PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 12:17 AM
DISCUSS CHICAGO BEAR FOOTBALL HERE:

Alrighty, sadly our coveted Bears team discussion was deleted and can never be recovered, and Ward has given me the opportunity to start a new Chicago Bear Team Discussion Thread, WHOO-HOO!! We've had some great times (51's romp on the Pack) and we've had some ugly ones as well (BUST and 51 getting into it). But it was all for the love of our beloved Chicago Bears, who no matter how bad they've done over the past 15 years have always been our team. And in 2006, things are looking promising. So we start off the new era of our team discussion 7-1 going into the Meadowlands to face the New York "Football" Giants on Sunday Night Football. Let's get to talkin some Bear football baby!!!!!!

There happy yoda? ^^^^ :roll: :lol:

yodabear
11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Ur supposed to type Discuss the Chicago Bears here.

Then continue on to ur post. Thank u.

On topic, Lovie Smith=God. I mean, he was good with a Rams defense, that is Godly like.

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 12:22 AM

On topic, Lovie Smith=God. I mean, he was good with a Rams defense, that is Godly like.

Well guess what yoda, I'm a growna$$ man and I do what I want. :lol:

And yes Lovie is GOD. Although he's not godlier then Ditka.....not yet at least.

yodabear
11-09-2006, 12:25 AM

And yes Love is GOD. Although he's not godlier then Ditka.....not yet at least.

Yes I am happy. And it is LOVIE, not Love, how dare u diss him like that? And Ditka was never good with a St. Louis Rams defense, so Lovie>Ditka.

Windy
11-09-2006, 12:30 AM
I would like to announce my campaign for speaker of the bears forum

SFbear
11-09-2006, 12:55 AM

And yes Love is GOD. Although he's not godlier then Ditka.....not yet at least.

Yes I am happy. And it is LOVIE, not Love, how dare u diss him like that? And Ditka was never good with a St. Louis Rams defense, so Lovie>Ditka.

Blasphemy.

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 01:18 AM

You'll have to duke it out with 51 Windy. I'd love to have ya but 51's got first dibbs. :D

Windy
11-09-2006, 01:27 AM

You'll have to duke it out with 51 Windy. I'd love to have ya but 51's got first dibbs. :D

I will gladly become assistant to the traveling secretary

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 01:54 AM

I will gladly become assistant to the traveling secretary

:lol: ....Well let's see if I had to make a cabinet up of our team forum:

President: 51 - Takes no ****, is very intelligent, and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Plus he can back up all he says. He's basically the face of Bear football on this forum.

VP: Hurricane Ditka - Tough one b/w IBNO and HD, but I chose HD because I think IBNO is a little too nice. HD has more of a bitchy and mean attitude. Plus HD has a higher post count (more involved in the politics) and he's been here longer (more experience)

Sec of State: IBleedNavyandOrange (aka IBNO) - I'd argue he's one of the most intelligent posters on this board (when he posts). Would do a fine job as Sec of State. Soft spoken, yet lethal in his ways.

Speaker of the House: toonsterwu - I'd put him higher up except that he's not on here much anymore. :cry: "The Human Sports Dictionary" as he's known. Incredible sports knowledge of almost every sport. He along with IBNO would make a great tandem backing up the Pres and VP.

Attorney General: Smokey Joe - Very good at arguing, and what better place to put a guy like that then in the Attorney field. He'll be able to get us out of trouble (with HD and 51 at the head of our cabinet, we're going to get ourselves into some pretty messy situations). His dog will have a nice kennel in his office.

Secretary of Defense: myself - I have a fiery attitude when I get pissed off and I feel that I have the attitude and pesonality to scare the living hell out of other countries. Because hey, the SOD is supposed to be a mean futher mucker and I can be that.

Head of Homeland Security: bearfan54 - A worthless position for a worthless poster. :P Haha just kiddin...Honestly, 54 would make a great HHS because he's a pretty nutty fella, and he couldn't screw this job up more then it already is.

Secratary of Agriculture: bearfan123 - Eh, I just threw him a worthless position. :lol:

Head of CIA: BUSTKANTAWL - Still don't know what his name means but he's our recruiting and behind the scenes guru. Gives us good info all the time from sources (yet unknown sources). A sneaky bastard who would be a great fit in the CIA.

Secretary of the Interior: SFBear - I'd put him higher but he's one of the newer posters, and he'll have to work his way up. But looking over the bureau of internal affairs is a good starting place. Very happy to have him aboard.

Secretary of Treasury: Windy - My main man. Very intelligent and good with money I imagine. A very honest person who would fit this position well. Will be running for Chicago Bear office in 2008.

Secretary of Bitching and Moaning - DaFan: Dude hasn't been here since our "terrible draft" and when he was here all he did was complain about Angelo and how bad he was. Yes I made this position up but he fits the bill perfectly. I don't imagine him coming back any time soon (hasn't posted in 7 months) so he'll stay here. Although if we played like we did on Sunday I might appoint myself to this position in the next few weeks.

Well there's my cabinet. Rex's Cheese Cake and evershot will be senators of both Idaho and Wyoming. I figure since no one really cares about these states that they'd do a pretty good job. :D

If I forgot you please PM me and I'll give you a Senartors spot. Btw we are running a Ditka Party. Yes it's newly created and basically our views are if you don't like what our opinions our, well we don't give a ****, so deal with it.

Vote 51/HD in 2008 for the Ditka Party...."You don't like our opinions, well go to hell."

PAID FOR BY THE FINES OF THE MINNESOTA SEX BOAT SCANDAL, CHARLES ROGERS'/MIKE WILLIAMS' WASTED SALARY, AND AHMAD CARROL'S SALARY FOR 2006....

bearfan
11-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Nutty Fella eh?

http://www.photosleeve.com/d/86071-1/reynold-suck.jpg

:twisted:

Jughead10
11-09-2006, 06:53 AM
They're not great cover guys. I don't know why everybody's acting like these guys are exceptional corners. I've played against better guys all year. By far, no…It's definitely not them…Just looking at them for the 15, 20 minutes that I have, those guys make plays on the balls that are thrown straight to them, but they're not just covering guys straight up and just shutting them down…They're very beatable. I've seen guys beat them with a lot of separation, so I can't say that they're the best guys that we've played against so far…I'm just looking at film and assessing these guys and saying, 'We can throw the ball on these guys, make some big plays, and go out and have fun.' I'm not going to say these guys are great corner guys. I don't see that.

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 09:27 AM
They're not great cover guys. I don't know why everybody's acting like these guys are exceptional corners. I've played against better guys all year. By far, no…It's definitely not them…Just looking at them for the 15, 20 minutes that I have, those guys make plays on the balls that are thrown straight to them, but they're not just covering guys straight up and just shutting them down…They're very beatable. I've seen guys beat them with a lot of separation, so I can't say that they're the best guys that we've played against so far…I'm just looking at film and assessing these guys and saying, 'We can throw the ball on these guys, make some big plays, and go out and have fun.' I'm not going to say these guys are great corner guys. I don't see that.

Keep talkin Plax... :roll:

God damn, every week there's a player who just can't keep his mouth shut when we play them. Just play the damn game. You better put up some numbers Sunday, that's all I've got to say Plexi-Glass.

bearsfan_51
11-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Wow Plax, 15 whole minutes? No wonder you're such an elite player with a dedication to the game like that.

Jughead10
11-09-2006, 09:43 AM

God damn, every week there's a player who just can't keep his mouth shut when we play them. Just play the damn game. You better put up some numbers Sunday, that's all I've got to say Plexi-Glass.

He generally does back it up though. He talked some stuff before Atlanta and backed it up then. He isn't really incorrect though. I think he is just saying that your corners aren't the type that can really cover you 1 on 1. Their success is all scheme related.

robert_rodriguez_nyc
11-09-2006, 09:50 AM

He generally does back it up though. He talked some stuff before Atlanta and backed it up then. He isn't really incorrect though. I think he is just saying that your corners aren't the type that can really cover you 1 on 1. Their success is all scheme related.

Bears corners are over-rated, particulary Vasher, but Plax is going to get lit up by a safety one day and his career will be over. If there is one position in the NFL you need to be humble cuz of the exposure you take ... it is WR.

Jughead10
11-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Bears corners are over-rated, particulary Vasher, but Plax is going to get lit up by a safety one day and his career will be over. If there is one position in the NFL you need to be humble cuz of the exposure you take ... it is WR.

WRs are the biggest talkers in the NFL. They obviously don't follow your opinion.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
sweet, Attorney General.

:D

robert_rodriguez_nyc
11-09-2006, 11:05 AM

WRs are the biggest talkers in the NFL. They obviously don't follow your opinion.

Well not the really good ones anyway. Ever here crap from Rice or Harrison or Monk or any of the greats who lasted?

If you talk smack as a WR, beware, you are the most exposed / least protected player on the field for a big hit.

VoteLynnSwan
11-09-2006, 03:30 PM
We better see a better performance out of Rex this weekend, or i will be sorely disappointed.

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 04:59 PM
We better see a better performance out of Rex this weekend, or i will be sorely disappointed.

I wish I could say I have a feeling we will, but I don't know. A part of me still thinks it's his inexperience on the field, and another part thinks it's just his mentality to go for it all the time. At this point I'll give him one more game to step up and do better, if he doesn't, I want Griese.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 05:36 PM

I wish I could say I have a feeling we will, but I don't know. A part of me still thinks it's his inexperience on the field, and another part thinks it's just his mentality to go for it all the time. At this point I'll give him one more game to step up and do better, if he doesn't, I want Griese.
Grossman's biggest problem of them all is his height. At 6'1" he can barely see over the line at times, and most of his mistakes were of him just throwing the ball up because he couldn't see *****.

I am giving him the first half vs. the Giants to prove to me what he's got. If he is doing good (winning or losing), leave him in, but if we are losing, and he is sucking up the place, I'd want to see a replacement *cough*Griese*cough*.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
I am going to make my final bears mock (w/ offseason plan) right now. Also, I am going to work on my first 2007 draft mock too.

Just an fyi.

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM

Grossman's biggest problem of them all is his height. At 6'1" he can barely see over the line at times, and most of his mistakes were of him just throwing the ball up because he couldn't see ***********.

I am giving him the first half vs. the Giants to prove to me what he's got. If he is doing good (winning or losing), leave him in, but if we are losing, and he is sucking up the place, I'd want to see a replacement *cough*Griese*cough*.

Drew Brees is 6'0" and he doesn't have any problems seeing over the line. :?

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 05:57 PM

Grossman's biggest problem of them all is his height. At 6'1" he can barely see over the line at times, and most of his mistakes were of him just throwing the ball up because he couldn't see ***********.

Drew Brees is 6'0" and he doesn't have any problems seeing over the line. :?
that's because he is drew brees 8)

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Damn, the Packers are already at post 50. :?

Come on fellas, we gotta make up some ground. Where the hell are you 51, 54, toonster, BUST, 123, and IBNO? :cry:

Smokey and I are holding up the fort here.

bearfan
11-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I am watching the Bulls lose :?
Damn them, cant make a shot.
Down at half
No me gusta
Except Sefolosha, I think this kid has potential

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Down at half
No me gusta
me gusta tu madre! :twisted:

oh, so bored. I need a life... :cry:

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Down at half
No me gusta

And Ben Gordon goes back to his old ways again. And we can't make lay ups. This team is soooo inconsistent right now. Dominant at times and terrible at times.

Oh hey, Deng just made a lay up, yay!!!! :D Also, I don't care what anyone says, King James is the best player in the NBA, period.

bearfan
11-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Down at half
No me gusta

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f83/bearfan54/Pics/Single_Thumbnail.jpg

SFbear
11-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Down at half
No me gusta

And Ben Gordon goes back to his old ways again. And we can't make lay ups. This team is soooo inconsistent right now. Dominant at times and terrible at times.

Oh hey, Deng just made a lay up, yay!!!! :D Also, I don't care what anyone says, King James is the best player in the NBA, period.

Sounds familiar. Must be something in the Chicago water supply. :(

sweetness34
11-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Down at half
No me gusta

I fault Ben Gordon to be honest. He's ice water one night and ice cold the next. And he takes terrible shots.

Btw Thabo Sefolosha is a STUD.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Down at half
No me gusta

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f83/bearfan54/Pics/Single_Thumbnail.jpg
mmmm, sounds sexy.

bearfan
11-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Down at half
No me gusta

I fault Ben Gordon to be honest. He's ice water one night and ice cold the next. And he takes terrible shots.

Btw Thabo Sefolosha is a STUD.

Yeah he is, after I saw the 1st game during garbage time, I thought the same thing.

VoteLynnSwan
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
bump

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I didn't find this out until today, but apparently the Packers signed P.J. Pope to their roster last week on Holloween. This pisses me off because I had such high hopes for him next year as T.J.'s possible replacement.

Smokey Joe
11-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I was wondering which bears were FA's in 06 and 07 and here is the list I came up with from the info at www.chicagobears.com

AFTER '06
Boone
Briggs
Ruben Brown
Gage
Garay
Todd Johnson
Adrian Peterson (signed an extension?)
Scott
Worrell

AFTER '07
Ayanbadejo
Berrian
Rashied Davis
Gilmore
Grossman
Joe
Thomas Jones
Tillman
Vasher
Wesley
Brian Johnson
McGowan

sweetness34
11-10-2006, 01:28 AM
For those intersted in College Football and are supporters of the Illini, we just landed the #15 recruit in the nation, and IMO the best WR prospect in the nation Arrelious Benn from D.C. I've seen tape on all the WR's this season and he's just a flat out stud. Should be ranked higher IMO but oh well. Chose us over FSU, Miami(FL), ND, and Maryland.

I know this doesn't mean much to those who don't follow recruiting but this is huge for Illinois, especially considering we finally beat out the top notch programs for an out of state offensive talent. And more big time players could be on their way to Champaign, including (Martez Wilson DE, Robert Hughes RB, DeAngelo McCray, DT/DE, and Josh Brent DT). All are 4 and 5 star ranked prospects. Just thought I'd give anyone who might be interested on this huge story today.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-10-2006, 09:12 PM
I didn't find this out until today, but apparently the Packers signed P.J. Pope to their roster last week on Holloween. This pisses me off because I had such high hopes for him next year as T.J.'s possible replacement.

Sorry I just got a huge laugh at this..

Especially because you have a Benson sig :lol:

Pope didn't really have a chance here with our backfield.. Hopefully down the line he gets a shot with another team.. I would root for him but he's a packer now.

Smokey Joe
11-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Pope didn't really have a chance here with our backfield.. Hopefully down the line he gets a shot with another team.. I would root for him but he's a packer now.
what do you mean? I highly doubt Jones will be back next season, and I thought Pope would be able to win out the open RB spot if Jones was gone. Benson, Peterson, Pope is probably what the depth chart would read.

And btw, it is a Benson, Jones, and Peterson sig.

Smokey Joe
11-10-2006, 09:16 PM
decided to bring back my first ever sig, the three headed monster one. I for one am in favor of bringing back the running game.

And, I found these cool scrolly thingies!

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-10-2006, 09:18 PM

what do you mean? I highly doubt Jones will be back next season, and I thought Pope would be able to win out the open RB spot if Jones was gone. Benson, Peterson, Pope is probably what the depth chart would read.

My bad ..

I thought you meant as a starter.. :lol:

I haven't even started drinking yet tonight.

damn.

Smokey Joe
11-10-2006, 09:23 PM

My bad ..

I thought you meant as a starter.. :lol:

I haven't even started drinking yet tonight.

damn.
My bad also, that wasnt the best wording. :wink:

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
11-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Well there's my cabinet. Rex's Cheese Cake and evershot will be senators of both Idaho and Wyoming. I figure since no one really cares about these states that they'd do a pretty good job. :D

YES!!!!! I was waiting for this!!!!

Anyways, I hope Todd Johnson lays Buress out. This whole thing about "The Bears aren't who we thought they were crown their ass!" crap like that is starting to piss me off, the players aren't the ones hyping themselves up, it's freaking ESPN!!!!

Maybe they should put Tillman to cover Buress as he is usually better with the big physical WRs. And hopefully, they can actually get Benson the ball more than five times this week. Unlike every other week when they say we're going to give Benson the ball and he ends up getting around 0-5 touches.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
11-10-2006, 11:38 PM
what the hell! a couple of days ago, I had 1,000 posts!?!?! That's UbeR ****.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
11-10-2006, 11:54 PM
This is a 'lil random but....

http://www.nbc5.com/2006/0112/6034352_320X240.jpg

OMGWTFIMGONNAKILLSOMEONEWTFWTFMATE!

Smokey Joe
11-11-2006, 12:34 AM

is that vasher? well he did come from a poor family, correct? Maybe all they could afford were sh&t jerseys.

sweetness34
11-11-2006, 01:23 AM

Hasn't changed one bit. :lol:

Boston
11-11-2006, 01:34 AM

Wow. Why was Urlacher the first player that came to mind?

sweetness34
11-11-2006, 02:29 AM

Huh? :?

Smokey Joe
11-11-2006, 10:28 AM

Another HI-larious packers joke! :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
11-11-2006, 11:41 AM

OMGWTFIMGONNAKILLSOMEONEWTFWTFMATE!Is that Nathan Vasher?

sweetness34
11-11-2006, 12:07 PM

Do you get it? Anyway, he has no room to take shots right now. We whooped the **** out of them at Lambeau and we lead the division (plus we won the division last year and swept them).

Packer fans...Oh what would us Bear fans do if we couldn't make fun of the cheeseheads? :lol:

bearsfan_51
11-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Cavs > Bulls

Smokey Joe
11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Cavs > Bulls
White Sox > Indians

Smokey Joe
11-11-2006, 01:08 PM

Do you get it? Anyway, he has no room to take shots right now. We whooped the *********** out of them at Lambeau and we lead the division (plus we won the division last year and swept them).

Packer fans...Oh what would us Bear fans do if we couldn't make fun of the cheeseheads? :lol:
I was being sarcastic. I have no idea what the hell he is talking about :D

bearsfan_51
11-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Cavs > Bulls
White Sox > Indians
Only on account of villiany. That and your payroll is about twice the size of ours. Assholes.

I think we're built for the long-haul better though. Then again, Indians fans have been saying that for the last 5-6 years.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Bearsfan_51, I challenge you to a bet. I say the loser of the bet must wear the other's Sig for the rest of the week up to next Sunday. If the Bears win, I wear your sig for a week, if the Giants win, you wear my sig. Deal?

Or if thats too much, if I win you must put the infamous "86 Giants > 85 Bears" in your sig for a month, if the Bears win I must put "85 Bears > 86 Giants" for a month. If youre down for either of these, let me know. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Im bored and need more motivation to go nuts on Sunday...

bearsfan_51
11-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Hmm...an old school duel eh? Personally I don't think the Bears will win, but that's never stopped me before. I don't want to switch sigs simply because I like my sig so much.

How about the loser has to put a picture of the opposing QB as their avatar and their location has to say "_______(said QB), please have my babies".

bigbluedefense
11-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Hmm...an old school duel eh? Personally I don't think the Bears will win, but that's never stopped me before. I don't want to switch sigs simply because I like my sig so much.

How about the loser has to put a picture of the opposing QB as their avatar and their location has to say "_______(said QB), please have my babies".

Ok, Im down with that. Haha, your idea is funnier, so let's do that one.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Shoot, you think we'll win? I think the Bears got this.

Between our defense being a spokesgroup for Band-Aid, and Plaxico calling out the Bears defense, and the only WR on our team with hands going down for the season, it looks like the odds are in your favor.

bearsfan_51
11-11-2006, 04:06 PM

Between our defense being a spokesgroup for Band-Aid, and Plaxico calling out the Bears defense, and the only WR on our team with hands going down for the season, it looks like the odds are in your favor.
To be honest with you, I don't think the injuries to the Giants defense are as big of a deal as others do because I don't think the Giants have a very good defense anyway. It's pourous against the run when facing good teams and really only has about 3 players of worth (although clearly losing 2 of those 3 will have some impact). While Strahan and Osi obviously would have put more pressure on Grossman, I think we would have been able to run either way.

The biggest key comes on defense. Our Ends will either win this game for us or lose it for us. They need to contain the outside rushing of Tiki Barber and generate consistant pressure on Eli. We need at least 4 sacks in this game to win. I think we can do that, but after watching Ronnie Brown tear us apart I'm not as confident as I normally would be. As much as I think Mike Brown is overated, the rushing defense has not been the same without him.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM

To be honest with you, I don't think the injuries to the Giants defense are as big of a deal as others do because I don't think the Giants have a very good defense anyway. It's pourous against the run when facing good teams and really only has about 3 players of worth (although clearly losing 2 of those 3 will have some impact). While Strahan and Osi obviously would have put more pressure on Grossman, I think we would have been able to run either way.

The biggest key comes on defense. Our Ends will either win this game for us or lose it for us. They need to contain the outside rushing of Tiki Barber and generate consistant pressure on Eli. We need at least 4 sacks in this game to win. I think we can do that, but after watching Ronnie Brown tear us apart I'm not as confident as I normally would be. As much as I think Mike Brown is overated, the rushing defense has not been the same without him.

Actually, before all these injuries the defense was playing at a high level. And we've been very good against the run all season, the stats don't necessarily prove it but I'll explain that later. Our weakness was against the pass, and Im sure youve heard about our disdain for Tim Lewis and his prevent style defense and zones. Thats why teams scored so easily on us in the first 4 or so games. Then they padded their rushing stats in the second half, thus showing us to be an average rush defense, when in fact our rush defense is very good.

After we started blitzing and using more man coverages, our defense played well. Im not saying its elite by any standards, but we are a very good run stopping defense and good enough against the pass when healthy. Now our ability in both is dramatically hurt. Stray and Osi are very very good run stuffing DEs, and running to the outside was very difficult because of them. Running up the gut was pretty much shut down by Pierce. Now with Osi and Stray out, running to the outside is doable against us.

And you guys will shut Tiki down. Your D was built to stop slasher/skatbacks. Its Jacobs who will present you guys trouble. Im actually hoping the Giants start Jacobs over Barber and just pound the Bears to submission, but I doubt that will happen. Whoever turns the ball over less wins this one.

Boston
11-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Do you get it? Anyway, he has no room to take shots right now. We whooped the *********** out of them at Lambeau and we lead the division (plus we won the division last year and swept them).

It wasn't meant to be a joke. When i first looked at that picture, Urlacher was the first player to come to mind.

Smokey Joe
11-11-2006, 06:48 PM

It wasn't meant to be a joke. When i first looked at that picture, Urlacher was the first player to come to mind.
too much cheese in the head maybe?

Smokey Joe
11-12-2006, 12:50 AM
I can actually see the Bears getting 3 extra first day/middle picks for the draft. If they decide to Franchise Briggs and trade, that could get a 2nd round pick at least. Plus I don't see Thomas Jones returning, and could be traded to a team like the Jets for a 3rd, IMO. And we do kinda have a log jam at QB with Grossman, Giese, and Orton. If Grossman continues to have a fine season, and just cuts down on the mistakes, I see the Bears locking him up long term in the offseason, and this would mean Griese would probably want to go somewhere else to earn a spot to start. Plus, Orton is our Backup QB of the future, I guess you can say. And I could see Griese being traded to team like Bucs for a 4th rounder.

Thoughts?

bearfan
11-12-2006, 12:59 AM
I can actually see the Bears getting 3 extra first day/middle picks for the draft. If they decide to Franchise Briggs and trade, that could get a 2nd round pick at least. Plus I don't see Thomas Jones returning, and could be traded to a team like the Jets for a 3rd, IMO. And we do kinda have a log jam at QB with Grossman, Giese, and Orton. If Grossman continues to have a fine season, and just cuts down on the mistakes, I see the Bears locking him up long term in the offseason, and this would mean Griese would probably want to go somewhere else to earn a spot to start. Plus, Orton is our Backup QB of the future, I guess you can say. And I could see Griese being traded to team like Bucs for a 4th rounder.

Thoughts?

I think if we got a Mid 2nd rounder for Briggs, and an early 3rd rounder for Jones that I would pee my pants. Except that I dont want Briggs to go :cry:

Smokey Joe
11-12-2006, 11:01 AM

Thoughts?

I think if we got a Mid 2nd rounder for Briggs, and an early 3rd rounder for Jones that I would pee my pants. Except that I dont want Briggs to go :cry:
Briggs is as good as gone, IMO. Save the money, and lock up more important players such as Vasher, Tillman, Tommie Harris, Grossman(?), etc.

Smokey Joe
11-12-2006, 11:01 AM

Thoughts?

oh yeah, btw, I love your new sig :twisted:

bearfan
11-12-2006, 11:18 AM

Thoughts?

oh yeah, btw, I love your new sig :twisted:

bearsfan_51
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Actually, before all these injuries the defense was playing at a high level. And we've been very good against the run all season, the stats don't necessarily prove it but I'll explain that later. Our weakness was against the pass, and Im sure youve heard about our disdain for Tim Lewis and his prevent style defense and zones. Thats why teams scored so easily on us in the first 4 or so games. Then they padded their rushing stats in the second half, thus showing us to be an average rush defense, when in fact our rush defense is very good.

After we started blitzing and using more man coverages, our defense played well. Im not saying its elite by any standards, but we are a very good run stopping defense and good enough against the pass when healthy. Now our ability in both is dramatically hurt. Stray and Osi are very very good run stuffing DEs, and running to the outside was very difficult because of them. Running up the gut was pretty much shut down by Pierce. Now with Osi and Stray out, running to the outside is doable against us.

And you guys will shut Tiki down. Your D was built to stop slasher/skatbacks. Its Jacobs who will present you guys trouble. Im actually hoping the Giants start Jacobs over Barber and just pound the Bears to submission, but I doubt that will happen. Whoever turns the ball over less wins this one.
That's the stereotype against the cover 2 defense, but it doesn't really apply. We're small along the d-line but we have big linebackers that can stand the "bruising" running backs. The only exception has been Jerome Bettis, and Brandon Jacobs is not Jerome Bettis. I'm not sweating him at all.

Smokey Joe
11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Is it true Jacobs called out Urlacher? I kind pity Jacobs if he did... nah! He deserves whatever pain is comming his way.

bearsfan_51
11-12-2006, 02:23 PM
There are a lot of stupid players on the Giants, this is a well established fact. Hanging out with Shockey and Plax can do nothing but have a drastic effect on your intellect.

sweetness34
11-12-2006, 02:31 PM
There are a lot of stupid players on the Giants, this is a well established fact. Hanging out with Shockey and Plax can do nothing but have a drastic effect on your intellect.

I just don't understand how guys just can't keep their mouths shut. Just play the game. There is no sense in getting the other team fired up by putting out bulletin board material.

Just shut up and play. Let you're talk be decided by the scoreboard.

bearfan
11-12-2006, 02:36 PM

I just don't understand how guys just can't keep their mouths shut. Just play the game. There is no sense in getting the other team fired up by putting out bulletin board material.

Besides for Taylor, whenever someone has called us out we have won. I dont see it as a bad thing since it fires up the team

sweetness34
11-12-2006, 02:40 PM

Besides for Taylor, whenever someone has called us out we have won. I dont see it as a bad thing since it fires up the team

Well if it takes the other team firing us up to win a game, then I pity our team. That's pathetic. We should already be fired up for the games.

SFbear
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
It might be just me but I have heard a lot of trash talk about Urlacher getting exposed by Brandon Jacobs tonite. If Urlacher can have a good game while hurt and get a few plays against Jacobs, I think he could go a long way to silencing his critics. Well for a couple games at least. :roll:

Number 10
11-12-2006, 03:43 PM
You guys don't realize that Jacobs and Urlacher MIGHT meet ONCE head to head in this game.

And Urlacher has been just as guilty with his "bulletin" material.

Smokey Joe
11-12-2006, 04:29 PM
You guys don't realize that Jacobs and Urlacher MIGHT meet ONCE head to head in this game.

And Urlacher has been just as guilty with his "bulletin" material.
what are you talking about, Bulletin material? And a back-up running back has no right to talk any **** to arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and the reigning defensive player of the year. And not to mention, Urlacher is most likely a future HOF'er. Do you see Cedric Benson talking **** to Arrington?

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Urlacher called out Jacobs in the middle of the week. I never heard Jacobs say anything back but if he did it was because Urlacher talked first.

sweetness34
11-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Urlacher called out Jacobs in the middle of the week. I never heard Jacobs say anything back but if he did it was because Urlacher talked first.

Source? :?

Hurricane Ditka
11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I want to see heavy heavy doses of Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones today. It'll be cold, windy, rainy, against a defesne missing it's superstars we need to establish the run early keep Little Manning off the field, and get Tyranarous Grossman into managable passing downs. Also I'd like to see Bradley take some reps, and Davis should become a bigger part of the offense.

Hurricane Ditka
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
How bout Mark Bradley finally making an impact. As I said all offseason, Mark Bradley is the real deal.

SFbear
11-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Devin Hester.

sweetness34
11-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Great win. Crappy first half (except the last 2 minutes) but great win. Rex, I love to hate you. TJ, same thing. I love you Mark Bradley, and once we get Berrian back, our WR group along with Davis and Moose is going to be darn good. Although Davis has to catch the ball, counted 2 drops today.

Defense; well Tiki is just a good RB and there's not much you can do. I liked the pass defense. Looked like we confused Eli and we finally got a pass rush on him. Ball didn't bounce our way for much of the game but we finally caught some breaks and did some things. Got worried in the 2nd Half there when they got that TD drive but time and time again players are stepping up for us.

Btw, Lovie is the best coach in the NFL IMO. It was a totally different team from the 1st to the 2nd half, so props to the coaches.

ST: Gould is the best kicker in the NFL. Find me a better one and I'll give you 10 dollars. Dude just doesn't miss, even in Giant Stadium from 48 yards. Devin Hester, well some weeks I love em and some I hate him. But more times then not this season he's done something to help us win games.

Overall, not a GREAT game played, but a GREAT win. We really needed this game going into the same place next week, and then to New England in two.

8-1 boys. And it feels good. :D

bearfan
11-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Devin Hester.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2006, 12:01 AM
This is such a huge win. This makes me happier than any win we've had this year.

-Mark Bradley making plays is huge, now we have 3 guys that we know we can rely on and a guy in Rashied Davis who can make the occasional play.

-This is the best I've seen Grossman play. I think it would have been a different story with Osi and Strahan healthy, but he made smart decisions. Even in the 1st quarter I wasn't blaming it on Rex.

-A lot of you get on Jones for dancing, but his big plays usually result from him waiting for his holes to develop. Benson has no clue how to do that. He just runs straight into the pile and falls down when the first guy hits him. I want Jones back next year and as each week passes have less faith that Benson will ever be anything in this league.

-Wale Oguneleye is not himself. I dunno if it's a result of double teams or his health or what, but he's just not making any impact plays. Alex Brown was the only player giving us outside rush tonight, and we blitzed linebackers a lot more than we usually would.

-Tillman had a very good game. I was impressed.

-Looks like Chris Harris is sharing time with Todd Johnson. Both players are very similar, don't really care either way.

sweetness34
11-13-2006, 12:06 AM
This is such a huge win. This makes me happier than any win we've had this year.

-Mark Bradley making plays is huge, now we have 3 guys that we know we can rely on and a guy in Rashied Davis who can make the occasional play.

-This is the best I've seen Grossman play. I think it would have been a different story with Osi and Strahan healthy, but he made smart decisions. Even in the 1st quarter I wasn't blaming it on Rex.

-A lot of you get on Jones for dancing, but his big plays usually result from him waiting for his holes to develop. Benson has no clue how to do that. He just runs straight into the pile and falls down when the first guy hits him. I want Jones back next year and as each week passes have less faith that Benson will ever be anything in this league.

-Wale Oguneleye is not himself. I dunno if it's a result of double teams or his health or what, but he's just not making any impact plays. Alex Brown was the only player giving us outside rush tonight, and we blitzed linebackers a lot more than we usually would.

-Tillman had a very good game. I was impressed.

-Looks like Chris Harris is sharing time with Todd Johnson. Both players are very similar, don't really care either way.

Benson always gets positive yards (well unless Turner tosses him outside or the DL is already in the backfield, which happened tonight). I like Ced because he doesn't mess around. All I know is that we need this from TJ game in and game out from now on. He was taking hits and getting extra yardage tonight, which I loved to see. Still like to see more out of him in the passing game though. TJ did a lot less dancing tonight and he was more agressive. He just needs to anticipate the holes instead of waiting for them, because in the first half they weren't developing. Oh well, I'm happy with TJ for now.

TJ did miss 2 costly assignments though. One resulted in a fumble and the other resulted in Rex's pick. Although Tait missed his guy, TJ barely got a hand on the defender. He's always been good in the pass blocking phase of his game, but tonight, eh not so much.

Windy
11-13-2006, 12:25 AM
To celebrate the win I will send each of you this fine gift:

http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/a7/fc/27_2.JPG

bearfan
11-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Now NY fans will complain about all the injuries that they had.

Here is what I say to that:
Injuries are part of the NFL, deal w/ it

sweetness34
11-13-2006, 12:30 AM
To celebrate the win I will send each of you this fine gift:

http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/a7/fc/27_2.JPG

Windy, with that generous gift you've been just named to Assistant of the Traveling Secretary. With a promotion to Assistant of the Flying Agricultarist coming in 2 months. Congrats Windy and welcome to the Chicago Bears Cabinet.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Sec of State: IBleedNavyandOrange (aka IBNO) - I'd argue he's one of the most intelligent posters on this board (when he posts). Would do a fine job as Sec of State. Soft spoken, yet lethal in his ways.

:lol:

That's funny for two reasons: #1 because I'm doing my PhD in Middle East Geopolitics, #2 because anyone who knows me outside of here would never call me "soft spoken."

I'll come back to posting (and talk about that game... holy sheet) soon; I exiled myself following the Miami game because I needed to get away from the digust I was feeling.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-13-2006, 08:04 AM

Nail on the head. No one gives the Bears a pass on the Miami game just because Mike Brown and Bernard Berrian were injured.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I like boobies.

VoteLynnSwan
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM
I like boobies.

who doesn't?

sweetness34
11-13-2006, 02:12 PM

Nail on the head. No one gives the Bears a pass on the Miami game just because Mike Brown and Bernard Berrian were injured.

But it's the story of how our team is viewed.

First it was we beat 3 crappy teams to get to 3-0, just wait until you face Seattle. Ok, we creamed them then it was well you played at home and they didn't have Alexander. Then after 7-0 they said well you should've lost to Arizona and besides the Seattle game you hadn't played anyone. Then we lose and everyone and their uncle calls us the most overrated team in the league because Miami beat us (when if they watched the game we beat ourselves, Miami didn't do crap to win that game). Then it was, wait until the Giants, a real team. We cream them and now it's well they had all those injuries.

Even though I can't stand the bashing it I think our guys feed off of the negativity. So keep bringing it on. Because everytime they here that they're overrated, it fires them up to prove them wrong (although I wish we didn't have to have that excuse to get fired up). But here's my point on this:

1) Game one, people said we were overrated the entire offseason - what happens, we cream Green Bay

2) People still doubted them and they creamed Detroit; "eh Green Bay isn't that good, Detroit is a better team." :roll:

3) I'll give them a pass on the Minny game, we always play bad there. But after that game people started saying we were overrated again and how we were going to lose to Seattle, and look what happened.

4) We overlooked Arizona and people started the overrated chant again, so we creamed San Francisco.

5) We overlooked and choked against Miami and the overrated statements came out yet again, and we beat the snot out of the Giants

Not saying it's reason why we creamed those teams, but I think this team loves people to bash them; they feed off of it.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
It's a "damned if you do; damned if you don't" type argument.

You play a crappy team, and you beat the snot out of them. Instead of hearing "wow, you beat the snot out of that crappy team," it's, "well, you should have beaten the snot out of that crappy team." And if you have a close game, it's not "well, on any given Sunday in this league anyone can lose and anyone can win," it's "wow, you almost lost to that crappy team."

And don't get me started on the injury thing. In 2004 the Bears were labeled as a crap team, but no one said, "they're actually a decent team with their superstar injured and no stability at QB."

I guess all in all it's a good thing to be up among the elite teams and having people take pot-shots at your record, rather than being among the hoi polloi and not getting any respect.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
We aren't a dominant team, we can be beaten, and if Rex Grossman gets pressured he makes stupid decisions.

I have no problem with what people are saying because it's true.

sweetness34
11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Ok so I'm going to rant a little more on the game. All these people are now complaining about injuries and that's the reason why they lost the game.

But during the week leading up to the game people were saying, "this is the week the Bears fall again. They'll be 7-2 after this game. NY is going to beat them even with their injuries. Chicago is overrated." Blah Blah Blah

And now those same people are running with their tails between their legs complaning that we beat up an injury riddled team. Even a couple of guys on this board were calling for a win. So that tells me that they were confident even with their injuries that they could win this game. Step up to the plate and realize that we beat you last night because we were the better team. You play the hands you're dealt and roll with it. We've had our share of injuries over the past 5 years.

Here's how I see the match-up:

QB - Toss up (Eli and Rex both have been inconsistent this season)

RB - Giants (Tiki and Jacobs are a sick duo)

WR - Giants (Toomer and Burress are very good, it's close though)

TE - Giants (Shockey is a great TE, it's close but I'll give NY the edge)

OL - Giants (I've been disappointed with our pass protection in the last 2 games and our run blocking all year long and the Giants OL handled our DL in the first half)

DL - Bears (best front 4 in the NFL when healthy, its really tough though, could go either way)

LB - Bears (Briggs, Urlacher, and Hillenmeyer are best best LB core in the NFL IMO)

DB - Bears (I'd say pretty close starting wise, but we've got more depth)

ST - Bears (Gould = Best Kicker and Hester = Best PR this season, pretty clear to me)

Coaching - Bears (I can't stand Coughlin and their coordinators. Chicago has IMO one of the best coaches in the NFL, one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the NFL, and a solid Offensive Coordinator)

I know Giant fans will disagree with me on some points but that's how I see it. WR, DL, and QB were tough to choose.

bigbluedefense
11-13-2006, 05:52 PM
We lost fair and square. No denying it. We got outcoached, outperformed, everything, top to bottom.

I think these 2 teams are the best in the NFC though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we meet again, but I have a feeling it will be at your house if it happens.

But if we plan on meeting you guys again, it only happens if Eli Manning can learn to control his arm, he's been throwing up way too many picks. The offensive scheme is horrendous as well, but still, Eli needs to control himself.

The local media has been destroying Coughlin and Huffnagel on the radio today. I personally want a coaching change, but I doubt it happens. But to get on subject, we lost fair and square. I don't care if we were hurt, we just lost, period. No excuses.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-13-2006, 08:20 PM
CANT SOMEONE TEACH CHRIS HARRIS HOW TO ******* WRAP UP?

He has looked terrible tackling this year.. (mostly what I saw in preseason and yesterday.)

And I have never realized how important Mike Brown was to our run defense.. These last 2 weeks make it clearly evident how bad we are missing him. 300+yards in 2 weeks.

I think the rush defense has something to do with Tank being in the lineup as well. He is a great pass rusher, but Scott is definitely better against the run..

I want to draft a SS in the first round in this years draft.. Griffin would be sick.

SFbear
11-13-2006, 10:10 PM
CANT SOMEONE TEACH CHRIS HARRIS HOW TO *********** WRAP UP?

He has looked terrible tackling this year.. (mostly what I saw in preseason and yesterday.)

And I have never realized how important Mike Brown was to our run defense.. These last 2 weeks make it clearly evident how bad we are missing him. 300+yards in 2 weeks.

I think the rush defense has something to do with Tank being in the lineup as well. He is a great pass rusher, but Scott is definitely better against the run..

I want to draft a SS in the first round in this years draft.. Griffin would be sick.

I realized the same thing about Brown last week. Bob Sanders plays a similar role in the Colts scheme and hes been out most of the year leaving the Colts pretty porous. Brown had great instincts and would be very disruptive against the run even if not making the tackle outright.

I think Im starting to understand Grossman a little better after last night. His play action is absolutely deadly because his release is so quick. If a DB hesitates for even a millisecond to try and play the run, Rex makes him pay for it. Rex goes through his reads after the play action very quickly and his mechanics come naturally cuz hes feeling it more than thinking about it.

This makes him very effective on running downs, 3rd and shorts, or when were up by a lot and the other team is just trying to stop the run to get the ball back.

Yet in 3rd and long situations or when were down a few scores, he sits in the pocket and tries to think himself into to a big play. He holds the ball too long, stares down the recievers, and completely loses the natural feel for his mechanics cuz hes trying to improvise. Hes a one trick pony even if that one trick can score you 4 touchdowns a game.

Hes a perfect fit for a team with a good defense and a threatening running game, but in any other situation I think he would be an absolutely terrible player. Establishing a running game is absolutely priority for Turner from here on out. No more long bombs to set up the run or were going to see the return Turnoversaurus Rex

sweetness34
11-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Ok yea, we're getting creamed by about 10 other teams in the post count. Where the hell are all the Bear fans?

Where did you go to KBear and toonster? :cry:

SevenNationArmy
11-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Ok yea, we're getting creamed by about 10 other teams in the post count. Where the hell are all the Bear fans?

Did i say you could talk?

bearsfan_51
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
We lost fair and square. No denying it. We got outcoached, outperformed, everything, top to bottom.

I think these 2 teams are the best in the NFC though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we meet again, but I have a feeling it will be at your house if it happens.
I don't think there's any question. The Bears are 3 games up on the Giants with only 7 games left to play. If we finish 12-4 HFA should be ours. That's 4-3 over the next 7 games, barring a collapse I think that's well within reach. Even if we lose the next two games, the only remaining even remotely difficult one is the road one against the Rams, and that's just because it's in a dome. Obviously we can't take any game for granted, but still...

johbur
11-14-2006, 12:49 PM

I don't think there's any question. The Bears are 3 games up on the Giants with only 7 games left to play. If we finish 12-4 HFA should be ours. That's 4-3 over the next 7 games, barring a collapse I think that's well within reach. Even if we lose the next two games, the only remaining even remotely difficult one is the road one against the Rams, and that's just because it's in a dome. Obviously we can't take any game for granted, but still...

There's also your year-end loss to the Packers. :wink:

bearsfan_51
11-14-2006, 01:11 PM

Hopefully we do lose that game, that means all of our starters are rested and we'll have everything wrapped up.

bearsfan_51
11-14-2006, 01:11 PM

Hopefully we do lose that game, that means all of our starters are rested and we'll have everything wrapped up.

drowe
11-14-2006, 01:17 PM

that's cool....i'd gladly take a win against your JV squad...although, as a gambling man...we already saw "good rex" in september, so the odds are in our favor that we'd see "bad rex" in december and be able to beat your starters too. :D

bearsfan_51
11-14-2006, 02:12 PM

that's cool....i'd gladly take a win against your JV squad...although, as a gambling man...we already saw "good rex" in september, so the odds are in our favor that we'd see "bad rex" in december and be able to beat your starters too. :D
No.

Smokey Joe
11-14-2006, 04:47 PM

But if we plan on meeting you guys again, it only happens if Eli Manning can learn to control his arm, he's been throwing up way too many picks. The offensive scheme is horrendous as well, but still, Eli needs to control himself.

The local media has been destroying Coughlin and Huffnagel on the radio today. I personally want a coaching change, but I doubt it happens. But to get on subject, we lost fair and square. I don't care if we were hurt, we just lost, period. No excuses.
I like your avy... :lol:

sweetness34
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM

Might want to learn that when you say "I," it's supposed to be capatlized. Just some food for thought in your future posts.

Hurricane Ditka
11-14-2006, 05:08 PM
So we have the Jets coming up. I can see us winning this game. And that would make me very very happy, because we'd have finished with a winning record on the road trip. It will come down to keeping Grossman up and giving him time to throw.

sweetness34
11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
So we have the Jets coming up. I can see us winning this game. And that would make me very very happy, because we'd have finished with a winning record on the road trip. It will come down to keeping Grossman up and giving him time to throw.

It will come down to whether or not we can run the ball as well and like you said if we can protect Rex.

That and our D needs to just beat the hell out of the Jets. Get all over Pennington in the 1st Half and get him jittery. He's a good QB when he's on so we need pressure.

My biggest concern about this game though is beating ourselves. We did it against Miami and we did it against Arizona. We need to limit TO's and penalties on Sunday as well. 5 false starts by our veteran OL is unacceptable. Hang on to the football, Rex play smart (ie OL protect him), OL no dumb penalties, and WR's catch the ball. If we do that I think we'll be ok.

fondoffilm
11-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Lovie Smith is badass.

Boston
11-14-2006, 09:07 PM

Might want to learn that when you say "I," it's supposed to be capatlized. Just some food for thought in your future posts.

Ha, people do this a lot more lately, and it could be done all day.

sweetness34
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM

Ha, people do this a lot more lately, and it could be done all day.

It's a hard word to spell. He capitalized the word "Did" and didn't capitalize "i." :?

He's a jag anyway so really don't care.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-15-2006, 05:47 AM

Hmmm.... Rex has had two awful games (we saw "Bad Rex," in your parlance, vs. Arizona and Miami), one mediocre game (vs. Vikings), and six terrific games. Someone on the Tribune site pointed out when Sunday Night Football put the graphic up comparing Eli's 4th-quarter performance this season vs. Rex's 4th-quarter performance, Eli's numbers blew Rex's away--but that's because Rex hasn't had to play very much in the 4th quarter this year, and in several of the games he has played deep into the 4th, he's been handing off 80% of the time.

So really, "Bad Rex" comes out less than 1/3 of the time :roll: . I think that ratio bore up in the Giants game, too. For the first 20 minutes, he struggled. Then for 5 minutes or so he was OK. Then for 35 minutes, he looked good.

As much as I disagree with resting starters for an entire game, I have the feeling that the Bears go into week 17 not needing to win. I hold Lovie to his word, though, in that he takes the Green Bay rivalry seriously, so I don't see anyone without a valid injury (e.g., Clark's nagging ankle injury, Urlacher if his toe is ouchy) sitting for that whole game. Sure, the starters get pulled at halftime, but the rivalry counts for something, and I think (despite what 51 would say) that there is something lost when players sit out games.

Oh, and 51, remember what I said about Mike Brown being the 2nd-most important player to the defense...?

drowe
11-15-2006, 09:05 AM

Hmmm.... Rex has had two awful games (we saw "Bad Rex," in your parlance, vs. Arizona and Miami), one mediocre game (vs. Vikings), and six terrific games. Someone on the Tribune site pointed out when Sunday Night Football put the graphic up comparing Eli's 4th-quarter performance this season vs. Rex's 4th-quarter performance, Eli's numbers blew Rex's away--but that's because Rex hasn't had to play very much in the 4th quarter this year, and in several of the games he has played deep into the 4th, he's been handing off 80% of the time.

So really, "Bad Rex" comes out less than 1/3 of the time :roll: . I think that ratio bore up in the Giants game, too. For the first 20 minutes, he struggled. Then for 5 minutes or so he was OK. Then for 35 minutes, he looked good.

As much as I disagree with resting starters for an entire game, I have the feeling that the Bears go into week 17 not needing to win. I hold Lovie to his word, though, in that he takes the Green Bay rivalry seriously, so I don't see anyone without a valid injury (e.g., Clark's nagging ankle injury, Urlacher if his toe is ouchy) sitting for that whole game. Sure, the starters get pulled at halftime, but the rivalry counts for something, and I think (despite what 51 would say) that there is something lost when players sit out games.

ok, so bad rex comes out 1/3 of the time...Packers play the Bears twice...still gives us pretty good odds doesn't it?

also, even if the bears play their starters in week 17, they still won't give a crap. they'll be playing it conservative and looking ahead to the playoffs and their week off. ........make whatever you want outa that.

bearsfan_51
11-15-2006, 10:05 AM

Oh, and 51, remember what I said about Mike Brown being the 2nd-most important player to the defense...?
Untill I see some solid evidence that teams are more likely to lose in the playoffs by resting players my opinion will not change. The media likes to make something out of it becuase they need something to talk about. If you ask most players (and they have) they would prefer to rest their bodies for a week or two, it only makes sense. The playoffs are a ***** to get through either way, there are no "letdowns" because every team that gets at least to the second round is a pretty good team.

As for Mike Brown, you may have a point, but I still find it hard to believe that one man can make that big of a difference. Besides, our run D hasn't been stellar all year long. I think the biggest difference is the long runs. Manning/Johnson/Harris aren't the safety valve that Brown is, and that is definately an area of concern.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Untill I see some solid evidence that teams are more likely to lose in the playoffs by resting players my opinion will not change. The media likes to make something out of it becuase they need something to talk about. If you ask most players (and they have) they would prefer to rest their bodies for a week or two, it only makes sense. The playoffs are a *********** to get through either way, there are no "letdowns" because every team that gets at least to the second round is a pretty good team.

I'm afraid there isn't any hard-and-fast empirics on that either way; like history, you end up arguing counterfactuals, and that's why history isn't a social science, but is instead under the 'humanities.'

Here's the way I look at it, though--and granted, I have no pro experience and only played one year of college ball--the bye week that the top two seeds get allows players to heal their dings and nicks. Most more-serious injuries don't heal up even with an extra week off. And considering that the week off really isn't a week "off"--you still practice; you still work out; you still use all the body parts that are achey and twinge-y--the only thing resting the starts does is save them from the 100% full-bore contact that only comes in games.

BUT

Thomas Jones didn't hurt his hamstring in a game. Neither did Urlacher, or Steve Smith. Tank Johnson didn't tear his quad in a game. Cedric Benson hurt his shoulder in practice--granted, a full-contact practice... but a practice nonetheless.

My point is that injuries happen all the time, and the "rest" players get by taking a week 17 bye is not all that much. If players are so out of gas that playing week 17 would make a significant difference in their playoff fortunes, then I argue that their fortunes weren't so good in the first place.

And yeah, two weeks off in a row does take an edge off. It's not like a bye week during the season, because the team doesn't know who their opponent is before the 17th week is over. But because of the potential that the second team players will get injured, the first-teamers still have to watch film and prepare for that week 17 game. They're spared the all-out contact of the game itself, but they've sat through all the film sessions, gone through all the practices, and maybe lost focus on the intensity they normally would have prepping for an important game. Maybe a guy starts a bad habit. Maybe he runs his mouth a bit (Wale?). Maybe two weeks off without that pressure of a game means a few bruises and strains have healed up, but the intensity isn't quite there.

Last year after the Cleveland collapse, Mike Brown lit into the defense. Yes, these are professional athletes at the peak of their prowess, but Brown's tirade (and, I would argue, his emotional presense in the defensive backfield) spurred the defense to perform better, to not lose their intensity. Maybe it was a 1% boost, a wee little edge.

I think the difference Brown's intensity, his emotional leadership, is like the slight edge we disagree about with the week 17 bye thing. I think that playing maintains that slight edge of intensity, and sitting during week 17 risks losing that edge. 51, you feel that the week 17 bye provides enough physical rest to give a team a slight edge, and playing during week 17 means that teams lose out on that slight physical edge.

It might be a wash... but I don't think we're going to agree on it either way.

But we do agree on one thing, don't we? The road to Super Bowl XLI goes through Chicago.

And, like in 1985 when the team remembered their embarrassing loss at San Francisco in the prior year's NFC championship, I don't think the Bears come out flat in their home playoff games--whether they rest, play in week 17, record the Super Bowl Shuffle Redux, or take on Paris Hilton in a 53-man (practice squad not included) gang-bang.

Bearsfan123
11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
What do you guys think?

Can we beat the jets?

AlexDown
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
What do you guys think?

Can we beat the jets?

They could, but I'm not betting on them to.

Hurricane Ditka
11-15-2006, 09:44 PM
What do you guys think?

Can we beat the jets?

They could, but I'm not betting on them to.Well what's the spread?

AlexDown
11-15-2006, 09:49 PM
An 5-4 team with close losses against The Pats and Indy over an 8-1 with close wins over Arizona and Minnesota. Sounds about right.

bearsfan_51
11-15-2006, 11:44 PM
An 5-4 team with close losses against The Pats and Indy over an 8-1 with close wins over Arizona and Minnesota. Sounds about right.
Way to pick and choose your information. You also got your asses smoked by a 5-4 Jacksonville team, lost to the Browns, and have struggled to beat every team you've played. Meanwhile we've blown out 2/3 of our schedule, including two of the better teams in the league. We are so far beyond the Jets in terms of talent it's not funny. That's not to guarantee a victory, but please don't compare us to the Jets.

AlexDown
11-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Way to pick and choose your information. You also got your asses smoked by a 5-4 Jacksonville team, lost to the Browns, and have struggled to beat every team you've played. Meanwhile we've blown out 2/3 of our schedule, including two of the better teams in the league. We are so far beyond the Jets in terms of talent it's not funny. That's not to guarantee a victory, but please don't compare us to the Jets.

Nothing wrong with losing to the Browns, they have been playing good football lately.

The bears have played 9 games this season and have beaten 2 teams with winning records, both which were handicapped with injury. So yes congradulations with blowing out Greenbay and Detriot. It's really hard to tell how good both teams are since we both have the 2 easiest schedules in the league.

Talent wise, I'm not sure where you thought I was "comparing" the two teams. I think our QB is better and our WR core is better. I'm just pretty eager to see how Grossman plays.

VoteLynnSwan
11-16-2006, 12:07 AM

haha... that was pretty much the definition of owned.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2006, 12:13 AM

Nothing wrong with losing to the Browns, they have been playing good football lately.

The bears have played 9 games this season and have beaten 2 teams with winning records, both which were handicapped with injury. So yes congradulations with blowing out Greenbay and Detriot. It's really hard to tell how good both teams are since we both have the 2 easiest schedules in the league.

Talent wise, I'm not sure where you thought I was "comparing" the two teams. I think our QB is better and our WR core is better. I'm just pretty eager to see how Grossman plays.

Here's a way to tell:

We're 8-1, you're 5-4.

We have the 13th best offense in the league, you have the 25th.

We have the best defense in the league, you have the 31st.

And I got the idea that you were comparing by saying that you thought the Jets would win, thus making a comparison of the quality of the two teams. Unless you're saying that the Bears are a much better team than the Jets, but the Jets have a chance of pulling off an upset, in which case I agree.

AlexDown
11-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Here's a way to tell:

We're 8-1, you're 5-4.

We have the 13th best offense in the league, you have the 25th.

We have the best defense in the league, you have the 31st.

And I got the idea that you were comparing by saying that you thought the Jets would win, thus making a comparison of the quality of the two teams. Unless you're saying that the Bears are a much better team than the Jets, but the Jets have a chance of pulling off an upset, in which case I agree.

You lost to Miami. We play Miami 2x a year. We have beat them once.
We play the Patriots and split with them. You play them once. If you played them 2x, I wonder what your record would be.
We played the 9-0 Colts. I think they are a better team then the Bears.

Can you guys beat these teams? Sure. In fact, you will play NE pretty soon. I woulden't be suprised if you had our schedule if you had 3 or 4 losses, depending on how Grossman is playing that day.

As far as ranking your offense and defense, those numbers are inflated beacuse of the teams you have played. It's not easy to blow teams out, but you haven't really played many good teams. As for us, we probably don't have the ability to blow out or shut out teams. Doesn't seem like there is an argument that the Jets can beat you, because they can. In fact, they are favored to last time I checked. Compare the "quality" of the teams if you want. Any team can win, regardless of talent.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2006, 12:39 AM
:lol:

Please show me the line that has the Jets ahead of the Bears. If that's true that's ******* hilarious. Only in New York. The one on ESPN.com has the Bears as a 7 point favorite on the road.

As for the schedules...take a look at both of them so far this year and take out the games against the collective teams (ie:wins and losses to either Jets or Bears don't count), it's a very minimal difference.

Bears-32-40
Jets- 34-36 (the numbers are lower because you played the Pats twice)

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-16-2006, 09:42 AM
So let me get this straight how a 5-4 team is as good or better than an 8-1 team:

If the 5-4 team loses close games, while the 8-1 team wins close games;

If the 5-4 team loses to bad teams, while the 8-1 team blows out bad teams;

If the 5-4 team beats a bad team when the bad team has its collective head up its collective ass, while the 8-1 team has a bad game--turning the ball over 6 times--right when that bad team figures out how to play a good game;

If the 5-4 team beats a banged-up, WR-weak former Super Bowl champion once out of 2 close games, while the 8-1 team blows out a banged-up NFC champion (from the prior year) and soundly defeats a banged-up NFC favorite;

If the 5-4 team barely ekes out a win against (arguably) the worst team in the league, then beats Buffalo by 8, while the 8-1 team stomps on the bad teams, and beats Buffalo by 31...

...then I guess the 5-4 team is better than the 8-1 team.

11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
So let me get this straight how a 5-4 team is as good or better than an 8-1 team:

If the 5-4 team loses close games, while the 8-1 team wins close games;

If the 5-4 team loses to bad teams, while the 8-1 team blows out bad teams;

If the 5-4 team beats a bad team when the bad team has its collective head up its collective ass, while the 8-1 team has a bad game--turning the ball over 6 times--right when that bad team figures out how to play a good game;

If the 5-4 team beats a banged-up, WR-weak former Super Bowl champion once out of 2 close games, while the 8-1 team blows out a banged-up NFC champion (from the prior year) and soundly defeats a banged-up NFC favorite;

If the 5-4 team barely ekes out a win against (arguably) the worst team in the league, then beats Buffalo by 8, while the 8-1 team stomps on the bad teams, and beats Buffalo by 31...

...then I guess the 5-4 team is better than the 8-1 team.
Well Done.

AlexDown
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
If the 5-4 team loses close games, while the 8-1 team wins close games

We lose close games against superior teams, Colts and Pats. You've sneaked out with wins against The Vikings and Arizona. You have beaten 2 teams with winning records.

If the 5-4 team loses to bad teams, while the 8-1 team blows out bad teams

I already said the Jets haven't showed the ability to blow teams out. We have 4 losses, against the Pats, Colts, Jags, and Browns. I guess you consider the Jags and the Browns to be terrible teams, but the Browns have been playing good football lately. Jax game we played terrible, no excuse for that.

If the 5-4 team beats a bad team when the bad team has its collective head up its collective ass, while the 8-1 team has a bad game--turning the ball over 6 times--right when that bad team figures out how to play a good game.

Apparently your offense did not get the memo about turning it around in against the Cardinals. They Jets played like the 4-12 team they were last year against the Jags, I'm not making excuses to that.

If the 5-4 team beats a banged-up, WR-weak former Super Bowl champion once out of 2 close games, while the 8-1 team blows out a banged-up NFC champion (from the prior year) and soundly defeats a banged-up NFC favorite

I love how your downplaying the Patriots like that. They will probably beat you. You beat two teams with injuries. They are part of the game and you beat Seattle convincingly. The other was the Giants an overhyped NFC East team who lost their #1 DE #2 DE #3 DE #1 OLB #2 OLB #3 OLB #1 CB #2 WR #1 LT.

Any team can beat any team. We barely beat Buffalo but you barely beat Arizona. We beat Miami and your game against them wasn't really close, which is a shame considering your schedule, because your team had an opportunity to do something special. But thats besides the point.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-16-2006, 03:19 PM
We ... You ... You

We ... you ... we

your ... you... You

We ... we ... your ... your

First, let's get one thing clear: neither you nor I play for either team. It's a pet peeve of mine when people do that we/you ****. When fans of the same team talk about the team it doesn't bother me as much, because the first-person plural can refer to "we" as fans or "we" as part of the big social machine that makes up an NFL team and its fan base. But when a person does the we/you ****, especially in another team's thread, it makes me want to ask, "when are YOU suiting up?"

I think the best part of your post was this part:

We lose

It's the most accurate for this Sunday, certainly.

To boil down your argument, you're saying that most of the Jets' losses have come against good teams. Fair enough. But it's just plain stupid to say that because the Bears have won against (and let's be clear--not just beaten, but dismantled) some weak teams means that they're inferior to the Jets.

Not that I enjoy citing Fox, ESPN, SI, CBS, or anyone else, but how come all the so-called "experts" have ranked the Bears among the top 5 teams in the league (since about week 2), while the Jets are still ranked in the middle of the pack, or, charitably, between #10 and #15? What blinding insight do you possess that we mere mortals lack? Insight that allows you to point out that the Giants--on a hot streak, playing at home, missing a WR but not missing anyone else from their high-powered offense--had some injuries on defense? Insight that allows you to point out that Seattle was missing the league MVP and their #1 TE? Yeah, I'm sure no one's made those arguments before. But to briefly refute your insights, it wasn't the Bears' offense that beat the Giants... it was the Bears' defense that beat the Giants. And if Shaun Alexander is worth 31 points, he's serioiusly underpaid.

Minnesota, a team that's always tough at home, was 2-0 and looking very good when the Bears beat them. So the Bears have looked shaky--un-dominant--against exactly two bottom-half teams. Against Arizona, admittedly, the Bears looked bad, and yet they found a way to win. I think Arizona would've beaten most of the teams in the league the way they played that night. And against Miami, the Bears looked bad... but no one can look at Miami in that game (and since) and say that they are as bad as they were early in the season.

But bottom line: you're casting aspersions on an 8-1 team that has blown the doors off of all its opponents except 3, and it's managed to win 2 of those 3 games.

I think the Jets have a lot of potential, and I'm not saying this is going to be an easy game for the Bears. But whatever crack you're smoking must be laced with stupid juice, because there's no way the Jets should be considered a better team than the Bears at this point.

AlexDown
11-16-2006, 03:39 PM
First, let's get one thing clear: neither you nor I play for either team. It's a pet peeve of mine when people do that we/you ***********. When fans of the same team talk about the team it doesn't bother me as much, because the first-person plural can refer to "we" as fans or "we" as part of the big social machine that makes up an NFL team and its fan base. But when a person does the we/you ***********, especially in another team's thread, it makes me want to ask, "when are YOU suiting up?"

I think the best part of your post was this part

Ask me if I care if thats a pet peeve of yours. No really, I'm not kidding, go on and ask me. Sports fans commonly speak like that. People say, "We need to win this game this week" or similar quotes all the time. I'm not changing the way I talk because it annoys you. Grow up and lets stick to talking about the game. mmmmmkay?

Insight that allows you to point out that the Giants--on a hot streak, playing at home, missing a WR but not missing anyone else from their high-powered offense--had some injuries on defense? I.

Stop being ridiculous and downplaying the injuries they have had.

The Giants a who lost their #1 DE #2 DE #3 DE #1 OLB #2 OLB #3 OLB #1 CB #2 WR #1 LT.

I'm pretty sure I never said the Jets were better then the Bears at any point. I have shared my views on the Bears and made it clear that I think the Jets can beat them because I don't think they bears are as good as teams with similar records.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2006, 04:01 PM
You said that you thought they should be favored, which is what started this whole debate in the first place.

Hurricane Ditka
11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Care for a Sig+Avatar bet? Similar to 51 and whathisface's bet last week, although I'll even change my sig, you'd have to do the same though. I'll use a Jets sig and Avatar of your choice if we lose, you wear a Bears sig and avatar of my choice if we win.

AlexDown
11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
You said that you thought they should be favored, which is what started this whole debate in the first place.

No, I live in NY and go to school in Michigan. My friend who goes to NYU said that NY was favored from a poll he read. That doesn't mean I said that the Jets are more talented / better team then the Bears.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM

No, I live in NY and go to school in Michigan. My friend who goes to NYU said that NY was favored from a poll he read. That doesn't mean I said that the Jets are more talented / better team then the Bears.

AlexDown
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM

Very true. Prior to seeing that prediction, I was under the assumption that the Bears would be favored. Does anyone have a site with the point spread? Is it more then a score favoring one team?

Hurricane Ditka
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM

Very true. Prior to seeing that prediction, I was under the assumption that the Bears would be favored. Does anyone have a site with the point spread? Is it more then a score favoring one team?I checked this morning and it was 7.

Hurricane Ditka
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Sweetness gues what? I'm going to ISU. If you're 21 you can by me alochol! Hooray.

sweetness34
11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Sweetness gues what? I'm going to ISU. If you're 21 you can by me alochol! Hooray.

Nah I'll be 20 when you come to ISU. No dice buddy.

Hurricane Ditka
11-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Bastard. My cousin goes there and he'll be a super-senior next year so I've got that going for me.

sweetness34
11-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Bastard. My cousin goes there and he'll be a super-senior next year so I've got that going for me.

Oh I'll find a way to get alcohol. I'm planning on getting an apartment on ISU campus next year with a couple buddies and I already know a bunch of guys and girls over 21, so that won't be an issue.

College is a blast dude. You can sleep, skip class if you want, and do whatever the hell want and there's no reprocusions for it. It's awesome. Plus the girls are really friggin hot at ISU, my gawd. Everywhere you look your jaw drops. And just think we live in Illinois. :shock: :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
11-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Oh I'll find a way to get alcohol. I'm planning on getting an apartment on ISU campus next year with a couple buddies and I already know a bunch of guys and girls over 21, so that won't be an issue.

College is a blast dude. You can sleep, skip class if you want, and do whatever the hell want and there's no reprocusions for it. It's awesome. Plus the girls are really friggin hot at ISU, my gawd. Everywhere you look your jaw drops. And just think we live in Illinois. :shock: :lol:Well, I'm fairly sure it can't be that hard to get alcohol on a college campus

VoteLynnSwan
11-16-2006, 11:05 PM
College is amazing... but seriously though, go to class, and try to get decent grades...

sweetness34
11-17-2006, 12:20 AM
College is amazing... but seriously though, go to class, and try to get decent grades...

Yea go to class as much as possible. Don't miss too many days. Hell go hungover, some professors base a lot of their grade off of participation.

I've skipped 2 days so far. One because I was sick as ****, and the other I kinda woke up late and that day was a blow off day anyway.

Oh yea, and some words of advice for going to ISU. "Don't be a fool, wrap ur tool." STD's are rampant down on campus.

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Ask me if I care if thats a pet peeve of yours. No really, I'm not kidding, go on and ask me. Sports fans commonly speak like that. People say, "We need to win this game this week" or similar quotes all the time. I'm not changing the way I talk because it annoys you. Grow up and lets stick to talking about the game. mmmmmkay?

I'll ask again: when are you suiting up for the Jets? Because you come into a Chicago Bears thread and start spouting utter horsecrap (e.g., "In fact, [the Jets] are favored to last time I checked. Compare the "quality" of the teams if you want.")

You shouldn't change the way you talk because it irritates me; but you look/sound like a blatant homer idiot because you take on the mantle of the team you cheer for when talking crap about another team.

The funniest part of your posts is that you come up with some "duh" gems:

Doesn't seem like there is an argument that the Jets can beat you, because they can.

Thank you for that blinding insight. No one here--no one--who roots for the Bears has said that the game is already decided, or even that it will be an easy win for the Bears. Hell, few of us are even convinced it will be a win. The Jets have turned things around from what could've been a disastrous season, and playing in New York is never easy. Plus, the Bears haven't been at the top of their form away from Soldier Field this season. So though I think the Bears will win, I'm not tremendously confident this will be the result. You know why? because, as you so aptly put it:

Any team can win, regardless of talent.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Yes, we're talking about the NFL, where the King of Cliches is that "on any given Sunday," any team can beat any other.

sweetness34
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM

I'll ask again: when are you suiting up for the Jets? Because you come into a Chicago Bears thread and start spouting utter horsecrap (e.g., "In fact, [the Jets] are favored to last time I checked. Compare the "quality" of the teams if you want.")

You shouldn't change the way you talk because it irritates me; but you look/sound like a blatant homer idiot because you take on the mantle of the team you cheer for when talking crap about another team.

The funniest part of your posts is that you come up with some "duh" gems:

Doesn't seem like there is an argument that the Jets can beat you, because they can.

Thank you for that blinding insight. No one here--no one--who roots for the Bears has said that the game is already decided, or even that it will be an easy win for the Bears. Hell, few of us are even convinced it will be a win. The Jets have turned things around from what could've been a disastrous season, and playing in New York is never easy. Plus, the Bears haven't been at the top of their form away from Soldier Field this season. So though I think the Bears will win, I'm not tremendously confident this will be the result. You know why? because, as you so aptly put it:

Any team can win, regardless of talent.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Yes, we're talking about the NFL, where the King of Cliches is that "on any given Sunday," any team can beat any other.

IBNO I love you man. :D

And AD, stop trolling in our discussion thread. Either have something insightful to say or get the hell out.

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 06:36 PM
*bump* for sweetness' and IBNO's love affair!

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-18-2006, 06:52 PM
I wish the Jets were favored this weekend.. I would moneyline all my assets.

sweetness34
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM

No, you and I have a love affair Smokey. :evil:

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 08:20 PM

No, you and I have a love affair Smokey. :evil:
shhhh... don't let the whole board know. :oops:

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
2 bear related threads I made in the NFL section just in case if anyone is curious...

Briggs (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30143)

Hester (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30144)

Hurricane Ditka
11-18-2006, 08:42 PM

No, you and I have a love affair Smokey. :evil:What?!? You're cheating on me?

sweetness34
11-18-2006, 08:50 PM

:oops:

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 08:53 PM

oh boy, this getting awkward... :|

sweetness34
11-18-2006, 09:09 PM

Um yea. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
11-18-2006, 09:30 PM

Um yea. :lol:I want a divorce. I get the kids. Excpet for the one with the lazy eye. You can have that one.

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 09:39 PM

Um yea. :lol:I want a divorce. I get the kids. Excpet for the one with the lazy eye. You can have that one.
whew, that's good. He was actually mine.

sweetness34
11-18-2006, 09:42 PM

Damn. Who does 51 get then? The stuttering one or the spitter?

Hurricane Ditka
11-18-2006, 09:43 PM

Damn. Who does 51 get then? The stuttering one or the spitter?51 can have the black one.

sweetness34
11-18-2006, 09:44 PM

Damn. Who does 51 get then? The stuttering one or the spitter?51 can have the black one.

Ok then I take the Mexican and the Polish one.

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 10:31 PM
[quote:bdce9cba72="Smokey Joe"]*bump* for sweetness' and IBNO's love affair!

Ok then I take the Mexican and the Polish one.[/quote:bdce9cba72]
what about the one who is possessed by a demon right now?

Hurricane Ditka
11-18-2006, 10:44 PM
[quote:7cbd7424ca="sweetness34"][quote:7cbd7424ca="Smokey Joe"]*bump* for sweetness' and IBNO's love affair!

Ok then I take the Mexican and the Polish one.[/quote:7cbd7424ca]
what about the one who is possessed by a demon right now?[/quote:7cbd7424ca]You mean Cheesecake? We can put chessecake up for adoption.

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 11:02 PM
[quote:7a4c1ac7a9="Hurricane Ditka"][quote:7a4c1ac7a9="sweetness34"][quote:7a4c1ac7a9="Smokey Joe"]*bump* for sweetness' and IBNO's love affair!

Ok then I take the Mexican and the Polish one.[/quote:7a4c1ac7a9]
what about the one who is possessed by a demon right now?[/quote:7a4c1ac7a9]You mean Cheesecake? We can put chessecake up for adoption.[/quote:7a4c1ac7a9]
sounds good to me. Damn thing bit me :x

Smokey Joe
11-18-2006, 11:05 PM
just so you know, I call first dibs on Bears GM for when the mock draft game thingies start comming up :twisted:

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 12:02 AM
just so you know, I call first dibs on Bears GM for when the mock draft game thingies start comming up :twisted:So you know I called you mother and we're fixing to meet up for intercourse in the wee hours of the morning.

Smokey Joe
11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
just so you know, I call first dibs on Bears GM for when the mock draft game thingies start comming up :twisted:So you know I called you mother and we're fixing to meet up for intercourse in the wee hours of the morning.
well um... ahh... yeah! Well the jerk store called, there running out of you!

Nailed it, Beeeeyotch!!!!!!!! 8)

Smokey Joe
11-19-2006, 09:16 AM
*bump* for almost being game time.

draftguru151
11-19-2006, 09:24 AM

What's the difference? You're their all time best seller.

Smokey Joe
11-19-2006, 09:37 AM

What's the difference? You're their all time best seller.
damn... :(

Well, I slept with your wife.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 01:27 PM
1) No turnovers

2) No more dumbass penalties

3) Better pass protection

4) Run the damn ball more

5) Stop the run on D

6) Get a pass rush

7) No more dropped passes by our recievers

We do that and we'll win this game.

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 01:33 PM
The Bears are playing like garbage. Turner broke out the old Kyle Orton playbook. Thomas Jones pass blocks like a matador.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 02:22 PM
The Bears are playing like garbage. Turner broke out the old Kyle Orton playbook. Thomas Jones pass blocks like a matador.

Well we're not playing great, but not garbage. I expected this type of game on the road in NY. The Jets are a solid team, and they're playing like it.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Whooo Hoooo 9-1 baby!! :D

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I like the playcalling. We win so long as Grossman doesn't play like a tard, which he can't do if we play conservative.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I like the playcalling. We win so long as Grossman doesn't play like a tard, which he can't do if we play conservative.

Agreed. I do like how we got our run game going though early. Although I'd like to see more of it. Run it til they stop us. Rex still threw off his back foot though once and it was almost picked. Can't do that.

Surprised that we didn't send Berrian down the field for a bomb; maybe his rib injury hindered that.

OL pass blocking needs to play better though, and they need to stop with the dumbass false starts.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Wale is fine. They just took him to the back as a precautionary measure.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Wale is fine. They just took him to the back as a precautionary measure.

Yep, heard Lovie's postgame news conference. That's a relief. We'll need Wale for our run D next week against Maroney and Dillen.

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Bradley is the real deal. I said this a million times during the off-season.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I hate to say that next week's game is not important, but, it's not important.

Every other team in the NFC has 4 losses (I'm assuming the Giants will lose on Monday, and even if they don't, they will at some point). That means that the best NFC record another team will have is 12-4 and every team except for the Saints (who clearly won't finish 6-0) has at least 3 losses already against the NFC.

THEREFORE.....we need to finish 3-3 over the next 6 games, and 3 of those wins have to come against the NFC. If we do that, we'll finish 12-4 with a 10-2 record against the NFC, and secure HFA. Looking at the next five NFC oppponents.

Vikings-home
Rams-away
Bucs-home
Lions away
Packers-home

I think it's pretty clear we'll win at least 3 of those. :lol:

Bearsfan123
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Now we have 3 WRS that are decent-good. Moose, Berrian, and Bradley. Davis has shown flashes but nothing consistent.

You guys gotta admit tho, Bradley started dancing a bit too early. :lol: his dumbass nearly got caught. :lol: :lol:

throwback54milkman
11-19-2006, 08:00 PM
for what it's worth....Thomas Jones clearly fumbled on that play

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 08:01 PM
It's not worth ****. Bye.

Zim3031
11-19-2006, 08:02 PM

Yeah, because we all know Chad would've put up some points if they got the ball back. :wink:

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Now we have 3 WRS that are decent-good. Moose, Berrian, and Bradley. Davis has shown flashes but nothing consistent.

You guys gotta admit tho, Bradley started dancing a bit too early. :lol: his dumbass nearly got caught. :lol: :lol:

Shades of Leon Lett creeped into my head when he did that. I was gonna shoot Bradley if that LB got to him.

2 games back; 2 TD's and two very good games. IMO he's been one of our offensive MVP's the past two weeks.

Bearsfan123
11-19-2006, 09:51 PM

not really, no. There was no evidence that the ball was coming out before his knee touched, so i say good call.

anyway. Bears fans i think we can all agree TJ ran his ass off today.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 09:53 PM

not really, no. There was no evidence that the ball was coming out before his knee touched, so i say good call.

anyway. Bears fans i think we can all agree TJ ran his ass off today.
I know this won't stop the Benson talk, but it should. Jones has played very well the past few weeks now and move onto 6th all-time rushing for the Bears with his performance today. He's about 200 yards behind A-Train for 5th all time so he should get that easily in the next few weeks.

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Who was the last player to get both of their first 2 td's against the two New York Teams in the Meadowlands?

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Who was the last player to get both of their first 2 td's against the two New York Teams in the Meadowlands?

Oooo I know this one. Fabian Bownes!!! :lol:

Nah it's Marky Mark baby!! :D

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 10:59 PM
We could wrap this division up as early as next week. If we win and the Packers and Vikings lose, the division is ours. And whether or not it matters I want to beat the Patriots. I want some proof that this team can hang with the big guns in this league.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 11:01 PM
We could wrap this division up as early as next week. If we win and the Packers and Vikings lose, the division is ours. And whether or not it matters I want to beat the Patriots. I want some proof that this team can hang with the big guns in this league.

I know we can hang with the big guns. Sure I really want to win but playing 3 straight road games is tough, especially against quality opponents.

I'm optomistic about Sunday, I really am but it's going to be a very hard game. As long as we play well I'll be happy. I want the win but playing well is just as important to me.

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 11:05 PM

I know we can hang with the big guns. Sure I really want to win but playing 3 straight road games is tough, especially against quality opponents.

I'm optomistic about Sunday, I really am but it's going to be a very hard game. As long as we play well I'll be happy. I want the win but playing well is just as important to me.If we can get Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson throughly involved in this game early, we'll be in good shape. Although we can't be nearly as conservative, we need to open the book back up and let Rex air it out. Hopefully Berrian will back to 100% and we'll able to encoporate Bradley again we'll be in better shape.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 11:07 PM
New York and Seattle are both on the same level as New England in my mind. Either way, I'm not going to get too up or down for this game, it'll be fun to watch, but if we lose I really can't say I'll care.

As for the division, I think we'll get it next week against Minny at home. I can't see the Vikings losing at home to the Cardinals. It'll be more fun to win it at home anyway.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Although let's be honest here, we won the division before the season even started. Besides the musings of certain Packers and Vikings homers.

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
I'll get up for the game, but that's just how I'm wired, and still in the football mindset. But I want us to win this game, this is like the Steelers game last year. We've hung with the NFC's top teams, but how will fair against the AFC. Half of the country will be watching, we need to come out and show the Bear's true colors. And I still think we should have gotten Cedric more carries.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
The defense needs to stop the god damn run..

Definitely frustrating to watch Leon Washington run all over on our defense. And the other 2 scrub backs.

Mark Bradley is sick..

He's still extremely raw too, he's going to get so much better. We haven't even see anything close to the WR he's going to become if he can stay healthy.

He definitely needs to work on his hands though.. That TD catch he let the ball hit him in the chest instead of grabbing it.

Benson & TJ were awesome today.

Danieal Manning is getting better and better every week and tackling a lot better.

I'm worried about the rush defense next week vs NE.. If anyone can expose the defense it's definitely Bellicheck(sp?).

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Did you watch the second half? Bears were fine against the run. Yes we ended up giving up over 100 yards but 28 of that were on a reverse by Tim Dwight. We absolutely snuffed Washington in the second half.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 11:34 PM
In fact, for those curious, the Jets rushing stats for the second half:

7 carries, 17 yards, 8 of which came on one run.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Did you watch the second half? Bears were fine against the run. Yes we ended up giving up over 100 yards but 28 of that were on a reverse by Tim Dwight. We absolutely snuffed Washington in the second half.

Yea their run game didn't do crap in the 2nd Half. And their pass game never got beyond 12 yards it seemed like. Again, it was that dink and dunk crap, but I don't really care. They put up the sombrero on offense.

My biggest worry is tackling next week. We tend to have some games where the tackle bug bites us and we can't wrap up. If that happens against Maroney, um yea we're going to get toasted. We need 3 to 4 guys on the ball carrier, and no more missing gaps. Todd Johnson missed his gap twice today causing a big run.

My keys to next week:

1) Establish run game

2) Protect Rex

3) Limit the drops by our recievers

4) No turnovers (well limit the turnovers anyway especially you Rexy)

5) Wrap up and tackle

6) Get a pass rush

7) One big play from Hester

8) 2 or more defensive turnovers

Granted not all 8 of those are going to happen but those are my key areas to focus on for next week. Most importantly though. Get up early and take the crowd out. Score points on the first drive and stone NE early. We won't be shutting out the Pats this week so points are a must.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 11:39 PM
In fact, for those curious, the Jets rushing stats for the second half:

7 carries, 17 yards, 8 of which came on one run.

:shock:

So in reality it was 6 carries for 9 yards. Anyone else notice when Ian Scott came in the game our run D got a little better? That's one thing I love about Ian's game. He stuffs up the middle of the field.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 11:42 PM
I thought Todd Johnson actually had a nice game. I put the bad rushing D in the first half on the front seven. You'll notice that when we did start to shut down the run, it was because the back wasn't getting to our second level. I don't think the Jets had a non-trick run play beyond 16 yards, they just had a handful of plays that got to the second level, which isn't the saftey's fault.

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 11:46 PM
I thought Todd Johnson actually had a nice game. I put the bad rushing D in the first half on the front seven. You'll notice that when we did start to shut down the run, it was because the back wasn't getting to our second level. I don't think the Jets had a non-trick run play beyond 16 yards, they just had a handful of plays that got to the second level, which isn't the saftey's fault.

Todd did miss his gap though twice. Although in order to get to Todd one of our front 7 would've had to have missed their gap as well. Ok yea, it's the front 7's fault. :lol:

I'm really impressed with Manning at FS. The guy just doesn't miss tackles (knock on wood) and he made a great play in coverage today to prevent a big gain. The kid plays like a veteran. Nothing flashy; just solid and smart football. What a pickup this kid was.

Hurricane Ditka
11-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Was it just me or was Harris out a long time with those cramps,

sweetness34
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Was it just me or was Harris out a long time with those cramps,

I think he was gone from the 2nd to about the 4th wasn't he? Or am I dreaming?

Tommie has kinda topped off though. He hasn't been such a force in the run game for a couple weeks.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah they said he was dehydrating.

sweetness34
11-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Yeah they said he was dehydrating.

Maybe that no huddle was doing that. But still, it really wasn't that hot out was it?

bearfan
11-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Hey, what happened to Wale?
I saw him go head 1st, but whats the deal w/ him, will he be able to play next week?

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey, what happened to Wale?
I saw him go head 1st, but whats the deal w/ him, will he be able to play next week?
Yeah he's fine. He got kicked in the junk.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 10:35 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-061119downey,1,2596398.column?page=1&coll=cs-home-headlines

Great article by Mike Downey about the insane amount of criticism that this team gets considering that they are 9-1 and clearly the best team in the NFC right now. I don't care what anyone says, there isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to trade places with us right now.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 10:38 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-061119downey,1,2596398.column?page=1&coll=cs-home-headlines

Great article by Mike Downey about the insane amount of criticism that this team gets considering that they are 9-1 and clearly the best team in the NFC right now. I don't care what anyone says, there isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to trade places with us right now.

We'll see you in December :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You gotta give props to the Jets though...Mangini is doing one hell of a job with that team.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 10:46 AM

You gotta give props to the Jets though...Mangini is doing one hell of a job with that team.
Giants need to worry about holding off the Cowboys and winning their division. I've been extremely critical of the Cowboys but I'd say they are the #2 team in the NFC right now. If the Giants can't win their division they'll have to go on the road and likely won't even see the second round.

As for Mangini, I'll give him props for making a not very good team 5-5. That being said, I said the Jets weren't very good, and they aren't. If they make the playoffs (which I doubt they will) it will only be because of a very easy schedule. Honestly, can you see them going into Baltimore in the playoffs and not getting creamed?

But yeah, even if they finish 8-8 that has to be considered a huge season for the Jets. They are making the right moves over there.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Giants need to worry about holding off the Cowboys and winning their division. I've been extremely critical of the Cowboys but I'd say they are the #2 team in the NFC right now. If the Giants can't win their division they'll have to go on the road and likely won't even see the second round.

As for Mangini, I'll give him props for making a not very good team 5-5. That being said, I said the Jets weren't very good, and they aren't. If they make the playoffs (which I doubt they will) it will only be because of a very easy schedule. Honestly, can you see them going into Baltimore in the playoffs and not getting creamed?

But yeah, even if they finish 8-8 that has to be considered a huge season for the Jets. They are making the right moves over there.

Anything beyond 5 wins for them, even with that schedule is icing on the cake. The direction the team is headed is what should get them happy.

In regards to the Giants, yes, we're injured. But if we can get healthy by playoff time, we're the 2nd best team next to the Bears. We're 3-0 in our division, and we have Dallas, Philly at home, and Washington on the road. We should easily beat Philly and Washington, even with our injuries, making us at worst 5-1 in our division, which would all but seal it for us. Then we just need 2 wins outside of the diviison. Im honestly thinking 2 seed and a bye right now. The NFC is such a crapshoot, if the Giants can just survive these injuries, why not?

I picked Dallas to go to the SB prior to the season, so Im not surprised about them picking it up. But if we can just get healthy again, we're the better team.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
I have more confidence in Tony Romo than Eli Manning right now.

Can't believe I just said that.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM

Come on Bearsfan, you should know better than that.

I won't defend Eli though, its clear he needs to play more consistant.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 11:04 AM

I've never liked Eli. I'd rather have Grossman, and I hate Grossman.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM

Grossman over Eli? Now youre just being a hater. Come on, imagine letting Grossman throw it in our system. Just think about that, imagine if Grossman had to do what Eli does...how many INTs would he have? Eli has a ton too, don't get me wrong, but Grossman would have like 20 by now.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 11:09 AM

Grossman over Eli? Now youre just being a hater. Come on, imagine letting Grossman throw it in our system. Just think about that, imagine if Grossman had to do what Eli does...how many INTs would he have? Eli has a ton too, don't get me wrong, but Grossman would have like 20 by now.
What does Eli have to do? He has a MUCH better offense around him. Both make really stupid decisions. The only difference in my eyes is that Eli is taller and probably is a little more accurate (although it's hard to tell when he throws it to the other team so often) and Grossman is a little more mobile and arguably has better leadership skills.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 11:13 AM

What does Eli have to do? He has a MUCH better offense around him. Both make really stupid decisions. The only difference in my eyes is that Eli is taller and probably is a little more accurate (although it's hard to tell when he throws it to the other team so often) and Grossman is a little more mobile and arguably has better leadership skills.

Come on now, Eli runs a no huddle alot of the game, he is responsible for aligning the pass protections, and our scheme is far more complex and difficult to comprehend.

But like you said, both aren't the hottest cheerleaders on the block right now, so the whole argument is kind of stupid.

Bearsfan123
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Come on now, Eli runs a no huddle alot of the game, he is responsible for aligning the pass protections, and our scheme is far more complex and difficult to comprehend.

But like you said, both aren't the hottest cheerleaders on the block right now, so the whole argument is kind of stupid.

agreed. Grossman had better get his head on right, but I gotta say, sunday against the Jets was an OK game for him. He wasnt hot but he wasnt crappy either. He was very mediocre. So in all Eli and Grossman need to throw with some consistent success.

SFbear
11-20-2006, 08:16 PM

Great article. I was reading this piece of trash of commentary talking about how how our offense is as bad as last year and still cant believe this guy gets paid to write about sports.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9815391

He obviously hasnt seen a single game this year or even looked at any stats other than this game. Arent we the number two scoring offense right now. Im still fuming. :evil: [/i]

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 08:40 PM
CBS sportsline is always running down the Bears. I have a deep deep hatred for Pete Prisco. I'd probably kick his fat face in if I ever met him.

Hurricane Ditka
11-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Cedric Benson is starting to get a little more involved, and that's a good thing. I think a heavy dose of Benson and Jones can lead to a win against teh Patriots. We still aren't getting a clear picture of Benson though.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Cedric Benson is starting to get a little more involved, and that's a good thing. I think a heavy dose of Benson and Jones can lead to a win against teh Patriots. We still aren't getting a clear picture of Benson though.
That's because we're trying to win games.

Hurricane Ditka
11-20-2006, 10:08 PM
That's because we're trying to win games.We can win games with Cedric Benson running the ball. And we'll have to win games in the future with Cedric Benson running the ball.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 10:28 PM
That's because we're trying to win games.We can win games with Cedric Benson running the ball. And we'll have to win games in the future with Cedric Benson running the ball.
We don't have to do poop. I'm becoming more convinced every day that Benson will never be the starting runningback on this team.

Hurricane Ditka
11-20-2006, 10:31 PM
We don't have to do poop. I'm becoming more convinced every day that Benson will never be the starting runningback on this team.If they had given Benson the same ammount of carries as Jone he would have gotten the same ammount of yardage. Benson will have to start on this team sooner or later, that's just the cold hard truth. You don't invest the #4 overall pick in a guy you don't think can do the job. Thomas Jones will want more money after this year and the Bears can't give it to him.

sweetness34
11-20-2006, 10:31 PM
We don't have to do poop. I'm becoming more convinced every day that Benson will never be the starting runningback on this team.

He said poop. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
11-20-2006, 10:36 PM

He said poop. :lol:You said poop.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 10:44 PM
We don't have to do poop. I'm becoming more convinced every day that Benson will never be the starting runningback on this team.If they had given Benson the same ammount of carries as Jone he would have gotten the same ammount of yardage. Benson will have to start on this team sooner or later, that's just the cold hard truth. You don't invest the #4 overall pick in a guy you don't think can do the job. Thomas Jones will want more money after this year and the Bears can't give it to him.
How many games have Charles Rogers or Mike Williams started? What about Jonathan Sullivan (who?) or Michael Haynes for that matter?

If a player isn't very good, smart teams won't sacrifice the future just because they gave him lots of money. They can cut Benson if need be, lick their wounds, and either give Jones a new contract (he's not going to demand that much being a 29-30 year old runningback) or find someone else.

I have no idea if this is going to happen. I hope not. I hope Benson breaks out and is an amazing back. But I won't sacrifice the utility of this franchise simply because we're too stubborn to admit that it might have been a ****** pick. Benson is averaging 3.3 YPC, even when Jones wasn't doing very well he still didn't get many carries, don't you think there's at least a possibility he just isn't very good?

sweetness34
11-21-2006, 09:13 AM
The thing is Cedric has looked good when he's gotten chances. I've liked what I've seen from him so far this season and I want to see him get more touches. If TJ fumbles again this week Ced should get more carries. He had 10 carries for what 54 yards on Sunday.

Everytime we say TJ should be benched he comes up with a 100 yard game. But I think if he slips up again Cedric will get his shot.

bearsfan_51
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
The thing is Cedric has looked good when he's gotten chances. I've liked what I've seen from him so far this season and I want to see him get more touches. If TJ fumbles again this week Ced should get more carries. He had 10 carries for what 54 yards on Sunday.

Everytime we say TJ should be benched he comes up with a 100 yard game. But I think if he slips up again Cedric will get his shot.
Cedric has not looked good. He is not a dynamic back. He runs straight into the pile and falls down. Hell, he has a 3.3 ypc average. He has looked very very very very average. Give that added to his ****** attitude and there's no reason, other than his contract, that he should be starting.

sweetness34
11-21-2006, 02:07 PM

Cedric has not looked good. He is not a dynamic back. He runs straight into the pile and falls down. Hell, he has a 3.3 ypc average. He has looked very very very very average. Give that added to his *********** attitude and there's no reason, other than his contract, that he should be starting.

Considering Ced has gotten spot carries all season, um yea I'd say he's done pretty darn well. When given his shot, he won't disappoint.

If TJ fumbles again this week or has a bad game; I want to see what he can do. At least then we can rule out if he is our future RB or not.

bearsfan_51
11-21-2006, 02:25 PM

Cedric has not looked good. He is not a dynamic back. He runs straight into the pile and falls down. Hell, he has a 3.3 ypc average. He has looked very very very very average. Give that added to his *********** attitude and there's no reason, other than his contract, that he should be starting.

Considering Ced has gotten spot carries all season, um yea I'd say he's done pretty darn well. When given his shot, he won't disappoint.

If TJ fumbles again this week or has a bad game; I want to see what he can do. At least then we can rule out if he is our future RB or not.
How do you know?

And TJ didn't fumble. His knee was down.

Hurricane Ditka
11-21-2006, 03:19 PM

How do you know?

And TJ didn't fumble. His knee was down.After the ball came out.

bearsfan_51
11-21-2006, 03:59 PM

How do you know?

The official record shall state that he did not fumble. That's all that matters. Jones rushed for over 5 ypc and has lit it up the last few weeks and you guys are still calling for Benson. Unbelievable. I could care less what 07 brings. Let's worry about what makes us the best football team to win the Superbowl in 06.

Hurricane Ditka
11-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Benson averaged 5.1 again the Jets. I think the best chance we'll have is if Jones and Benson are both running at full force, and both picking up yards.

sweetness34
11-21-2006, 09:14 PM

How do you know?

The official record shall state that he did not fumble. That's all that matters. Jones rushed for over 5 ypc and has lit it up the last few weeks and you guys are still calling for Benson. Unbelievable. I could care less what 07 brings. Let's worry about what makes us the best football team to win the Superbowl in 06.

TJ has put the ball on the ground twice in two weeks, that's why I'm kinda of calling for Benson.

TJ has had about 5 good games and 5 ok/decnt games this season. Didn't do jack against Green Bay, Detroit, or Minnesota. Kicked it up against Seattle and Buffalo, did ok against Arizona, did good against San Fran, didn't do well against Miami, did well against NY and did well against the other NY.

He needs to do this game in and game out. If he doesn't give us anything on Sunday I want to see more Benson, period.

Bearsfan123
11-22-2006, 01:26 PM

How do you know?

TJ has put the ball on the ground twice in two weeks, that's why I'm kinda of calling for Benson.

TJ has had about 5 good games and 5 ok/decnt games this season. Didn't do jack against Green Bay, Detroit, or Minnesota. Kicked it up against Seattle and Buffalo, did ok against Arizona, did good against San Fran, didn't do well against Miami, did well against NY and did well against the other NY.

He needs to do this game in and game out. If he doesn't give us anything on Sunday I want to see more Benson, period.

thats laughable. You blame him for bad games when for the first couple games this year, we were focused on the pass and the guy was coming back to the first squad from injury. Thats dumb imo, he held us up last year, and is getting his groove this year, and you wanna pull him out if he has a decent game or a fumble? (which by the way EVERYONE has one now and then)

Please stop worrying about the "future of the franchise" and look at the now. Has Benson looked good? At times. But Jones has looked good too. I say we continue the amount of carries of 20-25 Jones 5-15 Benson and play the season out. In the offseason we can worry about the rb position.

Hurricane Ditka
11-22-2006, 06:08 PM
So who'se gonna be the nickle back with RMJ facing suspension.

Smokey Joe
11-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Here's some food for thought Bear fans... Lets say T.J. is traded in the offseason, which is most likely going to happen because of contract issues, for a 3rd round pick. And they decide to sign Briggs long term also. Do you think the Bears might pick Kenny Irons with their late first round pick, to compliment Benson? Or would they just draft someone in the second day and sign someone like Chris Brown in free agency?

IBleedNavyandOrange
11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
I think the picture is clear now.

Super Bowl XLI:

Chargers vs. Bears

Hurricane Ditka
11-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Here's some food for thought Bear fans... Lets say T.J. is traded in the offseason, which is most likely going to happen because of contract issues, for a 3rd round pick. And they decide to sign Briggs long term also. Do you think the Bears might pick Kenny Irons with their late first round pick, to compliment Benson? Or would they just draft someone in the second day and sign someone like Chris Brown in free agency?That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind it, although Irons and Benson would create the same problem Jones and Benson does. Who gets the carries? So I'm gonna say no that one.

bigbluedefense
11-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Benson will get his chance next year when Jones gets more money elsewhere. If not, who cares. Its not a crime to have 2 capable RBs...it never hurt anyone.

Don't worry about Benson, the more pressing issue is if Grossman throws a game away in the playoffs. Because honestly, thats the only thing holding you guys back from being a shoe in to going to the SB.

Smokey Joe
11-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Here's some food for thought Bear fans... Lets say T.J. is traded in the offseason, which is most likely going to happen because of contract issues, for a 3rd round pick. And they decide to sign Briggs long term also. Do you think the Bears might pick Kenny Irons with their late first round pick, to compliment Benson? Or would they just draft someone in the second day and sign someone like Chris Brown in free agency?That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind it, although Irons and Benson would create the same problem Jones and Benson does. Who gets the carries? So I'm gonna say no that one.
But Benson would be the primary back, and Irons would be the change of pace/3rd down back. If everything went my way in this plan, Benson would get around 20 carries a game, and Irons would get around 10 carries and a few receptions.

Hurricane Ditka
11-22-2006, 07:26 PM
But Benson would be the primary back, and Irons would be the change of pace/3rd down back. If everything went my way in this plan, Benson would get around 20 carries a game, and Irons would get around 10 carries and a few receptions.So we would have the same situation we have now, but the primary back is alittle less proven.

Smokey Joe
11-22-2006, 07:43 PM
But Benson would be the primary back, and Irons would be the change of pace/3rd down back. If everything went my way in this plan, Benson would get around 20 carries a game, and Irons would get around 10 carries and a few receptions.So we would have the same situation we have now, but the primary back is alittle less proven.
It is nothing like what we have now. Right now both Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones want to be the feature backs, and they are both power runners, except Jones is a bit "shiftier." They really don't platoon well together, because neither really changes the pace. If Irons was on the team instead of Jones, Benson would be the primary guy and Irons would be the change of pace guy, because he is smaller and faster.

Hurricane Ditka
11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Draft Irons in the first round and he'll expect feature back carries.