PDA

View Full Version : Portland, Oregon and PSU

someone447
05-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I am possibly going to Portland State to play football next year. But I want to know if anyone has lived there, and can tell me how the city is. I want to know in terms of bars, parties, girls, etc. Also, does anyone know anything about the school?

ricky bobby
05-04-2007, 08:51 PM
What ever happened to UTEP?

someone447
05-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I didn't make the team here. But I sent film and everything to PSU, and they called me back yesterday saying I had a walk on spot. And that if I come in and show I can hit I have a legitimate shot to get on special teams early. Then its all downhill from there.

bored of education
05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Good for you sir, take it easy on Puget Sound they still roughed up from the beating Michael Allan put on them.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I love Portland as a city. I'm not precisely sure where the school is located in the city, but there are a lot of colleges in the region, so there's a strong student contingent.

Fantastic public transportation, tons of retaurants, nice bars (but higher class ones, I didn't see a whole lot of college bars, although I'm sure they're there).

BigDawg819
05-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Yes but you would have to suffer through Trail Blazers games so weigh your decision carefully.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 03:09 AM
I am possibly going to Portland State to play football next year. But I want to know if anyone has lived there, and can tell me how the city is. I want to know in terms of bars, parties, girls, etc. Also, does anyone know anything about the school?
I'm up here right now. Honestly, I don't go out much. But I know we have a ton of great bars (if you love non-bmc beer, then we have some of the best.) Also, we have (one of?) the highest amount of strip clubs per capita in the nation. Or at least we did last I heard. So if that's your thing, then this is the spot. We have a ton of outdoors type hobby stuff to do around here. So if you love hiking/snowboarding or stuff like that, this is the place as well. Love weed? This is the place. Hate the rain? This is not the place. haha. Also, I heard they hired Jerry Glanville as coach this year. So that seems to be a good thing as far as the football team goes. They are actually a very good team. Hmm. What else to say. Girls? Shoot, you can find girls everywhere. I've read your posts, and I don't think you'll have any problems. Especially if you're in the college scene and play football. Hell, you can find girls on the internet nowadays. Anyway, yeah. I used to think that I hated Oregon when I was a kid, (because of the rain) but the older I get the more I realize that there is probably no other place in the country I'd rather be. Tons of pluses with only a few minuses. Not an expert on this town in particular though because I grew up in Eugene. If you have more questions, I'd be happy to give you my best answers.

someone447
05-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm up here right now. Honestly, I don't go out much. But I know we have a ton of great bars (if you love non-bmc beer, then we have some of the best.) Also, we have (one of?) the highest amount of strip clubs per capita in the nation. Or at least we did last I heard. So if that's your thing, then this is the spot. We have a ton of outdoors type hobby stuff to do around here. So if you love hiking/snowboarding or stuff like that, this is the place as well. Love weed? This is the place. Hate the rain? This is not the place. haha. Also, I heard they hired Jerry Glanville as coach this year. So that seems to be a good thing as far as the football team goes. They are actually a very good team. Hmm. What else to say. Girls? Shoot, you can find girls everywhere. I've read your posts, and I don't think you'll have any problems. Especially if you're in the college scene and play football. Hell, you can find girls on the internet nowadays. Anyway, yeah. I used to think that I hated Oregon when I was a kid, (because of the rain) but the older I get the more I realize that there is probably no other place in the country I'd rather be. Tons of pluses with only a few minuses. Not an expert on this town in particular though because I grew up in Eugene. If you have more questions, I'd be happy to give you my best answers.

Ya, the reason I asked about girls, El Paso has 25-30k less single girls between 18-25 than they have single guys. It is also one of the fattest cities in the country. So the pool of eligible, hot girls is very small. But you make do with what you have, right?

I absolutely love the rain. After being in the desert for 6 out of the last 7 years, it will be like heaven. Unfortunately, the weed part will have to wait, damn NCAA drug testing...

What about the looks of girls, have you noticed that some places just have incredibly hot girls, places like Austin, Dallas, Phoenix, Florida(although they seem to be dumb as rocks...) Where El Paso just had the opposite, a large number of very ugly girls.

Jerry Glanville was the biggest reason that I sent them film. I want to coach, and having a former NFL coach would sure be able to open a lot of avenues when I am done playing. Then Mouse Davis is the O-coordinator, and he was on eof the originators of the Run and Shoot offense at Portland State in the 70's. So it seems like the coaching staff is incredibly good.
But, lots of bars, good beer, strip clubs, rain, lots of weed, and football sure sounds like heaven to me.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Ya, the reason I asked about girls, El Paso has 25-30k less single girls between 18-25 than they have single guys. It is also one of the fattest cities in the country. So the pool of eligible, hot girls is very small. But you make do with what you have, right?

I absolutely love the rain. After being in the desert for 6 out of the last 7 years, it will be like heaven. Unfortunately, the weed part will have to wait, damn NCAA drug testing...

What about the looks of girls, have you noticed that some places just have incredibly hot girls, places like Austin, Dallas, Phoenix, Florida(although they seem to be dumb as rocks...) Where El Paso just had the opposite, a large number of very ugly girls.

Jerry Glanville was the biggest reason that I sent them film. I want to coach, and having a former NFL coach would sure be able to open a lot of avenues when I am done playing. Then Mouse Davis is the O-coordinator, and he was on eof the originators of the Run and Shoot offense at Portland State in the 70's. So it seems like the coaching staff is incredibly good.
But, lots of bars, good beer, strip clubs, rain, lots of weed, and football sure sounds like heaven to me.
Yeah hell yeah, sounds like you'd love it up here. As far as the girls go, yeah there are plenty. I mean this is a big city. All big cities have plenty of girls I would assume. I mean, I haven't traveled much so there's not much for me to compare it to, but I see hot girls everyday. You'll only see skin from june-october, but just use your imagination during the other months, haha. Sounds like it'll be a big upgrade form where you're at now.

Anyway, I hope you make it up here. Sounds like it would be a great opportunity for you with the football team, and I think you'd really enjoy the change of scenery. Keep us posted on what develops.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-05-2007, 04:40 PM
This thread makes me want to visit Oregon again. I think I need to do a road trip.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 04:46 PM
This thread makes me want to visit Oregon again. I think I need to do a road trip.
Hell yeah. It's funny 'cuz I've been wanting to take a road trip down there for a while. Visit some of my favorite breweries. Maybe we could trade spots for a week. Haha. Only thing is that it might cost your life savings to get up here. Man, we might see $4 a gallon here in a minute.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Hell yeah. It's funny 'cuz I've been wanting to take a road trip down there for a while. Visit some of my favorite breweries. Maybe we could trade spots for a week. Haha. Only thing is that it might cost your life savings to get up here. Man, we might see $4 a gallon here in a minute.

Illinois, at least where I'm at was at $3.95 recently. I say me, PMD, and someone all take a road trip up to Oregon and meet up with ds, then we go to every strip club in the state and drink ourselves into the next century while getting laid every night. Who's with me?

Paranoidmoonduck
05-05-2007, 04:50 PM

At least it'd be cheaper than flying. The best flight I could find went up to Seattle first then came back down to Eugene. I have no idea what's up with that.

Speaking of the breweries, I recently discovered Prohibition Ale and I think I'm in love.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Illinois, at least where I'm at was at $3.95 recently. I say me, PMD, and someone all take a road trip up to Oregon and meet up with ds, then we go to every strip club in the state and drink ourselves into the next century while getting laid every night. Who's with me?

Sounds like a plan. Although 93 years of drinking might get old after a bit. Haha.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a plan. Although 93 years of drinking might get old after a bit. Haha.

Nah, just drink so much that we won't wake up until the next century. Although that's not probably such a good idea either.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 05:00 PM
At least it'd be cheaper than flying. The best flight I could find went up to Seattle first then came back down to Eugene. I have no idea what's up with that.

Speaking of the breweries, I recently discovered Prohibition Ale and I think I'm in love.

Yeah, f flying.
Have yet to try the prohibition, although I hear it's good. The only beer I've tried from speakeasy was their barley wine. It was damn good. Not my favorite by any means, but damn good indeed. San Diego is really where I want to go. While passing through other spots on the way. My 2 favorite breweries are down there (Alesmith and Stone) I especially want to visit Russian River and Pizza Port because neither ships up here and they are both very highly regarded. I'll make it down there eventually. I've yet to make it past Bakersfield.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Nah, just drink so much that we won't wake up until the next century. Although that's not probably such a good idea either.

Just let me know when you guys touch down. We'll rape the horses and steal the women!!

GB12
05-05-2007, 05:02 PM

Make sure to give Glanville some **** about trading Favre. And then thank him for it.

someone447
05-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah hell yeah, sounds like you'd love it up here. As far as the girls go, yeah there are plenty. I mean this is a big city. All big cities have plenty of girls I would assume. I mean, I haven't traveled much so there's not much for me to compare it to, but I see hot girls everyday. You'll only see skin from june-october, but just use your imagination during the other months, haha. Sounds like it'll be a big upgrade form where you're at now.

Anyway, I hope you make it up here. Sounds like it would be a great opportunity for you with the football team, and I think you'd really enjoy the change of scenery. Keep us posted on what develops.

El Paso is a bigger city, yet I go days without seeing a legitimately hot girl. I was walking through UTEP one day counting the number of fat girls to normal and skinny girls. If they had rolls, I counted them as fat. It was 47 fat, 53 normal or skinny.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Just let me know when you guys touch down. We'll rape the horses and steal the women!!

Touch down? We'd take a road trip man, come on now. Although that'd be a long ass drive for me haha.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 05:07 PM
El Paso is a bigger city, yet I go days without seeing a legitimately hot girl. I was walking through UTEP one day counting the number of fat girls to normal and skinny girls. If they had rolls, I counted them as fat. It was 47 fat, 53 normal or skinny.

Haha. Damn I had no idea that El Paso was the 21st biggest city in the nation. My bad. lol. We need a franchise in El Paso damnit! That's pretty bad. Them girls need to lay off the tex-mex and go shake some of that fat off their asses. haha.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Touch down? We'd take a road trip man, come on now. Although that'd be a long ass drive for me haha.
I thought you guys were gonna use Toonsters magic carpet. My bad, so yeah, just toot the horn on your el camino when you show up.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I thought you guys were gonna use Toonsters magic carpet. My bad, so yeah, just toot the horn on your el camino when you show up.

Toony has a magic carpet? That's so sweet. That would be the ultimate sex story, "yea I nailed a girl on a magic flying carpet."

:D

duckseason
05-05-2007, 05:58 PM
LMFAO. I'm sitting here reading posts with the TV on in the background, and all of a sudden I hear "Hey I'm Jerry Glanville......" So I look up to see him doing a new commercial for Kuni BMW. He's such a bad ass.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 06:00 PM
"You know we're gonna have a winning football season here at PSU this fall, but here at Kuni BMW, they're already winners......." Solid gold.

someone447
05-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Hahahahahaha

dx13579
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM

Portland is a great city, I've been up here for about 3 years now and I love it. Lots to do here especially if your into outdoor activities. The coast is only an hour drive from the city and Mt. Hood is only about a 40 minute drive. There's no sales tax. We have a pretty good bar/club scene here. It's a beautiful city, and it has many neighborhoods each bring something unique to the personality of the city. Great public transportation system, I live about 20 mins east of the city and I take the max into downtown whenever I need to go. makes life so much easier. PSU is a good school, my friend will be attending in the fall. Only one major knock on Portland is the job market sucks. But you probably won't have to worry about that for awhile. Just be prepared to see green trees and breath in fresh air.

someone447
05-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Portland is a great city, I've been up here for about 3 years now and I love it. Lots to do here especially if your into outdoor activities. The coast is only an hour drive from the city and Mt. Hood is only about a 40 minute drive. There's no sales tax. We have a pretty good bar/club scene here. It's a beautiful city, and it has many neighborhoods each bring something unique to the personality of the city. Great public transportation system, I live about 20 mins east of the city and I take the max into downtown whenever I need to go. makes life so much easier. PSU is a good school, my friend will be attending in the fall. Only one major knock on Portland is the job market sucks. But you probably won't have to worry about that for awhile. Just be prepared to see green trees and breath in fresh air.

Sounds good, considering in El Paso I see brown dirt and breathe in some of the worst air in the country(since it is in a mountain pass it traps all the crap let out from El paso, and the poorly regulated Juarez factories.)

duckseason
05-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Just be prepared to see green trees and breath in fresh air.
Yeah, I bet you just love seeing those "green trees" and breathing in that "fresh air." Who do you think you're foolin' hippy?