PDA

View Full Version : David Ball and the parade of WRs.

awfullyquiet
05-05-2007, 04:23 AM
did anyone get a chance to ever watch him?

surely an interesting story. but is he going to be the groomed de facto posession reciever that we're looking for... or is he just cannon fodder for practice.

i mean, to beat jerry rice at something says something. even if it's at the I-AA level.

in general the wide out situation looks rather muddled and messy.

currie will probably break his spleen or something. hass still hasn't seen playing time (much to my concern), bradley needs to stay healthy (please!), and B2 and M2 will start for sure. but. everyone else are just huge question marks. does davis got what it takes? who'll probably start this year (i'm saying speculate here with me.)?

speaking of moose, i was watching the pats carolina superbowl game on nfln where delhomme lofted one to moose who had maybe a foot or two of separation, threw his arm back and stiff armed the CB to the ground for the 85 yd reception. dear diary. frickan sweet.

Bears_Fan
05-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I found this from the East West game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5lQa5s4Gs&mode=related&search=

I wanted us to take Dallas Baker, but maybe we can groom this guy.

sweetness34
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
From what I've been hearing David Ball looks gooooooddddd. Making some awesome catches and isn't dropping any balls. Look out for him in the minicamp.

Also, I guess Leak is looking very good as well. Hmmmm, could this be the end of Kyle Orton?

bearsfan_51
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
They're going to say that everyone looks good, that's their job. I would guess that no more than one, maybe two UDFA's will make the roster.

sweetness34
05-06-2007, 02:42 PM
They're going to say that everyone looks good, that's their job. I would guess that no more than one, maybe two UDFA's will make the roster.

Well check that, Leak didn't look to good on Saturday, but Ball looked good again. I read a guys article who writes for Bear Report and he gives a bunch of updates on what's going on.

awfullyquiet
05-06-2007, 02:47 PM
From what I've been hearing David Ball looks gooooooddddd. Making some awesome catches and isn't dropping any balls. Look out for him in the minicamp.

Also, I guess Leak is looking very good as well. Hmmmm, could this be the end of Kyle Orton?

I'd actually be sad if we lost orton.

He's kina cute without the beard. But, hey, we could always trade him to minnesnowda. He took a team to a playoffs...

edit: where does thee get mini-camp info?

bearfan
05-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd actually be sad if we lost orton

He's kina cute without the beard. But, hey, we could always trade him to minnesnowda. He took a team to a playoffs...

edit: where does thee get mini-camp info?

Que?

Orton IMO has some potential, but needs a lot of work. Leak has a goofy throwing style, so I dont want him as the 3rd QB

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I hope that Orton stays on as the 3rd QB, it would be a shame to see him tossed to the wind for another guy that needs work work than he does.

Also any word on that Justin Rascati kid?

bearfan
05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Does the fact we didnt sign ball mean we dont have him now?

Smokey Joe
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Air Currie cut...

And yes, if we didn't offer Ball a contract... that means he aint coming back.

Philliez01
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Also any word on that Justin Rascati kid?

I am a huge fan of Rascati prior to the draft but I do not think he'll make the Bears active roster. He's a small school prospect, that's for sure (transferred from Louisville) and he's got good skills. He possesses above - average mobility (mobility is Rex - like), accuracy and I do like his leadership / game management. However the big problem for him is his deep - ball accuracy as he tends to float it rather than throw it if that makes sense. Also he's not mechanically sound but that can be taught.

bearsfan_51
05-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Air Currie cut...

And yes, if we didn't offer Ball a contract... that means he aint coming back.

No, that's not want it means at all. We already offered some of the UDFA's contracts like Leak and Ball. Some of the other players were camp invites that we then offered contracts to. Ball is still on the roster.

bearsfan_51
05-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I am a huge fan of Rascati prior to the draft but I do not think he'll make the Bears active roster. He's a small school prospect, that's for sure (transferred from Louisville) and he's got good skills. He possesses above - average mobility (mobility is Rex - like), accuracy and I do like his leadership / game management. However the big problem for him is his deep - ball accuracy as he tends to float it rather than throw it if that makes sense. Also he's not mechanically sound but that can be taught.
He already didn't. He was a weekend camp invite and left without an offer.

Philliez01
05-07-2007, 09:28 PM
He already didn't. He was a weekend camp invite and left without an offer.

Ah, I didn't think he had a chance in hell with Rex, Griese, Orton and Leak in camp already. . . . .

Don Vito
05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I saw a good amount of DB's games at UNH and I really think that he can make it as a pro. He is a much better prospect than most D1AA guys. He did run slow, I think around 4.6, but that really isn't that awful for a guy who catches everything, runs great routes, and is pretty big at about 6'1-6'2 205. He absolutely dominated the D1AA level, but that probably won't have too much reflection on how he does as a pro.

bearsfan_51
05-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I really don't think he has a chance. We already have one small, slow guy that catches everything in Mike Hass, at least he proved himself against top competition. But I'll be rooting him on.

awfullyquiet
05-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Que?

Orton IMO has some potential, but needs a lot of work. Leak has a goofy throwing style, so I dont want him as the 3rd QB

he's kind of cute without the beard?
it's true.
...if you go for 6'4 straggly men-children.
not saying i do. but i'm just saying.

i agree.
orton needs work still. i mean. for the most part, he fits our offensive style. lacks the touch though that grossman has... he throws a monster and has alot of power.

he'll be better than schwab and wallace by the end of his contract. as far as career backups (or former backups) go. and is WELL worth keeping. i'm still not 100% sure why we signed griese till the end of his eventual life. 2 years might have been a good hedge bet. but. whateves. in the past.

bearfan
05-08-2007, 06:07 AM
he's kind of cute without the beard?
it's true.
...if you go for 6'4 straggly men-children.
not saying i do. but i'm just saying.

i agree.
orton needs work still. i mean. for the most part, he fits our offensive style. lacks the touch though that grossman has... he throws a monster and has alot of power.

he'll be better than schwab and wallace by the end of his contract. as far as career backups (or former backups) go. and is WELL worth keeping. i'm still not 100% sure why we signed griese till the end of his eventual life. 2 years might have been a good hedge bet. but. whateves. in the past.

I dont go for any men.....

And I agree with most of what you said, but I dont think he will be better than what Schaub was as a back up.

jw, are you a woman? The Orton beard/beardless throws me off here

evershot
05-08-2007, 06:19 AM
I really don't think he has a chance. We already have one small, slow guy that catches everything in Mike Hass, at least he proved himself against top competition. But I'll be rooting him on.

I don't think Mike Hass has much to stand on that would give him an advantage over David Ball. He hasn't proven much (if anything) on the NFL level. Hell Fontel Mines (TE/WR) may beat both of them out for the 5th WR spot considering he really is a WR that is trying to convert to a TE.

bearsfan_51
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't think Mike Hass has much to stand on that would give him an advantage over David Ball. He hasn't proven much (if anything) on the NFL level. Hell Fontel Mines (TE/WR) may beat both of them out for the 5th WR spot considering he really is a WR that is trying to convert to a TE.

His measureables are better than Ball's, he has a year of experience at least amongst NFL players, Oregon State > New Hampshire.

I'm not saying either is a lock, but they are basically the same player, and I would consider Hass having more upside of the two.

awfullyquiet
05-08-2007, 01:57 PM

And I agree with most of what you said, but I dont think he will be better than what Schaub was as a back up.

you never know these days.

We'll give schaub a season to determine.

Ciao Bella
05-10-2007, 08:10 PM
OMG great signing in Ball

i've been high on him for a very long time, would have wanted the Falcons to pick him up if we didnt have so many WR's

VoteLynnSwan
05-10-2007, 08:53 PM
OMG great signing in Ball

i've been high on him for a very long time, would have wanted the Falcons to pick him up if we didnt have so many WR's

we didn't sign him.

Hurricane Ditka
05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
we didn't sign him.
He was signed before mini camp.

awfullyquiet
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM

your loss

maybe. i watch leak the other day. and god his balls are so low (and not in that particular way...) i have no idea how he could even play college ball as well as he did without every pass getting tipped... they have no air underneath. sure they have a bit of zip, but the arc isn't there.