PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with either?
Oh I could care less, I already said that. I just think it's silly to get upset about what Bush did but think that our own players don't do the same thing. If it got our defense pissed off for blowing a good play, good.

And I like Ugoh in at 31 or 32, it's a bit of a risk but it's really good value. I think he'll end up going higher based on measureables.

evershot
01-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Bears Prospects by Position

OT: Joe Staley1st, Arron Sears1st, Doug Free3rd, Mike Otto3rd
S: John Wendling 2nd, Eric Weddle 2nd, Josh Gattis 4th
OLB: Jon Beason 2nd, Earl Everett2nd, Rufus Alexander 2nd, Justin Durant 3rd, Tim Shaw 4th
DT:Brandon Mebane 3rd, Turk McBride 2nd-4th, Marcus Thomas 3rd-6th
WR:Rhema McKnight 4th-5th, Steve Smith 4th-5th, Laurent Robinson 5th-6th
RB: Darius Walker 4th-5th, Laurenzo Booker 4th-6th, Germaine Race 5th-7th rder?

Thoughts?

What no defensive end? Jerry Angelo has a habit of usually drafting a defensive end. The only year he didn't draft a defensive end was when the he drafted an offensive heavy draft (2005). I think a middle to late round DE prospect like Dan Buzin or Justin Hickman.

bearsfan_51
01-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Bears Prospects by Position

OT: Joe Staley1st, Arron Sears1st, Doug Free3rd, Mike Otto3rd
S: John Wendling 2nd, Eric Weddle 2nd, Josh Gattis 4th
OLB: Jon Beason 2nd, Earl Everett2nd, Rufus Alexander 2nd, Justin Durant 3rd, Tim Shaw 4th
DT:Brandon Mebane 3rd, Turk McBride 2nd-4th, Marcus Thomas 3rd-6th
WR:Rhema McKnight 4th-5th, Steve Smith 4th-5th, Laurent Robinson 5th-6th
RB: Darius Walker 4th-5th, Laurenzo Booker 4th-6th, Germaine Race 5th-7th rder?

Thoughts?

What no defensive end? Jerry Angelo has a habit of usually drafting a defensive end. The only year he didn't draft a defensive end was when the he drafted an offensive heavy draft (2005). I think a middle to late round DE prospect like Dan Buzin or Justin Hickman.
There's no roster space.

VoteLynnSwan
01-25-2007, 01:50 AM
I'm really liking Scott's analysis on James Marten... has me very interested, although he'd probably project at RT... i like his attitude. :D

VoteLynnSwan
01-25-2007, 01:52 PM
to add to this... i think Aaron Rouse is a guy we could look at at safety as well... he's been playing really well apparently, has tremendous size, and has very good speed... he'll probably shoot up the boards though so that could be an issue.

Hurricane Ditka
01-25-2007, 05:33 PM
A Super Bowl team should not be this low.

sweetness34
01-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Well then do something about it since you're on here. :P

And just like the NFC Championship, we're flying under the radar!
:wink:

Hurricane Ditka
01-25-2007, 09:01 PM

Well then do something about it since you're on here. :P

And just like the NFC Championship, we're flying under the radar!
Bring
Up
My
If you've ever wondered what bump stands for in message board jargen. Anywho, so how bout them Bears.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-26-2007, 09:19 AM
A lot of people need to get the story right. Here, this will help: http://acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070123/COLUMNISTS16/701230337/1006/NEWS17

Interesting story. I noticed how it actually isn't journalism, as the author neither interviewed nor quoted Bush saying that his intent was to point to the NO sideline. So in the end, it's wishful thinking.

Devin hester did the same thing after he socred on a return.... :|

And if you read my posts fully, you'd see that I was arguing Hester should've been flagged & fined for it, too.

In the edd, I don't care what some homer newspaper hack from LA dreams up after whipping out his crack pipe, lighting up, and imagining that Reggie Bush was doing a "classy" (or "classic") thing when it appeared to everyone watching on national TV that he was taunting. Let's put aside the question about whether it was a taunt or not. Because it certainly was stupid. Even if it was just a little, he fired up the Bears defense. Instead of the 88-yard play demoralizing the defense and swinging momentum to NO's side, it got the Bears mad, and NO didn't score another point (well, they got the PAT, but you know what I mean).

In the big picture, taunting is minor. But the fact that it didn't exist as such until maybe 10 years ago means that it shouldn't go unaddressed. I see it as a part and parcel of the media-driven focus on the individual. Look at when Tim Brown broke whatever record it was that he broke. The game was stopped, there was a little ceremony with his family coming out on the field, etc. Compare that to when Walter broke Jim Brown's record--which at the time, was unbelievable. Walter came off the field, high-fived a few guys, handed the football off to be sent to Canton, and the game went on.

Taunting is a symptom, not the problem. But the bottom line is that there is a rule against it, and mechanisms in place to address it. Think back a few years back when the Cleveland guy took off his helmet while time was still on the clock after KC missed the field goal. That was a ridiculous penalty, but it was enforced. I'm just interested in seeing the rules--stupid or not--enforced fairly.

Bush's defenders can 'justify' his behavior all they want, but the flags should have come out... as they should have been thrown on Hester, too.

Bearsfan123
01-26-2007, 11:28 AM
i agree IBNO Hester and Bush both should have been flagged.

Bearsfan123
01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
1st rd-Arron Sears OT-Offensive Tackle is a huge need for our team because all of our tackles are old. Its time for a youth movement to begin and Sears could be a great right or left tackle.

2nd rd- John Wendling S- Mike Brown wont last forever and its time his replacement is found. John Wendling will learn from Brown until his inevitable injury or until he retires in a year or two.

3rd rd-Ben Patrick TE-I read that he looked really good at the Senior Bowl practices and we do need a young tight end to learn from Desmond.

4th rd-Darius Walker RB- A good receiver out of the backfield and a good pass blocker is what the Bears would look for in our new 3rd down back. Maybe this would help us install the shotgun.(Lorenzo Booker is another possibility)

4th rd (Thomas Jones trade)-Justin Durant OLB-More of a hopeful pick than anything. He would fit if Briggs stays, but if he leaves OLB becomes a huge need and would have to be filled earlier.

5th rd-Laurent Robinson WR- A WR is not really a need but its a want. Mark Bradley hasnt stayed healthy, Rashied Davis needs some competition for the slot receiver position. (Also with this pick Justin Gage and Airese Currie could be released)

6th rd-Mike Jones OG- A good guard that has seen his stock take a hit lately. I think he can become solid if he is open to the coaching of guys like Metcalf, Garza, and Brown.

7th rd-Michael Coe CB-I dont think he'll be here in the 7th but i didnt know who would. Essentially I put him here because I read good things about him from the senior bowl, and aside from that if the Bears have an injury at the corner spot, he could be used at the Nickel.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
draft picks...

I don't know most of these guys, but I agree with your needs analysis. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

bearsfan_51
01-26-2007, 02:52 PM
1st rd-Arron Sears OT-Offensive Tackle is a huge need for our team because all of our tackles are old. Its time for a youth movement to begin and Sears could be a great right or left tackle.

2nd rd- John Wendling S- Mike Brown wont last forever and its time his replacement is found. John Wendling will learn from Brown until his inevitable injury or until he retires in a year or two.

3rd rd-Ben Patrick TE-I read that he looked really good at the Senior Bowl practices and we do need a young tight end to learn from Desmond.

4th rd-Darius Walker RB- A good receiver out of the backfield and a good pass blocker is what the Bears would look for in our new 3rd down back. Maybe this would help us install the shotgun.(Lorenzo Booker is another possibility)

4th rd (Thomas Jones trade)-Justin Durant OLB-More of a hopeful pick than anything. He would fit if Briggs stays, but if he leaves OLB becomes a huge need and would have to be filled earlier.

5th rd-Laurent Robinson WR- A WR is not really a need but its a want. Mark Bradley hasnt stayed healthy, Rashied Davis needs some competition for the slot receiver position. (Also with this pick Justin Gage and Airese Currie could be released)

6th rd-Mike Jones OG- A good guard that has seen his stock take a hit lately. I think he can become solid if he is open to the coaching of guys like Metcalf, Garza, and Brown.

7th rd-Michael Coe CB-I dont think he'll be here in the 7th but i didnt know who would. Essentially I put him here because I read good things about him from the senior bowl, and aside from that if the Bears have an injury at the corner spot, he could be used at the Nickel.
Not too shabby.

Hurricane Ditka
01-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Heres my Bears Mock Pre-Super Bowl. It's fairly similar to 123s but I've had different prospects there in it's various re-writes.

1. Tony Ugoh. His stock is really soring lately, and theres a good chance he won't be there, but I think his stock will be peak at about late first early second. I'd take him over Sears because he has left tackle potential, whereas Sears will be strictly a right tackle or guard. Ugoh will benefit from a year or two of coaching under Harry Heistand before Fred Miller retires and John Tait slides back to right tackle.

2. Michael Johnson. Safety Arizona. I think he'll test out better well at the combine and he has the athletic tools to start at Strong Safety. Our entire secondary will benefit from the return of Mike Brown, but I don't think we can count on him to be a full time player. Platooning Brown with Harris, Johnson and Johnson will give us the flexibility to use Mike Brown where he's most affective.

3. Justin Durant. I've had him in the third for a while, and since I'm no longer projecting a trade for Thomas Jones, I think the third is the best spot for him and with wishful thinking he'll be here. He might be light, but he's cut and he'll entire a competition with Jamar Williams (who I like, but he hasn't shown enough), Rod Wilson, and Leon Joe (who has interesting potential, he played well when he played last year and he's had another year in the system, and I think could very well end up starting).

Feh, I'll do more later.

bearfan
01-26-2007, 05:06 PM
what do you guys think of JD Nelson out of Oregon?

Bearsfan123
01-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Quoting Scott Wright on Ben Patrick-"Ben Patrick of Delaware was impressive again at tight end and is so natural that he almost looks like a 270lb. wide receiver."

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Quoting Scott Wright on Ben Patrick-"Ben Patrick of Delaware was impressive again at tight end and is so natural that he almost looks like a 270lb. wide receiver."

Think he'll last until the 3rd round, then?

VoteLynnSwan
01-27-2007, 03:14 AM

he probably won't because he'll likely have monster combine numbers... I'd imagine 2nd round like Klopfenstein last year after a big combine.

Bearsfan123
01-27-2007, 11:39 AM

he probably won't because he'll likely have monster combine numbers... I'd imagine 2nd round like Klopfenstein last year after a big combine.

that makes me :cry:

sweetness34
01-27-2007, 04:02 PM
BUMP!

GO BEARS! :D

VoteLynnSwan
01-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Just one week from today! I'm pumped!

so lets get some input on the draft though...

who looked good at the seniorbowl? Ugoh looked bad in pass protection, something we can't afford with Rex, although he could sit a year and learn under Tait and Miller... Staley doesn't look strong enough... although those NFL performance juices do a number on players... Sears looked terrible...

Addict
01-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Just one week from today! I'm pumped!

so lets get some input on the draft though...

who looked good at the seniorbowl? Ugoh looked bad in pass protection, something we can't afford with Rex, although he could sit a year and learn under Tait and Miller... Staley doesn't look strong enough... although those NFL performance juices do a number on players... Sears looked terrible...

I think no lineman we can draft looked great. Best thing to do is wait patiently for the combine. As of now, I like Staley the most.

bearfan
01-28-2007, 10:17 AM

And with Merriweathers good game, maybe him at the end of the 1st?

Hurricane Ditka
01-28-2007, 10:32 AM

And with Merriweathers good game, maybe him at the end of the 1st?No. Offensive line is the way to go.

Smokey Joe
01-28-2007, 11:40 AM

And with Merriweathers good game, maybe him at the end of the 1st?
no need for more punks on these team...

IndyColtScout
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Bears fans, I need your help. Not here to talk SB. I want some info on Ian Scott. The Colts are going to need another DT this off-season, and I am thinking that it would be better to sign a small time FA, then use a pick on a DT. I believe that Ian Scott will be a target of the Colts this off-season. My question to Bears Fan, how effective has he looked in the cover 2 the past few seasons? How good is his pass rush? Most of all, chances he stays in CHI, and how much will his contract demands likely be?

The Colts need a DT who can make an impact now. Booger, Raegor, Scott, Brock would complete the Colts DT rotation.

bearfan
01-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Bears fans, I need your help. Not here to talk SB. I want some info on Ian Scott. The Colts are going to need another DT this off-season, and I am thinking that it would be better to sign a small time FA, then use a pick on a DT. I believe that Ian Scott will be a target of the Colts this off-season. My question to Bears Fan, how effective has he looked in the cover 2 the past few seasons? How good is his pass rush? Most of all, chances he stays in CHI, and how much will his contract demands likely be?

The Colts need a DT who can make an impact now. Booger, Raegor, Scott, Brock would complete the Colts DT rotation.

I really like Ian Scott, right now i am not sure if he will be able to walk or resigned. imo he is an all around player, and really underrated. Tips a lot of balls at the line, and gets a good push.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 08:01 PM
With the selection of Dvoraceck I doubt we resign Scott. I doubt he signs with Indy to be a backup either though.

49ersfan_87
01-28-2007, 08:34 PM

I really like Ian Scott, right now i am not sure if he will be able to walk or resigned. imo he is an all around player, and really underrated. Tips a lot of balls at the line, and gets a good push.

Could Ian Scott be a 3-4 NT?

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM

Could Ian Scott be a 3-4 NT?
If he gained some weight I think so. He's certainly stout enough at the point of attack.

GB12
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh my god, that is ******* disgusting

Hurricane Ditka
01-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Oh my god, that is *********** disgustingWhat are you talking about?

GB12
01-28-2007, 09:21 PM

There was a really nasty picture posted by a spammer. I almost threw up.

Smokey Joe
01-28-2007, 11:02 PM

There was a really nasty picture posted by a spammer. I almost threw up.
what was the picture?

Windy
01-28-2007, 11:03 PM
tubgirl

Bearsfan123
01-29-2007, 09:44 AM
soo, why is one of the two teams in the super bowl, why is the bears thread so low?

We are probably the second biggest group yet, this thread is always in the middle.

Okay on to the Bears, what does everyone think of getting a guy like Marcus Thomas in like the 5th or 6th rd?

rchrd
01-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey, good luck in the big one lads. Hate the bears but the fans on here are so amiable I cant help but wish you the best, I'll be fully pulling for the Colts however 8)

think we're gonna have a pish up for the game even though it wont start till about 1am and we're all up early monday morning but hey its the superbowl.

sweetness34
01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey, good luck in the big one lads. Hate the bears but the fans on here are so amiable I cant help but wish you the best, I'll be fully pulling for the Colts however 8)

think we're gonna have a pish up for the game even though it wont start till about 1am and we're all up early monday morning but hey its the superbowl.

Screw you, ya English bastard. :lol: :wink:

Oh I understand your hatred towards the Bears. And if the Vikes ever get to the SB, I'd root against them too for obvious reasons.

And 123, I have a job and I'm in school full time now, so I won't be around as much as I was when I had my winter break. So you High School kids need to pick up the slack. 51, toony, and I are all over 10,000 posts, so quick bitching and post more. :lol:

bearfan
01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Ahhhh I am trying :shock: :lol:

As I said, you guys cover a lot. And what am I..half way there? or 1/2 way to 8000? Dontcha worry, once draft time comes around, I will probably be bitching about our picks like last year until I realize that JA is a genius for picking who he did.

bearfan
01-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Alright, being that we have the 31st or 32nd spot there are a few players that I would be upset if we opted not to take them:

Brandon Merriweather S
reason:
While character issues are "worrisome", I believe that he is to great a talent to pass up at 31/32 and he could be Mike Browns replacement (or move D Mann over)

Dwayne Bowe WR
Reason:
I wasnt to high on him before, but the more I hear about him the more I like. Moose is getting up there, Bradley and Berrian have heaps of potential, but they are injured a lot. This isnt one i would be so upset, but I still would like to see it, and give rex the extra option

Hurricane Ditka
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Oh I understand your hatred towards the Bears. And if the Vikes ever get to the SB, I'd root against them too for obvious reasons.

And 123, I have a job and I'm in school full time now, so I won't be around as much as I was when I had my winter break. So you High School kids need to pick up the slack. 51, toony, and I are all over 10,000 posts, so quick bitching and post more. :lol:If not for my posting hiatus over the summer I would have 10 grand easily.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Alright, being that we have the 31st or 32nd spot there are a few players that I would be upset if we opted not to take them:

Brandon Merriweather S
reason:
While character issues are "worrisome", I believe that he is to great a talent to pass up at 31/32 and he could be Mike Browns replacement (or move D Mann over)

Dwayne Bowe WR
Reason:
I wasnt to high on him before, but the more I hear about him the more I like. Moose is getting up there, Bradley and Berrian have heaps of potential, but they are injured a lot. This isnt one i would be so upset, but I still would like to see it, and give rex the extra option

We can get Merriweather in the late 2nd.

Hurricane Ditka
01-29-2007, 06:10 PM

Brandon Merriweather S
reason:

Dwayne Bowe WR
Reason:
I wasnt to high on him before, but the more I hear about him the more I like. Moose is getting up there, Bradley and Berrian have heaps of potential, but they are injured a lot. This isnt one i would be so upset, but I still would like to see it, and give rex the extra optionNo, no, no, no, no.

Smokey Joe
01-29-2007, 06:31 PM
O-linemen I want for da bears, in order...

1. Levi Brown
2. Justin Blalock
3. Joe Staley
4. Tony Ugoh
5. Aaron Sears
6. Josh Beekman
7. Manuel Ramirez
8. Doug Free

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
With the selection of Dvoraceck I doubt we resign Scott. I doubt he signs with Indy to be a backup either though.

51 speaks truth yet again. Scott has been a great backup and spot player, and has done a good job adjusting to a system that doesn't fit his style. He won't be back with the Bears, especially as Idonije was signed to a hefty contract to pretty much be Scott. It's a shame, because Ian is a good character guy as well as a good player.

But he's not going anywhere to be a backup. He'll end up starting for someone.

Dvoracek, as long as he's recovered from his injury and keeping his nose clean, should be everything that Scott is/was and more. The prospect of reuniting a healthy Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek (along with Anderson pushing Brown and Ogunleye) gives me great hope that next year's defensive line will surpass the LB corps as the strength of the defense.

Hurricane Ditka
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I think 2 offensive line prospects one with versatility and one devoted to tackle. 1st and 4th works for me, with 2nd and 3rd being devoted to saftey linebacker depending on value.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Manuel Ramirez
Kyle Young

I would really like to have.

Young's stock has taken a huge hit. I think he would be a great future Center.. Kreutz can help groom him, and he can slide over to Guard until Kreutz is done playing.

I am a big fan of Ramirez as well. He's a beast in the run game.. A bit under rated imo.

I wouldn't mind at all if JA took 3-4 OL in this draft.

1 ~ Michael Griffin
2 ~ Manuel Ramirez
3 ~ BPA
4 ~ Kyle Young

Smokey Joe
01-29-2007, 10:01 PM
I really hope Ruben Brown is resigned. He has been a beast the past two seasons, and has at leas 1 more good season in him. Plus, that would elliminate OG as a draft need.

pellepelle_10
01-29-2007, 10:56 PM
O-linemen I want for da bears, in order...

1. Levi Brown
2. Justin Blalock
3. Joe Staley
4. Tony Ugoh
5. Aaron Sears
6. Josh Beekman
7. Manuel Ramirez
8. Doug Free

I don't know what the fascination with OL being drafted in the first round is. Understood it is a definate depth concern but lets be a little logical here. Since when has Angelo drafted a lineman that did anything notable for our team? If I'm simply not seeing the light let me know. Olin Kruetz was the only one I can think of and he came way before Angelo. Do you guys HONESTLY think he'll draft an O-Lineman to watch the Colombo situation happen all over again? I seriously think OL will not come in the first. We have a better chance seeing depth come out of free agency than anything. This is based off of what Angelo has performed best at. Our track record proves this.

bearsfan_51
01-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Angelo has only had 5 drafts, and in those has only take an OL on the first day twice, give him some time. Metcalf has been pretty good, and you can't put Colombo's injuries on him. You can't use history as a rationalization to predict future events, and this is coming from a professional historian.

Hurricane Ditka
01-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Addressing the offensive line in free agency only provides temporary fixes, like we're seeing right now. Good offensive lines can be built via free agency, great offensive lines are built through the draft. If a general manager lets one bad drafting experience dictate their entire career from that point on, they aren't a very good general manager. Angelo is a good general manager, and if offensive line presents the best value at the position we're drafting at then he will draft an offensive lineman. And at this point it wouldn't be a depth pick on the o-line, it would be to start in the very near future. Either competing with Terrance Metcalf for Brown's spot, or sitting behind Tait and Miller for a year, and taking over at left tackle.

sweetness34
01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Angelo has only had 5 drafts, and in those has only take an OL on the first day twice, give him some time. Metcalf has been pretty good, and you can't put Colombo's injuries on him. You can't use history as a rationalization to predict future events, and this is coming from a professional historian.

Keep in mind too that Colombo is starting for Dallas, so it was actually a good draft pick. He was very good IMO until he hurt his knee, which is a shame and it's good to see him succeeding.

pellepelle_10
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm not just going on his drafts bearsfan. I'm going off of what has been successful. He has been successful with acquiring FA offensive lineman. Tait, Rivera, Miller, and Brown. 4 of the 5 starting O-Lineman are from Free Agency.

I agree the offensive line needs some youth. We'd all be fools to disagree but in all honestly I don't think he'll go that route. I think Angelo will go with what he's been successful with. Bring in the FA Olineman and lets draft ourself some players in other need positions.

OLB looks good for us at #31-32, Safety and Cornerback looks good. WR looks good also.

pellepelle_10
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm not just going on his drafts bearsfan. I'm going off of what has been successful. He has been successful with acquiring FA offensive lineman. Tait, Rivera, Miller, and Brown. 4 of the 5 starting O-Lineman are from Free Agency.

I agree the offensive line needs some youth. We'd all be fools to disagree but in all honestly I don't think he'll go that route. I think Angelo will go with what he's been successful with. Bring in the FA Olineman and lets draft ourself some players in other need positions.

OLB looks good for us at #31-32, Safety and Cornerback looks good. WR looks good also.

Addict
01-30-2007, 04:00 AM

I think Angelo wants to draft his o-linemen himself more than anything, especially since it's easier on the cap.

I guess he'll go BPA within his needs. Meaning he'll draft a player within his needs (OL, OLB, CB, S, WR) but he'll look at what's on the board in terms of talent and value to see what he'll draft in the end.

That would make sense to me.

sweetness34
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
BUMP!

GB12
01-30-2007, 09:32 PM
BUMP!

Spam!

sweetness34
01-30-2007, 09:42 PM
BUMP!

Spam!

:P

GB12
01-30-2007, 09:45 PM
BUMP!

Spam!

At least bump it with a
http://soulrain.tripod.com/LAS/pics/082500/rp_mp2luigi.jpg

Hurricane Ditka
01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
BUMP!

Spam!

At least bump it with a
http://soulrain.tripod.com/LAS/pics/082500/rp_mp2luigi.jpgA tripod picture?

GB12
01-30-2007, 09:51 PM
BUMP!

Spam!

At least bump it with a
http://soulrain.tripod.com/LAS/pics/082500/rp_mp2luigi.jpgA tripod picture?

:? It worked when I posted it.

http://www.smashbrothersonline.com/CharacterBios/BioWaluigi.jpg

bearsfan_51
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
http://jacob.efinke.com/toad.jpg
**** yeah

Hurricane Ditka
01-30-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.smashbrothersonline.com/CharacterBios/BioVacuumLuigi1.jpg

Bearsfan123
01-30-2007, 11:26 PM

And 123, I have a job and I'm in school full time now, so I won't be around as much as I was when I had my winter break. So you High School kids need to pick up the slack. 51, toony, and I are all over 10,000 posts, so quick bitching and post more. :lol:

:lol: :lol: you think im in high school? :lol: oh wait, that means you dont think highly of me. :cry: :cry:

Smokey Joe
01-30-2007, 11:42 PM
HD and I are the young guns. In about 5 years, we will kill both 51 and sweetness and have sex with their wifes/girlfriends/mothers. Then we will be the two domiate posters here. This cycle never ends. But toonster never dies.

SFbear
01-31-2007, 12:13 AM
http://www.emroca.com/img/bsb/emroca_mariio_land2.jpg

Beat that ****! :D

SFbear
01-31-2007, 02:25 AM
http://assets.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/DFCFGMMBPGCK/MBrown2_inside091805.jpg
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070130bearsbrown,1,846508.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Asked if the experience is bittersweet, Brown's voice cracked.

"Of course it is, man," he said. "It's tough for me."

At that point, no doubt, Brown must have recalled how hard he had worked to get to this point in his career. He buried his face in his hands and began to sob.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry, probably my favorite bear.

O.K. back to Mario pics.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I really don't think it's a big deal at all. Devin Hester taunted the *********** out of the Rams on both of his runbacks. If you don't want them to taunt, don't let them score.

Devin did it against a crap defense and not towards a former MVP. HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE. Plus, we were winning after that TD celebration. and Hester didn't do a jig. and he didn't DIVE into the endzone. To compare the two is pure ignorance.
Ah yes...pure ignorance, as opposed to contaminated ignorance. So sorry to disrupt your heighten sensibilities whoever the hell you are.

So it's only taunting if you point at a good player, but not taunting if you point at bad players? Is that the gist of your argument? Hester pointed, did a little hand motion towards the players, dragged his feet in a Neion dance for about 5 yards kicking field turf all over the place, and then danced once he got into the endzone. I suppose that no, he didn't flip, so maybe there in lies your argument.

Otherwise, I question your ability to jurist who is ignorant and who is not.

That is far from what I was saying. The point is that the impact of a taunt cannot be compared when you taunt an Urlacher or Lewis as opposed to an Adam Archuletta or Nick Harper. Jurist that.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 09:31 AM

I had no problem with Hester's actions. i wouldn't call it a taunt either. Bush did it to piss people off. congrats to you reggie.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 10:15 AM

I had no problem with Hester's actions. i wouldn't call it a taunt either. Bush did it to piss people off. congrats to you reggie.

So what did Hester do then? Congratulate the Rams? :?

And why are we still talking about this subject. And btw Smokey, 51 and I own you, so shut up.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 12:24 PM
HD and I are the young guns. In about 5 years, we will kill both 51 and sweetness and have sex with their wifes/girlfriends/mothers. Then we will be the two domiate posters here. This cycle never ends. But toonster never dies.That's incredibly depressing. I'm a senior, and I definetly won't be posting here much enxt years.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 12:29 PM

And why are we still talking about this subject. And btw Smokey, 51 and I own you, so shut up.

watch what you say son. it is too bad that you are mentally incapable of understanding developed arguments. there are many programs, that my taxes pay for, run by the federal government to help people of your kind.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM

watch what you say son. it is too bad that you are mentally incapable of understanding developed arguments. there are many programs, that my taxes pay for, run by the federal government to help people of your kind.

What the **** are you talking about dude? Please tell me how what Hester did was any better than what Reggie Bush did. He waved the St. Louis Rams players to try and catch him, THAT IS TAUNTING. God, I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane person on this planet. :lol:

Could someone please help me out here?

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 01:41 PM

What the *********** are you talking about dude? Please tell me how what Hester did was any better than what Reggie Bush did. He waved the St. Louis Rams players to try and catch him, THAT IS TAUNTING. God, I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane person on this planet. :lol:

Reggie taunted when he team was trailing. That is purely idiotic. Please see my prior post when I laid out a good half dozen reasons why comparing the two actions is unacceptable.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-31-2007, 01:44 PM

What the *********** are you talking about dude? Please tell me how what Hester did was any better than what Reggie Bush did. He waved the St. Louis Rams players to try and catch him, THAT IS TAUNTING. God, I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane person on this planet. :lol:

It was the same thing and almost as bad.

Bush's was a little worse kuz the g4y leap at the end.

But it's the same exact thing.

David Haugh, of the Chicago Tribune, reports a league source has indicated that Cincinnati Bengals OG Eric Steinbach, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, will show interest in signing with the Bears this offseason.

He went to Providence in New Lennox I believe.

If Ruben hangs em up Steinbach would be really really nice. He's a monster.

I wonder how much $$ he will command though? Probably a good amount, if JA can get a hometown discount he would be a great pickup.

But Garza & Metcalf are signed long term.. I'm not a big fan of Metcalfs at all.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 01:50 PM

David Haugh, of the Chicago Tribune, reports a league source has indicated that Cincinnati Bengals OG Eric Steinbach, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, will show interest in signing with the Bears this offseason.

I wonder how much $$ he will command though? Probably a good amount, if JA can get a hometown discount he would be a great pickup.

But Garza & Metcalf are signed long term.. I'm not a big fan of Metcalfs at all.

David Haugh is the man. An absolute Tony kornheiser of the Midwest.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 01:51 PM

Reggie taunted when he team was trailing. That is purely idiotic. Please see my prior post when I laid out a good half dozen reasons why comparing the two actions is unacceptable.

Taunting isn't acceptable anytime dude. I could care less if a team is winning, losing, or tied. You just don't do it.

That and Hester did it in their house, on their field. I can compare the two incidents because both of them waved to the defenders to try and catch them. Hester taunted St. Louis and Reggie taunted us, period.

Don't try and stick up for Devin and bash Reggie, because you're a ******* hypocrite if you do.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 01:52 PM

David Haugh is an idiot half the time I see him talk.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM

David Haugh is an idiot half the time I see him talk.

of course. lemme guess: i say "toe-may-toe" you say "toe-mah-toe?" sure thing buddy. sure thing. keep showing that utter lack of intelligence. im sure he's the bears' beat writer because he sux.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 01:55 PM

Taunting isn't acceptable anytime dude. I could care less if a team is winning, losing, or tied. You just don't do it.

That and Hester did it in their house, on their field. I can compare the two incidents because both of them waved to the defenders to try and catch them. Hester taunted St. Louis and Reggie taunted us, period.

Don't try and stick up for Devin and bash Reggie, because you're a *********** hypocrite if you do.

a hypocrite says one thing and does another. im not doing anything. nice control of the english language once again.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM

Don't try and stick up for Devin and bash Reggie, because you're a *********** hypocrite if you do.

a hypocrite says one thing and does another. im not doing anything. nice control of the english language once again.

No, you said what Bush did was taunting, and what Hester did wasn't. That is a hypocrite my friend. Congratulations. Read your posts above. Taunting to Urlacher is taunting. But taunting to Archuleta isn't taunting.:lol: :roll:

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 02:15 PM

No, you said what Bush did was taunting, and what Hester did wasn't. That is a hypocrite my friend. Congratulations. Read your posts above. Taunting to Urlacher is taunting. But taunting to Archuleta isn't taunting.:lol: :roll:

a hypocrite says one thing and does the opposite. i never taunted the rams or bears. so i can't be a hypocrite.

regardless, i'm burying this subject. there are much bigger fishes to fry. like peyton manning.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 02:28 PM

a hypocrite says one thing and does the opposite. i never taunted the rams or bears. so i can't be a hypocrite.

regardless, i'm burying this subject. there are much bigger fishes to fry. like peyton manning.

A hypocrite can say one thing and believe another as well. It's not just toned down to the dictionary definition. It's otherwise known as a flip flopper. Is that a better word for you?

Whatever man...And btw, Sam Smith is the beat writer for the Bulls my friend, and he's an idiot. I personally don't like Haugh because he's always so negative, well up until we got to the Super Bowl. There are idiots all over the journalistic world, and IN MY OPINION, Haugh is one as well. It had nothing to do with your opinion. I guess I didn't have to quote you but oh well, I did.

NYmoney
01-31-2007, 02:53 PM
[quote:3e8c426114="Hurricane Ditka"]Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with either?

A hypocrite can say one thing and believe another as well. It's not just toned down to the dictionary definition. It's otherwise known as a flip flopper. Is that a better word for you?

Whatever man...And btw, Sam Smith is the beat writer for the Bulls my friend, and he's an idiot. I personally don't like Haugh because he's always so negative, well up until we got to the Super Bowl. There are idiots all over the journalistic world, and IN MY OPINION, Haugh is one as well. It had nothing to do with your opinion. I guess I didn't have to quote you but oh well, I did.[/quote:3e8c426114]

look at what i wrote. i never said that haugh was the beat for the bulls. i told you he's the beat for the bears. get the facts straight son.

Haugh is not negative. He's a realist. He realizes that there are many holes in this team. That's the truth. However, he was very kind to the team after the Seattle game.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-31-2007, 05:50 PM
lol..

I didn't know Haugh was the guy on Chicago Tribune Live..

He is annoying.. I can see where the dislike is coming from.

But anyway I bet the report is legit since Steinbach is a local guy.. I just don't think the Bears will be interested back.

JA likes building the OL through FA.. Steinbach would be awesome. But probably not realistic with the amount of $ he will command and we have Garza & Metcalf signed long term.

Is it too unrealistic to think that if JA drafts a Tackle in the first that he could come in right away and start?

Miller has really shown his age this year imo.

bearsfan_51
01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
It's possible, but I prefer to only start rookies as a last case scenario.

And get a room fellas.

VoteLynnSwan
01-31-2007, 07:08 PM

let me get this straight... you like Haugh? and if that's the case... Did you just compare someone favorably to Tony Kornheiser?

TONY KORNHEISER!? WHAT!?

Tony Kornheiser is a complete moron, i really hope that was sarcasm, but the way you responded to sweetness leads me to believe it wasn't...

bearsfan_51
01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Kornheiser is great. You know not which you speak.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Kornheiser is an annoying idiot. Especially on MNF.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
I saw we all apply for the Bears jobs with the other Bears fan as preferred users, making us like a draft team. 51 can be Ted Phillips, I can be Jerry Angelo, Sweetness can be Lovie Smith, and well Smokey Joe can be Virginia McCaskey.

bearsfan_51
01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I saw we all apply for the Bears jobs with the other Bears fan as preferred users, making us like a draft team. 51 can be Ted Phillips, I can be Jerry Angelo, Sweetness can be Lovie Smith, and well Smokey Joe can be Virginia McCaskey.
:lol:
Smokey is a *****.

I like the idea, but I want to be Angelo, since he's my idol and all.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I listed every bears fan as my prefered user (plus Ravens1991-he was a good co-gm in the forum mock).

And HD, you're just jealous your not cool enough to be qualified for the owner.

Windy
01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
i'm virginia mcaskey

bearsfan_51
01-31-2007, 08:26 PM
http://www.dahl.com/weblog/images/100w-mccaskey.gif
Bringing sexy back.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Smokey is a ***********.

I like the idea, but I want to be Angelo, since he's my idol and all.We both be Angelo, like when 2 people both wanted to be the Green Ranger, you compromise and one of you is the Green Ranger and the Other is the White Ranger, even though they're the same person.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Smokey is a ***********.

I like the idea, but I want to be Angelo, since he's my idol and all.
:o I'm a * times 11!?!?!?!? How dare you! :x

bearsfan_51
01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Smokey is a ***********.

I like the idea, but I want to be Angelo, since he's my idol and all.We both be Angelo, like when 2 people both wanted to be the Green Ranger, you compromise and one of you is the Green Ranger and the Other is the White Ranger, even though they're the same person.
Green Ranger was way sweeter.

GB12
01-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Smokey is a ***********.

Green Ranger kicks the White Ranger's ass.

Smokey Joe
Smokey is a ***********.

Tommy was my favorite ranger.

Windy
you guys all will lose the races.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Smokey is a ***********.

Green Ranger was way sweeter.That's cause he had the Dragon Flute. That thing was badass.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Seriously though, I really like that idea HD. If you, 51, sweetness, and maybe toonster, as well as I agree to all of this, maybe we could pm ward with this idea?

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Seriously though, I really like that idea HD. If you, 51, sweetness, and maybe toonster, as well as I agree to all of this, maybe we could pm ward with this idea?Toonster sightings are few and far between. I'm down, since it was my idea. It'd be sweet as hell, we'd have the collective knowledge and differing opinions of the Bears fan collective.

Windy
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
i put the bears down anuses.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Windy you can be Ron Turner.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Seriously though, I really like that idea HD. If you, 51, sweetness, and maybe toonster, as well as I agree to all of this, maybe we could pm ward with this idea?Toonster sightings are few and far between. I'm down, since it was my idea. It'd be sweet as hell, we'd have the collective knowledge and differing opinions of the Bears fan collective.
Lets say we got 4 guys. 1 guy, probably 51, would be the GM, making the final decision. Then another guy could be the head coach, who "scouts" the players. And then there could be a defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator who just focus on "scouting" players on their side of the ball. And toonster can be the consultant who pops in every once in a while with advice.

Windy
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
what about kyle orton?

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
what about kyle orton?
he is god...

Windy
01-31-2007, 09:34 PM
The Chicago Bears Cabinet

Director Emeritus-Toonsterwu

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Scout- Smokey

Defensive Scout/Special Teams- WCBGU

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 09:36 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

Defensive Scout/Special Teams- WCBGUI can live with that. Let's send it to Ward and call it The United States of America.

VoteLynnSwan
01-31-2007, 09:54 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

Defensive Scout/Special Teams- WCBGUI can live with that. Let's send it to Ward and call it The United States of America.

i can't believe you would forget the best assistant/co gm in any forum mock where the Bears drafted Mark Anderson...

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 09:54 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

You think he'd allow this? It makes so much sense I can't see how he wouldn't. Unless it made too much sense, so much that he couldn't allow it.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

i can't believe you would forget the best assistant/co gm in any forum mock where the Bears drafted Mark Anderson...
we could throw you in there somewhere. Head GFX guy and scout.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

i can't believe you would forget the best assistant/co gm in any forum mock where the Bears drafted Mark Anderson...I was actually going to talk about that. But didn't. We drafted Mark Anderson in the second, and I can't remember our other like 9 picks.

sweetness34
01-31-2007, 10:34 PM

No offense but I think we'd do pretty damn well at this, especially if we can somehow get SFBear and IBNO. 51, toony, SFBear, IBNO, myself, HD, and Smokey make a helluva a team man. Jesus. Hell no offense to HD, Smokey, and myself but 51, toony, IBNO, and SFBear IMO are the best foursome on this board IMO. Not to say we don't know as much but they are just brilliant when it comes to football IMO.

I'll take the VP job with pleasure.

TitleTown088
01-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Live from soldier feild..

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/SF1-1a.jpg

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 10:42 PM

No offense but I think we'd do pretty damn well at this, especially if we can somehow get SFBear and IBNO. 51, toony, SFBear, IBNO, myself, HD, and Smokey make a helluva a team man. Jesus. Hell no offense to HD, Smokey, and myself but 51, toony, IBNO, and SFBear IMO are the best foursome on this board IMO. Not to say we don't know as much but they are just brilliant when it comes to football IMO.

You have insulted my honor! *glove slap* I challenge you to a duel sir!

I haven't seen much of SFB, but IBNO is pretty damn knowledgeable.

SFBear and IBNO could both be assistand/scouts if they want to be. The more the merrier (hey, that's what you say in bed!). I hope we can get this sorted out this week and pm/e-mail our plan to ward!

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM

I'll take the VP job with pleasure.We'd be amazing. Because like actual teams we'd have several varying opinions and can actual hammer out strategies and the like. I say we finalize it and then send it to Ward.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM

I'll take the VP job with pleasure.We'd be amazing. Because like actual teams we'd have several varying opinions and can actual hammer out strategies and the like. I say we finalize it and then send it to Ward.
Lets just wait until tommorow to see if SFBear, IBNO, or any other knowledgeable Bear fan wants to join.

Or could/should we just add them as we go on?

bearfan
01-31-2007, 10:52 PM
You all are so confusing :evil:

Windy
01-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Head GM

Assistant GM

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator-scouts offensive draft prospects

Defensive Coordinator-scouts defensive draft prospects

Special Teams Coordinators-scouts special teams prospects/fa's

Free Agency Scout-head of free agency scouting

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 10:54 PM
you could be our GFX guy.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Head GM - 51

Assistant GM - Sweetness

Head Coach - HD

Offensive Coordinator-scouts offensive draft prospects - ME

Defensive Coordinator-scouts defensive draft prospects - WCBGU

Special Teams Coordinators-scouts special teams prospects/fa's - ?

Free Agency Scout-head of free agency scouting - ?

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 10:57 PM

Lets just wait until tommorow to see if SFBear, IBNO, or any other knowledgeable Bear fan wants to join.

Or could/should we just add them as we go on?Well we could formulate a general list, and then check with those that have interest.

GM-Final Decision Maker:51

Assistant to the GM-Self-Explanatory. Reports to GM:Sweetness

Head Coach:Talent Reviewer, Scheme Reviews, Reports to GM and Ass GM:Yours Truly

Head Scout: Looks up, Evaluates Players, Reports to Head Coach and above:Smokey J

Defensive Scout:Reports to Head Scout on defensive players, including Free Agents:Windy

Offensive Scout:Reports to Head Scout on offensive players, including Free Agents:VLS

Contract Specialist:Fabricates the reports needed to sign Free Agents:Bearfan54

bearfan
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM

what would be required of me?

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM

what would be required of me?I came up with a position for you.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 10:59 PM

Or could/should we just add them as we go on?Well we could formulate a general list, and then check with those that have interest.

Head Coach:Talent Reviewer, Scheme Reviews, Reports to GM and Ass GM:Yours Truly

Head Scout: Looks up, Evaluates Players, Reports to Head Coach and above:Smokey J

Defensive Scout:Reports to Head Scout on defensive players, including Free Agents:Windy

Offensive Scout:Reports to Head Scout on offensive players, including Free Agents:VLS

Contract Specialist:Fabricates the reports needed to sign Free Agents:Bearfan54
Yeah, I really like that. Plus maybe VLS or Bearfan can make us some GFX logos to make us look badass 8)

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 11:01 PM
We need to finalize and authoritize this puppy and send it to Ward and then proceed to dominate the Forum Off season with our mighty domination powers.

Windy
01-31-2007, 11:02 PM
also bearfan could make press releases with logos notifying everyone who we trade for and draft.

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
also bearfan could make press releases with logos notifying everyone who we trade for and draft.Yeah. And I can use my secrets to get the pictures from getty sans watermark.

VoteLynnSwan
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

i can't believe you would forget the best assistant/co gm in any forum mock where the Bears drafted Mark Anderson...I was actually going to talk about that. But didn't. We drafted Mark Anderson in the second, and I can't remember our other like 9 picks.

i wanna say Joe Toledo... that other lineman from Maryland and i can't remember anyone else either...

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 11:05 PM

President/GM-51

VP-Sweetness

Head Coach-Ditka

i wanna say Joe Toledo... that other lineman from Maryland and i can't remember anyone else either...We drafted quite a few Db's didn't we?

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I say we each write 10 page essays on why this works and send them all the ward. He would have no choice but to accept this!

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I say we each write 10 page essays on why this works and send them all the ward. He would have no choice but to accept this!I say we finalize and just send it with a short paragraph.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 11:08 PM
I say we each write 10 page essays on why this works and send them all the ward. He would have no choice but to accept this!I say we finalize and just send it with a short paragraph.
I suppose that'll work also :x

bearfan
01-31-2007, 11:08 PM
haha no thanks guys. Been real busy lately, and wouldnt want to not be able to do what I am supposed to. But anyhelp you guys may need, just ask and I will see what I can do

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
haha no thanks guys. Been real busy lately, and wouldnt want to not be able to do what I am supposed to. But anyhelp you guys may need, just ask and I will see what I can do
okay, you can be situational helper guy!

Hurricane Ditka
01-31-2007, 11:10 PM
haha no thanks guys. Been real busy lately, and wouldnt want to not be able to do what I am supposed to. But anyhelp you guys may need, just ask and I will see what I can dohttp://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/You're%20Fired.jpg

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 11:11 PM
http://yoshi.2yr.net/pics/smw-yoshi-and-mario.jpg

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Will our assosiation name be "The United States of Ditka" or "The United Ditka's of America"? Or "The Ditka States of America"?

SFbear
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM

:shock: Honestly Im kind of an idiot. Also I don't know small school prospects that well.

Smokey Joe
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM

:shock: Honestly Im kind of an idiot. Also I don't know small school prospects that well.
you in or out!?

SFbear
01-31-2007, 11:31 PM

you in or out!?

Sorry, gonna be busy. Ill add my two cents whenever i can if you guys are willing to listen.

VoteLynnSwan
02-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Will our assosiation name be "The United States of Ditka" or "The United Ditka's of America"? Or "The Ditka States of America"?

The Ditka States of America would get my vote...

pellepelle_10
02-01-2007, 02:04 AM
from KFFL.com

Bears | Steinbach could have interest in joining team
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:31:32 -0800

from Foxsports:

Eric Steinbach - #65 - Guard - 6'6" - 290lbs
News: The Bengals and free agent offensive lineman Eric Steinbach are expected to begin contract talks in the coming days.
Impact: Steinbach is said to be Cincinnati's top offseason priority, but is "sure to visit Chicago and Cleveland" if a deal can't be reached. The Bills have also been mentioned as possible suitors for the versatile Steinbach. (Sat. Jan 27, 2007)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the Bears once again go FA instead of the Draft for an O-Lineman I'll keep this post as an archive :wink:

rchrd
02-01-2007, 07:12 AM

8) If it makes you feel any better mate i'm gonna have both Colts and Bears fans representation in my house and when the bears go and win (inentional jinx :D) i'll have to deal with their taunting and the fact of going in monday morning a complete wreck hungover without any sleep :cry:

NYmoney
02-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Kornheiser is an annoying idiot. Especially on MNF.

Kornheiser is the best. It's just that simple. He's a God amongst sportswriters.

NYmoney
02-01-2007, 08:18 AM
this is the least amount of Super Bowl chat anyone could have expected.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Woot woot

aic4ever
02-01-2007, 11:28 AM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/jodyverhagen/BigStormHeadingtoFlorida75.jpg

Thought you guys might enjoy this if you haven't seen it already...

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 11:29 AM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/jodyverhagen/BigStormHeadingtoFlorida75.jpg

Are we attacking New Orleans or Miami?

Either way it makes sense.

aic4ever
02-01-2007, 11:31 AM

Are we attacking New Orleans or Miami?

Either way it makes sense.

Both at the same time it would seem...

NYmoney
02-01-2007, 11:32 AM
bring on manning

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
from KFFL.com

from Foxsports:

News: The Bengals and free agent offensive lineman Eric Steinbach are expected to begin contract talks in the coming days.
Impact: Steinbach is said to be Cincinnati's top offseason priority, but is "sure to visit Chicago and Cleveland" if a deal can't be reached. The Bills have also been mentioned as possible suitors for the versatile Steinbach. (Sat. Jan 27, 2007)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the Bears once again go FA instead of the Draft for an O-Lineman I'll keep this post as an archive :wink:It mentions the Bears as possibilities, not as absolutes.

Back to business, let's finalize this list and send it to Ward.

NYmoney
02-01-2007, 03:19 PM
does anyone else think Cedric Benson looks like a crack addict with his forearm tattoos and crazy hair?

BehrenMan007
02-01-2007, 04:18 PM
does anyone else think Cedric Benson looks like a crack addict with his forearm tattoos and crazy hair?

yes

NYmoney
02-01-2007, 04:30 PM

yes

thank God. if i had kids, I would block the tv when he's on. he just oozes drugs crack addict flashbacks for all of America

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Alright I shot Ward a PM with a rough make-up of the game plan. Let's see if he goes for it.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 05:58 PM
from KFFL.com

from Foxsports:

When the Bears once again go FA instead of the Draft for an O-Lineman I'll keep this post as an archive :wink:It mentions the Bears as possibilities, not as absolutes.

I would rather keep the pro-bowler Ruben Brown then sign Steibach.

Just a question, I really don't follow lineman around the league unless they're on the bears or the bears play the other team. How is Steinback? I know he is good, but any opinions on him?

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 06:08 PM
He's very good. But I think Metcalf and Garza are a good guard combo as is. I don't like getting into bidding wars in free agency, especially at a position that is pretty easily filled.

And how you managed to spell his last name wrong twice, in two different ways, is pretty impressive Smokey.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:14 PM
This idea is a collaborative effort that was born in the Team thread. It basically involves the willing Bears fans forming a micro-organization with about 5 or 6 positions. Roughly it looks something like this:

Head Coach:Talent Reviewer, Scheme Reviews, Reports to GM and Assistant GM:Hurricane Ditka

That sounds good, I will just list all of your names when I announce the teams but you guys can post what the positions you guys worked out are.

Alright, so it looks like this might go down. Is everyone on board, and alright with their positions. We should have a big AIM war-room chat.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 06:15 PM
This idea is a collaborative effort that was born in the Team thread. It basically involves the willing Bears fans forming a micro-organization with about 5 or 6 positions. Roughly it looks something like this:

Head Coach:Talent Reviewer, Scheme Reviews, Reports to GM and Assistant GM:Hurricane Ditka

That sounds good, I will just list all of your names when I announce the teams but you guys can post what the positions you guys worked out are.

Alright, so it looks like this might go down. Is everyone on board, and alright with their positions. We should have a big AIM war-room chat.
Yeah I'm down. Rest assured that no decisions will be made without the team being on board, and I'm relying on others to acquire information and what not as I'll be somewhat busy in the next few weeks.

EDIT: Does Windy really want to do it?

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:16 PM
He's very good. But I think Metcalf and Garza are a good guard combo as is. I don't like getting into bidding wars in free agency, especially at a position that is pretty easily filled.

And how you managed to spell his last name wrong twice, in two different ways, is pretty impressive Smokey.
Both were just typos. I obviously skimmed over "n" while I was typing, and the other mistake was when I was typing his name, I was thinking "back" so the "k" was just an honest mistake.

And you're right, it is damn impressive.

Back to STEINBACH. If he wants to play in Chicago, I'd have no problem with it. But you're right, no reason to get into a bidding war when we could a) draft someone else b) resign Ruben Bown to a more cap friendly contract

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:19 PM

Ward reply back to you?

And I am down and very content with my spot in the cabinet.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Yeah I'm down. Rest assured that no decisions will be made without the team being on board, and I'm relying on others to acquire information and what not as I'll be somewhat busy in the next few weeks.

EDIT: Does Windy really want to do it?I don't know, he said he applied for the Bears.

Windy
02-01-2007, 06:20 PM

yea i'm down. i'll help a ton yessir.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM

yea i'm down. i'll help a ton yessir.Are you being goofy Windy or serious Windy.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:25 PM

yea i'm down. i'll help a ton yessir.Are you being goofy Windy or serious Windy.
my guess is both.

IBleedNavyandOrange
02-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Part of me is sad to have missed out on this highbrow discussion over the past few days (the Mario cartoons are better than the Seurat at the Art Institute), and part of me is relieved. I don't have the time to invest in such deep analysis. :lol:

So anyway, I like the idea of Steinbach. As it's been pointed out, JA has had success building an O-line through FA--and it's not a temporary fix, as this line has been intact for 2+ years, and that's a good long time for a 5-man unit. I think I agree with the strategy, too, because let's face it--O-line is almost as much a crapshoot as QB anymore. There are very few can't-miss pro prospects, and some of them even turn out to be busts (Gallery, anyone?).

Pluck the ripe fruit from other teams, I say!

Windy
02-01-2007, 06:26 PM
serious. i dont like to lose and i will not lose this forum mock.

*enters goofy windy*

i will do whatever it takes to help dominate the other teams in this forum mock.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM

Both were just typos. I obviously skimmed over "n" while I was typing, and the other mistake was when I was typing his name, I was thinking "back" so the "k" was just an honest mistake.

Back to STEINBACH. If he wants to play in Chicago, I'd have no problem with it. But you're right, no reason to get into a bidding war when we could a) draft someone else b) resign Ruben Bown to a more cap friendly contract
C) Plug in the guy we signed to a 6-year 12-million dollar contract that started all 16 games in 2005. Metcalf and Garza. Say it with me now....

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/maps/400x300_coalition.jpg
Gentlemen, the coalition of the willing is complete.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
IBNO do you want in on this thing?

Windy
02-01-2007, 06:30 PM
also i've been the head gm in the last few forum mocks for different teams. so i gots the experience.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Scott Wright: What current pro are you most looking forward to going up against in the NFL?

Dwayne Wright: Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis because I heard those guys bring it.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:33 PM

C) Plug in the guy we signed to a 6-year 12-million dollar contract that started all 16 games in 2005. Metcalf and Garza. Say it with me now....
that too...

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know if the coaching staff will be satisfied with only Metcalf and Garza and guard, leaving us no backup guard or center. Although I think our need is at tackle, I wouldn't mind Steinbach, since I've heard he's athletic enough to play tackle, and if not he'll step in and start at guard, allowing either Metcalf or Garza to become the back-up swing guard/center. I think we'll need to draft a left tackle though. My ideal scenario would be signing Steinbach and drafting Ugoh in the first, or trading back for an extra second and third.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 06:39 PM
We can draft a swing guard in the 4th or 5th round. Giving Steinbech big money (and he will make big money) just to have depth in the interior line isn't a prudent move.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't know if the coaching staff will be satisfied with only Metcalf and Garza and guard, leaving us no backup guard or center. Although I think our need is at tackle, I wouldn't mind Steinbach, since I've heard he's athletic enough to play tackle, and if not he'll step in and start at guard, allowing either Metcalf or Garza to become the back-up swing guard/center. I think we'll need to draft a left tackle though. My ideal scenario would be signing Steinbach and drafting Ugoh in the first, or trading back for an extra second and third.
Ugoh is terriblely overrated... Staley would be the best option in the first, and if not Doug Free could be a good option in the 3rd.

EDIT: How would Steinbach compare to Hutchinson at guard?

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Ugoh is terriblely overrated... Staley would be the best option in the first, and if not Doug Free could be a good option in the 3rd.

EDIT: How would Steinbach compare to Hutchinson at guard?I don't know. And I love Doug Free, he fell short of expectations this year, all though that was majorly due to his broken foot.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 06:53 PM

EDIT: How would Steinbach compare to Hutchinson at guard?I don't know. And I love Doug Free, he fell short of expectations this year, all though that was majorly due to his broken foot.
Doug Free reminds me of John Tait...

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.gazetteextra.com/packers020107.asp

could it be?

nah....

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Doug Free reminds me of John Tait...I don't see it, Free's more athletic. One of my favorite prospects based on local ( I was this " " close to going to Northern and potential.) Free also has the frame to slide inside for a season or two to develop. Although working with Heistand and learning from Tait and Miller can do him some good.

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM

Doug Free reminds me of John Tait...I don't see it, Free's more athletic. One of my favorite prospects based on local ( I was this " " close to going to Northern and potential.) Free also has the frame to slide inside for a season or two to develop. Although working with Heistand and learning from Tait and Miller can do him some good.
I know they're not similar players, but Free just reminds me of Tait for some reason.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 07:03 PM

could it be?

nah....
Hopefully our QB can win more than one Superbowl.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 07:04 PM

I know they're not similar players, but Free just reminds me of Tait for some reason.Ah, Free was a High School Tight End, so he'd be in the same category as Winston and Gallery (you really can't tell if he's a bust yet, he's been moved around into and out of schemes like nobody's business. We'll know when Gallery gets in a situation where he can thrive, if that's not on the Raiders, I wouldn't doubt that he'll be signed elsewhere.)

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM

could it be?

nah....

Favre isn't done yet. He has only just begun.

will.e.ward
02-01-2007, 07:10 PM

could it be?

nah....

Just for the hell of it, I hope Favre plays until he is 50.

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM

could it be?

nah....

He probably could.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I really feel bad for Tommie Harris and Mike Brown, they both played a fairly large part in this team getting the Bears here, but neither will be able to play in it. Although I think Tommie is going to come back and dominate next year, cementing his status as one of the league's best defensive tackles.

Windy
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Vince made this masterpiece.

[IMG]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4711/sigyn7.gif[/IMG]

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4711/sigyn7.gif

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I say we call our organization the coalition of the thrilling.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM

could it be?

nah....

He probably could.
I hope that Urlacher impales him on the field, brings his severed head to my house, and lets me bathe in his blood.

Maybe that's just me though....

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Vince made this masterpiece.

[IMG]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4711/sigyn7.gif[/IMG]

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4711/sigyn7.gif
Not too shabby. It could use a little more glam though. I expect more from Vince. Where's the swinging podiums? Where's the dollar bills falling through the air?

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 07:41 PM

could it be?

nah....

He probably could.
I hope that Urlacher impales him on the field, brings his severed head to my house, and lets me bathe in his blood.

Maybe that's just me though....I think we should bathe Kyle Orton in his blood and make him partake of his flesh so they can access his powers of being a drunken hillbilly quarterback.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 07:43 PM
http://images.radcity.net/5176/1256053.jpg
Biggest. Asshole. Ever.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Biggest. Asshole. Ever.You're right, the one in bottom center looks like she enjoys takin' it up the pooper.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Biggest. Asshole. Ever.You're right, the one in bottom center looks like she enjoys takin' it up the pooper.
The one on the left (his right) is pretty damn hot. I wonder how self-depricating of a woman you have to be to hit on a ugly asshole like Kyle Orton just because he's a 3rd string Quarterback that makes around the league minimum.

I guess John Gilmore wasn't available.

bigbluedefense
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
The one on the left (his right) is pretty damn hot. I wonder how self-depricating of a woman you have to be to hit on a ugly asshole like Kyle Orton just because he's a 3rd string Quarterback that makes around the league minimum.

I guess John Gilmore wasn't available.

You think thats bad? We had Jesse Palmer. The asshole would fumble/throw a pic then smile and wave to the chicks in the crowd, while us guys would curse him out till our throat was soar.

Now thats what I call the biggest asshole ever.

VoteLynnSwan
02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
am i in on this cabinet thing? because i would be interested in participating, i wouldn't have a ton of time, but i could contribute

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 08:15 PM
am i in on this cabinet thing? because i would be interested in participating, i wouldn't have a ton of time, but i could contributeI think so. Check the list.

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 08:19 PM

could it be?

nah....

He probably could.

Maybe that's just me though....

Brett Favre would eat Urlacher for lunch.

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM

could it be?

nah....

He probably could.

Maybe that's just me though....I think we should bathe Kyle Orton in his blood and make him partake of his flesh so they can access his powers of being a drunken hillbilly quarterback.

that drunked hillbilly quarterback went is 12-2 at soldier.

sweetness34
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Assistant to the GM, YES! :D

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Assistant to the GM, YES! :DI just made that title up to make you feel better, your main job is get 51 coffee.

sweetness34
02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Assistant to the GM, YES! :DI just made that title up to make you feel better, your main job is get 51 coffee.

Less work for me = AWESOME! Nah, I'm ok with it. I was gone when you planned it, so it's all gravy. Hmmm, maybe I'll just poison 51's coffee so I can take over as GM based on the chain of command.

Hurricane Ditka
02-01-2007, 08:32 PM

Less work for me = AWESOME! Nah, I'm ok with it. I was gone when you planned it, so it's all gravy. Hmmm, maybe I'll just poison 51's coffee so I can take over as GM based on the chain of command.I haven't really planned anything. I think we should get a war room AIM chat going on to formulate a draft and free agent strategy.

bearsfan_51
02-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm pure evil. Poison won't affect me.

sweetness34
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM

:shock:

Well then I'm going to play "Mmmmm Bop" by the Hanson Brothers over and over again. Pick your poison. :D

Smokey Joe
02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Not true... Only toonster knows your true weekness, but he won't tell any of us.

pellepelle_10
02-01-2007, 11:36 PM
from KFFL.com

from Foxsports:

Correct it does mention the Bears as possibilities. Who said he was 100% going to be a Bear next season? I sure didn't. I just brought this up as the obvious that the Bears CAN address offensive line concerns via FA as they always have. Here's a guy who MAY be interested that I could see Angelo taking a look at. Again..where did I say this was absolute? I have said that these mocks with the Bears taking an OL is wishful thinking for the simple fact that they haven't been successful under Angelo and 4 of the 5 lineman that start now along with a majority of their depth came from...yes...Free Agency. If they go OL in the 1st I'll have my plate of crow..but when they don't I'll be here again.. to state the obvious :wink:

pellepelle_10
02-02-2007, 12:00 AM
edit

pellepelle_10
02-02-2007, 12:21 AM

Personally Smokey I don't think we should get into a bidding war and I'll just say that if getting him means letting go of Brown then forget about it. He may be old but he's still quality and as much as he wants to be a Bear I don't think he'll whine about getting a toned down contract which DEFINATELLY helps with resigning Briggs, Vasher, Tillman, and whoever else they want to extend. If we can get steinbach for a reasonable price then by all means lets go for it. If not lets draft a lineman later on day 1. I just cannot see them drafting rnd 1 for a lineman when they can solidify LB depth which is drastic and DB depth with Brown always going down. I'd really like for them to get a Meachem if he drops but we all know that's highly likely NOT to happen.

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 02:09 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/LovieUrlacher.jpg

apparently lovie and Urlacher liked my pic as well...

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/LovieUrlacher.jpg

apparently lovie and Urlacher liked my pic as well...
That was posted over a month ago. And it wasn't "your" pic as it was all over the internet, including PFT where you got that picture. Nice try though.

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 11:57 AM
So after you lose the Super Bowl you can look forward to losing the division next year...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2752040

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
So after you lose the Super Bowl you can look forward to losing the division next year...

thank you. vasher is looking to up his carrer int mark.

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2752040 :lol: :lol:

You Fudgepackers fans never learn. I thought the Packers were going to give us competition last year?

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261231003

Need any more competition than that?

slightlyaraiderfan
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Was it a Packer fan or a Vikings fan that sent me a PM complaining about Bear fans trolling their board? Plus, the Bears will still be better than the Packers.

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 12:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261231003

Need any more competition than that?

bears clinched the division in week 10 or some crap like that. so yes, we do need some more competition. first team to clinch you idiot.

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Was it a Packer fan or a Vikings fan that sent me a PM complaining about Bear fans trolling their board? Plus, the Bears will still be better than the Packers.

I'm never one to complain about it. Just a bit of good natured ribbing here is all. Won't be going overboard. I can take it from 51 & company whenever they feel like dishing it back. Plus we'll see who's singing what tune about who is better than who after the offseason improvements.

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm never one to complain about it. Just a bit of good natured ribbing here is all. Won't be going overboard. I can take it from 51 & company whenever they feel like dishing it back. Plus we'll see who's singing what tune about who is better than who after the offseason improvements.
The Packers aren't a terrible team, but it would take a massive upgrade in talent in one offseason for them to be better than the Bears. It's the same tune I sung last year that none of you homers wanted to listen to. The gap between the two teams is still very large, albeit probably shrinking some next year.

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM

The Packers aren't a terrible team, but it would take a massive upgrade in talent in one offseason for them to be better than the Bears. It's the same tune I sung last year that none of you homers wanted to listen to. The gap between the two teams is still very large, albeit probably shrinking some next year.

the pack are in a need of an RB...badly.

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM

The biggest thing in watching them this year was the offensive line's inconsistency, which was going to be obvious. Game 1 of the year, the Bears decimated them. They still really couldn't run the ball well at the end of the year. I'm assuming the upcurve in performance continues into next year. The other guy is right, we do desperately need a running back that's capable of some explosion through the line. Green is just about out of gas and Morency is really only a change of pace guy. They need a good tight end, a real #1 wideout and a better safety than Manuel. I was rooting for them to get Tank Williams last year, but oh well.

As usual your assessment is solid 51. There is still a long way to go. I just wonder if the Packers are able to plug a couple holes competently, how far apart the two teams are. The Packers D was pretty tough toward the end of the season. Couple improvements here and there, and an injury on your side, and it might be pretty close. In all reality, healthy man for healthy man, you guys are about as good as it gets in the NFL, so I'm not about crown anybody just yet. :wink:

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 01:12 PM

The biggest thing in watching them this year was the offensive line's inconsistency, which was going to be obvious. Game 1 of the year, the Bears decimated them. They still really couldn't run the ball well at the end of the year. I'm assuming the upcurve in performance continues into next year. The other guy is right, we do desperately need a running back that's capable of some explosion through the line. Green is just about out of gas and Morency is really only a change of pace guy. They need a good tight end, a real #1 wideout and a better safety than Manuel. I was rooting for them to get Tank Williams last year, but oh well.

As usual your assessment is solid 51. There is still a long way to go. I just wonder if the Packers are able to plug a couple holes competently, how far apart the two teams are. The Packers D was pretty tough toward the end of the season. Couple improvements here and there, and an injury on your side, and it might be pretty close. In all reality, healthy man for healthy man, you guys are about as good as it gets in the NFL, so I'm not about crown anybody just yet. :wink:

You already have a #1 wr, and your #2 is going to be excellent. He's just a rook, and he shows flashes of brilliance. Greg Jennings=one of the better young wr's

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 03:40 PM
This is true in the sense that Driver is dependable enough for Favre to throw to him all the time.

On the other hand, that's like saying that Tom Waddle was a #1 because he was the Bears most dependable receiver. It just isn't true. Driver doesn't stretch the field and doesn't make the defense cheat toward his side. This is what I mean by saying they need a #1 receiver.

It will be like when Briggs ends up on another team (because they McCaskey's are cheap a-holes) and you have to replace him with whoever you replace him with. Whoever you put there really just isn't going to measure up, and your entire defense's level of play will suffer because of it.

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Greg Jennings will be a top 10 wr in 5 years. He's going to be amazing.

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I like Jennings, but I dunno about all that..

The Packers need more help on the D-line as well. Kampman is damn good, but they need another disrupter/dominator. They've got a lot of interchangeable guys that are ok, but nobody great.

Windy
02-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Let's discuss what we should do about Briggs in the Forum Mock. Preliminary discussions.

bearfan
02-02-2007, 04:09 PM
We are gonna win.
Lovie Smith is blacker than Tony Dungy

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Let's discuss what we should do about Briggs in the Forum Mock. Preliminary discussions.
Franchise without question. If people want to send trade offers I personally will listen.

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
We are gonna win.

Racist Comment of the Day: See above

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM

The Packers need more help on the D-line as well. Kampman is damn good, but they need another disrupter/dominator. They've got a lot of interchangeable guys that are ok, but nobody great.
Jenkins is going to be pretty dah gone good.

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Franchise Tag that killer lb. that's the only option. hopefully he'll want to return after a SB victory and keep him wanting more.

NYmoney
02-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Jennings. Who's Jenkins?

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Jennings. Who's Jenkins?
Cullen Jenkins. Packers fans think he's going to special, I think that's wishful thinking. Assuming Lynch or Peterson are both gone they should either go safety or defensive line.

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Jennings. Who's Jenkins?
Cullen Jenkins. Packers fans think he's going to special, I think that's wishful thinking. Assuming Lynch or Peterson are both gone they should either go safety or defensive line.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Jenkins (Kris Jenkins' brother, by the way). There's a 50% chance he ends up being another Cletidus Hunt. That said, the move out to DE was a good one. He was very disruptive over the last few weeks of the season. It obviously remains to be seen whether or not DE is the best place for him, but it's a better place for him than DT since their other DT's are better. He's going to have to prove himself out there over the course of 16 games instead of just 4, though.

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
As to Briggs, I doubt any of you need me telling you that the Bears absolutely have to franchise him if they can't work out another contract. That said, if the Bears are too cheap to do it, the Packers have a mighty nice amount of cap space and a bit of a weakness on the strong side. 8)

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 04:46 PM

Jennings. Who's Jenkins?

Cullen is a damn solid player and you know it.

Hurricane Ditka
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Franchise tag Briggs, no question, absolutely no question. Do we put in an offer for Scott or let him walk?

GB12
02-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Wow, way too much Packer talk in this thread.

I like Jenkins and think he will do well. He won't be grat but should be alright. I agree with 51 that we need another force on the line, which is why I've been on Okoye for quite some time.

VoteLynnSwan
02-02-2007, 05:20 PM
As to Briggs, I doubt any of you need me telling you that the Bears absolutely have to franchise him if they can't work out another contract. That said, if the Bears are too cheap to do it, the Packers have a mighty nice amount of cap space and a bit of a weakness on the strong side. 8)

briggs would not be able to play the strongside for you... you'd be better off getting a solid MLB and putting Barnett on the SLB... either that or you'd have to move Hawk to the SLB, and i don't know if he'd be as successful in that role.

Windy
02-02-2007, 05:20 PM
what are the final positions?

Hurricane Ditka
02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
what are the final positions?Well I'm partial to missionary.

VoteLynnSwan
02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
a better question is what to do with Thomas Jones? Keep him? Try to trade him for a late 3rd or 4th? What do you guys think?

and Windy, you're the defensive scout and report to Smokey Joe.

Hurricane Ditka
02-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone have a problem with this?

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Franchise tag Briggs, no question, absolutely no question. Do we put in an offer for Scott or let him walk?
Depends on what we do with Tank IMO.

bearfan
02-02-2007, 05:51 PM
We are gonna win.

Racist Comment of the Day: See above

haha, a kid in my english class said that today, I thought it was funny :D

Hurricane Ditka
02-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Depends on what we do with Tank IMO.As head coach, I say we keep him. Very talented player, at a position we are relatively thin at. I say we send in an offer for Scott and let Boone walk.