PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

NYmoney
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I like Greg Olsen, but I don't know how he'd fit in the Turner scheme. Turner needs a TE that can block, and to quote Scott "Olsen is a bit one dimensional"

bearfan
01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I like Greg Olsen, but I don't know how he'd fit in the Turner scheme. Turner needs a TE that can block, and to quote Scott "Olsen is a bit one dimensional"

No, Clark and Ried have played well this year. I think there are other pressing needs. Now if Olson or Miller fell to round 2, then yes, round 1 no

Hurricane Ditka
01-10-2007, 04:03 PM
i just did a mock draft and i gave you guys Tony Ugoh and Greg olsen... any thoughts?If it was Greg Olsen in the second, i love it. If it was Olsen in the first, I hate you.

bearfan
01-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Hmm, Darius Walker declared. He is another guy I wouldnt mind seeing if we give the boot to Jones. Walker and Benson would make a pretty good 1-2 punch I think.

Bears_Fan
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Whoever told you that was full of lies. That was one of the knocks on him coming out of college.

Probably Mel Kiper, Jr. I don't know.

Bears_Fan
01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Itll be interesting to see how well Jeff Garcia will be able to run block considering he will be in New Orleans. He is scrappy. Ill give him that.

It was late. I was tired. I am still tired, so very tired.

But I would like to see Garcia try to run block. Who is a better play - Garcia at RG or Garza at QB? One of those things we will probably never find out, but could argue into eternity.

Bears_Fan
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
If Michael Bush drops to the later 2nd round and we trade down from the 1st, which we probably should, do we take him? Do we want to have two guys to pound the ball? Adrian Peterson should be enough as a change of pace back.

bearsfan_51
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't see Bush falling that far. Either way, I'm not keen on spending anything higher than whatever pick we can get for Jones. If we trade Jones for a 4th or 5th, and then use a 2nd to pick a runningback, I would be rather upset considering the other needs we need to fill on the team.

Smokey Joe
01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't see Bush falling that far. Either way, I'm not keen on spending anything higher than whatever pick we can get for Jones. If we trade Jones for a 4th or 5th, and then use a 2nd to pick a runningback, I would be rather upset considering the other needs we need to fill on the team.
If a 4th or 5th is the best we could get for Jones, then Jones is most likely not going anywhere. Also, I think we could a 3rd for him.

Bears_Fan
01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I would be rather upset considering the other needs we need to fill on the team.
I would not be upset if we traded down and got Bush.

I think we could a 3rd for him.
I think we should get a 3rd, but we won't because of the lack of demand for RBs out there lately. What team would give up a 3rd for him? Maybe the Broncos or the Browns, but I don't see those happening.

then Jones is most likely not going anywhere
Fine by me. I don't want to lose him.

Smokey Joe
01-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't knowl. I kinda like the idea of Leonard in the second if he is there for some reason. He is a RB-FB tweener, and could do a good job as 3rd Down back. He excels in catching the ball, and is a solid blocker.

Smokey Joe
01-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Bill Zwerski's Superfans! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHsoQuRRfk)

Hurricane Ditka
01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
History is on our side. The top seed in the NFC has won their first game after the Bye since 1998. The 2 times the Bears lost, they were the 2 Seed.

bearfan
01-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, wit the talk about Jones gone if we draft someone I do not think we would draft a power runner like Benson. I think we would draft an all around guy, or a speedy guy that way we can mix it up. Maybe someone like Darius Walker in the 3rd? I like him a lot, and think he could have potential in the league. Or, Wolfe in the 5th or 6th? Someone, but if Jones is on the outs, I would like to see someone that can compliment Benson.

Hurricane Ditka
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I have to agree with 51, if Jones gets the boot it'll mean more for Adrian Peterson. Although I'm not sure if that's the best plan of action.

Smokey Joe
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
If Leonard is there in the second for the Bears, I can't see how they could pass him up. I've been thinking, he would be a great 3rd down back, and situational FB along with McKie. He can block, he can run, and he can catch. If not, I would like Lorenzo Booker in either the 3rd or 4th.

Bighead734
01-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Why does Jones have to go? I've like Benson since we drafted him, but why get rid of a guy who has gotten 1200+ yards in the past 2 seasons. You can never have enough depth at RB especially with the pounding and injuries that occur at the position. If Benson complains about playing time let him complain, but I think Jones is worth more than most 4th round picks which is likely what the Bears would receive.

Even if we trade or release Jones, I don't see RB as a huge need with Adrian Peterson here. A flier on a guy in the 5th round would be worth it.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Darius Walker is also pretty damn good in pass protection from what I have seen. Tough guy. Wouldn't mind grabbing him, but definitely not reaching on him.

I am on the Robert Meachem bandwagon and wouldn't be totally against trading out of the first for him. Even though WR might not be a huge need..

I still don't feel confident with our WR core in the future.. Berrian has shown he really can't stay healthy for a full 16.. Bradley just came off the torn ACL, looks good but he's a major question mark.. And Moose won't be around forever and I would like Moose to be around when we groom another future WR. Moose has helped a ton with the development of Bradley & Berrian.

Would anyone be totally against that?

bearsfan_51
01-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Darius Walker is also pretty damn good in pass protection from what I have seen. Tough guy. Wouldn't mind grabbing him, but definitely not reaching on him.

I am on the Robert Meachem bandwagon and wouldn't be totally against trading out of the first for him. Even though WR might not be a huge need..

I still don't feel confident with our WR core in the future.. Berrian has shown he really can't stay healthy for a full 16.. Bradley just came off the torn ACL, looks good but he's a major question mark.. And Moose won't be around forever and I would like Moose to be around when we groom another future WR. Moose has helped a ton with the development of Bradley & Berrian.

I wouldn't be totally against it, but I'm more inclined to give Bradley more of a chance before we give up on him as a starter. If you're drafted as the 39th pick, it's with the thought that you'll be a fulltime starter for years. It's only his second year, I think there's still a tremendous amount of room for growth.

sweetness34
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM

I wouldn't be totally against it, but I'm more inclined to give Bradley more of a chance before we give up on him as a starter. If you're drafted as the 39th pick, it's with the thought that you'll be a fulltime starter for years. It's only his second year, I think there's still a tremendous amount of room for growth.

Bradley has shown his playmaking ability this year. He can get behind the DB's and he can also break one by juking tacklers (see the Jets game).

I will say though that down the road a stud WR prospect would be a welcome addition for Da Bears.

Smokey Joe
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Bradley has shown his playmaking ability this year. He can get behind the DB's and he can also break one by juking tacklers (see the Jets game).

I will say though that down the road a stud WR prospect would be a welcome addition for Da Bears.
I want a tall guy, like Limas Sweed next year!

Bearsfan123
01-12-2007, 11:40 AM
How about this for a second day? (mind you these guys are listed by Scott as second day guys)
4th-Darius Walker RB-i would like to wait for Mike Hart next year but I just dont see us waiting for him
5th-Rhema McKnight WR-a guy like Justin Gage but better hopefully.

okay so i only have two picks for it lol.

bearfan
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
How about this for a second day? (mind you these guys are listed by Scott as second day guys)
4th-Darius Walker RB-i would like to wait for Mike Hart next year but I just dont see us waiting for him
5th-Rhema McKnight WR-a guy like Justin Gage but better hopefully.

okay so i only have two picks for it lol.

YES YES YES. I have said Daruis Walker like 3 times, but no one replied. I think guys under Charlie Weis will do very well in the NFL. If we get those guys in day 2 I would be a very happy Bears fan

KaneMarko
01-12-2007, 03:38 PM
What's the scoop on Lance Briggs? I heard he was an UFA this year. The Bears planning on re-signing him? He seems to be an amazing young OLB.

Hurricane Ditka
01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Smokey you better get to applying for the Bears GM in the Forum Mock. They were my second most wanted team.

SFbear
01-12-2007, 06:51 PM
What's the scoop on Lance Briggs? I heard he was an UFA this year. The Bears planning on re-signing him? He seems to be an amazing young OLB.

The Bears will either franchise him which we usually dont do or some team is going to pay a ridiculous amount of money for him.

Smokey Joe
01-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Smokey you better get to applying for the Bears GM in the Forum Mock. They were my second most wanted team.
Thanks for the heads up HD! I just submitted by application.

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 12:00 AM
I can't wait until Sunday. I want to see this game get played so bad, the entire week has been building up to this.

sweetness34
01-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I can't wait until Sunday. I want to see this game get played so bad, the entire week has been building up to this.

And we shall hope that it's not a stinker like last year. That's my biggest worry, getting past the 2nd Round this year and not blowing it.

Come on boys, let's get this one and march our way to the Super Bowl. In Rex I trust (kinda). :lol:

bearsfan_51
01-13-2007, 02:47 AM
**** Rex.

We're still going to win though.

sweetness34
01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
*********** Rex.

I'm trying to stay positive 51. :cry:

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 04:48 PM
*********** Rex.

I'm trying to stay positive 51. :cry:I"m trying to stay sane. Seriously I can't wait for tomorrow at noon. My sanity, and Smokey Joe's life rest on this game.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 06:50 PM
*********** Rex.

I'm trying to stay positive 51. :cry:I"m trying to stay sane. Seriously I can't wait for tomorrow at noon. My sanity, and Smokey Joe's life rest on this game.
:(

bearsfan_51
01-13-2007, 09:16 PM
For those interested, this is a really good, lengthy review of our season by probably the most knowledgeable sports publication. I definately suggest giving it a read.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=166696

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 09:49 PM
What do you guys think about signing Leonard Davis? This has been talked about before, but it seems Angelo likes to get his OLine proven from free agency. Leonard Davis would get the T spot younger, but create kind of a log jam with Miller, who we would either have to cut or trade.

Eh, just an idea... Thoughts?

bearsfan_51
01-13-2007, 09:54 PM
What do you guys think about signing Leonard Davis? This has been talked about before, but it seems Angelo likes to get his OLine proven from free agency. Leonard Davis would get the T spot younger, but create kind of a log jam with Miller, who we would either have to cut or trade.

Eh, just an idea... Thoughts?
Leonard Davis sucks.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I think he is still better then Miller.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
He's not. And even if he was, the difference is negligible. To give him a large contract and eat the rest of the money it would cost to cut Miller would be a bad move.

Davis reminds me of L.J Shelton. No thanks.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 10:05 PM
He's not. And even if he was, the difference is negligible. To give him a large contract and eat the rest of the money it would cost to cut Miller would be a bad move.

Davis reminds me of L.J Shelton. No thanks.
Eh, whatever. I am bored and just looking at some free agents.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Looks like we're facing the Saints next week :wink:

No, gotta beat the crap outta the Seahawks first!

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Davis reminds me of L.J Shelton. No thanks.Davis sucks. When you build an O-Line you've got to build it from the ground up and through the draft.

Tomorrow is drawing closer and closer, I can't wait. Remember my early vow, if the Bears go one and done, blood will be spilled. Smokey Joe's blood.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 10:29 PM

Davis reminds me of L.J Shelton. No thanks.Davis sucks. When you build an O-Line you've got to build it from the ground up and through the draft.

Tomorrow is drawing closer and closer, I can't wait. Remember my early vow, if the Bears go one and done, blood will be spilled. Smokey Joe's blood.
Tommorow is like Christmas. I can't wait until I wake up at 10 in the morning, run down to the tv, and turn it on to the pregame. But it can turn into Black Christmas if the Bears lose. But HD, if the unthinkable happens, I will be prepared to defend myself.

sweetness34
01-13-2007, 10:32 PM

Tommorow is like Christmas. I can't wait until I wake up at 10 in the morning, run down to the tv, and turn it on to the pregame. But it can turn into Black Christmas if the Bears lose. But HD, if the unthinkable happens, I will be prepared to defend myself.

There is no stopping the wrath of HD, trust me I know, he's a beast in bed when he gets pissed off.

There is no reason why we should not win this game. Not saying I'm predicting a blowout at all, but if we take care of business on both sides of the ball, we'll be fine IMO.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 10:33 PM

There is no stopping the wrath of HD, trust me I know, he's a beast in bed when he gets pissed off.

There is no reason why we should not win this game. Not saying I'm predicting a blowout at all, but if we take care of business on both sides of the ball, we'll be fine IMO.
I thought we agreed to never bring up HD's love making ever again!? Have you been sleeping with him again!? :evil:

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 10:38 PM

I thought we agreed to never bring up HD's love making ever again!? Have you been sleeping with him again!? :evil:I've also been paying your mother 2 dollars to engage in intercourse, so your mother is indeed a 2 dollar who-ore.

But seriously I'll **** a brick if we find a way to blow this game.

sweetness34
01-13-2007, 10:39 PM

I thought we agreed to never bring up HD's love making ever again!? Have you been sleeping with him again!? :evil:

Whoops, did I just say that? Uh oh....I just can't resist HD's roughness. Something you don't have.

Sorry Smokey.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 10:40 PM
HD, I am officially gonna kill you! Taking the Bears GM job away from me. I hope you rot in hell :evil:

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 10:42 PM
HD, I am officially gonna kill you! Taking the Bears GM job away from me. I hope you rot in hell :evil:I put other teams ahead of them. Did you get a job at all?

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Alright I'm sorry, I did say tell them when I applied that I'd rather work with a worse team. Well tell you what, next time I won't even apply for the Bears. And I did warn you that if it was application style calling it would do any good.

Windy
01-13-2007, 10:52 PM
i'm gm of the 49ers. who wants some of this beasts?

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 10:54 PM
i'm gm of the 49ers. who wants some of this beasts?You know you want Lance Briggs. Both of you do.

Windy
01-13-2007, 10:56 PM
eric johnson for lance briggs :wink:

sweetness34
01-13-2007, 10:57 PM
eric johnson for lance briggs :wink:

I need a prediction tomorrow Windy for our game.

Hurricane Ditka
01-13-2007, 10:57 PM
eric johnson for lance briggs :wink:Throw in Vernon Davis, Mike Singletary and two boxes of Jimmy Dean Smokey Links and it's a deal.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I pm'ed this in response to a question sweetness had for me. Since it's a little lengthy I figured I'd post it here. It's actually the most optomistic I've been since the Giants game.

I honestly see a Superbowl appearance, if for no other reason than I don't see the Saints exploding on us in a cold weather environment and don't think they have the guys on defense to stop Jones/Benson. Add in a deep ball to Berrian or two and I think we can win the game.

I think this is the easiest road to the Superbowl we're going to see, something that people highly underated in 1985 when the Bears didn't face the Niners or Redskins on their way to the Superbowl.

Unfortunately, I think if the Chargers make the Superbowl they could embaress us. Their speed off the edge would crush Grossman and/or force him into making terrible throws. Indy or New England would still be the favorites against us, but not an impossible task.

Then again we could lose tommorow and be exposed for playing above our heads earlier in the year, which I even felt at the time. If we lose again in the playoffs I blame Denny Green more than anyone else. Even at the time when he said "the Bears are who he thought we were" I knew he was right. Grossman could play all loosey-goosey the first few weeks because teams were stacking 8 in the box against us, one reason why Jones was "dancing" so much.

Anyway...take it for what it's worth..that's my opinion.

Smokey Joe
01-13-2007, 11:15 PM
HD, I am officially gonna kill you! Taking the Bears GM job away from me. I hope you rot in hell :evil:I put other teams ahead of them. Did you get a job at all?
Co-Jags GM, which aint bad.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 10:10 AM
It's game day folks.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 10:23 AM
If Colt Brennan comes out, I'd take him in a heart beat. True Story.

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Who will you fall in love with next week?

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Who will you fall in love with next week?
:lol:
Ditka has 37 1st round picks.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Keys to 2nd Half....

1) NO MORE TURNOVERS BY ANYONE!

2) Run the ball effectively

3) Get a pass rush on Hasselback, he's going to throw a pick if we can get into his face

4) Rex, don't try to be the hero

Hopefully if we do these things we'll win the game.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 02:09 PM
This defense needs a LOT of work.

All that talk about getting the secondary healthy amounted to a bunch of nothing. Teams figured out a while ago that if they stay in heavy to protect they can exploit the holes in our secondary.

NYmoney
01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
when tommie harris negotiates his contract, he should demand that this game's tape be played in the background.

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
wtf type of call was that?

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 02:46 PM
We aren't playing a bad game. Seattle is just playing very good. Granted we could be playing better but I still se us winning this game.

But we've got to get points when we're down there man, no excuse for not getting at least a field goal. Thank you Moose! :evil:

Also, don't fault Berrian on that drop. It was just behind him.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
We aren't playing a bad game. Seattle is just playing very good. Granted we could be playing better but I still se us winning this game.

But we've got to get points when we're down there man, no excuse for not getting at least a field goal. Thank you Moose! :evil:

Hey dude, I got your pm, but I can't pm people, so can you pm me your E-Mail address and I'll send it to you there?

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
01-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh my god, that was intense.... Go Bears!! Beat the Saints!!!

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:30 PM
I LOVE YOU ROBBIE GOULD!!! MOMENTUM IS NOW ON OUR SIDE!!!

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Phew. The curse is broken!!

Saints game should be a lot of fun, with very little defense most likely unless there's a snowstorm.

I said at the start of the year that I wanted to win the division and make it to the NFC Championship game and everything else was icing on the cake.

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Remember that hot b!tch wearing the "Fu*k the Eagles" shirt yesterday... well lets get one that says "I wanna fu*k that b!tch and crush the Saints!"

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:32 PM
That was a piss poor second half, and IMO, this game should have been over in the 3rd quarter with a blow out by the Bears.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 03:33 PM
By the way, I'm so happy for Grossman.

I don't like the kid very much at all, but even I felt bad for him after a while.

By the way, that girl was gross Smokey, raise your standards. :lol:

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
That was a piss poor second half, and IMO, this game should have been over in the 3rd quarter with a blow out by the Bears.
Who cares!! We won!!!! Let us party for atleast a day.

NGSeiler
Congrats Chicago! Beating Seattle on a last second field goal like that gets a pat on the back from me! 8)

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
By the way, I'm so happy for Grossman.

I don't like the kid very much at all, but even I felt bad for him after a while.

By the way, that girl was gross Smokey, raise your standards. :lol:
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. She probably has aids and herpes.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Alright weather gods, let it snow, hail, rain, and let the wind roar off the lake next week. The feel good story of the year ends year.

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Whoa, Joe Buck's excitement is just radiant! I have never heard someone so happy!

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Also, me and HD won't need to have a fight to the death! (I know you said you would just kill me, but I would defend myself and demolish you).

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Any news on Bradley?

The Fat Kid
01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
GREAT GAME!! good luck next week. you'll probly need it

thetedginnshow
01-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Great game guys. I'm pretty shocked right now, but you guys deserved it. Here's to seeing you guys in the playoffs next year.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Any news on Bradley?
Just judging by looking at it, I'd say he's done for the playoffs.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
GREAT GAME!! good luck next week. you'll probly need it
*Shrug* I don't think the Saints are any better than we are. We'll see.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
GOD BLESS U http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070114/CHI_gould_60642.jpg

ALL HAIL GOULD AND LOVIE. IN LOVIE I TRUST!

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Any news on Bradley?
Just judging by looking at it, I'd say he's done for the playoffs.
If it a serious injury, does that make a WR now a first day draft need? Moose is old, Davis is a good slot guy-but not a top reciever, Berrian is a top WR but he also has injury concerns, and no Bradley getting injured again. I am not even going to mention Justin Gage or Airese "Lightning: Currie being a force in the passing game next season.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
GOD BLESS U http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070114/CHI_gould_60642.jpg

ALL HAIL GOULD AND LOVIE. IN LOVIE I TRUST!

**** yea bitches!!!! Go Bears!!!

And **** all you Packer fans who tried to talk **** about us, yea you know who you are.

Robbie Gould is my hero.

Btw anyone else think it's ironic that both NFC games were 27-24.

Oh yea, and Rex for MVP!

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, all teams had to have at least 24 points, in honor of 24 being on tonight.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, all teams had to have at least 24 points, in honor of 24 being on tonight.

Please, don't ever quote Joe Buck.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Also, me and HD won't need to have a fight to the death! (I know you said you would just kill me, but I would defend myself and demolish you).It wouldn't be a fight it would be a ritualistic execution.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Great game guys. I'm pretty shocked right now, but you guys deserved it. Here's to seeing you guys in the playoffs next year.

Incredible game. I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I knew you guys were a dangerous team if you started to get it going and you proved it today.

Both teams made huge plays and really ****** plays. If I had to give the edge of play to a team, I don't think I could do it.

**** the total yard argument, we played neck and neck for 4 quarters. Haha I hanging out with a girl while the game was going on and I basically tackled her when Gould made the Field Goal (and yes HD and Smokey I am cheating on you).

Absolutely amazing. I'm just glad we won and got past the 2nd Round. And this goes to prove how close the teams are in the NFC right now IMO.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Hey dude, I got your pm, but I can't pm people, so can you pm me your E-Mail address and I'll send it to you there?

WTF? You can't PM people? That's crap.... jtstriker15@hotmail.com.

I love you Chris! :D

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Did he say that? If he said that also, I take back everything I said.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Yes

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Yes

Yep it's the same guy who didn't know which was bigger. A 5/8 inch cleat or a 1/2 inch cleat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RockJock07
01-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes the Bears are a solid team, but they aren't as good as everyone said they were, their defense is overrated. What makes them different from any other team?

Rex played a solid game, but he needs to do it in back 2 back games.

The Saint's will pass and run all over them. it will be a shootout, but even if the saints win, they'll get hammer by whatever AFC team goes to the SB.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes the Bears are a solid team, but they aren't as good as everyone said they were, their defense is overrated. What makes them different from any other team?

The Saint's will pass and run all over them. it will be a shootout, but even if the saints win, they'll get hammer by whatever AFC team goes to the SB.Go away. You've got no evidence to support you're claim, come back when you actually have an arguement.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM

The Saint's will pass and run all over them. it will be a shootout, but even if the saints win, they'll get hammer by whatever AFC team goes to the SB.

Get the **** out of here dude, and go back to your lame ass Packer board. You've got nothing better to do then bash a team in the playoffs as you sit on your ass at home. We won the game, so shut up. I knew it was going to be a lot tougher then Week 4.

I can't wait for 51 to get on here, this should get entertaining.

RockJock07
01-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't care if i'm a packers fan. I live in Chicago and I can say whatever I want.

NO EVIDENCE, You only won today because of the Seahawks inabilty to convert on 3rd and short. I've watched the Bears all season, they are the most overrated team in the NFL.

I'll make a simply bet with will and Grace here, If the Bears win against the Saints then I'll never write in YOUR fourm again. Fair?

God you bears fans are so moody, i'm voiceing my thoughts, that's what these forums are about.

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't care if i'm a packers fan. I live in Chicago and I can say whatever I want.

NO EVIDENCE, You only won today because of the Seahawks inabilty to convert on 3rd and short. I've watched the Bears all season, they are the most overrated team in the NFL.

I'll make a simply bet with will and Grace here, If the Bears win against the Saints then I'll never write in YOUR fourm again. Fair?

God you bears fans are so moody, i'm voiceing my thoughts, that's what these forums are about.
There's a chicago in iowa?

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Seriously, just leave. I'm tired of it.

The Bears won because they made the plays down the stretch to win the game. Our D has been great on 3rd and short all season, so shut up. It's no surprise that they did the same thing today.

I just find if funny that you're trying to come in here and bash a playoff team while your team is sitting at home. Just get out of here if you don't have anything constructive to say about the Bears. Talk crap in your own thread.

These forums are about respecting each others team threads, something you obviously don't know how to do, and if you read the rules you realize that. We don't go in and say the Packers suck when they lose a game. But hey, you don't have much leverage here do you? Because we won, period, end of story.

Hell it can be said the only reason why the Saints won was because of this and that as well. It's a very bad argument, so just quit while you're behind.

Pokeys
01-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I liked the rushing attack today.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM

More Benson! TJ did ok but he was dancing again. I love how Ced just hits the hole and goes. That and he's just a man beast when he runs.

Pokeys
01-14-2007, 07:00 PM

More Benson! TJ did ok but he was dancing again. I love how Ced just hits the hole and goes. That and he's just a man beast when he runs.

Yeah. Im not a big fan of Thomas Jones but he always seems to make clutch runs. Like on 3rd downs and what not. I know his yards per carry average wasnt that good today but he played well. Nice to see Benson get some catches plus some nice rushes as well.

bearfan
01-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Good game today. I didnt expect us to win, and if we did, I expected it to be close like this. BENSON! Honestly, he was awesome running for the most part, and against 51's word, he showed to be a decent reciever. I do NOT understand why we didnt have him in more, he was more effectinve. And Grossman did aight, enough to save his job for one more week

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Good game today. I didnt expect us to win, and if we did, I expected it to be close like this. BENSON! Honestly, he was awesome running for the most part, and against 51's word, he showed to be a decent reciever. I do NOT understand why we didnt have him in more, he was more effectinve. And Grossman did aight, enough to save his job for one more week

You didn't expect us to win? Are you kidding me? :shock: *shakes head*

And Grossman did better than "aight." Especially with the pass rush he faced all game long. And no I don't fault him for any of those turnovers. Ok the fumble, yea he should've tucked it away but no one blocked the rusher off the edge at all. And well the INT, um yea, Moose has to catch that ball.

Seems like we're the underdog going in on Sunday according to this board. That's ok, we'll just have to prove everyone wrong.

bearfan
01-14-2007, 07:59 PM

You didn't expect us to win? Are you kidding me? :shock: *shakes head*

And Grossman did better than "aight." Especially with the pass rush he faced all game long. And no I don't fault him for any of those turnovers. Ok the fumble, yea he should've tucked it away but no one blocked the rusher off the edge at all. And well the INT, um yea, Moose has to catch that ball.

Seems like we're the underdog going in on Sunday according to this board. That's ok, we'll just have to prove everyone wrong.

Haha, no I didnt. I would rather be surprised with a win, than get my hopes up and lose to a team that we very well could have.

And Grossman, I think the stupidest thing he does, is when facing pressure tries to make stuff happen. He did tone that down today, so I am happy. He stepped up when he needed to, and played good for the rest. I give him aight

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-14-2007, 08:00 PM
(I'm back from the dead...)

I think this game showed two things: first, what a HUGE loss it has been to the Bears' defense to lose Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. The interior of the Bears' d-line is soft and the linebackers are getting caught by blockers without Tommie in there, and Danieal Manning is looking like a rookie without Brown's presence in the backfield.

Second, the media shows the Bears no love. Grossman had a solid game--the fumble was ugly, but the INT was not his fault--and basically Grossman helped the team win. But what does the media say? "Grossman almost threw the game away with turnovers." Sheeeet... Brady had a lousy game but gets all that love for leading the game-winning drive. And on the flip side, let's see what the press says about the result of Bears-Seahawks, part II. I'll bet that no one points out that this time it was the Bears who were nicked up, and yet they still won.

I think the Bears match up well with the Saints, and depsite how shaky the defense is looking, I feel good about next week.

Bring on the frickin' snow already... we need some Bear weather for those domers.

NYmoney
01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
winner winner. as promised. not nearly as pretty as I expected, and I maintain that Tommie Harris should demand that this game's tape be played in the background during his contract negotiations.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
If it a serious injury, does that make a WR now a first day draft need?

Two words: Anthony Gonzalez. He doesn't get the credit/attention he would get if Tedd Ginn, Jr., weren't lined up with him, but he's almost as fast as Ginn, runs better routes, and has surer hands. He's probably a 3rd-round pick, and could be a steal even in late 2nd round.

And yes, I think this is the year to get a receiver early. Though I agree with 51 that safety is the #1 need. Mike Brown is great, but he can't stay healthy through the year, and with his banged-up ankles/achilles/feet, we need insurance.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 08:06 PM

I think this game showed two things: first, what a HUGE loss it has been to the Bears' defense to lose Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. The interior of the Bears' d-line is soft and the linebackers are getting caught by blockers without Tommie in there, and Danieal Manning is looking like a rookie without Brown's presence in the backfield.

Second, the media shows the Bears no love. Grossman had a solid game--the fumble was ugly, but the INT was not his fault--and basically Grossman helped the team win. But what does the media say? "Grossman almost threw the game away with turnovers." Sheeeet... Brady had a lousy game but gets all that love for leading the game-winning drive. And on the flip side, let's see what the press says about the result of Bears-Seahawks, part II. I'll bet that no one points out that this time it was the Bears who were nicked up, and yet they still won.

I think the Bears match up well with the Saints, and depsite how shaky the defense is looking, I feel good about next week.

Bring on the frickin' snow already... we need some Bear weather for those domers.INBO has returned! Superbowl here we come.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM

Bring on the frickin' snow already... we need some Bear weather for those domers.

IBNO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You've been missed my friend!

Rex was the MVP of this game IMO. He made the plays he had to and he wasn't a douche bag with his decision making. He made the biggest play of the day (besides the Gould FG) with his 30 yard pass to Davis on 3rd down in OT. The INT was not his fault at all, and the fumble was a result of constant heat in his face all game long.

The Saints are the media darlings of the NFL right now because they're a "feel good story." So it doesn't surprise me to see us not getting any respect. They're a darn good team though and it'll definitely be a dog fight.

We've been doubted all year long so bring it on. I'm just turning a cheek to it all. If we take care of our end on Sunday, we will win this game IMO. But if we don't, we have a very easy chance of losing.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Daniel Manning is playing really bad.

Chris Harris looked like the better of the two today, and that is sad.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 08:13 PM

There's a chicago in iowa?

NYmoney
01-14-2007, 08:14 PM

Chris Harris looked like the better of the two today, and that is sad.

manning looks like he has the physical attributes, but he lacks the ability to read a developing play. takes bad angles. just looks like a rookie.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 08:15 PM

Chris Harris looked like the better of the two today, and that is sad.Chris Harris has better instincts than Johnson and Manning. I think we can survive with a secondary of Chris Harris and Daniael Manning next season. Chris Harris isn't a bad player, he's rather under rated if you ask me. Manning will have his ups and downs, remember he went from a tiny school to starting free safety pretty quickly.

NYmoney
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Chris Harris looked like the better of the two today, and that is sad.Chris Harris has better instincts than Johnson and Manning. I think we can survive with a secondary of Chris Harris and Daniael Manning next season. Chris Harris isn't a bad player, he's rather under rated if you ask me. Manning will have his ups and downs, remember he went from a tiny school to starting free safety pretty quickly.

what do you think about Todd Johnson?

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Heh.

I was staying away for that stretch when Rex was playing crappy and Bears fans at large were being negative-nellies (I hang out on the Chicago Tribune Bears page and post during Rahula Strohl's play-by-play, and holy carp, there were so many people chanting "one-and-done" that I wanted to scream until my eyes bled).

I know this isn't your average football board, but I wanted to stay away from anything Rex-related.

I think Rex is OK, overall. He has the talent to eventually be Farve-lite. But he tries to do too much, and right now the offense doesn't have the talent at other positions to cover up for his mistakes. When he plays within the game plan, good things will happen for Rex. It's just a matter of Turner calling a good game--which he started to do with this game (that first drive brought a tear of joy to my eye), but then screwed up later.

Benson is a beast. I watched "Pure Payton" with the wife before the game, and at one point when Benson just refused to go down, the wife says "wow, that almost reminds me a bit of Walter." I think if Benson continues his maturation, we won't miss TJ next year. Benson is totally underrated for his receiving, and showed great touch and presence today.

Gould is becoming a clutch kicker, really. I think he's going to be a Vinatieri-lite... not the "most accurate kicker" type, but the "best kicker" type.

It's a good day to be a Bears fan. Enjoy it, everyone.

NYmoney
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm off the Rex bandwagon. I just don't think he has the ability to read the defense. today they were rushing him in his face and he still didn't get rid of the ball. it's like his brain goes into deer in headlights mode when someone's bull rushing him.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM

what do you think about Todd Johnson?He does alright. Makes up for what he lacks in athleticism with intangibles, but he's better suited for his role on special teams.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm off the Rex bandwagon. I just don't think he has the ability to read the defense. today they were rushing him in his face and he still didn't get rid of the ball. it's like his brain goes into deer in headlights mode when someone's bull rushing him.

Rex was hurried something like 15 times today dude. He made smart decisions by just throwing the ball away. In the past he would've just thrown the ball up for grabs.

Even the great Tom Brady made mistakes when he had head in his face today.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Rex was hurried something like 15 times today dude. He made smart decisions by just throwing the ball away. In the past he would've just thrown the ball up for grabs.

Even the great Tom Brady made mistakes when he had head in his face today.This game confirms that the main focus of the off-season would be younger offensive talent. And a loss next week will negate everything we've done this year. Finally winning at home in the play-offs, if they don't go to Miami everything Lovie Smith has done in his tenure here will have been useless.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzMsoez2TOo

We need to do this. Alot. In the stinging cold of Solider Field, we need to step on the Saints throat and let them know they're in Chicago, and we mean business.

Bearsfan123
01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Chris Harris is aweful I dunno how anyone can say hes decent. He cant tackle for sh*t. As to receiver, im not sure what we do about that..any good FAs next year? (id rather just get a good one from FA and get a safety from the draft instead of vice versa.)
i applaud Grossman's performance today.

diabsoule
01-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Good luck this Sunday, guys. It should be a great game.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Chris Harris is aweful I dunno how anyone can say hes decent. He cant tackle for sh*t. As to receiver, im not sure what we do about that..any good FAs next year? (id rather just get a good one from FA and get a safety from the draft instead of vice versa.)
i applaud Grossman's performance today.Now that's just not true.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 10:44 PM
i applaud Grossman's performance today.Now that's just not true.
I personally think he sucks too. Todd Johnson might be my favorite safety right now, and that's not saying much. I was in favor of cutting Mike Brown but not now. I think we should keep Brown AND use our first rounder on a safety. Our safety play is just terrible right now.

Smokey Joe
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Chris Harris has good instincts like HD said, but he can't tackle a tackling dummy.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
What's with all the Chris Harris hate? He's done pretty well, both this year and last year.

TitleTown088
01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
nice win you bastards.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
nice win you bastards.Nice not getting to play-offs once again season you closet homosexual.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Merriweather in the 2nd?

After Tanks recent incident would JA take him? Dunno.. I think Merriweather will be very good in the NFL though.

Michael Griffen is the best DB in this draft imo.. I think he would be a perfect fit.. But it's pretty unrealistic to think he will be available at the bottom of the first round.

Mark Bradley is hurt again, anyone got an update on him? Like I said earlier in the week, I think JA should take advantage of these ridiculously deep WR draft.

1- Robert Meachem / Sidney Rice
2- Brandon Merriweather, DB
3- Kyle Young, C/OG

What do you think of that 3 rounder? Assuming Briggs stays.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Merriweather in the 2nd?

After Tanks recent incident would JA take him? Dunno.. I think Merriweather will be very good in the NFL though.

Michael Griffen is the best DB in this draft imo.. I think he would be a perfect fit.. But it's pretty unrealistic to think he will be available at the bottom of the first round.

Mark Bradley is hurt again, anyone got an update on him? Like I said earlier in the week, I think JA should take advantage of these ridiculously deep WR draft.

3- Kyle Young, C/OG

What do you think of that 3 rounder? Assuming Briggs stays.Briggs isn't staying, so I wouldn't assume that. I'd love Meachem, but I think we need to take an OT day 1. I wouldn't mind

Meachem
Justin Durant
Doug Free

TitleTown088
01-15-2007, 12:05 AM
nice win you bastards.Nice not getting to play-offs once again season you closet homosexual.

no need for that.
I was just easin the tension baby, just easin the tension http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/cocothomps/537b3624.jpg

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 12:08 AM

no need for that.Oh I think it was completely necessary. And I thought it sounded funny, because I picture Stewie from Family Guy saying "homosexual". God damn you added the picture after I quoted you. Now I need to counter with a picture.

http://www.rpgeternity.altervista.org/Immagini%20altri%20Giochi/super_mario_64_ds.jpg

TitleTown088
01-15-2007, 12:10 AM

no need for that.Oh I think it was completely necessary. And I thought it sounded funny, because I picture Stewie from Family Guy saying "homosexual"

meh, why don't you just go commit suicide and then shhot your ashes outta a cannon like the guy in your avy. :wink:

TitleTown088
01-15-2007, 12:11 AM

no need for that.Oh I think it was completely necessary. And I thought it sounded funny, because I picture Stewie from Family Guy saying "homosexual". God damn you added the picture after I quoted you. Now I need to counter with a picture.

http://www.rpgeternity.altervista.org/Immagini%20altri%20Giochi/super_mario_64_ds.jpg
leave yoshi outta this.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Merriweather in the 2nd?

3- Kyle Young, C/OG

What do you think of that 3 rounder? Assuming Briggs stays.Briggs isn't staying, so I wouldn't assume that. I'd love Meachem, but I think we need to take an OT day 1. I wouldn't mind

Meachem
Justin Durant
Doug Free
Why do you think there is no chance of Briggs returning? All indications are that he wants to stay and most of the players want to stay. There will also be plenty of cap room. I think it is 50/50 on if he will return.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Also, an OL-man I have fallen in love with is Manual Ramirez. He is a massive blocker and a hell of a run blocker.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 12:40 AM
What's with all the Chris Harris hate? He's done pretty well, both this year and last year.

He missed A TON of tackles today letting Alexander get more yardage. He did though make a nice play on that seam route.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 12:45 AM

He missed A TON of tackles today letting Alexander get more yardage. He did though make a nice play on that seam route.
If Chris Harris could tackle, which is still in the realm of possibility, he could become a sold saftey in the league...

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Rafael is a better and more productive TMNT than Michaelangelo, Leonardo, and Donatello.

I completey disagree . . .

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Rafael is a better and more productive TMNT than Michaelangelo, Leonardo, and Donatello.

Good for you. And with that comment you're getting blue balled tonight.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 12:56 AM

I don't know if I should either be happy or sad that I am getting blue balled... hmm

VoteLynnSwan
01-15-2007, 01:34 AM
As far as draft needs go... assuming Briggs stays

1. DL-Something should be done with the DE position... I'd like to see Anderson bulk up a little and become an everydown end. In which case, what would we do with Wale and Brown? Do we sit one of them? can we afford to bench someone with that kind of contract? Do we trade one of them? What could we even get? and if we do trade on of them, then we're forced to draft or sign another DE to be a backup. Personally i'd rather see Wale gone because him and Anderson are too similar in playing style... both primarily pass-rushers whereas Brown can help some in run support. DT is also a concern, although i trust Harris to be back and ready to play, plus Dvoracek and Ian Scott make a well rounded mix, especially if Tank Johnson remains on the team, which i personally believe he should and will. -Afterthought- the main reason DL is such a high priority is because we have been able to generate no passrush recently, which has exposed holes in our secondary.

2. OL-The line is aging, and we need better pass support for Rex. We need a quick athletic Tackle that can fill in either position.

3. Safety-Harris looks completely lost in run support out there, i couldn't count the number of times he came up to the line, and Alexander blew right by him. Combine this with the fact that we never really know if Mike Brown is gonna be healthy or not... and you've got some trouble. Only reason this isn't #1 or 2 is because i don't see us starting one rookie safety and manning, and we still do have Brown, who really makes our run defense.

4. WR-With the emergence of Berrian and Rashied Davis... this is more of a middle round concern, however, Bradley is constantly injured, and Mushin is getting old and has way too many drops.

5. SLB-Hillenmeyer is decent, but we could always hope to find a late round steal that can come in and eventually replace him.

and we also need to get someone in for kickoffs/FGs>50 yards... Robbie worries me in those situations.

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Hunter is the least of our worries. He's solid in what he does, which is all we can ask of him. And he made a hell of a play today with that tipped pass.

I'm also not in favor of keeping two kickers on a 45 man roster. That's a spot that we could use for a guy like AP. There really are barely enough roster spots as it is to fill all of our needs to emergency backups and special teams players.

4pAc
01-15-2007, 01:55 AM
We'll pry Gould away from you one day :evil:

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Nobody willingly goes to Green Bay. The only big free agent to ever go to Green Bay was Reggie White and that's cause "God" (aka his crazy ass) told him to.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 02:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2731418

I can't stand Wojciechowski, he knocked us before the Seattle game and he hasn't let up. Surprising to because I thought he was connected with the Bears somehow a few years back.

"The Bears could've easily lost this game."

Who gives a flying ****. We could've just as easily blown them out if Hester's TD doesn't get called back and if Berrian catches that ball which was behind him. Also we would've gotten a FG if Moose doesn't miss that pass which was intercepted. We won the game, that's what matters. Seattle is a dangerous team if they can get it going, and they did today. Sure they weren't playing well, but Hasselback isn't a Pro Bowl caliber QB for nothing; and Alexander while overrated is a good back. That and they've got good WR's and a solid TE.

Gimme a goddamn break. I'm sorry but it's getting ridiculous at this point. Maybe it's because we're the #1 seed in the playoffs but it's like we're under a goddamn microscope.

Sure it wasn't an easy game but it was a very well played game on both sides, something niether of the AFC games had this weekend. Playoff games aren't supposed to be easy, and the good teams find ways to win, not ways to lose.

And then he goes off and blames Rex for his INT and his almost INT in the 4th quarter. Both of which were bad bounces. Sheesh.

I just want to shut up all the critics who are saying we're a fluke and didn't deserve to have the record we had. And I hope our boys feel the same way, because apart from 2 weeks this season (Seattle and Buffalo), we've been doubted. And we've got a shot to prove all of them wrong on Sunday by taking the NFC. Now lets go do it.

Shiver
01-15-2007, 02:18 AM

If Chris Harris could tackle, which is still in the realm of possibility, he could become a sold saftey in the league...

Isn't he the guy who clocked Michael Jenkins last year?

Modano
01-15-2007, 02:20 AM

It's Michelangelo only with the E, not AE :wink:

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 02:30 AM

It's Michelangelo only with the E, not AE :wink:

****! :evil: :lol:

Well that's what he gets for sucking so bad as a TMNT. :D

Saints Dome Patrol
01-15-2007, 02:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2731418

I can't stand Wojciechowski, he knocked us before the Seattle game and he hasn't let up. Surprising to because I thought he was connected with the Bears somehow a few years back.

Who gives a flying ***********. We could've just as easily blown them out if Hester's TD doesn't get called back and if Berrian catches that ball which was behind him. Also we would've gotten a FG if Moose doesn't miss that pass which was intercepted. We won the game, that's what matters. Seattle is a dangerous team if they can get it going, and they did today. Sure they weren't playing well, but Hasselback isn't a Pro Bowl caliber QB for nothing; and Alexander while overrated is a good back. That and they've got good WR's and a solid TE.

Gimme a goddamn break. I'm sorry but it's getting ridiculous at this point. Maybe it's because we're the #1 seed in the playoffs but it's like we're under a goddamn microscope.

Sure it wasn't an easy game but it was a very well played game on both sides, something niether of the AFC games had this weekend. Playoff games aren't supposed to be easy, and the good teams find ways to win, not ways to lose.

And then he goes off and blames Rex for his INT and his almost INT in the 4th quarter. Both of which were bad bounces. Sheesh.

I just want to shut up all the critics who are saying we're a fluke and didn't deserve to have the record we had. And I hope our boys feel the same way, because apart from 2 weeks this season (Seattle and Buffalo), we've been doubted. And we've got a shot to prove all of them wrong on Sunday by taking the NFC. Now lets go do it.

I was going to post this link as well to see what Bears fans have to say about Gene Wojciechoski's article, but I guess I got my answer. :razz:

bearfan
01-15-2007, 08:48 AM
ok, for the draft, I thought about this yesterday. What do you guys think of this:

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
4-Darius Walker (Jones gone)
5-Rheema McKnight

Personally, if we did something similar to that I would be ESTATIC

NYmoney
01-15-2007, 09:25 AM
ok, for the draft, I thought about this yesterday. What do you guys think of this:

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

4th round Darius Walker would be a disaster. Additionally, with Rheema in the 5th would lead me to call us ND West. Can't disagree more. I believe we are fine at WR position. The only problem is Moose's contract, considering his declining talent level. In the middle rounds I would prefer us to work on the O-line, if the opportunity presents itself.

bearfan
01-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

4th round Darius Walker would be a disaster. Additionally, with Rheema in the 5th would lead me to call us ND West. Can't disagree more. I believe we are fine at WR position. The only problem is Moose's contract, considering his declining talent level. In the middle rounds I would prefer us to work on the O-line, if the opportunity presents itself.

I like Walker...a lot. While he still has room for improvement, he is a very versitile back IMO. But we could also go Booker or some other RB there. And McKnight in the 5th I would love, I think he is good enough and even though has room for improvement could be good. And there is a reason I picked round 3 for oline ;)

NYmoney
01-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

I like Walker...a lot. While he still has room for improvement, he is a very versitile back IMO. But we could also go Booker or some other RB there. And McKnight in the 5th I would love, I think he is good enough and even though has room for improvement could be good. And there is a reason I picked round 3 for oline ;)

yes, but wouldn't you agree that we have more rebuilding and retooling to be completed at the O-line? Our WR corp is quite young, and the antithesis is presented in the case of our O-line.

Specifically regarding Rheema, I believe that the talent is there, but why did he not grow more under Weiss system? Shark did. Quinn did. And I do know that he was hurt, but I just didn't see that leap in performance this year.

bearfan
01-15-2007, 10:02 AM

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

yes, but wouldn't you agree that we have more rebuilding and retooling to be completed at the O-line? Our WR corp is quite young, and the antithesis is presented in the case of our O-line.

Specifically regarding Rheema, I believe that the talent is there, but why did he not grow more under Weiss system? Shark did. Quinn did. And I do know that he was hurt, but I just didn't see that leap in performance this year.

Yes, we need to rebuild the OL. BUT, I do not believe that taking more than 2 is necessary, especially if we take 2 in day 1. We also have Metcalf, who started very well last year who can replace Brown if he retires. I think OL is a need, but its a need for the future, so we do not need more than 2-3 OL in this draft.

Haha, you may be right about Rheema, but why not take the chance around round 5?

NYmoney
01-15-2007, 10:32 AM

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

Yes, we need to rebuild the OL. BUT, I do not believe that taking more than 2 is necessary, especially if we take 2 in day 1. We also have Metcalf, who started very well last year who can replace Brown if he retires. I think OL is a need, but its a need for the future, so we do not need more than 2-3 OL in this draft.

Haha, you may be right about Rheema, but why not take the chance around round 5?

I just think that you can gain some depth at other positions (i.e. RB and CB) in the 5th round.

Look at our WR corp: Moose, Bradley (although he's prolly out for the year), Berrian, Davis. Do you think that Rheema offers a considerable increase in talent or production over any of those wr's? I'm not saying he doesn't, but I don't see it with my perspective.

bearfan
01-15-2007, 10:36 AM

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

I just think that you can gain some depth at other positions (i.e. RB and CB) in the 5th round.

Look at our WR corp: Moose, Bradley (although he's prolly out for the year), Berrian, Davis. Do you think that Rheema offers a considerable increase in talent or production over any of those wr's? I'm not saying he doesn't, but I don't see it with my perspective.

CB could very well need depth as well, that is a good point. And RB...Walker! :wink:

But you look at our WRs:
Moose-getting old, on downside of career
Berrian-great long ball threat, love him to death, but not a #1 IMO, and has yet to stay healthy a whole season
Bradley- great potential, could be a #1 IMO, but has yet to stay healthy a whole season
Davis-Good slot reciever, thats about it. While filling in for berrian, i was unimpressed.

So yeah, I think that there could be some room for improvement at WR. But not a day one pick IMO

VoteLynnSwan
01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Hunter is the least of our worries. He's solid in what he does, which is all we can ask of him. And he made a hell of a play today with that tipped pass.

I'm also not in favor of keeping two kickers on a 45 man roster. That's a spot that we could use for a guy like AP. There really are barely enough roster spots as it is to fill all of our needs to emergency backups and special teams players.

You're probably right about Hunter... his play is consistantly improving and he's become a pretty solid player for us. However, i think the only reason he's been able to play as well as he has is because he's along side Urlacher and Briggs... So if Briggs leaves... then we might be in trouble because alongside a rookies, he might be exposed.

You are definitely right about the kicker, but i would just like to see someone on the team who can make a kick of over 50 yards... as much as i like Gould and all.

NYmoney
01-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Trade down:
2a-Brandon Merriweather
2b-Durant or Everett
3a-Doug Free or OL
3b-OL
5-Rheema McKnight

CB could very well need depth as well, that is a good point. And RB...Walker! :wink:

But you look at our WRs:
Moose-getting old, on downside of career
Berrian-great long ball threat, love him to death, but not a #1 IMO, and has yet to stay healthy a whole season
Bradley- great potential, could be a #1 IMO, but has yet to stay healthy a whole season
Davis-Good slot reciever, thats about it. While filling in for berrian, i was unimpressed.

So yeah, I think that there could be some room for improvement at WR. But not a day one pick IMO

I agree with your assessment of the wr corp. So we have a bunch of B- to B+ wr's out there. IMO we should wait until moose has 1 year left to draft a WR in round 1.

all in all, we can agree that a prior in bears organization must be this weekend. I really, really, hope Rex shows up

VoteLynnSwan
01-15-2007, 10:42 AM
I really would like to see Jones stick around, but i don't know if that's gonna happen. Hopefully Ced's play has gained him some confidence amongst the team.

I do want to trade Jones, i think getting a high to mid 4th round pick would be decent, if we could get a low 3rd that'd obviously be better, but with that pick i think we need to look RB. I personally like a Garrett Wolfe, some of you may not like him, and true he did disappear at the end of the year, but he's shifty and quick, and we wouldn't need him to be an everydown back. He would be a perfect change of pace back for Cedric. Just imagine it... big ced wearing down the defense, making them slow, and then Wolfe running around people.

NYmoney
01-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I really would like to see Jones stick around, but i don't know if that's gonna happen. Hopefully Ced's play has gained him some confidence amongst the team.

I do want to trade Jones, i think getting a high to mid 4th round pick would be decent, if we could get a low 3rd that'd obviously be better, but with that pick i think we need to look RB. I personally like a Garrett Wolfe, some of you may not like him, and true he did disappear at the end of the year, but he's shifty and quick, and we wouldn't need him to be an everydown back. He would be a perfect change of pace back for Cedric. Just imagine it... big ced wearing down the defense, making them slow, and then Wolfe running around people.

Trade Jones. His production has peaked. Cedric is really starting to show his ability to be a workhorse. If we trade Jones, we should try to make sure that we use the increased cap space for Briggs. He is a BEAST[/b]

VoteLynnSwan
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM

Trade Jones. His production has peaked. Cedric is really starting to show his ability to be a workhorse. If we trade Jones, we should try to make sure that we use the increased cap space for Briggs. He is a BEAST[/b]

I agree, i think keeping Briggs is the most important aspect of this off-season.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Nobody willingly goes to Green Bay. The only big free agent to ever go to Green Bay was Reggie White and that's cause "God" (aka his crazy ass) told him to.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Isn't he the guy who clocked Michael Jenkins last year?
That was Mike Green.

bearfan
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM

I agree, i think keeping Briggs is the most important aspect of this off-season.

100% agree with that. All season long he has shown his importance to the team, and with everyone wanting him to stay, I hope he doesnt get to greedy

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 11:13 AM

Lorenzo Booker would be a better pick then Wolfe. He is faster, shiftier, a better blocker, a better reciever, and he isn't the size a freshman in H.S.

TitleTown088
01-15-2007, 11:50 AM

Charles woodson? does he count?

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 12:17 PM

Who gives a flying ***********. We could've just as easily blown them out if Hester's TD doesn't get called back and if Berrian catches that ball which was behind him. Also we would've gotten a FG if Moose doesn't miss that pass which was intercepted. We won the game, that's what matters. Seattle is a dangerous team if they can get it going, and they did today. Sure they weren't playing well, but Hasselback isn't a Pro Bowl caliber QB for nothing; and Alexander while overrated is a good back. That and they've got good WR's and a solid TE.

I was going to post this link as well to see what Bears fans have to say about Gene Wojciechoski's article, but I guess I got my answer. :razz:
It's one of the most unprofessional articles I've ever seen. I cannot fathom that ESPN allowed him to write it, except for the fact that they really have no professional standards.

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 12:18 PM

Charles woodson? does he count?
Considering he only had you or Tampa to choose from, and Tampa was offering significantly less money and wanted him to play safety, I'm gonna go with no.

NYmoney
01-15-2007, 01:16 PM

It's one of the most unprofessional articles I've ever seen. I cannot fathom that ESPN allowed him to write it, except for the fact that they really have no professional standards.

Gene lacks professional integrity time and time again. There is a reason he has not ascended in the ranks of that profession.

Bighead734
01-15-2007, 01:31 PM

The problem with Wolfe isnt that he's small height wise, its that he doesnt have much strength. He's quick, but what makes small backs like Barry Sanders and Maurice Jones-Drew great is their leg strength and I don't think Wolfe could help us. I think a guy like Gary Russel from Minnesota, Selvin Young from Texas, or DeShawn Wynn of Florida are better fits.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Yes you did, and I'm pissed off. He basically slandered us in that article, yet he didn't realize that the Saints won by the same score, the Patriots played pathetically and somehow won, and Indy didn't score a TD and won a game. No team that won stood out from any of the other teams.

First and foremost I want to win this game to go to Miami and play in the SB. But secondly I want to win this game to shut up people like this piece of garbage.

Sure we could lose this game, but we could just as easily win it. We're not 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC for nothing. We earned that right in the regular season.

Idk, it's like the media has tried to find a way around us the entire year, and maybe we aren't as good as I think we are, but you'd think that we'd get some respect. The Saints are a darn good ball club, there is no denying that. But so are we, and I hope one of the reasons that people are picking the Saints isn't the "feel good Saints" or "destiny's team." And for some reason I really feel that it's a big reason why some people are picking them to win.

And hey you know what, we're playing for a city too. A fantastic city in Chicago. Sure we didn't have "Hurricana Katrina" hit in our city, but the media acts like New Orleans is the only team that is playing for their fans. I'm very happy for the Saints and the City of New Orleans, but enough is enough about it.

Like I said, I really hope this puts a chip on our boys' shoulders, I really do. Because it seems to me like none of the media is giving us a shot. But hey you know what, I'd rather be the underdog.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 03:49 PM
John Wendling = Bear next SS

bearfan
01-15-2007, 03:52 PM

EDIT: you mean Brandon Merriweather :wink:

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 04:14 PM

EDIT: you mean Brandon Merriweather :wink:
I think 51 said this before... It wouldn't be wise to bring in some bad influences for Devin Hester back in his Miami days. Plus, I think JA is going to shy away from players with character issues.

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Merriweather is like school on Sunday, no class.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 04:29 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 04:33 PM

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Alright, who ever said we should consider getting rid of Robbie Gould needs to take their head out of their ass, and put their foot in their mouth. Hillenmeyer is a solid player, if he was going to be replaced it would have happened already. Now, this might be hard for some people to get, but don't do your mocks and what not assuming that Briggs is staying, because at this point it's just not likely. Chris Harris is a severely underrated player, he's not nearly as bad as all of you make him out be.

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Alright I just realized the right RB to step into the 2nd/3rd Rb role. Artie Whitlock from SIU.

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Alright I just realized the right RB to step into the 2nd/3rd Rb role. Artie Whitlock from SIU.
Sounds good. I'll check back next week to see who you think it is.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Alright I just realized the right RB to step into the 2nd/3rd Rb role. Lorenzo Booker from FSU

I couldn't agree more.

Bearsfan123
01-15-2007, 05:23 PM

The problem with Wolfe isnt that he's small height wise, its that he doesnt have much strength. He's quick, but what makes small backs like Barry Sanders and Maurice Jones-Drew great is their leg strength and I don't think Wolfe could help us. I think a guy like Gary Russel from Minnesota, Selvin Young from Texas, or DeShawn Wynn of Florida are better fits.

See thats why I like Darius Walker, hes a good blocker and I think he has a ton of potential for screens and such.So if we get a 4th rder for Jones (like i expect we do) then why not him? Plus I hope we all realize the next rb we draft is gonna be our 3rd back, most likely.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Check out the sweet sig 8)

SFbear
01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
[quote=sweetness34]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2731418

:razz:

Yes you did, and I'm pissed off. He basically slandered us in that article, yet he didn't realize that the Saints won by the same score, the Patriots played pathetically and somehow won, and Indy didn't score a TD and won a game. No team that won stood out from any of the other teams.

First and foremost I want to win this game to go to Miami and play in the SB. But secondly I want to win this game to shut up people like this piece of garbage.

Sure we could lose this game, but we could just as easily win it. We're not 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC for nothing. We earned that right in the regular season.

Idk, it's like the media has tried to find a way around us the entire year, and maybe we aren't as good as I think we are, but you'd think that we'd get some respect. The Saints are a darn good ball club, there is no denying that. But so are we, and I hope one of the reasons that people are picking the Saints isn't the "feel good Saints" or "destiny's team." And for some reason I really feel that it's a big reason why some people are picking them to win.

And hey you know what, we're playing for a city too. A fantastic city in Chicago. Sure we didn't have "Hurricana Katrina" hit in our city, but the media acts like New Orleans is the only team that is playing for their fans. I'm very happy for the Saints and the City of New Orleans, but enough is enough about it.

Like I said, I really hope this puts a chip on our boys' shoulders, I really do. Because it seems to me like none of the media is giving us a shot. But hey you know what, I'd rather be the underdog.

:lol: The NFL media is hilarious. Normally they are complaining that games are boring because teams are getting blown out. But when games are close they complain about how the teams are all evenly matched and therefore "mediocre". "Oh Dear God!! How am I going to figure out who to put at the top of Power Rankings!!! "

How could anybody complain about the NFC playoff games this weekend? That was some exciting football. Hard fought wins that come down to a few plays are what the playoffs are all about.

dabears10
01-15-2007, 06:12 PM

It's Arkee Whitlock, and I don't believe that he is the right fit for a 2nd/3rd RB cause he runs extremely similar to Benson. I think that Lorenzo Booker (3rd Round) and Darius Walker (5th round) are much better fits.

Tubby
01-15-2007, 08:43 PM
How do you guys feel about Robbie Gould? I saw while watching the game that he has never made a 50+ yard field goal. Do you think he shouldve made the pro bowl, even though his leg has never truly been tested?

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
How do you guys feel about Robbie Gould? I saw while watching the game that he has never made a 50+ yard field goal. Do you think he shouldve made the pro bowl, even though his leg has never truly been tested?He only missed like 4 kicks this year.

Tubby
01-15-2007, 09:10 PM
How do you guys feel about Robbie Gould? I saw while watching the game that he has never made a 50+ yard field goal. Do you think he shouldve made the pro bowl, even though his leg has never truly been tested?He only missed like 4 kicks this year.
True, but his leg has never been tested. It sure is easy to make a lot of field goals when you are only kicking 30 yarders.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 09:23 PM
True, but his leg has never been tested. It sure is easy to make a lot of field goals when you are only kicking 30 yarders.

******** he's never been tested. He was perfect this year from 40-49 yards I believe, and he basically nailed a 50 yarder to beat you guys on a very windy day.

He is also the highest scoring kicker in the league this year.

Smokey Joe
01-15-2007, 09:47 PM
The game winner he hit could have hit from at least 53.

VoteLynnSwan
01-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Alright, who ever said we should consider getting rid of Robbie Gould needs to take their head out of their ass, and put their foot in their mouth. Hillenmeyer is a solid player, if he was going to be replaced it would have happened already. Now, this might be hard for some people to get, but don't do your mocks and what not assuming that Briggs is staying, because at this point it's just not likely. Chris Harris is a severely underrated player, he's not nearly as bad as all of you make him out be.

I'll assume that you're talking about me... Never did i say we should get rid of Robbie Gould... I love Robbie, but the guy can't make anything over 50 yards, of course it wouldn't make sense to waste another roster spot on a second kicker... so there's obviously nothing we can do. Plus... he does happen to be about the best kicker from within 50 yards in the game right now...

VoteLynnSwan
01-16-2007, 12:06 AM

you are such a homer... seahawks fans in general are just raging homers.

Tubby
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM

I didnt come into this thread to argue. I came into this thread to see if I could get a non-homer response to my simple question. I mostly got homer responses, until you came in and made just a worthless, off topic post. Please, point out where I made a homer comment in my posts. It is true that I am a homer, I admit that, but that is not an excuse to take a simple question about another teams player and turn it into an all out flame on seahawks fans in general. I had respect for you as a poster and as the maker of my original sig, but all that has been lost.

SFbear
01-16-2007, 12:26 AM
-Jerramy Stevens has two "r"'s in his first name in the event that he ever drops one of them.

Now thats comedy :lol:

NYmoney
01-16-2007, 08:38 AM

I didnt come into this thread to argue. I came into this thread to see if I could get a non-homer response to my simple question. I mostly got homer responses, until you came in and made just a worthless, off topic post. Please, point out where I made a homer comment in my posts. It is true that I am a homer, I admit that, but that is not an excuse to take a simple question about another teams player and turn it into an all out flame on seahawks fans in general. I had respect for you as a poster and as the maker of my original sig, but all that has been lost.

Here's the problem with this comment: you say his leg has never been tested when he hit a 49 yard fg in Soldier Field to win the NFLDC. So tested would normally indicated that something of value is on the line (like, let's say your playoff livelihood), and the 50 yard mark is semantics when Joe Buck actually called it being a 50 yarder right before noting something along the lines of "it's being marked right inside the 33 yard line to make it a 49 yard fg actually."

Furthermore, you are being a homer every single time you post. The idea that Josh Brown and his 72%, 92%, 80%, and 73% seasons are better than Robbie's 77% and 89% seasons is absurd. EVEN MORE SO, the year that Josh Brown hit his "amazing" career long of 58 or some crap like that he had his career low in % of fg's made. So the idea that you can hit 1 long fg is indicative of your productivity is absurd.

In sum your argument is scored as an F. Please allow us to continue commentary on this weekend's game.

jbombul
01-16-2007, 09:08 AM
what kind of running back is thomas jones as far as recieving?? i could see the lions giving you guys a 4th for him i guess it all depends on what kind of recieving he is. what does his contract look like too? thanx guys and good luck this weekend

sweetness34
01-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Here's the problem with this comment: you say his leg has never been tested when he hit a 49 yard fg in Soldier Field to win the NFLDC. So tested would normally indicated that something of value is on the line (like, let's say your playoff livelihood), and the 50 yard mark is semantics when Joe Buck actually called it being a 50 yarder right before noting something along the lines of "it's being marked right inside the 33 yard line to make it a 49 yard fg actually."

Furthermore, you are being a homer every single time you post. The idea that Josh Brown and his 72%, 92%, 80%, and 73% seasons are better than Robbie's 77% and 89% seasons is absurd. EVEN MORE SO, the year that Josh Brown hit his "amazing" career long of 58 or some crap like that he had his career low in % of fg's made. So the idea that you can hit 1 long fg is indicative of your productivity is absurd.

In sum your argument is scored as an F. Please allow us to continue commentary on this weekend's game.

He won the NFL Draft Countdown? :shock: :lol:

But I totally agree. Again, Robbie I believe was perfect this year in b/w 40-49 yards, I could be mistaken but I think that's what I saw on nfl.com when I researched his stats.

Josh Brown may have proven himself to be a "bigger game kicker" than Gould, but this year...

A) Gould had a ton more points

B) Robbie beat you guys in the playoffs, on a windy day, from 50 yards

C) He was more accurate than Josh Brown was this season

I like Josh Brown as a kicker, but this season Robbie has had the better year if we look at all around stats.

NYmoney
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM

He won the NFL Draft Countdown? :shock: :lol:

But I totally agree. Again, Robbie I believe was perfect this year in b/w 40-49 yards, I could be mistaken but I think that's what I saw on nfl.com when I researched his stats.

Josh Brown may have proven himself to be a "bigger game kicker" than Gould, but this year...

A) Gould had a ton more points

B) Robbie beat you guys in the playoffs, on a windy day, from 50 yards

C) He was more accurate than Josh Brown was this season

I like Josh Brown as a kicker, but this season Robbie has had the better year if we look at all around stats.

exactly, and yes. Robbie is the unofficial 2006 winner of NFL draft countdown. Winner winner.

Bighead734
01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes, Robbie Gould does not have the biggest leg. Actually Sebastian Janikowski does and he went 18 for 25 this year.Which would you rather have? Just because he did not make one 50+ does not mean he can't make them. He's hit a couple 45+ yarders with enough leg to get through at 50+.

Gould has yet to attempt a 50 yarder so you can't say he doesnt have the leg to make them. He hasn't been tested past there, but he made two of the biggest field goals of the year just this past weekend.

The most important attribute of a kicker is accuracy and Gould has a career percentage of 84.1%, pretty reliable.

Gould definitely deserved the award this year and maybe Josh Brown did too. Brown could be said to have had more "clutch" kicks this year, but Robbie was more accurate. Both deserved the award but only one can get it, and with the way Robbie started you can't deny him the award.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I will be super excited if we did get Blalock. Best mock by Scott in a while!

bearsfan_51
01-16-2007, 01:01 PM
what kind of running back is thomas jones as far as recieving?? i could see the lions giving you guys a 4th for him i guess it all depends on what kind of recieving he is. what does his contract look like too? thanx guys and good luck this weekend
He's a very good reciever. In 2004 he led our team in receptions. As for his contract, he's only got one more year on it, so any team that might trade for him would likely do so only if they worked out an extension.

I think he would be an excellent fit for Mike Martz's offense, but I doubt Angelo would trade him in division, even to the Lions.

Tubby
01-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Many of you are bringing up Josh Browns accuracy. Let me point out I never brought up Josh Brown, and never had the intentions of making any comparisons to Josh Brown.

Josh Brown had three of his missed field goals blocked. Take those out of the equations and Brown and Gould have very similar accuracy numbers

bearsfan_51
01-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Many of you are bringing up Josh Browns accuracy. Let me point out I never brought up Josh Brown, and never had the intentions of making any comparisons to Josh Brown.

Josh Brown had three of his missed field goals blocked. Take those out of the equations and Brown and Gould have very similar accuracy numbers
Josh Brown is much better than the overrated Robbie Gould

NYmoney
01-16-2007, 03:01 PM

As far as I am concerned a missed fg is a missed fg. So a blocked kick or missed kick is the same thing on the scoreboard: 0pts.

Thus the concensus of this crowd is that of: Robbie Gould>>>Josh Brown.

sweetness34
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM

51 owns again :!:

DollarBill3181
01-16-2007, 05:39 PM
werent teh bears supposed to kill seattle according to their fans?
...so why are they bragging over squeeking it out on a OT comeback vs. a team tehy shoulda killed at home lol?
dont get it.
homefiled vs. Saints will help but idk, and Colts/Pats, idk?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-16-2007, 05:48 PM
...so why are they bragging over squeeking it out on a OT comeback vs. a team tehy shoulda killed at home lol?
dont get it.

It must suck being a Bills fan.

I don't see anyone bragging.

Bear fans are happy that they're playing next week and might be going to the superbowl.

A lot of people expected a close game.. Who expected the Bears to kill the Seahawks?

Enjoy watching the playoffs next week and not having a team to root for.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 05:57 PM
The only reason why the Saints were able to beat the Eagles was because of their insane HFA. I think they have no chance on the road here in Chicago.

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 07:02 PM
dont get it.
homefiled vs. Saints will help but idk, and Colts/Pats, idk?No, not a single person said that here.

bearfan
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
dont get it.
homefiled vs. Saints will help but idk, and Colts/Pats, idk?No, not a single person said that here.

haha, I even expected a loss :lol:

sweetness34
01-16-2007, 07:33 PM
dont get it.

Wow, you're a genius my friend, Einstein esque. That's some serious analysis right there folks. I might just have to bow down and call you Nostradamus.

I find it funny when people without playoff teams try to bash teams who are in the playoffs. That just makes me ROFLMAO. :lol:

Oh and on a side note, we beat the snot out of you this year, 36-10 or something like that? So please, don't try to come in here and call us out for "gloating" or "bragging" over the win this weekend. Because none of us were.

Playoff games are most always close games, no matter who you play. In 8 games so far in the playoffs, there has only been one blowout, which was the Jets and the Pats. So why don't you ***** to the Saints fans how they only beat the flipping Eagles, who have Garcia as their QB, by 3 points?

Btw, we played right with those Patriots in Foxboro (or wherever they play now) coming off 2 straight road games out east, and when Rex played very bad.

bearsfan_51
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
The only reason why the Saints were able to beat the Eagles was because of their insane HFA. I think they have no chance on the road here in Chicago.
They very much have a chance, don't be silly. The Dolphins beat us at home.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, they do have a chance, but I was getting pumped. I think the odds are in our favor though.

Boston
01-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Well, they do have a chance, but I was getting pumped. I think the odds are in our favor though.

Hasn't that been the story of the year for the saints though?

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 09:00 PM

Hasn't that been the story of the year for the saints though?
I don't know, and I kinda don't care. All I know is that the Bears are the better team, and they SHOULD win this Sunday. But, I won't be devestated if we lose, because that would show me that the Saints just wanted it more.

VoteLynnSwan
01-16-2007, 09:13 PM
How do you guys feel about Robbie Gould? I saw while watching the game that he has never made a 50+ yard field goal. Do you think he shouldve made the pro bowl, even though his leg has never truly been tested?

this is in response to your post about me calling you a homer...

This initial post is obviously only here to get a reaction out of us. You're trying to undermine Robbie Gould in order to make your kicker look better... that's what you were doing, don't try to deny it. That's why i called you a homer, because you think Josh Brown deserved the Pro-Bowl/All-Pro bid instead of Gould; one need no more than to look at your signature to figure that out.

VoteLynnSwan
01-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I really like the saints, and i'm kinda pissed that i can't root for them this weekend... however! I hope we kick their asses, although i forsee an extremely close game.

VoteLynnSwan
01-16-2007, 09:15 PM

I agree... he's a great prospect, and he would provide depth at guard and RT, which is what we need most, a versatile player who can play a number of positions on the OL. At least he didn't give us a TE though, that would've been terrible.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 09:20 PM

I agree... he's a great prospect, and he would provide depth at guard and RT, which is what we need most, a versatile player who can play a number of positions on the OL. At least he didn't give us a TE though, that would've been terrible.
If need be, Blalock could play all 5 spots on the line. But if we did get Blalock, I would say he wins the job over Metcalf early in the season.

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I love our pick in Scott's new mock. I'd be ecstatic if we drafted Blalock, I think if Lovie and Harry Heistand believed in Metcalf, he'd be starting over Garza, I think Blalock would be starting at a rookie. I'd go Blalock in the first, and Ugoh or Free in the second, franchise and trade Briggs for a second, draft Eric Weddle, and then draft Durant in the third and call it a day.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I love our pick in Scott's new mock. I'd be ecstatic if we drafted Blalock, I think if Lovie and Harry Heistand believed in Metcalf, he'd be starting over Garza, I think Blalock would be starting at a rookie. I'd go Blalock in the first, and Ugoh or Free in the second, franchise and trade Briggs for a second, draft Eric Weddle, and then draft Durant in the third and call it a day.
That would be a garbage day...

Resign Briggs, trade Jones and possibly a later 2nd day pick for a mid-late 3rd rounder. Then draft Blalock in the 1st and Wendling in the second. Draft either MeBane or a CB with the 1st 3rd and with the other 3rd draft Joe Newton or whichever one not taken in the previous 3rd round pick. THEN, call it a day.

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Resign Briggs, trade Jones and possibly a later 2nd day pick for a mid-late 3rd rounder. Then draft Blalock in the 1st and Wendling in the second. Draft either MeBane or a CB with the 1st 3rd and with the other 3rd draft Joe Newton or whichever one not taken in the previous 3rd round pick. THEN, call it a day.Briggs isn't getting resigned it's not happening. Blalock, Weddle, Ugoh, and Durant would be a pretty good draft day.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Resign Briggs, trade Jones and possibly a later 2nd day pick for a mid-late 3rd rounder. Then draft Blalock in the 1st and Wendling in the second. Draft either MeBane or a CB with the 1st 3rd and with the other 3rd draft Joe Newton or whichever one not taken in the previous 3rd round pick. THEN, call it a day.Briggs isn't getting resigned it's not happening. Blalock, Weddle, Ugoh, and Durant would be a pretty good draft day.
That is your oppinion about Briggs. I think it is possible that he can be resigned and right now I think it is 50/50.

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM

That is your oppinion about Briggs. I think it is possible that he can be resigned and right now I think it is 50/50.Yeah, no it's not. He wants too much money. Factoring in resigning Tommie Harris, Nathan Vasher, and possibly Rex Grossman, not to mention the emergency pool and rookie pool. Re-signing Briggs would be cap suicide, you can't have that much money pissed into one position and fully develope the rest of our team. Learn from the Colts. Our best bet at this point is too franchise him, trade him, keep Jones for his last year as the 3rd down back, and cut our losses.

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 10:49 PM
If we really wanted to add a second TE recieving target, Daniel Graham is an UFA. We can assume that after drafting David Thomas last year Graham will get his walking papers. I'd like to see him brought over just to help Rex's maturation and give him another safety valve.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 11:01 PM
If we really wanted to add a second TE recieving target, Daniel Graham is an UFA. We can assume that after drafting David Thomas last year Graham will get his walking papers. I'd like to see him brought over just to help Rex's maturation and give him another safety valve.
I think it would be better the produce a future TE then just get another aging vet.

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 11:02 PM
I think it would be better the produce a future TE then just get another aging vet.I think it would be better not to waste a draft pick on a TE. Graham would be able to contribute right away, rather than wait for their adjustment to the NFL.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I think it would be better the produce a future TE then just get another aging vet.I think it would be better not to waste a draft pick on a TE. Graham would be able to contribute right away, rather than wait for their adjustment to the NFL.
I think you're stupid :twisted:

Hurricane Ditka
01-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I think you're stupid :twisted:I think you're a homosexual.

Smokey Joe
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I think you're stupid :twisted:I think you're a homosexual.
who told!? Was it sweetness? I swear, I am going to cut off his testicals!!!

NYmoney
01-17-2007, 08:09 AM

Brain freeze...ahh...double negative. "isn't getting resigned it's not happening."

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
dont get it.

Wow, you're a genius my friend, Einstein esque. That's some serious analysis right there folks. I might just have to bow down and call you Nostradamus.

I find it funny when people without playoff teams try to bash teams who are in the playoffs. That just makes me ROFLMAO. :lol:

Oh and on a side note, we beat the snot out of you this year, 36-10 or something like that? So please, don't try to come in here and call us out for "gloating" or "bragging" over the win this weekend. Because none of us were.

Playoff games are most always close games, no matter who you play. In 8 games so far in the playoffs, there has only been one blowout, which was the Jets and the Pats. So why don't you *********** to the Saints fans how they only beat the flipping Eagles, who have Garcia as their QB, by 3 points?

Btw, we played right with those Patriots in Foxboro (or wherever they play now) coming off 2 straight road games out east, and when Rex played very bad.

stop now please, witht eh msg board abbv. and antics, im not here to compete in a match of msg board disses.

Dont ignore it, you guys were supposed to beat em bad, everyone everywhere thought it and knew it....and you didnt, rex did WELL, tjones too, but the D came up clutch which WAS VERY GREAT, but lakced early on. I cant beliver Urlacher was lookin like a backup at times, never seen him so confused, you gusy DEF have the POTENTIAL to win iot all so dont get all immature on me and right away take offense....man up......admit what went wrong.....and ackg. that needs to be fixed to win vs. the Saints and the SB, cause nothign woudl please me more than to see NE lose, so dont worry I'm in your corner, i jus hate seeing teams get cocky b4 they win it all, i saw it from ym team 4 yrs stright, peace.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Dude what is wrong with you? I could care less if you insult the Bears, but don't make me read your brutal English. Don't they provide government sponsored education in Buffalo? Seriously. I know dogs that write better than you.

sweetness34
01-17-2007, 01:31 PM
dont get it.

Playoff games are most always close games, no matter who you play. In 8 games so far in the playoffs, there has only been one blowout, which was the Jets and the Pats. So why don't you *********** to the Saints fans how they only beat the flipping Eagles, who have Garcia as their QB, by 3 points?

stop now please, witht eh msg board abbv. and antics, im not here to compete in a match of msg board disses.

Dont ignore it, you guys were supposed to beat em bad, everyone everywhere thought it and knew it....and you didnt, rex did WELL, tjones too, but the D came up clutch which WAS VERY GREAT, but lakced early on. I cant beliver Urlacher was lookin like a backup at times, never seen him so confused, you gusy DEF have the POTENTIAL to win iot all so dont get all immature on me and right away take offense....man up......admit what went wrong.....and ackg. that needs to be fixed to win vs. the Saints and the SB, cause nothign woudl please me more than to see NE lose, so dont worry I'm in your corner, i jus hate seeing teams get cocky b4 they win it all, i saw it from ym team 4 yrs stright, peace.

Wait, what went wrong with the game on Sunday? I'm confused, didn't we win?

Seattle was in the NFC Championship Game last year, they're no slouch. Did you even watch the Saints on Saturday? You're acting like we're the only team who has to come to play in order to win.

NYmoney
01-17-2007, 02:15 PM
dont get it.

Urlacher looked like a backup? To who? Friggin Butkus? Maybe Singletary? You must be kidding me. If you are in our "corner," then please become a realist. Urlacher is a fabulous mlb; one of the best defensive players out there. I'm certain he'll get the start Sunday...

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 02:50 PM
dont get it.

Dont ignore it, you guys were supposed to beat em bad, everyone everywhere thought it and knew it....and you didnt, rex did WELL, tjones too, but the D came up clutch which WAS VERY GREAT, but lakced early on. I cant beliver Urlacher was lookin like a backup at times, never seen him so confused, you gusy DEF have the POTENTIAL to win iot all so dont get all immature on me and right away take offense....man up......admit what went wrong.....and ackg. that needs to be fixed to win vs. the Saints and the SB, cause nothign woudl please me more than to see NE lose, so dont worry I'm in your corner, i jus hate seeing teams get cocky b4 they win it all, i saw it from ym team 4 yrs stright, peace.You sound like a god damn ******. Half of what you just said aren't even close to words in the English langague. If you understood football you're terrible grammar would be made up for, but in this case you just sound bad.

NYmoney
01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Dude what is wrong with you? I could care less if you insult the Bears, but don't make me read your brutal English. Don't they provide government sponsored education in Buffalo? Seriously. I know dogs that write better than you.

that's great.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 03:25 PM
dont get it.

Urlacher looked like a backup? To who? Friggin Butkus? Maybe Singletary? You must be kidding me. If you are in our "corner," then please become a realist. Urlacher is a fabulous mlb; one of the best defensive players out there. I'm certain he'll get the start Sunday...

Urlacher is amazing, he jsut didnt have his best game i was sayin, and im sure you know that as well - we all know he'll be ready for reggie.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
dont get it.

Wait, what went wrong with the game on Sunday? I'm confused, didn't we win?

Seattle was in the NFC Championship Game last year, they're no slouch. Did you even watch the Saints on Saturday? You're acting like we're the only team who has to come to play in order to win.

Yes, of corse you won lol, but a few things went wrong, Shaun did better than he should have, and with Deuce/Reggie, NewOr might look to take adv. of that, thats all really

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
[/quote]You sound like a god damn nice guy. Half of what you just said aren't even close to words in the English langague. If you understood football you're terrible grammar would be made up for, but in this case you just sound bad.[/quote]

im sorry, im confused, ya i mistyped, but everything i said makes sense, but that of corse why you referred to the grammar "professer" and not my point, lol.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Seriously just stop posting in here. Even seeing your mangled words hurts my eyes, not to mention that as an educator it's frustrating to know that people actually write like that in this world, let alone have access to the internet.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Seriously just stop posting in here. Even seeing your mangled words hurts my eyes, not to mention that as an educator it's frustrating to know that people actually write like that in this world, let alone have access to the internet.

haha, sorry, so whats my grade on the book report?
hey, big deal
but all i was sayin is chi underetimated seattle, and that they need to shape up for n.o.
im rooting for them sunday

NYmoney
01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
You sound like a god damn nice guy. Half of what you just said aren't even close to words in the English langague. If you understood football you're terrible grammar would be made up for, but in this case you just sound bad.[/quote]

im sorry, im confused, ya i mistyped, but everything i said makes sense, but that of corse why you referred to the grammar "professer" and not my point, lol.[/quote]

See his prior comment with the phrase "corse" as in 'of course.' Furthermore, it is difficult to determine what you mean when you type words like "professer." I think you're trying to say that we underperformed and NO will beat the bears if chi doesn't step it up. Perhaps, but I'm happy with where we stand...middle of Soldier Field for the pre game ceremonies.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
You sound like a god damn nice guy. Half of what you just said aren't even close to words in the English langague. If you understood football you're terrible grammar would be made up for, but in this case you just sound bad.

im sorry, im confused, ya i mistyped, but everything i said makes sense, but that of corse why you referred to the grammar "professer" and not my point, lol.[/quote]

See his prior comment with the phrase "corse" as in 'of course.' Furthermore, it is difficult to determine what you mean when you type words like "professer." I think you're trying to say that we underperformed and NO will beat the bears if chi doesn't step it up. Perhaps, but I'm happy with where we stand...middle of Soldier Field for the pre game ceremonies.[/quote]

i hope so man, nothing better than seeing a guy liek rex overcome the criticism he took

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I'd like to clarify, I did not call him a nice guy. I called him a ******.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I'd like to clarify, I did not call him a nice guy. I called him a ******.

why are you so mad when i support your team?
i just pointed out what they needed to improve in in order to beat the saints, and you then call me out on mistyping, i dont get it.