PDA

View Full Version : Might get a really, really, good job

GiantRutgersFan
05-05-2007, 11:20 PM
word man. Basically its a job where I go out and fix people DSL lines. It pays like $15 an hour and they are looking for college kids, with the intention of possibly parlaying this into a job offer for after college (I am a full time student). I am a business major so I would move into that area rather then the technical crap (this is a fortune 500 company).

So yea, I have an interview scheduled. If I get this, I would absolutely love it. Pretty excited.

Psycho
05-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Is starting new, meaningless threads really that fun?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Good luck man. I recently got a job myself.

McBain
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
word man. Basically its a job where I go out and fix people DSL lines. It pays like $15 an hour and they are looking for college kids, with the intention of possibly parlaying this into a job offer for after college (I am a full time student). I am a business major so I would move into that area rather then the technical crap (this is a fortune 500 company).

So yea, I have an interview scheduled. If I get this, I would absolutely love it. Pretty excited.

aren't you like 10?

jayceheathman
05-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Just use your webcam and you could make more, although I am not sure if guys can make the kind of money that girls get.

Vince Lombardi
05-06-2007, 12:12 AM
That's nice and all, especially for a college kid, but I wouldn't call $15 an hour for fixing peoples DSL linesa really, really, good job.

Xonraider
05-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Just use your webcam and you could make more, although I am not sure if guys can make the kind of money that girls get.

Pedo's..
they're always willing to pay a lot to watch pics of kids...

GiantRutgersFan
05-06-2007, 12:22 AM
That's nice and all, especially for a college kid, but I wouldn't call $15 an hour for fixing peoples DSL linesa really, really, good job.

Well look at it from my perspective. I have Student loans/scholarship to pay for college, which is relatively inexpensive due to being a state school, plus my parents pay for my housing.

So I am basically making this money to do whatever I want with. Outside of a couple bills every month and the essentails of life (food, gas, etc), I can do whatever I want with the money, and for that situation, $15 an hour is a great rate.... Especially because this should be a steady job with around 30 hours in the summer, and like 20 hours when school starts up again

ncst8fan83
05-06-2007, 12:31 AM

yeah, you're a shoe-in to get this job. nothing like hiring people that don't care about the "technical crap" to do a technical job. do you really have to start new threads on every stupid aspect of your life? i mean, seriously. No one cares that you're gonna get a mediocre job while you're still in college. I think i'll start a thread the next time i have a bowel movement so you guys can help me name it...

soybean
05-06-2007, 03:20 AM
yeah, you're a shoe-in to get this job. nothing like hiring people that don't care about the "technical crap" to do a technical job. do you really have to start new threads on every stupid aspect of your life? i mean, seriously. No one cares that you're gonna get a mediocre job while you're still in college. I think i'll start a thread the next time i have a bowel movement so you guys can help me name it...

haha who the hell are you? you just joined here.

cutlerchris, what job did you get?

bearsfan_51
05-06-2007, 08:41 AM
You go........to college?

SeanTaylorRIP
05-06-2007, 08:53 AM
You go to college yet you said your mom packs your meals, hmmm......

Notredameleo
05-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Well good luck to you!!

luckyjackaubrey
05-06-2007, 09:13 AM
climbing all over poles all day seems right up your alley. Good luck !

etk
05-06-2007, 09:41 AM
word man.

I'm still in awe over this. You just said "word man" to your own comment, wow!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/talbucsfan/guidos.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-06-2007, 09:44 AM

Cashier, lol. It's my first job, so at least it's something. above min. wage, too.

Moses
05-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Cashier, lol. It's my first job, so at least it's something. above min. wage, too.

Worst. Job. Ever.

After two years working as a cashier my hate for humans as a species was at an all-time high.

JK17
05-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Worst. Job. Ever.

After two years working as a cashier my hate for humans as a species was at an all-time high.

try being a bank teller....that should make it even higher...there are some people who just shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

elway777
05-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Why do you have to confirm your in college in every thread you start?

Addict
05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Worst. Job. Ever.

Really? Mine is ever-rising.

I work in a callcenter, getting hung up on all the time, really a great way to earn a buck. (or in my case, a Euro)

UKfan
05-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I have no idea what to make of GRF, seriously! Congrats are in order I guess if it is true. I'm currently after a grad job, got through the initial phase, phone interviews and had 2 tests and a face to face interview this week. So we'll see...

GiantRutgersFan
05-06-2007, 11:47 AM
^ good luck man. Nothing is set in stone, but I got an interview so we will see

Ho0k Em'
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Your mom goes to college

Ho0k Em'
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm about to get a new job making pizza!!

sweetness34
05-06-2007, 11:52 AM

It's really, really good money but it's not a really, really good job.

KCJ58
05-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Your Just Killing Us!

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-06-2007, 12:08 PM
For our sake I hope you get it.

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
good luck, buddy...

hope it works out for you...

BuckNaked
05-06-2007, 08:50 PM

Considering nobody actually knows who you are, you pretty much have no right to talk.