PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

bearsfan_51
01-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd like to clarify, I did not call him a nice guy. I called him a ******.

why are you so mad when i support your team?
i just pointed out what they needed to improve in in order to beat the saints, and you then call me out on mistyping, i dont get it.
It's cool dude. You really don't bother me with what you say, none of it is incorrect, it just takes me 15 minutes to figure out what you're actually trying to say outside of your mangled language and incoherant phrases.

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 05:01 PM

i just pointed out what they needed to improve in in order to beat the saints, and you then call me out on mistyping, i dont get it.I needed to clarify that I don't call people nice guys.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM

i just pointed out what they needed to improve in in order to beat the saints, and you then call me out on mistyping, i dont get it.
It's cool dude. You really don't bother me with what you say, none of it is incorrect, it just takes me 15 minutes to figure out what you're actually trying to say outside of your mangled language and incoherant phrases.

haha cool, ya my best friend is a bears fan (my team is kc), cause in buffalo you need a 2nd team LOL

Smokey Joe
01-17-2007, 05:58 PM
ladies and gents... can we stop with the ***** fights? There is a HUGE game this Sunday...

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 06:06 PM
ladies and gents... can we stop with the *********** fights? There is a HUGE game this Sunday...Sunday's too far away. I've got two finals in between now and then. Something I think has to be said is the Bears must have a sense of urgency, if they lose on Sunday the whole season is for naught. They need to want it more than the Saints, nothing less than Superbowl appearance will make an impact for this city or team. It would be two steps backwards and we'd be at last year again. The Bears must want it more, it's Superbowl or bust. The Saints should be happy to have gotten this far, but the Bears need this win for the state of their franchise.

bearfan
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I think I am going to call a replacement for tennis league on sunday, that way I can watch all the game 8)

And I agree, to me, its SuperBowl or nothing. I mean its nice to have your team in the playoffs, but if you dont even get to the big stage the good season is for nothing and I wouldnt mind the higher pick in that case.

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 06:47 PM
It's different for teams like the Jets and the Saints, making the playoffs for them was a long-shot after last years draft. The Bears need to win the Super Bowl or this season is a wash, a bust, this season becomes no different than 01 or 05.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2007, 08:20 PM
It's different for teams like the Jets and the Saints, making the playoffs for them was a long-shot after last years draft. The Bears need to win the Super Bowl or this season is a wash, a bust, this season becomes no different than 01 or 05.
That's lunacy.

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 08:31 PM
That's lunacy.Poppycock it's brilliance. This team needs to win now, they need it more than the Saints do. Another home playoff loss, the 3rd in the last 3 playoff appearances, will not be tolerated.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
That's lunacy.Poppycock it's brilliance. This team needs to win now, they need it more than the Saints do. Another home playoff loss, the 3rd in the last 3 playoff appearances, will not be tolerated.
By whom? What are you going to do?

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
By whom? What are you going to do?By me. Complain a whole lot.

Smokey Joe
01-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Shocked you didn't say you'd try and take my life again :shock: :(

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Shocked you didn't say you'd try and take my life again :shock: :(Oh that's already been taken care of. You know how mobsters plant bombs in cars, well I'll give a clue where I planted it, it's a whole on sweetness, and it isn't his belly button or mouth, and you like to go there alot.

Smokey Joe
01-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Shocked you didn't say you'd try and take my life again :shock: :(Oh that's already been taken care of. You know how mobsters plant bombs in cars, well I'll give a clue where I planted it, it's a whole on sweetness, and it isn't his belly button or mouth, and you like to go there alot.
His ears?

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
His ears?Ear sex all the way.

Star Wideout
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Alright guys you gotta win sunday, represent the NFC North.

I actually don't think you'll have much of a problem with the Saints, their offense struggles mightily against teams with athletic linebackers, and defenses which force turnovers. See the Baltimore game (where they got annihilated 35-7 before the Ravens showed mercy)

If the Redskins with the last ranked Defense in the nfc can hold the Saints offense to 10 points in the Superdome imagine what the Bears can do? Even though the Bears Defense gave up 24 pts vs Seattle,the Seahawks were 0 for 7 on plays that were 3rd and 3 or less. The Bears D makes all the stops when it counts.

Also Rex Grossman will tear up the New Orleans secondary, Josh Bullocks and Fred Thomas are horrible and always give up huge plays.

Bears will roll in this one.

Smokey Joe
01-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Alright guys you gotta win sunday, represent the NFC North.

I actually don't think you'll have much of a problem with the Saints, their offense struggles mightily against teams with athletic linebackers, and defenses which force turnovers. See the Baltimore game (where they got annihilated 35-7 before the Ravens showed mercy)

If the Redskins with the last ranked Defense in the nfc can hold the Saints offense to 10 points in the Superdome imagine what the Bears can do? Even though the Bears Defense gave up 24 pts vs Seattle,the Seahawks were 0 for 7 on plays that were 3rd and 3 or less. The Bears D makes all the stops when it counts.

Also Rex Grossman will tear up the New Orleans secondary, Josh Bullocks and Fred Thomas are horrible and always give up huge plays.

Bears will roll in this one.
QFT

Shiver
01-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I am optimistic, and hopeful, you can knock out the Saints. I really, really, really don't want to listen to the BS between games that will certainly occur.

bearsfan_51
01-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Did anyone see the Colbert Report last night talking about the Saints and the playoffs? Pretty good stuff.

SFbear
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Did anyone see the Colbert Report last night talking about the Saints and the playoffs? Pretty good stuff.

He hates Bears.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-18-2007, 01:33 PM
You guys crack me up. I've been away from the board for a shorter time, but I come back and there's 4+ pages of comedy gould--as well as good football insight--that I have to go through, chuckling and nodding the whole way. So many topics have been brought up, addressed (and sometimes answered), that I don't have anything dramatic to say, so I'll just share a few thoughts.

1) Gould doesn't have a "big" leg. So what? Butt-head had a somewhat "big" leg, but what made him one of the greatest Bears kickers of all time was his overall performance and reliability--and as the Bears have not asked Gould to kick 50+ yard field goals this year, all we can say is that he is performing very well overall, and is very reliable. Arguing anything else is counterfactual (which is stupid when you're talking about 'historical' events) and just plain sour grapes homerism. While there are kickers I'd rather have than Gould, he's a frickin' second-year kicker!!!! He's going to get stronger, and better, as time goes on. And that's very comforting, considering how good he's been this year.

2) Mark Anderson is going to be a huge asset to the team for a while... not just because his sack totals and his (usually) very good pursuit angles, but because he's getting paid 2nd-day pick salary. The Bears can afford to keep someone like Wale or Brown even if Anderson's play makes him the starter, simply because Anderson is small paycheck for the next couple years.

3) Briggs... I think what happens with Lance ultimately will depend on how the Bears do for the rest of the year. A good performance will leave a good taste in everyone's mouth, and will make the contract talks less acrimonious. I think regardless of what numbers get thrown around, Briggs gets the franchise tag. No, he won't like it. But if this season ends well, he might be willing to take the money for a chance to ride with a winner again. Otherwise, he'll be traded, likely for a pick.

4) Graham won't be there for the Bears to take. Even if Farve doesn't come back, the Cheez-its want/need a veteran TE upgrade over Bubba. Gonzales would have been a savior for them; Graham will do.

5) TJ... I think it's becoming more and more evident that Cedric is able to perform at a very high level in games. Maybe he isn't at this moment as good a pass blocker as TJ. I think the Bears are willing to take that risk. And has anyone noticed that the more Benson is integrated into the game plan, the less noise he makes? Compare Cedric's attitude during camp when he was anointed the starter, to his attitude after his injury, to his attitude/performance lately. Yeah, he's young and selfish and not the team guy/warrior that TJ is. But neither was Marshall Faulk when he was at Indy, and neither was TJ when he was in AZ or even Tampa. Cedric has a lot of upside, and that will make TJ an easy decision. Almost too easy, as whoever gets him is going to get a great deal.

6) Chris Harris hits like a ton of bricks. But like bricks, he does not wrap up. That must change for me to take him out of my dog house.

7) Reggie Bush didn't do a whole lot last week after he got demolished early in the game (by a DB!). RMJ, Harris, and even Peanut can and will light up Bush if given the chance, though honestly, I think it's going to be Brown or Anderson who is going to put the hurt on Bush early, if NO tries to run an outlet or a side screen to Bush. Bush is not who worries me about NO... it's Brees and McCalister who worry me about NO.

8) I think the Bears DBs match up very well against NO receivers. I think the interior line and our glorious MLB got exposed a bit by the spread formations Seattle ran out of, and if NO does the same thing, we might be in for a long day. Brees is a very accurate passer, so we can't count on any Matt "We're going to take the ball... and win!" Hasselbeck-like bad throws... Brees has to be pressured and/or his receivers have to be blanketed. I'm not confident about the former, but the latter is a good bet.

That said, I see a lot of yards piled up against the Bears, with some critical stops and phenomenal turnovers going the Bears' way.

*whew* that was a lot of typing. I'm spent.

VoteLynnSwan
01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
what do you guys think about a later round TE? Someone i like is Matt Herian, although he does have some injury concerns. If he's there in the 5th i think he'd be worth a look.

Hurricane Ditka
01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
We need a prediction from you INBO. Anywho, I can't wait for Sunday. It's getting colder and colder.

NYmoney
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
This conversation about pure sports has gone on too long without a word from our sponsor...this is oouuuuuuuuurrrrrrr couuuunnnntrrrrryyyyyyyy.

blkwdw13
01-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I can't wait for Sunday because I just got a ticket to the game.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
This conversation about pure sports has gone on too long without a word from our sponsor...this is oouuuuuuuuurrrrrrr couuuunnnntrrrrryyyyyyyy.

Please die.

===

Prediction tomorrow. I have to crunch some numbers (otherwise known as drink a beer and fart) before I can make a definitive call.

By the way, let me add two truisms that I have said before and I will continue to say:

1) Devin Hester is a loaded gun, safety off. Often he's going to go off and blow a team away... but sometimes he's going to blow up in our faces.

2) Hillenmyer is a liability in coverage; (most of the time) he cannot cover tight ends. His good play against Jerramy (I have two Rs in my name just in case I drop one) Stevens notwithstanding, he does not impress me, and looks much better because of the play of Urlacher, Briggs, and whichever DE is lined up in front of him.

Hurricane Ditka
01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Hillenmeyer is better than he gets credit for. He's been a solid contributor on the defense during his tenure in Chicago. Although he's great for a two-down player, which is why it's important to draft a replacement for Briggs.

NYmoney
01-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Hillenmeyer is better than he gets credit for. He's been a solid contributor on the defense during his tenure in Chicago. Although he's great for a two-down player, which is why it's important to draft a replacement for Briggs.

hillenmeyer=above average lb. i don't find him to be a liability at all. much more of an asset.

Hurricane Ditka
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM

hillenmeyer=above average lb. i don't find him to be a liability at all. much more of an asset.That's why he got himself a nice signed extension last offseason.

VoteLynnSwan
01-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I want you guys to list some guys at the following positions we should look at... make it realistic... don't just say Calvin, Adrian, Jamarcus... etc...

OT:

OG:

DT:

OLB:

S:

RB:

WR:

TE:

you don't have to list all of them, i'd just be interested in what other people have in mind for those positions... plus i'm just bumping the topic back up...

VoteLynnSwan
01-19-2007, 12:44 AM
also... what do you guys think about Scott's second round pick? Jeff Samardzija... that would be interesting... I'd personally love to see him on the Bears, and i think he would be a great compliment to Berrian and Bradley, and could possibly take over for Moose once he's put out to pasture.. I really only like the pick because then he could play for my two favorite pro teams though.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-19-2007, 06:41 AM

I'm not sure too many people give Hillenmeyer any credit, to be honest. He's an OK player--I'm not saying he isn't--but in coverage, he does not have the physical tools to prevent TEs from catching the ball.

I don't think he qualifies as "great" by any stretch of the imagination. Colvin was a much better SAM and I would hesitate to call him "great."

I think the point of locking Hillenmeyer up was not his 'stellar' play, but because he's a versatile back-up and a known, relatively dependable quantity in a very solid LB corps. But of the 11 guys who started game 4 (or whenever it was that Manning took over FS), Hillenmeyer was by far the weakest link. Come to think of it, I'd say that he still is the weakest link, though if Chris Harris can't improve his tackling, he would get that designation.

blkwdw13
01-19-2007, 07:54 AM
OT: Tony Ugoh, Joe Staley, Aaron Sears

OG: Justin Blalock, Ben Grubbs

DT: Brandon Mebane, Amobi Okoye

OLB: Lawrence Timmons, Jon Beason, Earl Evertt Rufus Alexander

S: Michael Griffen, Aaron Rouse

RB: Lorenzo Booker

WR:

TE:

bearsfan_51
01-19-2007, 10:02 AM
I hate the Shark Boy pick btw. Hate it.

bigbluedefense
01-19-2007, 10:04 AM
If the weather is anything like how it was at Giants stadium when the Saints clobbered us, your chances are very good. Brees couldn't handle the windy environment and had a horrible game. They won because they ran all over our face, but thats a different topic of discussion.

Whats the forecast for the game? Do the winds swirl at Soldier field or is it more of a linear wind? Im sure Payton wants to spread you guys out, but if he can't do that, it makes the Saints chances worse.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 10:07 AM
High 30°F Low 26°F Precipitation-70%

bigbluedefense
01-19-2007, 10:09 AM
High 30°F Low 26°F Precipitation-70%

Sounds like the ball is in your court. As long as you stop the run, this game should be in the bag. I personally don't see Rex having a bad game. Especially against the Saints. Berrian is gonna be open all day.

blkwdw13
01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I hate the Shark Boy pick btw. Hate it.

I don't like the pick either and the only receiver I would be interested in would be Meachum but the Bears have more pressing needs than a receiver.

bigbluedefense
01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Mark it down. Shark will be no better than a Joe Jurivicious (don't know how to spell it) in the NFL. Far too slow, no fluidity, I just don't see it.

He's probably going to baseball anyway. More money, easier life. And guaranteed money at that.

And when youre that ugly, the extra money will come in handy when youre competing for chicks with your teammates.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I hate the Shark Boy pick btw. Hate it.I don't hate it, but that doesn't mean I like it. Especially with Rufus (Alexander) the Great and Jon Beason available. And I think I"d prefer Yanda over Sears, but since niether can play LT, I wouldn't pick them in the first. Joe Staley or Justin Blalock would be my first round choices at OLine.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't mind the Sears pick at all. 32nd isn't too high to pick a guy a RT if he can hold the position down for years for you. In today's game, RT is almost as important as LT anyway.

NYmoney
01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Prelude to my analysis of the game: Bears 24 Saints 20. Breakdown to follow shortly hereafter.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't mind the Sears pick at all. 32nd isn't too high to pick a guy a RT if he can hold the position down for years for you. In today's game, RT is almost as important as LT anyway.I don't mind Sears, I just like Yanda. But with Joe Staley on the board, I think you need to take the left tackle potential. LT is still more important than RT, and Tait is much better right tackle than left tackle.

dabears10
01-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Well we won't draft Samardzija.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2736354

NYmoney
01-19-2007, 02:26 PM

good news. very glad to hear this.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 02:34 PM

good news. very glad to hear this.This is good for the Cubs and the Bears.

VoteLynnSwan
01-19-2007, 04:00 PM

good news. very glad to hear this.This is good for the Cubs and the Bears.

well i think that this could be a really great thing for the Bears, who may be able to get him without drafting him... He says he's done with football, but i don't know, i think he may just give it a shot.

diabsoule
01-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Game in less than 2 days. Good luck guys, it should be a good one.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Just got a brand spankin' new Bernard Berrian jersey. Be jealous.

Star Wideout
01-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Saw this while browsing for different teams hl vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzo9oXiNrXY&NR

pretty cool, going back and thinking about it Grossman was actually tearing it up early in the year.

Smokey Joe
01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I hate the Aaron Sears pick. If there isn't first round talent available there, you might as well either trade down or pick the BPA.

Don't get me wrong, Aaron Sears is good and all, but he is not 1st round worthy, IMO.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I hate the Aaron Sears pick. If there isn't first round talent available there, you might as well either trade down or pick the BPA.

Don't get me wrong, Aaron Sears is good and all, but he is not 1st round worthy, IMO.Joe Staley>>Aaron Sears.

Smokey Joe
01-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Don't get me wrong, Aaron Sears is good and all, but he is not 1st round worthy, IMO.Joe Staley>>Aaron Sears.
agreed, and IMO, Staley is first round talent.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 07:40 PM

agreed, and IMO, Staley is first round talent.I'm really not too crazy about Scott's new mock. Since Shark isn't playing football, and Staley was available instead of Sears. Rufus and Jon Beason were available at the end of the second.

Smokey Joe
01-19-2007, 07:50 PM

agreed, and IMO, Staley is first round talent.I'm really not too crazy about Scott's new mock. Since Shark isn't playing football, and Staley was available instead of Sears. Rufus and Jon Beason were available at the end of the second.
Scott has changed it to Beason in the second.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Hells Yeah. Now he just needs to change it to Staley in the first.

sweetness34
01-19-2007, 08:34 PM

Oh so you're trying to suck up to us now huh. :roll: :lol:

Thanks diabsoule, good luck to you guys as well. Not good luck in a winning sense, but good luck on staying healthy and stuff like that. :D

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 10:49 PM
A day and some change still the game. This is going to be huge.

sweetness34
01-19-2007, 10:55 PM
A day and some change still the game. This is going to be huge.

Yes it is. :D

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
The only analyst worth a damn at ESPN picked us (John Clayton), the rest picked the amazing Hurricane Relief Task Force.

Star Wideout
01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
The guys on CBS sportline are showing the Bears more respect.

4 out of 6 of their analysts picked them http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/week20

also the one ESPN pick that went to the Bears was their computer "Accuscore" that program or w/e the hell it is is surprisingly accurate o nthe season it had a correction percentage of 75% against the spread.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 11:21 PM
The guys on CBS sportline are showing the Bears more respect.

4 out of 6 of their analysts picked them http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/week20

also the one ESPN pick that went to the Bears was their computer "Accuscore" that program or w/e the hell it is is surprisingly accurate o nthe season it had a correction percentage of 75% against the spread.Clayton picked the Bears too.

diabsoule
01-19-2007, 11:39 PM

Thanks diabsoule, good luck to you guys as well. Not good luck in a winning sense, but good luck on staying healthy and stuff like that. :D

You're right, I am trying to suck up! :P

My only concern for you guys on Sunday is if your team is going to sleep since it's winter and Bears hibernate in winter.

Smokey Joe
01-19-2007, 11:41 PM

You're right, I am trying to suck up! :P

My only concern for you guys on Sunday is if your team is going to sleep since it's winter and Bears hibernate in winter.
Don't worry, the Bears is just a nickname, they're not real Bears... except maybe Staley, he is one crazy **********ker.

bearfan
01-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Hmmm, I know you all have faith in Rex...but I still wouldnt mind taking a QB..

Now looking at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkci1jSX5B0

I know its a highlight video, and he has struggled this year. But to me that video shows just what he can be, with good coaching, and could probably get better.

Xiomera
01-20-2007, 11:40 AM
New Bears Logo:

http://www.huggable-bear.com/images/HB_10BRNLOVE.jpg

bearsfan_51
01-20-2007, 11:41 AM
New Bears Logo:

Nobody likes a copycat Xio.

Although he is kinda cute. :oops:

Xiomera
01-20-2007, 11:43 AM
New Bears Logo:

Nobody likes a copycat Xio.

Although he is kinda cute. :oops:

Well . . . you are the Bears, and yet your logo is the letter C . . . I'm just sayin' . . .

Smokey Joe
01-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I am going to go to bed at like 5 o'clock today so I don't have to wait that much longer.

Star Wideout
01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
A few more stats that favor the Bears.

The Saints are 0-4 against teams with top 10 Defenses.

The Saints have a problem with following up emotional victories with letdown games, after their emotional monday night victory over the Falcons they lost to Carolina, after beating, after beating the Eagles in the regular season they got dominated by Baltimore, after a sunday night win over thw Cowboys they lost to the Redskins at home.

My prediction for the game is Bears 34 - Saints 20

Xiomera
01-20-2007, 01:46 PM

The Saints have a problem with following up emotional victories with letdown games, after their emotional monday night victory over the Falcons they lost to Carolina, after beating, after beating the Eagles in the regular season they got dominated by Baltimore, after a sunday night win over thw Cowboys they lost to the Redskins at home.

Pretty optimistic don't you think? I don't think either team will win by more than 10, and more likely a touchdown.

I don't see the Bears scoring 34 points.

Hurricane Ditka
01-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I am going to go to bed at like 5 o'clock today so I don't have to wait that much longer.Freeze yourself like Cartman.

Star Wideout
01-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Pretty optimistic don't you think? I don't think either team will win by more than 10, and more likely a touchdown.

I don't think it's too out of the ordinary the Saints have a pretty big weakness in the secondary, Fred Thomas and Mike McKenzie lack foot speed, and Thomas in particular has a tendency to give up huge pass plays.

their safeties aren't too great as well.

If Turner let's Rex chuck the deep ball like he did back in Weeks 1-4 to Berrian, Davis. I could see them putting up a lot of points, if they get good protection.

Hurricane Ditka
01-20-2007, 01:54 PM

I don't see the Bears scoring 34 points.The Saints defense can be exploited on the edges, Fred Thomas is very beatable.

sweetness34
01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
One more day fellas, well actually 22 hours but man I'm geeked for this game. It's been a great ride this season, but let's not let it end now; hopefully we'll be playing in Miami in 2 weeks for the Championship, now get it done boys! :D

Hurricane Ditka
01-20-2007, 02:46 PM
The Bears need to win. They need it more than if they were playing the Cowboys, or the Eagles. They need it because I don't wanna hear any other two weeks, and a Superbowl listening to the media lick the Saints balls.

GB12
01-20-2007, 02:49 PM

I got

Bears-24
Saints-14

sweetness34
01-20-2007, 03:27 PM

I got

Bears-24
Saints-14

Holy ****, a Packer fan picking us to win? Hell must've frozen over. :lol:

SFbear
01-20-2007, 03:36 PM
The Bears need to win. They need it more than if they were playing the Cowboys, or the Eagles. They need it because I don't wanna hear any other two weeks, and a Superbowl listening to the media lick the Saints balls.

I want to win too, but Im not looking forward to two weeks of "Which Rex Grossman will show up to the Super Bowl?"

sweetness34
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM

I want to win too, but Im not looking forward to two weeks of "Which Rex Grossman will show up to the Super Bowl?"

Isn't that something, especially when both Manning and Brady have played bad in the playoffs so far. But no one seems to talk about that.

Also, Brees has been known to have bad games this year, so it's not a guarantee that he'll be lights out against us. I'm pretty confident that he'll have a good game but anything can happen in the Windy City!

Mr. Myogi
01-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I think Rufus alexander would fit right in with the Bears. I believe they'll bring back Briggs, but just in case we shoud pick up alexander for depth. He also is
not that talked about and sort of a sleeper.

iameverywhere
01-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Isn't that something, especially when both Manning and Brady have played bad in the playoffs so far. But no one seems to talk about that.

Also, Brees has been known to have bad games this year, so it's not a guarantee that he'll be lights out against us. I'm pretty confident that he'll have a good game but anything can happen in the Windy City!

Rather hear about Rex then the New Orleans Katrina rehash and the warmed over Brees "Rehab Story" / New Orleans "Rehab Story." Uggggggggggg.

Go DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokey Joe
01-20-2007, 04:23 PM
McAllister's stats on turf vs. grass this season (including playoffs)

ON GRASS:
22 ATT 90 YDS 4.1 AVG (@CLE)
12 ATT 47 YDS 3.9 AVG (@GB)
11 ATT 39 YDS 3.5 AVG (@CAR)
15 ATT 32 YDS 2.1 AVG (@TB)
15 ATT 60 YDS 4.0 AVG (@PIT)
27 ATT 108 YDS 4.0 AVG (@NYG)

ON TURF:
19 ATT 81 YDS 4.3 AVG (ATL)
15 ATT 123 YDS 8.2 AVG (TB)
12 ATT 64 YDS 5.3 AVG (PHI)
5 ATT 11 YDS 2.2 AVG (BAL)
10 ATT 40 YDS 4.0 AVG (CIN)
20 ATT 71 YDS 3.6 AVG (@ATL)
26 ATT 136 YDS 5.2 AVG (SF)
21 ATT 111 YDS 5.3 AVG (@DAL)
15 ATT 48 YDS 3.2 AVG (WAS)
21 ATT 143 YDS 6.8 AVG (PHI)

Plus, he should get a real name.

bearsfan_51
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Rufus was talked about a lot a few months ago, but his stock has dropped.

Good news that the Steelers hired Mike Tomlin as it's a blow to Minny and it all but ensures that Rivera will be back as our DC next year.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Game day boys. Now let's git r dun today and then book our tickets for Miami! :D

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-21-2007, 10:05 AM
"Bear weather" is more wishful thinking than reality.

That said, snow and cold favro the Bears more than they favor the Saints, especially with the problems the Bears have been having on defense lately (in short, a slippery field surface means that NO won't be hitting the edges much, allowing the Bears to concentrate on the middle, where they've been soft lately).

Or that might be my wishful thinking.

Still, I'm going to take the Bears, 27-21.

Addict
01-21-2007, 12:29 PM
let's hope our D-Line can hold up against bush/mcallister...

fingers crossed.

And please dear God please, don't make Rex mess it up! PLEASE!!!?

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
let's hope our D-Line can hold up against bush/mcallister...

fingers crossed.

And please dear God please, don't make Rex mess it up! PLEASE!!!?

Brees has just as bit of a shot to screw up as Rex does. Also, if I was a Saints fan, I'd be worried about Jones/Benson just as much as we worry about McAllister/Bush. Oh and they might want to worry about Hester as well.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Dear Bears,

Good luck fellas. It seems like you're the underdog in this game, so go out and prove everyone wrong. You've got not only a whole city behind you, but also a crowd of 65,000 people who'll try and help guide you to victory.

So go out and win this game. And hopefully we can start booking our tickets to Miami in 2 weeks. It's been 20 years for us, and never for the Saints. So let's make their drought last another year.

We're already proud of what you've done this season; but don't be satisfied by a division title and a 2nd round victory. The Super Bowl is the ultimate goal, so take care of business this afternoon.

Love,

sweetness, 51, IBNO, HD, 123, 54, SFBear, toonsterwu, addict, BUST, Smokey, BigHead, and the rest of the Bear fans on this board and around the country.

BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Dude you are so corny. :lol:

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Dude you are so corny. :lol:

:D

It's from the heart 51, it's from the heart.

Donno
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I want the Bears to win it all, Im sick of this Rex thing though he will be fine for the rest of the playoffs and Super Bowl :wink: . Hes only human leave the guy alone damn.

GB12
01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00031TXAE.01._PE40_.Chicago-Bears-Super-Bowl-Shuffle._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:cry:

diabsoule
01-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Good game, guys. I am disappointed the Saints did not win but you guys played very well and beat us. So, congratulations, and good luck in the Super Bowl.

Freddy G
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM
One of my few predictions that has actually come true! I said it in August and never waiverd.

To bad the browns couldn't be there as well, then it would be Romeo vs. Lovie! :lol:

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Chicago Bears- 2006 NFC Champions.

Sounds pretty damn nice. 8)

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bearfan
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
YEAAAHH BABBYYY

Smokey Joe
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
SUPERBOWL!!!

Rematch from earlier season and superbowl XX or the battle of black HC's who are also best friends?

Smokey Joe
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Lovie Smith and the Bears are not true Americans... beating the Saints, slaughtering the Saints. Do they have no decency?

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Right now I think I'd rather face the Patriots. But either way it's going to be an incredibly tough game.

iameverywhere
01-21-2007, 05:48 PM

Rather hear about Rex then the New Orleans Katrina rehash and the warmed over Brees "Rehab Story" / New Orleans "Rehab Story." Uggggggggggg.

Go DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god. I am spared the media pity party AND the better team won too.

Smokey Joe
01-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Denny Green was right about one thing this year. . . :twisted:

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow.

That is the way the Bears need to play. Aside from that 8 minutes or so from the last minute of the first half through midway through the 3rd quarter, I could not have asked for anything more.

I was saying all week that the play calling should look like Benson-Benson-Jones-Benson-Benson-Benson-Jones-Jones-Berrian-Benson-Benson-Jones-Benson-Jones-Clark,
and that's pretty much what it was. 196 yards rushing? Zero sacks? Defense stifled McAllister?? That's all I could ever ask for.

Rinse and repeat in XLI and the Bears will win, no matter who the opponent is. The Bears were clearly the better team in the early game, and the way they stepped things up this week, I think that they'll be VERY tough in Miami.

Though to the oddsmakers and prognosticators, I ask you to please call the Bears the underdogs. They're eating that up, and it makes me look good when I pick them to win on the Chicagosports.com pool (I lost my #1 ranking last week and dropped to #5, 2 points off the lead... but I should be back in first now... and that $200 gift certificate will buy me the Walter Payton jersey I've been wanting).

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm guessing the Bears will be at least 4-5 point underdogs. I don't think there is any question of that. If it was San Diego I could see it as high as 10-12 but New England isn't exactely dominating.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Yea baby!!!!!!!!!! We're goin to the ship!!!!!!!

And the Bears listened to my speech to them!!!!

Whooot!!!!!!!

Smokey Joe
01-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Yea baby!!!!!!!!!! We're goin to the ship!!!!!!!

And the Bears listened to my speech to them!!!!

Whooot!!!!!!!
I e-mailed it to every single one of them...

bearfan
01-21-2007, 06:23 PM
this is BS, we are still getting crap

Windy
01-21-2007, 06:26 PM
…………………………………………………. __ . __……………………
……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„…………………
………………………………………………../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………..
………………„~*¯¯`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : .. `-, …...
……………../ : · :,.~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\…..
………….....| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` ``)/· ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \…
…………….| : · / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„ ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` · · ): : : : : : : : : : : |…
……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `¯ . . ·`), . ,-~`.. \ : : : · · '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/…
……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ · · · · `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘ ….
……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, · · · · · · ¯”~---,--`…….
…„„………__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ · · · · · · · · „-“…………
.( :·`\,-~*`¯ · · ·`¯` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `` / : | · · · ,---~*”`……………
. \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯¯¯¯/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : : · · · ·\………………….
…`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„„/ ,/`: : / · · · · ·| ………………..
…………………….\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : / · · · · · · | ………………..
……… (`*”-,„,-”¯¯”`-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~”`¯: : : :/ · · · · · · |.………………..
………. | : :,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · · ·| ………………..
……… . \ : :\, · · · · \\ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · ./ …………………
………… \\,_`~.,_„,.-*\\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : ¯-, · · · /,…………………..
…………..`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)· ·,-; `’\,………………..
……………..`*-\ : : : `~----~*` / · · · · · · · · “”~”` ·/` ·( _ :………………
…………. ,.¬-,--\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`…..’-„,-‘……………….
…………..| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*`……………………………
…………./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.--`………………………………………….
…………| | : : : :¯ : ,/ ¯ ………………………………………………….
………….\,\,_,„./---~`………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………… ……………

Poet3334
01-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Congratulations guys. Great game. Good luck to you.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks a lot.

I don't know who to root for in this game, so I'm just rooting for a bunch of injuries. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Benson's not going to get the credit he should, his ypc wasn't very good, but he played one hell of a game. Alot of his runs came at the end when they knew we were going to run, and during our slump, when the Saints had momentum.

Poet3334
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks a lot.

I don't know who to root for in this game, so I'm just rooting for a bunch of injuries. :lol:

I'm pulling for the Colts. I am tired of the "Patriot mystique" thing. Besides, I think Colts-Bears would be a better game.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Benson's not going to get the credit he should, his ypc wasn't very good, but he played one hell of a game. Alot of his runs came at the end when they knew we were going to run, and during our slump, when the Saints had momentum.
Psssh.....

That was the Thomas Jones show out there son. 8)

NickBam
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Isn't the offense beautiful when we run the ball?

Donno
01-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Why didnt Thomas Jones get the ball as much as Benson did? And the Bears heard what speech?

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Awesome performance..

Truly a team win..

Maynard 4 of his 7 punts inside the 20?? HUGE.

Special teams coverage were awesome unlike last week.. Gould was money again.

This game was clearly won in the trenches.. Our DLine finally showed up.. And the OL was dominant.

Mark Anderson was ridiculously good today.. He has been making pro bowl Tackles look bad all year.. Jamal Brown was the victim of his abuse today.

Anyone hear Lovie in his press conference?

That loser Gene Wojciechowski who bashed the Bears all week asked a question about the Bears not getting picked to win this game.. And Lovie interupts him mid question and says " Gene, you picked the Saints to win too. " Then Gene pauses for a few seconds after realizing he looks like an idiot and finishes out the question.. :lol: :lol:

Rivera definitely opened up the defensive playbook today, tons of new blitzing packages..

It's really a shame Mike Brown and Tommie won't be able to play in the Superbowl.. Both really deserve to be apart of the SB expierence.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Ugh, just think of how good our defense would be with Tommie and Mike. Two pro bowl caliber players who are just awesome.

But hey, we dealt with our injuries and won.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
My MVP's for the day.

1)Thomas Jones
2)Mark Anderson
3)Brad Maynard

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Congratulations on going to the Super Bowl guys, way to shove it in their faces :D.

Anyway, what I came here for, do you think Thomas Jones will get shopped around this off-season?

sdpads24
01-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Man i hope you guys beat the colts

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I think Colts Bears is a better match-up than Bears Pats. It's strength against strength, and the Bears running attack against the Colts weak run defense. Rex against himself, Peyton against his playoff demons.

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Alright, after today's effort, I think Jones is gonna stick around for a while. I don't think he'll start next year, but splitting the carries 60-40 Benson, and our rushing attack can generate 2,000+ yards. We should have stuck to the run like this all season.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I think Colts Bears is a better match-up than Bears Pats. It's strength against strength, and the Bears running attack against the Colts weak run defense. Rex against himself, Peyton against his playoff demons.
I disagree, but that's mostly because I think the Colts are a much more talented team than the Pats. I'm not sure we have the horses (no pun intended) to hang with the Colts. The Pats I think we match up pretty even with.

Tillman-Vasher on Wayne-Harrison gives me chills.

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
This game will be close. People didn't think we had the stones to beat the Saints, and look how that turned out. Take away a play where Tillman loses his footing, and where the Saints commit an unpenalized pick play and this game isn't even close.

bearfan
01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Alright, after today's effort, I think Jones is gonna stick around for a while. I don't think he'll start next year, but splitting the carries 60-40 Benson, and our rushing attack can generate 2,000+ yards. We should have stuck to the run like this all season.

I agree, while Benson hasnt shown the big run ability as much as Jones has at points, he is more consistant IMO on getting yards. He is a beast! And it takes more than 1 guy to take him down, while Jones most of the time goes down on contact. Benson will be great

Smokey Joe
01-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I hope some superbowl jewlery will add incentive for Briggs and Jones to stay, and even if we don't win, then hopefully comming so close adds more hunger and they want to stay to have one more crack at it.

Superbowl odds are in, and Bears are 7 point favorites...

EDIT: F---ing WGN sports. Bears are 7 point underdogs.

Philliez01
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
As a Colts fan, I just want to congratulate you guys on a great season and hope to see the better team win in Miami!

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I hope some superbowl jewlery will add incentive for Briggs and Jones to stay, and even if we don't win, then hopefully comming so close adds more hunger and they want to stay to have one more crack at it.

I was gonna say......

7 points is a lot, but not unreasonable.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM

That's what I thought, there is no way in hell we're 7 point favorites.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
As a Colts fan, I just want to congratulate you guys on a great season and hope to see the better team win in Miami!
Thanks. Likewise. I've always been a big fan of Dungy and the Colts organization. Two classy organizations.

indyfan1985
01-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Congrats on your guys win today! It will be a GREAT matchup between our 2 teams 2 weeks from today. I will be making my trip up to Indy from Nashville, TN so ITS GONNA BE CRAZY!!!

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Check out Wojo's new article on ESPN.com

It's an absolute thing of beauty.

At least he can admit when he's wrong instead of other hacks like Sean Salisbury who never go back and mention how they are consistantly wrong.

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Alright as I do so often, I'm officially changing my tune on the issue of Thomas Jones. I think he'll stick with this team next year and beyond. How ever I still maintain that Benson will be named the starter come training camp, as we saw today when both get 15+ carries good things will happen. Benson's ypc isn't as high, but the bulk of his carries came when we had nothing going offensively and couldn't block the Saint's D-Line to save their lives. We should have been using Jones and Benson like this earlier. Defensive line isn't a concern anymore if you ask me. Scott can be resigned, and our 5 deep rotation of Harris, Tank, Scott, Idonije, and Double D Dusty is pretty damn good. Our biggest focus in the draft should be the offensive line. I'd like to see Justin Blalock in the first, and Doug Free in the third. With a linebacker like Justin Durant, Earl Everrett, Jon Beason, or Justin Durant in the second, unless Briggs decides to sticks around to play for a winner, in that case the safety from Arizona, Mike Johnson, or another safety in the second.

Vikes99ej
01-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Good job, guys. It'll be a good game in Miami. I'm glad we have an honorable opponent.

NickBam
01-21-2007, 10:42 PM
68% of America and 49 of 50 states think we will lose.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Briggs can walk as far as im concerned..

Peanut, Vasher, and Tommie are much more important.

We can draft a LB.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 11:07 PM

Hmmm, lemme guess which state voted for the Bears.

Alaska? Hmmmm maybe Kentucky, ya know cuz they can't read down there.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh btw, Moose needs more than 1 catch for 10 yards in Miami. Step up and earn your money 87 because we'll need you agains the Colts.

Berrian can't be our only WR weapon in that game.

NickBam
01-21-2007, 11:13 PM

Hmmm, lemme guess which state voted for the Bears.

Alaska? Hmmmm maybe Kentucky, ya know cuz they can't read down there.

Surprisingly it was Illinois. I was shocked myself.

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 11:15 PM
If Hobbes was able to that to the Colts coverage teams, imagine what Devin Hester can do. Hester's homecoming could be a fruitful one.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
If Hobbes was able to that to the Colts coverage teams, imagine what Devin Hester can do. Hester's homecoming could be a fruitful one.

Bingo! Hopefully Hester has one of those good days!

Hurricane Ditka
01-21-2007, 11:37 PM

Bingo! Hopefully Hester has one of those good days!The elements in Miami will be favorable to Hester, since that's where he calls home. This is going to be a real chess match between two great coaches that know each other like the back of their hands. I don't think you say either team has an advantage in this game. This will be closer than any of New England's Super Bowls.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
For those who enjoy some good humor (I hope this doesn't offend anyone though)....

Our Papa
Who art a Bear
Hallowed be thy fame
Thy Championship come
Thy play be run
At home as it is away
Give us this day our Sunday win
And forgive us our turnovers
Though we pounce on turnorvers against us
And lead us not into 4th and long
But deliver us from Krenzel
In the name of the Ditka
And the Butkus
And the holy Payton

AAAAAmen

:lol:

They "thy championship come" line is what'll hopefully come true in 2 weeks! :D

Hurricane Ditka
01-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Chorus
We are the Bears Shufflin' Crew
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you.
We're so bad we know we're good.
Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.
You know we're just struttin' for fun
Struttin' our stuff for everyone.
We're not here to start no trouble.
We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Walter Payton
Well, they call me Sweetness,
And I like to dance.
Runnin' the ball is like makin' romance.
We've had the goal since training camp
To give Chicago a Super Bowl chance.
And we're not doin' this
Because we're greedy.
The Bears are doin' it to feed the needy.
We didn't come here to look for trouble,
We just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.
Willie Gault
This is Speedy Willie, and I'm world class.
I like runnin' but i love to get the pass.
I practice all day and dance all night,
I got to get ready for the Sunday fight.
Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl,
I dance a little funky, so watch me girl.
There's not one here that does it like me,
My Super Bowl Shuffle will set you free.
Mike Singletary
I'm Samurai Mike I stop'em cold.
Part of the defense, big and bold,
I've been jammin' for quite a while,
Doin' what's right and settin' the style,
Give me a chance, I'll rock you good,
Nobody messin' in my neighborhood.
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came to do The Super Bowl Shuffle
(Repeat Chorus)
Jim McMahon
I'm the punky QB, known as McMahon.
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan.
I just throw my body all over the field.
I can't dance, but I can throw the pill.
I motivate the cats, I like to tease.
I play so cool, I aim to please.
That's why you all got here on the double
To catch me doin' the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Otis Wilson
I'm mama's boy Otis, one of a kind.
The ladies all love me
For my body and my mind.
I'm slick on the floor as I can be
But ain't no sucker gonna get past me.
Some guys are jealous
Of my style and class,
That's why some end up on their -,
I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just get down to The Super Bowl Shuffle.
Steve Fuller
They say Jimbo is our man.
If Jimmy can't do it, I sure can.
This is Steve, and it's no wonder
I run like lightnin', pass like thunder.
So bring on Atlanta, bring on Dallas,
This is for Mike and Papa Bear Halas.
I'm not here to feather his ruffle,
I just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.
Mike Richardson
I'm L.A. Mike, and I play it cool.
They don't sneak by me 'cause I'm no fool.
I fly on the field and get on down.
Everybody knows I don't mess around.
I can break'em, shake'em,
Any time of day.
I like to steal it and make 'em pay,
So please don't cry to beat my hustle
'Cause I'm just here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.
(Repeat Chorus)
Richard Dent
The sackman's comin', I'm your man Dent.
if the quarterback's slow,
He's gonna get bent.
We stop the run, we stop the pass,
I like to dump guys on their -.
We love to play for the world's best fans,
You better start makin'
Your Super Bowl plans.
But don't get ready or go to any trouble
Unless you practice
The Super Bowl Shuffle.
Gary Fencik
It's Gary here, and I'm Mr.Clean.
They call me "hit man,"
Don't know what they mean.
They throw it long and watch me run,
I'm on my man, one-on-one.
Buddy's guys cover it down to the bone,
That's why they call us the 46 zone.
Come on everybody let's scream and yell,
We're goin' to do the Shuffle,
Then ring your bell.
William Perry
You're lookin' at the Fridge,
I'm the rookie.
I may be large, but I'm no dumb cookie.
You've seen me hit, you've seen me run,
When I get the pass, we'll have more fun.
I can dance, you will see
The others, they all learn from me.
I don't come here lookin' for trouble,
I just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.
(Repeat Chorus)

NickBam
01-22-2007, 12:49 AM
For those who enjoy some good humor (I hope this doesn't offend anyone though)....

Our Papa
Who art a Bear
Hallowed be thy fame
Thy Championship come
Thy play be run
At home as it is away
Give us this day our Sunday win
And forgive us our turnovers
Though we pounce on turnorvers against us
And lead us not into 4th and long
But deliver us from Krenzel
In the name of the Ditka
And the Butkus
And the holy Payton

AAAAAmen

They "thy championship come" line is what'll hopefully come true in 2 weeks! :D

I'm clearly offended by the cheap shot towards my boy Craig Krenzel.

:wink:

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't see how the game can be closer than the Pats Superbowl's. Unless it goes to overtime, which would be insane.

Anyway, I do truely think the Colts have the advantage. They're such an incredibly talented team and with their run defense playing well it becomes an incredibly staggering feat. Not to say the Bears don't have the ability, but they are the underdog and they definately should be.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Oh btw, Moose needs more than 1 catch for 10 yards in Miami. Step up and earn your money 87 because we'll need you agains the Colts.

You're joking right? Moose got seperation on numerous occasions. Too bad our QB has the accuracy of a gorilla on acid.

Addict
01-22-2007, 01:14 AM

You're joking right? Moose got seperation on numerous occasions. Too bad our QB has the accuracy of a gorilla on acid.

Hey I know it's tempting, but there is really no need to be THAT mean about gorillas on acid.

01-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Congrats on the win guys. Good luck in the Super Bowl.

bigbluedefense
01-22-2007, 08:03 AM
I can't wait to see this SB. This is gonna be a good one that I can enjoy. Its nice to see the Bears in the SB, its been a long time.

I don't know though, I hate going with popular opinion, but I don't know if they can stop Peyton. Peyton knows the Cover 2 like the back of his hand, he practices against it every day. And if I had to bet between Peyton and Grossman, I choose Peyton.

The defense is really gonna have to do some magic in this game. The pass rush will determine if the Bears can win it. I think if they can get pressure on Peyton, this game is very winnable. But if not, Peyton is gonna put up another 30+ pt performance.

I think Lovie should dial up a lot of blitzes for this game. Roll the dice.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 08:07 AM
It's fine. I'm highly skeptical if we can win this game either. Two weeks to prepare against a defense that he already knows really well is more than enough time for Manning. If the Colts pull out early, I wonder if Grossman has the ability to keep up. We're going to have to set the tempo real early and slow the game down, if not it could get out of hand.

On the plus side, I think we can shut their run down easily so long as we don't have to pull our defense back too much. Their sideline to sideline speed doesn't have anything on ours and as the Saints learned, if you don't run the ball, you don't win.

NYmoney
01-22-2007, 09:01 AM

moose was horrible. didn't show up at all. dropped balls. everything.

NYmoney
01-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Top 3

Strengths:
1.) Defense playing proactively again, instead of reactive
2.) Run offense
3.) O-line

Weaknesses:
1.) Safeties (Bush's td was all Harris' and Daniel Manning's fault--horrible angles)
2.) WR's--Moose was nonexistent
3.) Daniel Manning again--just playing very poor ball recently.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm starting to really not like Danieal Manning. Harris is what he is, with his limited physical skills he'll never be great, but I expect more from Manning. He hasn't had a good game since the start of the season.

By the way, I repeat, Moose was open, watch the tape. The fact that Grossman threw a couple of terrible balls in his direction is not his fault. And I don't remember him dropping one catchable ball, let alone multiple ones, but I could be wrong.

nyjetsguy27
01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
good luck bears... go beat redneck peyton

NYmoney
01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
By the way, I repeat, Moose was open, watch the tape. The fact that Grossman threw a couple of terrible balls in his direction is not his fault. And I don't remember him dropping one catchable ball, let alone multiple ones, but I could be wrong.

He dropped a couple, and yes Rex did make some poor throws.

**************REX COMMENT TO FOLLOW*************************
Two thoughts about Rex: 1.) He played within himself. He didn't have a great game, but he didn't try to create when he knew it wasn't there. So I give him props for that. 2.) I'm ready to ditch this guy after his contract expires. He's not reliable by any stretch of imagination.

What are the odds Tank Johnson has the following comment: "I mean it's not like the Ice Bar. It's just South Beach. I'll be fine." 95%? 120%? This could be great.

Best subplot of this SB: Teacher & Pupil. Vinatieri and Gould. I can't wait for that 5 minute piece on ESPN.

Hurricane Ditka
01-22-2007, 11:04 AM

He dropped a couple, and yes Rex did make some poor throws.

**************REX COMMENT TO FOLLOW*************************
Two thoughts about Rex: 1.) He played within himself. He didn't have a great game, but he didn't try to create when he knew it wasn't there. So I give him props for that. 2.) I'm ready to ditch this guy after his contract expires. He's not reliable by any stretch of imagination.

What are the odds Tank Johnson has the following comment: "I mean it's not like the Ice Bar. It's just South Beach. I'll be fine." 95%? 120%? This could be great.

Best subplot of this SB: Teacher & Pupil. Vinatieri and Gould. I can't wait for that 5 minute piece on ESPN.That's not going to happen. Rex is our quarterback now. He's done exactly what he needed to do to get us this far, you don't toss aside your "franchise" quarterback after 1 season of starting, Jerry Angelo is too stubborn to do that, he's Jerry's guy and they've put in so much work to have him succeed they aren't going to give up so easily.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Congrats guys.

This is what I wrote in the Saints thread:

I could not have been more disappointed and ashamed in the way the Saints played yesterday.

That said, I could not be any more proud of this team... OUR team, and their performance this season.

We obviously have a lot of needs to fill but the future is bright in New Orleans. Congrats to the Bears for showing everybody (myself included) who the best team in the NFC truly is. Beat Indy!

Jughead10
01-22-2007, 12:55 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/01/charmingbearssign.jpg

Nice. You guys might have officially passed Eagles fans.

Hurricane Ditka
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Nice. You guys might have officially passed Eagles fans.Yes because one of us on this forum clearly made that sign.

Jughead10
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Nice. You guys might have officially passed Eagles fans.Yes because one of us on this forum clearly made that sign.

I'm not saying that. I know in general the fans who post on this forum don't represent the general majority of that teams fans. Likewise the Eagles fans on this board are very pleasant and insightful yet when you go to the Linc, you don't see anything remotely close to that. Either way it is a joke that anyone could even bring that sign into the stadium.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
It was me. I did it. I like to mock hurricane victims and use colorful paper cutouts to achieve my means.

Now that is settled, let's move on shall we?

NYmoney
01-22-2007, 01:23 PM

despite the effort of 1 of the 60,000+ fans attending, the Eagles fans are in the class (or lackthereof) of their own. Michael Irving anyone?

sweetness34
01-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Moose dropped from what I saw one ball, but still, we need more from him. Sure Rex didn't throw it his way, but when he does he needs to catch it when it's in his hands.

I'm harder on him than I should be but after last weeks drop that caused an INT, every drop from here on out pisses me off more and more. :lol:

And about the sign, there are always some bad apples amongst each fan base, and sadly this is one of them; but compared to Philly and Oakland, we aren't ****. I was tired of the entire Katrina thing this week too, but that's out of line.

If we run the ball well and stop the run, I think we win. If we don't, we lose. It's that simple IMO. Well ok, not "that simple" but you get the picture. Here are my keys.

1) Run the ball EFFECTIVELY for 4 quarters

2) Ditto for stopping the run

3) Limit TO's (I have to expect we'll have some in this game, it's just how the game is) and force turnovers

4) Limit our dumb penalties (ie false starts and stuff like that)

5) Maynard needs another game like he had against the Saints

6) Rex needs to play not only smart, but effective. If he has a game like he did against Seattle (minus the fumble), I think we're in good shape

7) No big plays

8) Get pressure on Peyton with our pass rush

I know it's a lot of keys, but I also think Indy has a lot of keys as well to them beating us.

Also, we're going to hear about Tank tomorrow, and from what I've heard, it could go either way. I hope he gets to play because we could really use him. No Tommie and no Tank could spell bad news in 2 weeks.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
What? Where are you getting this from? They decided Tank could play in Miami weeks ago.

NYmoney
01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Tank is playing. not in doubt. I think getting pressure on Peyton is HUUUUUGE. see Pittsburgh.

Damix
01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
What? Where are you getting this from? They decided Tank could play in Miami weeks ago.

Despite a Monday Chicago Tribune report to the contrary, Bears DT Tank Johnson may not be allowed to travel to the Super Bowl for violating his probation.
Johnson was recently arrested after the police raided at his home turned up six guns and more than 500 rounds of ammunition. Johnson will learn his fate Tuesday as to whether he can leave the state. It's the second time Johnson has violated his probation from a previous arrest.

Thats what.

My 2 cents on it: They said its a judge that decides, I have no idea why, it should be the probation officer, when I was on probation, my PO was a *****, I wasn't allowed to leave the county and she granted me no excuses, I had to miss 2 big soccer games my senior year of high school. While another one of my friends who was on probation was allowed to go to Mexico for vacation. It all depends on the officer. Though since he violated his probation, that might be why it has to go through a judge

sweetness34
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Really? Because I heard on The Score they were still deciding but I just read this. My bad fellas, either 670 didn't know or they were wrong about it.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070121tankbrite,1,3263260.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

NYmoney
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Despite a Monday Chicago Tribune report to the contrary, Bears DT Tank Johnson may not be allowed to travel to the Super Bowl for violating his probation.
Johnson was recently arrested after the police raided at his home turned up six guns and more than 500 rounds of ammunition. Johnson will learn his fate Tuesday as to whether he can leave the state. It's the second time Johnson has violated his probation from a previous arrest.

Thats what.

My 2 cents on it: They said its a judge that decides, I have no idea why, it should be the probation officer, when I was on probation, my PO was a ***********, I wasn't allowed to leave the county and she granted me no excuses, I had to miss 2 big soccer games my senior year of high school. While another one of my friends who was on probation was allowed to go to Mexico for vacation. It all depends on the officer. Though since he violated his probation, that might be why it has to go through a judge

prolly got that from the post, and anyone here that knows anything will never trust the post. same people that reported hil clinton would win an election over obama by 20 pts.

i'll take the trib over 99% of all other news outlets. enjoy south beach tanky.

01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Congrats on the win guys and good luck in two weeks.[/quote]

AdrianWilson12
01-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Nice job getting to the superbowl, I think this settles any questions on whether the Bears are the best team in the NFC.

Purely from my judgement of the Chicago fans on NFLDC, you are the most deserving team of a Superbowl appearance.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Nice job getting to the superbowl, I think this settles any questions on whether the Bears are the best team in the NFC.

Purely from my judgement of the Chicago fans on NFLDC, you are the most deserving team of a Superbowl appearance.
There was never much of a debate in my mind. Going into the playoffs I had them ranked.

1)Chicago
2A)Seattle
2B)Dallas
3)New Orleans
4)Philly
5)Who cares?

Judging by the near loss to Seattle and the thumping of New Orleans I think I was correct. All the talk about the Superbowl representative coming out of the New Orleans-Philly game was just media hype, Sean Salisbury idiocy, and a general lack of football knowledge. Football is not complicated. You run the ball, you stop the run, you don't cause turnovers, you create turnovers, you win on special teams. If you can't do at least 4 of those 5 things, you aren't a very good football team.

Guess what? The Saints aren't that good of a football team. I hate to say it like that becaue their fans have been nothing but classy since the loss, but it did not suprise me in the least bit. Gimmicky offense will get figured out eventually.

And Skip Bayless compared Sean Payton to Bill Walsh. I was on the Payton bandwagon since week 1, but that almost made me throw up in my mouth.

I really do hate ESPN. I don't hate many things, but I hate ESPN, and if I could kick Salisbury's ass I gladly would.

Smokey Joe
01-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I loved Salisbury's prediction. He said the Bears had no chance and this was a no-brainer for him, and that the Saints were like Florida in this game. :lol:

The only thing that stopped me from throwing my remote right threw his face on the TV is that the TV was expensive as hell, and a nice TV.

Smokey Joe
01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey, was the pick play with Reggie Bush that got them a touchdown legal? I thought it was an illegal play in the NFL? And if it was, what would the flag be?

Smokey Joe
01-22-2007, 06:18 PM

There was never much of a debate in my mind. Going into the playoffs I had them ranked.

1)Chicago
2A)Seattle
2B)Dallas
3)New Orleans
4)Philly
5)Who cares?

Judging by the near loss to Seattle and the thumping of New Orleans I think I was correct. All the talk about the Superbowl representative coming out of the New Orleans-Philly game was just media hype, Sean Salisbury idiocy, and a general lack of football knowledge. Football is not complicated. You run the ball, you stop the run, you don't cause turnovers, you create turnovers, you win on special teams. If you can't do at least 4 of those 5 things, you aren't a very good football team.

Guess what? The Saints aren't that good of a football team. I hate to say it like that becaue their fans have been nothing but classy since the loss, but it did not suprise me in the least bit. Gimmicky offense will get figured out eventually.

And Skip Bayless compared Sean Payton to Bill Walsh. I was on the Payton bandwagon since week 1, but that almost made me throw up in my mouth.

I really do hate ESPN. I don't hate many things, but I hate ESPN, and if I could kick Salisbury's ass I gladly would.
I completely agree. With another good offseason or two, the Saints can be a very good team. But they were overhyped mainly because of katrina. People forgot that they were a 10-6 team and just got a boner for their "sexy O."

sweetness34
01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey, was the pick play with Reggie Bush that got them a touchdown legal? I thought it was an illegal play in the NFL? And if it was, what would the flag be?

Colston never touched Harris, so I think that's a legal play. Either way though, Manning cannot let Bush get by on that. Just corner him to the sidelines, ugh that was very bad.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM

THANK YOU

I was waiting for someone else to notice this.

Why Reggie Bush didn't get a flag for taunting is beyond me, but if he doesn't get fined, I'll be really disappointed.

And I think the problem with Danieal Manning is that he doesn't have Mike Brown back there with him making him play better. Which is why I think Safety is a day-one draft priority regardless of what happens with Briggs. We need someone who can be a good replacement for Brown and push Manning to play smarter.

sweetness34
01-22-2007, 07:29 PM

THANK YOU

Why Reggie Bush didn't get a flag for taunting is beyond me, but if he doesn't get fined, I'll be really disappointed.

And I think the problem with Danieal Manning is that he doesn't have Mike Brown back there with him making him play better. Which is why I think Safety is a day-one draft priority regardless of what happens with Briggs. We need someone who can be a good replacement for Brown and push Manning to play smarter.

He wasn't talking about the taunting IBNO. :lol:

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Bush is not going to get fined.

The play wasn't illegal.

It was almost a pick, but wasn't.

Chris Harris just took a ridiculous bad angle on the play and made it look like it was more of a pick than it really was.

The play was designed very well and Bush did the rest with his freakish abilities.

tylaw24
01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Well done Bears! My congratulations are a bit late but I want you to finish the Colts off. Thomas Jones is just gonna run over the top of them like he did against the Saints. My main concern though is Rex, but I'm definitely pulling for you guys.

Smokey Joe
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I've noticed that there are many Bear fans joining lately, and there are a couple Bear fans on this board who are regulars, but 51, HD, Sweetness, and me are the only regulars in this thread with the occassional post by toonster.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want those other Bear fans to come and post here in this thread!?

bearfan
01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I've noticed that there are many Bear fans joining lately, and there are a couple Bear fans on this board who are regulars, but 51, HD, Sweetness, and me are the only regulars in this thread with the occassional post by toonster.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want those other Bear fans to come and post here in this thread!?

I dont post here to much cause you guys cover it all. Most things I am gonna say are said, and if it isnt, I do :D

Smokey Joe
01-22-2007, 10:25 PM

I dont post here to much cause you guys cover it all. Most things I am gonna say are said, and if it isnt, I do :D
what happened to the 54 in your name!?!?!?!?!? :o

bearfan
01-22-2007, 10:31 PM

Got rid of it, i am making the switch to just Bearfan, its easier for me :D

Smokey Joe
01-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Got rid of it, i am making the switch to just Bearfan, its easier for me :D :evil:

bearfan
01-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Got rid of it, i am making the switch to just Bearfan, its easier for me :D :evil:

:twisted:

Hurricane Ditka
01-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I want to switch my name is Jerry Angelo. For obvious reasons.

bearfan
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I want to switch my name is Jerry Angelo. For obvious reasons.

I got what I went for at 2 M D..shown im y quote :twisted:

dabears10
01-22-2007, 11:05 PM
I write a little bit, but not often. I also don't think you guys miss much and the onlything different is RUN ADRIAN PETERSON. Only because I have an unhealthy mancrush on him

TitleTown088
01-22-2007, 11:16 PM

:lol: :lol: I'm sorry, I know it's wrong. but that's dank.

pellepelle_10
01-22-2007, 11:58 PM

I'm making my guest appearance..lol It's hard when you belong to other bear boards but I try to come listen into whats being said especially during draft time.

Just thought I'd say whats up and congrats to all the other Bear fans....I have to say its a good feeling to have a team finally in the big run again. I was too young to truly enjoy the first superbowl but I have to say...it has been one of my best times ever.

pellepelle_10
01-23-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm starting to really not like Danieal Manning. Harris is what he is, with his limited physical skills he'll never be great, but I expect more from Manning. He hasn't had a good game since the start of the season.

Manning has over persued so many plays its not even funny. When is he going to learn how to take angles? Also he's dropped a number of easy int's as well. I know its his rookie season but geez...lets get it together.

I will say even though our defense has looked well and Brown will be back next year I don't see it out of the ordinary for us to get a top end Safety in this upcoming draft. I'm hoping Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson, or Merriweather in the 2nd rnd. I was hoping for Robert Meachem but something tells me he'll be long gone before this pick.

Hurricane Ditka
01-23-2007, 12:08 AM
If we choose not to bring back Brian Johnson I'd like to see us bring back Marc Edwards, he was animial.

SFbear
01-23-2007, 12:51 AM
If we choose not to bring back Brian Johnson I'd like to see us bring back Marc Edwards, he was animial.

Never understood why we got rid of him. So he was a little old. He played his heart out and actually could get on the field.

tylaw24
01-23-2007, 01:47 AM

Was this directed at me Smokey?

SFbear
01-23-2007, 02:48 AM
You guys realize that even if we defy the odds and beat the Colts, the media rather than ackowledging that they underestimated us all year, will post the headlines "Manning can't win the big one" and "Still a choker". :evil:

But I guess at that point we'll just have to settle for the trophy 8)

bearsfan_51
01-23-2007, 09:07 AM
BrYan Johnson is done. He's currently suing the team for wrongful termination. If he's still on the roster it's only because of league technicalities.

And to answer your question, no, it won't happen. McKie just signed a longterm extension, he's the fullback of the future and J.D Runnels is the young backup.

bigbluedefense
01-23-2007, 09:16 AM
I was thinking about it, and this defense has a better chance aganist Indy than I initially thought.

That quick cover 2 shell is fast enough to handle the stretch ability of Indy's 3 WR set, and theyre a pass first team so that plays right into the Bear's hands.

Also, they have small RBs and theyre best run play is the stretch play. Chicago will have that on lock.

You also have the speed to cover the TE and RB out of the backfield, and the pass rush to get at Peyton.

Personnell wise, you guys have a very good chance.

The only problem is Peyton never seems to have a hard time against the 4-3, so who knows. But maybe the Bears can really do this. Im starting to think that they can. A turnover early, establish the run game, the Bears can establish momentum in this game and maybe take it.

AdrianWilson12
01-23-2007, 09:16 AM
You guys realize that even if we defy the odds and beat the Colts, the media rather than ackowledging that they underestimated us all year, will post the headlines "Manning can't win the big one" and "Still a choker". :evil:

Well in all honesty, up to playing Arizona in week 6 you were arguably overhyped. But since then the media have certainly underrated you guys, (mostly due to Grossman), in favour of the fashionable Saints. Can't the media just rate teams realistically rather than exaggerate one way of the other.

NYmoney
01-23-2007, 11:54 AM
12 days until the best day of them all. 12 days until free shots. 12 days until peyton manning crying. 12 days until urlacher going wild on joseph addai. 12 days until rex...oh god maybe this won't be so good.

sweetness34
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Well in all honesty, up to playing Arizona in week 6 you were arguably overhyped. But since then the media have certainly underrated you guys, (mostly due to Grossman), in favour of the fashionable Saints. Can't the media just rate teams realistically rather than exaggerate one way of the other.

Well we'd blown out 4 of the 5 teams we'd faced up to that game, so I can see why the media hyped us up like they did. But yes, I thought we were overhyped at the beginning of the year, much like a lot of us Bear fans on this board said that the 85 comparisons were very bad. People said we were a lock for the SB and some even said that we're going to win it without a problem, and that was kind of unsettling to listent to. I knew we were good, but we weren't great.

It was the flavor of the month in the NFC this season, yet we just stood our ground and kept on winning games. And I just hope that we can knock off the Colts and prove all the people wrong who called us overrated, who called us a flawed 13-3 team, who said we weren't going anywhere, etc...Well, we're in the SB after drubbing the media cinderellas at home on Sunday. And we're one win away from hopefully making all the doubters eat crow.

Addict
01-23-2007, 12:35 PM

Well we'd blown out 4 of the 5 teams we'd faced up to that game, so I can see why the media hyped us up like they did. But yes, I thought we were overhyped at the beginning of the year, much like a lot of us Bear fans on this board said that the 85 comparisons were very bad. People said we were a lock for the SB and some even said that we're going to win it without a problem, and that was kind of unsettling to listent to. I knew we were good, but we weren't great.

It was the flavor of the month in the NFC this season, yet we just stood our ground and kept on winning games. And I just hope that we can knock off the Colts and prove all the people wrong who called us overrated, who called us a flawed 13-3 team, who said we weren't going anywhere, etc...Well, we're in the SB after drubbing the media cinderellas at home on Sunday. And we're one win away from hopefully making all the doubters eat crow.

Actually we were hyped all the way to the Miami game. Until then, a lot of 'experts' were saying that 16-0 was 'possible if not likely'. After that game though, we went from the team that could go 16-0 to completely invisible to the media.
Well, as far as underdog positions go in the NFL, we got it. I don't think I've read a single column that didn't say the Colts would win it all.
I hope they prove those guys wrong.

Addict
01-23-2007, 12:35 PM

Actually we were hyped all the way to the Miami game. Until then, a lot of 'experts' were saying that 16-0 was 'possible if not likely'. After that game though, we went from the team that could go 16-0 to completely invisible to the media.
Well, as far as underdog positions go in the NFL, we got it. I don't think I've read a single column that didn't say the Colts would win it all.
I hope they prove those guys wrong.

SFbear
01-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Any thoughts about Lovie's contract situation.

Rumors are flying that Jerry Jones wants Lovie at the tune of $5-7 million. I would hate to see Lovie go but if the front office tries to short change him I would rather see him get the money he deserves. I would also consider boycotting this team in protest...for a couple of days.

bearsfan_51
01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I'd ship Lovie off for a first round pick in a heartbeat. I think the difference between him and Rivera is negligible.

That being said, I think this is all jargon. They will and have the money to pay Lovie, they've already said they're waiting till the playoffs are done to work out a deal.

This is just a media creation because they are fascinated with the Cowboys and think it's the best job in the world. Clearly Lovie has ties to Texas, but he's under contract with the Bears, owns a home in Illinois, and has children in school.

VoteLynnSwan
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
a superbowl team does not deserve its thread to be this low on the page...

Hurricane Ditka
01-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I'd ship Lovie off for a first round pick in a heartbeat. I think the difference between him and Rivera is negligible.

That being said, I think this is all jargon. They will and have the money to pay Lovie, they've already said they're waiting till the playoffs are done to work out a deal.

This is just a media creation because they are fascinated with the Cowboys and think it's the best job in the world. Clearly Lovie has ties to Texas, but he's under contract with the Bears, owns a home in Illinois, and has children in school.Are you serious? You've gone off you're rocker.

bearsfan_51
01-23-2007, 09:41 PM

This is just a media creation because they are fascinated with the Cowboys and think it's the best job in the world. Clearly Lovie has ties to Texas, but he's under contract with the Bears, owns a home in Illinois, and has children in school.Are you serious? You've gone off you're rocker.
I think Ron Rivera will end up a better head coach than Lovie. Plus if Lovie really wants to play hardball and go back to Texas (which I do not believe he does, this is all purely hypothetical) I would gladly take a chance at an elite prospect.

I personally think coaches are overated anyway. Jerry Angelo is the one that got all the talent we have on defense, Lovie's scheme is really no more complicated (and in many ways less so) than what any other cover 2 team does.

Hurricane Ditka
01-23-2007, 09:47 PM

I think Ron Rivera will end up a better head coach than Lovie. Plus if Lovie really wants to play hardball and go back to Texas (which I do not believe he does, this is all purely hypothetical) I would gladly take a chance at an elite prospect.

I personally think coaches are overated anyway. Jerry Angelo is the one that got all the talent we have on defense, Lovie's scheme is really no more complicated (and in many ways less so) than what any other cover 2 team does.Well if Rivera were to take over I think we'd see a much more aggressive defense. The Cowboys pick is late in the first round. Lovie is the first coach to take this team to a Superbowl in 21 freakin' years and you're ready to ship him away for a late first rounder? I might as well slap a top hat, monocle, and cane on you and call you Mr. Peanut.

bearsfan_51
01-23-2007, 11:08 PM

I personally think coaches are overated anyway. Jerry Angelo is the one that got all the talent we have on defense, Lovie's scheme is really no more complicated (and in many ways less so) than what any other cover 2 team does.Well if Rivera were to take over I think we'd see a much more aggressive defense. The Cowboys pick is late in the first round. Lovie is the first coach to take this team to a Superbowl in 21 freakin' years and you're ready to ship him away for a late first rounder? I might as well slap a top hat, monocle, and cane on you and call you Mr. Peanut.
Actually, when I was in High School our basketball team went to the state playoffs and I went to every game dressed as Mr.Peanut which for some odd reason got the crowd really fired up. I even got on the Columbus and Cleveland news affiliates. Slow news day I suppose.

I just give a lot more credit to Jerry than Lovie. Good personel men are much harder to find than good coaches. Jerry found Lovie, I trust that he can duplicate those results if need be.

critesy
01-23-2007, 11:36 PM
what do you guys think of israel idonije ?

SFbear
01-23-2007, 11:45 PM

Solid. Great backup and rotation guy. Could probably start on another team, infact the Bills were trying to steal him fom us last year.

bearfan
01-24-2007, 06:17 AM

Solid. Great backup and rotation guy. Could probably start on another team, infact the Bills were trying to steal him fom us last year.

those bastards :wink:

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-24-2007, 07:45 AM
THANK YOU

I know. I was making three different points in one rant. #1, instant replay showed the outside man obstructing the defender before the ball was thrown--that's not an offensive pass interference call, but it does qualify as an "illegal procedure/pick pattern" penalty, which is rarely called in the NFL. Personally, I think it's a stupid rule and should be taken off the books, but as it's in there, I'd like to see refs actually call it, because it happens quite often.

#2, I don't understand why a flag wasn't thrown on Bush for taunting/unsportsmanlike conduct prior to his getting into the end zone. Lest I be labelled a "homer," I think Hester should've drawn a penalty when he did it, too. I don't think such penalties should negate the score (as they should, if the flag is thrown during the play), but I think there have to be consequences. Bush apologizing to his coach isn't enough--he should apologize to the guys he was taunting.

#3 I haven't heard anything about a fine, but that's the NFL for you. In a day/age when a defensive back gets fined for a hard hit on a receiver, or a player gets fined for wearing the wrong color shoes (think Peyton Manning when he wanted to wear black shoes as a tribute to Johnny Unitas), I think that the self-centered display Bush put on deserves some sort of official sanction.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Catching up on the thread.

The Lovie to Dallas talk is just hot air. First off, by league rules, JJ can't talk to Lovie until after the Superbowl, and because of post-Superbowl hoopla (if the Bears win) it probably will be closer to 15 days from today before JJ could talk to Lovie to sound him out. I think the Cowboys don't want to wait that long to get a coach, especially with how fast positions are getting filled.

Second, as 54 has pointed out, Dallas is not so much a dream job as people say. Sure, Lovie is from Texas and probably grew up a Cowboys fan. But he's the head coach for a Superbowl iteration of the most storied franchise in the league, and he enjoys support from the vast majority of the fan base. His opportunities in Chicago only go up from here, if he wants them to. Though the McCaskey ownership is pretty sucky, it can't be as bad as JJ constantly sticking his ugly botoxed face into everything.

Third, Mike Singletary is available (to be snatched away from SF). So that gives the Cowboys a good option, and if by some weird quirk Lovie did leave Chicago, there would be two excellent choices among ex-Superbowl XX Bears. Not a bad situation.

In the end, I think Lovie stays put, and gets a much bigger contract than he would have had he negotiated an extension before (or during) the season. Now, whether that was by accident or design, who knows? But Lovie will be doing his Mona Lisa smile all the way to the bank.

critesy
01-24-2007, 08:15 AM

those bastards :wink:

main point...he is canadian 8)

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 08:16 AM

Should have let them have him. We gave him too much money for the minutes he plays.

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Media reports that the Bears started off contract negotiations with Lovie at 2.7 million per year. Even as a starting point that is embaressingly disgusting. Bobby Petrino got 4.5 per year. Just suck it up and admit that he's going to make 5 per or admit he's not going to get resigned.

SFbear
01-24-2007, 09:19 AM

Should have let them have him. We gave him too much money for the minutes he plays.

Well at the time, we didnt realize we were going to draft a pro bowl defensive end in the 5th round so I was ok with it even if he didnt see the field. Wouldnt be a bad idea to trade him in a package deal for some picks now that we have Anderson.

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
How come i haven't seen one of these yet ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vloYsCWQSgs

Oh, wait. I have....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSi79b_f7pQ

Damn bears fans gone and made a joke out of a respectable event.

NYmoney
01-24-2007, 11:21 AM

I personally think coaches are overated anyway. Jerry Angelo is the one that got all the talent we have on defense, Lovie's scheme is really no more complicated (and in many ways less so) than what any other cover 2 team does.

You're right. Coaches are overrated. Tell that to NO. Tell that to Notre Dame. Tell that to Jim Haslett.

Bearsfan123
01-24-2007, 11:28 AM

Oh, wait. I have....

lol its just a bunch of drunks singing the Superbowl Shuffle I saw alot of that after the NFC Championship game.

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM

Oh, wait. I have....

lol its just a bunch of drunks singing the Superbowl Shuffle I saw alot of that after the NFC Championship game.
I'd like to see the entire team make a new one just so i could make fun of how stupid rex grossman would look.

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 12:34 PM

You're right. Coaches are overrated. Tell that to NO. Tell that to Notre Dame. Tell that to Jim Haslett.
I don't understand.

New Orleans got precipitously better for tons of reasons beyond Sean Payton. Drew Brees? Reggie Bush? Marques Colston? A healthy Duece? The fact that they didn't have to play on the road every week? Haslett had none of those things the year prior.

And Notre Dame sucks. They are maybe a top 25 team. Maybe. I'd personally take TCU in a game over Notre Dame.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
01-24-2007, 12:40 PM
THANK YOU

I know. I was making three different points in one rant. #1, instant replay showed the outside man obstructing the defender before the ball was thrown--that's not an offensive pass interference call, but it does qualify as an "illegal procedure/pick pattern" penalty, which is rarely called in the NFL. Personally, I think it's a stupid rule and should be taken off the books, but as it's in there, I'd like to see refs actually call it, because it happens quite often.

#2, I don't understand why a flag wasn't thrown on Bush for taunting/unsportsmanlike conduct prior to his getting into the end zone. Lest I be labelled a "homer," I think Hester should've drawn a penalty when he did it, too. I don't think such penalties should negate the score (as they should, if the flag is thrown during the play), but I think there have to be consequences. Bush apologizing to his coach isn't enough--he should apologize to the guys he was taunting.

#3 I haven't heard anything about a fine, but that's the NFL for you. In a day/age when a defensive back gets fined for a hard hit on a receiver, or a player gets fined for wearing the wrong color shoes (think Peyton Manning when he wanted to wear black shoes as a tribute to Johnny Unitas), I think that the self-centered display Bush put on deserves some sort of official sanction.

A lot of people need to get the story right. Here, this will help: http://acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070123/COLUMNISTS16/701230337/1006/NEWS17

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 12:49 PM

THANK YOU

Devin hester did the same thing after he socred on a return.... :|

SFbear
01-24-2007, 12:55 PM
THANK YOU

A lot of people need to get the story right. Here, this will help: http://acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070123/COLUMNISTS16/701230337/1006/NEWS17

This may be true and I didnt care that much about it anyways, but why would he apologize to Payton for taunting if he didnt taunt anyone.

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Sweetness, Did you get a boner when you got to be the author of the bears thread?

Bearsfan123
01-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Bears Prospects by Position

OT: Joe Staley1st, Arron Sears1st, Doug Free3rd, Mike Otto3rd
S: John Wendling 2nd, Eric Weddle 2nd, Josh Gattis 4th
OLB: Jon Beason 2nd, Earl Everett2nd, Rufus Alexander 2nd, Justin Durant 3rd, Tim Shaw 4th
DT:Brandon Mebane 3rd, Turk McBride 2nd-4th, Marcus Thomas 3rd-6th
WR:Rhema McKnight 4th-5th, Steve Smith 4th-5th, Laurent Robinson 5th-6th
RB: Darius Walker 4th-5th, Laurenzo Booker 4th-6th, Germaine Race 5th-7th rder?

Thoughts?

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
THANK YOU

This may be true and I didnt care that much about it anyways, but why would he apologize to Payton for taunting if he didnt taunt anyone.

He apologized for the flip into the end zone. A lot of people are all over Reggie for pointing at Urlacher, or any other Bears player, which he simply did not do.

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I really don't think it's a big deal at all. Devin Hester taunted the **** out of the Rams on both of his runbacks. If you don't want them to taunt, don't let them score.

sweetness34
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Sweetness, Did you get a boner when you got to be the author of the bears thread?

Um duh. :roll: :lol:

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I really don't think it's a big deal at all. Devin Hester taunted the *********** out of the Rams on both of his runbacks. If you don't want them to taunt, don't let them score.
Yes, sir. I already pointed that out.
I feel like 51 lurking in here all the time, I think i'll stop and go back to my own homestead.

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't lurk. I hover.

Kinda like Jesus.

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 02:52 PM

Um duh. :roll: :lol:

I figured you got a stiffy over it.

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't lurk. I hover.

Kinda like Jesus.

are you david blain?

NYmoney
01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I really don't think it's a big deal at all. Devin Hester taunted the *********** out of the Rams on both of his runbacks. If you don't want them to taunt, don't let them score.

Devin did it against a crap defense and not towards a former MVP. HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE. Plus, we were winning after that TD celebration. and Hester didn't do a jig. and he didn't DIVE into the endzone. To compare the two is pure ignorance.

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Devin did it against a crap defense and not towards a former MVP. HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE. Plus, we were winning after that TD celebration. and Hester didn't do a jig. and he didn't DIVE into the endzone. To compare the two is pure ignorance.
Ah yes...pure ignorance, as opposed to contaminated ignorance. So sorry to disrupt your heighten sensibilities whoever the hell you are.

So it's only taunting if you point at a good player, but not taunting if you point at bad players? Is that the gist of your argument? Hester pointed, did a little hand motion towards the players, dragged his feet in a Neion dance for about 5 yards kicking field turf all over the place, and then danced once he got into the endzone. I suppose that no, he didn't flip, so maybe there in lies your argument.

Otherwise, I question your ability to jurist who is ignorant and who is not.

Hurricane Ditka
01-24-2007, 06:55 PM
I'd be surprised if the first pick isn't an offensive lineman. I think Tony Ugoh from Arkansas is the best fit, since he has definite left tackle potential, with Blalock being the best fit for guard or right tackle and better prospect over all.

Bearsfan123
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
so how are my positional rankings?

Smokey Joe
01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I'd be surprised if the first pick isn't an offensive lineman. I think Tony Ugoh from Arkansas is the best fit, since he has definite left tackle potential, with Blalock being the best fit for guard or right tackle and better prospect over all.
Tony Ugoh is way overrated. Damn HD, you are a man ***** for draft picks...

Hurricane Ditka
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Bears Prospects by Position

OT: Joe Staley1st, Arron Sears1st, Doug Free3rd, Mike Otto3rd
S: John Wendling 2nd, Eric Weddle 2nd, Josh Gattis 4th
OLB: Jon Beason 2nd, Earl Everett2nd, Rufus Alexander 2nd, Justin Durant 3rd, Tim Shaw 4th
DT:Brandon Mebane 3rd, Turk McBride 2nd-4th, Marcus Thomas 3rd-6th
WR:Rhema McKnight 4th-5th, Steve Smith 4th-5th, Laurent Robinson 5th-6th
RB: Darius Walker 4th-5th, Laurenzo Booker 4th-6th, Germaine Race 5th-7th rder?

Thoughts?

I'd add Tony Ugoh to the list of first round prospects for OT. I'd but him at the top of the list. None of those wide receivers offer anything more than what we currently have. Right now the value doesn't seem to be there in the later rounds at WR. I don't think DT is a need anymore Tank isn't going anywhere and we'll get Tommie and Dusty back, and in all likelyhood Scott will be re-signed. After this post-season I don't think Thomas Jones is going anywhere, not that he'll be the starter next year but if they want to compete again next year we'll need him and Benson. Nothing really stands out for me. I think Beason could be passed of as a first round pick. I'd ass Michael Johnson and Sabby Piscatelli at safety for the third round.

Hurricane Ditka
01-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Tony Ugoh is way overrated. Damn HD, you are a man *********** for draft picks...I think that has more to do with my overall assessment of our needs. I've been riding the oline horse since last year though.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Joe Staley is not worth a first round pick.

He sucks.

sweetness34
01-24-2007, 09:04 PM

Dude he pretty much mocked the St. Louis player by waving his hand at him to catch up, how is that not taunting? I don't get it. How is that different than what Reggie Bush did?

And I don't care if you're up, down, or tied; and I don't care if you do it to Brian Urlacher or ******* Henry Burris, it's still taunting.. You just don't do it IMO. I was pissed at Devin when he did it, and yes I thought it was classless, but that's my opinion on the matter.

So you think it's acceptable when a team is winning, but not when they're losing. That's hypocritcal IMO. Both cases show up the opposing team.

Smokey Joe
01-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Tony Ugoh is way overrated. Damn HD, you are a man *********** for draft picks...I think that has more to do with my overall assessment of our needs. I've been riding the oline horse since last year though.
Just stop picking a new one every other day you s|ut.

bearfan
01-24-2007, 10:48 PM
can someone find me that pic of Grossman getting "some" in the packers game please?

blkwdw13
01-24-2007, 10:54 PM

Dude he pretty much mocked the St. Louis player by waving his hand at him to catch up, how is that not taunting? I don't get it. How is that different than what Reggie Bush did?

And I don't care if you're up, down, or tied; and I don't care if you do it to Brian Urlacher or *********** Henry Burris, it's still taunting.. You just don't do it IMO. I was pissed at Devin when he did it, and yes I thought it was classless, but that's my opinion on the matter.

So you think it's acceptable when a team is winning, but not when they're losing. That's hypocritcal IMO. Both cases show up the opposing team.

I agree with you completely, neither one should of done and hopefully they both don't do it again.

Hurricane Ditka
01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with either?