supermario86
05-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I think they will both start for the Vikes in the next 3 years

Crazy_Chris
05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I sure hope so

Zbikowski_9
05-05-2007, 10:38 PM
They both look good prospects, especialy Sidney, he is the kind of possession receiver we need to complement our faster guys. I am growing more fond of Aundrae aswell. In a couple years i think we will have a realy good WR corps, however, we realy need a true no. 1 guy right now. I say call Keyshawn.

swagger
05-06-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm glad that we have young guys with potential. As opposed to last year where we had old broken down has-beens.

Also worth noting might be Chandler Williams. Childress seemed pretty impressed by him during rookie camp.

Zbikowski_9
05-06-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm glad that we have young guys with potential. As opposed to last year where we had old broken down has-beens.

Also worth noting might be Chandler Williams. Childress seemed pretty impressed by him during rookie camp.

That was odd, yae? He sort of bounced of questions about Sidney Rice and didn't wanna say anything about anyone's performence, but he mentioned how impressed he was with Chandler. I don't know if he ment as a returner or a receiver. I am just not sure wether he is giving him a rap coz he is one of 'His" guys or if he realy did some awsome work. I hope ther later.

wogitalia
05-06-2007, 04:20 AM
I think they will both start for the Vikes in the next 3 years

They should just give up if they arent. The Vikings have to have the worst receiving corp in the league and its by a fair distance as well.

vikes_28
05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
They should just give up if they arent. The Vikings have to have the worst receiving corp in the league and its by a fair distance as well.

so where did you come from...the vikings dont have the worst receiving corps in the league, they are all just young, and inexperienced...give them some time and they will be good...this whole vikings offense is young, 1st year starter at qb, rookie running back, young offensive line, and young recievers. give them some time to gel, and it will all work out, you wait and see

supermario86
05-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Allison is Williamson with hands

the_legend_killer
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM

This is good, right?

nobodyinparticular
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM

But Charles Rogers' health.

swagger
05-07-2007, 01:27 AM
But Charles Rogers' health.

Elaborate.

Kid_Ego
05-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Well they all are young and talented lets just hope atleast 2 of themcan emerge as threats. I havent given up on williamson.

wogitalia
05-07-2007, 03:18 AM
so where did you come from...the vikings dont have the worst receiving corps in the league, they are all just young, and inexperienced...give them some time and they will be good...this whole vikings offense is young, 1st year starter at qb, rookie running back, young offensive line, and young recievers. give them some time to gel, and it will all work out, you wait and see

Name a worse receiving corp. Seriously... Being young is not a defense for not being any good. The Titans are bad and we signed their 5th guy to be our 2nd? I mean we are seriously bad, we have some potential but right now thats all we have.

Arizona - Fitzgerald and Boldin.
Atlanta - Joe Horn and Crumpler.
Baltimore - Mason, Williams and Heap.
Buffalo - Lee Evans(Otherwise close)
Carolina - Steve Smith.
Chicago - Moose, Berrian and Clark
Cincinnati - CJ and TJ.
Cleveland - Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow
Dallas - TO, Glenn and Witten.
Denver - Javon Walker and Rod Smith.
Detroit - Roy Williams and Mike Furrey.
Green Bay - Donald Driver and Greg Jennings.
Houston - Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels.
Indianapolis - Marvin, Reggie, Utecht and Dallas Clark.
Jacksonville - Matt Jones, Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford.
KC - Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzalez.
Miami - Booker, Chamber and McMichaels
NYG - Burress, Shockey and Toomer.
NYJ - Coles and Cotchery.
NE - Caldwell, Watson, Moss, Stallworth and Welker.
Philadelphia - Reggie Brown, LJ Smith and Hank Baskett.
San Fran - Battle and Bryant.
Oakland - Curry and Porter
Seattle - Branch and Hackett.
Pittsburgh - Holmes, Ward, Miller, Washington and Wilson.
St Louis - Holt and Bruce.
San Diego - Gates, Parker and Jackson.
Tampa Bay - Galloway
Tennessee - Brandon Jones.
Washington - Moss and Cooley.

I mean the only teams with a case are Tampa Bay and Tennessee. I only listed guys who outproduced our top returning WR. I didnt include RBs. Tampa Bay flat out have a better first guy than us other than that there is an argument. Tennessee blew it all up and may be worse.

That said, you know your WR position stinks when your best returning receiver is a backup RB. A guy like Joey Galloway literally has better numbers than all of our receivers that are coming back put up last year. That is when you know that you suck at WR.

I can see the argument that we are only the 2nd worst at WR in the league, I wouldn't make it, Jones finished hot for the Titans and I like Ben Troupe more than our TEs. But still, I can see the argument.

Im not saying this same group cant be good. Im saying that going into this season we have the worst WR group in the league. Even if Rice were to go Randy Moss as a rookie we would be in the bottom half. We are banking on Williamson, Rice and Allison all being big producers. Thats risky.

alexschnarr
05-07-2007, 03:42 AM
i'm glad you are up to date on your san fran recievers, oh wait they cut bryant like 2 months ago.
Sorry vikes fans for comming on to your board, but this post just made me mad

JoeMontainya
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
They both look good prospects, especialy Sidney, he is the kind of possession receiver we need to complement our faster guys. I am growing more fond of Aundrae aswell. In a couple years i think we will have a realy good WR corps, however, we realy need a true no. 1 guy right now. I say call Keyshawn.

Rice isnt a possesion reciever, he is a straight line WR in the category of Troy Williamson. He just didnt have a good enough 40 time to make himself drafted higher like Troy.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Rice I compare to a more consistent Ashley Lelie.

supermario86
05-07-2007, 06:25 PM

Better Hands but just not nearley as fast

DHVF
05-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Eh, I don't like that comparison much, as all Lelie has going for him is the fly route.

swagger
05-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Even so, it could be a positive. Defenses jammed men in the box and shut down our run because we didn't have even a sliver of a passing game. If Rice can get downfield and catch some deepballs, even just a few times, it will go a long way toward keeping men out of the box.

Zbikowski_9
05-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Rice isnt a possesion reciever, he is a straight line WR in the category of Troy Williamson. He just didnt have a good enough 40 time to make himself drafted higher like Troy.

What I mean is that he has good hands, which is what our corps is lacking

nemesis3394
05-08-2007, 02:16 AM
being around nfl talent and a relatively competent coaching staff is going to increase their production
i have faith that they will put in the work necessary to do this
but we can only hope so cant we?

swagger
05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Do the Vikings qualify as having a competent coaching staff?

vikes_28
05-08-2007, 02:06 PM

haha nice man....some people might wonder

nemesis3394
05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
haha yeah i think its pretty much borderline at this point

princefielder28
05-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I was hoping the Packers were going to take Allison but the Vikings got themselves a really good prospect and I agree that him and Rice will start together in the not so distant future

wogitalia
05-09-2007, 12:36 AM

I thought the exact same thing when I read that.

thule
05-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Well living near MN I'll have to be watching them alot...AD should help that. I would just like to point out...that Rice isn't the speedster the fun a fly route...but he had the best 10 yard split time at the combine...which will really put him at his best on the intermidate routes. Posts/In/Outs will be where he is at his best...something that really hasn't been in MN since the early 90s.

Kid_Ego
05-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Uhm does the name ChrisCarter mean anything to you? Hasnt been in minnesota since the early 90's? Jake Reed? I believe those guys played the majorty of the 90's.

thule
05-14-2007, 01:30 AM
Uhm does the name ChrisCarter mean anything to you? Hasnt been in minnesota since the early 90's? Jake Reed? I believe those guys played the majorty of the 90's.

Chris "all I do is catch TD's and precision out patterns" Carter.

Jake Reed was a name I was trying to think of. But still Rice should be a better player than him...key word should he has far more talent than Reed ever had. Chris Carter was not a intermediate type receiver he was a finesse WR. He was great at setting corners up and breaking them down...his concentration was second to none...but he didn't have the burst that a guy like Rice has...which is what I was trying to get at with my post above.

tylere0814
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Competant? Good question, before the draft i'd say no. But they've shown to me that they know what we need, and pick the BPA at every pick

This is the first time i've felt good about next season since week10

the_Kid
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Competant? Good question, before the draft i'd say no. But they've shown to me that they know what we need, and pick the BPA at every pick

This is the first time i've felt good about next season since week10

what made you feel so good on week 10, we lost to the packers 17-23

Kid_Ego
05-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Carter didnt have burst? Uhm maybe his last 3-4 years, Chris carter was at very least in the top 5 receivers of all time In my opinion the number 2-3. He ran the routes he was asked to run. He ran them as well as any player during his era. And to say Chris Carter was a finese receiver is saying jerry rice was a possesion receiver. Uhm the man was a phyiscal freak, he was a huge receiver who constantly broke tackles, and busted the jam as well as any player in the history of the game. The only weakness in his game was he served during the Dennis Green Era where we rarely had the same qb 2 years in a row, With some of the fill ins being
Shawn Salisubry?
Rich Ganon
Jim McMahon
brad johnson?
Not to mention Culpepper Moon Cunningham George Bowen
While Rice had 2 HOF's
Harrison 1 HOF'S
Your argument just makes no sense to me The minnasota vikings have been very fortunate to have elite wide outs for most of the last 20 years,

T-Rat42
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
A little side note about Sidney Rice: Arkansas Cornerback Chris Houston's stock rose when he shut down receivers such as Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem. However Chris Houston couldn't handle Sidney Rice when Arkansas played South Carolina. Coincidence?

LonghornsLegend
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
i think it should be noted that you guys probably have the best left side offensive line in the league, and overall one of the best, with 2 great RB's who can produce...on top of that, at QB and WR, their strengths are a strong arm at QB, and if nothing else speed to stretch the field at WR...

i think alot of those WR's should be able to get downfield and have alot of open deep looks...ala the falcons, when they did decide to pass, white and jenkins had alot of chances for deep ball opportunities....

so even though the WR's may not be the best overall group, or be able to do alot of different things right now, the one thing their good at, actually complements with the rest of the offense really well