PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't think I would trade away Jones and my first rounder for say 16-20. He's still got this year left in his legs, and after this year, we would get some sort of compensation draft pick.You only get compensation when players leave via free agency. If we let Briggs walk we'll probably get the 97th or 98th pick as compensation depending on what happens with Adalius Thomas.

My comment was in reference to next year's off-season. I believe that if he was top five in yards from scrimmage next year that we would receive a comp pick.

Hurricane Ditka
02-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think I would trade away Jones and my first rounder for say 16-20. He's still got this year left in his legs, and after this year, we would get some sort of compensation draft pick.You only get compensation when players leave via free agency. If we let Briggs walk we'll probably get the 97th or 98th pick as compensation depending on what happens with Adalius Thomas.

My comment was in reference to next year's off-season. I believe that if he was top five in yards from scrimmage next year that we would receive a comp pick.Maybe a 5th rounder or so if we don't sign a free agent of similar caliber. And seeing as Benson is going to start next year Jones isn't going to get close to the top five yards of anything.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
edit to prior comment: he wasn't top 5 in league. in the NFC he was top 5 in yrds from scrim. Hopefully Benson, the crack addict, starts next year. It's about time we see some productivity from this bull.

Hurricane Ditka
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
edit to prior comment: he wasn't top 5 in league. in the NFC he was top 5 in yrds from scrim. Hopefully Benson, the crack addict, starts next year. It's about time we see some productivity from this bull.Several factors determine the comp picks, since Jones has to leave from free agency for us to get a comp pick, and his contract isn't up until next year, considering theres a good chance that Cedric will start next year, and Jones' production will be down and he'll be 29 at the start of next season, we won't receive much if any compensation, and if we did we wouldn't see it until the 2009 draft.

evershot
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
what would you trade away, with the first rounder, to get a mid round 1st and griffff in that spot.

Why is everybody so worried that Griffin wouldn't be there at 31? Only once in NFL history were three safeties ever drafted in round 1.

That was in 2002 the three safeties were Roy Williams, Ed Reed and Mike Rumph.

Chances are that with Griffin being the third rated Safety he'll be there at 31.

Scouts say he could be a CB. That's why. His versatility.

All of the top 5 safeties this year have the ability to play CB. That is not a unique skill set for top safeties anymore.

I'm not saying Griffin is a bad player but I don't think the Bears have to give up anything to get him in the first.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 04:18 PM
what would you trade away, with the first rounder, to get a mid round 1st and griffff in that spot.

Why is everybody so worried that Griffin wouldn't be there at 31? Only once in NFL history were three safeties ever drafted in round 1.

Chances are that with Griffin being the third rated Safety he'll be there at 31.

All of the top 5 safeties this year have the ability to play CB. That is not a unique skill set for top safeties anymore.

I'm not saying Griffin is a bad player but I don't think the Bears have to give up anything to get him in the first.

his value as a top CB is higher than his value as a top S. shut down CB's go higher; so that explains the difference in perceived value vs. draft position.

evershot
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM

his value as a top CB is higher than his value as a top S. shut down CB's go higher; so that explains the difference in perceived value vs. draft position.

I'm sorry did you just infer that MICHAEL GRIFFIN SAFETY OF TEXAS. Has better value as a cornerback than as a safety? You also are sort of hinting that Michael Griffin can be a shutdown CB. Now your just making things up as you go.

Show me a link, article or even a napkin written on with a crayon that even says Griffin's "value as a top CB is higher than his value as a top S"

Michael Griffin is a good player and a good safety with good range and ball skills. The key word is safety here.

Hurricane Ditka
02-15-2007, 05:30 PM
When is the deadline for slapping the franchise tag on Briggs? It's starting to look less likely.

SFbear
02-15-2007, 06:04 PM
When is the deadline for slapping the franchise tag on Briggs? It's starting to look less likely.

Next week I believe.

pellepelle_10
02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
:lol:

I probably have more degrees than you have letters in your name. But yeah...intelligent..good one.

If you'd rather do that then do so. I don't think anyone wants you posting here anyway.

Reminder: I couldn't care less what you think. I'm not here to make friends with you or anyone else.
Right, and that's fine. I could care less why you're here. Just learn to *********** read before you critisize everyone and everything and things will be kosher. That was my whole point in the first place till you got into a flame fest cause I put an a where I should have put an e. If not, that's fine too, but you'll continue to come off like a jackass (and trust me you do). I'm sure you don't care about that either as that's likely become a charming aspect of your personality. Maybe you don't care about daily hygiene or any other aspects of common courtesy either.

I second that. I'm not even wasting my time responding to that ignorant remark of his. Give him his pack of gold stars so he can fill his chart and pat himself on the back for all the good work he's supposedly accomplished. I'm not wasting my time arguing with kids.

Smokey Joe
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
No offense Scott... but that is a horrible Bears mock. Ruben Brown or Eric Steinbach or maybe even both will be with the Bears next year more than likely, plus there is Metcalf and Garza.

And Chandler doesn't fit the Bears at all. Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith like a TE who can actually block. Not someone who is just a passing threat. Chandler really reminds me of Zach Hilton, a very good receiver, but he can't block worth a lick. I think Chandler is going to fall all the way to the 4th or 5th mainly on just because of the questions about his blocking.

Snaznits
02-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Next week I believe.Poluzski? is there a chance now?

Hurricane Ditka
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
No offense Scott... but that is a horrible Bears mock. Ruben Brown or Eric Steinbach or maybe even both will be with the Bears next year more than likely, plus there is Metcalf and Garza.

And Chandler doesn't fit the Bears at all. Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith like a TE who can actually block. Not someone who is just a passing threat. Chandler really reminds me of Zach Hilton, a very good receiver, but he can't block worth a lick. I think Chandler is going to fall all the way to the 4th or 5th mainly on just because of the questions about his blocking.What about maybe even neither? Steinbach's could go for the paycheck, and Brown could go for the golf course. Although I don't object to signing him the forum mock, I don't think signing Eric Steinbach is a smart move for the Bears, will the amount of money he'll draw and our draft position we can get younger more affordable options that we can develop. The elite teams in this league, have stayed elite teams do to a large part to their offensive lines, which were built through the draft. Look at what young talented players did for the Jets and Packers, and look at the Patriots and Colts, who's success is largely due to their offensive lines. While I don't like Grubbs, and think Ugoh should be the pick their I can see going offensive line. I like Chandler but not in the second.

Smokey Joe
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Best signing of the offseason... by far! (http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3070)

Snaznits
02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes in deed! Go toub!

bigbluedefense
02-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Todd McShay has Poz going to you guys. I don't like nor get the fit.

sweetness34
02-15-2007, 06:59 PM
edit to prior comment: he wasn't top 5 in league. in the NFC he was top 5 in yrds from scrim. Hopefully Benson, the crack addict, starts next year. It's about time we see some productivity from this bull.

I'd like to believe you're joking but with your prior history to ignorant posts, I don't know. What the **** dude? I don't think Cedric is one of the greatest guys in the league but jesus christ man, enough with these types of comments.

Cedric did produce this year WHEN he got carries. But when TJ is starting in front of you, racking up 20+ a game, it's kinda hard to get into a rythmn.

SFbear
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Very happy about the Toub signing :D. I think is a sign that management is serious about winning. Still got a few more signings to go but definitely a good way to start the offseason.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM

I'd like to believe you're joking but with your prior history to ignorant posts, I don't know. What the *********** dude? I don't think Cedric is one of the greatest guys in the league but jesus christ man, enough with these types of comments.

Cedric did produce this year WHEN he got carries. But when TJ is starting in front of you, racking up 20+ a game, it's kinda hard to get into a rythmn.

with the tattoos. this has already been stated and confirmed by multiple posters.

pellepelle_10
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM

I'd like to believe you're joking but with your prior history to ignorant posts, I don't know. What the *********** dude? I don't think Cedric is one of the greatest guys in the league but jesus christ man, enough with these types of comments.

Sweetness seriously bro..just save your breath on it. Your good commentary is better suited for someone else. Don't waste your time on these individuals.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:10 PM

I probably have more degrees than you have letters in your name. But yeah...intelligent..good one.

If you'd rather do that then do so. I don't think anyone wants you posting here anyway.

Reminder: I couldn't care less what you think. I'm not here to make friends with you or anyone else.
Right, and that's fine. I could care less why you're here. Just learn to *********** read before you critisize everyone and everything and things will be kosher. That was my whole point in the first place till you got into a flame fest cause I put an a where I should have put an e. If not, that's fine too, but you'll continue to come off like a jackass (and trust me you do). I'm sure you don't care about that either as that's likely become a charming aspect of your personality. Maybe you don't care about daily hygiene or any other aspects of common courtesy either.

I second that. I'm not even wasting my time responding to that ignorant remark of his. Give him his pack of gold stars so he can fill his chart and pat himself on the back for all the good work he's supposedly accomplished. I'm not wasting my time arguing with kids.

that's funny because i don't give a flying * about what you think either.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Sweetness seriously bro..just save your breath on it. Your good commentary is better suited for someone else. Don't waste your time on these individuals.

you add no value. please stop practicing your typing "skillz" on these message boards.

VoteLynnSwan
02-15-2007, 08:19 PM

no one gives a flying **** that you don't give a flying ****...

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM

I'm sorry did you just infer that MICHAEL GRIFFIN SAFETY OF TEXAS. Has better value as a cornerback than as a safety? You also are sort of hinting that Michael Griffin can be a shutdown CB. Now your just making things up as you go.

Show me a link, article or even a napkin written on with a crayon that even says Griffin's "value as a top CB is higher than his value as a top S"

Michael Griffin is a good player and a good safety with good range and ball skills. The key word is safety here.

if you think a top S draft pick is more valuable than a top CB pick, then you're officially out of your mind. ask scott. if he says otherwise, i'll put it in my sig.

just think of the top 10 draft picks that were safeties. huff, taylor, williams.

now think of top 10 cb draft picks recently: pac man, deangelo, rolle, jammer, robinson. almost every draft a cb or two goes before the top S. so that's proof in itself.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM

no one gives a flying *********** that you don't give a flying ***********...

lynn, no one has a problem with you. you're actually an intelligent human who has developed English skills.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:32 PM

i've never said that griffin is going to play CB. i'm saying the perception of him possibly playing CB boosts his stock. he lacks the speed. please note what i wrote.

pellepelle_10
02-15-2007, 08:38 PM

*yawn* You bore me kid. Go play with your Etch A Sketch or something.

NYmoney
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM

http://www.tristarproductions.com/PhotoGallery/HOU_105/BENSON.jpg

top 3 pieces of evidence that cedric benson is a crack-addict-head-case:
1. cried on tv because the bears were mean to him by asking psychological questions
2. cooked thanksgiving dinner by himself
3. the tats.

Smokey Joe
02-15-2007, 09:12 PM

1. cried on tv because the bears were mean to him by asking psychological questions
3. the tats.
Yep... everyone with tats are drug addicts... :roll:

dabears10
02-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm new and all, but NYmoney you are useless here. You do not care what people think of you and no one listens to you. However, you continue to post over and over again for no apparent reason. It is quite remarkable on how inane and tedious your posts have become between actual information I am trying to pick up. Congratulations you are worthless.

evershot
02-15-2007, 09:25 PM

i've never said that griffin is going to play CB. i'm saying the perception of him possibly playing CB boosts his stock. he lacks the speed. please note what i wrote.

I did noted what you wrote. In fact let me repeat what you wrote "value as a top CB is higher than his value as a top S".

I again request that you produce proof that backs up this statement. Your claims are completely baseless in fact how does he have the "perception" that he can play CB if he "lacks the speed"?

pellepelle_10
02-15-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm new and all, but NYmoney you are useless here. You do not care what people think of you and no one listens to you. However, you continue to post over and over again for no apparent reason. It is quite remarkable on how inane and tedious your posts have become between actual information I am trying to pick up. Congratulations you are worthless.

I'm advising everyone to give a courtesy flush. He's not going down easy.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3070

Yes!!! I wanted to keep Dave Toub more than anyone. This is a tremendous sign (although I could have gone for more than 3 years) and hopefully is a sign of things to come with Lovie.

Smokey Joe
02-15-2007, 09:35 PM

Yes!!! I wanted to keep Dave Toub more than anyone. This is a tremendous sign (although I could have gone for more than 3 years) and hopefully is a sign of things to come with Lovie.
:?

Best signing of the offseason... by far! (http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3070)

bearsfan_51
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM

3. the tats.

*shakes head*

You may know how to spell, but you're a ******* idiot.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Yeah I posted before I scrolled back. Didn't mean to steal your Dave Toub thunder. :P

Smokey Joe
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM

Yeah I posted before I scrolled back. Didn't mean to steal your Dave Toub thunder. :P
Well, you did, and the damage has been done :cry:

Hurricane Ditka
02-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm new and all, but NYmoney you are useless here. You do not care what people think of you and no one listens to you. However, you continue to post over and over again for no apparent reason. It is quite remarkable on how inane and tedious your posts have become between actual information I am trying to pick up. Congratulations you are worthless.I like you, I see good things in your future.

FunJokeshere
02-16-2007, 02:31 AM
ok i know it has been suggested before but...

lets make it official...everyone ignore any post made by NYmoney

do not respond to him or even make any reference to him because we all know that he knows absolutely nothing about football or life in general...i pray that we bears fans can come together and agree on this...

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm new and all, but NYmoney you are useless here. You do not care what people think of you and no one listens to you. However, you continue to post over and over again for no apparent reason. It is quite remarkable on how inane and tedious your posts have become between actual information I am trying to pick up. Congratulations you are worthless.I like you, I see good things in your future.

db10, couldn't care less what you think either. add value before commenting on other people, and don't comment about your elder.

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 08:17 AM

do not respond to him or even make any reference to him because we all know that he knows absolutely nothing about football or life in general...i pray that we bears fans can come together and agree on this...

DENIED

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 08:20 AM

3. the tats.
Yep... everyone with tats are drug addicts... :roll:

1. way to ignore the majority of points made
2. the underlying theme of playful nature has been ignored, but I have grown to almost expect that from you fools.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2007, 10:32 AM
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0222/ending_sim/dr_mario_360.jpg

Snaznits
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM

do not respond to him or even make any reference to him because we all know that he knows absolutely nothing about football or life in general...i pray that we bears fans can come together and agree on this...Motion Second! After that whole tat thing his cred has dropped tremedously!

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 02:51 PM

do not respond to him or even make any reference to him because we all know that he knows absolutely nothing about football or life in general...i pray that we bears fans can come together and agree on this...Motion Second! After that whole tat thing his cred has dropped tremedously!

i'm glad our thread now has nothing to do with the Chicago Bears. This is quite informative.

pellepelle_10
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM

The status of a true loser.

Getting no attention on a message board let alone real life.

Time to jump off a bridge and call it quits. LMAOOO!!!

Hey Ditka when are you making another mock draft?

bearsfan_51
02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3079

YAAAAAYY!!!! :D

VoteLynnSwan
02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
It would be pretty sweet if someone where to give up two first round picks for him... after all, the Knicks did give up 2 first rounders for Eddy Curry...

blkwdw13
02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't mind if they did but I highly doubt it, especially since most of the teams that where really interested in him have pretty high draft picks this year, atleast from what I remember.

SFbear
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM

So far this offseason is going great. I really think this team is serious about getting to the Superbowl again. Question is do we still draft someone to take over for Briggs in a year? Maybe a late round sleeper.

Smokey Joe
02-16-2007, 06:27 PM

So far this offseason is going great. I really think this team is serious about getting to the Superbowl again. Question is do we still draft someone to take over for Briggs in a year? Maybe a late round sleeper.
We already did last year... his name is Jamar Williams.

sweetness34
02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
**** yea...We're either going to get a huge amount of draft picks for Briggs or he'll be back for another year, ******* awesome!

One less area to address on draft day! :D

SFbear
02-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Im thinking JA drafted Jamar more as a solid backup that could play both inside and outside linebacker rather than Brigg's eventual replacement. With his injury last year Im not sure we saw enough of him to just say that thats our guy if Brigg's leaves with any confidence. We can see how Jamar develops over the next season and draft someone next year if he doesn't seem to be starter material but it might be a safer to get someone this year with more starter potential to groom. Then again we might just sign Brigg's long term and this will all be moot.

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 06:53 PM

JA saves the day. Job well done.

Smokey Joe
02-16-2007, 08:36 PM
*********** yea...We're either going to get a huge amount of draft picks for Briggs or he'll be back for another year, *********** awesome!

One less area to address on draft day! :D
unless if he holdouts :?

Hurricane Ditka
02-16-2007, 09:17 PM

The status of a true loser.

Getting no attention on a message board let alone real life.

Time to jump off a bridge and call it quits. LMAOOO!!!

Hey Ditka when are you making another mock draft?I don't know.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2007, 09:55 PM

I'd rather have Leon Joe starting than Williams. Williams is a backup/special teams player in my eyes like SFbear stated.

Smokey Joe
02-16-2007, 10:06 PM

I'd rather have Leon Joe starting than Williams. Williams is a backup/special teams player in my eyes like SFbear stated.
Leon Joe is complete garbage. I'd rather see Gould step in at WILL then Joe. I just think JA drafted Jamar Williams because he sees something in him, he did reach for him quite a bit.

Hurricane Ditka
02-16-2007, 10:08 PM

I'd rather have Leon Joe starting than Williams. Williams is a backup/special teams player in my eyes like SFbear stated.Well toonster thinks Jamar Williams is the man. And toonster is the man.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2007, 10:11 PM

I'd rather have Leon Joe starting than Williams. Williams is a backup/special teams player in my eyes like SFbear stated.Well toonster thinks Jamar Williams is the man. And toonster is the man.
Toonster also thought the Indians and Cubs would play in the World Series. It's not like he's never wrong.

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 10:13 PM

why would JA select a backup in the 4th round? that's very unlike Jesus Angelo.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Todd Johnson, Kyle Orton, and Leon Joe just off the top of my head. Most 2nd day players are drafted to be backup/special teams players.

NYmoney
02-16-2007, 10:20 PM

Todd Johnson, Kyle Orton, and Leon Joe just off the top of my head. Most 2nd day players are drafted to be backup/special teams players.
5th - 7th is for backups. A mid 4th round is still a somewhat valuable pick, whereas 5th - 7ths are significantly less valuable. watch this year's draft and top half of 4th round will be teams still adressing potential starters via the draft.

Snaznits
02-17-2007, 07:05 AM

Todd Johnson, Kyle Orton, and Leon Joe just off the top of my head. Most 2nd day players are drafted to be backup/special teams players.What a peice of crap! Don't mind dropping this player!

evershot
02-17-2007, 07:34 AM
It's great that the Bears got Lance Briggs Franchised but if the Bears don't sign Briggs to a long term contract should they draft a LB on day 1 that could be viewed as an eventual replacement? Or should Angelo just try to work the middle rounds again to find another gem?

blkwdw13
02-17-2007, 10:11 AM
What do you guys think of this draft wish list for the Bears,

1. Michael Griffin SS
2. Kareem Brown DT
3. Doug Datish OG
4. Ben Patrick TE
5. Jacoby Jones WR
6. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA

I like Griffin to either replace Brown in the future or incase he goes down with an injury again, Kareem Brown because I'm not sold on the DT position especially since Boone and Scott are most likely leaving and Dusty in unknown. Datish for OL depth and a possible future starter same with Ben Patrick, and Jacoby Jones because he could be great in a few years and possibly become an impact player but in the fifth round he bust and it wouldn't hurt.

Snaznits
02-17-2007, 11:39 AM
What are the chances that the bears pick up Brandon Meriweather in the Draft?

bearfan
02-17-2007, 11:49 AM

I hope 110%

Bearsfan123
02-17-2007, 12:01 PM

1. Michael Griffin SS
2. Kareem Brown DT
3. Doug Datish OG
4. Ben Patrick TE
5. Jacoby Jones WR
6. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA

I like Griffin to either replace Brown in the future or incase he goes down with an injury again, Kareem Brown because I'm not sold on the DT position especially since Boone and Scott are most likely leaving and Dusty in unknown. Datish for OL depth and a possible future starter same with Ben Patrick, and Jacoby Jones because he could be great in a few years and possibly become an impact player but in the fifth round he bust and it wouldn't hurt.

Michael Griffin would be a steal, but John Wendling would suffice in the second. Arron Sears as a G our T wouldnt be bad. Ben Grubbs or Josh Beekman, Doug Datish. I say for DT help Marcus Thomas in the 6th. I love Ben Patrick in the 4th. Laurent Robinson, or Jacoby Jones to take Justin Gages spot.

NYmoney
02-17-2007, 12:10 PM

40%. Largely depends on how well he does at the combines and interviews.

Bearsfan123
02-17-2007, 12:28 PM
1. OT: Levi Brown- A Pipe dream.1st TU
Arron Sears-A versatile guy. 1st
Joe Staley-A athletic tackle.1st
Tony Ugoh-A guy with LT possibility1st, maybe 2nd
Ryan Harris- Athletic tackle-2nd-3rd
Doug Free- Local product 3rd-4th

2. OG: Justin Blalock-one of the best run blockers1st
Ben Grubbs-Great upside, good program1st-2nd
Josh Beekman-good size 2nd
Manuel Ramirez- a hard worker whos good at the poa. 2nd-3rd
Mike Jones-good upside 3rd-4th

3. S: Michael Griffin- If he falls it will be because of #s. 1st TU
Eric Weddle- A playmaker that really is a tweener. 2nd
John Wendling- A guy who could be a steal. 2nd
Aaron Rouse- Might be a linebacker but solid skills 2nd
Michael Johnson-Not a speed demon, but neither is Mike Brown 3rd-4th

4. OLB: Pozlusny- Another guy who might fall due to #s. 1st TU
Jon Beason-Very quick lber 2nd
Earl Everett- another very athletic backer 2nd
Rufus Alexander- a backer who comes from a program we like 2nd
Justin Durant- Doesnt disengage well but a solid athlete 3rd

5. TE: Greg Olsen-A smooth athlete with good hands 2nd
Zach Miller- all around solid player but cant stretch the field 2nd
Scott Chandler- a solid athlete that has alot of upside 3rd-4th
Ben Patrick- a guy with good hands but not a speed threat 3rd-4th

6. WR: Paul Williams- a guy with great physical tools but an underachiever 3rd
Rhema McKnight- a great blocker who will be an asset in the run game 4th
Steve Smith-a good route runner with reliable hands, not the best character 4th-5th
Jacoby Jones-a guy I know nothing about 4th-5th
Jarret Hicks- a guy whos been productive but might be a product of the system 4th-6th
Laurent Robinson- a sleeper who could become special 5th

Snaznits
02-17-2007, 12:35 PM

I hope 110%Same here! :)

SFbear
02-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Todd Johnson, Kyle Orton, and Leon Joe just off the top of my head. Most 2nd day players are drafted to be backup/special teams players.What a peice of crap! Don't mind dropping this player!

I like having Todd Johnson on the roster because he is a solid vet backup and hes a good special teams contributor. We would have had a better performance in the Superbowl at the safety position if Johnson was healthy IMO.

A big part of this teams success is that we have backups that are great special teams contributors like Adrian Peterson, Ayanbadejo, Worrel, Wesley, Jamar Williams, and Todd Johnson. This is probably one of JAs most underrated accomplishments and one reason our special teams are so good.

Snaznits
02-17-2007, 02:52 PM

I like having Todd Johnson on the roster because he is a solid vet backup and hes a good special teams contributor. We would have had a better performance in the Superbowl at the safety position if Johnson was healthy IMO.

A big part of this teams success is that we have backups that are great special teams contributors like Adrian Peterson, Ayanbadejo, Worrel, Wesley, Jamar Williams, and Todd Johnson. This is probably one of JAs most underrated accomplishments and one reason our special teams are so good.Peice of crap too!

pellepelle_10
02-17-2007, 10:47 PM

1. Michael Griffin SS
2. Kareem Brown DT
3. Doug Datish OG
4. Ben Patrick TE
5. Jacoby Jones WR
6. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA

I'm hoping your right for the 1st round draft pick.

1. Michael Griffin - SS - Texas
2. Rufus Alexander OLB - Oklahoma or Beason - OLB - Miami
3. Jason Hill - WR - Washington State or Steve Smith - WR - USC

Hurricane Ditka
02-17-2007, 10:55 PM

1. Michael Griffin SS
2. Kareem Brown DT
3. Doug Datish OG
4. Ben Patrick TE
5. Jacoby Jones WR
6. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA

3. Jason Hill - WR - Washington State or Steve Smith - WR - USCWe're going Oline at least once on day one. We need a young left tackle.

pellepelle_10
02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
1. OT: Levi Brown- A Pipe dream.1st TU
Arron Sears-A versatile guy. 1st
Joe Staley-A athletic tackle.1st
Tony Ugoh-A guy with LT possibility1st, maybe 2nd
Ryan Harris- Athletic tackle-2nd-3rd
Doug Free- Local product 3rd-4th

2. OG: Justin Blalock-one of the best run blockers1st
Ben Grubbs-Great upside, good program1st-2nd
Josh Beekman-good size 2nd
Manuel Ramirez- a hard worker whos good at the poa. 2nd-3rd
Mike Jones-good upside 3rd-4th

3. S: Michael Griffin- If he falls it will be because of #s. 1st TU
Eric Weddle- A playmaker that really is a tweener. 2nd
John Wendling- A guy who could be a steal. 2nd
Aaron Rouse- Might be a linebacker but solid skills 2nd
Michael Johnson-Not a speed demon, but neither is Mike Brown 3rd-4th

4. OLB: Pozlusny- Another guy who might fall due to #s. 1st TU
Jon Beason-Very quick lber 2nd
Earl Everett- another very athletic backer 2nd
Rufus Alexander- a backer who comes from a program we like 2nd
Justin Durant- Doesnt disengage well but a solid athlete 3rd

5. TE: Greg Olsen-A smooth athlete with good hands 2nd
Zach Miller- all around solid player but cant stretch the field 2nd
Scott Chandler- a solid athlete that has alot of upside 3rd-4th
Ben Patrick- a guy with good hands but not a speed threat 3rd-4th

6. WR: Paul Williams- a guy with great physical tools but an underachiever 3rd
Rhema McKnight- a great blocker who will be an asset in the run game 4th
Steve Smith-a good route runner with reliable hands, not the best character 4th-5th
Jacoby Jones-a guy I know nothing about 4th-5th
Jarret Hicks- a guy whos been productive but might be a product of the system 4th-6th
Laurent Robinson- a sleeper who could become special 5th

I like this list bearsfan! I have to say that Jason Hill and Steve Smith are ranked much higher on my WR list that what you've stated. We don't really need any speedster WR's and Paul Williams is another project. We have Berrian and Bradley already. I think at the WR position a guy who is capable of catching balls ala (Marty Booker or Bobby Engram of old) would be a significant help.

Also at TE I'd select Miller over Olsen for the simple fact he's been much more consistent. Also Miller performed good with having another WR on the team also (Hagan)

pellepelle_10
02-17-2007, 11:10 PM

1. Michael Griffin SS
2. Kareem Brown DT
3. Doug Datish OG
4. Ben Patrick TE
5. Jacoby Jones WR
6. BPA
7. BPA
7. BPA

3. Jason Hill - WR - Washington State or Steve Smith - WR - USCWe're going Oline at least once on day one. We need a young left tackle.

I could even see us going OL maybe in the 3rd and still having a shot at either Hill, Smith or Rhema in the 4th.

bearsfan_51
02-17-2007, 11:44 PM

You realize there are 31 other teams right?

Hurricane Ditka
02-17-2007, 11:53 PM

You realize there are 31 other teams right?Do you really think Jerry Angelo is going make the falling 1st round talent due to off the field issues mistake again.

pellepelle_10
02-18-2007, 12:14 AM

You realize there are 31 other teams right?Do you really think Jerry Angelo is going make the falling 1st round talent due to off the field issues mistake again.

I think he'll take a chance on him. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have taken Dusty this past season from Oklahoma. We kept Manning Jr. Tank made a mistake and I think he'll get it together. He's about to be acquitted anyways.

Hurricane Ditka
02-18-2007, 10:23 AM

I think he'll take a chance on him. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have taken Dusty this past season from Oklahoma. We kept Manning Jr. Tank made a mistake and I think he'll get it together. He's about to be acquitted anyways.Dusty actually made an effort to reform his behavior, took anger management and AA's classes.

VoteLynnSwan
02-18-2007, 03:42 PM

I think he'll take a chance on him. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have taken Dusty this past season from Oklahoma. We kept Manning Jr. Tank made a mistake and I think he'll get it together. He's about to be acquitted anyways.Dusty actually made an effort to reform his behavior, took anger management and AA's classes.

the difference with the three guys mentioned was that they were off-the-field incidents... Jerry doesn't tolerate players with on the field issues.

dabears10
02-18-2007, 03:44 PM
How long did we sign griese for???

pellepelle_10
02-18-2007, 04:18 PM

You have no choice but to take AA classes when you're an alcoholic. They are state mandated. Don't think Dusty one day said..hey I'm going to take some AA classes and anger management. His coaches at Oklahoma set an altimatum for him. Take come classes and clean your Sht up..or leave. There are no classes for gun addiction(the guy had licenses in Arizona for them)..its not an addiction. There was Mary Jane though and that can be a problem if infact he was tested for drugs in his system (which apparently wasn't the case or he wouldn't have played 2 wks later). They both are problems though.

Smokey Joe
02-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Check it out!
<<<---------------

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
this is prety old but I found it funny.
http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

Snaznits
02-18-2007, 07:09 PM
http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html :roll: :?

VoteLynnSwan
02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

at least Rex Grossman CAN throw it deep... Aaron Brooks and Big Andrew Walter didn't do too much of that...

Hurricane Ditka
02-18-2007, 08:41 PM

You have no choice but to take AA classes when you're an alcoholic. They are state mandated. Don't think Dusty one day said..hey I'm going to take some AA classes and anger management. His coaches at Oklahoma set an altimatum for him. Take come classes and clean your Sht up..or leave. There are no classes for gun addiction(the guy had licenses in Arizona for them)..its not an addiction. There was Mary Jane though and that can be a problem if infact he was tested for drugs in his system (which apparently wasn't the case or he wouldn't have played 2 wks later). They both are problems though. A. pro athletes can afford urine replacements (the wizinator anyone?), body cleansing drinks and such. B. there is nothing wrong morally or otherwise with smoking a little dope. C. Merriweather kicked some guys face in, during a game, that's different than Dusty getting drunk with his buddy and it getting a little out of hand.

Snaznits
02-18-2007, 08:47 PM
So what are the chances of hester putting a good word for Merriweather will help?

sweetness34
02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey if you guys are interested I'm doing a Mock Draft Contest again this season. So go in the Mock Draft section and if you're interested, vote yes in the poll.

NYmoney
02-19-2007, 09:43 AM

where is the value added in that comment? News Flash: 32 teams in the NFL!!

bearsfan_51
02-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Becuase 40% is an insane prediction. If there are 31 others teams that could potentially take him, and given the fact that he's a round 2-3 prospect almost any team could take him with that pick, it's absurd to think that there is much more of a 5-10% chance the Bears will take him.

Perhaps the better question is, "what's the likelyhood the Bears will consider taking him?", which I think is probably closer to your % prediction.

bearsfan_51
02-19-2007, 10:58 AM
So what are the chances of hester putting a good word for Merriweather will help?
None.

Snaznits
02-19-2007, 11:20 AM

where is the value added in that comment? News Flash: 32 teams in the NFL!! Umm! Wow NY! Wow! How old are you again?

sweetness34
02-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Notice he said "other" NY. Or maybe you can't read. Besides the Bears, there are 31 other teams in the NFL.

NYmoney
02-19-2007, 12:02 PM

Notice he said "other" NY. Or maybe you can't read. Besides the Bears, there are 31 other teams in the NFL.

I can't read? That's amazing. I think the problem here is your inability to comprehend English. 31 other teams + 1 team=32.

VoteLynnSwan
02-19-2007, 01:32 PM
edit: i get it now...

bearsfan_51
02-19-2007, 02:02 PM

I can't read? That's amazing. I think the problem here is your inability to comprehend English. 31 other teams + 1 team=32.
Yeah I have no idea where sweetness was going with that, but that's completely beside the point. Read my post if you want to see where I was going.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Chico not coming back..

I don't mind it all.

Hopefully Babich is a lot more aggressive.

Smokey Joe
02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Chico not coming back..

I don't mind it all.

Hopefully Babich is a lot more aggressive.
I agree. Plus, Rivera was becomming a distraction in the postseason with all the HC rumors and such...

I think, like 51 has said a ton, that Babich is going to be a great DC. He knows the system as well as anyone, and he will, like you said, hopefully be more agressive and change the gameplan when need to.

sweetness34
02-19-2007, 03:51 PM

31 OTHER TEAMS dude (not including Chicago). He was not mentioning the Bears in that comment from what I could see. So therefore, 32 -1 = 31 other teams.

Here's his quote:

"You realize that there are 31 OTHER teams in the NFL right?"

That constitutes him not talking about the Bears. Again, one less than 32 is 31 if my basic math serves me right.

Is it really that hard to understand what I'm trying to say?

Bearsfan123
02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I read on Foxsports.com that the Texans would trade Carr for as little as a third rd pick. Could bringing in competition for Grossman be helpful?

sweetness34
02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I read on Foxsports.com that the Texans would trade Carr for as little as a third rd pick. Could bringing in competition for Grossman be helpful?

A 3rd Round pick for David Carr? :shock: TJ is 1st Round value if someone gives up that much for an average starting QB.

Griese is competition for Rex.

aic4ever
02-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Ron Rivera is out the door...Gentleman, say hello to second place. :lol: Oh wait, no, thats right, its Lovies defense. :roll:

Smokey Joe
02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Ron Rivera is out the door...Gentleman, say hello to second place. :lol: Oh wait, no, thats right, its Lovies defense. :roll:
Yeah, it is Lovie's defense... and Babich knows the system as well as anyone. If anything, the D gets even better-excluding injuries of course.

Bearsfan123
02-19-2007, 06:08 PM

A 3rd Round pick for David Carr? :shock: TJ is 1st Round value if someone gives up that much for an average starting QB.

not even close, TJ is an old RB which has passed his prime. Carr is fairly young with alot of potential to be tapped. Big difference, and Griese doesnt have potential to be the future of a franchise, Carr does.

Snaznits
02-19-2007, 06:14 PM

31 OTHER TEAMS dude (not including Chicago). He was not mentioning the Bears in that comment from what I could see. So therefore, 32 -1 = 31 other teams.

Here's his quote:

"You realize that there are 31 OTHER teams in the NFL right?"

That constitutes him not talking about the Bears. Again, one less than 32 is 31 if my basic math serves me right.

Is it really that hard to understand what I'm trying to say?Tip of the Iceberg! Nice going NY! :wink:

sweetness34
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM

not even close, TJ is an old RB which has passed his prime. Carr is fairly young with alot of potential to be tapped. Big difference, and Griese doesnt have potential to be the future of a franchise, Carr does.

I wouldn't give up a piece of cornbread for David Carr. Griese is a very good backup and he's plenty of competition.

And like I said, if Carr renders a 3rd rounder, then TJ renders a 1st or a 2nd.

pellepelle_10
02-20-2007, 03:45 AM

You have no choice but to take AA classes when you're an alcoholic. They are state mandated. Don't think Dusty one day said..hey I'm going to take some AA classes and anger management. His coaches at Oklahoma set an altimatum for him. Take come classes and clean your Sht up..or leave. There are no classes for gun addiction(the guy had licenses in Arizona for them)..its not an addiction. There was Mary Jane though and that can be a problem if infact he was tested for drugs in his system (which apparently wasn't the case or he wouldn't have played 2 wks later). They both are problems though. A. pro athletes can afford urine replacements (the wizinator anyone?), body cleansing drinks and such. B. there is nothing wrong morally or otherwise with smoking a little dope. C. Merriweather kicked some guys face in, during a game, that's different than Dusty getting drunk with his buddy and it getting a little out of hand.

This is my point Ditka.
They both are problems

pellepelle_10
02-20-2007, 03:48 AM

How do you figure? What wear and tear does this guy have over the career he's played? Lets take a look at the workload he's endured...umm..can we say hardly any? I'm not saying he's going to last forever but he definatelly has a chance of playing longer than most rb's for the simple fact he's had minimal carries his first 3 years. Calling him old and past his prime is far fetched if you ask me.

NYmoney
02-20-2007, 08:33 AM

How do you figure? What wear and tear does this guy have over the career he's played? Lets take a look at the workload he's endured...umm..can we say hardly any? I'm not saying he's going to last forever but he definatelly has a chance of playing longer than most rb's for the simple fact he's had minimal carries his first 3 years. Calling him old and past his prime is far fetched if you ask me.

He isn't old, but history says his production will begin to tail off. I don't agree that Carr for a 3rd round means TJ for a 1st round. A rb is nearly a commodity, while qb's are a special asset in the NFL.

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM

He isn't old, but history says his production will begin to tail off. I don't agree that Carr for a 3rd round means TJ for a 1st round. A rb is nearly a commodity, while qb's are a special asset in the NFL.

I was being sarcastic my friend. David Carr is an average NFL QB, while TJ is a proven 1200 yard rusher with 2 or 3 good years left in him. If Carr goes for a 3rd, then that will raise TJ's stock in my eyes. Definitely not to the 1st Round but possibly 2nd Round. Although I doubt we even get that for TJ if we trade him.

dabears10
02-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I know I'd be in the minority, but I'd trade Griese for Carr and a 2nd day draft pick.

It may work, but I'm not sure what kubiak's realtionship with griese was on the Broncos.

bearsfan_51
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I know I'd be in the minority, but I'd trade Griese for Carr and a 2nd day draft pick.

It may work, but I'm not sure what kubiak's realtionship with griese was on the Broncos.
This isn't Madden. You can't trade a player one year into a 5 year contract.

NYmoney
02-20-2007, 02:55 PM

I'd rather have a vet, of Griese's status, as a backup than Carr. The later would be less than happy to be backing up Grossman, whereas Griese did not air his complaints once this year. I'm not big on Griese, but I think he's better suited for the role.

02-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I would much rather have carr than griese, carr has potential, griese is done, i wouldnt give up our 3rd but I think carr is better

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I would much rather have carr than griese, carr has potential, griese is done, i wouldnt give up our 3rd but I think carr is better

How is Carr better? I'd like to hear this one. He may have more potential but he's not better than Griese.

NYmoney
02-20-2007, 04:08 PM

How is Carr better? I'd like to hear this one. He may have more potential but he's not better than Griese.

Bingo!

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 04:19 PM

Bingo!

Hey we agreed on something. :shock: :lol:

NYmoney
02-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Bingo!

Hey we agreed on something. :shock: :lol:

# of all-time acquiesce moments: 1

bearsfan_51
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Griese is done? He had a 100 passer rating like 2-3 years ago. Either way, once again, you guys are debating something that is completely offbase. It's not going to happen.

Hurricane Ditka
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Babich is the DC, not unexpected. I'm conflicted on the Rivera decision, I want to think it was smart, but I really don't think it was.

bearsfan_51
02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Smokey that supposed trade you're talking about is f'n terrible. Absolutely disgustingly terrible. If you make it I will probably mock you for the rest of your life.

SFbear
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Babich is the DC, not unexpected. I'm conflicted on the Rivera decision, I want to think it was smart, but I really don't think it was.

It'll be hard to see whether it was a good decision until we actually see the defense in action. I see Babich as simply an extension of Lovie so I can't imagine there being too much of a difference unless Rivera was a terrible coordinator in the first place. If Rivera had a a vastly different approach to Lovie he would have been overruled anyways.

Who knows? Maybe we'll see better in game adjustments and less blaming players after key playoff losses with a tone of righteous indignation.

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Smokey that supposed trade you're talking about is f'n terrible. Absolutely disgustingly terrible. If you make it I will probably mock you for the rest of your life.

Was it for Briggs going to Arizona? Yea I heard that deal too. I said I wouldn't do it.

Snaznits
02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
So did lovie ever get that new deal?

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM

Not yet. But they are talking I think.

sweetness34
02-21-2007, 12:03 AM
http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/78088_matter.jpg

BUMP!

NYmoney
02-21-2007, 09:52 AM
negative

SFbear
02-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Anybody hear any rumors about who were looking at for D-line coach? We got Butkus's nephew for O-line coach. He's pretty young considering our veteran line. Im pretty puzzled by it because Im not sure if its going to be an upgrade.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Anybody hear any rumors about who were looking at for D-line coach? We got Butkus's nephew for O-line coach. He's pretty young considering our veteran line. Im pretty puzzled by it because Im not sure if its going to be an upgrade.
He's the assistant offensive line coach. Henry Hiestand is still the o-line coach.

SFbear
02-21-2007, 03:30 PM
He's the assistant offensive line coach. Henry Hiestand is still the o-line coach.

Whoops.

SFbear
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Smith's agent says talks with Bears have broken down

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2774459
Barring what Lovie Smith's agent calls an "unforseen breakthrough," the Chicago Bears coach expects to return for the 2007 season without a new contract.

Could just be a negotiating move by the agent but not reassuring in the least.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-21-2007, 09:38 PM
This is disgraceful.

The man has been paid less than coordinators the last few years.

Stop being so ******* cheap and pay the man.

Lovie has been nothing but a class act since being here.. Pay the man what he deserves.

It's embarassing to even be a Bears fan right now.. Big Market team fresh off a SB appereance and they can't cough up the $$ for an extension?

If he goes into next season without a contract there's a 0% chance the Bears win the SB next year.. I can't even imagine how big of a distraction it would be towards the team.

But what do you expect with that cheap **** that is Virginia McCaskey.. I hope the ***** croaks if she continues to try and low ball Lovie.

Hurricane Ditka
02-21-2007, 09:40 PM
What on earth does your username mean?

And calling the daughter of the NFL's father a c you next Tuesday is a no-no.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM

Has to do with Poker

SFbear
02-21-2007, 11:02 PM
This is disgraceful.

Stop being so *********** cheap and pay the man.

Lovie has been nothing but a class act since being here.. Pay the man what he deserves.

It's embarassing to even be a Bears fan right now.. Big Market team fresh off a SB appereance and they can't cough up the $$ for an extension?

If he goes into next season without a contract there's a 0% chance the Bears win the SB next year.. I can't even imagine how big of a distraction it would be towards the team.

But what do you expect with that cheap **** that is Virginia McCaskey.. I hope the *********** croaks if she continues to try and low ball Lovie.

Well we don't know what Lovie's agent is asking for so we shouldnt make judgements yet. He could have asked for something outrageous and then used the media to enrage the fans and embarass the front office. We should wait to see if the numbers are released.

sweetness34
02-21-2007, 11:07 PM
This is disgraceful.

But what do you expect with that cheap **** that is Virginia McCaskey.. I hope the *********** croaks if she continues to try and low ball Lovie.

Well we don't know what Lovie's agent is asking for so we shouldnt make judgements yet. He could have asked for something outrageous and then used the media to enrage the fans and embarass the front office. We should wait to see if the numbers are released.

Just heard on the news that Lovie was looking for 5 mil per. If that's the case, then shame on you ownwership! :evil:

SFbear
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
This is disgraceful.

Just heard on the news that Lovie was looking for 5 mil per. If that's the case, then shame on you ownwership! :evil:

If thats the case I agree with you. :evil: :evil: :evil: Its not like we can just promote Rivera anymore. OMG if Ron Turner becomes the coach of this team I think Im going to hurt someone.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 11:19 PM

Yeah I agree. That's going too far.

Not to mention that if you knew anything about the Bears you'd know that Ted Phillips is in charge of football operations. You really think an 87 year old lady is in charge of negotiating contracts? Come on....

pellepelle_10
02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
This is disgraceful.

*applauds* I agree 110%. This will send a very bad message to those wanting to play for this team. WTF are they thinking? The guy just went to the SB in this THIRD SEASON!. Give the man top 10 pay and keep him here. You'd think this would be obvious. Yet they still want to lowball the guy..this is just a joke. I can't believe I'm hearing this. If he ends up leaving this team we will be the joke of the NFL. THis is truly classless by the organization. A 5 mil contract should be a no-brainer. I honestly can't see Lovie whining about money. If you gave the man a reasonable contract I can see him taking it and running with it.

Bearsfan123
02-22-2007, 12:12 AM
This is disgraceful.

*applauds* I agree 110%. This will send a very bad message to those wanting to play for this team. WTF are they thinking? The guy just went to the SB in this THIRD SEASON!. Give the man top 10 pay and keep him here. You'd think this would be obvious. Yet they still want to lowball the guy..this is just a joke. I can't believe I'm hearing this. If he ends up leaving this team we will be the joke of the NFL. THis is truly classless by the organization. A 5 mil contract should be a no-brainer. I honestly can't see Lovie whining about money. If you gave the man a reasonable contract I can see him taking it and running with it.

this is the way the Bears have always been. Its the reason that we didnt win multiple SBs in the 80s, the organization never has gave a damn about winning, just profits. Thats the only thing they care about. They never had class to begin with...

NYmoney
02-22-2007, 08:30 AM
This is disgraceful.

LOL!! Did you really just drop the c bomb on a recipient of Social Security? That's no good.

NYmoney
02-22-2007, 03:25 PM
This is disgraceful.

this is the way the Bears have always been. Its the reason that we didnt win multiple SBs in the 80s, the organization never has gave a damn about winning, just profits. Thats the only thing they care about. They never had class to begin with...

never had class to begin with??? Wow. That's a questionable comment. I would have to disagree, as the Bears' cap management cannot be misconstrued as classless.

However, i am not defending their actions on this Lovie subject. PAY THE MAN

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
This is disgraceful.

LOL!! Did you really just drop the c bomb on a recipient of Social Security? That's no good.

croak?

Smokey Joe
02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Wade Wilson... he gawn! (http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3094)

I have no problem with this as I never thought highly of him, and hope whoever we bring in doesn't suck, and that his QB's usually succeed.

Hurricane Ditka
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Wade Wilson... he gawn! (http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3094)

I have no problem with this as I never thought highly of him, and hope whoever we bring in doesn't suck, and that his QB's usually succeed.We need to pick out some prospects, with Ward's strict time limits this things gonna be a quick one.

sweetness34
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Word is that Lovie was offered $2 million. :shock: :evil: :roll:

**** YOU PHILLIPS!

Hurricane Ditka
02-22-2007, 06:59 PM

*********** YOU PHILLIPS!Whose word would that be?

sweetness34
02-22-2007, 07:36 PM

*********** YOU PHILLIPS!Whose word would that be?

Chicago Tribune Live.

SFbear
02-22-2007, 07:43 PM

*********** YOU PHILLIPS!

Thats embarassing. Absolute insult. If we can't lock Lovie up now, there's no way we will be able compete when he's in FA. What are they thinking?

blkwdw13
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM

Sorry but this has got to be false, how can the amount go down by 1.2 mil in a couple of weeks.

sweetness34
02-22-2007, 08:24 PM

Sorry but this has got to be false, how can the amount go down by 1.2 mil in a couple of weeks.

Not according to Chicago Tribune Live. Where did you hear 3 million from?

blkwdw13
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
3.2 mil was what was reported by all the Chicago papers the week before the Super Bowl.

blkwdw13
02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Sorry after the Superbowl.

They resumed talks after the Super Bowl when the team increased its offer to $3.2 million but haven't approached the neighborhood of a salary between $4 million and $5 million that a coach of Smith's stature expected, a source said.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-0702220120feb22,1,1239358.story

sweetness34
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Sorry after the Superbowl.

They resumed talks after the Super Bowl when the team increased its offer to $3.2 million but haven't approached the neighborhood of a salary between $4 million and $5 million that a coach of Smith's stature expected, a source said.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-0702220120feb22,1,1239358.story

According to CTL, it was around 2 million. Either way, both are crappy numbers for Lovie.

blkwdw13
02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I never said the 3.2 was good but it was the Bears starting point and it is obviously going to go up, I think the talks have stalled more to them wanting to concentrate on the combine than anything else since Lovie and the rest of the staff are going to be very busy for the next 6 days with that.

Hurricane Ditka
02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
You know what, the organization is really dropping the ball. First letting Rivera walk, then Wilson, low-balling Lovie, and now we're stuck with a disgruntled Lance Briggs, at this rate next year we'll lose Vasher, Tillman, Grossman, and then we'll lose Tommie Harris. It's the same sh!t they pulled in 85, only this time we didn't get to win the Super Bowl. This will be the worst draft class of Jerry Angelo's career, book it. It's the piss flavored icing on Ted Philip's sh!t flavored cake.

Smokey Joe
02-22-2007, 08:48 PM
You know what, the organization is really dropping the ball. First letting Rivera walk, then Wilson, low-balling Lovie, and now we're stuck with a disgruntled Lance Briggs, at this rate next year we'll lose Vasher, Tillman, Grossman, and then we'll lose Tommie Harris. It's the same sh!t they pulled in 85, only this time we didn't get to win the Super Bowl. This will be the worst draft class of Jerry Angelo's career, book it. It's the piss flavored icing on Ted Philip's sh!t flavored cake.
Babich > Rivera... how can you disagree with that move? And Wilson sucked as a QB coach... You haven't had your warm milk, have you yet? You seem cranky! :D

Hurricane Ditka
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Babich > Rivera... how can you disagree with that move? And Wilson sucked as a QB coach... You haven't had your warm milk, have you yet? You seem cranky! :DI don't know, I felt like ranting about something. But yeah, we need to put together a big boardish type thing because I don't know how available I'll be on Saturday.

Smokey Joe
02-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Babich > Rivera... how can you disagree with that move? And Wilson sucked as a QB coach... You haven't had your warm milk, have you yet? You seem cranky! :DI don't know, I felt like ranting about something. But yeah, we need to put together a big boardish type thing because I don't know how available I'll be on Saturday.
Lets see... I have two fantasy drafts on saturday. We won't pick until later in the afternoon, right? Cause I am not available saturday morning usually.

Hurricane Ditka
02-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Saturday Morning I've got to volunteer at my local library so I can graduate Saturday morning. And to erase the pain of that I'll be getting extremely not sober.

toonsterwu
02-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Just realized Gerald Riggs Jr. was on our practice squad. Intriguing. If he develops, he could be a solid backup.

Smokey Joe
02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Just realized Gerald Riggs Jr. was on our practice squad. Intriguing. If he develops, he could be a solid backup.
you toonster... 2 weeks ago called, they want their news back! :P

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM

You could probably say that with just about everyone on the practice squad lol..

I thought he was pretty good at Tenn though.

NYmoney
02-23-2007, 08:44 AM

not too worried about losing Wilson. rex's development, or anti-thesis of such a concept, is a result of wilson's coaching.

VoteLynnSwan
02-23-2007, 10:31 AM
what does the time limit for picks looks like in the forum mock? because it will likely be relatively late on saturday when we actually get to pick.

edit-splitting into 2 posts to up the thread count...

VoteLynnSwan
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
as far as a big board... it all depends on who's gonna be around at our pick.

Michael Griffen
Dwayne Jarrett
Sidney Rice
Robert Meachem
Joe Staley
Tony Ugoh
Greg Olsen
Zach Miller
Demarcus Tyler
Quinn Pitock
Jon Beason
Earl Everett

(just throwin names out there...) could all possibly be around at our pick... we have to go with the BPA from out positions of need...
LT
S
WR
DT
LB
TE

so yea, just rank players at those positions and whoever is ranked highest, or valued most is the pick. I should be around during the day on saturday, so send me a list and i can make the pick if it comes up and no one else is around.

Bearsfan123
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Dont forget Guard.

Some guys might be, Justin Blalock, Ben Grubbs, Josh Beekman.

sweetness34
02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Dont forget Guard.

Some guys might be, Justin Blalock, Ben Grubbs, Josh Beekman.

Uh you realize we got Steinbach in F/A right?

Smokey Joe
02-23-2007, 02:28 PM
From what I heard, the disagreement is for next years salary... the Bears don't want to give him a pay increase from 2 million to 5 million right away, so it would go something like from 2 million to 3 million in 07, and then to 4-5 million there on after. that is where the disagreement is comming from, because Frank Bauer, lovie's agent, wants the pay increase to go up to 5 million right away.

NYmoney
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
From what I heard, the disagreement is for next years salary... the Bears don't want to give him a pay increase from 2 million to 5 million right away, so it would go something like from 2 million to 3 million in 07, and then to 4-5 million there on after. that is where the disagreement is comming from, because Frank Bauer, lovie's agent, wants the pay increase to go up to 5 million right away.

espn.com has an article about it on the front page right now. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2776590 Status quo is Lovie receiving 1.45 mil this year. According to the Trib, the Bears offered 3.2 million a year, whereas Lovie is asking for 5 mil per annum.

I have not heard that next year's salary is the main source of contention. I believe it to be the annum salary.

Haugh, who some enjoy reading and others do not, has a good article about the situation. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070222haugh,1,732612.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Jesus Angelo said this Thursday:

On RB Thomas Jones' future with the team

"He really enjoyed the season and likes being a Bear so it has nothing to do with anything but what he feels would be in his best interest. We're going to mull over some things."

On placing the franchise tag on LB Lance Briggs

"Hopefully it will work out and if [Briggs] has any hard feelings he'll do the right thing for himself. If you play you get paid, if you don't, you won't."

On signing free-agent QB Jeff Garcia

"I don't really see the win in [signing Garcia], I just see that as running up and down the starting line. I'm not one to mistake activity for achievement."

On return specialist Devin Hester playing offense

"That's something our coaches are going to talk about at length. If they went that way, they wouldn't get an argument from me."

dabears10
02-23-2007, 03:02 PM
ESPN Hotlist just showed that Thomas Jones is demanding a trade. Can't really tell how accurate it is right now.

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I just saw today that Thomas Jones formally demanded a trade. Is that true?

IndyColtScout
02-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Well at least Benson will get his shot. Is Cedric's knee ok? He didn't tear anything in the SB did he? I thought he got a concussion because Bethea gave him a cheap helmet to helmet shot while he was already down.

dabears10
02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
So what are the chances we could get a 2nd rounder for TJ. I'm thinking it's more likely a 3rd rounder and would be toatlly satisfied with it.

sweetness34
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
So what are the chances we could get a 2nd rounder for TJ. I'm thinking it's more likely a 3rd rounder and would be toatlly satisfied with it.

No chance for a 2nd, and I'd say an ok chance at a 3rd. But most likely a 4th.

NYmoney
02-23-2007, 03:19 PM

No chance for a 2nd, and I'd say an ok chance at a 3rd. But most likely a 4th.

it depends where in the round you're talking about. i'd be fine with the texans 4th rounder, but if seattle (just as an example) offered their 4th, I don't think it's worth it.

SFbear
02-23-2007, 03:21 PM
JA - " I'm not one to mistake activity for achievement." Great line. Dan Snyder should be taking notes.

Just a strange thought. Ryan Kalil measured in at 299 at the combine and is good value at our first round pick. In real life where we don't necessarily sign Steinbach in FA, how would Kalil project to OG. He's smart, tough, got a mean streak, and a great pass blocker. Could back up Kreutz since we traded Lennie Friedman. Not that big of a deal since Garza would probably would slide over but still. Just a thought.

Smokey Joe
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't think OT would be a wise pick anymore... This draft is very week at OT, and next year it should be much deeper, I would say hold off another year...

sweetness34
02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't think OT would be a wise pick anymore... This draft is very week at OT, and next year it should be much deeper, I would say hold off another year...

Staley is going to be a stud. And he's who I'd take at #31.

Smokey Joe
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM

I think he will be going in the 20-25 range...

bearsfan_51
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM

I think he will be going in the 20-25 range...
Now that he isn't working out at the combine due to hamstring injuries I doubt he goes in the first. I think early-mid 2nd round is more likely.

evershot
02-24-2007, 04:17 PM
With Levi Brown running such a slow 40 time he may slide to the Bears.

Hurricane Ditka
02-24-2007, 04:46 PM
With Levi Brown running such a slow 40 time he may slide to the Bears.Not gonna happen. When is an offensive lineman going to need to run 40 yards.

sweetness34
02-24-2007, 04:56 PM

No he won't. Many believe him to be a top 10 pick, and I've heard the Cardinals love the guy.

No way he falls.

Btw, we got Griffin in the Forum Mock! :D

VoteLynnSwan
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
yea... love the Griffen pick... now we should try to trade up into the early second to nab Joe Staley... he's still around, but likely won't be for much longer, we have to act fast. Maybe Thomas Jones and our 2nd for an early second and a 4th? We should look into it.

Smokey Joe
02-24-2007, 06:05 PM
yea... love the Griffen pick... now we should try to trade up into the early second to nab Joe Staley... he's still around, but likely won't be for much longer, we have to act fast. Maybe Thomas Jones and our 2nd for an early second and a 4th? We should look into it.
We traded Thomas Jones for a the 106th overall and a 2008 conditional pick.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2007, 06:56 PM

No he won't. Many believe him to be a top 10 pick, and I've heard the Cardinals love the guy.

No way he falls.
He's definately going to fall, just probably not that far. There's no way in hell he goes to the Cardinals now, and I highly doubt he goes top 10.

bearsfan_51
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM
With Levi Brown running such a slow 40 time he may slide to the Bears.Not gonna happen. When is an offensive lineman going to need to run 40 yards.
Offensive tackles need quickness, especially in today's game that emphasizes speedy rushers off the edge, and Brown's time is incredibly slow.

Hurricane Ditka
02-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Offensive tackles need quickness, especially in today's game that emphasizes speedy rushers off the edge, and Brown's time is incredibly slow.What did he run?

dcrls
02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Offensive tackles need quickness, especially in today's game that emphasizes speedy rushers off the edge, and Brown's time is incredibly slow.What did he run?

levi brown ran a whopping 5.36

pellepelle_10
02-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Just some official news for you guys.

The Bears have been reported to talk to RB's Selvin Young from Texas and RB Brandon Jackson from Nebraska sofar. Lovie was watching TE's and OL with Herm Edwards.

As for the Lovie update the bears have bumped up to $4 mil now but Lovie wants to be in the $5 mil range. I don't blame him and hopefully this will get finished soon.

Hurricane Ditka
02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Just some official news for you guys.

The Bears have been reported to talk to RB's Selvin Young from Texas and RB Brandon Jackson from Nebraska sofar. Lovie was watching TE's and OL with Herm Edwards.

As for the Lovie update the bears have bumped up to $4 mil now but Lovie wants to be in the $5 mil range. I don't blame him and hopefully this will get finished soon.Good bye Thomas Jones.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Has anyone seen Jackson play??

What did you think of him?

Anyone got any good info on him at all? Scott hasn't done a profile on him yet.

Bearsfan123
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Darn, I was hoping for Walker... oh well. Greg Olsen in the first?? Should we pursue a OT?

sweetness34
02-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Darn, I was hoping for Walker... oh well. Greg Olsen in the first?? Should we pursue a OT?

Greg Olsen is not a blocker at all. And personally I wouldn't touch him in the first. I hate the combine personally, and he really underachieved his senior season.

And in our offense, we need a TE who can block as well as recieve, and that type of player is Zach Miller.

Smokey Joe
02-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Greg Olsen is not a blocker at all. And personally I wouldn't touch him in the first. I hate the combine personally, and he really underachieved his senior season.

And in our offense, we need a TE who can block as well as recieve, and that type of player is Zach Miller.

Scott Wright wrote this about Greg Olsen: "A much better blocker than he is given credit for"

would you question Scott?

bearsfan_51
02-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Scott Wright wrote this about Greg Olsen: "A much better blocker than he is given credit for"

Scott is very frequently wrong.

sweetness34
02-25-2007, 09:31 PM

Olsen is not a good blocker. I've seen him play. He's a decent blocker but he needs a lot of improvement.

I'd take Miller over him right now without question.

wingboy2999
02-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Whoops.....

bearsfan_51
02-25-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.tribstar.com/cnhi/tribstar/prosports/local_story_056200835.html

Interesante...

Hurricane Ditka
02-25-2007, 10:05 PM
How so? We've been saying he's a good fit for the Cover 2 for ever, not to mention JA's boner for Sooners.

bearsfan_51
02-25-2007, 10:45 PM
How so? We've been saying he's a good fit for the Cover 2 for ever, not to mention JA's boner for Sooners.
Interesting that he would come out and publicly state that. It's usually not a very good idea to pidgeon-hole yourself.

blkwdw13
02-26-2007, 09:29 AM
A lot of interesting stuff here, the Bears looking at Staley at #31 and a little about T. Jones.

buccaneers - pewterreport.com

My Friday evening with some "insiders"...

I spent Friday night trying to pry as much info as possible from a trusted friend who is very well-connected. Several other people whose names you would recognize came by and shared a beer or two, including a mutual agent friend. Here's what I got:
-Adalius Thomas will be a 49er about 10 ******s after FA starts.
-Nate Clements is not enamored with SF and really wants to go home to Cleveland, but he will go wherever he gets paid the most.

-Baltimore is losing Tony Pashos, who will almost certainly wind up in Tennessee.

-Dre Bly is all but dealt to the Steelers, so long as he's convinced they're not dumping the 3-4. Detroit has allowed him to negotiate his own trade but also has given him veto power over deals too--class move by Matt Millen.

-Patrick Kerney to Seattle is very likely, he wants to stick with Mora.

-Charles Grant is ticked about being franchised and is probably going to not report for training camp in hopes of brokering a long-term deal and then a trade out of NO. The Lions were prepared to offer him $$ equal to the franchise tag, but for 4 years.

-Kevin Curtis will either be a Lion or a 49er, though it's believed he'll give the Rams the chance to match

-Tennessee is genuinely torn on what to do with Pacman. There's lots of pressure from around the league to cut him, but they are afraid to let him go for nothing. If he's found in violation of his probation, he's headed to prison for 6-9 months regardless of any additional charges, so their decision could be made for them. One popular rumor has them dealing Pacman for Randy Moss, but I'm assured that's just an off-the-cuff joke taken too seriously by some reporters.

-Cowboys are actively shopping Julius Jones but they want a player and not a pick in return, preferably a veteran S or CB. Cowboys are also looking to trade down in the draft and want players and not more picks.

-Carolina is going to cut Deshaun Foster for cap purposes, but they will not get rid of Lucas or Gamble or Mike Minter.

More on two teams in particular:
Browns:
Charlie Frye will be their starting QB. They believe in his ability to lead and want to see what he can do behind a better OL and with a strong running game. That led to me questioning about Adrian Peterson, and I was told by both my friend and by a Browns beat writer that he's a lock pick unless Russell is somehow available. They will sign at least two OL in free agency and will take at least 2 OL in the draft (or one in the 2nd round). They really want both Kris Deilman and Derrick Dockery, because Joe Andruzzi's knee is shot, and they will "aggressively offer" them both big deals. They also will chase after Tully Banta Cain, but he's expected to wind up with the 49ers. I was told this is the Browns ideal draft board:
1st round--Adrian Peterson
2nd--Tony Ugoh or Levi Brown, in that order
3rd--Anthony Spencer or Victor Abiamiri
4th--Troy Smith (yes, it's pretty likely he'll still be there)
5th--Louis Leonard (DT, Fresno) or Jay Richardson (DT/DE, OSU)
6th--a CB with good size
7th--a OG/C from a small school like Andy Alleman or Aaron Danehuaer

The Browns interest in David Carr has waned, and they will not pay the asking price for either Jones brother, though none of the 3 people we talked with thought the Bears were going to deal Thomas Jones.

Packers:
Ahman Green will be back, and the team is not nearly as high on Marshawn Lynch as all the draft pundits believe they are. They really like Lorenzo Booker or Antonio Pittman in the 2nd round. They are going to make every effort to sign Jerramy Stevens in FA. They will also chase Clements but don't expect to be able to afford him, though they also really like Nick Harper. Expect big things from Brady Poppinga, the Pack is real pleased with him and thinks he can break out as a coverage LB who alternates with Abdul Hodge.

I asked if they were going to load up for one last run with FaRVe next season, and I was surprised that a very prominent NFL insider (he's on ESPN) strongly believes FaRVe will play two more seasons. But yes, the Packers are indeed trying to tweak enough to challenge Chicago for the NFC North and make a playoff run. Expect their draft picks to all be NFL-ready guys from big programs and not workout warriors or late bloomers. I said that sounded like Leon Hall or Reggie Nelson in the 1st round, and I was told my thinking is very much in line with what they're trying to do.

Sat. morning update:
The Draftees...
Levi Brown is shooting up draft boards. Very bright guy who wasn't afraid to demonstrate how he's capable of improving his game. The Dolphins and Falcons both spent a great deal of time and attention on him, and I think you're going to see most post-Combine mocks reflect that. He's running in about 20 ******s and says he'll run the top shuttle of any T. If he performs well today I can't see any way he's not a top 15 pick and could go as high as 5th.

Joe Staley to the Bears at #31 looks like a lock pick in the manner that everyone knew the Colts were taking Addai down there last year. Once Bears Gm Jerry Angelo finally got done talking about Lovie Smith (the Chicago press is relentless on that), he met personally with Staley and his agent for over 15 ******s.

No idea what they were talking about, but I saw Browns GM Phil Savage and Raiders owner Al Davis sharing a laugh and then talking intently for several ******s. I do know the Browns very much would like Jamarcus Russell, so maybe it's not a lock that Russell goes #1 to the Raiders, but perhaps the Browns.

Brady Quinn is not helping himself at all here. He's not working out and he was a pain in the keister to pretty much everyone who tried to interview him (including me). He appears to be crumbling under the scrutiny and all the attention to his drawbacks--which is precisely why so much negativity is directed at top prospects, to see how they handle it. He's trying to market himself as the most NFL-ready QB in the draft and a guy who can turn a loser into a winner, but he gets real whiny/defensive when his so-so performances in big games gets brought up.

I shook Ben Grubbs hand and I'm still waiting for my wrist to heal. Dude has some serious paw strength. He got a lot of attention from the Patriots and Falcons.

Calvin Johnson weighed in at 239 but looked real good. I've not heard one negative about this guy all weekend.

Michael Bush also looks real good. He's down to 242 but looks much more defined, esp. in his legs. He told me he weighed almost 270 after he got hurt, feeling sorry for himself. He played at about 255 but wants to stay under 245 in the NFL. Real nice guy, talked with me for about 10 ******s and actually remembered talking to me last fall. He believes he's going to be drafted in the 20s or possibly early 30s, and that his interviews with the Steelers, Browns, and Texans went very well.

Antonio Pittman has bulked up to 206, which is about 15 pounds higher than what he played at OSU. You can see the improved definition in his calfs and shoulders. He's touting his blocking and receiving abilities in interviews.

Anthony Gonzalez is another guy moving up draft boards. He claims he's going to run a 4.35 40 but to watch his 20 yard split, that he will be faster than everyone but JL Higgins on that. Gonzalez slighted Troy Smith's accuracy (unintentionally I think) when he talked about how he had to catch everything with hsi hands because the ball was never near his chest. When Browns beatie Jeff Schudel pulled him aside and pointed that out, Gonzalez immediately dispatched his agent staffer to find Smith and clear it up.

Higgins says he's probably not going to replicate his 4.18 40 time of last fall, but he'll be in the low 4.2s. He's touting his willingness to go across the middle and also his return abilities. His college Qb, Jordan Palmer, is quite tall but that's about all he's got going for him, that and his brother Carson.

I'll post more on free agent stuff and other scuttlebut I picked up last night sometime this evening. One tease: a very talented but oft-injured RB could be cut very soon...

Sat. evening update:

The linemen ran today, and Joe Thomas is the talk of the town. Ran a sub-5 40 and looked very agile in the 3-cone. There's no way he's not one of the first 2 picks.

Levi Brown on the other hand ran awful, 5.35 in the 40 with an awful 10-yard split. Really sapped his momentum he had been building. Now all those questions about the fire inside and translating it to the field become all the more legit.

Tony Ugoh ran a hair above a 5.0, but it looked like he was going to drop dead right afterwards. Justin Blalock ran a 5.1, which is real impressive for his build. Andy Alleman of Akron was a little faster; I believe he was the fastest G, though that's certainly not a guarantee of success at that position. Alleman had the bench reps record in hand until his hand slipped on the bar, I think he wound up at 38. Manuel Ramirez did 40 reps, and that guy is a physical monster.

One small-school guy who stood out was Alan Barber of MO Southern. Ran a 4.84, looked chiseled at 6'4", 301, did 29 reps, and has a definite chip on his shoulder about being a small-school guy (that's a good thing). Probably a OG in the NFL, but he's got the build to add 20-30 pounds with no problem. The Cowboys and Raiders both seemed real interested.

NYmoney
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
wow. just saw the new board. 100x better.

dabears10
02-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Interesting that he would come out and publicly state that. It's usually not a very good idea to pidgeon-hole yourself.

Well maybe he is actually thinking of where he best fits and not money. I think it would be a welcomed change. I don't know maybe I'm idealistic like that.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Well maybe he is actually thinking of where he best fits and not money. I think it would be a welcomed change. I don't know maybe I'm idealistic like that.

I think it's probably more likely that he's trying to appeal himself to the Colts/Bears/Bucs so that he can increase his chances of going in the 2nd round. Not sure it really matters one way or another though.

dabears10
02-26-2007, 11:14 AM
From that big long pewterreport article quick note thing, I saw that maybe the cowboys would trade julius jones for a chris harris or a todd johnson maybe?? This makes me believe that the Bears would willingly trade thomas after this. You know sub one jones with his little brother. Just an idea take it with what you want.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Lol.

I'm sure they would want somebody that actually could be a starter.

Not to mention that Todd Johnson isn't even under contract anymore.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Meet the new QB coach.

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/coaches_detail.php?PRKey=20

At least he's got experience before working with the Jets. And he's a young guy with playing experience.

NYmoney
02-26-2007, 01:54 PM
did anyone else hear Jon Clayton's report on Jones' trade? Clayton claims that last year a team offered their 2nd and 3rd round pick for Jones. Supposedly, the Bears want a 1st and later pick. I'll be shocked if that happens.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't believe that article for one second that Joe Staley is a lock for the Bears...

He didn't even do all the workouts at combine..

100% BS imo..

Not to say JA isn't targetting an OL; but I have serious doubts that he has all but made up his mind already.

sweetness34
02-26-2007, 02:31 PM
wow. just saw the new board. 100x better.

And hopefully you're a 100x poster then. (haha just kidding) ;)

My two top guys are Joe Staley and Michael Griffin for the Bears if we stay at #31.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2007, 02:36 PM
did anyone else hear Jon Clayton's report on Jones' trade? Clayton claims that last year a team offered their 2nd and 3rd round pick for Jones. Supposedly, the Bears want a 1st and later pick. I'll be shocked if that happens.
Jerry Angelo clearly does whatever the **** he wants.

regoob2
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know for sure about T Jones demanding a trade

Addict
02-27-2007, 04:00 AM
I don't believe that article for one second that Joe Staley is a lock for the Bears...

He didn't even do all the workouts at combine..

100% BS imo..

Not to say JA isn't targetting an OL; but I have serious doubts that he has all but made up his mind already.

I like Staley a lot. He could be one of the best value-picks at #31.

I agree with you that it's doubtful JA made his mind up, but I do think he'd be a very solid pick.

NYmoney
02-27-2007, 08:23 AM
As much as I would love to see Jesus Angelo select an OL in the first round, I think that Michael is going to be an excellent S in the pros. I'd prefer the selection of a S over rebuilding a very good line right now.

regoob2
02-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I dont think we should go Oline in round one, I think there will be value in round 2, and im not sure if another young safety is the way to go for round one either, I think we need a playmaker on offense

KBear
02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I dont think we should go Oline in round one, I think there will be value in round 2, and im not sure if another young safety is the way to go for round one either, I think we need a playmaker on offense

I agree with you on drafting a safty in round one. But if they did I would think that the Bears have made a decision on Brown or Manning.

But IMO the Bears do need to come away from this draft and FA with more reliable targets for Grossman. Maybe a good young physical WR that can the Bears can groom so they can replace Muhammed and a big reliable target at TE.

Hurricane Ditka
02-28-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3117

Now what exactly was the point of this article? Why not at least say who the prospects are. I'm guessing the first prospect was Brady Quinn, and the last was Levi Brown.

blkwdw13
02-28-2007, 07:10 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3117

Now what exactly was the point of this article? Why not at least say who the prospects are. I'm guessing the first prospect was Brady Quinn, and the last was Levi Brown.

I was thinking the first was Landry and you're probbably right about the second being Brown.

ds8582
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Congrats on signing your coach. It was well deserved.

NYmoney
03-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Cheers to Lovie.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree with you on drafting a safty in round one. But if they did I would think that the Bears have made a decision on Brown or Manning.

But IMO the Bears do need to come away from this draft and FA with more reliable targets for Grossman. Maybe a good young physical WR that can the Bears can groom so they can replace Muhammed and a big reliable target at TE.

Dwayne Jarret and Sidney Rice are slipping, and might, just might fall to us. I don't think it would be best for the team, but you are right when you said Grossman needs a big WR for Moose to groom. I kinda see WR like round 2-4 priority.

bearfan
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Dwayne Jarret and Sidney Rice are slipping, and might, just might fall to us. I don't think it would be best for the team, but you are right when you said Grossman needs a big WR for Moose to groom. I kinda see WR like round 2-4 priority.

I could let Rice slip past us, I am not that big on him, but if Jarrett is avaliable, I can not see us passing on him. He while not the fastest, has reliable hands, and can go up for the ball. I would love him in a Bear uni

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I could let Rice slip past us, I am not that big on him, but if Jarrett is avaliable, I can not see us passing on him. He while not the fastest, has reliable hands, and can go up for the ball. I would love him in a Bear uni

Yeah, I'd love him too, but we still have more pressing needs...

bearfan
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I'd love him too, but we still have more pressing needs...

Like...?
Saftey, and OL are the only other 2 positions I would see as acceptable in round 1. And IMO, Jarrett has better value to the team right now, and 5 years from now than a OL. Saftey I could accept, a Griffen or Merriweather or by some miracle Nelson, but I think any saftey into round one not named right there would be a reach.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Like...?
Saftey, and OL are the only other 2 positions I would see as acceptable in round 1. And IMO, Jarrett has better value to the team right now, and 5 years from now than a OL. Saftey I could accept, a Griffen or Merriweather or by some miracle Nelson, but I think any saftey into round one not named right there would be a reach.

In my opinion, safety is huge need. Mike Brown is always injured and theres a good chance that Griffen will fall to us. It's almost a proven fact that Texas DB's do good in the Cover 2.

bearfan
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
In my opinion, safety is huge need. Mike Brown is always injured and theres a good chance that Griffen will fall to us. It's almost a proven fact that Texas DB's do good in the Cover 2.

Like I said, Griffen would be a good pick...but if Jarrett was there I would still want Jarrett. Right now we have a bunch of recievers that have heaps of potential but cant stay healthy. Jarrett would be able to come in and be a great target for Grossman. In round 2, a saftey could be had also, there is a lot of talk about this Johnson kid out of Arizona or something, him being a ball hawk, and Weddle and Wendling could be there as well. But I could live w/ Griffen also. Both pools look pretty talented

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
03-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Like I said, Griffen would be a good pick...but if Jarrett was there I would still want Jarrett. Right now we have a bunch of recievers that have heaps of potential but cant stay healthy. Jarrett would be able to come in and be a great target for Grossman. In round 2, a saftey could be had also, there is a lot of talk about this Johnson kid out of Arizona or something, him being a ball hawk, and Weddle and Wendling could be there as well. But I could live w/ Griffen also. Both pools look pretty talented

Yeah, I get what your saying and it makes sense. But what if Jarret just turns into anothe WR with loads of potential but just can't stay healthy?

regoob2
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I think our defense is too good and our offense is to bad to draft defense in round one, we can get by with our safeties, manning and harris will get better by next year

VoteLynnSwan
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I get what your saying and it makes sense. But what if Jarret just turns into anothe WR with loads of potential but just can't stay healthy?

Jarrett hasn't had any history of injuries though... He may not have great timed speed, but he plays much faster than that. The thing is, we need a big receiver to complement Berrian and Bradley, and there aren't any big physical 2nd round receivers of value there, whereas John Wendling, Eric Weddle, Sabby Piscitelli and someone else I'm forgetting could likely be there in round 2.

So all in all...

it would make more sense to go Jarrett round 1, and one of the round 2 safeties than Griffen round 1 and a 2nd round receiver.

this is all a mute point however if Jarrett doesn't fall to us which i don't think he will...

pellepelle_10
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I think our defense is too good and our offense is to bad to draft defense in round one, we can get by with our safeties, manning and harris will get better by next year

Its not that our offense is too bad. We have our general who needs to get the basics of making reads and throwing the ball on target when they are OPEN. If Rex has 100 rating games our offense would have been there with NO and Indy. Our offense is just fine. We just need to fine tune some positions. There are no glaring needs other than depth and some consistency. Defense was great but in all honesty I still think defense needs a lot of help. Safety and Linebacker for sure.

pellepelle_10
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm being honest when I say this. Jarrett may surprise me..he just may..but Robert Meachem to me is easily the better WR. In all honesty I think Jason Hill will be a better receiver than either of them. Call me crazy.

pellepelle_10
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM

I wouldn't mind Houston or Aaron Ross if they were available. I think CB needs some help outside of Tillman and Vasher (one who may end up leaving next season).

NYmoney
03-02-2007, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't mind Houston or Aaron Ross if they were available. I think CB needs some help outside of Tillman and Vasher (one who may end up leaving next season).

You already have Ricky Manning Jr.

KBear
03-02-2007, 03:34 PM
You already have Ricky Manning Jr.

I'm fine with him being our nickle corner, but I really dont want him to be one or starters. Drafting one is not a bad idea, and Angelo has drafted at least one every year he has been here so he will probably draft another one this year. But I dont think we need to use a first round pick on one either, which is good for me since I prefer second round corners anyway.

pellepelle_10
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm fine with him being our nickle corner, but I really dont want him to be one or starters. Drafting one is not a bad idea, and Angelo has drafted at least one every year he has been here so he will probably draft another one this year. But I dont think we need to use a first round pick on one either, which is good for me since I prefer second round corners anyway.

I'm hoping we do because this position is scarce. Ricky Manning is not starting capable. Lets face it..he's burnt toast as a starter. It's already apparent that when Tillman or Vasher went down we got owned against the pass and Manning ended up being the opposing teams B-tch. Having added insurance wouldn't hurt. This is why I brought up Smoot as insurance. I know the comittee says no here though...hahaha

KBear
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Well Smoot just got released from a team that plays the cover 2, though it might be more about his little off field incident then anything else.

I dont think its a matter of hope whether Angelo drafts a corner, its just a matter of what round he is going to do it in. The Bears will draft a corner in this draft.

VoteLynnSwan
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
if we draft a corner, i would be very surprised if it came before round 3, and most likely would happen between rounds 4-6

sweetness34
03-04-2007, 08:40 PM
if we draft a corner, i would be very surprised if it came before round 3, and most likely would happen between rounds 4-6

VLS has spoken...:D

Hurricane Ditka
03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
The draft is 2 months away. Go Bears.

bearfan
03-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I got arrested last night. Go Bears.

haha for what?

bearsfan_51
03-04-2007, 10:19 PM
So I visited Minneapolis for a conference over the weekend. The Metrodome is easily the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life. It looks like a giant condom in the middle of the city. Nice place though, really nice campus.

Addict
03-05-2007, 07:18 AM
So I visited Minneapolis for a conference over the weekend. The Metrodome is easily the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life. It looks like a giant condom in the middle of the city. Nice place though, really nice campus.

The ugliest thing you've ever seen? You should take a look at the mirror my mother hung in the toilet the other day. :D

VoteLynnSwan
03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
The ugliest thing you've ever seen? You should take a look at the mirror my mother hung in the toilet the other day. :D

... in the toilet? this is a disturbing image...

KBear
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Just wondering if this thread has any purpose being here anymore. Every different Bears topic seems to have its own thread now.