its a clapping emoticon.

ironman4579
05-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Probably just me. It was a joke anyway. Not a funny one obviously.

Xiomera
05-04-2007, 05:38 PM
GO JAKE LONG! WOO, lol

Non_Sequitur
05-04-2007, 05:44 PM
In 2008 there will be a glut of top notch offensive linemen entering the draft. At offensive tackle, there are a minimum of 6 seniors who will enter the draft with the ability to play left tackle, and all of them can at least start at RT from day one. At offesnive guard, there are 5 seniors who have the ability to start right away. That's 11 offesnive lineman who should be going in the first two rounds, in the senior class alone. If the three top junior tackles (who have first round talent) enter the draft, you are looking at 14 offensive linemen in the first two rounds.

Any team that needs O-line help can look to next year's drafts.

OhioState
05-04-2007, 05:47 PM
good list. i was also surprised about carlson but i think he will be good

snuff
05-04-2007, 05:48 PM
bleh..

**** 10 characters

D-Unit
05-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Scott, you are not my son!

Colt Brennan will prove it to the world that he is one of the top 5 players in the nation. Top 10 pick all the way baby!

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2006-11-07-colt.jpg

bored of education
05-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Nice job Scott, take a break and go to Boca with all those big checks i got you from all those clicks.

thule
05-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I'd like to see a juniors list.

Philliez01
05-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Well since this is an early list, I do think that it's a pretty cool thing to look at coming off the heels of the Draft and a look forward until you redo the site come summer.

I can't wait, but I do like seeing guys like Carlson and Long as we are already hearing about McFadden, Stewart, Brohm, Woodson etc.

The one guy who I can't wait for to come out is Jordan Grimes, the G from Purdue. I really think that he can be something special in the NFL.

Sveen
05-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks Scott :)

Hi! O-HI-O for Cleveland
05-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I find it hysterical that Chris Long is "a poor mans Adam Carriker". I love Adam Carriker and all but Chris Long is simply better, period, end of story. Chris Long on the field out played Adam Carriker all year long in a more demanding defense as well as being a year less experiance. Oh and we can't forget that he has less than 1/2 the supporting cast as Adam Carriker.

Caddy
05-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Glad to see the preparation for the 08' draft is underway.

Axl Rose
05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I really like the John Carlson pick. Hes got really underrated athleticism, people usually assume hes not athletic cause hes big and muscular but they will be surprised.

Hines
05-05-2007, 01:15 AM
when should the full list of seniors and positions and rankings be up

Green Bay Scat
05-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Colt is doin SC proud

iloxygenil
05-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Who was #1 on this list last year at this time?

I doubt Jake Long is #1 when it all comes down to it at the end of the day. I think he'll end up being a RT in the league, however he is a force to be reckoned with, I just think he's not quite quick enough with his feet to make LT in the pros but he can for sure take a guy out of the play.

Solomon
05-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm surprised with a few of those guys being so high (Zack Bowman, Carlson, Long) but like you say a lot can and will change between now and next year. Still kinda surprised that Antoine Cason and Adarious Bowman didn't make it.

dRaFtDoRk
05-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Its nice to see something for '08. I do like the list, but like most its suprising to see Zach Bowman at 4, but everyone has there top ranked players.

Keith Rivers will eventually overcome Connor though, and will be the 1st LB taken. I wouldn't be suprised to see him rise all the way to the Top 5 prospects.

Hi! O-HI-O for Cleveland
05-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Its nice to see something for '08. I do like the list, but like most its suprising to see Zach Bowman at 4, but everyone has there top ranked players.

Keith Rivers will eventually overcome Connor though, and will be the 1st LB taken. I wouldn't be suprised to see him rise all the way to the Top 5 prospects.

Rey Maualuga will be the first Linebacker taken if not the first defender taken should he declare early. He's better than my boy "Little Animal" and he'll be a better pro than my other favorite OSU backers Bobby Carpenter and A.J. Hawk. Rey Rey is just a straight monster and as much as I hate USC I can't deny the fact he is going to be great.

ChefMike
05-05-2007, 12:16 PM
In 2008 there will be a glut of top notch offensive linemen entering the draft. At offensive tackle, there are a minimum of 6 seniors who will enter the draft with the ability to play left tackle, and all of them can at least start at RT from day one. At offesnive guard, there are 5 seniors who have the ability to start right away. That's 11 offesnive lineman who should be going in the first two rounds, in the senior class alone. If the three top junior tackles (who have first round talent) enter the draft, you are looking at 14 offensive linemen in the first two rounds.

Any team that needs O-line help can look to next year's drafts.

Great point... Next year could see the most Offensive Line talent infused into the NFL in a LONG time. The Offenses in the league could really be helped by this too, it seems like year after year the incredible athletes and talent has been coming in through the defensive sides of the ball and not having as many amazing offenses as we have amazing defenses throughout the NFL as a whole. When you think of the Top Teams more of them are regarded for their defense then their offense. New England, Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia as compared to when you think the Top Offenses San Diego, Indianapolis and ?

And we all know that the core of the Offense is on the Offensive Line.

Vikes99ej
05-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Seeing Brohm on there and not Brennan satisfies me. I'm glad at last Scott still has confidence in him.

soybean
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Rey Maualuga will be the first Linebacker taken if not the first defender taken should he declare early. He's better than my boy "Little Animal" and he'll be a better pro than my other favorite OSU backers Bobby Carpenter and A.J. Hawk. Rey Rey is just a straight monster and as much as I hate USC I can't deny the fact he is going to be great.

he's a little uncoachable though. That's why he didn't start against OSU last year. I heard rumors he didn't really know when to pass rush or drop back into coverage. If he reaches that certain threshold, then he'll be a beast.

RaiderNation
05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Good Work......

OhioState
05-05-2007, 05:15 PM

no one is better than A.J. Hawk

High Roller
05-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Can Dorsey project as a NT in 34? I think he has the fitting size but not sure about his style of play. Nice list

Woody56
05-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Can Dorsey project as a NT in 34? I think he has the fitting size but not sure about his style of play. Nice list

I doubt it, but he is exactly what you look for in a 4-3 UT.

soybean
05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
no one is better than A.J. Hawk

he may not be better, but i rather take a clear hit from A.J. Hawk than get manslaughtered by rey maualuga.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Chris Long will be the best Long in next years draft, mark my words.