PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Man am I glad we didn't sign Saban.
How could he turn down that Alabama offer? He can earn something like 40 million all together.

SFbear
01-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Thank you. Because Jerry Angelo is about what have you done for me lately? Last year the secondary was the biggest problem with the defense and it got us killed in the play-offs. Alex Brown and Adewale Ogunleye have drastically under preformed since coming to the Bears. Tommie Harris has been inconsistent his entire career, the future of Tank Johnson and Ian are up in the air. The big reason for the defense's flaws and inconsistently is the defensive line. Mark Anderson is the real bright spot on this defensive line, and I think the calls will be too big to ignore and he'll take over the starting job next season. We also lack depth at the under tackle, Tommie Harris has the potential to be a great player, but he needs more help than he's gotten. We got shredded by the Packers because we had no push up the middle. Another defensive tackle that bring the pass rush seems like the most logical pick.

I agree completely. This defense and team for that matter live and die with the performance of the dline. We need more consistent performances by are sometimes dominant, sometimes irrelevant pass rushers. I think pass rushing UT would be a good pickup but does anybody else think Ogun is the biggest disappointment over the last few years? I think his success in Miami was more due to being paired with Jason Taylor and he has yet to reach the production we need at that position.

bearsfan_51
01-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Man am I glad we didn't sign Saban.
How could he turn down that Alabama offer? He can earn something like 40 million all together.
4 million per year really isn't that much, he was probably making that at Miami.

This is all about Saban's massive ego and the fact that he's never happy. He's is the NFL version of Larry Brown.

Number 10
01-03-2007, 01:24 PM
So who would you guys rather play?

Giants, Seahawks, or Cowboys?

(I'm pretty sure if the Eagles win, they get the Saints, correst me if I'm wrong)

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Giants scare me. If they get on a roll, the could dominate. Seahawks don't really scare me though. And the good Cowboys scare me. The bad Cowboys suck ass.

bearsfan_51
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I'd rank them (in terms of who I would most want to face)

1)Giants
2)Seahawks
3)Cowboys

I think the Cowboys might actually be a better team than we are. I can't say the same for the other two. Hawks could be a force, but they don't play very well on the road and Hass just hasn't been the same since his injury.

On a side note, of all the teams in the playoffs, I would still rather face the Saints than all of them.

NickBam
01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Mine is:
1) Giants
2) Cowboys
3) Seahawks

And yeah, if the Eagles win, they get the Saints.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 02:12 PM

1)Giants
2)Seahawks
3)Cowboys

I think the Cowboys might actually be a better team than we are. I can't say the same for the other two. Hawks could be a force, but they don't play very well on the road and Hass just hasn't been the same since his injury.

On a side note, of all the teams in the playoffs, I would still rather face the Saints than all of them.
Saints are overrated. They have a high powered offense, but they have a very suspect defense. And I think we have a good enough defense to be able to stop their defense.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Also, even though it would be a tough game, I would still like to see Bears vs. Cowboys. I think that would be a really good game.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
My positive post of the day...

For the Bears to win in the playoffs, and get to the Superbowl, 3 things need to happen (in order of importance)...

1.) Defense stepping up and being the turnover machines we saw earlier in the season.
I think with everyone rested, healthy, and going back to the Cover 2, the pass D will be much better. RMJ is a good nickle back, but he is god awful at corner. Todd Johnson will help out with the run support and Boone and Scott in the middle of the line will help stuff the run. Chris Harris, Tank Johnson, and Mark Anderson comming in on 3rd down/passing situations will also help out the rush and pass D. And Tank might even start in the playoffs. Also, with the Cover 2 comming back, I think we can expect the old D. Manning. He has struggled and hit a rookie wall these past couple of weeks, but that is expected from someone who went to a school like Abeline.
2.) Running, Play Action, and Dump Off Passes! NO TURNOVERS!
We have to be able to run the ball effectively and control the clock. Running the ball will open up the PA pass, and that is when we go down field. And when we do need to pass, hit Berrian on the slant, or McKie in the flat, or Moose with the post, or Clark with the curl. No need to go for the homerun every play. Also (THIS SPECIALLY APLIES TO REX!), do not stare down your recievers, look around the whole field for a reciever, don't make up your mind where you want to throw before the play even starts. I think if Benson and Jones can combine for 150 yards and a couple TD's and if whoever the QB is get us within FG range once in a while and maybe even gets a TD without consistantly turning the ball over, we will be fine. 14-21 points should be expected with hopefully another 7 added by the Defense or Special Teams.
3.) Special Teams and Field Position.
We need the old Robbie Gould and Devin Hester. Gould will hopefully become gold once again, as he did struggle for the final few games, but did look good in Detroit. I think when Hester is primarily doing returns again, and not worring about playing CB he will have a few good returns. Hopefully he will be more rested and have more of a burst. Also, we do not need the Brad Maynard from last years playoffs punting. If you remember, last year Maynard had a stinker vs. Carolina in the playoffs. We need Maynard to punt like he has all year. Kick/punt coverage has been very good all season but has seemed to weaken the past couple of weeks. Field position is very important to winning in the playoffs.
If all 3 of these things happen, which they can and should, we should easily make it to the Superbowl and even win it. Hell, even if only 2 of the 3 happen we should still make it to the Superbowl. Call me crazy, but this team was by far the best team in the whole NFL a while ago, and still could be, but weak QB play and injuries have really taken a toll.

GO BEARS!

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Very few people other than Bears fans know what the Bears need. I've seen a dozen mocks giving us a tight end, and a few giving up Troy Smith. Looking at Angelo's tendencies we can expect some sort of deal for a role player, and possibly a deal back. Angelo's had most of his success with players from the SEC and Big 12, which might decrease the likeliness of Mebane, as he hasn't had such success with players from the Pac 10, or Big 10. I expect a deal back again this year, draft Ryan McBean from Oklahoma State, Tony Ugoh from Arkansas, Justin Durant for the annual small school pick, and Aaron Rouse. I'd be pretty satisfied with this draft, which means it probably won't happen.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Very few people other than Bears fans know what the Bears need. I've seen a dozen mocks giving us a tight end, and a few giving up Troy Smith. Looking at Angelo's tendencies we can expect some sort of deal for a role player, and possibly a deal back. Angelo's had most of his success with players from the SEC and Big 12, which might decrease the likeliness of Mebane, as he hasn't had such success with players from the Pac 10, or Big 10. I expect a deal back again this year, draft Ryan McBean from Oklahoma State, Tony Ugoh from Arkansas, Justin Durant for the annual small school pick, and Aaron Rouse. I'd be pretty satisfied with this draft, which means it probably won't happen.
Aaron Rouse? Shoot me now please.

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Alright, I have decided on a new draft strategy. Trade up for Amobi Okoye. What ever it takes, because it will make our team so much better it's not even funny. The problem on the defensive line is lack of a consistent player next to Tommie Harris. If Okoye plays well enough when they double team Tommie, he'll start drawing double teams, and you can't double team both of them with out opening things up tremendously for the ends and linebackers. Although Okoye won't be able to wear number 91, that's inconsequential, and I'll think we'll be able to move past that.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Alright, I have decided on a new draft strategy. Trade up for Amobi Okoye. What ever it takes, because it will make our team so much better it's not even funny. The problem on the defensive line is lack of a consistent player next to Tommie Harris. If Okoye plays well enough when they double team Tommie, he'll start drawing double teams, and you can't double team both of them with out opening things up tremendously for the ends and linebackers. Although Okoye won't be able to wear number 91, that's inconsequential, and I'll think we'll be able to move past that.
You fall in love with a different player every week...

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
You fall in love with a different player every week...More like every other day, but that's beside the point.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 10:32 PM
You fall in love with a different player every week...More like every other day, but that's beside the point.
How is Okoye's run defense?

With Garay, Boone, and Scott all being free agents, and all three good run stoppers, I think a DT who can come in for run support is needed more then a DT that can pass rush. Especially considering that Dusty D. will most likely be back (hopefully).

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
How is Okoye's run defense?

With Garay, Boone, and Scott all being free agents, and all three good run stoppers, I think a DT who can come in for run support is needed more then a DT that can pass rush. Especially considering that Dusty D. will most likely be back (hopefully).Okoye can both stop the run, and rush the passer, which is one of the reason I like him.

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't know... He is only 6'1", and probably shorter... :?

Smokey Joe
01-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Options for SS next year...

Keep Brown and hope he stays healthy
Sign someone, Michael Lewis or AA (probably AA if we sign someone)
Draft someone

Hurricane Ditka
01-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't know... He is only 6'1", and probably shorter... :?That's a good thing. It's easier for him to get leverage on the taller offensive lineman, and it's harder for them to get leverage on him.

NYmoney
01-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't know... He is only 6'1", and probably shorter... :?That's a good thing. It's easier for him to get leverage on the taller offensive lineman, and it's harder for them to get leverage on him.

yea. why would his 6'1" frame matter? 6'1" is no problem.

bearsfan_51
01-04-2007, 10:08 AM

yea. why would his 6'1" frame matter? 6'1" is no problem.
Our DT's are general around 6'3. Not to mention that he'll likely have to lose weight, which would make him a little smallish for my liking. I also don't see the need to draft an under tackle to be the backup in the first round. Unless Ditka plans on playing him at NT, in which case I think there are much better options.

sweetness34
01-04-2007, 12:12 PM

1)Giants
2)Seahawks
3)Cowboys

Tell that to the Saints homers in the Super Bowl Prediction Thread. :roll:

I actually think they'll get upset in the 2nd Round. It's a great story but the fact remains that they don't have a very good defense, and no matter how "underrated" people say they are they don't have a very good defense, but that's my opinion. Plus they'll have to rely on the passing game to beat us, and I don't think Brees will be able to throw as much as he'd like in Chicago weather (assuming it's windy and cold).

Bearsfan123
01-04-2007, 02:51 PM

1)Giants
2)Seahawks
3)Cowboys

Tell that to the Saints homers in the Super Bowl Prediction Thread. :roll:

I actually think they'll get upset in the 2nd Round. It's a great story but the fact remains that they don't have a very good defense, and no matter how "underrated" people say they are they don't have a very good defense, but that's my opinion. Plus they'll have to rely on the passing game to beat us, and I don't think Brees will be able to throw as much as he'd like in Chicago weather (assuming it's windy and cold).

thats assuming we make it past the 2nd rd. As to what I believe we need to happen to win has been regurgitated so many times...

1. D needs to return to form-very difficult since we are missing 2 of our best players
2. offense needs to be mistake free-a big question mark. we never know which offense will show up. the one that put up 30 ppg or the one that has 4 tpg.
3.special teams is mistake free- easiest of them all. let them get back to what they have been doing.

sweetness34
01-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone ready the article about Rex not preparing very well for the Green Bay game?

Check out ESPN.com and read the article, it's on the right side, to lazy to find a link.

Again, I'm not as worried as some are about Rex's performance, or our team's performance that game. They looked flat right from the get go and Kramer said there was no emotion on the sidelines.

I guess Rex just kinda winged it in the game, and you could definitely tell. His reads looked slow, and his passes looked lazy and late. The OL didn't give him any help either, although I would like to see him step up in the pocket more when pressure comes, like Griese does.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 04:01 PM
If Ron Turner gets a head coaching job who do we hire to replace him? What happens to Benson and Jones? Since Benson was brought in for Turner's system. What happens to Rex? We could be losing both of our coordinators this off-season.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 04:37 PM
If Ron Turner gets a head coaching job who do we hire to replace him? What happens to Benson and Jones? Since Benson was brought in for Turner's system. What happens to Rex? We could be losing both of our coordinators this off-season.
Who is looking to hire Turner? And if we did lose him, not that big of a loss, IMO. His play calling has been very suspect at times this year. I would want to bring in someone from San Diego to be our OC.

TitleTown088
01-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Rex grossman played bad because New years was comming up eh? I think some one likes the sauce a little too much.

sweetness34
01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Rex grossman played bad because New years was comming up eh? I think some one likes the sauce a little too much.

Yep. :D

I guess Angelo's pissed though about it.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 07:02 PM

I guess Angelo's pissed though about it.Angelo said Rex is playing for his job in the play-offs today on The Score. He also said he wanted to cut Tank Johnson. Confirming both my suspcions about drafting a quarterback and defensive tackle early.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 08:27 PM

I guess Angelo's pissed though about it.Angelo said Rex is playing for his job in the play-offs today on The Score. He also said he wanted to cut Tank Johnson. Confirming both my suspcions about drafting a quarterback and defensive tackle early.
He said he wanted to cut Tank? If so, hello Mr. Okoye! And with Rex's play this season and his recent comments, the only way I see Grossman returning is if he leads the team to the Superbowl. Call me crazy, but I don't see that happening. If we do go for a QB, I would like Edwards in the 2nd, or a trade up for Brohm if he comes out.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM

He said he wanted to cut Tank? If so, hello Mr. Okoye! And with Rex's play this season and his recent comments, the only way I see Grossman returning is if he leads the team to the Superbowl. Call me crazy, but I don't see that happening. If we do go for a QB, I would like Edwards in the 2nd, or a trade up for Brohm if he comes out.

He said he WANTED to cut Tank.. Not that he's going to now.

We didn't draft Dusty in the 3rd last year for nothing.. He's the backup plan if Tank gets into more legal trouble.

I think are DTs for the future are set..

We will not take a DT in round 1.

bearsfan_51
01-04-2007, 08:33 PM

Are you serious? That's really ******* canded, and borderline stupid considering the season isn't over yet. Then again, Jerry Angelo is Jesus in a suit, so he can do what he wants.

If someone could come across a transcript of that I would greatly appreciate it.

bearsfan_51
01-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I have no idea why the Dolphins are talking to him. I like Turner as much as anybody, but he's not getting a head coaching job, at least not in the NFL.

Honestly I think it's 50/50 that Rivera doesn't get a job this year either.

I kinda hope he moves on though, he's ready to leave, and I think Babich is ready to be the DC and would prevent things from becoming a little too stagnent.

SFbear
01-04-2007, 08:36 PM

I guess Angelo's pissed though about it.Angelo said Rex is playing for his job in the play-offs today on The Score. He also said he wanted to cut Tank Johnson. Confirming both my suspicions about drafting a quarterback and defensive tackle early.

Lovie and Angelo are just playing good cop, bad cop.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 08:39 PM

He said he WANTED to cut Tank.. Not that he's going to now.

We didn't draft Dusty in the 3rd last year for nothing.. He's the backup plan if Tank gets into more legal trouble.

I think are DTs for the future are set..

We will not take a DT in round 1.
You don't say you wanted to cut a player during a playoff run. BUt then again, like 51 said, Angelo is Jesus in a suit.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 08:40 PM
I have no idea why the Dolphins are talking to him. I like Turner as much as anybody, but he's not getting a head coaching job, at least not in the NFL.

Honestly I think it's 50/50 that Rivera doesn't get a job this year either.

I kinda hope he moves on though, he's ready to leave, and I think Babich is ready to be the DC and would prevent things from becoming a little too stagnent.
Oh, I hope Miami goes crazy and signs Turner to be their coach.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 09:08 PM
As I keep seeing it in mocks, I'm starting not to hate the Troy Smith pick. We've tried the "pocket passers", but we've never really had a quarterback that could even be close to considered mobile, other than Kordell Stewart at the tail-end of his career. Although Smith will have trouble seeing over the line, he's mobile enough to make things happen. And he has a cannon. If Grossman does play his way out of the job, I wouldn't hate the pick. And I know because he's from OSU you'd secretly love it 51.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Trent Edwards in the second would be a better pick then Smith in the first. Edwards might not be a speed demon like Smith, but he can get outside the pocket and do some running. Plus, he can see above the line of scrimmage.

bearsfan_51
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
As I keep seeing it in mocks, I'm starting not to hate the Troy Smith pick. We've tried the "pocket passers", but we've never really had a quarterback that could even be close to considered mobile, other than Kordell Stewart at the tail-end of his career. Although Smith will have trouble seeing over the line, he's mobile enough to make things happen. And he has a cannon. If Grossman does play his way out of the job, I wouldn't hate the pick. And I know because he's from OSU you'd secretly love it 51.
I'm not really that much of a Buckeyes fan, I'm just from Ohio, and it's law that you have to at least watch them here.

As for the pick, I wouldn't hate it if Angelo is serious about shipping out Grossman.

I posted this in the Lions thread, but I'll put it here as well, I think Rex Grossman could be the future QB of the Lions. Remember when we first hired Terry Shea to run the Air Coryell offense? That's the kind of offense Grossman is best suited for and I think Martz could actually do wonders with the kid.

I mean they would still suck, and he'd still throw mountains of picks, but still...

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
We need a game manager who can make things happen when needed. Not a gunslinger who loves to pass, even if he sucks at it.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm not really that much of a Buckeyes fan, I'm just from Ohio, and it's law that you have to at least watch them here.

As for the pick, I wouldn't hate it if Angelo is serious about shipping out Grossman.

I posted this in the Lions thread, but I'll put it here as well, I think Rex Grossman could be the future QB of the Lions. Remember when we first hired Terry Shea to run the Air Coryell offense? That's the kind of offense Grossman is best suited for and I think Martz could actually do wonders with the kid.

I mean they would still suck, and he'd still throw mountains of picks, but still...Grossman doesn't fit in the WCO because he can't make the short throws, although Smith never throws the short throws either. Which after more consideration, I rescind my approval of Troy Smith. The talent at the end of the first round just isn't there for quarter backs. If Angelo commits to finding a new franchise QB, I don't want him to half ass it. We need to do what the Broncos did and deal up for a QB.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 09:29 PM
We need a game manager who can make things happen when needed. Not a gunslinger who loves to pass, even if he sucks at it.I disagree. The defense did it's best when the offense was lighting up the score board. We need a consistent offense, that doesn't turn the ball over, but manages to get points, and eat the clock. If Benson takes over next year, (which we all know we will) I think our TOP will see a healthy increase, but we might be less productive point wise. I'd like to see Turner leave, I don't like his constantly changing offensive identity. With Terry Shea we were a passing team, and we were supposed to recommit to the run when Turner was hired, but we've done nothing of the sort. I want an offensive coordinator that understands the talent we have better, and finds an identity. I really think firing Terry Shea was a mistake, but that's beside the point.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm not saying Kyle Orton type of game manager, but more like what Steve McNair is now with the Ravens. He manages the game, but can put up points, and lead the team from behind.

I really would like a trade up for Brohm though.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm not saying Kyle Orton type of game manager, but more like what Steve McNair is now with the Ravens. He manages the game, but can put up points, and lead the team from behind.

I really would like a trade up for Brohm though.I don't think he'll come out. I'd trade up for Quinn and Russell, but we'll need to trade up too far. I'd like Brohm more than the other options we wouldn't need to give up an arm and a leg for.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 09:52 PM

I really would like a trade up for Brohm though.I don't think he'll come out. I'd trade up for Quinn and Russell, but we'll need to trade up too far. I'd like Brohm more than the other options we wouldn't need to give up an arm and a leg for.
We'd have to give up our whole first day, next years first day, and probably some more to move within reach of Quinn or Russell. Quinn might fall to the 10-15 range though, and if he does, that would be whole lost easier to get to. I hope Brohm comes out though. If not, I think our best choice is to go after someone in the second.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Alright, I've been thinking about Jerry Angelo's tendencies, his drafts are opposites of each other. In 05 he drafted all flashy offensive picks, in 06 he traded down for quieter defensive picks. This year he'll trade up.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Jerry Angelo is like god... He works in mysterious ways. Trying to find out Jerry Angelo's draft techniques and tendecies is like trying to find out the meaning of life. It can't be done.

Rads3388
01-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Alright, I've been thinking about Jerry Angelo's tendencies, his drafts are opposites of each other. In 05 he drafted all flashy offensive picks, in 06 he traded down for quieter defensive picks. This year he'll trade up.
Highly doubt it. He's never traded up before, why do it now, for a QB who is unproven. I would not want Quinn; never won the big game this year, against Michigan, USC, and LSU. All 3 have great defenses, but if he's as well of a QB he's supposed to be, shouldn't he have done well enough to put his team in a position to win? Yes, he did pretty well against USC, and his defense was definitely spotty, but as a high level QB, he should guide his team to victory. I don't think he's worth trading up for; in fact, no QB is really worth trading up for, especially what we would have to give up. I'd rather stay in that spot, bring in some young talent on the offensive line, and shore up some more spots and give Rex a shot.

Bearsfan123
01-04-2007, 11:43 PM
anyone willin to wait a year?

we could always give Griese the reigns for a year and then draft a QB next year.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2007, 11:44 PM

we could always give Griese the reigns for a year and then draft a QB next year.
I would rather have a QB learn under Griese then have them start right away...

Maybe Matt Schaub? Would cost at least out first.

Bearsfan123
01-04-2007, 11:48 PM

I would rather have a QB learn under Griese then have them start right away...

Maybe Matt Schaub? Would cost at least out first.

isnt he nearly as unproven as a rook? yeah hes had some experience, but not much.

Hurricane Ditka
01-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Grossman is going to make this all moot when he plays to his potential in the playoffs.

Bearsfan123
01-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Grossman is going to make this all moot when he plays to his potential in the playoffs.

poor man. Suffers from delusions of grandeur. Sad thing it is.

Take off the blind fold man. I respect that you're trying to remain positive, but honestly the playoffs look grim for the Bears. As of right now we cant stop anyone nor score. So we had all better pray for a miracle.

Smokey Joe
01-05-2007, 12:49 AM

poor man. Suffers from delusions of grandeur. Sad thing it is.

Take off the blind fold man. I respect that you're trying to remain positive, but honestly the playoffs look grim for the Bears. As of right now we cant stop anyone nor score. So we had all better pray for a miracle.
I think he was being sarcastic...

SFbear
01-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Honestly I dont know what to expect in the playoffs. I dont know if well be able to just flip a switch and return to form.

I do know the last time we played in games that didnt mean anything our defense played like crap and we were calling for Grossman to be benched. Then as soon as we played in games that meant something to this team we beat the living **** out of everybody in our path.

This team loves being called the underdog and then punching someone in the mouth to make a statement. Everybody's jumped off the bandwagon and the media has left us for dead. What better way to enter into the playoffs. :D

I hope :(

NYmoney
01-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Hurricane,
I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with Brohm. Someone once said that Brohm looks like Tim Couch, and that is amazingly true. He really doesn't have the mobility, and he makes poor decisions. I believe Brohm is a product of the Louisville system. Now I would love to hear why he would be a good fit because I don't see it at all.

Hurricane Ditka
01-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Hurricane,
I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with Brohm. Someone once said that Brohm looks like Tim Couch, and that is amazingly true. He really doesn't have the mobility, and he makes poor decisions. I believe Brohm is a product of the Louisville system. Now I would love to hear why he would be a good fit because I don't see it at all.A. It's Ditka or HD, B. It's sir. 4. I was half kidding about the Grossman in the play offs, but I don't hell be tossed to the scrap heap after 1 full season.

Smokey Joe
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Hurricane,
I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with Brohm. Someone once said that Brohm looks like Tim Couch, and that is amazingly true. He really doesn't have the mobility, and he makes poor decisions. I believe Brohm is a product of the Louisville system. Now I would love to hear why he would be a good fit because I don't see it at all.A. It's Ditka or HD, B. It's sir. 4. I was half kidding about the Grossman in the play offs, but I don't hell be tossed to the scrap heap after 1 full season.
Don't you mean C, Hurricane?

Hurricane Ditka
01-05-2007, 06:28 PM

Hurricane,
Don't you mean C, Hurricane?Gee, it's not like I was joking or anything. I never do that. Nope, no way no how.

Smokey Joe
01-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Hurricane,
Don't you mean C, Hurricane?Gee, it's not like I was joking or anything. I never do that. Nope, no way no how.
What are you talking about you freak?

bearsfan_51
01-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok let's hope that the Cowboys win and then Tony Romo gets hurt on the last play of the game. :twisted:

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Ok let's hope that the Cowboys win and then Tony Romo gets hurt on the last play of the game. :twisted:I think we can beat Tony Romo.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Ok let's hope that the Cowboys win and then Tony Romo gets hurt on the last play of the game. :twisted:I think we can beat Tony Romo.
I know we can beat Tony Romo, but the more injuries for all teams not named the Bears, the better.

BIG7BEN
01-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey,

The Steelers are going to interview Ron Rivera tomorrow from what i ave heard.

What are your opinions of him as a coach??? Do you think he would be a good HC for us???

Thanx for ur help!!!

btw, if u r wonderin where in the world i came from, well i was here before the draft last season to discuss the off-season and now i'm back again.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey,

What are your opinions of him as a coach??? Do you think he would be a good HC for us???

Thanx for ur help!!!

btw, if u r wonderin where in the world i came from, well i was here before the draft last season to discuss the off-season and now i'm back again.
Rivera personality-wise would fit in very well in Pittsburgh. He's relatively young, he's a former player, he's energetic, he's defensive-minded, and he's tough.

That being said, he'll run the Tampa 2 defense, which would likely require a re-structuring of the personel on the Steelers and considering that they still have a contending team, I don't think that would be the wisest move.

That being said, the Steelers like to keep coaches around for 10-15 years, so if they wanted to build longterm I think Rivera would be a good hire for any team.

BIG7BEN
01-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey,

Thanx for ur help!!!

Rivera personality-wise would fit in very well in Pittsburgh. He's relatively young, he's a former player, he's energetic, he's defensive-minded, and he's tough.

That being said, he'll run the Tampa 2 defense, which would likely require a re-structuring of the personel on the Steelers and considering that they still have a contending team, I don't think that would be the wisest move.

That being said, the Steelers like to keep coaches around for 10-15 years, so if they wanted to build longterm I think Rivera would be a good hire for any team.

thanx for the info!!!

:D :D :D

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Hey, if the Chiefs can play good D for one quarter after sucking the whole year on D, why can't the Bears play good D for the whole postseason after only sucking for a few games and have an extra week to plan!? :twisted:

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Lovie Smith at the Colts game.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Lovie got himself a white lady. :lol:

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 05:15 PM
:D I also noticed they were wearing matching clothes!

Borat
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
:D I also noticed they were wearing matching clothes!

I can't stand couples that dress alike. This ain't a Sadie Hawkins dance.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Jesus Christ. Both of these teams look TERRIBLE.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
By the way, our game is official on Sunday at 1 no matter who we play. This could be a nice advantage against Seattle who isn't used to playing that early.

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 08:45 PM
By the way, our game is official on Sunday at 1 no matter who we play. This could be a nice advantage against Seattle who isn't used to playing that early.
Sweet, 2 hours of 24 afterwards!!!

ChiFan24
01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Good Lord...you people are bashing Rex too? Why is it that no one is willing to look past a meaningless New Year's Eve game and realize that Rex has been great since the Vikings game? Remember the TB game? The St. Louis game? Anyone?

Rex is going to be just fine in the playoffs, and everyone is going to jump right back on his bandwagon. I'm dead serious.

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 10:23 PM
By the way, our game is official on Sunday at 1 no matter who we play. This could be a nice advantage against Seattle who isn't used to playing that early. It also might be an advantage since Seattle played like dogshit today.

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 10:30 PM
I think the Giants have no chance vs. the Eagles, so be ready for a rematch vs. Seattle! The Giants would be a rematch also though...

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Shaun Alexander limped off the field at the end of the game.

Mike Green was at ESPN Zone, saying "We've won too many games for people to be doubting us."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we cut him last year didn't we? Did they forget to tell him?

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 10:34 PM

Mike Green was at ESPN Zone, saying "We've won too many games for people to be doubting us."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we cut him last year didn't we? Did they forget to tell him?
traded for a 6th round pick, used to draft the great Tyler Reed or J.D. Runnels :roll:

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 10:36 PM

traded for a 6th round pick, used to draft the great Tyler Reed or J.D. Runnels :roll:I hope to god Mckie is healthy.

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 10:44 PM

traded for a 6th round pick, used to draft the great Tyler Reed or J.D. Runnels :roll:I hope to god Mckie is healthy.
I hope to god Grossman doesn't suck huge **** like Romo.

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 10:46 PM

I hope to god Grossman doesn't suck huge *********** like Romo.Rex Grossman passed all over the Seahawks in Week 4. And the Seahawks secondary is missing 3 of it's top 4 corners.

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 10:48 PM

I hope to god Grossman doesn't suck huge *********** like Romo.Rex Grossman passed all over the Seahawks in Week 4. And the Seahawks secondary is missing 3 of it's top 4 corners.
That was week 4. Grossman was God from weeks 1-4 and 6. He is no longer god...

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 10:49 PM

That was week 4. Grossman was God from weeks 1-4 and 6. He is no longer god...This game rests on the shoulders of Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson.

Edit: This is post 5555.

Bears_Fan
01-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Do you guys think we can afford to lose Thomas Jones in the offseason?

Jones leaving seems like a foregone conclusion, and Benson has looked good at times, but I am not sure we can replace Jones with Benson and Peterson. Although, we are supposed to be a run offense, and Grossman is out there passing the ball to DBs.

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes.

Smokey Joe
01-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Yes.
QFT

Benson is a work horse, and Peterson would be no. 2 on most teams...

bearfan
01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes we can afford to lose Jones. Maybe get someone to replace in rounds 4-6. Right now, IMO what he brings is:
Blocking
Leadership
Some decent running every once in a while

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes we can afford to lose Jones. Maybe get someone to replace in rounds 4-6. Right now, IMO what he brings is:
Blocking
Leadership
Some decent running every once in a whileBah. I've made it a point to watch his pass blocking and it's nothing to write home about. Neither of the Jones brothers will start again for their current teams after the conclusion of the Superbowl.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Noon on Sunday

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Alright I've thought about it. And although this year parallels last year's play-off situation, but I figured it doesn't. Carolina went into the playoffs hot, Seattle backed in losing 3 of their last 4. And barely winning the play-offs, Carolina shut out the Giants 23-0. I'm not going to even try and figure out what's going to happen next week.

ChiFan24
01-06-2007, 11:11 PM

I hope to god Grossman doesn't suck huge *********** like Romo.
I already confirmed that that is not possible. No one sucks **** as bad as Romo.

Rex = good QB.

sweetness34
01-06-2007, 11:14 PM

I already confirmed that that is not possible. No one sucks *********** as bad as Romo.

Rex = good QB.

Rex = talented QB who's inconsistent, much like Romo.

Hurricane Ditka
01-06-2007, 11:20 PM

I already confirmed that that is not possible. No one sucks *********** as bad as Romo.

Rex = good QB.

Rex = talented QB who's inconsistent, much like Romo.Tony Romo=Rex Grossman. Two "Gunslinging" Qb's who everyone likens to Brett Favre, and who lit the league on fire, until defense's adjusted to the way they played the game, and became the kings of inconsistency. Bad Rex has never showed up after a bye week. Rex was ****** against Arizona, and had the bye, and then ate San Fran for lunch.

Bears_Fan
01-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Blocking
Leadership
Some decent running every once in a while

It is the leadership/stability that will be the biggest loss. Is there a chance we will keep Jones?

sweetness34
01-06-2007, 11:25 PM

Rex = good QB.

Rex = talented QB who's inconsistent, much like Romo.Tony Romo=Rex Grossman. Two "Gunslinging" Qb's who everyone likens to Brett Favre, and who lit the league on fire, until defense's adjusted to the way they played the game, and became the kings of inconsistency. Bad Rex has never showed up after a bye week. Rex was *********** against Arizona, and had the bye, and then ate San Fran for lunch.

I agree on th Rexy = Romo part totally. Both are very talented, but are young, inexperienced, and inconsistent.

Rex holds our key to the SB, period. If he does well I love our chances, if not we are probably heading home early.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Then we're probably headed home early.

But after watching the game today I still think we'll beat Seattle and/or New York.

Hell, I don't see New Orleans beating us either.

Philly would have a good shot with their pass defense causing problems for Rex.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Good Lord...you people are bashing Rex too? Why is it that no one is willing to look past a meaningless New Year's Eve game and realize that Rex has been great since the Vikings game? Remember the TB game? The St. Louis game? Anyone?

Rex is going to be just fine in the playoffs, and everyone is going to jump right back on his bandwagon. I'm dead serious.
I expect a little more from my QB than the ability to manage a game against the worst defenses in the NFL. Call me crazy.

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 01:19 AM

I expect a little more from my QB than the ability to manage a game against the worst defenses in the NFL. Call me crazy.
Your crazy man!!! :shock:

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 01:23 AM
By the way, the Dallas game makes me so happy that we have the best special teams in the league. Hopefully Maynard doesn't suck monkey ass this time around in the playoffs, that was such an underated factor in last year's game.

And H-Ditka, I would assume Green was talking about the Seahawks, as that is the team he is currently under contract for. But I didn't hear the statement, so I don't know.

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 01:31 AM
I think Joe Staley is the perfect fit for the 1st round. Joe Staley, Staley the Bear. Coincedence? I think not.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 01:33 AM
I think Joe Staley is the perfect fit for the 1st round. Joe Staley, Staley the Bear. Coincedence? I think not.
Come to think of it, Staley the Bear should get a shot at OT. He has a massive frame and his eyes will penetrate your soul.

Seriously, just stare at him for a little while, the evil will consume your body.

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Come to think of it, Staley the Bear should get a shot at OT. He has a massive frame and his eyes will penetrate your soul.

Seriously, just stare at him for a little while, the evil will consume your body.
Too bad he is just a man in a fluffy possessed Bear costume :(

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah ok, and Santa isn't real.

60% of all Hawks fans on their website would rather face us than New Orleans.

Guess getting their arses kicked once wasn't enough.

On another poll I saw a few days ago, more people thought the Seahawks would make the Superbowl than us.

The level of disrespect is staggering.

ChiFan24
01-07-2007, 02:11 AM

I think the 23 TDs proves that he is a bit more than a game manager. The 20 picks proves it too, I guess.

And yes, Romo = Grossman is pretty valid (though I think Rex is better). Both QBs should be starting for their respective teams for years.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 02:14 AM

I think the 23 TDs proves that he is a bit more than a game manager. The 20 picks proves it too, I guess.

And yes, Romo = Grossman is pretty valid (though I think Rex is better). Both QBs should be starting for their respective teams for years.
What in the world are you basing Grossman being better than Romo?

I actually think game manager is a great compliment to Grossman. He's really not even very good at that. But the games you mentioned (St.Louis, Tampa) were ones in which they severely limited his options with a lot of checkdowns and what not.

sweetness34
01-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah ok, and Santa isn't real.

60% of all Hawks fans on their website would rather face us than New Orleans.

Guess getting their arses kicked once wasn't enough.

On another poll I saw a few days ago, more people thought the Seahawks would make the Superbowl than us.

The level of disrespect is staggering.

Eh, we've gotten that crap all year long. We were the best team in the NFC for about 2 weeks before the media turned their backs on us and chose New York (whom we crushed), then Dallas (who got crushed at home), then New Orleans (who lost to the lowly Redskins at home), and I think after the season they're still on the Saints.

It was like, "hey let's find anyone but the Bears to pick as the NFC's best squad."

But the thing is, we could just as easily lose this thing as we could win it. It all relies on Rex. In Rex we trust (whether or not you're comfortable with that is another story). :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 10:37 AM
By the way, the Dallas game makes me so happy that we have the best special teams in the league. Hopefully Maynard doesn't suck monkey ass this time around in the playoffs, that was such an underated factor in last year's game.

And H-Ditka, I would assume Green was talking about the Seahawks, as that is the team he is currently under contract for. But I didn't hear the statement, so I don't know.Well he was at the ESPN zone in Chicago, wearing a Bears hat, taking to a reporter in a segment about the Bears.

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 11:12 AM
http://www.seahawks.com/Team/Team.aspx

He is still with the Seahawks, but on IR. I highly doubt he would be in chicago cheering for the team that didn't even want him, instead of standing on the sidelines cheering for his team.

My guess, it was just a different skinny black guy named Mike Green.

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM

He is still with the Seahawks, but on IR. I highly doubt he would be in chicago cheering for the team that didn't even want him, instead of standing on the sidelines cheering for his team.

My guess, it was just a different skinny black guy named Mike Green.Then why he referred to as ex-Bears safety Mike Green, and wearing a Bears hat?

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 11:31 AM

My guess, it was just a different skinny black guy named Mike Green.Then why he referred to as ex-Bears safety Mike Green, and wearing a Bears hat?
Maybe some guy looking for attention?

NickBam
01-07-2007, 02:58 PM

Maybe some guy looking for attention?

Mike Green needs attention and lovin'.

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 03:18 PM
So which rematch will it be? The one we beat by 31, or the one we beat by 28?

NickBam
01-07-2007, 03:20 PM

31, but I'm kind of hoping for 28. I'm listening to Philly sports radio and they said the Bears flat out stink and Philly seems to have their hopes up. I'm excited for the Philly choke job.

Windy
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Eli Manning will prove how much he blows today. Watch it with your own eyes. Do it...Do it

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Eli Manning will prove how much he blows today. Watch it with your own eyes. Do it...Do itEli Mannign will manage to squeak out a win, and revert to blowing next week.

Windy
01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
no he will sucks lots of manmeats. this weeks

yea

thats how we do

-keak

sweetness34
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Don't put too much stock into that. Look at the Carolina game last year. We crushed them in the regular season and they crushed us in the post season.

Either one will be a tough game IMO, but I'd rather face hmmm probably Seattle. New York scares me if they start playing well.

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Don't put too much stock into that. Look at the Carolina game last year. We crushed them in the regular season and they crushed us in the post season.

Either one will be a tough game IMO, but I'd rather face hmmm probably Seattle. New York scares me if they start playing well.I know, I think I said I don't like the parallel of this year and last year. But those are the options.

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Well Seahawks it is.

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Da Bears 9,108,937,589,483
Seahawks -9,583,782,029,475,828,492,093,857,483,928,475,892

I think that is a pretty accurate prediction.

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh yeah, if Briggs leaves, Beason is the guy I want as his replacement...

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah, if Briggs leaves, Beason is the guy I want as his replacement...I still want Rufus the Great

Smokey Joe
01-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah, if Briggs leaves, Beason is the guy I want as his replacement...I still want Rufus the Great
You kidding me!? Beason the Beast > Rufus (Alexander) the Great

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
You kidding me!? Beason the Beast > Rufus (Alexander) the GreatWe could get Alexander mid second with a trade down, we'd have to spend a first on Beason.

Bearsfan123
01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
well, im happy the Bears got the Seahawks (although I wanted the Cowboys) im not thrilled because of our run d, but i guess its the best matchup...

we made it to the postseason, but we are gonna need some luck to win it all.

Go Bears!

bearsfan_51
01-07-2007, 09:01 PM
We didn't crush Carolina last year. The score was 13-3, and it was much closer than that. Steve Smith till had like 150-200 yards recieving, the only difference is that our DBs didn't fall down, and we were able to get to Delhomme, which he didn't do in the playoffs.

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
This game is going to be about Rex Grossman. Seattle has no legitimate starting corner back on their roster, he hasn't be to be able to not piss this one down the toilet.

Hurricane Ditka
01-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I take it back. This game is about Ron Turner. First off, he need to take that ****** little flat pass that has been in the play book since the days of John Shoop out of the play book, it doesn't work. He needs to establish the run, and help Rex get in a rhythm. Hand-cuff him like they against St Louis, Tampa and Detroit. If McKie is healthy he needs to be involved in the pass game, like when he was kicking ass and taking names. Des Clark need to be a big part of the offense too. We need to roll Rex out, and we need to pound the ball. Cedric and Thomas should both get close to 15 carries.

RockJock07
01-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Disclamer: Not a bear or hawk fan, but live in Chicago

I agree with your first post, It all hangs on Rex. If seattle can get pressure on him, Rex will do something dumb and throw into triple coverage. No one from Chicago is sold on Rex, and with good reason. If Rex has a good game then it will be close, if he throws a pic in the first half, it will be interesting to see what lovie does.

Secondly, the bears-D is another factor. The packers could not run the ball all year, and the pack had decent success on the ground. SA will have a big game and have 2TD's.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Disclamer: Not a bear or hawk fan, but live in Chicago

I agree with your first post, It all hangs on Rex. If seattle can get pressure on him, Rex will do something dumb and throw into triple coverage. No one from Chicago is sold on Rex, and with good reason. If Rex has a good game then it will be close, if he throws a pic in the first half, it will be interesting to see what lovie does.

Secondly, the bears-D is another factor. The packers could not run the ball all year, and the pack had decent success on the ground. SA will have a big game and have 2TD's.
If Rex has a good game we win by two touchdowns, easily.

By the way, your last statement could not be more wrong.

1)The Packers have run the ball pretty well
2)We pretty played well against the run in the Packer game
3)Shaun Alexander hasn't done anything since he came back from injury

thetedginnshow
01-08-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm actually almost 100% sure that Trufant will be starting. In any case, I think it's about which line dominates. If Seattle can't get pressure on Grossman, I don't care how inconsistent he has been, he's at least going to make some throws. But if they can force him into bad mistakes, they have a shot. When the Seahawks are on offense, it's very important that they control the LOS. Unlike most other teams where both sides work independently, the defense really feeds off the offense. And if there's pressure on Hasselbeck/the running game isn't much, there'll be problems.

Oh and as a side-note, our ST coverage is very inconsistent, so how they contain Hester could potentially be huge if the other facets of the Bears' team can't manage to score.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm actually almost 100% sure that Trufant will be starting. In any case, I think it's about which line dominates. If Seattle can't get pressure on Grossman, I don't care how inconsistent he has been, he's at least going to make some throws. But if they can force him into bad mistakes, they have a shot. When the Seahawks are on offense, it's very important that they control the LOS. Unlike most other teams where both sides work independently, the defense really feeds off the offense. And if there's pressure on Hasselbeck/the running game isn't much, there'll be problems.

Oh and as a side-note, our ST coverage is very inconsistent, so how they contain Hester could potentially be huge if the other facets of the Bears' team can't manage to score.
I agree with all of this. Seattle has had a pretty solid pass rush all year though no?

thetedginnshow
01-08-2007, 02:56 AM

I agree with all of this. Seattle has had a pretty solid pass rush all year though no?

I probably should have phrased that a little differently. The Seahawks need to be able to get pressure on Grossman with just the front four. Yes, they have a solid pass rush (I think they had the most sacks in the league), but they rarely do that with just the front four. It's mainly coming from help by the linebackers or safeties. Hell, even if Peterson is on the line and rushes it'd be fine, but we need to do it without having to send extra guys. Not that that's bad either, but they need to be able to apply pressure without sending help, because even Rex could pick apart that secondary with time.

And Berrian's playing right? We're susceptible to the deep ball, especially with Boulware back there. So, that's yet another thing for them to worry about.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 03:06 AM
John Clayton reports that Trufant "probably won't play".

NYmoney
01-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Hurricane,

If brohm somehow gets drafted, well actually looks like we don't need to worry about that. Brohm is supposedly staying another year, but that news was before Petrino left. Anyway, I don't think Angelo would want a qb whose arm is about as strong as Gumby's.

Windy
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
The Broncos will look to add a significant tailback. There might be more urgency than in recent years. One intriguing possibility, if the Bears want to trade him, could be Cedric Benson. -- Denver Post

Smokey Joe
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
who's the crack-pot who came up with that idea? Benson's cap hit would be devestating to the team, and why would the Bears even consider trading Benson?

The Broncos can have Jones for a 3rd round pick though...

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
The Broncos will look to add a significant tailback. There might be more urgency than in recent years. One intriguing possibility, if the Bears want to trade him, could be Cedric Benson. -- Denver Post
:lol: :lol:

No.

I love TJ, but even I can see we aren't trading Benson.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
The Broncos will look to add a significant tailback. There might be more urgency than in recent years. One intriguing possibility, if the Bears want to trade him, could be Cedric Benson. -- Denver PostCedric Benson won't be traded, unless the Bears get a return on their investment, and the Broncos aren't giving up a first round pick for him. Jones is a possibility though. And if they'll give up their third, I'd take it.

NYmoney
01-08-2007, 03:58 PM
The Broncos will look to add a significant tailback. There might be more urgency than in recent years. One intriguing possibility, if the Bears want to trade him, could be Cedric Benson. -- Denver PostCedric Benson won't be traded, unless the Bears get a return on their investment, and the Broncos aren't giving up a first round pick for him. Jones is a possibility though. And if they'll give up their third, I'd take it.

nice thought, but it won't happen. if you're Denver, why take an aging TJ when you can have a fresh Michael "The Burner" Turner?

NYmoney
01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
personally, i think benson will have another great game sunday. i'm looking for a 15 carry, 70 yrd productive game from this workhorse. he's really coming on of late.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 04:23 PM

nice thought, but it won't happen. if you're Denver, why take an aging TJ when you can have a fresh Michael "The Burner" Turner?Because Michael Turner is going to get a first round tender slapped on him.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Remember how dominant Tommie was ealier in the year vs Seattle?

Tank needs to step up HUGE.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Remember how dominant Tommie was ealier in the year vs Seattle?

Tank needs to step up HUGE.The ends need to step up as well.

Windy
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
http://209.85.62.26/6072/85/emo/cartman.gif

thetedginnshow
01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
John Clayton reports that Trufant "probably won't play".

Really? I'm surprised. Though I do expect him to play. D-Jack on the other hand... we'll see.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Mark Anderson will start at defensive end next season. Book it, write it down, remember it.

wolverinefan9013
01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Mark Anderson will start at defensive end next season. Book it, write it down, remember it.
I completely agree. His production has been great all year. Not many guys can get 12 sacks in limited playing time. He should definitely start next year as he fits in perfectly with this defense.

Smokey Joe
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
What do we do with OGUN then?

NYmoney
01-08-2007, 06:40 PM

100% disagree. he is so effective because he's a change of pace at the DE. plus, lovie already said that MA's success can be attributed to his infrequent play which doesn't allow OT's to find his idiosyncracies and flaws.

wolverinefan9013
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I think that will largely depend on what his current contract is. Alex Brown may be the one to be demoted from first team. Both are good players but you know that neither is going to want to be on the bench so I could see one of them not returning next year which is unfortunate because both have done well for the bears. But ultimately, I don't see how you can't start Anderson considering his production has been better than Brown's and Ogunleye's.

wolverinefan9013
01-08-2007, 06:52 PM

100% disagree. he is so effective because he's a change of pace at the DE. plus, lovie already said that MA's success can be attributed to his infrequent play which doesn't allow OT's to find his idiosyncracies and flaws.
Anderson burned Walter Jones earlier this year for two sacks. Trust me, it takes a great pass rusher to beat Jones, I think most people will agree on that. Anderson can definitely be a great starter. The reason for his success is not only because he is a change of pace DE, it's because of his athleticism/speed/strength combination. He may not be the biggest DE, but very few can match his athleticism and speed.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
What do we do with OGUN then?Nothing. I'd sit down Alex Brown, although that isn't very likely. Alex is too inconsistent of a pass rusher, although he makes up for some it with his contribution in the runsh defense. I take that back, but I think Anderson will eventually take over, soon rather than later.

Smokey Joe
01-08-2007, 09:37 PM
What do we do with OGUN then?Nothing. I'd sit down Alex Brown, although that isn't very likely. Alex is too inconsistent of a pass rusher, although he makes up for some it with his contribution in the runsh defense. I take that back, but I think Anderson will eventually take over, soon rather than later.
Brown has played much better then Ogun this year. But, like NYmoney said, I think Anderson should stick as situational pass rusher until he is ready to start, which he isn't yet.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Brown has played much better then Ogun this year. But, like NYmoney said, I think Anderson should stick as situational pass rusher until he is ready to start, which he isn't yet.When will you people learn I A. Say the first thing that comes into my head, B. Frequently jump to conclusions, and 5 3/4.

Smokey Joe
01-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Brown has played much better then Ogun this year. But, like NYmoney said, I think Anderson should stick as situational pass rusher until he is ready to start, which he isn't yet.When will you people learn I A. Say the first thing that comes into my head, B. Frequently jump to conclusions, and 5 3/4.
never...

NYmoney
01-08-2007, 09:55 PM
line for the game is now down to -8.5 looks like vegas thinks we got this game much more in the bag than this discussion board.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 10:45 PM
If Anderson starts, it will be over Alex Brown. Lovie has already said that is where the competition will be.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 10:46 PM
line for the game is now down to -8.5 looks like vegas thinks we got this game much more in the bag than this discussion board.
I think we'll win. This game is a given to me, if we don't win, then the whole season was more or less a wash. Last year it was fine to just make the playoffs, this year we have to at least win one game.

GB12
01-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I think they can takedown Seattle easily. The next round is where they could run into trouble.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I think they can takedown Seattle easily. The next round is where they could run into trouble.

Don't fool yourself GB, the bears will lose.

sweetness34
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Talk about that somewhere else, no need to come here and start talking crap. And considering you aren't in the playoffs, you really have no room to talk here.

Smokey Joe
01-08-2007, 11:04 PM
:lol: I love your avy...

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7141/att63613dd5nq7.jpg

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:06 PM

Talk about that somewhere else, no need to come here and start talking crap. And considering you aren't in the playoffs, you really have no room to talk here.

Is this not the BEARS team discussion? Are the BEARS not playing in the playoff game? Where else would i talk about my prediction? BTW How could I be in the playoffs when I don't play in the NFL?

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:07 PM

Oh yeah? here it is fullscale for ya....

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7576/att63613dd5.jpg

notice the facial expressions.

Hurricane Ditka
01-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I think this would be a good year for Jerry Angelo's hott butsex affair with Florida to start up again.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Actually I think the Seahawks present a more daunting challenge than New Orleans, and maybe even Philly after watching them struggle to beat a terrible Giants team.

We'll see. I'm not very confident about this Bears team in general, but this crop of opponents is so sorry, I feel pretty well about our ability to win the next two games. The problem is that the winner of the NFC will likely get smashed by whomever wins the AFC.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:16 PM

I can't wait for Favre to retire to watch you Packers fans all cry like pre-pubescent girls.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM

I can't wait for Favre to retire to watch you Packers fans all cry like pre-pubescent girls.

go to hell.

Smokey Joe
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM

:D I love the expressions on their face. KGB is like "Oh yeah *****!" and Grossman is like "Oh, whats that!?"

Classic.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:18 PM

:D I love the expressions on their face. KGB is like "Oh yeah *****!" and Grossman is like "Oh, whats that!?"

Classic.

exactly what i see.

Smokey Joe

:lol: :D :twisted: :lol: :D :twisted: :lol: :D :twisted: :lol: :D :lol: :D :shock:

bearsfan_51

go to hell.
:lol:

I can see it now. All of you huddled around arguing over who gets to suck his **** first.

"He's such a legend"

"Such a warrior"

"I wanna grab his ass..umm...i mean...such a legend"

GB12
01-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Actually I think the Seahawks present a more daunting challenge than New Orleans, and maybe even Philly after watching them struggle to beat a terrible Giants team.

We'll see. I'm not very confident about this Bears team in general, but this crop of opponents is so sorry, I feel pretty well about our ability to win the next two games. The problem is that the winner of the NFC will likely get smashed by whomever wins the AFC.

I don't know but for somereason I think they can beat Seattle with out a problem. If the Saints win I think they can easily get to the Super Bowl too.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:20 PM

I don't know but for somereason I think they can beat Seattle with out a problem. If the Saints win I think they can easily get to the Super Bowl too.
The Saints are such a fluff team.

Every opponent that has punched them in the mouth, they've folded.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:23 PM

go to hell.
:lol:

I can see it now. All of you huddled around arguing over who gets to suck his *********** first.

"He's such a legend"

"Such a warrior"

"I wanna grab his ass..umm...i mean...such a legend"

I already have it planned out, When number 4 retires I am buying a homewreker of Wild Turkey 101 and drinking until i cannot feel the pain anymore. This process with most likely be repeated for atleased three months. Next, I will continue to drink myself to death and talk about number 4 for another 20 years. My life will be over when he hangs them up.

Windy
01-08-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.cheeseheaduniversity.com/images/Img349.gif

sweetness34
01-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Is this not the BEARS team discussion? Are the BEARS not playing in the playoff game? Where else would i talk about my prediction? BTW How could I be in the playoffs when I don't play in the NFL?

But the backing to why you said what you said was to try and bash the Bears. You guys got all menstral on the Bear fans who went into your forum after we schlacked you in Week 1. Especially those who said we were overrated and were going to lose.

I don't mind a prediction, like a score prediction, but the way you said it didn't sit to well with me. Like there was no chance for us to win this game.

"Don't kid yourself, the Bears are going to lose" from my POV is bashing.

GB12
01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I agree with you sweetness but I didn't think it was that bad.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Every team that plays in a dome sucks.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I agree with you sweetness but I didn't think it was that bad.
It's all good. It's just his opinion.

sweetness34
01-08-2007, 11:30 PM

The Saints are such a fluff team.

Every opponent that has punched them in the mouth, they've folded.

Yup, they go out and kick the **** outta Dallas, and then get smacked by Washington the week after.

We lost our two games this season because Rex decided to play like **** and turn the ball over a zillion times. Miami did nothing to beat us except take 4 drives inside the 25 for TD's. And we were right in the New England game and had a chance to win it.

Although I'd still be nervous to face them if we win on Sunday and if they win.

Number 10
01-08-2007, 11:32 PM
You guys got this one in the bag.....no problem.

Saints-Bears would be a game that I would really really really look forward to watching.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Every team that plays in a dome sucks.yes, sir.

And sweetness you need to learn how to take a joke. Come into the packers room and say we will lose every game beforehand next year , i don't care.

Windy
01-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I think the Packers need to show more respect. They lack discipline and toughness. They have too many mongrels and elves. Git er dun

sweetness34
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Saints-Bears would be a game that I would really really really look forward to watching.

We've got nothing in the bag my friend. Trust me. I'm nervous as **** about Sunday (haha well I'm nervous as **** about every game). :lol:

Hass and Alexander are still dangerous players and all it takes is one game for them to go off and they can put up some points. Sure it's a game we SHOULD win but nothing is a guarantee in this league.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM

And sweetness you need to learn how to take a joke. Come into the packers room and say we will lose every game beforehand next year , i don't care.
Maybe you don't, but there are countless Packers fans that cried like little girls when I posted in the Packers thread. I know because the mods told me. They had to create a seperate file just for me because so many Packers fans were whining. I have no problem with people talking it up in here, but it has to go both ways.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I think the Packers need to show more respect. They lack discipline and toughness. They have too many mongrels and elves. Git er dun

windy arn't you from minny?

bearsfan_51
It's true. It's damn true.

bearfan

We've got nothing in the bag my friend. Trust me. I'm nervous as *********** about Sunday (haha well I'm nervous as *********** about every game). :lol:

Hass and Alexander are still dangerous players and all it takes is one game for them to go off and they can put up some points. Sure it's a game we SHOULD win but nothing is a guarantee in this league.

Yeah, my dad and I have a bad feeling about this sunday as well. If we play the way we have been, we lose. End of story

bearsfan_51

"Windy City"

Think about it.

Windy
01-08-2007, 11:38 PM

"Windy City"

Think about it.

I would be Twin City Big Gamer Uno.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:38 PM

We've got nothing in the bag my friend. Trust me. I'm nervous as *********** about Sunday (haha well I'm nervous as *********** about every game). :lol:

Yeah, my dad and I have a bad feeling about this sunday as well. If we play the way we have been, we lose. End of story
That's just the nature of Bears fans, especially those from Chicago.

It's the same as Cleveland fans. I've learned this over the years. It's one reason why Bears fans annoy me sometimes, they're completely over the top when things are going well, then freak the **** out when things even start to go bad.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:39 PM

Maybe you don't, but there are countless Packers fans that cried like little girls when I posted in the Packers thread. I know because the mods told me. They had to create a seperate file just for me because so many Packers fans were whining. I have no problem with people talking it up in here, but it has to go both ways.

whinning to the mods? ha, I can assure you that wasn't me. If any packers fans did that they seriously need to get the sand outta their vaginas.

sweetness34
01-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Exactly what I was trying to say (and no I didn't COSIGN your post 51). :lol:

Don't ***** about us posting in your forum and then come in here and post crap. Because I know if we said ANYTHING like that to some of you guys, all hell would break lose and you'd go ape **** about it. It's not that it was bad what you said, it's the fact that you guys won't let us do it, and then you come into our forum and do it.

Honestly, if a Viking or Lion fan said that, I wouldn't care, but because of what happened earlier in the year in your forum, that got me on edge when I read it.

GB12

There is a "group" of Packer fans that contribute good knowledge and are quality posters. After that there is a major drop off.

TitleTown088

"Windy City"

Think about it.

yeah, i guess, but i just always thought you were for some reason because i thought i saw you say you knew yoda or somtihng like that. How does some one from chicago start to like a west coast team?

SFbear
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM

whinning to the mods? ha, I can assure you that wasn't me. If any packers fans did that they seriously need to get the sand outta their vaginas.

I agree. Whats the point of a healthy rivalry if you cant ruffle a few feathers.

bearsfan_51
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM

"Windy City"

Think about it.

yeah, i guess, but i just always thought you were for some reason because i thought i saw you say you knew yoda or somtihng like that. How does some one from chicago start to like a west coast team?
The Raiders need him more. :lol:

Windy
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM

"Windy City"

Think about it.

Family Reasons. It dates back to the early 20s and late 50s give or take. The history has been there as raiders fans per say as the success "tides in" if you will. yes i believe so.

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:43 PM

I agree. Whats the point of a healthy rivalry if you cant ruffle a few feathers.

Precisely.

Windy
01-08-2007, 11:43 PM

"Windy City"

Think about it.

The Raiders need him more. :lol:

lol

sik wit it
01-08-2007, 11:48 PM

it wasn't that you posted, it was what was in your postssssssss. good luck this weekend

TitleTown088
01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah, anyways. This is my deep analysis for the bears in the playoffs. Can Rex Grossman play consecutive games without his ugly side showing?

sweetness34
01-08-2007, 11:58 PM

it wasn't that you posted, it was what was in your postssssssss. good luck this weekend

It didn't help that drowe disprescted our franchise with his comments on Walter Payton. I don't care where you post, you say that about #34 and his legacy in Chicago, we're going to have problems.

But during the week leading up to the game, a lot of you guys were saying we were overrated and that we were going to lose to you. And 51 was in there saying that we were going to win this one. And some of you bashed him for that saying he was a homer. But when we won, he went back in and basically said "I told you so." But like I said, if you didn't like what was going on in there, then don't come in here and do the same thing.

TitleTown088
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM

It didn't help that drowe disprescted our franchise with his comments on Walter Payton. I don't care where you post, you say that about #34 and his legacy in Chicago, we're going to have problems.

But during the week leading up to the game, a lot of you guys were saying we were overrated and that we were going to lose to you. And 51 was in there saying that we were going to win this one. And some of you bashed him for that saying he was a homer. But when we won, he went back in and basically said "I told you so." But like I said, if you didn't like what was going on in there, then don't come in here and do the same thing.

what do you expect us to say? It's packers vs bears week. You want us to say were going to lose?

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM
yeah, anyways. This is my deep analysis for the bears in the playoffs. Can Rex Grossman play consecutive games without his ugly side showing?

I am not worried about the Green Bay game one bit.

A) He didn't prepare

B) He said he wasn't focused

C) Our whole team blew that game off, listen to what Kramer said about our guys on the sidelines

Rex was darn good the previous 3 weeks (well ok the Detroit game he was ok but again that was a blow off game). Against Tampa and St. Louis he was very good and in those games he had the most telling stat, 0 TURNOVERS!

Lovie will have a quick leash on Rexy if he plays bad, trust me. I think Lovie is done with the whole, "Rex is our guy" ordeal. He wants to win, and if Griese gives us the best chance to win, he'll pull the trigger.

Like I've said before, when we're on our game, we're the best team in the NFC IMO. I'm actually more concerned about our D than I am about Rexy right now (I know, shocking).

TitleTown088
01-09-2007, 12:04 AM

A) He didn't prepare

C) Our whole team blew that game off, listen to what Kramer said about our guys on the sidelines

Rex was darn good the previous 3 weeks (well ok the Detroit game he was ok but again that was a blow off game). Against Tampa and St. Louis he was very good and in those games he had the most telling stat, 0 TURNOVERS!

Lovie will have a quick leash on Rexy if he plays bad, trust me. I think Lovie is done with the whole, "Rex is our guy" ordeal. He wants to win, and if Griese gives us the best chance to win, he'll pull the trigger.

Like I've said before, when we're on our game, we're the best team in the NFC IMO. I'm actually more concerned about our D than I am about Rexy right now (I know, shocking).

I'm sorry but IMO for Rex to say that is a terrible excuse, he is a professional football player, he should be well prepared week in and week out. IF Rex can play like he did early in the season the bears can go real deep, but yeah your defense is not playing like usual either.

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:10 AM

A) He didn't prepare

I'm sorry but IMO for Rex to say that is a terrible excuse, he is a professional football player, he should be well prepared week in and week out. IF Rex can play like he did early in the season the bears can go real deep, but yeah your defense is not playing like usual either.

Every player makes mistakes, so he ****** up by not preparing, oh well. He'll learn.

Sure it's a bad excuse but you could tell something was not right. Just the way he was making his reads and throwing the ball I had a sense something was off. And it didn't look like lost Rexy. Hell our whole team looked like they took the week off, not just Rex.

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:14 AM

what do you expect us to say? It's packers vs bears week. You want us to say were going to lose?

Oh but when the game was over and 51 called out those who said we were overrated, many of you didn't want anything to do with it and got all pissed off (not you tt).

Anywho, let's drop this argument. Btw, if you want to say, "I think the Bears will by this score to Seattle, because..."insert explanation") I'm ok with that. But from what it looked like you were trying to bash the Bears and with what happened earlier in the season, that didn't sit right with me.

Sure the Bears could lose Sunday; hell even the Chargers could lose Sunday. Honestly, there is not one "dominant" team in the NFL right now. Every single team has flaws going into the playoffs from what I've seen.

Windy
01-09-2007, 12:24 AM
lmao at the fitness guy

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:26 AM
lmao at the fitness guy

Huh? :? :lol:

NYmoney
01-09-2007, 12:38 AM

wrong. seattle hasn't beaten an abover .500% team yet. hasselbeck sux. alexander isn't 100%. we win. end of story.

NYmoney
01-09-2007, 12:46 AM
top three reasons why we win:

1.) benson is heating up

2.) week off to rest up and prepare

3.) four of the top five seattle db's are out with injuries

and oh hell 4.) seattle did win due to romo not being able to take a ball and put it upright on the ground. end of story seattle.

we win this game, and if we don't then everyone can discount any comment i ever have to say. grossman shows up, and the defense will stop alexander. urlacher is the perfect antidote to the potency formerly known as shaun. with tillman back, we can stop branch and their other wr's. not worried about this game. Winners. get your ditka sweaters out. we're going to rock seattle. Bears win. Da Bears!!!

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:52 AM

1.) benson is heating up

and oh hell 4.) seattle did win due to romo not being able to take a ball and put it upright on the ground. end of story seattle.

we win this game, and if we don't then everyone can discount any comment i ever have to say. grossman shows up, and the defense will stop alexander. urlacher is the perfect antidote to the potency formerly known as shaun. with tillman back, we can stop branch and their other wr's. not worried about this game. Winners. get your ditka sweaters out. we're going to rock seattle. Bears win. Da Bears!!!

Top Reasons we lose....

1) Rex Grossman shows bad side (ie Miami, Arizona, Minnesota)

2) Our pass D keeps playing like it has and allowing big plays

3) Turnovers (we are prone to them, in bunches)

Those are my concerns. I think our running game will be very good and I think our run D will be good as well. My concern lies with our passing game, and our pass defense. If both show up, we take this one without question IMO, if both don't, it could be rough.

I'm trying to stay humble right now. Because anything can happen in sports.

NYmoney
01-09-2007, 01:10 AM

1.) benson is heating up

Top Reasons we lose....

1) Rex Grossman shows bad side (ie Miami, Arizona, Minnesota)

2) Our pass D keeps playing like it has and allowing big plays

3) Turnovers (we are prone to them, in bunches)

Those are my concerns. I think our running game will be very good and I think our run D will be good as well. My concern lies with our passing game, and our pass defense. If both show up, we take this one without question IMO, if both don't, it could be rough.

I'm trying to stay humble right now. Because anything can happen in sports.

i completely agree that anything can happen, but seattle didn't beat any team that is laudable at best. they lacked a significant win, and their win AT HOME was because of romo showing his true colors. Also, you pointed out 3 games that Rex played poorly, and there are 13 others in which he didn't cost (or nearly cost) us the game. he'll be there this weekend. plus, the D is pissed about how they were dissed in the GB game.

thetedginnshow
01-09-2007, 01:23 AM
This actually has the makings of a great game like the Dallas one. Well, either that or Chicago fairly easily takes care of the Seahawks.

But is Hester hurt or are you guys just forgetting him? Because don't forget, our ST let freaking Miles Austin get a KR TD, so there's no telling what Hester can do, especially in Chicago.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 01:54 AM
This actually has the makings of a great game like the Dallas one. Well, either that or Chicago fairly easily takes care of the Seahawks.

But is Hester hurt or are you guys just forgetting him? Because don't forget, our ST let freaking Miles Austin get a KR TD, so there's no telling what Hester can do, especially in Chicago.
Hester is healthy. I don't mention Hester because he's an outside factor. If he can get us good field position, great. However, if we have to count on him to bail us out with a score, we're going to lose.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 01:55 AM

wrong. seattle hasn't beaten an abover .500% team yet. hasselbeck sux. alexander isn't 100%. we win. end of story.
A lot of the things you said are either completely wrong, or personal opinion.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 01:56 AM

So what? So I post in your thread. Stop being a little ***** and grow a pair.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 02:00 AM

A) He didn't prepare

Pssh...whatever.

Hopefully we find someone other than Grossman to be our QB of the future. Or he turns into Joe Montana for the playoffs.

I've never liked the guy. He just seems like a dumbass. His comments to the media only confirm that in my mind. If he can play, cool, if not, he's had more than enough chances to establish himself. If he has a terrible game on Sunday we should cut/trade him and move on.

bearfan
01-09-2007, 07:48 AM

That's just the nature of Bears fans, especially those from Chicago.

It's the same as Cleveland fans. I've learned this over the years. It's one reason why Bears fans annoy me sometimes, they're completely over the top when things are going well, then freak the *********** out when things even start to go bad.

Yeah, but we take into account:
-Defense not as good as it was early on
-Which Grossman will show up
-Seahawks have SA back, when we beat them they didnt.

Not that I am freaking out, but i see us right on par with a lot of teams. So IMO the Hawks could beat us depending on how the defense and Grossman play

NYmoney
01-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Let's examine my comments. Seattle hasn't beaten 1 team above .500%. Fact. Hasselbeck's QB rating is 76.0. He has 18td's and 15 picks. And please see the prior page where there were comments about Alexander limping off the field. So where are the incorrect comments and opinions? What is not factually based?

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 09:49 AM

Let's examine my comments. Seattle hasn't beaten 1 team above .500%. Fact. Hasselbeck's QB rating is 76.0. He has 18td's and 15 picks. And please see the prior page where there were comments about Alexander limping off the field. So where are the incorrect comments and opinions? What is not factually based?
Is Dallas a team above .500? Cause I recall them beating the Cowboys about 3 days ago.

Hasselbeck has certainly struggled this year, but to imply that he "sucks" is idiotic. He's still a pro-bowl Quarterback, and could have a good game at any time. Most of his really bad games came before Alexander returned from injury.

Just because he limped off the field doesn't mean he's injured. Unless you can provide a medical report, which you can't untill 3 pm this afternoon, you're purely speculating. Again, not a fact.

And the "we win, end of story" is of course speculative.

So there you have it. Four comments, one of them completely wrong, three of them up for debate.

NYmoney
01-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Is Dallas a team above .500? Cause I recall them beating the Cowboys about 3 days ago.

Hasselbeck has certainly struggled this year, but to imply that he "sucks" is idiotic. He's still a pro-bowl Quarterback, and could have a good game at any time. Most of his really bad games came before Alexander returned from injury.

Just because he limped off the field doesn't mean he's injured. Unless you can provide a medical report, which you can't untill 3 pm this afternoon, you're purely speculating. Again, not a fact.

So there you have it. Four comments, one of them completely wrong, three of them up for debate.

Sorry. it's during the regular season that they didn't beat anyone above .500% And for anyone to say that Seattle soundly defeated Dallas clearly didn't watch the whole game. I'm not impressed one bit with their victory over Dallas.

Hasselbeck is not a pro bowl qb. brees, bulger, and romo (God I hate saying that) are. Hasselbeck's not the same man he was last year.

As for Shaun, I agree. It is speculative, but that doesn't mean there are not comments all over these boards that support that claim.

So the .500% fact stands (my apologies for not adding the disclaimer of regular season). Hasselbeck does suck this year. Shaun's injury appears to remain in question. And we win because "we're 13-3 with Rex as our qb..."--lovie. gotta love that quote. might even beat out Green's "they were who we thought they were" quote.

bearfan
01-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Sorry. it's during the regular season that they didn't beat anyone above .500% And for anyone to say that Seattle soundly defeated Dallas clearly didn't watch the whole game. I'm not impressed one bit with their victory over Dallas.

Hasselbeck is not a pro bowl qb. brees, bulger, and romo (God I hate saying that) are. Hasselbeck's not the same man he was last year.

As for Shaun, I agree. It is speculative, but that doesn't mean there are not comments all over these boards that support that claim.

So the .500% fact stands (my apologies for not adding the disclaimer of regular season). Hasselbeck does suck this year. Shaun's injury appears to remain in question. And we win because "we're 13-3 with Rex as our qb..."--lovie. gotta love that quote. might even beat out Green's "they were who we thought they were" quote.

So because Hasselback isnt having the same year he did last year, he isnt a good QB? I think that Matt is a great QB, i dont care if he is probowl or not, the talent is there and he knows how to make things happen. Now maybe he isnt having the year he did last year because he was injured for some of them, and his recievers have been injured as well. That definantly will cause off timing. Or his O-Line isnt as good as last year. Either way, you can not take away from what he is....a pro-bowl caliber QB.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Actually no, you're still wrong. They also beat the Broncos (arguably better than any team we've beaten all year). I only used the Cowboys because they were the most recent. Given your tendency to make outrageous statements you should at least take the 5 seconds it takes to go to NFL.com to make sure they are factually correct.

Smokey Joe
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
GO BEARS!

TitleTown088
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725276

Yeah ,ok, and OJ was inocent too.

How does he think he is not guilty? Am i missing somthing?

Hurricane Ditka
01-09-2007, 03:53 PM

How does he think he is not guilty? Am i missing somthing?The guns are legalized registered under his name is the state of Arizona, where he is a legal resident.

Hurricane Ditka
01-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I think we should try and exploit Seattle's weak secondary through the run game, get Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson out in space against the weaker members of their secondary, and they'll be getting some decent gains.;

TitleTown088
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM

How does he think he is not guilty? Am i missing somthing?The guns are legalized registered under his name is the state of Arizona, where he is a legal resident.

ok i see.

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I think we should try and exploit Seattle's weak secondary through the run game, get Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson out in space against the weaker members of their secondary, and they'll be getting some decent gains.;

Hell yes. Run the ball down their friggin throats. Set up the passing game with the running game.

I'd like to see a heavy dose of Cedric Benson early. I think he could do some serious damage against Seattles Defense.

wolverinefan9013
01-09-2007, 04:23 PM

Hell yes. Run the ball down their friggin throats. Set up the passing game with the running game.

I'd like to see a heavy dose of Cedric Benson early. I think he could do some serious damage against Seattles Defense.
That is what the bears need to do and will be important in the game. It would take a lot of pressure off of Rex and would eat up the clock at the same time. I also like the idea of getting Cedric in early and get him some carries. He is a workhorse and gets better as the game goes on.

Hurricane Ditka
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM

I'd like to see a heavy dose of Cedric Benson early. I think he could do some serious damage against Seattles Defense.Lovie's comments make it seem like it's going to return to Jones have the majority of the carries. How ever, which ever is producing better should get the carries.

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM

I'd like to see a heavy dose of Cedric Benson early. I think he could do some serious damage against Seattles Defense.Lovie's comments make it seem like it's going to return to Jones have the majority of the carries. How ever, which ever is producing better should get the carries.

Yea that's kinda what I meant, although I'd still like to get Ced some carries early.

Hurricane Ditka
01-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Seattle had to squeeze out a win on the greasy hands of Tony Romo at home against the Cowboys, how dangerous can they really be? Alright, the difference between this year and last year is the dominance of the defeated in play-offs. Carolina played like gangbusters against the Giants last year, Seattle has been squeaking by the past weeks.

NickBam
01-09-2007, 07:53 PM

I like Benson more, but if TJ runs like his little brother did against Seattle, I think we'll be fine.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 09:28 PM

How does he think he is not guilty? Am i missing somthing?
Nobody with a good lawyer pleades guilty, welcome to America.

And pleading not guilty worked out pretty good for the Juice all things considered.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 09:29 PM

I like Benson more, but if TJ runs like his little brother did against Seattle, I think we'll be fine.
I still trust TJ more in important situations, and I think the coaching staff does too. Benson didn't play in the playoffs last year, so it's up in the air how he'll react to the added pressure. Even at Texas he never played in a championship game or anything like that.

Bears_Fan
01-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Why don't we run screen plays to TJ and CB more? I think this would help to slow down Seattle a little, and open up both the run game and pass game. The only reason I can think of is that Kreutz and Garcia would be the only ones that can get out in front and block.

Best case would include that Rex might settle down and not start tossing the ball around to defensive backs.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Why don't we run screen plays to TJ and CB more? I think this would help to slow down Seattle a little, and open up both the run game and pass game. The only reason I can think of is that Kreutz and Garcia would be the only ones that can get out in front and block.

Best case would include that Rex might settle down and not start tossing the ball around to defensive backs.
We actually do run screens, they're just inside instead of outside. The most notable was the one that worked on 3rd and 18 versus the Giants.

They are a little more risky but they seem to work real well with TJ because he's small and hard to see in the inside mix. It's a good play to periodically run, but not a well to go to that often.

Bears_Fan
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
They are a little more risky but they seem to work real well with TJ because he's small and hard to see in the inside mix. It's a good play to periodically run, but not a well to go to that often.

I think we should run these more for this game - just to give those DBs something more to worry about. I thought Benson was meant to have pretty good hands coming out of college. I have not seen him catching balls at all.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 11:42 PM

I think we should run these more for this game - just to give those DBs something more to worry about. I thought Benson was meant to have pretty good hands coming out of college. I have not seen him catching balls at all.
Whoever told you that was full of lies. That was one of the knocks on him coming out of college.

NickBam
01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
I still trust TJ more in important situations, and I think the coaching staff does too. Benson didn't play in the playoffs last year, so it's up in the air how he'll react to the added pressure. Even at Texas he never played in a championship game or anything like that.

I agree with that, but we need to get Benson carries. I'd be happy with a 60/40 TJ to CB carry ratio. Unless one catches fire.

SFbear
01-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Itll be interesting to see how well Jeff Garcia will be able to run block considering he will be in New Orleans. He is scrappy. Ill give him that.

NYmoney
01-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Actually no, you're still wrong. They also beat the Broncos (arguably better than any team we've beaten all year). I only used the Cowboys because they were the most recent. Given your tendency to make outrageous statements you should at least take the 5 seconds it takes to go to NFL.com to make sure they are factually correct.

yea. they beat a 2nd week rookie lead denver team. good point. LOOK OUT!!! cutler started in week 11, and in week 12 they played seattle. yup. after them beating a 2nd week rookie team and romo's crappy hands, i think we can establish them as a scary team. they just haven't put it together this year. they are much like the giants in that sense. good talent, just haven't put it all together ALL year. the only difference is they play in the worst division in football. hell, i'd take the SEC over that nfc w.

jbombul
01-10-2007, 10:11 AM
i just did a mock draft and i gave you guys Tony Ugoh and Greg olsen... any thoughts?