Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Hurricane Ditka's future wife...

http://www.smbhq.com/users/sss/pics/peach.jpg

You lucky dog, you!

GB12
12-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Why do you guys want to prove so badly that you're 3rd string QB is so great.
Because I hate it when people just automatically acuse someone of sucking. I think Orton has potential to be decent.

He won't start again in the NFL.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Why do you guys want to prove so badly that you're 3rd string QB is so great.
Because I hate it when people just automatically acuse someone of sucking. I think Orton has potential to be decent.

He won't start again in the NFL.
He probably will never be a starter, but he will make a fine backup and starter for a game or two if need be.

Hurricane Ditka
12-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Smokey Joe's current wife.

http://gpclone.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/yoshi.jpg

And I've defended Orton since he was a starter.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Smokey Joe's current wife.

http://gpclone.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/yoshi.jpg

And I've defended Orton since he was a starter.
How dare you! :evil:

And I have defended Orton also, since he was a starter.

GB12
12-02-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm done with this.

http://www.wlup.com/Pics/zakk/misc/kyle_orton_02.jpg

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm done with this.

http://www.wlup.com/Pics/zakk/misc/kyle_orton_02.jpg
now, that is a good way to finsih your stay in the Bears Discussion Thread!

Hurricane Ditka
12-02-2006, 12:40 AM
This is a better way.

http://images.radcity.net/5176/1256053.jpg

Kyle Orton with women that actually look like women!

SFbear
12-02-2006, 02:41 AM
Too much hate in this thread. And all about a pretty insignificant player in the broad spectrum of the next couple of games. Lets talk about how fat Pat Williams is or how terrible the new Vikings uniforms are.

Hurricane Ditka
12-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Here things, whether Benson was out line, or not. This is the time of year we need him. It's cold, it's really cold, half the city is covering in like 6 inches of snow, the ball will be hard as a rock, and Solider's gonna get some harsh winds off the lake. This is what we need Benson for, we need him to just pound the ball, that's something Thomas Jones doesn't do. We need Cedric to just pound the ball, and too punish people at the end of his runs, that's what he does that Jones can't.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Mario pictures are awesome.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Here things, whether Benson was out line, or not. This is the time of year we need him. It's cold, it's really cold, half the city is covering in like 6 inches of snow, the ball will be hard as a rock, and Solider's gonna get some harsh winds off the lake. This is what we need Benson for, we need him to just pound the ball, that's something Thomas Jones doesn't do. We need Cedric to just pound the ball, and too punish people at the end of his runs, that's what he does that Jones can't.
We won't be able to do that I'm afraid. You can't pound on Pat and Kevin Williams. I think the only way we are successful on the ground is with misdirection plays and forcing things to the outside, taking them out of the gameplan. While I agree we'll need Benson in the cold weather, I don't think this is the game.

sweetness34
12-02-2006, 02:02 PM
We won't be able to do that I'm afraid. You can't pound on Pat and Kevin Williams. I think the only way we are successful on the ground is with misdirection plays and forcing things to the outside, taking them out of the gameplan. While I agree we'll need Benson in the cold weather, I don't think this is the game.

Well that'd be the case if it wasn't at Soldier field in the middle of an ice storm. I going to predict that we're going over 100 yards Sunday on the ground. But I agree that we'll have to use draws, misdirections, counters, and maybe a reverse or two. But we just ran all over a very good Patriots Run D in New England.

Hurricane Ditka
12-02-2006, 02:11 PM
We won't be able to do that I'm afraid. You can't pound on Pat and Kevin Williams. I think the only way we are successful on the ground is with misdirection plays and forcing things to the outside, taking them out of the gameplan. While I agree we'll need Benson in the cold weather, I don't think this is the game.Is Pat Williams good to go? We ran on Vince Wilpork (who I actually wanted over Tommie Harris, but that was before I really understood Lovie's philosophy.

sweetness34
12-02-2006, 02:12 PM
We won't be able to do that I'm afraid. You can't pound on Pat and Kevin Williams. I think the only way we are successful on the ground is with misdirection plays and forcing things to the outside, taking them out of the gameplan. While I agree we'll need Benson in the cold weather, I don't think this is the game.Is Pat Williams good to go? We ran on Vince Wilpork (who I actually wanted over Tommie Harris, but that was before I really understood Lovie's philosophy.

Pat Williams will play from what I've heard. Should be fun to watch Kruetz and big fatty go after it. :lol:

VoteLynnSwan
12-02-2006, 03:50 PM

I wanted him too... But apparently I'm an idiot.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Here are some up comming Bear free agents...

06:
Alfonso Boone - Probably will be brought back for cheap
Lance Briggs - Still a question mark
Ruben Brown - Looks like Metcalf will be replacing him
Justin Gage - Probably will be brought back for cheap
Antonio Garay - Probably will be brought back for cheap
Todd Johnson - Probably will be brough back for cheap
Ian Scott - Dusty Dvorecak drafted to probably replace him
Cameron Worrell - Probably will be brought back for cheap

So, nothing really big for after this year except for Briggs. It is the free agents in 07 that worry me...

07:
Brendon Ayandadejo - Stud special teamer and good back-up
Bernard Berrian - Solid speedy reciever
Bryan Johnson - Good fullback if healthy, and that's a big if
Brandon McGowan - Good backup and special teamer
Rashied Davis - Decent reciever
John Gilmore - Good blocking TE
Rex Grossman - Still a question mark
Leon Joe - Solid back-up and special teamer
Thomas Jones - Probably won't even be a Bear next season
Charles Tillman - Good CB, only one will likely return v
Nathan Vasher - Good CB, only one will likely return ^
Dante Wesley - Good special teamer and decent back-up

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Does anyone think it might be possible if Mike Brown takes a pay cut? I am pretty sure he wants to stay a Bear, but he is set to make 3 million or something around that figure for the next two years, and that is a lot for a player who has not been able to stay healthy the past 3 years.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Bryan Johnson is basically already cut. I don't know if you've read any of the stories but he's planning on suing the Bears for the same reason Michael Haynes is. That's pretty much a deal breaker right there.

I don't see why we would resign Gage or Boone. Neither of them are even active on gameday half the time. We can replace them with rookies for much cheaper. Even at the vet minimum they're still making hundreds of thousands more than a late round rookie would.

Mike Brown, I believe, is set to make about 4 million next year, and has said that he would rather be cut than take a pay cut. Although I believe that was during the pre-season, before he got hurt, so you never know. That being said, with the FA market being what it likely will be I doubt it. Even if he's cut I'm guessing he could still make decent green from one team willing to take a chance on him.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Bryan Johnson is basically already cut. I don't know if you've read any of the stories but he's planning on suing the Bears for the same reason Michael Haynes is. That's pretty much a deal breaker right there.

I don't see why we would resign Gage or Boone. Neither of them are even active on gameday half the time. We can replace them with rookies for much cheaper. Even at the vet minimum they're still making hundreds of thousands more than a late round rookie would.

Mike Brown, I believe, is set to make about 4 million next year, and has said that he would rather be cut than take a pay cut. Although I believe that was during the pre-season, before he got hurt, so you never know. That being said, with the FA market being what it likely will be I doubt it. Even if he's cut I'm guessing he could still make decent green from one team willing to take a chance on him.
Just bring them back so they could compete for a spot. If they don't make the team, you don't really lose anything by cutting them.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Game day bump!!!

http://www.basimo.de/words/wp-content/super_mario.jpg

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Someone shoot Rex Grossman please. :lol:

I think unless we threaten to sit Rex, it's not going to change. He's got to learn somehow and it's obvious that coaching and telling him isn't doing it.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Benson outgains Jones in the first half again. Rex Grossman is garbage.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 01:35 PM
He also has more carries. Both are playing well, but Jones' average is higher. To say that Benson has played better is to show how biased you are.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 01:39 PM
He also has more carries. Both are playing well, but Jones' average is higher. To say that Benson has played better is to show how biased you are.I didn't say better, I said he outgained him. He also only has 1 more carry. And theres not much else to talk about. Although it was funny when Benson carries Darren Sharper for 5 yards. And Jones also missed his block and got Rex labeled. We need to play better as a whole, and even though it won't happen I think Griese needs to get his shot.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Actually Jones average is a flat 5.6, Benson's is 5.666667.

Pokeys
12-03-2006, 02:23 PM
I dont understand the bears logic behind using Benson. Its like they use him a little bit early in games and than dont go to him at all until the 4th quarter or chum time. They are using him a little better today nonetheless. Great TD run there.

Vikes99ej
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Good game guys. Good luck in the playoffs too, because if you guys are still using Grossman, you might need it.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I really have no idea what to make of this team. No idea. I just hope we don't get embaressed by the Rams on national television at this point.

It's nice to win, it's nice to clinch the division this earlier, but I'm not the least bit excited to be a Bears fan right now.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 03:25 PM
When you posted at the half, no it wasn't. Jones had 4 carries for 30 yards. Unless gamecenter was wrong.

But it was a good game for Benson. And Jones for that matter. I actually liked how they were using them, it's just hard to get into a running rythm when we can't sustain a drive because we have no passing offense at all. We can't just run the ball 35-40 times a game. We can't.

Vikes99ej
12-03-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't understand how he was so good at the beginning of the season, and now he's just terrible. How would you guys do with Griese at the helm?

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
When you posted at the half, no it wasn't. Jones had 4 carries for 30 yards. Unless gamecenter was wrong.

But it was a good game for Benson. And Jones for that matter. I actually liked how they were using them, it's just hard to get into a running rythm when we can't sustain a drive because we have no passing offense at all. We can't just run the ball 35-40 times a game. We can't.I saw 5 for 28 when I posted the first time, came up to check the scores and stats.

My god, I don't want to know what's going to happen in St Louis next week. Kyle Orton could have done better than today, and Brian Greise damn sure could have done better than that. Rex is going to be the downfall of this team in the play-offs. Since we have the division wrapped up, we sit Rex and see what Brian can do. And the safety was really a touchdown.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't understand how he was so good at the beginning of the season, and now he's just terrible. How would you guys do with Griese at the helm?
Who knows?

The problem with Griese is that he has no deep ball at this point in his career. And, he has a history of being stupid with the ball at times too. There's a reason why Denver shipped him out.

Basically if we switch to Griese the staff is admitting that they have no confidence in Grossman no fudging things up. With Griese our offense is much more limited in what we can do, but the likelyhood that he'll completely cost us a game is much less as well.

Lovie and Co. have never been shy about benching players that aren't up to snuff, so I really wouldn't be shocked either way at this point, but they have a lot invested in Grossman. Benching him would be admitting that they were wrong and have been wrong for the past 3 years.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2006, 03:39 PM
All I got to say is a 2 passer rating aganst the 31st passing defense is pathetic. Hell, Jonathon Quinn and Craig Krenzel could have done better.

swagger
Dear Bears fans,

Happy Holidays. For a present, I would like to give you a gift-wrapped version of the 2006 NFC North Championship. Enjoy.

Love,
Brad Johnson

Hurricane Ditka
If Denver was willing to switch ponies in the middle of the playoff hunt why can't we? Rex Grossman is just awful right now. We're coming down the stretch, we need to get into gear and prepare for the playoffs. Rex is hindering our offense, our defense and the special teams. Today we made up for it, against a better team we won't be able to do that. And I would like to say I told you so, when I said Benson would be effective in the cold.

And why is exactly is Bryan Johnson suing the Bears?

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Dear Bears fans,

Happy Holidays. For a present, I would like to give you a gift-wrapped version of the 2006 NFC North Championship. Enjoy.

Love,
Brad Johnson
Thanks Brad. Much love.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
If Denver was willing to switch ponies in the middle of the playoff hunt why can't we? Rex Grossman is just awful right now. We're coming down the stretch, we need to get into gear and prepare for the playoffs. Rex is hindering our offense, our defense and the special teams. Today we made up for it, against a better team we won't be able to do that. And I would like to say I told you so, when I said Benson would be effective in the cold.

And why is exactly is Bryan Johnson suing the Bears?
I'm not sure the cold had anything to do with it. And Jones had a nice game too in his limited carries. His numbers dipped a bit but that's just because he was running the clock out at the end against 9 man fronts (and that bizarre play where they lost 5 yards). Both backs had nice games, and Benson has certainly showed that he deserves to be a part of the offense, but don't act like Jones is garbage by default.

And he's suing them for making him practice injured, or something..I dunno. Same thing Haynes is suing the Bears for as well. Telling him he was able to come back when he wasn't ready.

Speaking of which, Tommie Harris and Vasher both got hurt today. That makes me very anxious.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm not saying we can't bench Grossman, or even that we shouldn't, I'm just not sure if we will. Nor am I completely convinced (though I'm more so every game) that switching to a backup QB that has had no game experience and limited practice experience this year is going to get us more ready for the playoffs. If they were going to make the switch, they should have done it weeks ago.

And the Broncos are a different story as they are on the outside of the playoff picture. We don't have to gamble as much as the Broncos do as it's clear we're going to make the playoffs.

Vikes99ej
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Who knows?

The problem with Griese is that he has no deep ball at this point in his career. And, he has a history of being stupid with the ball at times too. There's a reason why Denver shipped him out.

Basically if we switch to Griese the staff is admitting that they have no confidence in Grossman no fudging things up. With Griese our offense is much more limited in what we can do, but the likelyhood that he'll completely cost us a game is much less as well.

Lovie and Co. have never been shy about benching players that aren't up to snuff, so I really wouldn't be shocked either way at this point, but they have a lot invested in Grossman. Benching him would be admitting that they were wrong and have been wrong for the past 3 years. hmm.... that sounds a little like Brad Johnson. Better stick with Grossman or Orton.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm not saying we can't bench Grossman, or even that we shouldn't, I'm just not sure if we will. Nor am I completely convinced (though I'm more so every game) that switching to a backup QB that has had no game experience and limited practice experience this year is going to get us more ready for the playoffs. If they were going to make the switch, they should have done it weeks ago.

And the Broncos are a different story as they are on the outside of the playoff picture. We don't have to gamble as much as the Broncos do as it's clear we're going to make the playoffs.Well seeing as we already clinched a play-off spot it's definite we'll make the play-offs. I think it's clear at this point that Rex Grossman is not going to give us the best chance to win in the playoffs, we need to see what we have in Griese. Orton wasn't doing this bad and we still benched him. If Devin Hester is Jesus re-incarnated we don't win this game.

The game should have 28-6. Before Fiason went down in the endzone the ball popped out and landed in Brian Urlacher's hand who proceeded to score.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Something the front office is really going to have to consider is the option of drafting another young QB and began grooming them to either take over for Griese, or battle for a starting spot with Rex. Maybe a guy like Trent Edwards, or Brian Brohm, possibly Drew Stanton but I don't think his decision making is any better than Grossman's.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
What if the organization gives up on Rex? Would he be cut/traded in the offseason. Would the Bears draft a 1st day QB? Trade up for JaMarcus Russell? Anyone have any thoughts?

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I still don't think there's a chance in hell we spend another 1st round pick on a QB. But 2nd-4th round is probably up for grabs at this point.

And I don't agree with the fact that it's clear about anything. I don't think anything is clear, other than Grossman had a god awful day. At this point I'm leaning towards benching Grossman. But I caution overeating in the same way I told everyone not to **** bricks when Grossman was doing well.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 04:13 PM
I'd trade up for Russel.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I'd trade up for Russel.
I think Trent Edwards in the second or Jordon Palmer in the 3rd might be better options, if the Lovie and co. give up on Grossman.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 04:18 PM
I'd trade up for Russel.
I think Trent Edwards in the second or Jordon Palmer in the 3rd might be better options, if the Lovie and co. give up on Grossman.Brohm would be a good pick, probably the best pick for us.

Vikings Fan
12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I saw Tommie Harris get pulled because of an injury, I had to leave shortly thereafter, is he OK?

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
He never came back in. It didn't look good. We've got over a month before the playoffs though (almost 6 weeks actually) so as long as it's not something broken or torn, we should be able to sustain it.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Not having Harris is going to hurt. Hopefully he'll be back by the play-offs.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
From Lovie Smith:

On Rex Grossman
"Rex is our quarterback. We didn't get the job done and we turned the football over. We have won with him. The reality is, we are 10-2 and won the division with Rex as our quarterback. We're not changing. With the offensive production we had today, it's hard for me to sit here and say all the things he has to imiprove on. If we win the division title, I'm not going to sit here and tell you about all the things we're going to do to change what we have going right now because there's not a lot."

On whether this team is ready for the playoffs right now
"We don't have to be. Right now, we're in the playoffs and that is what we are going to concentrate on. It's hard to get into the playoffs and for us to do that in the first week of December, then we're going to cherish that right now. We know we have to play better on the offensive side of the football and we will."

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 04:50 PM
He said the same things about Kyle Orton before he got the ax, leading the game 6-3.

DHVF
12-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I'd trade up for Russel.Oh, I hope so. :lol:

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 05:02 PM
He said the same things about Kyle Orton before he got the ax, leading the game 6-3.
To the best of my knowledge, he never said "we're not changing" with Orton. He merely said, "Kyle is our QB. We have a rotation and right now Kyle is our #1. We've won a lot of games with Kyle". There's a big difference there.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, then fudge 'em. If there too stubborn to make changes that will better the team than he doesn't know what he's doing. He's probably gonna sit the starters once we wrap up HFA and then we'll have another relapse of 05, and 01.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 05:19 PM
:lol:

We're 10-2.

We won the division.

All is not lost.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 05:23 PM

We're 10-2.

We won the division.

All is not lost.

Cosign. We're in the playoffs, and that's what matters right now. Sure it was ugly but hey, I'd rather win ugly then lose pretty.

Idk, maybe benching is what Rex needs right now. I still think he's our future QB but maybe putting in Griese will light a fire under him. Who knows. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to stay with the kid but then he does this. If I had to flip a coin I say we stay with him. It's a tough choice but we made him our future QB and you have to stick with him through thick and thin. Because hopefully eventually it'll payoff.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 05:30 PM
i'd like to personally thank the bears for beating the vikings.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 05:33 PM

We're 10-2.

We won the division.

All is not lost.The Bears as a team peaked too early in the season, although we've been winning we've been in a slump since the Cardinals game. If we wrap up HFA too early I'll be worried. Rex needs more experence, on the field not on the chalk board.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I understand your concerns but come on...look around the NFC and find me a team that doesn't have problems. We've got stuff to work on but I'll take our situation over anyone else in our conference.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 05:38 PM
You know what, my biggest concern for Rex isn't the picks. It's his inability to check down. We've got some very capable pass-catchers in Clark, McKie, Jones, and Benson but if they aren't Rex's primary read they won't. All of Rex's successful passes have been bombs. If he can learn to complete the passes in the flat, and the shorter routes he'll get back on his feet.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I have a raging clue for Sterling Sharpe right now.

"Grossman is still playing better QB than Trent Dilfer did for the Ravens in 2000 and the Bears are the best team in the NFL bar none".

I don't really believe that. But it's nice to hear one person in the media not rip us, especially considering we're 10-2 and are the first team to clinch a division/playoff spot.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Although the geniuses that make up Fox's pre and post games shows don't think Grossman should be benched, they do agree that over the 4 weeks leading into the playoffs, Rex needs to work on the short and intermediate throws. If Rex can connect with Clark, McKie, Moose, Jones and Bradley in the short throws the long throws will come back. I don't like how on whenever we get close to the goal line we go for the touchdown instead of the first down, and end up with 3 instead of 7.

PACKmanN
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Im wondering if your DC will resign with you guys or decide to become a HC and, if you guys think GB can run a cover 2 or would he keep the scheme to 4-3?

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Although the geniuses that make up Fox's pre and post games shows don't think Grossman should be benched, they do agree that over the 4 weeks leading into the playoffs, Rex needs to work on the short and intermediate throws. If Rex can connect with Clark, McKie, Moose, Jones and Bradley in the short throws the long throws will come back. I don't like how on whenever we get close to the goal line we go for the touchdown instead of the first down, and end up with 3 instead of 7.

He needs to watch the San Francisco tape again. That IMO was his best game so far this season. He made plays when he HAD to, but he also checked down a ton.

Again, he needs to learn that he doesn't have to play Peyton Manning ball for us to win. We beat a solid Jets team on the road because he was smart with the football.

Every team in the NFL has holes right now. I don't see a quote on quote "favorite" in the NFL. Romo looked shaky today at times, Indy is inconsistent and doesn't have a D, Rivers is inexperienced and has crumbled (plus I question their secondary a little), Cincy is inconsistent, Carolina is inconsistent, and Denver is playing a rookie QB right now. Add to that the fact that Baltimore has no offense whatsoever and you've got a heap of teams that are equally able to win the Super Bowl. Should be fun to watch.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Im wondering if your DC will resign with you guys or decide to become a HC and, if you guys think GB can run a cover 2 or would he keep the scheme to 4-3?You can play Cover 2 from the 4-3. Cover 2 is a blanket term that means you use 2 safeties to split the field in half. The Bears play the variant of the Cover 2 invented in Tampa Bay, with an undersized aggressive defensive line, and an emphasis on speed. I'm not sure if Rivera will leave this year or not, it depends on the market in search of a head coach. There might not be many opening due the large turnover rate the past few years. I don't think the Packers have the right personnel right now to the "Tampa 2". There defensive line isn't built for it.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
By the way, all the talk will go to Hester (and deservedly so) but the biggest play of the game was without a doubt Manning's INT for a TD. The score was 7-6 and the Vikes were moving the ball past midfield before Manning pick-sixed it. That was pretty much the game after that.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
This game is closer than it should have been. Fason fumbled in the endzone and it was recovered by Urlacher. It wasn't a safety, it was a touchdown. And Devin Hester's return cracked the game open.

GB12
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I understand your concerns but come on...look around the NFC and find me a team that doesn't have problems. We've got stuff to work on but I'll take our situation over anyone else in our conference.

Bears

Cowboys

Everyone else

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM

Bears

Cowboys

Everyone else

Eh....

Bears
Cowboys

Saints

Everyone else IMO.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM

Bears

Cowboys

Everyone else

Eh....

Bears
Cowboys

Saints

Everyone else IMO.
We'll see how the Hawks do against a good team tonight now that Hass and Alexander are both healthy.

And again, I'm not sleeping on the Panthers untill they are good and dead. I still think they'll win the NFC South as the game will basically come down to their meeting with the Saints on week 17.

GB12
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM

Bears

Cowboys

Everyone else

Eh....

Bears
Cowboys

Saints

Everyone else IMO.

If they at least put up a good fight next week I'll put the Saints in, but right now I don't think they have achance.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves discussing the NFC title game already. We saw what happened last year. I understand where 51 is coming from. The Panthers are quietly winning games and earning a playoff spot. Although I don't think Steve Smith will be able to single handedly destroy us this year. And I hope Tommie Harris' injury isn't serious. Last I heard they were calling a knee sprain. But a knee sprain is almost the premiliminary guess for a torn ACL or MCL. If we lose Tommie Harris this team is in trouble. Deep deep trouble. I don't think Tank and Scott will be able to hold down the fort for long. This is wear it hurts to not have Dusty (what exactly was his injury?). Sure we've won the division but at what cost? We've already lost Mike Brown, I don't think the defense, especially the run defense will be able to sustain it's current level if Harris is done.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm guessing we rush for 175-200 yards versus the Rams.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm guessing we rush for 175-200 yards versus the Rams.He haven't done that all year. Hopefully Jones and Benson get alot of carries. Although we need re-establish the pass. If we aren't going to make the switch the next 4 weeks need to be devoted to helping Rex make the right reads, and learn to play game manager and not try and make the big throw, every throw.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm guessing we rush for 175-200 yards versus the Rams.He haven't done that all year. Hopefully Jones and Benson get alot of carries. Although we need re-establish the pass. If we aren't going to make the switch the next 4 weeks need to be devoted to helping Rex make the right reads, and learn to play game manager and not try and make the big throw, every throw.
How much did we run for against Buffalo? I bet it was close.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 10:34 PM
157 yards rushing versus Buffalo. I bet we can top that.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Net Yards Rushing 155. 173 against the Jets. I think Cedric's gonna get more carries next week, he's earned a bigger piece of the offense, theres no denying that. Although Harris' injury worries me, and Rex the hex will be a liability until he proves otherwise.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
[quote=bearsfan_51]I'm guessing we rush for 175-200 yards versus the Rams.He haven't done that all year. Hopefully Jones and Benson get alot of carries. Although we need re-establish the pass. If we aren't going to make the switch the next 4 weeks need to be devoted to helping Rex make the right reads, and learn to play game manager and not try and make the big throw, every throw.[/quote

Exactly. Again, Rex doesn't have to throw for 400 billion yards for us to win games. Look at the Jets game. Didn't make a mistake and made one big play. We won that pretty easily in the 2nd Half. I'm fine with punts, I really am. I'm fine with sacks as well. But not turnovers. I trust our D enough to get stops and put us in position to score points with short fields and stuff. We all know he can play. We've seen it. But we all know also that he can tank pretty bad, we've seen that too.

I agree with what he said in his post conference. He's thinking to much. He just needs to go out there and play. Take what you did against Seattle and all those teams and put it together next week. I think it's a combination of things. Inexperience, lack of confidence, bad decisions, trying to do to much, and not seeing the field well. Confidence is Rex's key IMO. If he can get it back next week he'll be fine, if not ruh oh. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Rex needs to sit down, and watch the Buffalo game, the San Fran game, the Seattle game, the Giants game. And really figure his sh!t out. Rex was losing it out there on the podium. He needs to figure out how to keep his composure. He admitted that the Minnesota DBs were getting in his head and under his skin.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Rex needs to sit down, and watch the Buffalo game, the San Fran game, the Seattle game, the Giants game. And really figure his sh!t out. Rex was losing it out there on the podium. He needs to figure out how to keep his composure. He admitted that the Minnesota DBs were getting in his head and under his skin.

I said that already HD. :roll: :lol:

Yea, take a look at the Seattle game in particular, along with San Fran. He played almost flawless in those games and figure out what you were doing there to be successful. I have faith in him because I've seen the good Rex, but it's the bad one that haunts me. :evil: :lol:

Rex on paper should have a decent game against St. Louis, but who the hell knows what's going to happen. Just please let it not be as bad as the last time we were on Monday Night Football. Hell, please let it not be as bad as the Miami, NE, and Minnesota games. Just give me some hope Rex, please! :cry:

Smokey Joe
12-03-2006, 10:54 PM
My Bears offensive plan...

Jones - Starting back/3rd bown back. 15-20 carries a game, with the occasional flat, swing, or screen.

Benson - 15-20 carries a game, and would be wise to use him at the goal line

Grossman - 18-25 ATT's. A lot of PA and rollouts, so he can actually see his targets. Also, make him look short, then deep.

Basically, I want the Kyle Orton play book back.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Give AP the ball!!!

He's got a 5.5 ypc average over the last two seasons!!

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Give AP the ball!!!

He's got a 5.5 ypc average over the last two seasons!!He's had like what 5 rushes this year? Now isn't the time to start. Now is the time to get Jones and Benson into gear. I agree and think we need to get Rex rolled out more.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 11:06 PM
He's had 2. One for 1 yard, and one for 10 yards. He's also had 2 receptions 1 for 8 yards and 1 for 4. The running game isn't broken, we don't need to fix it, although it will getter better as Benson gets more carries.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Give AP the ball!!!

He's got a 5.5 ypc average over the last two seasons!!He's had like what 5 rushes this year? Now isn't the time to start. Now is the time to get Jones and Benson into gear. I agree and think we need to get Rex rolled out more.

Yea, why didn't Turner continue with that? Also, Rex threw a dart to Berrian for a first down on the 2nd or 3rd pass play, where was that the rest of the game? Or did Rex just huck it up there on that call? :lol:

I agree with Smokey too, or whoever said short to long with Rex. Well scrap the long, just short.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I say 2 of the keys to getting Rex back on track are rolling him out, and getting Clark back in track.

Geo
12-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Give AP the ball!!!

Oh for the love of - Benson isn't getting the ball enough as it is! :)

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Give AP the ball!!!

Oh for the love of - Benson isn't getting the ball enough as it is! :)

You're not the only one who thinks this. We've gotta get 51 over to the dark side though. :D

Benson is just a beast when he runs. Dude carry's like 4 guys with him and trucks over people.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Guys I wasn't serious.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Guys I wasn't serious.

Sure, flip flopper. :roll: :lol:

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Guys I wasn't serious.

Sure, flip flopper. :roll: :lol:
I mean about AP. (Although if anyone on this team has earned more carries it's him).

I still think TJ should be our starter. But obviously the coaching staff is trying to give Benson more carries.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Guys I wasn't serious.There used to be a guy on the Bears official board that I swear was Adrian Peterson himself or something. He claimed he was a better Running back than Walter Payton, and accused him of taking steroids. But AP might have earned carries, but there aren't enough carriers to make Cedric and Thomas happy, there aren't enough to give Peterson. Reminds me of why I left the official board. That and this joke I made about sending letter bombs to Eugene Parker that got me banned.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
A message to all of the Bears fans here: Don't buy any "Division Champs" crap. It's a superstition, don't buy division apparel because that's not as far as you want them to go.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Guys I wasn't serious.There used to be a guy on the Bears official board that I swear was Adrian Peterson himself or something. He claimed he was a better Running back than Walter Payton, and accused him of taking steroids. But AP might have earned carries, but there aren't enough carriers to make Cedric and Thomas happy, there aren't enough to give Peterson. Reminds me of why I left the official board. That and this joke I made about sending letter bombs to Eugene Parker that got me banned.
Yeah I remember that guy. Sometimes he had a point though.

SFbear
12-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Its absolutely ridiculous how Turner ALWAYS calls pass plays on 3rd and short. Its getting to the point that its comical. Does he really think hes being clever? Turner needs to be slapped. Grossman needs to be drop kicked.

Bearsfan123
12-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Its absolutely ridiculous how Turner ALWAYS calls pass plays on 3rd and short. Its getting to the point that its comical. Does he really think hes being clever? Turner needs to be slapped. Grossman needs to be drop kicked.

i agree, Turner has done a ****** job of play-calling this year. He really has. 3rd and 2 and we're passing 90% of the time. We're not using the shotgun enough. Oh I also liked the moving pocket. I thought that was executed well.

sweetness34
12-04-2006, 10:06 AM

i agree, Turner has done a *********** job of play-calling this year. He really has. 3rd and 2 and we're passing 90% of the time. We're not using the shotgun enough. Oh I also liked the moving pocket. I thought that was executed well.

Here's a hint Ron. You've got a bull of a RB in Cedric Benson who friggin trucks over defenders. Give him the ball on 3rd and short. The guy carries like 4 tacklers with him when he gets the ball. Especially when Rex isn't playing well. We should be running it a ton. And yesterday, Minnesota had a lot of trouble stopping our run game, especially Benson. The run should set up the pass, not the other way around IMO.

Turner's been pretty good though this season so I'm not going to bash him too much. But the playcalling has to improve, and Rex has to play better.

Also, 3 of those TO's were not on Rex. I'm not sticking up for him whatsoever, he played like garbage but 2 fumbles and a tipped INT. Those have to stop as well. Rex isn't the only one who needs to stop turning the ball over. Also, no more dumb penalties (ie false starts, late hits, delay of games, etc...). We have 4 games to figure out what is wrong, which is a good thing. I want HFA but we can also fix our stuff out here in the next 4 weeks, because we're playing a weak schedule (although the St. Louis game next week kinda worries me).

sweetness34
12-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Ok maybe I'm a little late here but does anyone else agree with me that Rex is not a west coast QB and that he doesn't fit our offensive scheme? Or am I wrong here?

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Rex doesn't fit any scheme right now. His entire mindset is destructive no matter what type of offense or personel you put around him.

sweetness34
12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Rex doesn't fit any scheme right now. His entire mindset is destructive no matter what type of offense or personel you put around him.

I mean in general 51. His mentality of going down the field first.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 10:47 AM
His mentality of going down the field first isn't good for any offense.

Even the Air Coryell offense is predicated upon easily completable passes mixed in with occasional stretch plays to loosen up the defense. It's a misnomer to think that there is any type of offense (except for maybe June Jones' run and gun) that does not require a QB to use primarily use his checkdown recievers.

Moses
12-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Think the Bears will take a shot at quarterback early in the draft? They have a solid overall team with few major weaknesses so now might be the time to pick up a guy like JaMarcus Russel, Troy Smith, or Drew Stanton. What are your thoughts on the Bears picking up a 1st round quarterback?

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Think the Bears will take a shot at quarterback early in the draft? They have a solid overall team with few major weaknesses so now might be the time to pick up a guy like JaMarcus Russel, Troy Smith, or Drew Stanton. What are your thoughts on the Bears picking up a 1st round quarterback?
I've already said that I think there's almost no way it happens. First of all spending two 1st round picks on QB's in a 4 year span is baaaaad news. Not to mention that I think they'll be content (for better or worse) to go with Grossman/Griese for another season. I think if anything it's more likely we go after a veteran QB that is an upgrade over Griese (although I'm not sure there will be one) seeing as how we are a Superbowl contending team. But again, considering we just gave Griese 20 mil, and he's probably better than anyone else out there, I doubt that happens.

It's more likely we'll pick a guy in the 3rd-5th round to compete with Orton.

bearfan
12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
ok, just got back from my grandmas this weekend and have a few things to say...

REX GROSSMAN! Right now I hate him more than I love him, sure you can make the arguement that we are winning, but his offensive play has been terrible. We DO NOT have a chance at a superbowl AT ALL with him at the reigns. We cant win everysingle game that the defense covers his mistakes. He started off hot, but has since cooled to the point where he is ICE cold. He makes stupid bonehead mistakes, and always tries to go deep no matter what the coverage. I was also tired of all this savior talk that had been goin on the past few seasons, how he is the QB of the furture.....I was quickly quieted the 1st 1/2 of the season, but now I am back on track..he isnt the QB of the Bears furture. I dont care if he is practically a rookie on the field, he has been in the NFL for what...4 seasons now? The mistakes that he makes is rediculous for someone that should be looking at gamefilm and trying to make themselves better even if they cant get on the field.

end Rex Grossman rant

CEDRIC BENSON! Over the past few weeks I have been mildly surprised at his good play. He 9 out of 10 times will gain positive yardage, and just PLOWS people over. You guys saw how many people it took to take him down on majority of his carries during sundays game... The only edge that TJ has on him IMO is Pass blocking and the fact that TJ is a little better reciever out of the backfield. But I think that Benson needs to learn from his mistakes on the field to get better at those 2 things....which he pretty much gets no playing time! Benson needs carries.

End Benson Rant

toonsterwu
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Here's a thought that I'm not sure would have much discussion.

I believe we should deal Kyle Orton this offseason. With Grossman/Griese ahead of him, Orton isn't going to do much. Another year on the bench and his value could dip even more. We might be able to get decent value (early-mid day 2 pick) with the big need for QB's. As trashed as he was (in more ways than one), he really wasn't as bad as some suggested last year, considering the circumstances. But if he's not doing anything, I believe we should get value, and then perhaps draft a QB day 2, someone we could control longer.

I've been calling for us to draft OL for a couple years now, and I'm happy that the skill depreciation for our older guys hasn't happened yet. That being said, it has to be a thought this year. I still believe we should focus on a LT potential type player who could perhaps shift to guard. At some point, Tait will be moved back to RT, I think, so drafting a RT type talent doesn't make sense, IMO. On a side note, if Leonard Davis is somehow cut loose in a revamping, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him at guard. Just a random thought.

That being said, while OL needs to be a high priority, I've come to believe that, assuming Briggs leaves, as people anticipate, that LB should be our top priority. Had Jamar Williams not gotten hurt, the situation would be different, but Williams is an unknown, and if Briggs leaves, I don't think we can afford to go into the season with the other guys we have fighitng it out. I love Williams, and as I noted last year, he reminds me a lot of Lance Briggs (good athlete, versatile skillset, tough player, smart player, and some other things). If Patrick Willis is there for us in round 1, I think he'd be an intriguing option.

RB is ostensibly a draft thought, or at least, an offseason thought. I lvoe THomas JOnes, but the realities of the situation dictate that Benson, as long as he's solid, will start at some point. Maybe we keep Jones for another year, and let him walk in FA. But number 2 RB's can be found, and if we can get something for Jones, then that would be, uh, dandy. For example, the Giants may have to replace a UVA RB in Tiki Barber, so maybe another UVA guy in Jones would be intriguing. I can't believe they would go into the year with Brandon Jacobs as the main protection for Eli. If we could get at least a third (not impossible), I would do it. On a side note, with Marshall Faulk talking about a comeback, he would an intriguing number 2 if he opts to go somewhere besides St. Louis (the turf probably isn't ideal for him at this tage of his career). Maybe knowing Lovie could help. I'll tell you what, if we could get a pick, or two, for Jones, and get a Faulk as a backup ... that'd be solid. But if we can get a pick or two for Jones and find a capable number 2 back (and there are some options available), I'd still do it. For those that remember my posts, it's awfully tough for me to type all this considering how I detested the Cedric Benson pick.

Safety is another area that is in my mind, namely because of Mike Brown's situation. 3 straight partial years is a problem. He's always never been a top physical talent, but a smart player. That said, his presence is needed. Ideally, we find a way to keep him, perhaps through a restructuring. But it's very possible we let him go. I think CHris Harris is better suited at SS, akin to when Mike Green was here, and Harris could be decent/solid soon. Would we go into the year with Harris/Johnson/Worrell/McGowan, though? I'm not sure of that.

I'm not in love with taking a TE early, as I'm not in love with Miller/Olsen. I'd be fine with a Clark Harris in the midrounds, or a gamble in the late rounds. I do think some young blood is needed, but I'm not bullish on a first/2nd round TE selection this year.

Hurricane Ditka
12-04-2006, 04:52 PM
When did Toonster come back?

toonsterwu
12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Just now, life's been busy.

Oh, and all things being equal, a deal back may be the best option again this year. And drafting in the late first, there's always the potential that someone will see a "falling" player and deal up, so that possibility exists. That said, maybe we see a guy falling, so who knows. A bit early, but I do think with how this draft is shaping up, as of right now, dealing down into the 2nd is a good option.

Hurricane Ditka
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Interesting fact Cedric Benson has 1 more touchdown than Thomas Jones, will less than half of the carries. I think Cedric will go crazy getting the bulk of the carries. And I see us selecting defense in the first few rounds again. SS and OLB are needs that need to addressed. If Griffin falls I could see us picking him, Alexander too. Out of this years Tight End crop I'd like Clark Harris in a middle round over some of the others in the first. I see OT as a viable first round option as Miller will run out of gas sooner rather than later. I think Thomas Jones will be dealt, and as some of you know I don't have a problem with that. Benson was critized for his comments, but he was able to back them up. 16 of Jones' 32 yards came on carry, and 11 on another. So he essentially gained 5 yards on 10 carries.

toonsterwu
12-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, that's a bit critical of Jones off of one game. I'm not disagreeing with the base premise that Cedric Benson will get the job sooner than later (although not anytime this year, thankfully), but when they've worked Benson in, they've tried to put him into good situations. It's also easy to look at partial statistics, but whether or not he can maintain that high level of productivity is still something I question, as I still see him more of a plus Anthony Thomas (after all, you note that Jones went 5 carries for 10 yards ... I could note that, you take away 2 carries, and Benson was 7/24 ... I just don't think analyzing it that way really works in assessing the situation, IMO). I fully believe that if Benson had been the starter this year, we are no where near 10-2. Jones offers so much more to the team, with pass protection, as an outlet receiver, and in short, the little things. Benson needs to step it up in those areas this offseason.

ANyhow, I'm not disagreeing with you in that Benson will probably take over and Jones will probably be moved. If Jones is around, the veterans will never support Benson.

On a side note, I've had a big issue with the playcalling this year. It just seems that we don't have the consistent committment to the run game anymore. Part of the problem is that, neither back, and in particular, Jones, is allowed to get into the flow of the game. When we've been at our best, we've been consistent with running it throughout the course of a game (and not sporadic), and Jones has gotten enough carries to work himself into the flow of the game.

AS for the Vikings game, give credit to the VIkings defense being a good unit, and give credit to the fact that Grossman's struggles made it impossible to run with consistency. That being said, even in such difficult situations, I would still prefer to see us pound the ball 25 - 30 times a game. Reduces the risk of Grossman making mistakes, while gives Jones enough carries to get into the flow of the game, whiel also giving Benson some carries on the side.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi Toony. Nice to have you back.

Agree with most of your comments, particularly on the Benson/Jones situation. I have a gut feeling that Faulk would want to retire a Ram, but who knows, it's just a name thrown out there anyway.

Hurricane Ditka
12-04-2006, 06:31 PM
7 for 24 is better than 10 for 5. And I think Jones' abilities as a pass blocker are constantly overrated. He makes an effort, but he's no pass blocking savant. I think the keys to getting the offense clicking again, are rolling Rex out and getting Thomas and Cedric 15 carries a game. I also think they need to change the rotation. We should look at the other teams trying to succeed with 2 backs, they are used situationally and in a rotation. I think Cedric should get the carries in redzone and on 3rd and shorts. Where Thomas gets his carries in the open field and comes in on obvious major passing downs. We should run more runs to each of their strengths. It seems like we send Jones straight up the gut for 1 yard way too often. We should more counters, cutbacks and trays with Jones, and use Benson on power, and iso's and traps.

Smokey Joe
12-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Here's a thought that I'm not sure would have much discussion.

I believe we should deal Kyle Orton this offseason. With Grossman/Griese ahead of him, Orton isn't going to do much. Another year on the bench and his value could dip even more. We might be able to get decent value (early-mid day 2 pick) with the big need for QB's. As trashed as he was (in more ways than one), he really wasn't as bad as some suggested last year, considering the circumstances. But if he's not doing anything, I believe we should get value, and then perhaps draft a QB day 2, someone we could control longer.
I disagree with this. All we could probably get for Orton is a 5th, maybe a 4th rounder if we get lucky. For just a second day pick, I'd rather just keep Orton, since he will be more proven then any second day draft pick will be.

I've been calling for us to draft OL for a couple years now, and I'm happy that the skill depreciation for our older guys hasn't happened yet. That being said, it has to be a thought this year. I still believe we should focus on a LT potential type player who could perhaps shift to guard. At some point, Tait will be moved back to RT, I think, so drafting a RT type talent doesn't make sense, IMO. On a side note, if Leonard Davis is somehow cut loose in a revamping, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him at guard. Just a random thought.
I kinda agree with this. Maybe Joe Staley in the first or second round. Joe Staley is a solid prospect, and he could either play LT of OG. Plus, I wouldn't be opposed to be using him as a goalline TE considering he did start his college career as a TE.

That being said, while OL needs to be a high priority, I've come to believe that, assuming Briggs leaves, as people anticipate, that LB should be our top priority. Had Jamar Williams not gotten hurt, the situation would be different, but Williams is an unknown, and if Briggs leaves, I don't think we can afford to go into the season with the other guys we have fighitng it out. I love Williams, and as I noted last year, he reminds me a lot of Lance Briggs (good athlete, versatile skillset, tough player, smart player, and some other things). If Patrick Willis is there for us in round 1, I think he'd be an intriguing option.
I also agree. Patrick Willis, Rufus Alexander, Jon Beason, etc would all be good picks as Briggs replacement. With that being said though, I still think there is a possibility of Briggs returning. Briggs, Ian Scott, and Ruben Brown are the only starters that are free agents after this season, I think, and neither Brown or Scott will be returning, most likely. I think Briggs could be signed.

RB is ostensibly a draft thought, or at least, an offseason thought. I lvoe THomas JOnes, but the realities of the situation dictate that Benson, as long as he's solid, will start at some point. Maybe we keep Jones for another year, and let him walk in FA. But number 2 RB's can be found, and if we can get something for Jones, then that would be, uh, dandy. For example, the Giants may have to replace a UVA RB in Tiki Barber, so maybe another UVA guy in Jones would be intriguing. I can't believe they would go into the year with Brandon Jacobs as the main protection for Eli. If we could get at least a third (not impossible), I would do it. On a side note, with Marshall Faulk talking about a comeback, he would an intriguing number 2 if he opts to go somewhere besides St. Louis (the turf probably isn't ideal for him at this tage of his career). Maybe knowing Lovie could help. I'll tell you what, if we could get a pick, or two, for Jones, and get a Faulk as a backup ... that'd be solid. But if we can get a pick or two for Jones and find a capable number 2 back (and there are some options available), I'd still do it. For those that remember my posts, it's awfully tough for me to type all this considering how I detested the Cedric Benson pick.
I agree with this the most. I know you don't like the Benson pick, but there is no dening, he is the model of a Bears running back. Hopefully when he does take the reigns from Jones, he won't open his mouth at all.

And I think we could get a 3rd round pick for Jones. But I don't think Marshall Faulk would be that good, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't mind Lorenzo Booker in either the 3rd or 4th round either.

Safety is another area that is in my mind, namely because of Mike Brown's situation. 3 straight partial years is a problem. He's always never been a top physical talent, but a smart player. That said, his presence is needed. Ideally, we find a way to keep him, perhaps through a restructuring. But it's very possible we let him go. I think CHris Harris is better suited at SS, akin to when Mike Green was here, and Harris could be decent/solid soon. Would we go into the year with Harris/Johnson/Worrell/McGowan, though? I'm not sure of that.
I think Brown will return for at least one more season. I don't see JA cutting someone like Brown who has been a leader of this team for the past years. I wouldn't be opposed to a developmental guy from the middle rounds. But my favorite S in this draft is John Wendling.

I'm not in love with taking a TE early, as I'm not in love with Miller/Olsen. I'd be fine with a Clark Harris in the midrounds, or a gamble in the late rounds. I do think some young blood is needed, but I'm not bullish on a first/2nd round TE selection this year.
I also agree. A TE in round one is a no-no, IMO. Maybe if Olsen or Miller fall in the second round would be good. I think the perfect Bear TE in this draft is Matt Spaeth though. He comes from a run first offense, and is a very good blocker. He is also 6'7" and would be a good redzone target.

Hey toonster, what are your thoughts about the "QB contreversy?"

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 06:37 PM
7 for 24 is better than 10 for 5. And I think Jones' abilities as a pass blocker are constantly overrated. He makes an effort, but he's no pass blocking savant. I think the keys to getting the offense clicking again, are rolling Rex out and getting Thomas and Cedric 15 carries a game. I also think they need to change the rotation. We should look at the other teams trying to succeed with 2 backs, they are used situationally and in a rotation. I think Cedric should get the carries in redzone and on 3rd and shorts. Where Thomas gets his carries in the open field and comes in on obvious major passing downs. We should run more runs to each of their strengths. It seems like we send Jones straight up the gut for 1 yard way too often. We should more counters, cutbacks and trays with Jones, and use Benson on power, and iso's and traps.
If Benson is in on 3rd and short we're almost ensuring that we're going to run. Actually we are either way, but it's even more obvious on a 3rd down play.

Listening to the Giants-Cowboys game last night, they talked about how it was hard for Jacobs to get into the game his rookie season because, as Jacobs admitted "he didn't understand how to pass block". By Benson's own admission, he doesn't seem to think it's very important, and I think that general lax attitude towards what the coaching staff feels he needs to improve on is what is making him little more than a situational back at this point.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
In terms of cutting team leaders, Angelo had no problem giving Jim Miller and Big Cat Williams the axe and trading Ted Washington after the 2002 season. It might not seem like a big deal now but those were the leaders of the 2001 team, especially Big Cat, who had been a constant at OT for almost a decade.

Hurricane Ditka
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Coincedentally, my offensive line coach was cut for getting in a fight with Big Cat Williams sometime in the early 90's.

As far as predictability goes, the way I see it is that it would be not more predictable than it is now passing on every third and short. Benson gives us the best chance to pick up that yard or 2 than Jones does.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Coincedentally, my offensive line coach was cut for getting in a fight with Big Cat Williams sometime in the early 90's.

As far as predictability goes, the way I see it is that it would be not more predictable than it is now passing on every third and short. Benson gives us the best chance to pick up that yard or 2 than Jones does.
Well yes, our 3rd down offense has been puzzling as of late. No question about that.

bearfan
12-04-2006, 06:53 PM
In terms of cutting team leaders, Angelo had no problem giving Jim Miller and Big Cat Williams the axe and trading Ted Washington after the 2002 season. It might not seem like a big deal now but those were the leaders of the 2001 team, especially Big Cat, who had been a constant at OT for almost a decade.

Bye Bye Grossman! :twisted: :twisted:

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 06:56 PM

Big difference: Rex Grossman's best years are ahead of him (presumably of course). The rest of those players, including Mike Brown, were on the decline. I think Jerry has done a good job of deciding when and when not to let players go. The only higherish profile player we cut outright that is having a decent career with another team is Marc Colombo, and you can't fault the team for not being very patient with him.

Some could argue that letting Colvin go was a bad move (I would argue that signing Holdman was actually the bad move) but he hasn't been nearly as successful in New England as he was in Chicago.

Smokey Joe
12-04-2006, 07:01 PM

Big difference: Rex Grossman's best years are ahead of him (presumably of course). The rest of those players, including Mike Brown, were on the decline. I think Jerry has done a good job of deciding when and when not to let players go. The only higherish profile player we cut outright that is having a decent career with another team is Marc Colombo, and you can't fault the team for not being very patient with him.

Some could argue that letting Colvin go was a bad move (I would argue that signing Holdman was actually the bad move) but he hasn't been nearly as successful in New England as he was in Chicago.
Yeah, cutting Marc Columbo and keeping Quisim Mitchel wasn't Angelo's best move...

bearsfan_51
12-04-2006, 07:03 PM

Yeah, cutting Marc Columbo and keeping Quisim Mitchel wasn't Angelo's best move...
Well we cut Columbo to add St.Clair, although I can't remember if Mitchell was still on the team or not.

I guess Phillip Daniels has had a decent post-Bears career in Washington, but he's not a player that would do much for this defense.

Smokey Joe
12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I kinda agree with 51 on the QB situation right now. If Grossman does sink, I really don't think we'll se a QB drafted. But maybe a guy in the 3rd or 4th to compete with Orton. Grossman will start every game of the season. I think Lovie, Angelo and co. have made it very clear what the plan is. They are either going to sail or sink with Grossman as their QB. And if Grossman does stink, I think it will be more of an open camp for QB next year, and just have Grossman/Griese as the QB's again. And if Grossman continues to stink in 07, then I can see the next "future QB" come in in the first or second round.

Smokey Joe
12-04-2006, 07:11 PM

Well we cut Columbo to add St.Clair, although I can't remember if Mitchell was still on the team or not.

I guess Phillip Daniels has had a decent post-Bears career in Washington, but he's not a player that would do much for this defense.Q. Mithcell was cut this offseason.

toonsterwu
12-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Yes, 7 for 24 is better than 5 for 10, but neither is impressive, and I'm not sold that the partial assessment is fair ... to either back. But that's debtable depending on where you stand.

I think splitting it down into 15 carries a piece doesn't work well. Neither back gets enough touches to get a feel for the defense. I think the best rotations are when one guys gets 20-25 and the other guy gets 10-15, depending on how many runs in the game.

Here's the issues I see. One, I don't necessarily disagree that Jones isn't the greatest pass protector ... but he's light years ahead of Benson, and that's crucial when Grossman is prone to "improvising". Here's the thing on that, though. Jones reads the defense well. Maybe he doesn't stand everyone up, but he usually figures out where the blitz is coming, or where he needs to slide to help. And reading and giving effort is about 75% of the battle in that regards. Add in that he can chip block and slide out to be a safety option, and his versatility is that much more important.

Here's another comment that may draw some replies. As of now, I think Jones is a better interior runner than Benson. I think Benson is a strong interior runner, but he doesn't do such a good job adjusting to the lanes and seeing the field. Granted, this is based on partial time, so it's not a fair analysis. I'll readily admit that.

But that does lead to that, Benson at 15 carries a game isn't likely to be consistently effective. Games like the one he just had are more aberrations for his style of running. He's better off pounding it 25 times a game and having us hope he can get 4 yards a carry. The thing is, he's not effective 25 times a game right now because he just isn't able to do all the things. When Benson is in there, teams can basically key up on him because of his limitations.

I agree we should play to their strengths, but the problem is, we also have to recognize their limitations. And right now, Benson's limitations, IMO, cause more harm than Benson's strength helps, IMO. But again, that's debatable.

Smokey Joe
12-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Here's a question, which college do Angelo and the Bears like more? Oklahoma or Florida?

Hurricane Ditka
12-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Here's a question, which college do Angelo and the Bears like more? Oklahoma or Florida?Trick question. And that's why I think the pick will be Alexander, Everett or maybe the dark horse maybe Reggie Nelson if he falls to us.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 08:46 PM
There is a cure for Rex Grossman, its called the Rams defense.......

bearfan
12-04-2006, 11:50 PM

See thats what I thought the 30th ranked pass defense of the Vikes would be...... :evil:

Addict
12-05-2006, 07:37 AM

If they do, it should be in the second round, 1st round I'd rather see them pick either TE, OL or (if Lance Briggs takes off) OLB.

Troy Smith could fall to them in round two (maybe they'll have to trade up a few spots though)

bearsfan_51
12-05-2006, 11:14 AM
http://teacherweb.com/IL/KinnikinnickSchool/LunchProgram/RexGrossman.JPG

Addict
12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
This might be the dumbest brainwave ever but...

Any chance Chicago will go for Tony Gonzalez in FA?

Smokey Joe
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt it happens.

Addict
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM

Yeah, Gonzalez will probably end up with Cincy or some other team that's willing to spend a fortune on him...

Still, we need to replace Desmond Clark...

Smokey Joe
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM

Yeah, Gonzalez will probably end up with Cincy or some other team that's willing to spend a fortune on him...

Still, we need to replace Desmond Clark...
No, not really. All they need to do is find a future replacement.

Smokey Joe
12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
http://teacherweb.com/IL/KinnikinnickSchool/LunchProgram/RexGrossman.JPG
:lol: I think my school had one of those. Grossman would have tough time seeing over 5th graders heads in football also!

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
8 games - 87 attemps - 431 yards - 5.0 YPC - 3 TD

Benson's stats when he gets more than 10 carries a game.

Give him the ball more.

steelcrew43
12-05-2006, 07:26 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/griffin_bears.jpg

Griffin

draftguru151
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

Sexy Rexy. :lol:

Addict
12-06-2006, 05:50 AM

omfg!

that's hilarious :D:D:D:D:D::D:D :lol: :D:D :lol:

Bearsfan123
12-06-2006, 08:18 AM

thank you!! That was fricking awesome!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bearsfan_51
12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
It's so true too.

SFbear
12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
It's so true too.

Nah I think its more like:

Crap what do I do? what do I do? Dammnit I cant see over the oline! **** it Im throwing it deep!

TiTaNsFAN 1014
12-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I know tony isnt what he used to be, but what do u guys think of the chances the bears try to pick him up. He had some real nice years in SF. Is he really THAT bad now?

Borat
12-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I know tony isnt what he used to be, but what do u guys think of the chances the bears try to pick him up. He had some real nice years in SF. Is he really THAT bad now?

Some Raider fan clown came into the Niners discussion and said they should have moved Parrish to ILB! Maybe you guys could use him there! :lol:

We loved TP for all he did for this franchise. It was unfortunate that his game has fallen so far. I don't think he'd be of any use to you guys. He hasn't even dressed for a game in a month (and that's for the 49ers leaky defense).

Beat the Rams!

yodabear
12-06-2006, 08:13 PM

See thats what I thought the 30th ranked pass defense of the Vikes would be...... :evil:

Vikings > Rams................

bearsfan_51
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2771

:(

Hurricane Ditka
12-07-2006, 05:14 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2771

:(Well, that seals the deal. This team will not win a play-off game, again.

Number 10
12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Harris might be placed on IR?

What do you think that does to your dominant D? Was he THAT important? How do you think Scott will do?

Hurricane Ditka
12-07-2006, 05:29 PM

What do you think that does to your dominant D? Was he THAT important? How do you think Scott will do?Scott'll take back the NT, and Tank will move to the UT. I think the D will survive the rest of the regular season, but the playoffs will be tough.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2006, 05:34 PM
:lol: You're so paranoid about us losing in the playoffs. Our first game will probably be against the Falcons or something.

Smokey Joe
12-07-2006, 05:55 PM
:lol: You're so paranoid about us losing in the playoffs. Our first game will probably be against the Falcons or something.
:lol: Yeah, thats true.

Hurricane Ditka
12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
:lol: You're so paranoid about us losing in the playoffs. Our first game will probably be against the Falcons or something.I may have exaggerated a little, but losing Harris is a serious blow. The D will need to be at full strength for the Cowgirls and the Romosexual.

SFbear
12-07-2006, 09:05 PM

What do you think that does to your dominant D? Was he THAT important? How do you think Scott will do?

He was important no doubt. Looks like were going to find out how important. I think our pass rush is going to drop down a notch.

Hurricane Ditka
12-07-2006, 09:08 PM

He was important no doubt. Looks like were going to find out how important. I think our pass rush is going to drop down a notch.Harris is going to make our whole defense drop down a notch. Our losing Harris is equivalent to the 2002 Bucs losing Warren Sapp.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
:lol: You're so paranoid about us losing in the playoffs. Our first game will probably be against the Falcons or something.I may have exaggerated a little, but losing Harris is a serious blow. The D will need to be at full strength for the Cowgirls and the Romosexual.
They would have either way.

Losing to the Cowgirls in the NFC Championship game would be dissapointing no doubt, but quite frankly my goal before this season began was to win a playoff game and make it to the NFC Championship game. I've always felt like 2007 was going to be our best year at it, with or without Briggs.

Windy
12-07-2006, 11:02 PM
http://newd2event.net/img/fun/noob.jpg

bearsfan_51
12-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Windy.

yodabear
12-07-2006, 11:27 PM
http://newd2event.net/img/fun/noob.jpg

Mocking me u are?

dabears10
12-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I think the loss of Harris will affect our pass rush, but not up the middle. I think the same push will stay but the interior lineman will no longer double team in the UT. I hope for these two weeks Tank can get some good push and demand some extra attention from offensive lines.

Addict
12-08-2006, 07:20 AM
I think the loss of Harris will affect our pass rush, but not up the middle. I think the same push will stay but the interior lineman will no longer double team in the UT. I hope for these two weeks Tank can get some good push and demand some extra attention from offensive lines.

Lovie's too good a coach and the overall D is too good to really get affected. Sure, losing Tommy will hurt, but... it's not like the D-line is suddenly going to turn into swiss cheese.

Bearsfan123
12-08-2006, 08:26 AM
yeah but combine that with Vasher probably missing a game or two, our D is in some trouble... But lets think about this, if our D can lose two pro bowlers for the season and still be #1 at the end, that will reflect how dominant and deep they truly are.

jbombul
12-08-2006, 09:58 AM
man that really sucks with the loss of harris, i thought this year was going to be chicago's year for sure. It seems like you lose a key defender every year ex: Urlacher was hurt a couple years back, Brown has been often injured, you guys i believe still have a chance just need to get big benson going

PS YOU GUYS ARE STILL LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF MY LIONS

SFbear
12-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Whats everybody's opinion of Wade Wilson, QB coach? Seems like our young players at QB always regress as the years go on or at least never improve.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Whats everybody's opinion of Wade Wilson, QB coach? Seems like our young players at QB always regress as the years go on or at least never improve.
Who has regressed? We've never had anyone good. The only player worth a **** Wade has had is Grossman. I don't think he can take too much heat.

SFbear
12-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Who has regressed? We've never had anyone good. The only player worth a *********** Wade has had is Grossman. I don't think he can take too much heat.

I thought Orton regressed throughtout the year even though he was pretty bad to begin with. You have to admit he looked better in the Lions and first Panthers game than he did in the Green Bay and Falcons games. And Krenzel...well maybe he was just bad.

sweetness34
12-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Whoot! Go Bears!

Hurricane Ditka
12-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Who has regressed? We've never had anyone good. The only player worth a *********** Wade has had is Grossman. I don't think he can take too much heat.Orton went from alright to bad, to alright to bad, to worse.

Addict
12-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Who has regressed? We've never had anyone good. The only player worth a *********** Wade has had is Grossman. I don't think he can take too much heat.Orton went from alright to bad, to alright to bad, to worse.

troy smith for second round pick?

Hurricane Ditka
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM

troy smith for second round pick?No

Addict
12-08-2006, 07:32 PM

why not? because of grossman's stellar play of late?

Hurricane Ditka
12-08-2006, 08:22 PM

why not? because of grossman's stellar play of late?Because we went through Troy Smith 3 years ago under the guise of Kordell Stewart.

sweetness34
12-08-2006, 10:04 PM

Because you're an idiot and have no clue what you're talking about. You don't give up on a QB after 18 starts in the NFL.

Smokey Joe
12-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Because you're an idiot and have no clue what you're talking about. You don't give up on a QB after 18 starts in the NFL.
You can't forget the fact that this is his 4th year in the league, and he has had plenty of suckage.

Hurricane Ditka
12-08-2006, 10:38 PM

You can't forget the fact that this is his 4th year in the league, and he has had plenty of suckage.Define suckage.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2006, 10:39 PM

No name calling necessary young man.

Smokey Joe
12-08-2006, 10:41 PM

You can't forget the fact that this is his 4th year in the league, and he has had plenty of suckage.Define suckage.Do I look like a dictionary?

Addict
12-09-2006, 05:03 AM

You can't forget the fact that this is his 4th year in the league, and he has had plenty of suckage.Define suckage.Do I look like a dictionary?

well in the right ligtht... who knows.

dabears10
12-09-2006, 11:28 AM

troy smith for second round pick?

We'll barring the fact we don't want to draft another Quarterback. We have a short guy behind center, I don't want another one.

I was thinking John Lee Higgins as the 2nd round pick....

Hurricane Ditka
12-09-2006, 11:41 AM

You can't forget the fact that this is his 4th year in the league, and he has had plenty of suckage.Define suckage.Do I look like a dictionary?Well I ment to say define plenty.

sweetness34
12-09-2006, 11:44 AM

No name calling necessary young man.

Just stating the obvious. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm still really bummed about Tommie Harris. By far my favorite player on the team, I was all set out to go buy a Harris jersey. God damn Vikings and Rex Grossman. Somehow this your fault.

Smokey Joe
12-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm still really bummed about Tommie Harris. By far my favorite player on the team, I was all set out to go buy a Harris jersey. God damn Vikings and Rex Grossman. Somehow this your fault.
Whats stopping you from still getting a Tommie Harris jersey?

5 and 1/2 more weeks until the playoffs for us, right? I think we'll have Tommie back by then.

Hurricane Ditka
12-09-2006, 01:23 PM

5 and 1/2 more weeks until the playoffs for us, right? I think we'll have Tommie back by then.Because I'm the world biggest over-reactor. And the fact that their 75 dollars. If his injury is as severe as they're billing it as, he might be back by the NFC Championship game, but he probably wouldn't be 100%.

Smokey Joe
12-09-2006, 01:37 PM

5 and 1/2 more weeks until the playoffs for us, right? I think we'll have Tommie back by then.Because I'm the world biggest over-reactor. And the fact that their 75 dollars. If his injury is as severe as they're billing it as, he might be back by the NFC Championship game, but he probably wouldn't be 100%.
You should get a Justin Gage jersey :twisted:

Boston
12-09-2006, 01:49 PM

You should get a Justin Gage jersey :twisted:

...or a Brett Favre jersey.

Smokey Joe
12-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Damn... got to wait an extra day and a half for Da Bears... :evil:

bearfan
12-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Huh?

And you guys need to stop crying, we lost an impactor on our defense, if we are as good as we think we are, then we will get over it

Addict
12-09-2006, 07:48 PM

whahahaha when in doubt: BLAME REX!

Smokey Joe
12-09-2006, 08:50 PM

Huh?

And you guys need to stop crying, we lost an impactor on our defense, if we are as good as we think we are, then we will get over it
Monday Night football. Got to wait an extra day and a half to watch the Bears. Get it?

bearfan
12-09-2006, 08:51 PM

Huh?

Monday Night football. Got to wait an extra day and a half to watch the Bears. Get it?

I didnt know it was on MNF...damn.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 08:52 AM

Huh?

Where the hell have you been dude? They've advertising the hell outta it on ESPN. :? :lol:

bearfan
12-10-2006, 10:46 AM

Huh?

Where the hell have you been dude? They've advertising the hell outta it on ESPN. :? :lol:

I dont get ESPN :(
And havent watched to much TV this week :roll:

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Huh?

I dont get ESPN :(
And havent watched to much TV this week :roll:

Excuses, excuses, excuses... :lol:

Addict
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM

Huh?

GREAT that means I can't watch it. Why don't they put these thing on... CNN or something?

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 06:24 PM
I hate Monday Night games, well at least it gives me something to look forward to during school tomorrow.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I hate Monday Night games, well at least it gives me something to look forward to during school tomorrow.

We always play like poo on Monday Night, that's why I hate them. Plus finals are this week. :evil:

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty sure a Saints loss and a win tomorrow would guaranty a first round bye.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Since Scott won't answer my question.......

In a few mocks, I have seen Paul Posluszny falling to the bears. Do you think Poz could be a good replacement for Briggs. Bearsfan123 originally asked the question...

Scott-Heres a question, could Poz take over for Briggs? or is he a different kind of linebacker?

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 07:37 PM

In a few mocks, I have seen Paul Posluszny falling to the bears. Do you think Poz could be a good replacement for Briggs. Bearsfan123 originally asked the question...

Scott-Heres a question, could Poz take over for Briggs? or is he a different kind of linebacker?

I'd like Poz, but I'd take Rufus over him. That's my opinion though.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I'd like to call this game "Rex's last Stand." Now it could be like Custer's last stand and like a masacre, or it could be like X Men 3 : The Last Stand, and end with Prof X coming back to life.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM

I'd like Poz, but I'd take Rufus over him. That's my opinion though.I'd love to take Poz simply to boast the only all white LBing core in the league.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM

I'd like Poz, but I'd take Rufus over him. That's my opinion though.I'd love to take Poz simply to boast the only all white LBing core in the league.

Not true, the Saints have an all-white LB core, sorry dude!

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Not true, the Saints have an all-white LB core, sorry dude!You just crushed my dreams, you sick sob.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Not true, the Saints have an all-white LB core, sorry dude!You just crushed my dreams, you sick sob.

I'm sorry HD. You can kick my ass next year in college. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 09:10 PM

I'm sorry HD. You can kick my ass next year in college. :lol:Are you gonna live on Campus, Or close to ISU? I'll be too busy not being sober to kick anyone's ass in college.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 09:19 PM

I'm sorry HD. You can kick my ass next year in college. :lol:Are you gonna live on Campus, Or close to ISU? I'll be too busy not being sober to kick anyone's ass in college.

I'm getting an apartment on ISU campus next year with a buddy (or two).

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm gonna have to live in the dorms. But then I'm joining a frat, and living out my dream of becoming Bluto from Animal House. which if i hadn't cut my hair I would be.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2006, 09:31 PM
So you're a fatty eh? If you join a frat make sure you don't let your studies slack. I was in a frat too but I never forget why I was in college.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
And you're an English teacher. We all have our problems, and for some reason I though you looked like Obi Wan Kenobi, don't ask how that made sense.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2006, 09:39 PM
And you're an English teacher. We all have our problems.
History

I like Obi Wan.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
HistoryEnglish History. It's all the same.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.
If you are so smart, long was the 100 year's war, huh?

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm gonna have to live in the dorms. But then I'm joining a frat, and living out my dream of becoming Bluto from Animal House. which if i hadn't cut my hair I would be.
I can't wait until college...

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 09:51 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

10 years? :?

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

nope. I'll let our "history teacher" tell you :D

bearsfan_51
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

The actual declaration of war and the end of the war was over 100 years by about a decade and a half, but of course the fighting was sporadic as was the type in the late Middle Ages.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 09:59 PM
If you're such a smarty-pants who wrote Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I can't wait until college...What grade are you in? Are you the one that goes to Barrington? I can't wait until Winter Break.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:04 PM
I can't wait until college...What grade are you in? Are you the one that goes to Barrington? I can't wait until Winter Break.
I am a junior, and no, I don't go to Barrington.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

The actual declaration of war and the end of the war was over 100 years by about a decade and a half, but of course the fighting was sporadic as was the type in the late Middle Ages.
It was 116 years long!!! HAHAHA! You loser!

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

Dude I was kidding. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I am a junior, and no, I don't go to Barrington.Where do you go? What ever happened to Orton's Neckbeard. Where did Cheesecake go?

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:07 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

Yeah, I really thought that you thought the hundred years war was only 10 years :roll:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually thought the hundred years was was 10 years, because your stupid! :P

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I am a junior, and no, I don't go to Barrington.Where do you go? What ever happened to Orton's Neckbeard. Where did Cheesecake go?
Marist. And both are locked up in a hole in my basement right now.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:08 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

Yeah, I really thought that you thought the hundred years war was only 10 years :roll:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually thought the hundred years was was 10 years, because your stupid! :PTheres no need to bring name calling into this you slippery pedophile.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Marist. And both are locked up in a hole in my basement right now.Where is that? Is it a catholic school? Sounds like a catholic school. Tony Romo is Rex Grossman.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
History

I like Obi Wan.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually thought the hundred years was was 10 years, because your stupid! :PTheres no need to bring name calling into this you slippery pedophile.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Marist. And both are locked up in a hole in my basement right now.Where is that? Is it a catholic school? Sounds like a catholic school. Tony Romo is Rex Grossman.
Southside of Chicago, and it is Catholic.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Southside of Chicago, and it is Catholic.Is it by Brother Rice? I have a cousin that goes to BR.

Smokey Joe
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Southside of Chicago, and it is Catholic.Is it by Brother Rice? I have a cousin that goes to BR.
Yeah, BR is barely a mile away from Marist, down the same street and all.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
I knew I'd heard of it before.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
WAIT! WHAT HAPPENED TO IBNO??? HE'S THE KEY TO REX GROSSMAN NOT PLAYING LIKE DOG ****

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 10:46 PM
WAIT! WHAT HAPPENED TO IBNO??? HE'S THE KEY TO REX GROSSMAN NOT PLAYING LIKE DOG ***********

That's what I've been saying, it's the IBNO curse man.

He didn't make a prediction against Arizona and Rex blew, same with Miami, New England, and Minnesota. Come on IBNO, get your arse on here, Rex needs you!

Bearsfan123
12-10-2006, 10:52 PM
i dont remember where I heard it but i heard that if Grossman is still struggling at halftime Lovies gonna yank him for Griese, any truth to it?

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:53 PM
i dont remember where I heard it but i heard that if Grossman is still struggling at halftime Lovies gonna yank him for Griese, any truth to it?It's the exact same set-up as last time if you ask me. Lovie's words are almost identical, the #'s are close to the same in some areas, national stage, this is game it happens if it's going to happen.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 10:53 PM
i dont remember where I heard it but i heard that if Grossman is still struggling at halftime Lovies gonna yank him for Griese, any truth to it?

Well Brian did get a ton of 1st string snaps in practice, so I could see it.

Hurricane Ditka
12-10-2006, 10:55 PM

Well Brian did get a ton of 1st string snaps in practice, so I could see it.If Griese can pretend be Trent Dilfer for 6 weeks, we'll be sitting pretty in our new super bowl gear.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2006, 10:58 PM

Well Brian did get a ton of 1st string snaps in practice, so I could see it.If Griese can pretend be Trent Dilfer for 6 weeks, we'll be sitting pretty in our new super bowl gear.

Try NFC Championship gear.

And weren't you the one that just said like 3 days ago we wouldn't win a playoff game? :lol:

SFbear
12-11-2006, 08:57 AM
For some reason seeing Tony Romo come back down to earth made me so happy. :D

bigbluedefense
12-11-2006, 09:00 AM

It made the whole world happy my friend. After 2 weeks, we all had to hear how Tony Romo was the best qb in the NFL. It was sickening.

Having that said though, he can just as easily have a great game next week and all the man wood for him will come back.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 09:03 AM

It made the whole world happy my friend. After 2 weeks, we all had to hear how Tony Romo was the best qb in the NFL. It was sickening.

Having that said though, he can just as easily have a great game next week and all the man wood for him will come back.
It's just gratifying to us because we tried to tell everyone that 5 games does not make an NFL QB. Look at Grossman. Had Thomas actually caught the ball instead of flipping it to T.O Romo would have thrown 3 picks with no TDs.

It's funny now that the Cowboys aren't the best team in the NFC, the Saints are. Anything to not give credit to the Bears I guess. :roll:

bigbluedefense
12-11-2006, 09:12 AM

It's just gratifying to us because we tried to tell everyone that 5 games does not make an NFL QB. Look at Grossman. Had Thomas actually caught the ball instead of flipping it to T.O Romo would have thrown 3 picks with no TDs.

It's funny now that the Cowboys aren't the best team in the NFC, the Saints are. Anything to not give credit to the Bears I guess. :roll:

Yeah, the Bears are the best until proven otherwise. I would love to see Griese in there. If he can be a Ben Roethlisberger, you guys should be a shoe in to go the SB. I don't trust Rex in the playoffs.

Bearsfan123
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM

51 dont be bitter. I understand why no one wants to give credit to the Bears. Our Quarterback is as erratic as a fish flopping on a deck, you never know which way he'll flop. And its a legit concern. Now if Gorssman picks it up, hell, we will be without a doubt the best team in the NFL or at the least of the NFC.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 01:19 PM
I just think it's funny that all of the criticisms leveled at us don't seem to matter with the Saints.

We don't have a great offense, they don't have a great defense. I would take Great D-Bad O over the alternative any day of the week.

People always say we haven't beaten anyone. Who have the Saints beaten? The Cowboys last night, and the Falcons. That's it. Seriously, every other tough team they've faced they lost to. The Ravens, the Bengals, the Panthers, the Steelers all beat them and three of them by pretty sound margins.

Hurricane Ditka
12-11-2006, 03:11 PM

Try NFC Championship gear.

And weren't you the one that just said like 3 days ago we wouldn't win a playoff game? :lol:Don't buy NFC Championship gear, it's a jinx.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I just think it's funny that all of the criticisms leveled at us don't seem to matter with the Saints.

We don't have a great offense, they don't have a great defense. I would take Great D-Bad O over the alternative any day of the week.

People always say we haven't beaten anyone. Who have the Saints beaten? The Cowboys last night, and the Falcons. That's it. Seriously, every other tough team they've faced they lost to. The Ravens, the Bengals, the Panthers, the Steelers all beat them and three of them by pretty sound margins.

I'm happy with being everyones #2 or #3 team. Our boys seem to play better with a chip on their shoulder and with a win tonight, we could clinch a bye in the first round. But yea it's like a carousel with the NFC. First it was Seattle (then we crushed them), after that it was us (and when we choked against Miami we dropped), then it was the Giants (and we beat them like a drum), then it was Dallas (and they were beaten like a drum), and now it's the Saints until they possibly get beaten.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Where are you IBNO? We're in for a long night with Grossman if he doesn't make a prediction! Well ok we're in for a long night anyway but at least give me some hope! :cry:

SFbear
12-11-2006, 06:09 PM
What scares me the most is Grossman returning to form over the few games next games against some mediocre defenses and keeping Griese on the bench and then completely cracking under the pressure for our first playoff game.

So Rex if you could do us all a favor and either suck really bad tonite or play lights out for the rest of the year, that would be great mmmkay.

Windy
12-11-2006, 07:01 PM
As usual I will make my predictions for tonights bears game.

(keep in mind i am not a bears fan)

Rex Grossman 17/27 262 2 TDs 0 INTs

After tonight the ROY will be between Hester and MJD :wink:

Score:

Bears 27

Rams 14

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
As usual I will make my predictions for tonights bears game.

(keep in mind i am not a bears fan)

Rex Grossman 17/27 262 2 TDs 0 INTs

After tonight the ROY will be between Hester and MJD :wink:

Score:

Bears 27

Rams 14
Thanks Windy. We'll be hosting the post game show featuring TV's James Avery and Alan Thicke outside Ditka's after the game. You bring the Doritos and Chocolate Milk.