PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Timmons

JoeSixPac
05-05-2007, 07:48 PM
What are you opinions on how he is gonna be used in the 3-4/4-3 system?
(btw, does anyone else realize that his initials are LT, and plays the same position as the real LT? I'm don't wana put Timmons in such lofty company but does anyone think he can really become a dominant pass rushing OLB even remotely similar to LT? )

steelernation77
05-05-2007, 11:14 PM
"If you look at Lawrence Timmons, he is a guy that is capable of playing on his feet. He has put his hand on the ground some. He is capable of playing on his feet. He is capable of covering people. He is capable of being the underneath rover in some of the pressure packages."-Mike Tomlin

"One of the main reasons that we took Lawrence, number one, he is a good football player and he has exceptional burst to the ball and he arrives with an angry mood. He will definitely light you up. We think he can play inside or outside. We always thought he was flexible as far as putting him on the line, taking him off the line or walking him out and doing these things that we sometimes ask our outside linebackers to do. He is athletic enough to be either inside or outside. Will it change? We will have to wait and see once we get into training camp. I'm going to try to teach him both the inside and the outside linebacker positions. This is going to be tough for him, but he can handle it mentally. Lawrence can handle it mentally. With LaMarr, we are going to put him at outside and keep him at outside. It is enough transition for him to stand up and recognize formations and do the stuff that we ask our outside linebackers to do in this defense."-Keith Butler

"We felt like Lawrence could play inside or outside. When you play outside linebacker in our sub-package, which would remain to be seen if he will do that, we felt like on third down, if we had Lawrence in there, we could still have a three-man line and move him around a little bit, much like we did Joey last year. "-Keith Butler

www.steelers.com

Mr. Stiller
05-06-2007, 01:07 PM
You see what they do with Polamalu?

I think they'll be doing that with Timmons as well.. He'll be the "ROLB" by name, but he'll be roaming everywhere by scheme.

Also, Keisel will play a large role in what Timmons does as well.

Hines
05-06-2007, 01:15 PM
i think we can make him buff up 10-15 pounds so he can weigh 240-245 and he can move inside

that way we could possibly draft another olb in blake
or adibi

TACKLE
05-06-2007, 01:17 PM
You see what they do with Polamalu?

I think they'll be doing that with Timmons as well.. He'll be the "ROLB" by name, but he'll be roaming everywhere by scheme.

Also, Keisel will play a large role in what Timmons does as well.

Kind of like how the Ravens used Adalius Thomas.

Mr. Stiller
05-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Kind of like how the Ravens used Adalius Thomas.

exactly.. but like I said, watch how they use Keisel as well.. he's going to have a key role in this.

PittPete
05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
What I don't like about Timmons is how I have never seen a clip of him knocking the snot out someone on a tackle. since I didn't watch any FSU games in their entirety, I am limited to the clips they show over and over. He gets to the qb in a hurry, usually unblocked and slaps him to the ground.

mikehop05
05-07-2007, 12:04 PM
What I don't like about Timmons is how I have never seen a clip of him knocking the snot out someone on a tackle. since I didn't watch any FSU games in their entirety, I am limited to the clips they show over and over. He gets to the qb in a hurry, usually unblocked and slaps him to the ground.

believe me... he has laid the wood on several occasions

i get to watch almost every acc game... i saw fsu play a handful of times and the dude can pop

Mr. Stiller
05-08-2007, 01:31 AM

Woodley can pop, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/video/?c=NFL+Team&p=86487&s=1500723

whether sack or run stopping, he's a force, and he's explosive, has the room to grow.