PDA

View Full Version : Darius Walker a free agent again

GiantRutgersFan
05-06-2007, 03:34 PM
RB Da. Walker A Free Agent Again
Jeff Carroll, South Bend Tribune - [Full Article]

On Thursday, RB Darius Walker remained a football player without a home. A deal with the Chicago Bears has stalled and Walker will not, as previously widely reported, be reporting to Lake Forest, Ill., to begin minicamp.

Interesting. Hope the Giants call his ass up

etk
05-06-2007, 03:44 PM
GRF makes a worthwhile thread, there's a first. Hope the Bucs "call his ass up", he'd fit well in Tampa or New York (G-Men).

Philliez01
05-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I'd like having Walker on the Colts as I am fine with Addai and maybe Dorsey but the #3 RB could come down to Harvard RB Clifton Dawson or CFL RB Kenton Keith.

TheChampIsHere
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I would expect a strong market for him. Hell never be a feature back but hes a shifty runner who can be a good change of pace back and also a good receiver and blocker, making him an ideal 3rd down back and there are a lot of team that can use a player like that. I think he'd be a great fit with the Colts.

Go_Eagles77
05-06-2007, 05:33 PM
The Giants should definately consider it, they need a 3rd down back.

swagger
05-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I'd think that he'd at least be worth a look given his production in college. I mean, he had almost 2500 rush yards and 100 catches over the past two years. He has to be better than some 3rd or 4th string backs, doesn't he?

The next TA McLendon??

Acreboy
05-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I would expect a strong market for him. Hell never be a feature back but hes a shifty runner who can be a good change of pace back and also a good receiver and blocker, making him an ideal 3rd down back and there are a lot of team that can use a player like that. I think he'd be a great fit with the Colts.You just described Tiki Barber.

HawkeyeFan
05-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Hell freeze over? He made a non pointless thread.

TheChampIsHere
05-06-2007, 06:47 PM
You just described Tiki Barber.

well maybe that whats Tiki was described as coming out but he turned out to be a lot more than that. I doubt Walker ever approaches being the player Barber turned out to be...like I said Walker I dont think will ever be a feature back. But he should be an excellent 3rd down back

dcarey20
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I think that Cleveland would be a nice fit for him.

bumblyjack
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
A bold move: an UDFA trying to start a bidding war. Talk about rolling the dice. No one wanted him enough to spend a pick but he thinks that they will line up to give him contract offers. He might be right and he could end up with a bigger signing bonus. Then again, he might have just been scared off by Garrett Wolfe.

draftguru151
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd think that he'd at least be worth a look given his production in college. I mean, he had almost 2500 rush yards and 100 catches over the past two years. He has to be better than some 3rd or 4th string backs, doesn't he?

The next TA McLendon??

How is he anything like TA? If McLendon never got hurt he would have been a first round pick, Walker just sucks.

Scout49
05-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I bet Denver goes after him!

swagger
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
How is he anything like TA? If McLendon never got hurt he would have been a first round pick, Walker just sucks.

Dumb decisions by junior RBs?

Phrost
05-06-2007, 09:10 PM
GRF makes a worthwhile thread, there's a first. Hope the Bucs "call his ass up", he'd fit well in Tampa or New York (G-Men).

"call his ass up" :roll: he would be a good fit when Pittman leaves.

-black
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
MClendon was not going to be a 1st round pick......he wasnt THAT good.

hopefully TB can give Darius a call....

johbur
05-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Here's hoping GB gives him a call and brings him in for camp. They have a bevy of unknown and unreliable players, so the more the merrier. Maybe the competition will get one of them to break out behind the ZBS this year.

Jughead10
05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I would expect a strong market for him. Hell never be a feature back but hes a shifty runner who can be a good change of pace back and also a good receiver and blocker, making him an ideal 3rd down back and there are a lot of team that can use a player like that. I think he'd be a great fit with the Colts.

This about says it. Walker probably is more suited to come in immediately than any of the smaller backs who were drafted to be 3rd down backs. Mainly because his blitz pick up and blocking ability is that of an NFL player already thanks to Coach Weis. And that is normally where rookies struggle. Limited upside but he definately has value. I was pretty mad when the Giants took Bradshaw in the 7th round over him.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
MClendon was not going to be a 1st round pick......he wasnt THAT good.

hopefully TB can give Darius a call....

If T.J. Duckett could be the 18th pick in the draft I'm not ruling out the chance that Mclendon could have been a first rounder had he stayed healthy, he was an animal.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Dumb decisions by junior RBs?

He sucks, I bet he knew his job was gonna get taken over, or get much less carries.

Geo
05-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I loved McClendon, but he just couldn't stay healthy at all. Such a shame.

MP123
05-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Darius Walker has no upside. The only thing he'll be doing is catching the ball out of the backfield on third downs.

Sniper
05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Where's Drew Rosenhaus yelling at Todd McShay now?

Geo
05-07-2007, 10:39 PM
People still listen to Rosenhaus?

Sniper
05-08-2007, 10:50 AM
No it's just the interview they had with him and McShay is priceless.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
well maybe that whats Tiki was described as coming out but he turned out to be a lot more than that. I doubt Walker ever approaches being the player Barber turned out to be...like I said Walker I dont think will ever be a feature back. But he should be an excellent 3rd down back
Well, you are entitled to your opinion and that was everyone's opinion of Tiki until he got his shot.