PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Windy
12-11-2006, 07:09 PM
As usual I will make my predictions for tonights bears game.

(keep in mind i am not a bears fan)

Rex Grossman 17/27 262 2 TDs 0 INTs

After tonight the ROY will be between Hester and MJD :wink:

Score:

Bears 27

Rams 14
Thanks Windy. We'll be hosting the post game show featuring TV's James Avery and Alan Thicke outside Ditka's after the game. You bring the Doritos and Chocolate Milk.

:shock: Alan Thicke :shock:

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/783/000024711/alan-thicke-1-sized.jpg

You got that right.

bearfan
12-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Even after a decent half, I still dont like Grossman. :evil:

Smokey Joe
12-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm still in between on Grossman. He played decent, which probably warrents another half for him. He has looked more comfortable in the pocket today, which is a plus. That TD was all Berrian though, Grossman got lucky imo. The corner jumped the route a little too early, and the rest was pure speed by Berrian. If that corner waits another mili-second, that could have been a pick-6.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm still in between on Grossman. He played decent, which probably warrents another half for him. He has looked more comfortable in the pocket today, which is a plus. That TD was all Berrian though, Grossman got lucky imo. The corner jumped the route a little too early, and the rest was pure speed by Berrian. If that corner waits another mili-second, that could have been a pick-6.
No way. Grossman put that ball perfectly over the rushed and trusted his route. That was a terrific decision/throw. He led the player and threw it exactely where he was going to be.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 10:11 PM
No way. Grossman put that ball perfectly over the rushed and trusted his route. That was a terrific decision/throw. He led the player and threw it exactely where he was going to be.

He has seen the light. :wink:

He's making great reads so far tonight and he's only really "forced" one ball. He's checking down and taking what's given to him. Now, my question is if he can keep it up the rest of the game and if he can continue it. If he can, we're golden, if not we're back to where we were after the Pats and Vikes game.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
WHOOT! FIRST ROUND BYE! :D

Smokey Joe
12-11-2006, 11:04 PM
I heard something very positive today... Brian Urlacher is willing to re-work his contract if it means Lance Briggs would stay. I so hope the Bears and Briggs can work something out.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I heard something very positive today... Brian Urlacher is willing to re-work his contract if it means Lance Briggs would stay. I so hope the Bears and Briggs can work something out.

Yup! :D

Smokey Joe
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Well, Smokey Joe is tired, and didn't do any homework today. I have to wake up early now :cry:

Good night Bear fans around the world!

Hurricane Ditka
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry Rex, you're very sexy. Devin Hester ROY.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry Rex, you're very sexy. Devin Hester ROY.

For this week he's sexy. We'll see what player comes out against the Bucs next week.

Hurricane Ditka
12-11-2006, 11:17 PM
If Rex can do this for the rest of the year, we'll be sitting pretty.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
If Rex can do this for the rest of the year, we'll be sitting pretty.

That's the question though, "if" he can. If he can't, we'll be in trouble again.

But again, the telling stat for him. O TURNOVERS! :D

yodabear
12-11-2006, 11:25 PM
LOVIE FOR COY!

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:28 PM
LOVIE FOR COY!

Sean Payton will get it.

yodabear
12-11-2006, 11:29 PM
LOVIE FOR COY!

Sean Payton will get it.

I LOVE LOVIE. I WANT HIM BACK IN THE LOUIS!

SFbear
12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Defense was very mediocre tonite. I almost threw up after the Rams converted the 3rd and 25. We really missed Tommie Harris.

oh yeah, Devin "Anytime" Hester. Nuff Said

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Defense was very mediocre tonite. I almost threw up after the Rams converted the 3rd and 25. We really missed Tommie Harris.

1st Half yes, 2nd Half no. I don't care about the 2 TD's at the end of the game. We killed them in the 3rd Quarter.

But yes it does need to improve.

NGSeiler
12-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Nice win, Bears! Good luck in the playoffs. Locking up that first round bye has to feel good. I know the Rams were able to move the ball on the Bears D, but I personally was impressed with how hard the Bears hit. I lost count of the number of nice hits and stops this defense made. Good luck!

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Nice win, Bears! Good luck in the playoffs. Locking up that first round bye has to feel good. I know the Rams were able to move the ball on the Bears D, but I personally was impressed with how hard the Bears hit. I lost count of the number of nice hits and stops this defense made. Good luck!

Our D struggles on turf, hell our team usually struggles on turf. Why can't you guys come up to Soldier field and play us? :? We always play you guys in the Dome.

Anyway I was shocked by the 0 turnovers today by our D.

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Peace and hair grease fellas. I'm off to bed, I've got finals tomorrow so I gotta get my beauty sleep. My closing for tonight:

First Round Bye, win on the road on national television, Rex plays well, big hits, no injuries tonight, we beat the Rams, and go to 11-2. It don't get much better than that boys.

Now lets go out and clinch HFA here in the next couple weeks and get guys like Johnson and Vasher healthy.

People were bitching and moaning about the "classy" teams not making statements this week (ie Dallas, Colts, etc), well we just made a statement tonight.

Devin Hester is a god amongst men. And for those who said we "reached" for him, insert foot into mouth please. :D

The QB debate is settled for at least another week, but it's nice to see Rex play well. He's a great kid, a great teammate, and a talented QB. Just play smart and you'll be fine.

NGSeiler
12-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Our D struggles on turf, hell our team usually struggles on turf. Why can't you guys come up to Soldier field and play us? :? We always play you guys in the Dome.

The last time we played you was in Chicago in 2003. :lol:

12-12-2006, 01:20 AM
agh...this game is going to be scary sunday. I predict the bears winning by at least 4 TDs.

SFbear
12-12-2006, 02:50 AM
agh...this game is going to be scary sunday. I predict the bears winning by at least 4 TDs.

I wont lie. It could get ugly.

12-12-2006, 02:55 AM

I wont lie. It could get ugly.it's going to be freezing to.....should i just sleep in?

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 09:11 AM

Actually I think we were missing Vasher and Johnson more than Tommie. Either way, I wasn't shocked, the Rams style of offense is exactely what works against us, short-intermediate passing with a runningback that is shifty but runs with power. Obviously I'm as disgusted as you that we could give up 27 points to anyone, let alone the Rams, but I don't think it's a sign of things to come simply because we don't have Tommie.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 09:12 AM

I wont lie. It could get ugly.it's going to be freezing to.....should i just sleep in?
Do you live in Tampa? I would just go to the beach or something personally.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Got this from pft.com. While I think it's overstated, and missing the fact that he was doubleteamed more later in the year, I do agree that the loss of Harris might not be such a huge deal considering he really hasn't been a factor since early in the year. Harris is a very streaky player, and given his comments last offseason about actually considering walking away from the game, I wonder how much his personality and numerous interests which supercede football make it hard for him to focus on football on a daily basis.

Amid reports that Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris will miss the rest of the season with a hamstring injury that requires surgery, the real question is whether the 11-2 NFC North champs will miss him.

Some league insiders think that the answer is a resounding "no," given that Harris essentially disappeared after being anointed as the Cover 2 heir to Warren Sapp.

The Cover 2-style attack relies on all four defensive linemen to rush the passer effectively, and Harris was doing it well through the first four games of the season, notching five sacks.

In the eight games in which he played since then?

None.

Before Harris went down with the hamstring injury on December 3, a league insider asked us: "Have you noticed that since the 'real' media proclaimed Harris the greatest defensive tackle in the history of the NFL, he has done literally nothing since then? People are speculating that he might be sick, hurt, or reading his own press clippings but no one seems to know."

Our source was guessed that Harris merely was believing the hype, and the hamstring tear (which as we understand it is similar to the injury suffered last year by Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis) intervened before Harris could turn it around.

12-12-2006, 02:46 PM

Do you live in Tampa? I would just go to the beach or something personally.no, california.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Do you live in Tampa? I would just go to the beach or something personally.no, california.
Whatever, you can still go to the beach.

12-12-2006, 03:03 PM

Whatever, you can still go to the beach.at 10 in the morning? =\

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM

What do you want from me dude? :lol: Watch the game for all I care.

SFbear
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Got this from pft.com. While I think it's overstated, and missing the fact that he was doubleteamed more later in the year, I do agree that the loss of Harris might not be such a huge deal considering he really hasn't been a factor since early in the year. Harris is a very streaky player, and given his comments last offseason about actually considering walking away from the game, I wonder how much his personality and numerous interests which supercede football make it hard for him to focus on football on a daily basis.

Amid reports that Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris will miss the rest of the season with a hamstring injury that requires surgery, the real question is whether the 11-2 NFC North champs will miss him.

Some league insiders think that the answer is a resounding "no," given that Harris essentially disappeared after being anointed as the Cover 2 heir to Warren Sapp.

The Cover 2-style attack relies on all four defensive linemen to rush the passer effectively, and Harris was doing it well through the first four games of the season, notching five sacks.

None.

Before Harris went down with the hamstring injury on December 3, a league insider asked us: "Have you noticed that since the 'real' media proclaimed Harris the greatest defensive tackle in the history of the NFL, he has done literally nothing since then? People are speculating that he might be sick, hurt, or reading his own press clippings but no one seems to know."

Our source was guessed that Harris merely was believing the hype, and the hamstring tear (which as we understand it is similar to the injury suffered last year by Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis) intervened before Harris could turn it around.

Objection...Speculative.

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 03:50 PM
This is the final thing I am going to say about the QB situation...

This will be the last week there would be any controversy. Grossman played good today, but not great. I have a feeling it could get ugly against the Bucs, though. But if Grossman survives next week, and plays like he did last night, Grossman will stay at QB. Even if he does tank the final two weeks, I find it hard to believe that Lovie would make a QB change letting Griese only getting one week of playing time.

With that being sad, I will not saying anything else about the QB situation. No matter what I think or say, the opposite always happens, and I don't feel like looking stupid anymore.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM

None.

Objection...Speculative.
Well him being streaky isn't speculative. But obviously the rest is.

12-12-2006, 04:19 PM

What do you want from me dude? :lol: Watch the game for all I care.I want Devin Hester, thats what i want :(

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM

What do you want from me dude? :lol: Watch the game for all I care.I want Devin Hester, thats what i want :(
The Bucs would most likely have Hes right now if the Bears didn't draft him. Correct me if I am wrong, but Gruden really wanted Hester, right?

12-12-2006, 04:26 PM

The Bucs would most likely have Hes right now if the Bears didn't draft him. Correct me if I am wrong, but Gruden really wanted Hester, right?thats what was going around last draft but gruden also said he was in love with Duece Lutui (guard for cardinals now out of USC) and that was just a smokescreen to draft Davin Joseph. So idk if that was true or not about Gruden liking hester, but he was the player i wanted the most in the draft but oh well :(

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM

The last time we played you was in Chicago in 2003. :lol:

Yea but since then we've played like 2 regular season games in St. Louis and 2 preseason games there.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 05:07 PM

The Bucs would most likely have Hes right now if the Bears didn't draft him. Correct me if I am wrong, but Gruden really wanted Hester, right?
The Titans were going to draft him untill Lendale White became available. I guess time will tell how smart that move was, but with Pacman returning punts (and we all know he's the greatest returner of all time) I'm still suprised they would have made that move.

SFbear
12-12-2006, 05:18 PM

None.

Objection...Speculative.
Well him being streaky isn't speculative. But obviously the rest is.

Our entire D-line is streaky.

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Lovie and Ron are ready to put Hester in on offense. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=2794

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Lovie and Ron are ready to put Hester in on offense. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=2794
I think he'd be better at WR now rather then CB, but I think he can make a better CB then WR in the long run. I say keep him at corner.

Bighead734
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM

I think this is smart. It makes teams overthink. Hester can become a decoy, but I don't see him making more than 2 appearances a game on the offense. He'd probably be in on a reverse or double reverse play.

Windy
12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
If i was still allowed to make extra accounts on here it would be:

Haloti Ngatas Tatas

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 07:55 PM

Haloti Ngatas Tatas

I love you Windy! :D

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 07:56 PM

Haloti Ngatas Tatas
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3889/coleman850ai.jpg
Whatch talkin' about Windy?

DHVF
12-12-2006, 08:54 PM
If any common poster here wants a nice Hester sig, pm me.

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
If any common poster here wants a nice Hester sig, pm me.
check your pm box...

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I think we all need a sig of god himself, Devin Hester.

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I think we all need a sig of god himself, Devin Hester.

It's a thing of beauty. :D

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I have one too. Courtesy of VLS

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah, you and windy. Plus, you both have the same render. :D

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, you and windy. Plus, you both have the same render. :DMine says miracle worker. So there.

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, you and windy. Plus, you both have the same render. :DMine says miracle worker. So there.

I like smokey's better HD. The shot of the Ram player in the background is awesome!

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Jags have the MJD Clan the Bears have the Hester Clan :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:32 PM

I like smokey's better HD. The shot of the Ram player in the background is awesome!Not the first time you've said that. :(

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM

I like smokey's better HD. The shot of the Ram player in the background is awesome!Not the first time you've said that. :(

Well Smokey's is longer, sleaker, and smoother. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:45 PM

Well Smokey's is longer, sleaker, and smoother. :lol:Well mine doesn't have warts.

Smokey Joe
12-12-2006, 10:52 PM

Well Smokey's is longer, sleaker, and smoother. :lol:Well mine doesn't have warts.
So. Mine doesn't either. :D

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:53 PM

So. Mine doesn't either. :DLiving in Bloomington Normal Sweetness probably does. ZING.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
This is where it's at boys and..umm..boys

http://www.blimpinfo.com/OVER%20AKRON.JPG

Spatial Akron, Ohio. Home of The King, Lebron James. And yours truely. My apartment complex is on the left next to the tall building.

SFbear
12-13-2006, 02:18 AM
Anybody know anything about this rookie safety, Nick Turnbull, we just picked up.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2795

6"2 215 from what Ive read. 4.55 40

SFbear
12-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Well apparently the media has come to the consensus that Rex Grossman is the answer for this team. Lovie Smith is again a genius. :roll: We'll see what they say next week if he has another bad game.

Also Mike Mayock apparently has come to the conclusion that Devin Hester was an excellent draft pick. What a draft genius. :roll:

I need a better emoticon to express my disdain for the sports media.

bearfan
12-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Well apparently the media has come to the consensus that Rex Grossman is the answer for this team. Lovie Smith is again a genius. :roll: We'll see what they say next week if he has another bad game.
Also Mike Mayock apparently has come to the conclusion that Devin Hester was an excellent draft pick. What a draft genius. :roll:

This is why I am starting not to like Grossman. He has some terrible games, and then 1 decent to good one makes up for all the bad? I dont think so :roll:

SFbear
12-13-2006, 10:08 AM

This is why I am starting not to like Grossman. He has some terrible games, and then 1 decent to good one makes up for all the bad? I dont think so :roll:

I am absolutely certain Grossman will have a terrible game against the first decent pass defense we go up against. But I realize everybody on this team is in love with this kid. Everybody has stood behind him 100%and the sideline absolutely erupted when he threw that fade to Moose. I get the sense that the team is willing to go to war with Grossman leading the way and I can't say the same thing about Griese or Orton. That might change later down the line but right now thats what I see.

Oh and my comment is more about the media's fickle attitude towards Grossman and young Qbs is general.

"Next on ESPN: Is Tony Romo regressing?" True story.

Bighead734
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Criticism of Grossman is justified, but if you believe we Griese should start you just aren't very smart. We've had game managers in the past and we haven't won anything. You have to think about the playoffs here.

Grossman gives our team another dimension on offense. If he has a good game, we don't have to rely on our defense and special teams to score points and win the game for us. Also, if our defense has a bad game (ala Carolina last year) Grossman has the ability to possibly win the game for us (ala Carolina last year).

This is why you start Grossman the rest of the year. Build the kid's confidence. The kid still hasn't played a full season, so for a rookie/2nd year QB he's had some solid stats, just those few bad games. The kid has the shot to have multiple turnovers each game, but thats the kind of QB he is. He needs to learn how to limit turnovers and the only way to do that is to play the kid. If you sit him now, we waste a draft pick. He won't come back from a benching now.

I guess I just don't understand the call for Griese when we've had limited success with average QBs. Grossman has shown he can be a dynamic QB and he gives us the best shot at winning in the playoffs. So please stop this QB controversy.

Smokey Joe
12-13-2006, 03:35 PM

Spatial Akron, Ohio. Home of The King, Lebron James. And yours truely. My apartment complex is on the left next to the tall building.
No one cares about Ohio. Chicago is where its at.

Pit Bull #53
12-13-2006, 03:50 PM
http://asmallvictory.net/idol/archives/Wario.jpg

Smokey Joe
12-13-2006, 03:52 PM
http://asmallvictory.net/idol/archives/Wario.jpg
YES!!! Mario Pictures are back!!!

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/614/614559/dance-dance-revolution-with-mario-20050516022744388.jpg

bearsfan_51
12-13-2006, 07:50 PM

Well I may be moving to Chicago soon. But for now, Ohio is where its at. And by it, I mean me.

bearsfan_51
12-13-2006, 07:52 PM
http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookalikes/pics/mario-01.jpg

Hurricane Ditka
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM

Well I may be moving to Chicago soon. But for now, Ohio is where its at. And by it, I mean me.Ohio is dumb.

Windy
12-13-2006, 09:34 PM
http://lakeaccess.org/Minnetonka/images/jj_minnetonka_access2.jpg

sweetness34
12-13-2006, 09:38 PM

You livin in Minnesota Windy?

Hurricane Ditka
12-13-2006, 09:42 PM
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00246/Super-Mario-Galaxy-_246225g.jpg

Windy
12-13-2006, 09:48 PM

this is where the famous vikings sex boat occured. i am planning
a get together for us and some strippers.

Hurricane Ditka
12-13-2006, 09:57 PM

this is where the famous vikings sex boat occured. i am planning
a get together for us and some strippers.Let's invite Kyle Orton and get ****-faced.

bearsfan_51
12-14-2006, 08:43 AM

Well I may be moving to Chicago soon. But for now, Ohio is where its at. And by it, I mean me.Ohio is dumb.
I've never been to any place in America that wasn't more or less populated by dumb people. Actually Boston proportionatelly is very well educated, but they were a bunch of assholes. People in Chicago are nice, but fat and stupid as all get out. The SNL skit doesn't even begin to do justice.

VoteLynnSwan
12-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, you and windy. Plus, you both have the same render. :D

HAHA... I'm lazy as ****... I didn't want to cut another render. :lol:

Smokey Joe
12-14-2006, 03:44 PM
What the hell is going on with Tank Johnson? SWAT teams searched his house, and Tank wasn't at practice today. I hope he has a girlfriend into drugs or something, and he is innocent. I doubt that is the case though.

If Tank is in big trouble here, which it sounds like he is, he probably wouldn't be with the Bears next season. If so, would a DT first day be a possibility?

SFbear
12-14-2006, 05:29 PM
What the hell is going on with Tank Johnson? SWAT teams searched his house, and Tank wasn't at practice today. I hope he has a girlfriend into drugs or something, and he is innocent. I doubt that is the case though.

If Tank is in big trouble here, which it sounds like he is, he probably wouldn't be with the Bears next season. If so, would a DT first day be a possibility?

If its true, I hope we cut Tank and resign Ian Scott. Then again I wonder if the Colts are desparate enough to trade for Tank.

Smokey Joe
12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Turns out Tank had seceral weapons without the right type of permit or something like that. It is only a misdemeanor and no charges have been filed yet. Someone who was at his house got arrest for possesion of drugs, I think. This doesn't seem as serious as first thought.

Hurricane Ditka
12-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Turns out Tank had seceral weapons without the right type of permit or something like that. It is only a misdemeanor and no charges have been filed yet. Someone who was at his house got arrest for possesion of drugs, I think. This doesn't seem as serious as first thought.Tank'll get a misdeamnor.

Bearsfan123
12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
i still say we try and trade for Shaun Rogers... trade Boone and our 2nd rounder for him. I think our run d would get a huge boost.

sweetness34
12-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Tank will be fine on this one.

Hurricane Ditka
12-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Tank will be fine on this one.He'll get a misdemeanor for possession of handguns without proper certification.

SFbear
12-14-2006, 08:35 PM
i still say we try and trade for Shaun Rogers... trade Boone and our 2nd rounder for him. I think our run d would get a huge boost.

Shaun Rogers at NT plus Tommie Harris at UT :shock:

Rogers has had some issues with the Lions FO but they would never trade to a division rival. I did get chills thinking about it though.

sweetness34
12-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Tank will be fine on this one.He'll get a misdemeanor for possession of handguns without proper certification.

In the world of the NFL, a slap on the wrist and a wave of the finger. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM

In the world of the NFL, a slap on the wrist and a wave of the finger. :lol:Ricky Manning Jr misses one game for a hate crime, Tank'll be fine unless Lovie and Angelo want to take action.

Smokey Joe
12-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Tank Johnson is a perfect fit for the Bengals. He would fit right in.

This could be the last year of Tank. I don't think Jerry and Lovie want to deal with "Gangsta" Tank much more.

Hurricane Ditka
12-14-2006, 10:20 PM

This could be the last year of Tank. I don't think Jerry and Lovie want to deal with "Gangsta" Tank much more.I doubt that. He's had his problems before and they didn't do anything. He faces 6 misdemeanors, he won't see jail time, he just needs to smarten up a little. But I don't see the Bears giving Ian Scott more money than he'd get on the market, although if Tank is suspended this could pave the way for Dusty next year.

Bearsfan123
12-15-2006, 12:49 PM

This could be the last year of Tank. I don't think Jerry and Lovie want to deal with "Gangsta" Tank much more.I doubt that. He's had his problems before and they didn't do anything. He faces 6 misdemeanors, he won't see jail time, he just needs to smarten up a little. But I don't see the Bears giving Ian Scott more money than he'd get on the market, although if Tank is suspended this could pave the way for Dusty next year.

yeah im disappointed Dusty didnt play this year....

SFbear
12-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Who do you guys think we should look at for strong safety in draft? Im thinking later 2nd round or early 3rd if we end up trading down again.

Smokey Joe
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Who do you guys think we should look at for strong safety in draft? Im thinking later 2nd round or early 3rd if we end up trading down again.
John Wendling = The next best thing since Devin Hester.

Smokey Joe
12-15-2006, 03:53 PM

I don't understand the need for a football player on your team to have 6 guns, and especially without permits, or whatever. Tank is making a lot of stupid decisions of the field.

Smokey Joe
12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Linky to my newest rant... (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31392)

Smokey Joe
12-15-2006, 07:17 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-061215tankcharges,1,6082501.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Carnell Williams is going to destroy us :( I think after this season it will be the end of Mr. Tank Johnson in Chicago.

sweetness34
12-15-2006, 08:10 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-061215tankcharges,1,6082501.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Carnell Williams is going to destroy us :( I think after this season it will be the end of Mr. Tank Johnson in Chicago.

No he's not. :?

Smokey Joe
12-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Now his body guard or whatever, Posey, gets shot to death at a night club where he and Tank were out together. Jeez, come on Tank, you are making bad decision after bad decision. First you get busted for not having an owners permit for your guns, then after the team asks you to not hang around with low-life drugies, you go to a club at 1 in the morning, and then your "friend" gets shot to death.

You have 5-6 guns, whatever. Get a freaking owners permit, they cost 5 dollars!!!! How stupid can you be!? And for those wondering why the cops came in, it was because Tank and co. were shooting their guns in their backyard for "target practice," and the neighbors called the cops.

Terry "Tank" Johnson is really pissing me off, and I wouldn't mind him becomming inactive for the rest of the season, and traded/cut in the offseason.

bearsfan_51
12-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Now his body guard or whatever, Posey, gets shot to death at a night club where he and Tank were out together. Jeez, come on Tank, you are making bad decision after bad decision. First you get busted for not having an owners permit for your guns, then after the team asks you to not hang around with low-life drugies, you go to a club at 1 in the morning, and then your "friend" gets shot to death.

You have 5-6 guns, whatever. Get a freaking owners permit, they cost 5 dollars!!!! How stupid can you be!? And for those wondering why the cops came in, it was because Tank and co. were shooting their guns in their backyard for "target practice," and the neighbors called the cops.

Terry "Tank" Johnson is really pissing me off, and I wouldn't mind him becomming inactive for the rest of the season, and traded/cut in the offseason.
Why?

dabears10
12-17-2006, 12:26 AM
You have 5-6 guns, whatever. Get a freaking owners permit, they cost 5 dollars!!!! How stupid can you be!?

I believe he is a convicted felon? In the State of Illinois you cannot have an owners permit. That being said the wife or other low-lifes could of got it.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 09:01 AM
GO BEARS! :D

Ok, lets win this game and hope NO loses so we can get the #1 seed in the playoffs. 8)

12-17-2006, 09:40 AM

Ok, lets win this game and hope NO loses so we can get the #1 seed in the playoffs. 8)it would be great to upset the bears :D

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 10:14 AM

Why?
Because I hate scumbags.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 10:46 AM

Ok, lets win this game and hope NO loses so we can get the #1 seed in the playoffs. 8)it would be great to upset the bears :D

Anything is possible but we'd have to play like absolute **** to lose this game pure and simple. Your offense is god awful and your defense is old. Plus you're playing in Chicago.

Not saying there's no chance but it looks very bad for you right now on paper. Plus the fact that we can clinch the #1 seed with a win and a New Orleans loss.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 11:02 AM

Anything is possible but we'd have to play like absolute *********** to lose this game pure and simple. Your offense is god awful and your defense is old. Plus you're playing in Chicago.

Not saying there's no chance but it looks very bad for you right now on paper. Plus the fact that we can clinch the #1 seed with a win and a New Orleans loss.
Pressure Rex, and the Bucs have a chance.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 11:05 AM

Why?
Because I hate scumbags.
Which part makes him a "scumbag", the fact that he smokes weed, or the fact that he owns guns?

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 11:06 AM

Ok, lets win this game and hope NO loses so we can get the #1 seed in the playoffs. 8)
I don't want to clinch HFA this week. A week against Green Bay to rest would be great, but I think two weeks is too much.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 11:11 AM

Why?
Because I hate scumbags.
Which part makes him a "scumbag", the fact that he smokes weed, or the fact that he owns guns?
Both.

sweetness34

I don't want to clinch HFA this week. A week against Green Bay to rest would be great, but I think two weeks is too much.

I just want to clinch HFA. Ok, I'll side with you I guess. Go New Orleans. :lol:

bearsfan_51

Why?
Because I hate scumbags.
Both.
That's beyond blind. I would guess that around 20-30% of the league does both, and clubs, on a continual basis.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
By the way, I am in no way condoning Tank's idiotic actions. I smoke a lot of weed, so I have no problem with that. And as a black man with money, I have no problem with him owning firearms. He's just not very smart. It's not very smart to resist arrest, to not get a permit, to hang around with thugs, or to go clubbing a night after the police raid your house.

If the Bears so choose to cut him, I would completely understand, but to act like a large percentage of the league is not made up of thugs is putting your head in the sand. Most of these guys are innercity kids who all of the sudden have massive amounts of money and free-time. I'm not sure what people expect.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 11:17 AM

Why?
Because I hate scumbags.
Both.
That's beyond blind. I would guess that around 20-30% of the league does both, and clubs, on a continual basis.
Yeah, I know that. And I think a lot of players are scum bags. But a lot of players don't get caught, where as Tank does.

And in related news, Tank Johnson reportedly told teammates that he thinks he played his last game as a Chicago Bear, as Jerry Angelo was furious at him.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Devin Hester :x

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 02:38 PM

He's still a great returner, mark my words he'll return the next one a long way.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 02:47 PM

He's still a great returner, mark my words he'll return the next one a long way.
wrong... :D

And I know Hester is still god, but he gets cocky at times and tries to get fancy.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Benson is now god...

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Benson is now god...

He was god before he was born.

Btw Desmond Clark is a STUD! Our TE's have been dynamite today.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Chris Harris with the pick..

For every tackle he wiffs on he always comes up with a big play..

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Chris Harris with the pick..

For every tackle he wiffs on he always comes up with a big play..

I miss Todd Johnson! :cry:

jbombul
12-17-2006, 03:10 PM
thank you for continously beating our brains year in and out us lions fans are looking for the bears-lions rivalry to be back to competitive in 2031

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
what the hell is happening? This is ****, do we even have a pass D?

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM
what the hell is happening? This is ***********, do we even have a pass D?

We need Vash back. R. Manning struggled mightily in pass coverage, also the other Manning wasn't too good either.

Ugh it wasn't pretty at the end but we got it done. Wow what a game.

But can you say...

2006 NFC REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS AND HFA IN THE PLAYOFFS! We've got no excuses going into the playoffs now with HFA. It's SB or bust for us, period. They got the home field that they wanted now prove you're worthy to go to Miami.

GO BEARS! Btw Rex was a stud today. 8)

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM
thank you for continously beating our brains year in and out us lions fans are looking for the bears-lions rivalry to be back to competitive in 2031

Well we were the cellar dwellars for a long time there in the Central. And it's about time we got ours.

Hurricane Ditka
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I think first day DT is a legit possibility now. Tank just doesn't get it.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Finally, someone who agrees with me!!! :D

What if Amobi Okoye fell to us in the 1st!?

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM

What about Dvoracek and Harris? And we'll probably resign Scott now that Tank is gone, or won't we?

Plus Garay and Boone have been playing well.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 04:56 PM

What about Dvoracek and Harris? And we'll probably resign Scott now that Tank is gone, or won't we?

Dvorecek is a question mark. He has never played one snap in the NFL. He can't be relied on at DT next season. Harris is also a question mark. How will he respond from the injury?

And if Briggs is resigned, there might not be enough to sign Scott also. And I think Scott might want out because he might feel not wanted because Dvorecek was drafted as his replacement. And Boone and Garay or just backups.

Hurricane Ditka
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Scott is likely to test the open market where he'll get a better deal, Harris is coming off a severe injury, Dvorchek hasn't played a down. If Okoye fell to us I'd take him. Our draft has to be centered around the defense and oline this year. I'd like to see

1. OLB
2. DT
3. SS
4. OT
5. OT
6. CB
7. DE

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM

Dvorecek is a question mark. He has never played one snap in the NFL. He can't be relied on at DT next season. Harris is also a question mark. How will he respond from the injury?

And if Briggs is resigned, there might not be enough to sign Scott also. And I think Scott might want out because he might feel not wanted because Dvorecek was drafted as his replacement. And Boone and Garay or just backups.

It sounds like Tank might get one last chance from what I've been hearing. I say sit him out the final 2 games and see if he can right the ship because he is from what I've seen a pleasant guy and a good kid, he just makes bad decisions.

I don't know. I'd love to give him one more chance because he's very talented and I know he means well, but on the other hand what if he screws up again? That makes our organization look bad.

I'm on the fence on this one.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Scott is likely to test the open market where he'll get a better deal, Harris is coming off a severe injury, Dvorchek hasn't played a down. If Okoye fell to us I'd take him. Our draft has to be centered around the defense and oline this year. I'd like to see

1. OLB
2. DT
3. SS
4. OT
5. OT
6. CB
7. DE

OT twice? I would think OT and OG/C, but not two of the same. And if Briggs is resigned you can cross off OLB from that.

I still think it would be a good idea to bring in a good tall reciever. Maybe even sign RFA Ernest Wilford, but he would probably cost a 3rd round pick.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
St. Clair actually wasn't that bad today. I didn't even know Tait was out until I read it on ChicagBears.com

Although he did get beat a couple times. 1st Round, no on DT unless some huge talent falls to us (that's if Tank is gone). But first day is a possibility.

Our biggest needs though are still SS, OL (OT), and SLB (if Briggs leaves).

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Ian Scott isn't going to get a big deal from anyone. He already said he'd like to come back to the Bears next year, even as a backup. That should be an indication of what he and his agent think he could command on the open market.

He's pretty good at clogging holes, but I think even that was a bit overstated considering the talent he had around him. Non-impact players don't command top dollar on the FA market.

Oh and we'll be 20 million under the cap, so we should be ok money-wise.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
St. Clair actually wasn't that bad today. I didn't even know Tait was out until I read it on ChicagBears.com

Although he did get beat a couple times. 1st Round, no on DT unless some huge talent falls to us (that's if Tank is gone). But first day is a possibility.

Our biggest needs though are still SS, OL (OT), and SLB (if Briggs leaves).
Briggs plays WLB.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Ian Scott isn't going to get a big deal from anyone. He already said he'd like to come back to the Bears next year, even as a backup. That should be an indication of what he and his agent think he could command on the open market.

He's pretty good at clogging holes, but I think even that was a bit overstated considering the talent he had around him. Non-impact players don't command top dollar on the FA market.

Damn, we are going to have 20 million in cap space next season? I thought it was going to be something like 10 million. Well, that does make a difference. There is no reason why the Bears couldn't offer Briggs a big contract now...

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Damn, we are going to have 20 million in cap space next season? I thought it was going to be something like 10 million. Well, that does make a difference. There is no reason why the Bears couldn't offer Briggs a big contract now...
They did offer him a big contract. He turned it down. If the Bears are going to keep Briggs it's because they'll franchise him. Once he hits the free agent market some team is going to offer him WAAAAY more money than he's worth.

The AVERAGE amount under the cap teams will be next year is 20 million because of the new CBA.

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 07:22 PM

They did offer him a big contract. He turned it down. If the Bears are going to keep Briggs it's because they'll franchise him. Once he hits the free agent market some team is going to offer him WAAAAY more money than he's worth.

The AVERAGE amount under the cap teams will be next year is 20 million because of the new CBA.
The Bears offered him a 5 year 25-30 million dollar deal, I believe. Or something along those terms. He said he turned it down because he wanted to test the market. I think he can still be resigned, seeing how everyone on the team wants him to be brought back anyway.

12-17-2006, 07:33 PM
gg guys

Smokey Joe
12-17-2006, 07:38 PM
gg guys
It was a crap second half by the Bears, but you guys never gave up...

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
gg guys
It was a crap second half by the Bears, but you guys never gave up...

By the defense. :?

But when our D really, really needed to step up they did. Not making excuses for the 4 TD's we allowed but when they had to they did.

Bearsfan123
12-17-2006, 10:44 PM
lol im trying my hardest to come up with a trade deal for a good-great DT and i cant find any that are in hot water outside of our division. The Kris Jenkins trade i thought would work but the in-division trading wouldnt work and that idea is stupid of me. But really outside of our division there really arent any great dts that are not in favor. Damn id love to figure out a way to trade for SRogers tho...

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
lol im trying my hardest to come up with a trade deal for a good-great DT and i cant find any that are in hot water outside of our division. The Kris Jenkins trade i thought would work but the in-division trading wouldnt work and that idea is stupid of me. But really outside of our division there really arent any great dts that are not in favor. Damn id love to figure out a way to trade for SRogers tho...
What the hell are you talking about? For this season? Cause you realize the trading deadline was about 2 months ago?

If you're talking about for next year, I doubt we're going to trade for a DT. We've got enough good players in system and even if we let Tank go, we can always draft somebody else.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Man I seem to be the only one enjoying this win. Sure it wasn't pretty at the end but hey sometimes they aren't pretty.

WE JUST GOT HFA FOR THE PLAYOFFS PEOPLE!!

Yea yea I know 51 will say it was early but hey at least we got it. And now we've got 2 weeks to improve and get ready for the playoffs, get healthy, and get focused. We don't have to worry about getting in or clinching, we already did. Now lets focus on our game.

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Man I seem to be the only one enjoying this win. Sure it wasn't pretty at the end but hey sometimes they aren't pretty.

Yea yea I know 51 will say it was early but hey at least we got it. And now we've got 2 weeks to improve and get ready for the playoffs, get healthy, and get focused. We don't have to worry about getting in or clinching, we already did. Now lets focus on our game.
Dude you bitched the entire game and now you're going to criticize people for not being happy enough?

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM

Dude you bitched the entire game and now you're going to criticize people for not being happy enough?

I know. :lol:

But I've decided to lighten up, yes I know what a shocker. But it's just not worth getting upset at every play. I felt much better in OT when I relaxed and watched the game for what it was.

Bearsfan123
12-17-2006, 10:56 PM

question whats HFA??? :oops:

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 10:57 PM

Home Field Advantage dude, you didn't know that? :shock:

Bearsfan123
12-17-2006, 11:01 PM

lol it didnt click. Damn i feel dumb now. I was like "Whats he talking about? Whats HFA???"

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 11:03 PM

lol it didnt click. Damn i feel dumb now. I was like "Whats he talking about? Whats HFA???"

It's ok man, we still love ya. :D

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
12-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Since we Bears fans have seen many woes at QB over the years what are the chances of the Bears selecting one on the first day of the draft? and which quarterbacks would be options that the Bears would look at?

bearsfan_51
12-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Considering our other needs, the fact that Grossman has come on as of late, and we already have a great backup in Griese, not very likely at all.

Hurricane Ditka
12-18-2006, 12:13 AM
The Tank Johnson situation is really too bad, he was starting to come into his own. I think that we should punish the rest of the team for his problems and make him sit in the playoffs, if he gives the Bears the best chance to win, he should be playing.

SFbear
12-18-2006, 02:59 AM

I know. :lol:

But I've decided to lighten up, yes I know what a shocker. But it's just not worth getting upset at every play. I felt much better in OT when I relaxed and watched the game for what it was.

I like your enthusiasm and optimism. I really do. I wish I could share it. I dont think this team can make up for the loss of Mike Brown, Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson with our current roster. Its funny how our SS get injured and our run D becomes suspect. Then our DT's are out and we get killed by the pass. The nature of the Tampa 2 I guess.

I very much hope Im wrong. If we get Tank back and playing at 100 percent without any distractions Ill feel better about our situation on D.

Rex and Desmond Clark looked good though. Not sure if we can expect those kind of performances in the playoffs. Wouldnt it be a kicker if Rex Grossman and the O carried our banged up D thru the playoffs instead of the other way around.

Also McKie has developed a habit of lowering his shoulder and absolutely trucking people. Its fun to watch. Benson churned out some tough yards also. Itll be great if we can bring that kinda attitude to Soldier field in January.

Keep hope alive Bears fans.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Reports are that Tank could be cut or put on the inactive list as early as today.

By the way, you can't really blame the big plays the Bucs had on our DT's. They were only in on 1st and 2nd down, and they shut down the run well. Ian Scott particularly had a nice game and I'm happy he's getting more playing time. I think we just let up. And having Vasher back will help more than any other player IMO.

SFbear
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Reports are that Tank could be cut or put on the inactive list as early as today.

By the way, you can't really blame the big plays the Bucs had on our DT's. They were only in on 1st and 2nd down, and they shut down the run well. Ian Scott particularly had a nice game and I'm happy he's getting more playing time. I think we just let up. And having Vasher back will help more than any other player IMO.

I thought our pass rush disappeared without Tommie or Tank and I saw our DEs having to deal with a lot of double teams in the second half. Normally Tank or Tommie draw those double teams on pass plays and the DE's usually beat their one on one matchup. I think Vasher would have been burned for big plays just as easily. I also think D.Manning was out of position a few times.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Vasher is a much better corner than you're giving him credit for, not to mention that anytime we have Hester in at nickelback we're at a huge disadvantage. Our pass D was fine before Vasher went out, it was the run D that was the problem.

sweetness34
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Vasher is a much better corner than you're giving him credit for, not to mention that anytime we have Hester in at nickelback we're at a huge disadvantage. Our pass D was fine before Vasher went out, it was the run D that was the problem.

Teams were actually not throwing on Vasher. A lot of people were wondering why his INT numbers were down, it's because QB's threw on Tillman, not Vash.

He's not a "great corner" or a "lock down corner" but he's a darn good one IMO who's good against the run, reads the ball well, and doesn't make mistakes.

Manning got toasted yesterday, which really did surprise me. So having Vash back and moving Ricky back to nickel will definitely help.

What would you guys think about moving AB to DT? He's played it a coupel times this season and I thought he did a solid job. Just an idea.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
They were playing him some on 3rd downs. I like that. But I wouldn't do anything more.

sweetness34
12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
They were playing him some on 3rd downs. I like that. But I wouldn't do anything more.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Just thought I'd throw it out there though.

sweetness34
12-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Since we Bears fans have seen many woes at QB over the years what are the chances of the Bears selecting one on the first day of the draft? and which quarterbacks would be options that the Bears would look at?

In one simple word, no.

It's not a matter of how much I like Rexy (or hate him at times), it's a matter of management putting their faith in him as our future QB.

No one can argue against his struggles at times this season, but no one can argue either against how well he's played for a better part of the season. He's had 4 very bad games and in the rest he's looked anywhere for pretty good to awesome. He needs time, and management is going to give that to him.

If 51 says he thinks he can become a good NFL QB, then I'm all for it. :D

12-18-2006, 08:05 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2741

bearsfan_51
12-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Homefield advantage.

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :lol:

Smokey Joe
12-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Meh... you guys would have still probably lost anyway. Hey, think of it this way, this keeps the Bucs hopes of a 1st overall pick alive :!:

sweetness34
12-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Meh... you guys would have still probably lost anyway. Hey, think of it this way, this keeps the Bucs hopes of a 1st overall pick alive :!:

Still though that's pretty ****** for them. Although that's the type of play that would've happened to us the past 10 years or so.

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 02:35 PM

An tu contrer (or however you spell it). :lol:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061218haughtankjohnson,1,4786835.column?coll=cs-bears-headlines

Looks like Tank may get one more shot. I think it's a good move. Like HD said, Ricky Manning beat up a guy and is still on the team. Tank had 6 weapons and weed at his house, give him one more shot to clean up his act.

Hurricane Ditka
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
The character guy is just talk. If it really mattered they wouldn't have drafted Tank, or signed Ricky, or drafted Dusty.

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Congratulations to Devin Hester, Olin Kreutz, Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris, Brain Ayanbadejo, and Robbie Gould on all being voted to the probowl!!!

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Congratulations to Devin Hester, Olin Kreutz, Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris, Brain Ayanbadejo, and Robbie Gould on all being voted to the probowl!!!

And congrats to the voters for snubbing John Tait (and Rexy :P ).

It's a joke Tait didn't go, but still 7 is pretty damn good.

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 04:20 PM

Man, what was I thinking? Anyanbadejo's first name is Brendon, not Brian! Is Brian his brothers name? Well, he has such a strange last name I some times think his first name is Ayan and his last name is Badejo :D

And it is stupid how Tait isn't a probowler.

SFbear
12-19-2006, 04:30 PM

Man, what was I thinking? Anyanbadejo's first name is Brendon, not Brian! Is Brian his brothers name? Well, he has such a strange last name I some times think his first name is Ayan and his last name is Badejo :D

Tait got robbed last year. This year Ive seen Rex get blind sided one too many times.

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 04:49 PM

Tait got robbed last year. This year Ive seen Rex get blind sided one too many times.

Clark is to blame on many of those, as he's missed many blocks this season. Tait has been a stud all year.

Hell he blew two assignments on Sunday.

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061219bearstank,1,903963.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

TANK IS BACK! :D

Hurricane Ditka
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061219bearstank,1,903963.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

TANK IS BACK! :DI told all of you. Tank'll be fine. The organization wants to win, and they need Tank out there for the best chance to win.

bearfan
12-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Was anyone somewhat impressed with #90 Garay during the game? I had heard of him from TC, but idk if he has gotten much PT, but I think he did real well

SFbear
12-19-2006, 05:41 PM

TANK IS BACK! :DI told all of you. Tank'll be fine. The organization wants to win, and they need Tank out there for the best chance to win.

So wait the guns were registered in Arizona where hes a legal resident but not in Illinois. Doesnt sound as bad as it has played out.

Hurricane Ditka
12-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Was anyone somewhat impressed with #90 Garay during the game? I had heard of him from TC, but idk if he has gotten much PT, but I think he did real wellHe did well, we'll see what he has over the next 2 games.

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Getting Tank back is huge IMO. That puts a lot less pressure on Scott, Boone, Garay, etc to produce at an extremely high level. Plus it gives us even more depth at DT.

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
wow, now I feel like an idiot :oops:

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 06:19 PM

You friggin pretty called him a TERRIBLE PERSON because he owned 6 guns and smoked weed. Please, and Ricky Manning committs a hate crime? Come on now Smokey.

He's a good guy, he just makes bad decisions, but I have a feeling that's going to change, at least hopefully it goes.

Welcome back Tank, now step up and prove that we made the right move by keeping you!

Hurricane Ditka
12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
wow, now I feel like an idiot :oops:You should have felt like that already.

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
wow, now I feel like an idiot :oops:You should have felt like that already.
how dare you :evil: .......................... :cry:

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 06:23 PM

You friggin pretty called him a TERRIBLE PERSON because he owned 6 guns and smoked weed. Please, and Ricky Manning committs a hate crime? Come on now Smokey.

He's a good guy, he just makes bad decisions, but I have a feeling that's going to change, at least hopefully it goes.

Welcome back Tank, now step up and prove that we made the right move by keeping you!
I get pissed easy :x

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Haha you must not watch me during Gamedays, 51 can tell you about me getting pissed off, although I've turned a new leaf recently. :D

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Haha you must not watch me during Gamedays, 51 can tell you about me getting pissed off, although I've turned a new leaf recently. :D
That's not the only thing you've turned recently, now is it? :twisted:

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 07:09 PM

Shhh you're not supposed to tell HD I've chosen you over him. Dammitt Smokey! :evil:

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 07:15 PM

Shhh you're not supposed to tell HD I've chosen you over him. Dammitt Smokey! :evil:
I'm sorry. Just please don't make it rough in bed again :(

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 08:25 PM

I won't, don't worry.

Bearsfan123
12-19-2006, 08:48 PM

I won't, don't worry.

:shock: :shock:

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 10:39 PM

I won't, don't worry.

Why are you so shocked!? Damnit sweetness, have you been sleeping with him too!? :evil:

sweetness34
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM

I won't, don't worry.

Why are you so shocked!? Damnit sweetness, have you been sleeping with him too!? :evil:

No, 123 is too rough for me. Plus he says some really wierd **** in bed. I think he might be gay actually, but I'm not sure.

Smokey you are and always will be the love of my life.

Hurricane Ditka
12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
L Ron Hubbard is not pleased.

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 11:03 PM
[quote:a61065791c="Smokey Joe"]wow, now I feel like an idiot :oops:

I won't, don't worry.

No, 123 is too rough for me. Plus he says some really wierd *********** in bed. I think he might be cool actually, but I'm not sure.

Smokey you are and always will be the love of my life.[/quote:a61065791c]
aww, your embarassing me! :oops:

Smokey Joe
12-19-2006, 11:06 PM
He should be. He has been dead for 20 years now and has been decaying in a grave somewhere.

Addict
12-20-2006, 07:17 AM
He should be. He has been dead for 20 years now and has been decaying in a grave somewhere.

L. Ron Hubbard is NOT dead. He lives on an island along with JFK, Elvis, 2pac and my grandmother.

bearsfan_51
12-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I saw thule did this on the Cowboys board and thought it was a good idea. Here's a statistical breakdown of all of Jerry Angelo's drafts with the Bears. I considered doing his drafts with the Bucs as well, but since he wasn't the head cheese at the time, I decided not to.

The # on the left side is first day picks, second day picks on the right.

QB- 1:2
RB- 1:2
FB- 0:1
WR- 2:4
TE- 0:1
OT- 1:0
OG- 1:2
C- 0:0
DE- 1:3
DT- 3:1
OLB- 1:3
MLB- 0:1
CB- 2:2
S- 1:3
KR- 1:0

I was suprised by a few things. After the Marc Columbo disaster Jerry simply stopped picking tackles. Hasn't drafted one since his first year, not even in the late rounds.

The only tight end he's drafted is Bryan Anderson in the 7th round back in 2002. Des Clark was a FA pickup and Gilmore and Reid were practice squad pickups. This all but seals the fact that Jerry will not draft a first round TE in my mind.

Lots of recievers. Jerry's taken a lot of waivers on guys.

sweetness34
12-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I saw thule did this on the Cowboys board and thought it was a good idea. Here's a statistical breakdown of all of Jerry Angelo's drafts with the Bears. I considered doing his drafts with the Bucs as well, but since he wasn't the head cheese at the time, I decided not to.

I was suprised by a few things. After the Marc Columbo disaster Jerry simply stopped picking tackles. Hasn't drafted one since his first year, not even in the late rounds.

The only tight end he's drafted is Bryan Anderson in the 7th round back in 2002. Des Clark was a FA pickup and Gilmore and Reid were practice squad pickups. This all but seals the fact that Jerry will not draft a first round TE in my mind.

Considering TE is really not a need area right now I don't think we have to take a TE on Day 1, well unless a guy like Miller falls to us in the 2nd. Clark still has about 2 good years left IMO, and like you said Gilmore and Reid are good backups.

IMO OT, OLB (if Briggs leaves), and SS are our biggest need areas RIGHT NOW. Along with probably another WR, OG (not much depth behind Metcalf), and maybe taking a chance on a QB late.

I'd love to see us grab a guy like Levi Brown (if he falls), Joe Staley, or Rufus in Round 1. But I think we could be seeing Jerry trade down again, because this is a deep draft this year.

toonsterwu
12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Ah, interesting that there's a hall of fame now.

Anyhow, my Bears thoughts of the moment, largely relative to the draft:

I think Chris Harris has done a fine enough job at SS. He has the requisite skillset and moving him there has hidden some of his blemishes. He still doesn't have the "mental" aspect, playing more on "instinct" right now, but he's bounced back from the down period earlier this year and seems to playing with more confidence. I think SS is probably a backburner position now relative to the draft. I do think Mike Brown is likely done after this year, unless he takes a huge restructure. More than likely, I think they'll bring Todd Johnson back and let Todd/Chris go at it, and have a young safety for deep depth. That very well could be McGowan, or they could go find someone else akin to that. I could see a variant to that being if Michael Lewis or Adam Archuleta come cheap. We could bring one in and let them compete for a starting job. Both guys would probably benefit from our system, which would hide their deficiencies well. Of the two, Adam obviously has a better shot of ending up here, with his knowledge of Lovie and the system. That said, I think a plan A of Harris/Johnson and one more might be fine enough.

I'm starting to think that CB is rising up our needs chart. It may sound odd. But with Vasher's and Tillman's contract both running down, I think, with all the focus on "maintaining" the Bears, that it might be an area we pursue. Obviously, there's Devin Hester and Ricky Manning Jr. And the likelihood is that Ricky will take over a starting job and we'll resign one of the two CB's (my guess would be Vasher, as I think he might end up being cheaper than Tillman on the market). But it's fair to question if Ricky Manning Jr. is the type of guy that's a solid number 3, where his aggressiveness can be hidden, but only a decent starter. And who knows how long Hester's developmental time is.

The more I think about it, LB shouldn't be a first round pick. LB in the system is fairly easy to pick up. I'm fine with letting Lance go if it helps maintain us long term. Now, we still need to pick up a body, as Jamar's an unknown. But we tend to do well with LB's in the midrounds, and LB's for the system can be found in the midrounds. I think the strong likelihood, and IMO, the correct course of long-term action, is to let Lance Briggs go, draft a guy in the midrounds, perhaps add a decent veteran, and let those two, along with Jamar Williams, and to a lesser extent, the Rod Wilson's and others of the world, compete.

DE is set for the forseeable future, with Ogun/Brown/Mark ANderson filling it out. DT is a fair question now. Teams that focus on "speed/quickness" at DL need waves. There's still rumors that Tank is only here for the playoffs, and potentially gone after that. If Tank stays, then DT is a no. Dusty will be back. But if Tank is gone, I think DT rises up. If Tank's gone, the likelihood is that Ian Scott/Alfonso Boone may be brought back with one taking over at the DT role. I find it unlikely both will be brought back. Dusty and Antonio Garay would be the backups, and we'd have to add someone, as Idonije is better in a swing capacity for depth purposes, and the combination of those three, while with potential, would be worrisome depthwise as Idonije and Garay's long term future is fair game. If Tank's back, then I don't think DT is a focus.

As it stands, I'd shake it out this way in terms of a positional order of focus (at least, what I deem to be top focuses):

Without Tank

OT
WLB
OG
CB
DT
TE
QB
P (hey, if we find a cheap option, save some money for other areas, eh)

Likely order I would place it in terms of rounds:

OT - this needs to be a day 1 focus. Granted, good OT's can be discovered, but with Tait's health/age likely being a concern in the near future, and Miller/Brown potentially gone (although I think the likelihood is that we'll bring both back on 1 year deals ... although I guess I could see them going St. Clair/Metcalf or a FA). Personally, I'd say this needs to be a round 1 focus, and the only impetus we have to deal up. That said, it'll be too hard to create a package to move up to a high enough level.

WLB - A month ago, I was running with the idea of WLB being a top focus in the early rounds. I still wouldn't mind it, but I'm more thinking that a LB in rounds 3-5 is probably fine.

OG - I'd like to see two OL drafted, with the 2nd guy in the 3rd-5th stanzas. We need some young bodies.

Bearsfan123
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM

Considering TE is really not a need area right now I don't think we have to take a TE on Day 1, well unless a guy like Miller falls to us in the 2nd. Clark still has about 2 good years left IMO, and like you said Gilmore and Reid are good backups.

IMO OT, OLB (if Briggs leaves), and SS are our biggest need areas RIGHT NOW. Along with probably another WR, OG (not much depth behind Metcalf), and maybe taking a chance on a QB late.

I'd love to see us grab a guy like Levi Brown (if he falls), Joe Staley, or Rufus in Round 1. But I think we could be seeing Jerry trade down again, because this is a deep draft this year.

the only thing id add is DT.

I think we should trade down, so we can hopefully get Wendling, Okoye, Sears/Staley or some other tackle and Tim Shaw that would be a great first day.

Hurricane Ditka
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Since like every other NFL team, except the Redskins we'll be pretty far udner the cap, I'd like to see us make a play for Adialus Thomas if Briggs leaves. With age and all things considered I'd like our draft to look like this:

OT
CB
LB
SS
OG/OT
DT
OG

Also with Doug Free's recent fall I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd or 4th. EH could fill-in at guard and develop into a tackle. Although I'd like a guy like Levi Brown or Justin Blalock in the first. If a big name prospect like Paul Poz, Amobi Okoye, Marcus McCauley or Michael Griffin fall I'd be incline to take them.

bearsfan_51
12-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Toony- You think the Redskins are going to cut the plug on Archuleta after one year? You follow the Skins much more than I do, so I'd take your word. He's obviously been a massive dissapointment.

Glad to see you're warmer to Todd Johnson now, who as I remember, you used to not like at all. Todd doesn't have the ball skills of a player like Brown, or to a lesser extent Harris, but he's very solid.

I'd like to see more from Manning quite frankly. Maybe he's hitting a rookie wall, it is that time of the year.

With 20 million dollars in cap room, I don't see why we wouldn't franchise Briggs unless we're worried about him holding out or we want to use the money to extend players up in 07 like Grossman and Harris. With the FA market being so desperately thin, I don't see where else we would more productively use the money. We'll still be a strong SB contendor next year, and I'd prefer to keep Briggs around one more year to keep the continuity going.

SFbear
12-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Toony- You think the Redskins are going to cut the plug on Archuleta after one year? You follow the Skins much more than I do, so I'd take your word. He's obviously been a massive dissapointment.

Could the Redskins cut him with his huge contract and somehow work around the cap hit? The way that teams works its accounting confuses the hell out of me. No one in their right minds would trade for him with his grotesque contract and sub par play so theyll have to release him eventually. I like the idea of bringing him to compete with Chris Harris and Todd Johnson.

Smokey Joe
12-20-2006, 05:42 PM
I think Jeff Smardijza in the 3 round would be nice. With him wanting to play both baseball and football his stock is really going to fall, even possibly to day two. And I could see JA and Lovie taking a chance on him second day since he is a local product, and was drafted by the Cubs... But if he does pitch for the cubs, he is almost a lock to have arm problems :lol:

bearsfan_51
12-20-2006, 05:44 PM
I think Jeff Smardijza in the 3 round would be nice. With him wanting to play both baseball and football his stock is really going to fall, even possibly to day two. And I could see JA and Lovie taking a chance on him second day since he is a local product, and was drafted by the Cubs... But if he does pitch for the cubs, he is almost a lock to have arm problems :lol:
:lol:

He's not going to fall to the second day unless it's absolutely clear that he won't play football. Smardijza could be a very very rich man if he went to baseball, he wouldn't give that up to sign some piss-ass late round contract.

toonsterwu
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM

Glad to see you're warmer to Todd Johnson now, who as I remember, you used to not like at all. Todd doesn't have the ball skills of a player like Brown, or to a lesser extent Harris, but he's very solid.

I'd like to see more from Manning quite frankly. Maybe he's hitting a rookie wall, it is that time of the year.

With 20 million dollars in cap room, I don't see why we wouldn't franchise Briggs unless we're worried about him holding out or we want to use the money to extend players up in 07 like Grossman and Harris. With the FA market being so desperately thin, I don't see where else we would more productively use the money. We'll still be a strong SB contendor next year, and I'd prefer to keep Briggs around one more year to keep the continuity going.

I just have an awful hard time seeing the Redskins keeping him around. I haven't heard anything specific, but with the way he's struggled since being demoted (there was some noticeable gaffes on special teams), disagreements with coaching staff, and so forth ... unless there's something in the contract I forget, I think it's probably a safe bet that he's gone, considering Gibbs has already said Gregg Williams will be back.

I still don't like Todd too much, but he's shown he can be a stopgap measure. Ideally, Chris Harris wins the job. But if need be, Todd Johnson does what Mike Green and Chris Harris have done recently, and that is, hold a position until someone better is more ready to take over. I think Ron did a nice job scheming around Todd's deficiencies.

I think Manning's gone through some highs and lows that were to be expected. But I think he has the makings of an ideal FS, a guy who can man up if need be, offers deep range, and good support, while possessing top skills. I might bring in a better veteran backup, and there should be some available, if only to teach him, but I think Danieal will be fine.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like for Briggs to be back, as there's so much uncertainty if he's gone, since Jamar went down and we don't know what he can do. That said, I wouldn't mind it if they opted against it. I think that we have to try and think long term a bit. I'd rather see us try and lock some guys down and make some earlier decisions. I'm still not a big fan of over committing assets to one positional grouping, especially when it's LB in a cover 2 scheme, which is fairly easy to learn and adapt to on the whole.

Smokey Joe
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
damn you guys, I am addicted to the board! I gotta go knock a 3-page paper really quick. I would have been done already if I was addicted, you a-holes! :evil:

sweetness34
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM

I think we should trade down, so we can hopefully get Wendling, Okoye, Sears/Staley or some other tackle and Tim Shaw that would be a great first day.

:?

Considering Tank is back, Tommie will be back, and so will Dusty, I think not 123. Add Scott, Boone, Garay, and Idonije in tere and there's not chacne we take a DT on Day 1 IMO.

SFbear
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM

Considering Tank is back, Tommie will be back, and so will Dusty, I think not 123. Add Scott, Boone, Garay, and Idonije in tere and there's not chacne we take a DT on Day 1 IMO.

Thats assuming we resign Scott. Also we have no idea what we have in Dusty.

Hurricane Ditka
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM

Thats assuming we resign Scott. Also we have no idea what we have in Dusty.We've got a drunken Polish mad-man. He'll fit right in in Chicago.

Smokey Joe
12-20-2006, 08:44 PM
As it stands, I'd shake it out this way in terms of a positional order of focus (at least, what I deem to be top focuses):

Without Tank

OT
WLB
OG
CB
DT
TE
QB
P
OT
-agreed. A future OT to either play LT and have Tait move back to RT or just a RT to take over for Miller. I think once Miller is a free agent, he won't be returning since St. Clair was signed to that long contract and such. If someone like Levi Brown falls all the way to us, then I am all for it. Or maybe someone like Joe Staley in round two or three.

WLB
-I still have my hopes on Briggs returning. It seems to me all the players want him to stay. Especially Urlacher.

OG
-Agreed again. Maybe a C/OG tweener like Leroy Harris in the 3rd or 4th round.

CB
I'm not sold on a CB first day, but if the team thinks they need a future replacement for either Vasher or Tillman after 07, I guess so. I would tend to think Vasher would be the number one choice to stay. But I still can't see why we can't keep both. Tillman isn't exactly going to be looking for no. 1 CB money. Vasher will probably be extended this offseason, IMO. But, if someone like Daymeion Hughes is there in the second, I wouldn't mind it.

DT
-Agreed. I wouldn't mind a big run-stuffer to replace either Boone or Scott. And if Tank doesn't stay, Amobi Okoye becomes a possibilty in the 1st.

TE
-Agreed, a project at TE would be a good idea. Maybe someone like Martnez Milner or Ben Patrick

QB
-Maybe just as a filler pick. Practice squad guy who could become the next Tom Brady for all we know.

P
-I guess as a filler pick also. Brad Maynard has had a great season so far though. Maybe another practice squad guy who could compete in TC. Would be better to get someone who could do both Kick and Punt.

Smokey Joe
12-20-2006, 08:45 PM

Thats assuming we resign Scott. Also we have no idea what we have in Dusty.We've got a drunken Polish mad-man. He'll fit right in in Chicago.
sounds like my uncle...

sweetness34
12-20-2006, 10:18 PM

Thats assuming we resign Scott. Also we have no idea what we have in Dusty.

We are not going to address DT on Day 1, and btw like 51 has stated Scott's agent has said he'd return to Chicago for less money.

Hurricane Ditka
12-20-2006, 10:52 PM
I'd like a guy like Clark Harris is the later rounds.

sweetness34
12-20-2006, 10:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2701811

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has he looked at the NFC this season? Every team in the NFC has some serious flaws, gimme break.

Hurricane Ditka
12-20-2006, 10:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2701811

Has he looked at the NFC this season? Every team in the NFC has some serious flaws, gimme break.I read that earlier, guys a serious r-tard.

bearfan
12-20-2006, 11:07 PM

Has he looked at the NFC this season? Every team in the NFC has some serious flaws, gimme break.I read that earlier, guys a serious r-tard.

Wow, while we havent wad the most glorious games, or the most highly touted opponents, we still won those games...I think that guy fails to see that

The Legend
12-20-2006, 11:16 PM
quick question how long is Hester contract?

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 12:12 AM
quick question how long is Hester contract?He'll never hit the open market.

The Legend
12-21-2006, 12:15 AM
quick question how long is Hester contract?He'll never hit the open market.

:D i wish but im talking about money sooner or later you guys are gonna have to sign the man to some big bucks

toonsterwu
12-21-2006, 01:00 AM
On Ian Scott - I don't trust what agents have to say right now. There's going to interest in him, I think, in the open market. I could see Indy making a run at him, since their bodies have thinned out. I could see Tampa making a run at him. I just can't see us committing too many resources to keep him, and I find it hard to see Scott will be back. There's other teams that could have interest, and I could even so 3-4 teams perhaps considering him as an end option.

On TE's - I'd like Clark Harris as well if we took a midround TE. That said ... if we really wanted to spend the money and go for the moon, there's a certain Tony Gonzalez character that could be out there (although liable to cost us picks, as I can't imagine KC not franchising him ... unless there's some contract language). Of course, I don't think that's a good move as it could mess up the structures.

On CB's - I think Vasher is more likely to be resigned. He's just not the type, I think, that will generate big time interest in FA. Tillman, on the other hand, I could see some interest in him. Big corners with athleticism and decent-solid play, with spurts of good play, have a tendency to be overpaid at times.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 11:57 AM
I would take Vasher over Tillman any day of the week.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
On the issue of DT, Akobi is too small to play NT. He'll likely need to lose weight as Scott points out, and I'm not a big on a guy only being 6'1 playing nose. If you look at our three NT's each are 6'3 and within a biscut of 300 lbs. Personally, if we do decide to let Tank go, or he screws up his second chance, I would be fine with drafting a guy in the 3rd or 4th and letting him compete with Dusty (who I'm still extremely high on and wanted to start before Tank's legal problems).

One guy I'm huge on for that spot is Brandon Mebane. He's got the right size, is a tremendous penetrator, and would be a very versitile player off the bench. A draft with Michael Griffin/Rufus Alexander in the 1st and Mebane in the late 3rd/early 4th would make me mucho happy. Throw in a versitile OL to take Rueben's spot, another DB and a playmaker on offense and I think we'd be real good.

bigbluedefense
12-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I was wondering about this, with Mike Brown's injuries, would you look at Griffin or Merriweather with your 1st?

Id think some offense would fit the bill this year, like Dwayne Jarret. Mushin is aging, and Jarret can be the new possession guy in Chicago. I like Brian Leonard in Chicago as a 2nd rounder too.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 12:22 PM
I was wondering about this, with Mike Brown's injuries, would you look at Griffin or Merriweather with your 1st?

Id think some offense would fit the bill this year, like Dwayne Jarret. Mushin is aging, and Jarret can be the new possession guy in Chicago. I like Brian Leonard in Chicago as a 2nd rounder too.
Absolutely. I agree with Toonser, in that Mike Brown is more likely to be gone than back next year.

I actually think we'll go heavy defense again this year, just a hunch. If you look at our three most immediate concerns (filling Mike Brown's potential loss, filling Lance Briggs potential loss, filling Tank Johnson's potential loss) those would all take precedent over another playmaker. While Moose is aging, his game isn't exactely predicated on speed and never has been. I'd rather give Mark Bradley a chance to be our possession guy before drafting a WR in the first.

Plus I think Bernard Berrian is the real offense "threat" anyway. He helps our running game more than any player by punishing teams that stack the box. His emergence (and return from injury) is one reason why our running game has picked up again and Grossman has a little more time in the pocket.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 12:27 PM
I should note that I want nothing to do with Merriweather though. He already have enough problems dealing with the thugs already on the team, we don't need to add more, unless he drops to the late 4th or something like that.

Plus I would be concerned about re-surrounding Hester with is old Miami buddies. He has some positive influences in his life right now, and I think it has served him very well.

bigbluedefense
12-21-2006, 12:32 PM

Absolutely. I agree with Toonser, in that Mike Brown is more likely to be gone than back next year.

I actually think we'll go heavy defense again this year, just a hunch. If you look at our three most immediate concerns (filling Mike Brown's potential loss, filling Lance Briggs potential loss, filling Tank Johnson's potential loss) those would all take precedent over another playmaker. While Moose is aging, his game isn't exactely predicated on speed and never has been. I'd rather give Mark Bradley a chance to be our possession guy before drafting a WR in the first.

Plus I think Bernard Berrian is the real offense "threat" anyway. He helps our running game more than any player by punishing teams that stack the box. His emergence (and return from injury) is one reason why our running game has picked up again and Grossman has a little more time in the pocket.

Well, this DT group is weak, and Merriweather could be had in the 2nd. So that does open the doors for Jarret in the 1st, unless you nab Rufus Alexander in the 1st.

I remember reading about how the Bears feel that one of your bench guys can fill the void of Lance Briggs? If thats the case, maybe they pass up on Rufus.

I think they can nab someone in round 3 to replace Briggs.

Id do this as a 3 round mock, this is definatley subject to change of course.

1. Dwayne Jarret
2. Brandon Merriweather/Michael Griffin
3. Juwan Simpson?

12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
I doubt Jarrett would be available at the end of the first, and there is no way Griffin would be there at the end of the second.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I doubt Jarrett would be available at the end of the first, and there is no way Griffin would be there at the end of the second.Yeah there's absolutely no way. And I would be very upset with Merriweather in the 2nd. No thanks. I don't see him playing in the box very well at all, and we have no need for another free safety type.

Here's my first day: this is assuming Briggs leaves, Brown and Tank are cut. Obviously if these players are kept we could draft a little bit more for luxury.

1st:Michael Griffin, SS, Texas: He would make me forget about Mike Brown real quick. I think he could be a perennial all-pro.

2nd: Brandon Mebane, DT, California: Scott has him ranked as a 3rd or 4th round prospect, but I've read places that project he could work himself into the first round, I'll take him a little high cause I'm big on him.

3rd: Tim Durant, OLB, Hampton: I'm usually not big on small school guys, but OLB is pretty easy to pick up, and I think he could really flourish at the next level. From everything I've read on him he seems like a real good guy.

bigbluedefense
12-21-2006, 12:54 PM
I doubt Jarrett would be available at the end of the first, and there is no way Griffin would be there at the end of the second.Yeah there's absolutely no way. And I would be very upset with Merriweather in the 2nd. No thanks. I don't see him playing in the box very well at all, and we have no need for another free safety type.

Here's my first day: this is assuming Briggs leaves, Brown and Tank are cut. Obviously if these players are kept we could draft a little bit more for luxury.

1st:Michael Griffin, SS, Texas: He would make me forget about Mike Brown real quick. I think he could be a perennial all-pro.

2nd: Brandon Mebane, DT, California: Scott has him ranked as a 3rd or 4th round prospect, but I've read places that project he could work himself into the first round, I'll take him a little high cause I'm big on him.

3rd: Tim Durant, OLB, Hampton: I'm usually not big on small school guys, but OLB is pretty easy to pick up, and I think he could really flourish at the next level. From everything I've read on him he seems like a real good guy.

I like that mock

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 12:57 PM

I like that mock
Gracias. It doesn't do much for our offense, but I like Moose and Des for at least another year.

OL is an area of concern in the future, but unless we get a tweener guy, I don't know if we'll have a roster spot for it. We aren't going to cut Tait or Miller so long as they are playing at a high level, and St.Clair is pretty good as a swing tackle, something I wouldn't feel comfortable asking a rookie to do without a veteran backup. Basically we'd be taking a roster spot for a player I'd rather not have play his first year. While that isn't a terrible thing, I'd like to get someone that could get more experience being a swing guard (which we'll need if Rueben leaves) that can then move out to tackle.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Tank is not going to be cut.

SFbear
12-21-2006, 01:27 PM

Love the first two. Dont know much about the third. Scott has him listed as Justin Durant. Im upset we didnt get to see more of Jamar Williams. History tells us that we'll probably address Oline with FA (which Id prefer) so I have no problem going all D first day.

SFbear
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM

I like that mock
Gracias. It doesn't do much for our offense, but I like Moose and Des for at least another year.

OL is an area of concern in the future, but unless we get a tweener guy, I don't know if we'll have a roster spot for it. We aren't going to cut Tait or Miller so long as they are playing at a high level, and St.Clair is pretty good as a swing tackle, something I wouldn't feel comfortable asking a rookie to do without a veteran backup. Basically we'd be taking a roster spot for a player I'd rather not have play his first year. While that isn't a terrible thing, I'd like to get someone that could get more experience being a swing guard (which we'll need if Rueben leaves) that can then move out to tackle.

Good point. Maybe that has been the plan all along for Tyler Reed. Kept him on the practice squad to groom him to take over for Rueben.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Love the first two. Dont know much about the third. Scott has him listed as Justin Durant. Im upset we didnt get to see more of Jamar Williams. History tells us that we'll probably address Oline with FA (which Id prefer) so I have no problem going all D first day.
Haha...whoops. I have no idea who Tim Durant is, I meant Justin.

I've seen Justin listed as both an ILB or an OLB. He's somewhat of a tackling machine, and isn't a huge playmaker, but I think he's very solid and reports are that he's a smart player. I really like Juwan Simpson as a WLB replacement in the 3rd, but his criminal record is a huge black mark for me. I'm fine with drug use in all honesty, but theft or assault crosses the line.

As for Jamar Williams, I know Toonster and others are very high on him, but he was my least favorite pick last year. I just don't think he'll be much more than a special teams player and utility backup.

SFbear
12-21-2006, 01:58 PM

Haha...whoops. I have no idea who Tim Durant is, I meant Justin.

I've seen Justin listed as both an ILB or an OLB. He's somewhat of a tackling machine, and isn't a huge playmaker, but I think he's very solid and reports are that he's a smart player. I really like Juwan Simpson as a WLB replacement in the 3rd, but his criminal record is a huge black mark for me. I'm fine with drug use in all honesty, but theft or assault crosses the line.

As for Jamar Williams, I know Toonster and others are very high on him, but he was my least favorite pick last year. I just don't think he'll be much more than a special teams player and utility backup.

Sounds a lot like Briggs.

As far as Juwan, I think JA will be turned off from character issue guys due to the Tank Johnson experience. Just like the Benson experience turned him off from glitzy first round picks when he went traded down and went for D.Manning and how Columbo turned him off from drafting Oline first day.

I liked reading about Jamar showing good leadership skills on special teams and with the rookie class. I think we have a lot of star power on defense but except for Mike Brown not a lot of leaders. When Brown inevitably gets hurt the D jsut doesnt look the same. Im also hoping Dusty's intensity and motor will keep our Dline more consistent and less streaky next year.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
You can not build a successful long-term offensive line via free agency. The Top-Tier offensive lineman almost never hit the open market, until their the twilight of their career, or the teams have run out of cap room. To get quality young offensive lineman to build for the future you need to draft them.

Smokey Joe
12-21-2006, 03:23 PM
I would like to see another trade down, for an additional 2nd and 3rd round picks, but how appealing is the 29-32 picks (since that is around where the Bears will be picking)?

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I'd like to see us trade up. Target a player like Griffin, Blalock, Poz, etc and be aggressive and get them. We realistically don't have many holes on this team and a trade up would do more good than harm.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 03:59 PM
What I'd like to see us do.

Round 1- Michael Griffin. The perfect replacement for Mike Brown, coming for a good well-developed Southern state program which Angelo likes. He'll be able to be a spot player until Brown gets injured.

Round 2-Kyle Young. He'll be able to learn from our veterans and step in at 4 of the five spots through out the year. He'd be a viable back-up for Kruetz.

Round 3-Juwan Simpson. Jerry Angelo is all talk. The Bears want to win. If it was all about character they wouldn't have drafted Tank in the first place. He wouldn't have signed Ricky Manning, he wouldn't have drafted Dusty. It's about winning. And what'd Simpson do, smoke a little weed? If that was a serious crime I'd be in jail.

Smokey Joe
12-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I came up with a quick Bears mock, since everyone is doing it. I think Lance Briggs will be returning and Ruben Brown will not. I also think Thomas Jones will be traded, and I think a 3rd rounder can be had for him.

1. Levi Brown, OT/OG
-Can play either G or RT. Future replacement for Miller.

2. John Wendling, S
-Could probably play all 3 spots, CB, FS, and SS. I think he is the best S in the draft.

3. Jeff Samardzija, WR
-Falls here because of his wanting to play baseball. Will probably decide to play both. I think a good tall reciever is needed to add more ballance to the WR crew. And Justin Gage sucks ass.

3. Lorenzo Booker, RB
-I think Jones will most likely be gone after this year, and that some team would trade a 3rd rounder for him. Booker would platoon with Peterson as the 2nd running back, and would be a good recieving target out of the backfield.

4. C.J. Wilson, CB
-Prototypical Cover 2 corner. Would be a backup while learning the system, and maybe someday start.

5. Martrez Milner, TE
-Dez Clark's future replacement.

6. Isaiah Stanback, QB
-Probably would be moved to WR or RB. Practice squad guy.

Both 7 round picks would be lucky to make the practice squad, I'm not gonna bother with them.

SFbear
12-21-2006, 04:19 PM

Round 1- Michael Griffin. The perfect replacement for Mike Brown, coming for a good well-developed Southern state program which Angelo likes. He'll be able to be a spot player until Brown gets injured.

Round 2-Kyle Young. He'll be able to learn from our veterans and step in at 4 of the five spots through out the year. He'd be a viable back-up for Kruetz.

Round 3-Juwan Simpson. Jerry Angelo is all talk. The Bears want to win. If it was all about character they wouldn't have drafted Tank in the first place. He wouldn't have signed Ricky Manning, he wouldn't have drafted Dusty. It's about winning. And what'd Simpson do, smoke a little weed? If that was a serious crime I'd be in jail.

Ricky Manning didnt get into trouble until a couple days after we signed him. Dusty hasnt had any problems since he gave up alcohol. Juwan Simpson was arrested for receiving stolen property, possession of marijuana, and carrying a pistol without a license according to Scott. I dont remember what the character concerns were for Tank before we drafted him. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with you, just giving a clearer picture to the extent of my knowledge of the cases you mentioned.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I believe Manning Jr was on probation before he beat the jew at Denny's.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 04:51 PM
I came up with a quick Bears mock, since everyone is doing it. I think Lance Briggs will be returning and Ruben Brown will not. I also think Thomas Jones will be traded, and I think a 3rd rounder can be had for him.

1. Levi Brown, OT/OG
-Can play either G or RT. Future replacement for Miller.

2. John Wendling, S
-Could probably play all 3 spots, CB, FS, and SS. I think he is the best S in the draft.

3. Jeff Samardzija, WR
-Falls here because of his wanting to play baseball. Will probably decide to play both. I think a good tall reciever is needed to add more ballance to the WR crew. And Justin Gage sucks ass.

3. Lorenzo Booker, RB
-I think Jones will most likely be gone after this year, and that some team would trade a 3rd rounder for him. Booker would platoon with Peterson as the 2nd running back, and would be a good recieving target out of the backfield.

4. C.J. Wilson, CB
-Prototypical Cover 2 corner. Would be a backup while learning the system, and maybe someday start.

5. Martrez Milner, TE
-Dez Clark's future replacement.

6. Isaiah Stanback, QB
-Probably would be moved to WR or RB. Practice squad guy.

Both 7 round picks would be lucky to make the practice squad, I'm not gonna bother with them.
Stop with the Samardizja junk. If he plays baseball we won't draft him, if he doesn't he'll go in the first round.

Other than that, I give it a meh..., but that could just be me. At least you put some good thought into it.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Well Smarjizida will be playing baseball for the Cubs, so we can at least keep in the same city.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-21-2006, 06:55 PM

Agreed.

Post of the year.

Great draft too.

Griffin is a stud.
Young is a beast that can be a guard, and take over center for Kreutz when he's done.

Bearsfan123
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Bears Draft

1st-Michael Griffin S (traded up)
2nd-Amobi Okoye DT (traded up)
3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

Trades-1st rd pick Thomas Jones, Tank Johnson and 6th rd pick for 16th pick

2nd round pick Mike Brown, and 5th round pick for 42nd pick

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Bears Draft

3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.Free might have fallen out of the first day, he had a poor season, and a terrible bowl game. I can't see us taking 2 DT's early with no LB. I can't see us trading Mike Brown, and I don't think he's worth what that trade would get, too injury prone. I don't think Tank will be traded, cut or anything. That would be two-faced of the organization, if they are going to help Tank , he'd need to be on the Bears.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Bears Draft

3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.
Way too many trades. It's not realistic.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Bears Draft

3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.Free might have fallen out of the first day, he had a poor season, and a terrible bowl game. I can't see us taking 2 DT's early with no LB. I can't see us trading Mike Brown, and I don't think he's worth what that trade would get, too injury prone. I don't think Tank will be traded, cut or anything. That would be two-faced of the organization, if they are going to help Tank , he'd need to be on the Bears.
The Bears have done countless of two-faced things, just in the last few years. I love Angelo as we all know, but he and Lovie speak with forked tounges and generally speak out the sides of their mouths.

I have no idea what we'll do with Tank, but I don't view him as a longterm option at all either way. Hopefully he turns it around but I'd rather have more insurance than just Dusty.