3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

Trades-1st rd pick Thomas Jones, Tank Johnson and 6th rd pick for 16th pick

2nd round pick Mike Brown, and 5th round pick for 42nd pick

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.Free might have fallen out of the first day, he had a poor season, and a terrible bowl game. I can't see us taking 2 DT's early with no LB. I can't see us trading Mike Brown, and I don't think he's worth what that trade would get, too injury prone. I don't think Tank will be traded, cut or anything. That would be two-faced of the organization, if they are going to help Tank , he'd need to be on the Bears.
The Bears have done countless of two-faced things, just in the last few years. I love Angelo as we all know, but he and Lovie speak with forked tounges and generally speak out the sides of their mouths.

I have no idea what we'll do with Tank, but I don't view him as a longterm option at all either way. Hopefully he turns it around but I'd rather have more insurance than just Dusty.Tank isn't going anywhere. The other players obviously took Angelo and Smith seriously, as they all sound happy to have Tank back.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Bears Draft

1st-Michael Griffin S (traded up)
2nd-Amobi Okoye DT (traded up)
3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.Free might have fallen out of the first day, he had a poor season, and a terrible bowl game. I can't see us taking 2 DT's early with no LB. I can't see us trading Mike Brown, and I don't think he's worth what that trade would get, too injury prone. I don't think Tank will be traded, cut or anything. That would be two-faced of the organization, if they are going to help Tank , he'd need to be on the Bears.
The Bears have done countless of two-faced things, just in the last few years. I love Angelo as we all know, but he and Lovie speak with forked tounges and generally speak out the sides of their mouths.

I have no idea what we'll do with Tank, but I don't view him as a longterm option at all either way. Hopefully he turns it around but I'd rather have more insurance than just Dusty.Tank isn't going anywhere. The other players obviously took Angelo and Smith seriously, as they all sound happy to have Tank back.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Cause they're going to run a story about how everyone on the team is pissed about it, or even say anything to the media for that matter. Come on....

And actually, if you read between the lines, there's a lot of hesitancy amongst both players and staff about whether Tank will actually keep his nose clean. Just because they want him to doesn't mean they actually believe he will.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, you said Tank would be cut on Monday, I said he wouldn't and that he'd play in the play-offs.

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

sweetness34
12-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Well, you said Tank would be cut on Monday, I said he wouldn't and that he'd play in the play-offs.

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

pwned. :D

Sig-quote. :D

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)
No. I said that reports were that he was going to get cut, which is true. Go back and read it. I never personally said I had any idea what was going to happen.

Looks like sweetness has somebody new to have a crush on. Thank god.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 11:50 PM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)
No. I said that reports were that he was going to get cut, which is true. Go back and read it. I never personally said I had any idea what was going to happen.

Looks like sweetness has somebody new to have a crush on. Thank god.Bah. You're just unhapppy that i thoroughly pwned your ass.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2006, 11:51 PM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

Looks like sweetness has somebody new to have a crush on. Thank god.Bah. You're just unhapppy that i thoroughly pwned your ass.

Reports are that Tank could be cut or put on the inactive list as early as today.

Nobody owns Bearsfan. Especially not no punkass kid.

Hurricane Ditka
12-21-2006, 11:57 PM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

Reports are that Tank could be cut or put on the inactive list as early as today.

Nobody owns Bearsfan. Especially not no punkass kid.I see no reports. I see you saying there are reports. That's a different ballgame. You boast the existence of reports that you didn't agree with, or believe? Like all of us that wanted a TE, nobody posted or talked about the reports Clark had lost weight and had been working with Rusty Jones more. You talked about the existence of those reports because you believed them

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 12:09 AM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

Nobody owns Bearsfan. Especially not no punkass kid.I see no reports. I see you saying there are reports. That's a different ballgame. You boast the existence of reports that you didn't agree with, or believe? Like all of us that wanted a TE, nobody posted or talked about the reports Clark had lost weight and had been working with Rusty Jones more. You talked about the existence of those reports because you believed them
:lol:

You're joking right? There were reports all over the national media both Sunday the 17th and Monday the 18th about how Tank was saying he thought his days with the Bears were over, how Angelo was meeting with the NFL and talking about their options, and how it was believed they were going to cut him. Chris Mortenson and ESPN ran it all day long on Monday.

As for boasting, there's nothing in my post to think that I was boasting. That's absurd. I'm glad we activated Tank for the playoffs, we desperately need a pass rush up the middle and he's a good player. But if we ship his ass out after the end of this season because we'll be more sound with Tommie and Dusty coming back, that would be fine with me.

While we're on that note, you never actually said anything, only that we should (and actually your English was really ****** up and you contradicted yourself but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt). It was only after he got suspended for a game that you came out with your "I told you guys" chest thumping.

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I think first day DT is a legit possibility now. Tank just doesn't get it.
And here is yet another example of you contradicting yourself.

Windy
12-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Sebastian Janikowski has publicly declared he will seek free agency. He wants to become the next great dual threat in chicago. Backup Kicking and Special Teams Tackler

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Sebastian Janikowski has publicly declared he will seek free agency. He wants to become the next great dual threat in chicago. Backup Kicking and Special Teams Tackler
He can be Kyle Orton's drinking buddy.

bearfan
12-22-2006, 07:40 AM
He can be Kyle Orton's drinking buddy.

Bearsfan123
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Bears Draft

3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.
Way too many trades. It's not realistic.

trading twice is too much??? :? i think ur being alittle too prude.

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Bears Draft

3rd-Doug Free OT
4th-Brandon Mebane DT
5th-traded
6th-traded
7th-Adam Podlesh P

thoughts?

Mebane in 4th i guess is too low. But I think Okoye will fall to early second. Besides that i think my selections are solid.
Way too many trades. It's not realistic.

trading twice is too much??? :? i think ur being alittle too prude.
Ok I'll clarify. It's unlikely we'll trade three players. Trades involving players aren't that common. Trading Jones is certainly possibly. Trading Tank is a little less likely. Trading Brown is almost impossible. If we don't want him becuase of his salary and injury problems, why would anyone else give up picks to take on the same salary we don't want knowing that we'll probably just cut him anyway. Trades with high profile players usually only happens in Madden, and when it does happen in the real NFL, it doesn't happen with the three players on the same team in the same offseason.

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 10:55 AM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

:D

I just love giving you **** 51. It's all in good fun. Partly because it wasn't really an own and secondly because I knew you'd say something about it. You love to hate me don't ya buddy! :P

Hurricane Ditka
12-22-2006, 10:57 AM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

You're joking right? There were reports all over the national media both Sunday the 17th and Monday the 18th about how Tank was saying he thought his days with the Bears were over, how Angelo was meeting with the NFL and talking about their options, and how it was believed they were going to cut him. Chris Mortenson and ESPN ran it all day long on Monday.

As for boasting, there's nothing in my post to think that I was boasting. That's absurd. I'm glad we activated Tank for the playoffs, we desperately need a pass rush up the middle and he's a good player. But if we ship his ass out after the end of this season because we'll be more sound with Tommie and Dusty coming back, that would be fine with me.

While we're on that note, you never actually said anything, only that we should (and actually your English was really *********** up and you contradicted yourself but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt). It was only after he got suspended for a game that you came out with your "I told you guys" chest thumping.Because it's early, and I'm tired, I'm not going to read all that. So I'll just assume that's it's you admitting you were wrong, and professing your love for Liberachi.

NYmoney
12-22-2006, 11:06 AM
I think the team is better off with Tank, BUT i'm not sold on his run stopping abilities. He needs to have a strong game against GB in order to prove it was a wise decision to keep him around.

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 11:10 AM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

:D

I just love giving you *********** 51. It's all in good fun. Partly because it wasn't really an own and secondly because I knew you'd say something about it. You love to hate me don't ya buddy! :P
I hate no one. I go with Christ. :wink:

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 11:10 AM
I think the team is better off with Tank, BUT i'm not sold on his run stopping abilities. He needs to have a strong game against GB in order to prove it was a wise decision to keep him around.

Nobody gives a rats ass about the Green Bay game. He'll prove his mettle (or not prove his mettle) by how he does in the playoffs.

NYmoney
12-22-2006, 11:14 AM

Nobody gives a rats ass about the Green Bay game. He'll prove his mettle (or not prove his mettle) by how he does in the playoffs.

wrong! look at last year. lose at the vikqueens, lose to carolina in the 2nd round. "know history or become it"

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 11:16 AM

wrong! look at last year. lose at the vikqueens, lose to carolina in the 2nd round. "know history or become it"
WRONG!

Look at 2001, win 7 straight games down the stretch, still get our asses handed to us in the playoffs.

Momentum is overated. Like beating the Lions is going to matter once we get to the playoffs.

And don't even get a historian started on the "learn history or repeat it" garbage rhetoric. I could go on for days and nobody wants that....

NYmoney
12-22-2006, 12:32 PM

WRONG!

Look at 2001, win 7 straight games down the stretch, still get our asses handed to us in the playoffs.

Momentum is overated. Like beating the Lions is going to matter once we get to the playoffs.

And don't even get a historian started on the "learn history or repeat it" garbage rhetoric. I could go on for days and nobody wants that....

hahhahaha. You're comparing this team to the 2001 team??? That's absurd. My reference is relevant because of the players and the concerns regarding last year's team. The 2001 team was not 70% of this year's team. Please, do not mentioned worthless statistics.

jbombul
12-22-2006, 12:57 PM
cant all you bears get along?? lol you stomped mudholes in everyone in the nfc's asses this year

Smokey Joe
12-22-2006, 03:45 PM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

So punkass baby goats own you?

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 03:45 PM

WRONG!

hahhahaha. You're comparing this team to the 2001 team??? That's absurd. My reference is relevant because of the players and the concerns regarding last year's team. The 2001 team was not 70% of this year's team. Please, do not mentioned worthless statistics.

Dude you just got owned. Your argument was based on momentum and 51 just gave an example where momentum is overrated. My wanna stop while you're behind dude. Or prepare to get dominated by the wrath of 51.

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 03:59 PM

You-0/1
Me-1/1 (1 Pending.)

So punkass baby goats own you?
All of these double negatives are blowing my mind. :shock:

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 04:00 PM

WRONG!

Oh ok..so that team didn't need momentum, but this team does? Care to actually give a real reason based on logic rather than your one example, which is entirely hypothetical.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the original point. Even if Tank has a great game against Green Bay, if he does nothing in playoffs and we lose, who cares?

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 08:19 PM

WRONG!

Oh ok..so that team didn't need momentum, but this team does? Care to actually give a real reason based on logic rather than your one example, which is entirely hypothetical.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the original point. Even if Tank has a great game against Green Bay, if he does nothing in playoffs and we lose, who cares?

This dude and logic don't really go together. :lol:

NYmoney
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM

WRONG!

Dude you just got owned. Your argument was based on momentum and 51 just gave an example where momentum is overrated. My wanna stop while you're behind dude. Or prepare to get dominated by the wrath of 51.

"My wanna stop" hmm, i'm not familar with this vernacular. Care to clarify?
Also, anyone can give an example, but giving an relevant example is all that matters. A donkey could give an outdated, irrelevant example.

Oh, and almighty 51 has yet to prove a valid point. He seems knowledgeable but unable to provide relevant information.

NYmoney
12-22-2006, 08:55 PM

WRONG!

Here's why it matters that he plays well against GB: regardless of GB's O-line inabilities, he hasn't played in what will be 2 weeks. So he will have missed two games, play one, then have another week off. The guy needs to get back into the flow of the games. That's why it's so important. Remember a couple of seasons back when everyone said Urlacher was the most overrated player in the NFL? Did he not say that the lack of DT penetration was to explain for his lack of sacks? Also, look at Ray Lewis complaining about how his DT's didn't penetrate the line in their 3-4 system. He wanted a trade because of this lack of production; therefore, in order for our D to perform well, we need production out of Tank and Scott. It's just that simple

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 09:04 PM

WRONG!

"My wanna stop" hmm, i'm not familar with this vernacular. Care to clarify?
Also, anyone can give an example, but giving an relevant example is all that matters. A donkey could give an outdated, irrelevant example.

Oh, and almighty 51 has yet to prove a valid point. He seems knowledgeable but unable to provide relevant information.

He just provided you with rational information NY, what the hell are you reading?

You were all worried about momentum and crap like that. He just gave you an example of where momentum didn't mean donkey poo.

Smokey Joe
12-22-2006, 09:22 PM
I think momentum helps out a lot, and does help teams... but momentum won't be the deciding factor of a game.

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I think momentum helps out a lot, and does help teams... but momentum won't be the deciding factor of a game.

Didn't help us much in 2001. :lol:

But yes it is helpful. Is it necesssary? Hell no. I do want our guys to get some good PT though against Detroit and Green Bay here in the next couple of weeks.

We've got homefield, at a place where we are tought to beat. The other teams like Dallas, NO, Seattle, etc will need more momentum than us IMO.

Smokey Joe
12-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Will 24 be on after the Bears game again? I sure hope so. Because even if we do lose, at least 24 will be on! And if we win, the day will be the greatest of 07 because a Bears winner and 24 back-to-back is like masturbating twice in one day :P

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Will 24 be on after the Bears game again? I sure hope so. Because even if we do lose, at least 24 will be on! And if we win, the day will be the greatest of 07 because a Bears winner and 24 back-to-back is like masturbating twice in one day :P

I think there's a good chance that we will.....win this game on Sunday. :D

Even with our backups I think we could give Detroit a run for their money. Griese and AP would do some work on offense.

iloxygenil
12-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Bears looking for a QB? Or are they happy with the terrible Grossman?

Smokey Joe
12-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Happy with Grossman and Griese...

iloxygenil
12-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Just was wondering...I just see those guys as a bandaid, and the window is so short in the NFL...you think Lovie may make a move after you guys get bounced out of the playoffs because of putrid QB play?

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM

Terrible Grossman? Considering he's been more good then bad this season.

Green Bay - Very good
Detroit - Very good
Minnesota - Pretty Good, won the game
Seattle - Very good
Buffalo - Very Good
Arizona - Terrible
San Francisco - Very good
Miami - Terrible
NY Giants - Good
NY Jets - Solid
Patriots - Bad
Vikings - Terrible
Rams - Very good
Tampa - Very good

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Just was wondering...I just see those guys as a bandaid, and the window is so short in the NFL...you think Lovie may make a move after you guys get bounced out of the playoffs because of putrid QB play?

Please. Grossman will be fine. He may not be great but he's got confidence again, and that's his key.

iloxygenil
12-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Rex is getting too much media love...his WRs are going out and making serious plays for him...there have been a TON of HIGHLIGHT catches this season...which means there have been a TON of bad throws that the WRs made up for by WRs.

bearsfan_51
12-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Rex is getting too much media love...his WRs are going out and making serious plays for him...there have been a TON of HIGHLIGHT catches this season...which means there have been a TON of bad throws that the WRs made up for by WRs.
While I think it's silly to suggest that Rex has been getting love at all (maybe in week 5) I do agree that our wide recievers have been getting very little love this year. Moose in particular has completely fallen under the radar, but he's been as reliable as a clock so far this season.

sweetness34
12-22-2006, 11:50 PM

Huh? A ton of highlight catches? Refresh my memory. Rex has throws some beautiful balls this season.

Name em...And Rex is getting too much media love? Ha, go over to Dallas and check out Romo. The media has been all over Rex lately (well before the Rams game anway). And many of them still are.

Rex has been very accurate this season for the most part. Am I missing something here. Sure he's had his downfalls, but he's also had some very good games.

iloxygenil
12-23-2006, 12:01 AM
There is no denying there have been bright spots with him this season, but his decision making has been pretty questionable. As far as the highlight catches, look at most of his TD passes...sure a few of them are nicely thrown balls, but a lot of them, like the overthrow that Berrian dove and caught while rolling into the endzone, a lot of throws have taken a lot of great catches. Atleast from everything I've seen, which obviously isn't as much as you guys, but SO many of the media were all up on Rex's jock. Sure of late they've been down on him, but with very good reason. Without Berrian out there he's not doing nearly as well from a numbers aspect.

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 12:21 AM
There is no denying there have been bright spots with him this season, but his decision making has been pretty questionable. As far as the highlight catches, look at most of his TD passes...sure a few of them are nicely thrown balls, but a lot of them, like the overthrow that Berrian dove and caught while rolling into the endzone, a lot of throws have taken a lot of great catches. Atleast from everything I've seen, which obviously isn't as much as you guys, but SO many of the media were all up on Rex's jock. Sure of late they've been down on him, but with very good reason. Without Berrian out there he's not doing nearly as well from a numbers aspect.

And when Rex had a bad game they turned their backs on him, something they've yet to do with Romo even though he's played like **** this year.

I'll look at most of his TD passes. Green Bay both of them were nicely thrown. Detroit, ok I'll give you Detroit. Minnesota was a nice throw to Davis. Seattle all of his TD's were nicely thrown. Buffalo, same thing, although I'll give you Davis' TD, that was a nice catch. Eh, that's all I'm doing. :lol:

When you have WR's like Rex has, you can afford to throw things up to them and have the confidence they can come down with it. I'm not saying it's always a good thing but he does have confidence in his WR's.

We will not be drafting a WR in this draft, period, end of story.

iloxygenil
12-23-2006, 01:23 AM
I think you'd have to be ******** to draft a WR this year lol...unless Calvin falls to #28 or so (wherever you guys will be picking)

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 01:55 AM
I think you'd have to be dumb to draft a WR this year lol...unless Calvin falls to #28 or so (wherever you guys will be picking)

I meant to say QB, my bad. Looooong night.

PACKmanN
12-23-2006, 01:57 AM

And when Rex had a bad game they turned their backs on him, something they've yet to do with Romo even though he's played like *********** this year.

I'll look at most of his TD passes. Green Bay both of them were nicely thrown. Detroit, ok I'll give you Detroit. Minnesota was a nice throw to Davis. Seattle all of his TD's were nicely thrown. Buffalo, same thing, although I'll give you Davis' TD, that was a nice catch. Eh, that's all I'm doing. :lol:

When you have WR's like Rex has, you can afford to throw things up to them and have the confidence they can come down with it. I'm not saying it's always a good thing but he does have confidence in his WR's.

We will not be drafting a WR in this draft, period, end of story.Kinda reminds me of a young Favre. Hope it doesnt happen

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 02:22 AM

And when Rex had a bad game they turned their backs on him, something they've yet to do with Romo even though he's played like *********** this year.

We will not be drafting a WR in this draft, period, end of story.Kinda reminds me of a young Favre. Hope it doesnt happen

Oh but it will. :twisted:

Prepare for a decade of suffering Packer fans at the hands of Rex Grossman. :D :P

SFbear
12-23-2006, 03:07 AM
So Lovie is keeping the starters in for the next couple games and treating them like real games. Dont know how I feel about that. If one of the starters gets hurt, Lovie's gonna have some 'splaining to do.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2841

I guess he could pull some starters and just say they werent a hundred percent. If these next couple games are about building momentum and confidence going into the playoffs I really hope Rex or the defense dont lay another egg. [/i]

bearsfan_51
12-23-2006, 03:22 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

You have to keep in mind what "Lovie talk" really is.

"We really want to win these next two games".

Translation: It would be nice to win these games, kinda like it's nice to find change in the couch cushions.

"Everyone that is healthy to play will be ready to go".

Translation: If you're sore, have a previous injury, or any other sort of dings, you'll be counted as injured. If you're important to our team, expect to be sitting by halftime.

PACKmanN
12-23-2006, 04:10 AM
well his goal is to beat the Packers :D

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 10:14 AM
well his goal is to beat the Packers :D

And he's what 4-1 so far as Chicago Head Coach, yea I think he's doing a pretty good job of that. :D

Smokey Joe
12-23-2006, 12:26 PM
I think Grossman will be out of the league in at least 5 years, but hey, thats me.

Borat
12-23-2006, 01:09 PM
You have to keep in mind what "Lovie talk" really is.

"Lovie Talk" usually gets me laid. :wink:

Bearsfan123
12-23-2006, 01:58 PM
I agree with Da Coach and my Grandpa, play em! They need to play. We need to work out the kinks. Only ppl id with hold are the ones who are dinged (Vasher, Tillman, and Jones) Id with hold Jones just so we could see what Benson can do as the starter.

12-23-2006, 02:09 PM
LANCE BRIGGS A BUCCANEER IN 07 BANK IT!

12-23-2006, 02:10 PM
LANCE BRIGGS A CARDINAL IN 07 BANK IT!

12-23-2006, 02:12 PM
LANCE BRIGGS A CARDINAL IN 07 BANK IT!
well it would definitely be needed.....

sweetness34
12-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I think Grossman will be out of the league in at least 5 years, but hey, thats me.

Out of the league? How? Kerry Collins is still in the league. :?

Smokey Joe
12-23-2006, 05:41 PM

Out of the league? How? Kerry Collins is still in the league. :?
I don't know. It could be an injury, it can be him sucking horrible ass. For all I know, he wins 5 super bowls in a row, and retires on top because he is a cocky *****...

It's just a gut feeling.

NYmoney
12-23-2006, 05:42 PM

But yes it is helpful. Is it necesssary? Hell no. I do want our guys to get some good PT though against Detroit and Green Bay here in the next couple of weeks.

We've got homefield, at a place where we are tought to beat. The other teams like Dallas, NO, Seattle, etc will need more momentum than us IMO.

I agree with that. Dallas and NO need it more than any other team.

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 12:33 AM

I agree with that. Dallas and NO need it more than any other team.

Hey we agree on something. :lol:

We dont' have much to prove. We're the #1 seed and went 12-2 in the regular season, crushing playoff teams like the Packers, Vikes, Seahawks, and Giants. The other teams have to prove more than we do IMO.

Also, I cannot see the Saints coming to Chicago and winning here. At New Orleans, I'd give them the edge, but in Chicago, that'd be rough for them IMO.

Hurricane Ditka
12-24-2006, 12:39 AM
I want to draft Eric Weddle. He's got more athleticism than Johnson, while offering some of the same skills, he can learn corner and safety. I wouldn't mind a trade down to for say an extra second and third round picks. Pick up Weddle, Kyle Young, Doug Free, and Juwan Simpson. That'd be a killer first day.

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 12:57 AM
I want to draft Eric Weddle. He's got more athleticism than Johnson, while offering some of the same skills, he can learn corner and safety. I wouldn't mind a trade down to for say an extra second and third round picks. Pick up Weddle, Kyle Young, Doug Free, and Juwan Simpson. That'd be a killer first day.

Doug Free worries the **** out of me. He got beaten like a drum against TCU a couple days ago and has been on a free fall this whole season. 3rd Round I'd say take a chance but anything before that, it's hands off for that guy IMO.

Hurricane Ditka
12-24-2006, 01:08 AM

Doug Free worries the *********** out of me. He got beaten like a drum against TCU a couple days ago and has been on a free fall this whole season. 3rd Round I'd say take a chance but anything before that, it's hands off for that guy IMO.I was really high on Doug Free, until he came out and the shittiest senior campaign he could have possibly had (albeit with a broken foot). The other mid round tackles don't offer anything substantially different. Although I could go with Weddle and take a chance on Meriweather later on in the second if he's still there. The guy I'd really like to for is Kyle Young, he acn start out at swing guard and center, and possibly take over at right tackle. My ideal first day right now would be trading down getting another second, and third.

2a-Aaron Sears
2b-Brandon Meriweather
3a-Kyle Young
3b-Justin Durant (Just to avoid the character issues with Simpson)

I wouldn't mind Sears in the first even.

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 01:32 AM

Doug Free worries the *********** out of me. He got beaten like a drum against TCU a couple days ago and has been on a free fall this whole season. 3rd Round I'd say take a chance but anything before that, it's hands off for that guy IMO.I was really high on Doug Free, until he came out and the shittiest senior campaign he could have possibly had (albeit with a broken foot). The other mid round tackles don't offer anything substantially different. Although I could go with Weddle and take a chance on Meriweather later on in the second if he's still there. The guy I'd really like to for is Kyle Young, he acn start out at swing guard and center, and possibly take over at right tackle. My ideal first day right now would be trading down getting another second, and third.

2a-Aaron Sears
2b-Brandon Meriweather
3a-Kyle Young

Don't know too much about Sears, enlighten me HD. If Briggs is gone, which is a very good chance that he will be I'd really like to see us nab Alexander, or pass on him and hope Everett falls in the 2nd.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 01:38 AM

2a-Aaron Sears
2b-Brandon Meriweather
3a-Kyle Young

Don't know too much about Sears, enlighten me HD. If Briggs is gone, which is a very good chance that he will be I'd really like to see us nab Alexander, or pass on him and hope Everett falls in the 2nd.
I still prefer it over Home Depot for tools and what not, and it's not a bad place for certain home appliances. I dunno who actually buys clothes there though.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Everett could very easily go higher than Alexander, as Rufus is more limited in what type of defenses he could succeed in.

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Everett could very easily go higher than Alexander, as Rufus is more limited in what type of defenses he could succeed in.

So who would you take if you had a choice of the two? I personally really like Everett, but he's been a tad inconsistent at Florida from what I've heard and read. Alexander reminds me a little of Briggs and his limits with the defenses he's capable of playing in.

Btw, I'm a Menards guy myself. Although Home Depot on occasion. :lol:

Windy
12-24-2006, 01:55 AM
http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/ChicagoBears/newaerial.jpg

Smokey Joe
12-24-2006, 09:45 AM
http://smashbrothersonline.com/Bosses/BossBowser.jpg

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 12:00 PM
http://smashbrothersonline.com/Bosses/BossBowser.jpg
Good timing.

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 12:27 PM
http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/ChicagoBears/newaerial.jpg

That is such a sweet picture. Soldier Field has such an awesome atmosphere and it's in a great spot too.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 02:19 PM
This game disgusts me. What the **** is Lovie doing? If we're going to put the starters in, get them fired enough to actually play the game. Either that, or the Lions are just a better team than we are. This is by far the most pathetic performance by our team this year. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I just hope we can win a playoff game at this point.

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 02:39 PM
This game disgusts me. What the *********** is Lovie doing? If we're going to put the starters in, get them fired enough to actually play the game. Either that, or the Lions are just a better team than we are. This is by far the most pathetic performance by our team this year. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I just hope we can win a playoff game at this point.

I'm not worried about winning a playoff game, we'll be fine IMO. I'm more worried about keeping our guys healhty.

But yea, talk about just throwing guys out there, that's what Lovie is doing right now.

Calm down now 51. :wink: I'd be much more worried if we were in the AFC.

bearfan
12-24-2006, 02:41 PM
hey if we lose this, and the Lions get a surge of confidence the next few games....Bye Bye Brady Quinn on the Lions, Hello Calvin Johnson :lol:

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 02:55 PM
hey if we lose this, and the Lions get a surge of confidence the next few games....Bye Bye Brady Quinn on the Lions, Hello Calvin Johnson :lol:

Next few games? They only have one more 54. :lol:

bearfan
12-24-2006, 03:30 PM

Next few games? They only have one more 54. :lol:

PSH, i didnt realize it was week 16 right now :?

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Well at least we won and only Jason McKie got hurt (not like we would have sat him either way).

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Well at least we won and only Jason McKie got hurt (not like we would have sat him either way).

I just think our guys were out there not playing for anything. At least that's what it looked like.

They didn't look fired up at all, which is expected. Lovie needs to tell these guys to have that focus if he's going to play them that long. Still don't agree with the decision but oh well, at least no one got hurt.

Now let's use our backups to knock Green Bay out of the playoffs. 8) :P

Windy
12-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Hello Newman

sweetness34
12-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Hello Newman

Hello Jerry. :P

Well the road to the SB goes through both Chicago and New Orleans. I'm rooting for Dallas to win so they can go beat it out with New Orleans at home and we can get a team like Philly at home. Not that it'll be an easy win, but I'd much rather face a team like that then Dallas.

Guys, we're in the NFC. We've been the most consistent this season and IMO we're the best team in the NFC when we play at our highest level.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Our team is not very good right now. Our defense is average, if not below average.

And you can talk about the NFC all you want, and I tend to agree, but it won't take a good team to beat us right now considering that we've almost lost to the Bucs and Lions in consecutive weeks. This is the worst football we've been playing all year.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Wow...Tank Johnson has lost 15 pounds since the raid on his house.

I can't say I blame him due to the stress he's been under, but that could have a really big effect. 15 pounds might not seem like that much when you weigh 300 lbs, but such a drastic shift in weight can make a big difference when you're in a system that is very strictly based upon stuff like that. Might be a better idea to only play him at the UT and allow Ian and Garay to play the NT.

Smokey Joe
12-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Brian Griese is god...

Hurricane Ditka
12-25-2006, 12:02 AM
This team needs to some serious soul-searching and figure out what the fcuk they want to be. If they want to go far in the playoffs they'll need to get there **** together.

bearsfan_51
12-25-2006, 12:08 AM
This team needs to some serious soul-searching and figure out what the fcuk they want to be. If they want to go far in the playoffs they'll need to get there **** together.
I'd have to agree. I'd like to see Lovie play whoever is healthy untill we are up by at least 10 points, at whatever point in the game is. If we start off 10-0 fine, good momentum, let the important guys sit. In the Lions case it was halftime, if we're never up by 10 points against the Packers, let 'em play the whole game.

Hurricane Ditka
12-25-2006, 12:12 AM
I'd have to agree. I'd like to see Lovie play whoever is healthy untill we are up by at least 10 points, at whatever point in the game is. If we start off 10-0 fine, good momentum, let the important guys sit. In the Lions case it was halftime, if we're never up by 10 points against the Packers, let 'em play the whole game.Hopefully the fact this is our biggest rivalry game will give the players something to play for. They all seemed flat, and uninspired. Maybe Tank's return, the thought of beating down Brett Favre one last time, and closing out the season with a convincing win at home in front of the "fourth phase". Brian Greise did all right, nothing special. This team's identity is the defense and they need to get back into form.

TitleTown088
12-25-2006, 12:30 AM
I'd have to agree. I'd like to see Lovie play whoever is healthy untill we are up by at least 10 points, at whatever point in the game is. If we start off 10-0 fine, good momentum, let the important guys sit. In the Lions case it was halftime, if we're never up by 10 points against the Packers, let 'em play the whole game.Hopefully the fact this is our biggest rivalry game will give the players something to play for. They all seemed flat, and uninspired. Maybe Tank's return, the thought of beating down Brett Favre one last time, and closing out the season with a convincing win at home in front of the "fourth phase". Brian Greise did all right, nothing special. This team's identity is the defense and they need to get back into form.

don't worry this isn't his last year. He'll be back next year to beat you guys a couple of times before winning the superbowl. :wink:

Hurricane Ditka
12-25-2006, 01:45 AM

don't worry this isn't his last year. He'll be back next year to beat you guys a couple of times before winning the superbowl. :wink:In fantasy land.

Hurricane Ditka
12-25-2006, 02:26 AM
If any of you doubted that offensive line need to be a top priority in the draft this year, today should have removed that doubt. St Clair is not a viable option long term at OT, even in relief. Metcalf and Garza leave a lot to be desired at guard, and Miller is running out of gas. I'd like to see us pick up another swing guard and a left tackle prospect. I'd like a guy like Josh Beekman, Ben Grubs, Mike Jones (Who?! Mike Jones) or Kyle Young for the guard spot. And take the pick of the litter in the 2nd or third of guys like Aaron Sears, Ryan Harris or Doug Free.

bearsfan_51
12-25-2006, 01:24 PM

don't worry this isn't his last year. He'll be back next year to beat you guys a couple of times before winning the superbowl. :wink:
Do you not realize that Brett Favre is not a good QB anymore? Rex Grossman is having a better year than him. Doesn't that tell you something?

bearsfan_51
12-25-2006, 01:26 PM
If any of you doubted that offensive line need to be a top priority in the draft this year, today should have removed that doubt. St Clair is not a viable option long term at OT, even in relief. Metcalf and Garza leave a lot to be desired at guard, and Miller is running out of gas. I'd like to see us pick up another swing guard and a left tackle prospect. I'd like a guy like Josh Beekman, Ben Grubs, Mike Jones (Who?! Mike Jones) or Kyle Young for the guard spot. And take the pick of the litter in the 2nd or third of guys like Aaron Sears, Ryan Harris or Doug Free.
Angelo recently said in a Tribune article that there were 4 positions the team would look to adress in FA and the Draft. That sounds about right. If you pick up two guys in FA, that means that two of the four first picks have to make an immediate impact, pretty good odds.

The Trib guessed that the four positions were O-Line, Wide Reciever, Defensive Line, and Linebacker.

I would take Reciever off there, I think we're fine, and replace it in the secondary where I think we have some big question marks that need to be adressed.

49ersfan_87
12-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I was curious, is Ian Scott a Free Agent? If so, do you think he could be a 3-4 NT? Can he take up two blockers? Does he do it regularly? 4-3 or 3-4 we could use a guy liek Ian Scott, and if he becomes a FA id like for us to pick him up.

Hurricane Ditka
12-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Angelo recently said in a Tribune article that there were 4 positions the team would look to adress in FA and the Draft. That sounds about right. If you pick up two guys in FA, that means that two of the four first picks have to make an immediate impact, pretty good odds.

The Trib guessed that the four positions were O-Line, Wide Reciever, Defensive Line, and Linebacker.

I would take Reciever off there, I think we're fine, and replace it in the secondary where I think we have some big question marks that need to be adressed.The thing is, you can't keep infusing aging talent into the offensive line, or we'll have to keep rebuilding it again in a few years.

GB12
12-26-2006, 12:53 AM
The game has been moved to Sun. night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2708334

Since it's Christmas I'll post this in here for you.

Smokey Joe
12-26-2006, 09:55 AM
yay!

NYmoney
12-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Boo to the Sunday night game. This is going to cause some serious problems for NYE...

Also, we do need to do something about this O-line. They are not going to even be a shell of themself in a year or two. We knew that they were aging, and Angelo has cap space. So let's sign Briggs and work on the O-line during FA.

Hurricane Ditka
12-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Boo to the Sunday night game. This is going to cause some serious problems for NYE...

Also, we do need to do something about this O-line. They are not going to even be a shell of themself in a year or two. We knew that they were aging, and Angelo has cap space. So let's sign Briggs and work on the O-line during FA.Work on the Oline through the draft. FA can serve as one, maybe 2 year band-aid, you need to build your oline through the draft.

Smokey Joe
12-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Quite simple, cut Miller and sign Leonard Davis 8)

fondoffilm
12-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Out of curiosity, who would replace Rivera at DC if/when he becomes a HC? Babich?

bearsfan_51
12-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Out of curiosity, who would replace Rivera at DC if/when he becomes a HC? Babich?
Yes sir. Buffalo wanted to sign him to be their DC before we promoted him to Assistant Head Coach and basically promised him that when/if Rivera leaves the job is his.

fondoffilm
12-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Yes sir. Buffalo wanted to sign him to be their DC before we promoted him to Assistant Head Coach and basically promised him that when/if Rivera leaves the job is his.

Ha ha, so Buffalo had to "settle" for Fewell?

bearsfan_51
12-26-2006, 10:10 PM

Ha ha, so Buffalo had to "settle" for Fewell?
Pretty much. I always liked Fewell but Babich has been Lovie's guy since he had the same position in St.Louis. He was a candidate for DC before we hired Rivera in 2004.

Xonraider
12-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Guys, is Briggs a Sam LB or a Will? I'm pretty damn sure he is a Sam but I don't get many Chicago games and the last one I saw was week 9 and I don't remember clearly.

NickBam
12-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Guys, is Briggs a Sam LB or a Will? I'm pretty damn sure he is a Sam but I don't get many Chicago games and the last one I saw was week 9 and I don't remember clearly.

WILL

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM

Also, we do need to do something about this O-line. They are not going to even be a shell of themself in a year or two. We knew that they were aging, and Angelo has cap space. So let's sign Briggs and work on the O-line during FA.Work on the Oline through the draft. FA can serve as one, maybe 2 year band-aid, you need to build your oline through the draft.

That's a good point. Here's my question to you: 99% of championship caliber teams have a two or three year window. So if you're calling the shots, would you make that O-line move? Or do you think this core can hold through the next two seasons?

Personally, I think (let me digress for a second) that Briggs must be resigned, and then we can talk about improving the O-line. I think those fellas have 2 years left in them. So that opens up, just as you suggested, upgrading the O-line with young talent.

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Does anyone else think that the money Moose is going to get over the next couple of seasons is a little out of whack? I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but I don't think he's a legitimate #1. Then again, Da Bears are 13-2, with a crushing of Favre and his playoff hopes to come Sunday.

Hurricane Ditka
12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Guys, is Briggs a Sam LB or a Will? I'm pretty damn sure he is a Sam but I don't get many Chicago games and the last one I saw was week 9 and I don't remember clearly.Will. The same position Derrick Brooks plays in Tampa.

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 04:44 PM
len fatsquereli released his all pro bowl and forgot to include Urlacher. Also, jeff saturday over Kreutz??? this guy's off his rocker.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Does anyone else think that the money Moose is going to get over the next couple of seasons is a little out of whack? I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but I don't think he's a legitimate #1. Then again, Da Bears are 13-2, with a crushing of Favre and his playoff hopes to come Sunday.
You almost always have to overpay for players on the open market. That's the way it is.

And I've never believed there is such a thing as a "legitimate #1". What does that even mean?

Hurricane Ditka
12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
If we trade or cut Jones during the off-season, what do you think about Gary Russell as the replacement change of pace back.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
If we trade or cut Jones during the off-season, what do you think about Gary Russell as the replacement change of pace back.
If we trade or cut Jones I hope it's with the intent of giving Adrian Peterson more carries. In the last two years he has 432 yards with a 5.0 ypc average. His stats absolutely blow Benson's away.

By comparison.

Attempts - Benson-211 Peterson-86

Yards- Benson-810 Peterson- 432

YPC- Benson-3.8 Peterson-5.0

Long Run- Benson-36 yards Peterson- 36 yards (With 125 less carries)

Touchdowns per carry- Benson- 0.03 Peterson- 0.05

Runs over 20+ yards per carry- Benson- 0.029 Peterson- 0.034

1st downs per carry- Benson- .1895 Peterson- .302 (a remarkable number)

Not to mention that Peterson has more catches for more yards than Benson, who is basically useless as a pass catcher out of the backfield so far.

Interesting how some people always say Benson needs more carries when Peterson has been drastically more productive when given a chance than Benson.

Hurricane Ditka
12-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Those numbers work for you because you spin them that way. Peterson's averages will look better because he has less carries, and his carries came when they didn't except us to run. Cedric Benson is better than Adrian Peterson, that's just silly. Unless your real name is my2cents.

bearsfan_51
12-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Those numbers work for you because you spin them that way. Peterson's averages will look better because he has less carries, and his carries came when they didn't except us to run. Cedric Benson is better than Adrian Peterson, that's just silly. Unless your real name is my2cents.
Peterson's carries come exactely when they expect us to run. They were usually either at the end of the game, or on certain games in which Jones or Benson (or both) were hurt.

I never said Peterson is better than Benson, but he's definately more productive.

There's no spin there. Those are the numbers, and they are basically hte only numbers that count. I've been number crunching with the Bears the last two days in preperation for the offseason and that is one that definately stood out to me.

Interesting that you say my numbers are "spin" but your argument consists of "that's silly".

If they move Jones on and Benson is the starter next year, so be it (although it'll be based almost entirely on potential and salary, because he certainly hasn't earned it) but one of the bigger dissapointments for me this year has been the complete absense of Peterson from the offense considering how great of a year he had before. It's all politics.

Hurricane Ditka
12-27-2006, 06:02 PM
I also think Offensive line will be addressed in the draft before linebacker. Jerry Angelo has yet to take a LB before the 3rd round in his 5 drafts with the Bears. I think he'll take a guy like Durant or Simpson in the 3rd or fourth and have a roster batter between Joe/Wilson/Williams/And the draftee. Unless off course we can sign Adialus Thomas. We have 3 spots that need to sured up on the offensive line, whereas Briggs is only one player. You might say 3? and say I'm wrong, but I'm not. Another backup swing guard to compete with Metcalf and Garza when Brown retires, a legitimate left tackle prospect so John Tait can slide back over to right tackle. That's 2, add in one more guy for depth.

Hurricane Ditka
12-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Peterson's carries come exactely when they expect us to run. They were usually either at the end of the game, or on certain games in which Jones or Benson (or both) were hurt.

I never said Peterson is better than Benson, but he's definately more productive.

There's no spin there. Those are the numbers, and they are basically hte only numbers that count. I've been number crunching with the Bears the last two days in preperation for the offseason and that is one that definately stood out to me.

Interesting that you say my numbers are "spin" but your argument consists of "that's silly".

If they move Jones on and Benson is the starter next year, so be it (although it'll be based almost entirely on potential and salary, because he certainly hasn't earned it) but one of the bigger dissapointments for me this year has been the complete absense of Peterson from the offense considering how great of a year he had before. It's all politics.Poppycock.

Smokey Joe
12-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I think Lorenzo Booker would be the best fit as the change of pace guy. He has great speed, great hands, very good route running, and is a good blocker. Benson would start, with Peterson being the 3rd down back, with Booker being the change of pace/recieving back.

Hurricane Ditka
12-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Off Season Predictions: We won't be able to resign Lance Briggs, and avoid the stigma and negative connotation that will be attached to the franchise tag. It's possible we slap the transition tag on him, but I can't see us matching the big time offer he'll get, and transition nets us a 3rd round pick doesn't it? I'm not sure so I'll do mock as if it doesn't it. There aren't really any big-time free-agents I see us making a play for, Leonard Davis is a possibility but I can't see his fat ass making it through a Lovie Smith training camp. Scott will be resigned, but for a limited/competition role. Thomas Jones is traded away for a 3rd round pick.

Draft Scenario

Trade Back from pick 31 or 32 and acquire another 2nd and 3rd round pick.

2A- Joe Staley. A true left tackle prospect. He'll be able to sit in spot duty with John St Clair, for a year until Frank Miller retires, Tait can shift over to right tackle, and Staley can take over the left tackle spot. Staley has quick feat and is fairly athletic he'll be able hold down the fort on the backside.

2B-Josh Beekman. The heir apparent to Ruben Brown. I don't think the front office wants to go into the season with Garza and Metcalf the only viable options at guard on the roster. Beekman plays in spot duty and outplays Terrance Metcalf to earn a starting spot.

3A-Brandon Meriweather. He'll fall because of the fight issues, and the value here will be too much to ignore. High Risk/High Reward that's worth it at this point of the draft. Rotates with Chris Harris and Todd Johnson. Might stay on the bench for a little while, and he'll mature because of it.

3B-Justin Durant. Durant is a small school guy, and Angelo has been known to take a small school guy or two, and they've been successful picks, Tillman, Manning, Harris are all small school guys and starters in the secondary. Durant will be put into a competition with Leon Joe/Rod Wilson/Jamar Williams. I don't see him winning right off the bat, but like Harris and Manning he'll take over fairly soon.

3C-Tarell Brown. Cornerback Texas. A role player and special teams guy for now. Groomed for the nickle or dime postion along with the maturation of Devin Hester should sure up the secondary, Tillman eventually leaves for the open market and gets his big deal and Vasher gets his from the Bears.

4-Samson Satele. Center from Hawaii, another offensive lineman you say? Yes another offensive lineman. Good teams build for the future and that's exactly what I'm doing. Metcalf and Garza are the only backup centers on the roster. With the assumption that those 2 remain the starters for at least one more year, we'll need another center. The last center from the state of Hawaii worked out pretty well, and Satele will have time to learn the finer nuisances of the game from one of the best. Kruetz might be signed untill 2010, but I don't think he'll play out most of that, but Kruetz will never be cut. It'd be nice to have the time to groom a proper replacement.

5-Laurent Robinson. Wide Reciever Illinois State. Depth is still an option at wide reciever, and Robinson has potential to be a steal. Airese Curry can't seem to find his way off injured reserve. Robinson takes on a limited role, delegated to special teams, but if given shot I think he could produce.

And from here on out your guess is as good as mine, and I think I've filled all holes, and would be thrilled if the Bears had this offseason.

Smokey Joe
12-28-2006, 01:44 AM
So, we just rely on Benson and Peterson at RB?

toonsterwu
12-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Stick this in the useless commentary section that I used to come up with more often ...

While in the shower this morning, I was randomly contemplating some football thoughts. One of which was the Bears. Namely, how to maximize our defensive capabilities right now, as we've had some struggles of late.

The wear and tear seems to be showing on certain players, and the DL certainly lacks the "pop" it had earlier. Granted, this won't happen and it's just me randomly contemplating, BUT

I really think throwing a few 3-4 looks in there may help maximize our talent right now. Granted, this isn't like the Ted Washington/Keith Traylor, Bryan Robinson/Phillip Daniels, Rosy Colvin days when I thought we had a better mesh of 3-4 talent than we did for the 4-3. But I really wonder if some 3-4 looks may help keep guys fresher and maximize the talent potential while minimizing some of the flaws.

I would slide Urlacher over to the strongside as an OLB at times, with Hillenmeyer/Briggs inside. On more run-oriented situations, I might slide Urlacher inside for Hillenmeyer. I'd rotate Ogun/Urlacher/Brown/Anderson as OLB's in a 3-4 set. I'd have Tank/Ian/Israel/Antonio, along with Ogun/Brown/Anderson play some ends (obviously, since this is a sporadic look, not all may get in), with Alfonso/Tank as NT, with Ian getting some looks there. I'd have the safeties play deep, with Todd Johnson getting the starting nod for his smarts (and not his physical ability) at SS. I'd have the corners play off, but man. Johnson would either have Danieal stay in a 2-deep look, or if he deems it correct, basically have them dog it. That's not the correct term early in the morning, but essentially, in certain situations, Todd would slide up, and Danieal would go further deep into a cover 1.

Why? Well, let's start backwards. I think this would simplify Danieal's looks. Either he stays in the cover 2, or he drops into a deep 1 to see the field better and allow his athleticism to slide to wherever the pass goes. Todd is passable in a 2 look, but if he slides up, not to a 2nd tier level, but just up a little, he's less exposed. I'd have the CB's play off to help the safeties, and I would basically tell the other team they are free to try going 3-5 yards at a time downfield. The hope would be that in playing them off, the pressure would get there in time.

I think the 3-4 would keep the DL fresher, which I think would be a big help. Boone can handle the nose, and perhaps Tank, and there are capable run support end options in that look. Ogun/Brown/Anderson could handle spot roles. But having them stand up once in awhile may help keep them fresher. I've never been hugely ecstatic about Urlacher in the cover 2 (he's dominant and good, but he also gets limited with the MIke responsibilities). Sliding him over to the strongside (or weakside) would allow him to roam and attack more. Granted, in a cover 2 look, I do prefer him inside than Briggs (or Hillenmeyer), as I want the strongest guy in the middle. But in a 3-4 look, he could be utilized in more ways. Briggs/Hillenmeyer could be a solid inside tandem, with Urlacher helping inside. Anderson's pass-rush ability would be utilized more, as he would be DE in the 2 sets, and in the 3-4 sets he would roam and attack. Depending on the schemes, I'd probably slide the OLB or ILB's out into short zones at times and press the other side.

Dunno, just a random thought this morning. Once again, I know it won't happen. Just a random thought.

NYmoney
12-28-2006, 09:04 AM
You almost always have to overpay for players on the open market. That's the way it is.

And I've never believed there is such a thing as a "legitimate #1". What does that even mean?

a legit #1 means you are a playmaker. im thinking of steve smith or even a roy williams. those guys do things that your #2 won't.

toonsterwu
12-28-2006, 09:36 AM
No, Moose isn't a "legit 1". But for our situation at the time, he was needed. A solid WR to give our young QB better consistency. We didn't know what we had with our WR's here, and we had to get better consistency. The future money may hurt, but hopefully, Berrian/Bradley have developed by then that Moose won't be the number 1 option.
__________________________________________________ __________

As for the draft, I actually was thinking along Hurricane's thoughts.

Dealing back for someone like Joe Staley seems like a good move. Staley could perhaps start inside before sliding out. But Tait will eventually move back to RT, so LT potential is needed.

I probably wouldn't go OL back to back at the top of the draft. If the trade down scenario happens as Hurricane has it, I'd look safety or LB with the next pick. Why wouldn't I go OL back to back? Two reasons:

1. OG's can largely be found.
2. If we draft "OT" potential, the likelihood is that, that individual (in this case, Staley), may start inside, and eventually slide out.

As I noted a few pages back, I think CB is a fair thought from the third and on, with one of our starters likely gone when their contract is done, and Ricky Manning Jr. and Devin Hester being the next guys up, and neither being a certainty to excel as a starter. So, yes, I'd be fine with Tarell Brown if he warrants the grade, or someone of that ilk.

Depending on what gets drafted, the rest of the picks, if drafting for positional purposes, would be OG, TE, LB/S/CB (whichever two aren't drafted yet), in random order, and perhaps a backup RB. Of course, as we get into day 2, going BPA is always fine, and oh, depending on the Tank Johnson situation, DT could be a thought.

Btw, I still have a hard time seeing Ian Scott resigned. The Cover 2 is spreading and teams will likely take a look at his experience. I could see Tampa Bay making a run at him, perhaps Indianapolis, amongst others. And I think Ian could probably fit in a lot of other schemes as well as a solid guy, including 3-4 looks. Now, Boone, on the other hand, I could see him returning more than Scott.

NYmoney
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
No, Moose isn't a "legit 1". But for our situation at the time, he was needed. A solid WR to give our young QB better consistency. We didn't know what we had with our WR's here, and we had to get better consistency. The future money may hurt, but hopefully, Berrian/Bradley have developed by then that Moose won't be the number 1 option.
__________________________________________________ __________

As for the draft, I actually was thinking along Hurricane's thoughts.

Dealing back for someone like Joe Staley seems like a good move. Staley could perhaps start inside before sliding out. But Tait will eventually move back to RT, so LT potential is needed.

I probably wouldn't go OL back to back at the top of the draft. If the trade down scenario happens as Hurricane has it, I'd look safety or LB with the next pick. Why wouldn't I go OL back to back? Two reasons:

1. OG's can largely be found.
2. If we draft "OT" potential, the likelihood is that, that individual (in this case, Staley), may start inside, and eventually slide out.

As I noted a few pages back, I think CB is a fair thought from the third and on, with one of our starters likely gone when their contract is done, and Ricky Manning Jr. and Devin Hester being the next guys up, and neither being a certainty to excel as a starter. So, yes, I'd be fine with Tarell Brown if he warrants the grade, or someone of that ilk.

Depending on what gets drafted, the rest of the picks, if drafting for positional purposes, would be OG, TE, LB/S/CB (whichever two aren't drafted yet), in random order, and perhaps a backup RB. Of course, as we get into day 2, going BPA is always fine, and oh, depending on the Tank Johnson situation, DT could be a thought.

Btw, I still have a hard time seeing Ian Scott resigned. The Cover 2 is spreading and teams will likely take a look at his experience. I could see Tampa Bay making a run at him, perhaps Indianapolis, amongst others. And I think Ian could probably fit in a lot of other schemes as well as a solid guy, including 3-4 looks. Now, Boone, on the other hand, I could see him returning more than Scott.

as odd as this sounds, but to upgrade at TE...Tony Gonzalez is a FA. i know it sounds crazy, but i thought I would just brainstorm. personally, I believe the money can be spent in other positions (ie briggs)

Hurricane Ditka
12-28-2006, 12:34 PM
If Kansas City choses not to re-sign Tony Gonzo the Bears would have to drastically over-pay for his current skill-level and age. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I think Angelo is loyal to Desmond Clark, and although Clark has proven to an awful pass-blocker, we wouldn't be keep Gonzo in pass-blocking anyway.

Smokey Joe
12-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Daniel Graham. Good pass catcher and good blocker. Him and Dez would make a nice little combo.

KBear
12-28-2006, 07:56 PM
If Kansas City choses not to re-sign Tony Gonzo the Bears would have to drastically over-pay for his current skill-level and age. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I think Angelo is loyal to Desmond Clark, and although Clark has proven to an awful pass-blocker, we wouldn't be keep Gonzo in pass-blocking anyway.

Got to agree here.

And on that note, I dont want to come on here and find someone saying that the Bears will draft a TE, because they wont. Last year was a test for me with it being a deep draft for TEs and the Bears apparent need at the position, but my theory held true.

bearsfan_51
12-28-2006, 11:06 PM

Got to agree here.

And on that note, I dont want to come on here and find someone saying that the Bears will draft a TE, because they wont. Last year was a test for me with it being a deep draft for TEs and the Bears apparent need at the position, but my theory held true.
Well Jerry was on record as saying that they would have drafted Owen Daniels in the 4th had the Texans not done so, would have been a real nice pick too.

And almost everyone thinks that Angelo would have taken Pope in the 3rd had the Cardinals not taken him a few picks higher.

I think the more oppropriate way of looking at it is that Angelo doesn't value the tight end position that much, but will take a player if he thinks he can get a good value (which Pope in the 3rd and Daniels in the 4th would have been).

bearsfan_51
12-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Nice to see you back, btw.

Hurricane Ditka
12-28-2006, 11:28 PM

Got to agree here.

And on that note, I dont want to come on here and find someone saying that the Bears will draft a TE, because they wont. Last year was a test for me with it being a deep draft for TEs and the Bears apparent need at the position, but my theory held true.KBEAR IS BACK! Now only DaFan remains MIA. I think a guy like Matrez Milner might present good value in the 3rd or 4th, but who knows, Angelo seems to rotate offensive and defensive drafts, although this year it seems we have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball. I think we'll take another WR before we take another tight end.

bearfan
12-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Right now, I am quite content with out tight ends. Sure they may not be the best, but they are servicable.I think that in the draft, there are other positions that we need to shore up on before going to nab a TE. Like the offensive line, linebacker, corner, saftey ect. IMO, TE should be put on the backburner, cause there are a lot of other positions that need to be improved upon 1st.

Hurricane Ditka
12-29-2006, 12:14 AM
I think our needs right now would be ranked as such. With a trade of Jones or trade down I'd like to see all of these positions addressed. I wouldn't be be against trading up to secure at top prospect at one of these positions.

1. Offensive Line Depth. Specifically at Left Tackle. Tait can be a great right tackle, but he is a serviceable left tackle. Frank Miller is running out of gas.

2. Safety. Value come draft time could make this the first pick if Griffin falls, which is entirely possible.

3. Cornerback. Value again can propel this higher on the draft board, but this team has secondary issues Smith's entire tenure and with Tillman and Vasher's contracts both running out depth will become an issue very soon. Although Devin Hester has mounds of unused talent we aren't sure how he'll develop it. It wouldn't be fair to move Manning Jr into a starting spot, because it would take away some of his strengths.

4. Linebacker. Although I've constantly adovocated drafting Rufus Alexander in the first, Angelo hasn't shown a tendency to take linebackers early and Lovie has proven he can develop linebackers. Although under no circumstances would I go into the season without adding a veteran or rookie to replace Briggs, I don't think it will be a flashy first round pick.

KBear
12-29-2006, 07:52 AM
It is good to be back.

And I know the rumors that we would have draft Owen Daniels, and specualtion that the Bears would have drafted Pope, but we all know that nothing is for certain. And they did not draft one. So my theory still holds.

NYmoney
12-29-2006, 10:38 AM
clark had a great year, and i think it's a product of turner intentionally getting the TE more involved with the offensive scheme.

toonsterwu
12-29-2006, 12:52 PM
How's it going KBear?

As for TE, I don't think it would be anything early, but if there's value in day 2, I tend to think Angelo might pull the trigger. If someone like Clark Harris falls, I think he'd be a thought, especially due to Rex's struggles. Getting another intermediate target in there and adjusting the packages may help Rex, and Rex isn't going anywhere, so that's why I wouldn't rule out TE in day 2.

I'm ambivalent on safety as a high need. Largely because Chris Harris does have the skillset for SS, and Todd Johnson is a capable placeholder. I'd bring in someone to challenge, but not in the top two rounds. I'd rather pick a LB or a CB ahead of that. And ... if Tank is gone, then I'd give DT a consideration there as well. To be honest, if there isn't a good talent there worth taking, I'm perfectly fine dealing down/dealing for future picks.

As for LB, it just isn't that big a need for the scheme. The benefit of the scheme is ostensibly to make it easier to draft LB's, as it's responsibilities are limited (to an extent ... obviously a gross generalization here). I'd consider it in the first two rounds only if some top talent slipped, but that's highly unlikely, and as such, I'd wait till the midrounds, pick up someone, and perhaps add a veteran (Warrick Holdman likely would be available this offseason on a side note).

bearsfan_51
12-29-2006, 04:11 PM
:lol: Warrick Holdman. Maybe we should bring back R.W. McQuarters and Phillip Daniels while we're eating from the trash can.

I just think the safety position is too important to not have a great athletes at both positions. Johnson and Harris are both serviceable, but that's about it. Plus I'm just very high on Griffin and don't see much after him that appeals to me as opposed to D-Line, Linebacker, or even O-Line where I think we could make more work in the later rounds.

bearsfan_51
12-29-2006, 04:15 PM
D.Manning seems to be regressing as well. His coverage and positioning the last few weeks is the main reason we've been picked apart by slant passes, especially the ones Galloway blew up on in the Tampa game. I'm not too worried about him though, stuff like that is expected from a rookie, especially one from a small school like Abeline.

toonsterwu
12-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I do agree that D. Manning has been going through some growing pains, which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him in some cover 1 deep utilization allowing him a better chance to read and attack. I think teams are overloading at times, and for a young guy, that's a lot to process sometimes.

Smokey Joe
12-29-2006, 06:10 PM
D.Manning seems to be regressing as well. His coverage and positioning the last few weeks is the main reason we've been picked apart by slant passes, especially the ones Galloway blew up on in the Tampa game. I'm not too worried about him though, stuff like that is expected from a rookie, especially one from a small school like Abeline.
I think a big part of that is Lovie and co. throwing new packages out there. Manning was doing very good in the Cover 2, and then a couple weeks ago we clinch the playoff spot, so Lovie wants to try out some different looks. I think Manning will be fine in the playoffs when it is strictly cover 2.

Smokey Joe
12-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Trade our 1st and 7th round pick for a 2nd and 3rd round pick.
Trade Thomas Jones for a 3rd round pick.
Resign Lance Briggs

2a. John Wendling, S
-Mike Browns replacemt as I predict he will be cut. Will platoon with Harris and Johnson, and could eventually take over the SS spot.

2b. Daymeion Hughes, CB
-Falls this far because of speed concerns. Is a prototypical Cover 2 corner, and would be Tillman or Vashers future replacement. Also is a very good special teamer.

3a. Brandon MeBane, DT
-I dont think Scott will be returning, as a lot of teams (like toonster pointed out) will like to have his services. Mebane is a good fit for the cover 2, and could rotate in at the line. Also, could be a backup plan if Tank decides to go gangster again.

3b. Lorenzo Booker, RB
-Benson will be taking the carring load with Jones being traded, and Booker would be the change of pace back. Adrian Peterson would be the main backup and 3rd down back, but Booker would get plenty of time since he would change the pace, and a great reciever out of the backfield. Also a solid blocker.

3c. Doug Free, LT
-His stock has really taken a hit, but because of his size and potential he still goes first day. Would sit behind Tait for a year or two before taking the reigns.

4. Leroy Harris, C/OG
-At worst would be a solid backup. Would take Anthony Oakley's spot on the team, being the backup C, who could also play OG. You can say OG would be a bigger need with Ruben Brown probably leaving, but I think Tyler Reed was drafted to be the backup G.

5. Matt Trannon, WR/TE
-Maybe a less-sucky version of Justin Gage?

6. Isaiah Stanback, QB/WR
-Project guy who can go on the practice squad?

7. Fontel Mines, WR
-I'm just throwin a name out there for this 7th round pick we recieved in the Lennie Friedman deal. Maybe adds some competition? Practice squad?

Hurricane Ditka
12-29-2006, 06:44 PM
We aren't resigning Lance Briggs. That's that. Doug Free's been very inconsistent and hasn't played up to the hype.

SFbear
12-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Archuletta wants out of Washington. He sounds like he's hit rock bottom.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/28/AR2006122801370.html

Thoughts? He sounds like he needs his old coach back.

Smokey Joe
12-29-2006, 07:04 PM
We aren't resigning Lance Briggs. That's that. Doug Free's been very inconsistent and hasn't played up to the hype.
Are you that sure Mr. Angelo? I think he can be brought back, especially the way the teammates are petetioning for his return.

bearsfan_51
12-29-2006, 07:51 PM
I doubt they rest their starters. The Bears have been and always will be assholes and theyre going to try and ruin Favre's chance at the playoffs. I wouldnt doubt Lovie starting his entire line-up even into the 4th quarter. But hell I dont even care, with Brett leading the way I think we have a legit shot at winning regardless who they have starting.

Packers fans are hilarious.

KBear
12-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Its going pretty good toonsterwu.

All of you guys can try to talk me out of my theory all you want, but its only going to change when the Bears started drafting them more often. Which means if they do draft one, they would have to use a high day one pick on one just to get me to rethink my theory.

I'm going to to agree on the Bears waiting to draft a LB until early day 2, maybe one in the third depending on value. The Bears have had some decent luck when drafting them here. And I think the Bears should wait until day 2 to draft a S, if they are going to. Drafting one on day one would just imply that they have given up on Manning already.

I still have no idea what I want the Bears to do in the first round or should do. Which is a bit odd for me.

Hurricane Ditka
12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
A safety prospect wouldn't be to replace Manning it would be to replace Brown. He hasn't been able to stay healthy for 3 consecutive seasons. I could see a guy like Clark Harris being taken in the third or so, but I don't think tight end will be a priority. The most feasible first round situation to me is offensive line or secondary. Linebacker will be put on the back burner, unless a guy falls. If Griffin falls I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'd like to see us deal down again, and addressed several needs and wants on the first day. I still haven't left the Rufus Alexander camp though. He's big, he's fast and he went to Oklahoma, which seem to be a prerequisite for Jerry Angelo these days.

bearsfan_51
12-30-2006, 06:39 PM
What 2nd day linebackers have we done a good job drafting?

Jamar Williams?

Leon Joe?

Lance Briggs was (I believe) the 68th pick. That will basically be the equivalent of our late 2nd this year. Urlacher was a first rounder. Hillenmeyer we didn't even draft, we just lucked into him by taking a flyer on him through waivers. Honestly, if Briggs leaves and we don't draft a first day guy we're settling for Joe/Williams/Wilson at WLB. Even if we find another Hillenmeyer, two average players alongside Urlacher doesn't really appeal to me.

RCAChainGang
12-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Is Lance Briggs a FA?

Thanks...

Smokey Joe
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Is Lance Briggs a FA?

Thanks...
Yes... :cry:

RCAChainGang
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Is Lance Briggs a FA?

Thanks...

You think the colts could have a shot at him?

Hurricane Ditka
12-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Is Lance Briggs a FA?

Thanks...

You think the colts could have a shot at him?You don't have enough to sign him to the deal he'll want, and resign Freeny etc. etc.

RCAChainGang
12-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Is Lance Briggs a FA?

Thanks...

You think the colts could have a shot at him?You don't have enough to sign him to the deal he'll want, and resign Freeny etc. etc.

That sux. I have an idea what our cap situation is but not totally sure.

Smokey Joe
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
yikes... :shock:

King Rhabuf
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
grossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssmania

Hurricane Ditka
12-31-2006, 10:07 PM
This is disgusting. Another first round loss is on the horizon.

Smokey Joe
12-31-2006, 10:45 PM
This is disgusting. Another first round loss is on the horizon.
I was hoping Griese would at least play half way decent to give me some comfort if Grossman does suck it up, but he didn't do that much better... :cry:

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Benson is the only one that showed up.

Mad props to him.. He had a great game.

Smokey Joe
12-31-2006, 10:55 PM
13 rushes for 109 yards, 1 reception for 22 yards, and some decent blocking.

I really don't care about the loss. Right now I only care about two things, QB and Pass D. I think the Pass D will be fine once Tillman comes back, and they start playing mainly Cover 2 again. But QB has got me really worried right now.

Smokey Joe
12-31-2006, 11:33 PM
It is obvious who the QB should be. He has a 152 career passer rating, 15.7 yards per pass, a completion % of 67, and a TD to INT Ration of 2:0.

That's right everyone, Brad Maynard!

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 01:13 AM
That game was disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 01:47 AM
you said that already :|

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 02:08 AM
you said that already :|Doesn't make it any less disgusting. Greise had one good pass all night, and that was on a blown coverage. I want Tommie Harris back. Cedric Benson finally ran like we know he can. I think it's good he's starting to peak now. If he and Jones are running full force in the playoffs both Rex and Greise will be better off. I think we need a new face brought in at QB, some one like Trent Edwards might do this team some good. I wouldn't be surprised if quarterback jumped back up to a first round need. The offensive line is old, and it showed tonight. They got their asses handed to them.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Am I the only one who cannot stand Ron Turners play calling?

He's horrible imo and part of the problem..

I just hope we're not stuck with him for a while.. If Rex is our future QB it probably means he's going to be around for the next couple.. The coaching staff probably won't want to change Rex's offense again.. Since he hasn't run the same offense 2 years in a row in his career up until this point.

I am not 100% against a QB in the first round .. It all depends on how Rex plays down the stretch.. Honestly, if he tanks 2 weeks from now will he be back as the starter next year? I don't know..

I would love JaMarcus Russell.. But it's not realistic unless his stock takes a huge hit.. And even if it did JA doesn't have the stones to move up in the draft to get him anyway.. And I don't really want another midget QB.. (Troy Smith)

NickBam
01-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Benson is the only one that showed up.

Mad props to him.. He had a great game.

CedEx always delivers.

SFbear
01-01-2007, 02:40 AM
Ugh. :?

NickBam
01-01-2007, 02:41 AM

I'm not worried...

SFbear
01-01-2007, 03:08 AM

I'm not worried...

Not even a little? Ill agree that what I saw out there was a team that didnt give a **** versus a team that played their hearts out for their last game of the season. But still Rex and Griese should be out there playing for their jobs and they were terrible.

I dont understand how Lovie can go out and claim to take a game seriously enough to keep starters in and talk about building momentum for the playoffs and then mail in a performance that does anything but build confidence for these players in their team and quarterback situation.

Im sensing the coaching staff also has the same "Im not worried mentality" and this kind of arrogance led to last years playoff performance.

Benson looked like a stud thankfully. One bright spot.

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 04:24 AM
Favre give it to you like a this one last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #4

"If this is the last game, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome" brett Favre .
BTW rex sucks

bearsfan_51
01-01-2007, 12:34 PM
I hope everyone can see why I didn't want to start our fulltime guys now.

Two games, negative momentum, two important injuries, and piles and piles of controversy.

It makes absolutely no sense to play the game like a regular game. Take the benefit of these games, give other guys playing time, and rest the guys that need rest.

I'm pretty pissed at Lovie right now honestly and question if he's not the next Tony Dungy (great regular season record-terrible postseason record).

As for the QB position, who are we going to draft at 29-31 that is going to be much better than what we have? I'd rather, if anything, bring in another veteran to compete, but I can't think of anyone better than Griese that will be out there (maybe Leftwich). Matt Schaub of course is a possibility, but I don't think he's worth the 1st that he'd command.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 12:40 PM
From what I've heard, Tillman and McKie will be back for the playoffs. But Lovie and Ron Turner have really shitcanned us as far the quarterback position goes. Grossman doesn't have time to right the ship, and Griese played like cockshit last night. I really hope the Giants win.

ny10804
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
By a round of applause how do ya feel?

EDIT- HD(tv), don't mean to get technical, but your location should be: I'm Hunter S. Thompson and we can't stop here, this is bat country.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Let's sign Tony Gonzalez just so the Packer can't.

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Let's sign Tony Gonzalez just so the Packer can't.

you really think TT is going to sign some one like that? Maybe, but i just don't think he will, plus your TE played well this season.

BTW is there a quartback contriversy in chicago now at all?

KBear
01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I did wish that the Bears played their backups a little more the last two games, but I also think it was important to have Grossman start the last two as well so he can prove he can make it through the year healthy. At least Benson played well.

And I'm not for bringing in another QB. It was Grossmans first full season of starting and we cannot expect Griese to play all that well with the limited number of snaps he has had this year, but both should have played better then what they did yesterday. I would not have mind had Orton gotten a couple of series under his belt in the last two games either.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Right now it's clear this team has no future in the post-season, so let's talk about the draft. I'd like Lawerence Timmons, he'd be a very good fit to replace Briggs. I think it's clear we still lack depth in the secondary, so I see another safety, and maybe another corner day 1. My plan of action now would be to deal Jones for a mid-third. Go Timmons, DB, DB, and then offensive line.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Bring back the Kyle Orton play book! With the QB situation being the way it is now, this is a no brainer to me. In fact, it should have been the Kyle Orton playbook all season.

The defense has struggled as of late, but they did only allow 12 points yesterday. And I do think Tillman comming back, and playing primarly cover 2 again will help out a lot.

But the defense will have no impact on the game if the offense keeps turning the ball over. The only time the team should pass is on obvious passing downs. Benson and Jones should get 15-20 carries each. Benson got 109 yards on only 13 carries yesterday. Jones didn't do so great, but he wasn't able to get into a rythem, running it only 6-7 times I think. Come the playoffs, if we could get 150+ yards, and 2 TD's from the running game, I think we will be just fine. Also, with all the running, that will open up the play action pass, and minimize the turnovers, unless Benson and Jones forget how to hold onto the ball. We can't risk the QB turning the ball over. I would like just 150 yards, maybe a TD, and about 20 pass atempts from the QB position, with 0 turnovers. With that, the running game, and some solid D, this team should be superbowl bound.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1.) Lets say Grossman sucks it up durring the first quarter of the playoffs and Griese takes his place, and lights it up and leads the team to the Superbowl. Do the Bears draft a future QB and cut ties with Grossman?

2.) Lets say Grossman and Griese both suck it up during the playoffs, what do the Bears do? Trade up for a QB? Go after Matt Shuab?

bearfan
01-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to drafting a QB in day 1, even though chances IMO are slim. The reason why is that I am tired of Rex's inconsistant play. Now you guys may say he is a rookie in some ways, but I see him as a 4th year pro who should have most the mental aspects of the game down. So I am not opposed right tere.

And, would anyone be opposed to Breaston in the 5th or 6th? I think he could be an adiquite slot guy for whoever he gets drafted for

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
And, would anyone be opposed to Breaston in the 5th or 6th? I think he could be an adiquite slot guy for whoever he gets drafted for
Uh, I would be, and a lot of people would be also. We don't need a KR/PR (Devin Hester), and we already have plenty of quick, fast recievers. If a reciever is needed, it is a big physical one, like a non-suckey version of Justin Gage.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to drafting a QB in day 1, even though chances IMO are slim. The reason why is that I am tired of Rex's inconsistant play. Now you guys may say he is a rookie in some ways, but I see him as a 4th year pro who should have most the mental aspects of the game down. So I am not opposed right tere.

And, would anyone be opposed to Breaston in the 5th or 6th? I think he could be an adiquite slot guy for whoever he gets drafted forBreaston would be useless on this team. He brings nothing to the table that Berrian, Davis, and Bradley don't already have. I'd like to see a bigger receiver taken late to replace Justin Gage. I like Matt Trannon from Michigan State, big guy, basketball player, he'd be a good pick in the 5th or 6th.

bearsfan_51
01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
You can't not throw the ball. You simply can't. The best offenses are always about 50/50.

What we should consider though, and what Grossman was doing well untill last night, is doing a lot more checkdowns or throwing the ball out of bounds. Grossman did a very good job of that against Tampa and Detroit. For whatever reason, it didn't work last night. One of Grossman's INT was tipped, so that's palatable. The other two were just bad placements of the ball and throws he shouldn't have made. If we only get three yards on a dumpoff pass to Jason McKie, so be it. At least we're keeping the defense somewhat honest.

And as for a QB controversy, I have no idea, but I doubt it.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I hope the coaching staff and players use this loss to get ******' pissed and come out in two weeks and play with reckless abandon. Last year they had and identical loss and sat on their thumbs only to get their dicks kicked in by the Panthers. If this team loses in the first round again I'll kill someone. I really will. Probably Smokey Joe, but blood will spilled.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I hope the coaching staff and players use this loss to get ******' pissed and come out in two weeks and play with reckless abandon. Last year they had and identical loss and sat on their thumbs only to get their dicks kicked in by the Panthers. If this team loses in the first round again I'll kill someone. I really will. Probably Smokey Joe, but blood will spilled.
I have aids. You don't want my blood spilled.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 09:35 PM
I have aids. You don't want my blood spilled.Yes I do. I can save it in a mason jar and give it to Rex Grossman.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I have aids. You don't want my blood spilled.Yes I do. I can save it in a mason jar and give it to Rex Grossman.
Damn... Well, I know ancient chinesse kung fu wrestling. I will take you on.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Damn... Well, I know ancient chinesse kung fu wrestling. I will take you on.I know ancient shoot people in the face with a big gun wrestling.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I think the performance in the playoffs will determine whether this is a defense heavy or offense heavy draft. If the defense sucks it up like it has of late I think we'll go heavy on defense. I'd like to see a happy medium, but it doesn't seem to exist with Jerry Angelo.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I want DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, some O-Line, and a little offense...

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Damn... Well, I know ancient chinesse kung fu wrestling. I will take you on.I know ancient shoot people in the face with a big gun wrestling.Haha, ancient chinesse kung fu wrestling teaches you how to counter ancient shoot people in the face with a big gun wrestling.

I am so going to go Bobby Boucher on your ass.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I want the happy medium, but that's not going to happen. I'd like to see Lawerence Thomas and Brandon Mebane in Bears uniforms next year.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Damn... Well, I know ancient chinesse kung fu wrestling. I will take you on.I know ancient shoot people in the face with a big gun wrestling.Haha, ancient chinesse kung fu wrestling teaches you how to counter ancient shoot people in the face with a big gun wrestling.

I am so going to go Bobby Boucher on your ass.Does it teach you to not get sodomized by the caged male lion I have in my crawl space?

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I want the happy medium, but that's not going to happen. I'd like to see Lawerence Thomas and Brandon Mebane in Bears uniforms next year.
I'd rather see Lance Briggs and Ian Scott remaining in Bears uniforms...

And does Thomas fit the WILL spot?

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:26 PM

And does Thomas fit the WILL spot?Timmons I mean. And Yes. But Briggs and Scott aren't coming back.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM

And does Thomas fit the WILL spot?Timmons I mean. And Yes. But Briggs and Scott aren't coming back.
Damn, you had me saying Thomas also. I hope you burn in hell.

And how do you know Briggs and Scott aren't returning?

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:48 PM

And how do you know Briggs and Scott aren't returning?Because I have magic see into the future powers, and common sense.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM

And how do you know Briggs and Scott aren't returning?Because I have magic see into the future powers, and common sense.
Blasphemy! You have neither!

I spelt blasphemy wrong, didn't I?

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Alright, scratch that, Rufus has the instincts we look for. Anyone see that strip? That's Bears football right there.

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 10:57 PM

I spelt blasphemy wrong, didn't I?No but you spelled, spelled wrong.

Smokey Joe
01-01-2007, 11:01 PM

Can't the past tense of spell be either spelled or spelt?

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 11:05 PM

Can't the past tense of spell be either spelled or spelt?On my spell check feature in Firefox spelt does not appear to be a word.

Windy
01-01-2007, 11:10 PM
The big news is Aaron Rodgers for a 2nd and 4th. that's why

Hurricane Ditka
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
The big news is Aaron Rodgers for a 2nd and 4th. that's whyOf course.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Can't the past tense of spell be either spelled or spelt?On my spell check feature in Firefox spelt does not appear to be a word.
But it is a word in Microsoft Word :|

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 01:31 AM
How about a trade for Warren Sapp in the offseason!?

d34ng3l021
01-02-2007, 01:33 AM
How would you guys see Rivera as a HC (Falcons fan here)?

The defenses he has touched have turned into gold and I would like to say that the Falcons have the talent to be a top defense as well.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 01:38 AM

The defenses he has touched have turned into gold and I would like to say that the Falcons have the talent to be a top defense as well.
I think Rivera would be a great head coach. I think Atlanta might be a good fit since they already have a solid team, and like you said, talent on defense to be good. I could also see Lance Briggs and Ian Scott being two of offseason targets.

SFbear
01-02-2007, 02:54 AM

I think whoever gets the HC job in Atlanta is going to have an answer to the Michael Vick conundrum. He is the face of the team and his development has been the greatest sources of frustration for fans and owernship. The HC will have to pitch an overall vision of what to do with the his unique talent. I can't see Rivera knowing what to do with Vick being just a DC.

With that said I could see Rivera taking the talent Atlanta has at defense already and developing a monstrous unit.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Atlanta needs to hire a coach with offensive experience, or at the very least a defensive coach that had been around long enough to hire a good OC. Rivera is neither.

NYmoney
01-02-2007, 12:12 PM

That's a great idea, but what can the Bears offer for him? picks?

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 12:43 PM

I would assume draft picks. Maybe a 2nd rounder?

bearsfan_51
01-02-2007, 12:44 PM

Are you ******* kidding me?

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Are you *********** kidding me?
maybe

NYmoney
01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
btw, michael griffin might looked very impressive against iowa. he would be incredible in the tampa 2

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM

WTF..

I want Michael Griffin too.. Kids a beast..

Did you see him at the end of the game? Where Texas had to punt.. They put him on punt coverage and he showed off some serious speed..

NYmoney
01-02-2007, 03:05 PM

WTF..

Did you see him at the end of the game? Where Texas had to punt.. They put him on punt coverage and he showed off some serious speed..

It's been decided. Call up Jerry and let him know the fans have spoken!!! WEEEE WAAANT MIKEEEYYY!!!

bearsfan_51
01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/snakesolido/super%20mario%20bros.jpg

"It's a playoff time!!!!"

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM

"It's a playoff time!!!!"It's time to lose to the Seahawks!

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM

WTF..

It's been decided. Call up Jerry and let him know the fans have spoken!!! WEEEE WAAANT MIKEEEYYY!!!I want Lawerence Timmons, Rufus Alexander, Michael Griffin or Levi Brown.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Last year we did a ton of them. Anyone up for one this year? They were pretty fun when people put effort into them.

I already called Bears GM, but me and you can be co-gm if you want.
Your thread got locked HD...

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Last year we did a ton of them. Anyone up for one this year? They were pretty fun when people put effort into them.

Your thread got locked HD...What the hell is that about. And I don't want to be Bears GM, at least not in the first one. I want to take one a bad team. NO other Bears fans applied last year, so I ended up with the Bears every draft.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 04:13 PM

Your thread got locked HD...What the hell is that about. And I don't want to be Bears GM, at least not in the first one. I want to take one a bad team. NO other Bears fans applied last year, so I ended up with the Bears every draft.
snappy snappy. Well, I did already call the Bears. So tough nuggies for anyone who wanted the bears.

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 04:17 PM

snappy snappy. Well, I did already call the Bears. So tough nuggies for anyone who wanted the bears.Well if it's application format, I could apply for them too, but I don't want to, but I might.

bigbluedefense
01-02-2007, 04:20 PM

"It's a playoff time!!!!"

Pifft. Mario is from Benson Hurst and a diehard Giant fan.

And you can't use Luigi either, Luigi is from Long Island and a diehard Jet fan.

Bowser reminds me of Ditka, so maybe he's a Bear's fan.

Wario is Mexican, he roots for Chivas

Ace
01-02-2007, 05:10 PM
With Saban pretty much as good as gone, do you think Rivera is a good fit for my Phins?

NYmoney
01-02-2007, 05:13 PM
With Saban pretty much as good as gone, do you think Rivera is a good fit for my Phins?

I hope not. I hope noone ever wants him.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 05:19 PM
With Saban pretty much as good as gone, do you think Rivera is a good fit for my Phins?Depends. Do you think your defense could handle the change from 3-4 to 4-3 cover 2?

Ace
01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
With Saban pretty much as good as gone, do you think Rivera is a good fit for my Phins?Depends. Do you think your defense could handle the change from 3-4 to 4-3 cover 2?

I would think so. 3-4 really didn't help many players except for JT, but I 'm sure the new coach will still move him around some. We got some good cover corners in Allen, Daniels,Goodman, but they don't make the int's.

Windy
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
2006 Wild Card Week Forum Mock

This is a forum mock draft held in the Bears Forum.

You can have up to 3 teams.

Only rule is that O doyle rules.

Git er dun.

Oakland Raiders-WCBGU
Detroit Lions-
Cleveland Browns-
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-
Arizona Cardinals-
Redskins:
Vikings:
Texans:
Dolphins:
Atlanta:
49ers:
Buffalo Bills- WCBGU
St. Louis Rams
Carolina Panthers
Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Jacksonville Jaguars
Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans
New York Giants
Denver Broncos
New England Patriots(f/SEA)
Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints WCBGU
New York Jets
Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts
Baltimore Ravens
Chicago Bears
San Diego Chargers

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't know... seems like a lot of work. Eh, I have no life.

Windy
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM

its just one quick round. no time limit. free drinks after 6

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Oakland Raiders-WCBGU
Detroit Lions-
Cleveland Browns-
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-
Arizona Cardinals-
Redskins:
Vikings:
Texans:
Dolphins:
Atlanta:
49ers:
Buffalo Bills- WCBGU
St. Louis Rams
Carolina Panthers
Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Jacksonville Jaguars - Smokey Joe
Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans - Smokey Joe
New York Giants
Denver Broncos
New England Patriots(f/SEA)
Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints WCBGU
New York Jets
Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts
Baltimore Ravens
Chicago Bears - Smokey Joe
San Diego Chargers

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 05:59 PM

its just one quick round. no time limit. free drinks after 6
Its after six here. I demand a free drink.

sweetness34
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Whooo Hoooo, Go Bears, helluva performance on Sunday!! :lol:

I expected us to come out really flat, not saying I enjoyed watching it but playing 2 straight pointless games has a big influence on how these guys get up for games, oh well we lost to the Packers. At least it looks like Favre is retiring (crossing fingers).

Sorry I was gone for the week, I was in Texas visiting family for the holidays. I know HD and Smokey missed me, and so did 51. :D

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Oakland Raiders-WCBGU
Detroit Lions-
Cleveland Browns- Hurricane Katrina
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-
Arizona Cardinals-
Redskins: EL Nino
Vikings:
Texans:
Dolphins:
Atlanta:
49ers:
Buffalo Bills- WCBGU
St. Louis Rams
Carolina Panthers
Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Jacksonville Jaguars - Smokey Joe
Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans - Smokey Joe
New York Giants
Denver Broncos
New England Patriots(f/SEA)-**** Erectus
Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints WCBGU
New York Jets
Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots-Hunter S Thompson
Indianapolis Colts
Baltimore Ravens
Chicago Bears - Smokey Joe
San Diego Charger

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 07:08 PM

I expected us to come out really flat, not saying I enjoyed watching it but playing 2 straight pointless games has a big influence on how these guys get up for games, oh well we lost to the Packers. At least it looks like Favre is retiring (crossing fingers).

Sorry I was gone for the week, I was in Texas visiting family for the holidays. I know HD and Smokey missed me, and so did 51. :DI really didn't know you were gone.

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 07:15 PM
As for our draft postion, we can feasibly pick no lower than 28th. That would require too teams above us to reach the Superbowl.

sweetness34
01-02-2007, 07:24 PM

Sorry I was gone for the week, I was in Texas visiting family for the holidays. I know HD and Smokey missed me, and so did 51. :DI really didn't know you were gone.

:cry:

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Alright after trying to figure out what Jerry Angelo will be thinking come draft time, and I've come to the conclusion that our first round pick will be a.......

defensive lineman.

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Doesn't anyone want to know why? I thought out this long explanation waiting for someone to ask.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 08:17 PM
:shock: WHY!?!?!?!?!?

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Thank you. Because Jerry Angelo is about what have you done for me lately? Last year the secondary was the biggest problem with the defense and it got us killed in the play-offs. Alex Brown and Adewale Ogunleye have drastically under preformed since coming to the Bears. Tommie Harris has been inconsistent his entire career, the future of Tank Johnson and Ian are up in the air. The big reason for the defense's flaws and inconsistently is the defensive line. Mark Anderson is the real bright spot on this defensive line, and I think the calls will be too big to ignore and he'll take over the starting job next season. We also lack depth at the under tackle, Tommie Harris has the potential to be a great player, but he needs more help than he's gotten. We got shredded by the Packers because we had no push up the middle. Another defensive tackle that bring the pass rush seems like the most logical pick.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Brandon Mebane. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

And I'm not quite sure that Angelo is that "what have you done for me lately". He's certainly showed tremendous amounts of patience with the passing game.

Hurricane Ditka
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Brandon Mebane. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

And I'm not quite sure that Angelo is that "what have you done for me lately". He's certainly showed tremendous amounts of patience with the passing game.He didn't show much patience after the playoffs last year. Amobi Okoye. Learn to pronounce. Embrace it.

Windy
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1088/ollie5tg.png

IT GON RAIN

NickBam
01-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Sign me up with some random teams Windy

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Does Lawrence Timmons fit the WILL spot in the cover 2?

bearsfan_51
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Man am I glad we didn't sign Saban.