PDA

View Full Version : Cinco de Drinko

yourfavestoner
05-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Who's doing what?

someone447
05-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I think I am crossing the border :-D. The only good thing about El Paso is Cinco de Mayo.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Tequila, Tequila, Tequila tonight for me. Me and Tequila dont' agree and I'm usually done after a few shots but that's alright.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I was thinking about maybe making some pinatas for the celebration. A whole plethora of pinatas. I love cinco de drinko.

fischbowl
05-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Mexican Piss Water hopefully.

JF4
05-05-2007, 07:46 PM
St. Patty's Day > Whatever the hell this is.

sweetness34
05-05-2007, 07:47 PM
St. Patty's Day > Whatever the hell this is.

You don't know what Cinco de Mayo is?

Moses
05-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Can't drink tonight unfortunately. :(

JF4
05-05-2007, 07:49 PM
You don't know what Cinco de Mayo is?

Actually I have no idea, please enlighten me.

Moses
05-05-2007, 07:50 PM

5th of May. A holiday in Mexico that wasn't a big deal until the Americans got a hold of it. That's my understanding of it anyways.

yourfavestoner
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Soy muy baracho.

JF4
05-05-2007, 08:17 PM
cerveza, thats the only word I learned in my brief stay in Mexico.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-05-2007, 08:59 PM

I never head of it either until last year when they posted about it. We Canadians live such a sheltered life. At least we have... Canada Day.

rainbeaukid2
05-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I never head of it either until last year when they posted about it. We Canadians live such a sheltered life. At least we have... Canada Day.

and what do you do then, wack it to maple trees?

SuperMcGee
05-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Dyngus Day is the best, for me at least.
Today I'm not doing anything crazy, just the fight and playing some hockey later.

05-05-2007, 09:52 PM
and what do you do then, wack it to maple trees?

Only if we get REALLY drunk. But mostly just get really, really drunk and sing the anthem, talk about hockey, say eh alot. You know, standard Canadian things.

awfullyquiet
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
eh.
i'm just working. blows.

i invited people to my apartment while i work.
i don't think that's actually going to happen, because i didn't give the promise of free booze.

j05son
05-05-2007, 09:57 PM

It's like their independence day but it's not their independence day.

Basically it's their "We beat France" day.

A celebration when Mexican forces beat out French forces for control of Mexico...

It's somewhat like their version of St. Patty's day. Has a meaning/moment and/or person to honor, but is a day to get wasted and party.

Which is why it's celebrated in America as well [and probably the mutual hatred of the French contributes to the holiday as well]...

Lastly, I'm French [in my heritage].
>_>
<_<

CHEERS!

05-05-2007, 10:00 PM

A celebration when Mexican forces beat out French forces for control of Mexico...

It's somewhat like their version of St. Patty's day. Has a meaning/moment and/or person to honor, but is a day to get wasted and party.

Which is why it's celebrated in America as well [and probably the mutual hatred of the French contributes to the holiday as well]...

>_>
<_<

CHEERS!

Who hasn't beaten the French?

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8633/frenchog3.png

duckseason
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM

LMFAO x 10,000. That is the post of the year.

rainbeaukid2
05-05-2007, 10:14 PM

plus rep........

j05son
05-05-2007, 10:18 PM
I didn't say anyone did...

I said it was their "We Beat France Day."

"Their" being the key word as to mean there were others who have the same day... :-O <---gasp face...

I remember when that google image was all the rage when the French [our longest ally] didn't help us in Iraq and the War over weapons of mass dis.truc....tion..................................

Lastly, was that suppose to be a slap at me? -or just the French...

I'm American. I was born in America too. The only thing associated with France was my great great great great (I really don't know how many greats) grandparent was from there...

05-05-2007, 10:21 PM

"Their" being the key word as to mean there were others who have the same day... :-O <---gasp face...

I remember when that google image was all the rage when the French [our longest ally] didn't help us in Iraq and the War over weapons of mass dis.truc....tion..................................

I'm American. I was born in America too. The only thing associated with France was my great great great great (I really don't know how many greats) grandparent was from there...

Nothing against you. I'm Canadian, and when you're Canadian you take every possible shot you can at the French.

duckseason
05-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Wasn't a slap at you at all.

j05son
05-05-2007, 10:25 PM
My mistake...I thought i interpreted wrong...Thus me asking...My bad.

Also, the Mexicans beat the French during their "Power" days and Napoleon [if I remember my Spanish classes from High School].

someone447
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM

>_>
<_<

CHEERS!

No, they beat the French in a battle. The Mexicans lost the war. By the way its not Cinco de Drinko, its Drinko de Mayo.

diabsoule
05-06-2007, 02:28 AM
I worked. And I won't celebrate Illegal Immigrant Day.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-06-2007, 02:36 AM
I worked. And I won't celebrate Illegal Immigrant Day.
All Mexicans or people with mexican heritage = illegal immigrants?

j05son
05-06-2007, 04:03 AM
No, they beat the French in a battle. The Mexicans lost the war. By the way its not Cinco de Drinko, its Drinko de Mayo.

You're right. I just double checked on Wiki. I was just going on old high school classes...Thanks for the clarification.

fischbowl
05-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Dyngus Day is the best, for me at least.
Today I'm not doing anything crazy, just the fight and playing some hockey later

Being that the holiday is indigenous to Poland and Buffalo. I'm not Polish but I have frequented Broadway Market around the season and It's a ******* madhouse. I come for plachek (sp?) and the claustrophobia.

someone447
05-06-2007, 12:34 PM
You're right. I just double checked on Wiki. I was just going on old high school classes...Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I have spent 2 years taking texas history, and close to a semester discussion mexican history. I am convince the celebration of Cinco de Mayo leads directly to the poor showing El Paso has in high school sports. Celebrating a battle in a war you lost just seems to be celebrating mediocrity. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

KCJ58
05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Saw a Donkey show it was what i expected really it was

Modano
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Nothing against you. I'm Canadian, and when you're Canadian you take every possible shot you can at the French.

Seriously, who doesn't like to take a shot at the French?
Americans and Canadians dislike them pretty much. Between England and France there's a long long history of hate (100 year war, Giacobins, Napoleone and in the IIWW, France was defeated in 2 weeks and because of that England was in much trouble for a few months), Italians hate them, because of Napoleone, all the help they gave to the Pope during our indipendence wars, and because of soccer reasons. And there's not a lot of sympathy between then and the Germans too. They had a lot of wars during Middle Age and post-revolution, then Germany stole them Loire and Alsace for a long time and they made two world wars againts each other. And not to forget that the French government was the one who wanted zero tollerance with the peace after the IWW. Beacuse of that peace, Germany was in a horrible shape for many years, and that situation caused the rise of Hitler.

Chucky
05-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Last night was trouble, my friend had to get his stomach pumped, wow that was bad

diabsoule
05-06-2007, 02:32 PM
All Mexicans or people with mexican heritage = illegal immigrants?

Excellent rhetorical question, even though it does have an answer and both you and I know it.

Not drinking on or celebrating the Fifth of May in any way, sort, or form is my meager protest against illegal workers entering the U.S. through Mexico. My meek protest did not garner any national attention but it was my choice not to partake and I did so for a reason.

someone447
05-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Last night was trouble, my friend had to get his stomach pumped, wow that was bad

Turns out I wasnt able to drink last night, because i still had a hangover from thursday night. I was definitely drunk enough to have had to get my stomach pumped taht night, but instead, my friends rolled me onto my stomach. GOGO COLLEGE STUDENTS!!!

yourfavestoner
05-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Turns out I wasnt able to drink last night, because i still had a hangover from thursday night. I was definitely drunk enough to have had to get my stomach pumped taht night, but instead, my friends rolled me onto my stomach. GOGO COLLEGE STUDENTS!!!

I promise that nobody's weekend was more fuckedddd than mine yakamundo.