PDA

View Full Version : USC Players and there pro potential

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Here are some of the players from USC's team that I think have a shot at the NFL. I was wondering what some of you guys thought about these guys and what round they project to.

Sam Baker, OT, Sr.
John David Booty, QB, Sr.
Allen Bradford, TB, Soph.
Jeff Byers, OG, Soph.
Brian Cushing, LB, Jr.
Fred Davis, TE, Sr.
Sedrick Ellis, DT, Sr.
C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.
Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.
Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.
Taylor Mays, S, Soph.
Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.
Josh Pinkard, CB, Jr.
Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.
Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.
Terrell Thomas, CB, Sr.
Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.
Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.

Here are three newcomers to the program for next season as well:

Joe McKnight, TB, Fr.
Marc Tyler, TB, Fr.
Mitch Mustain, QB, Transfer

I can't believe how loaded this team is with young talent! It amazing how many talent running backs are on the roster.

Sniper
05-06-2007, 11:51 AM
USC players and THEIR potential, come on.

I honestly can't see why any of those guys wouldn't get a shot in the NFL..if they don't win the National Title this year it will be one hell of an upset

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2007, 11:54 AM
USC players and THEIR potential, come on.

I honestly can't see why any of those guys wouldn't get a shot in the NFL..if they don't win the National Title this year it will be one hell of an upset

And there pro potential?

I think they should be a favorite to win the national title. I just want to know how these guys will project to the NFL.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-06-2007, 12:00 PM
some of those guys to be honest dont have alot of pro potential.I dont think Mustain will get much of a shot to play.

rainbeaukid2
05-06-2007, 12:26 PM
taylor mays will be a freakin beast...if patrick turner dominates like he should, he should be drafted higher than dwayne jarrett IMO...maualuga should have a pretty good shot in the pros as he is an above average MLB

VY10
05-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Mark Sanchez has great pro potential and according to rivals he was the number one pro-style quarterback recruit of '05. With him I don't think Mustain will get to sniff the field except in small games when USC is up by a lot.

soybean
05-06-2007, 12:48 PM
allen bradford hit, watch closely...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MlDrF8t3vM

NIN1984
05-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Ray Maualuga is gonna be a beast in the NFL

rainbeaukid2
05-06-2007, 02:55 PM

jeez, i had to watch that a couple times before i figured out who i was supposed to be watching

TigerBait45
05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
I think Joe McKnight is a bit overhyped. He'll be good but people have been trying to peg him as Reggie Bush, which is a little out of his range.

Plus USC has 51 different tailbacks or something.

soybean
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
jeez, i had to watch that a couple times before i figured out who i was supposed to be watching

good hit though no?

Zyro_1014
05-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Sam Baker, OT, Sr.- 1st round lock. One of the best linemen in the nation with Jake long

John David Booty, QB, Sr.- 1st round potential, Matt leinart but right handed

Allen Bradford, TB, Soph.- 1st day pick possibility

Jeff Byers, OG, Soph.- Coulda been a 1st rounder if not for injury problems

Fred Davis, TE, Sr.- 1st day pick, one of the best recieving tightends

C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.- Dont know about him, dont think he runs very hard

Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.- 1st round hype, but hasnt played much, great size and speed.

Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.- 1st rounder.....hits like a train, good speed, great strength

Taylor Mays, S, Soph.-1st round talent and a lock if he plays like he did as a true freshmen

Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.- 1st day definately, i think hes the best of the tailbacks they have.

Josh Pinkard, CB, Jr.- not quite sure on him

Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.- 1st rounder if his senior season is anything like last years

Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.- 1st round talent, lets hope he lives up to it

Terrell Thomas, CB, Sr.- late 1st day early 2nd

Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.- Dwayne Jarrett Clone, could be a 1st rounder if he dominates like he should

Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.- 2nd day draft pick most likely

Joe McKnight, TB, Fr.- 1st round talent, lets see if he lives up to the reggie bush hype. i dont think hes got the speed or the moves of Reggie, but he has the versatility. Can run between the tackles, recieve out of the slot, return

Marc Tyler, TB, Fr.- I think he will be an absolute stud, and runs like a future 1st rounder

Mitch Mustain, QB, Transfer- if he plays who knowS?

elway777
05-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Dont forget about Sed Ellis.

And lol at the LSU fan calling Mcknight overated.

Zyro_1014
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Dont forget about Sed Ellis.

And lol at the LSU fan calling Mcknight overated.

yeah i forgot about him i think Sedrick Ellis will be a late 1st round maybe early 2nd

TouchdownUSC
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
what round do you think brian cushing will go in?

Zyro_1014
05-06-2007, 11:10 PM
what round do you think brian cushing will go in?

Most likely round 1 cuz hes a PERFECT fit for a OLB in a 3-4 defense. hes an absolute animal.

JCshutEmDown
05-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Cushing is Merriman 2.0.

TigerBait45
05-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm not really calling him overrated, just a bit overhyped. I just don't have him pegged as a superstar. He can be a quality back, but I think comparing him to Reggie Bush is a bit much.

soybean
05-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't know about patrick turner being a 1st rounder, he hasn't really shown any greatness yet.

As for maualuga, he's first round talent but he still lacks the right instincts and his character issues i think will be a concern, probably round 2.

btw, you are VERY fair with your assessments.

TouchdownUSC
05-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I dont know, I think Rey will still go first round. I think he is one of the most talented linebackers to come out in a long time.

Im not sure about Mcknight being overhyped or not because he was wicked in high school but i have to see what he can do against college teams before i really form an opinion.

USC is going to be a great team this year but i am concerned about where the team might be after this year. There will still be a solid offense with Sanchez, Turner, Hazelton and all the running backs but we will definately have a lot of holes to be filled on defense

soybean
05-07-2007, 12:12 AM
plus, the team is going to have to play ohio state...

TouchdownUSC
05-07-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah, that will be a fun match up though. it actually might be a pretty even match up after we lose some of the guys on defense. not sure where ohio states defense will be in a year though. USC will still have a solid offense though. Secondary should be pretty experienced too, its the rest of the defense that will need new players to step up

Zyro_1014
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't know about patrick turner being a 1st rounder, he hasn't really shown any greatness yet.

As for maualuga, he's first round talent but he still lacks the right instincts and his character issues i think will be a concern, probably round 2.

btw, you are VERY fair with your assessments.

Are you being sarcastic or????

Michigan
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
basically the entire 2-deep has first day potential

504 to ATL
05-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Is the question about draft potential or NFL potential, as in success in the NFL?

If it is the former there is no question everyone listed is either a first or second rounder.

The latter however is a different story. I do not see very many of those guys being successful in the NFL.

Sam Baker, OT, Sr.
Maybe a first day starter, definitely will be successful

John David Booty, QB, Sr.
I Can not see him being better than an average QB who does what is asked of him, definitely not a franchise QB, maybe not even a first string QB.

Brian Cushing, LB, Jr.
Get some time and will finally make the starting line up down the road, I dont know about instant success like Merriman.

Sedrick Ellis, DT, Sr.
Good player, somewhat successful do what is asked of him

C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.
Potential is very high, could be a Willie Parker, a RB who is made first string a few seasons after rookie season

Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.
I dont know, in the mold of Williams, and Jarret could be a good player but nothing extraordinary

Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.
Very good, has the intangibles dont know about understanding though, a good coach and he could be pro bowl

Taylor Mays, S, Soph.
In the mold of Sean Taylor, could be pro bowler shortly after comming out

Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.
lost in the RB shuffle

Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.
good player, dont know about NFL success however.

Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.
Better of the two QB's, but with the NFL's new character flags that begs the question. He could be an NFL starter.

Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.
start immediately, big play ability, sure hands, and good routes.

Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.
good RB, special teamer, not a frachise RB though.

TouchdownUSC
05-09-2007, 01:57 AM
call me a homer but i think most of the guys on that list will succeed in the nfl with the exception of a few who may be just "ok"...most have starting potential in the nfl

soybean
05-09-2007, 02:14 AM
504 to ATL, your analysis is horrible.

yourfavestoner
05-10-2007, 12:23 AM

Allen Bradford is a beast. Kinda short though...

504 to ATL
05-13-2007, 12:39 AM
504 to ATL, your analysis is horrible.

well if we are going by draft potential I would have to side with every other person on this thread and say most of them are surefire locks for the first round.

If we are talking about NFL success I am just speaking my opinion, I dont think many of them other than the ones I discussed will pan out a "successful" career in the NFL. Granted it is far too early to tell for many of the players since they are just beginning their respective college careers.

reese
05-17-2007, 03:03 AM
someone said patrick turner is a DJ clone? be serious

TouchdownUSC
05-17-2007, 11:35 AM
i dont know about clone, but they are hoping he will be a replacement for jarrett

reese
05-17-2007, 03:28 PM
yea i thnk he will be very good...i seen him play alot in hs..his hs was bout 20 mins from mine...but just think its funny how ppl are so quick to say someone is the "next" whoever....i mean he sat all usc's recieving records so there probley wont be a "next" DJ for a long time

504 to ATL
05-17-2007, 05:33 PM
yeah ^^ any player with speed and jukes these days is the "next Reggie Bush."

Turner I feel will be a very good player, now that he is the go to guy. But as you said DJ has cast a very large shadow for the other USC receivers to live up to.

reese
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
yea reggie bush was the best college football player ive seen in a long time...and already there is like 10 "next reggie bush"....lol

TouchdownUSC
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
DJ was awesome for USC but he was inconsistant at times. I felt like he never quite hit his potential as a college WR even though he set some great records