PDA

View Full Version : Veteran DE

SeanTaylorRIP
05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
The coaching staff said in the draft that they would not go D-line because they will target a DE through trade, some names mentioned were Burgess, Corey Redding and so on. Burgess would probably be out of reach but I am in full support of trading Ladell Betts for a very good starting veteran DE. Our DE's outside of Andre Carter are awful and if we want to make noise we need to acquire a DE. I know it would be great to have this two headed running machine but I expect big things out of CP, and have confidence in our backups Derrick Blaylock and Rock Cartwright.

critesy
05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
wait wait...we have blaylock ?

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
wait wait...we have blaylock ?

Yeah but he is in rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, but since he played for Al in KC I'm guessing he has a good shot.

boisefan
05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
you always want to trade Betts, until the team he goes to runs for 200 yards against our superior run defence. It is true though, we need some DE's

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2007, 01:09 PM
you always want to trade Betts, until the team he goes to runs for 200 yards against our superior run defence. It is true though, we need some DE's

Yeah Ladell Irks me, but backup running back is less important than starting DE. And Blaylock is a capable starter at times, and I do love the Rock as well as Nemo Broughton, btw Critesy where is Jessie Lumsden?

critesy
05-06-2007, 11:26 PM
ahaha mmm thats a good question...i dont know where jesse is, i dont really like the CFL at all and yeah...but i believe he is on the Hamilton Tiger Cats...he was such a speciman, dammmm.

703SKINS202
05-07-2007, 12:31 PM
ahaha mmm thats a good question...i dont know where jesse is, i dont really like the CFL at all and yeah...but i believe he is on the Hamilton Tiger Cats...he was such a speciman, dammmm.

critsey what team is that guy talkin bout in ur profile

skinzzfan25
05-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Heard Will Smith from NO is unhappy with his contract situation.

Possible veteran DE? The guys young and much better than Andre Carter.

critesy
05-08-2007, 01:32 AM
critsey what team is that guy talkin bout in ur profile

ahah, think about it...

ok, the raiders :)

703SKINS202
05-08-2007, 03:45 AM
ahah, think about it...

ok, the raiders :)

haha i was tryin, thanks

SeanTaylorRIP
05-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Blaylock signed last night, I like it. He will be 3rd RB and Rock will be moved to backup FB we keep him because he is our best kick returner, and great on special teams.