PDA

View Full Version : Justise Hairston

remix 6
05-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Anyone know more about him maybe from watching ? (doubt anyone really watches Central Conn.)

Justise Hairston
6"1 223
ran between 4.45-4.47 at an Eagles workout but at Pro Day was timed at 4.58-4.60

short shuttle:4.15
3 cone: 6.94

39' inch verticle and a 10ft broad jump

not bad #s..the short shuttle and VJ are good especially at his size

He dominated D1AA at Central Connecticut. Comparsions? He was drafted by Patriots..seems like a very good inside runner

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I do believe that he was a transfer from a D1 program.

He went from Rutgers to Central Connecticut State.

Don Vito
05-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Yea I believe he transfered from Rutgers.

^edit beat me to it dhester. I think he will be a solid get for the Pats, we need a power back and he seems like a good guy to fit the role.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea I believe he transfered from Rutgers.

^edit beat me to it dhester. I think he will be a solid get for the Pats, we need a power back and he seems like a good guy to fit the role.

Sorry about that Don Vito.

I hope that he can make and impact for the offense, but where is he going to get carries from with Maroney, Morris, Pass, and Faulk ahead of him?

remix 6
05-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Sorry about that Don Vito.

I hope that he can make and impact for the offense, but where is he going to get carries from with Maroney, Morris, Pass, and Faulk ahead of him?

if he shows in TC-preseason that hes a better fit at being the power guy..im sure Patriots will hold onto him.

Don Vito
05-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Well Hairston hasn't shown anything yet, but he still looks like the best compliment to Maroney on the roster. Unless you consider Heath Evans and Patrick Pass (if you don't count 2006-07) power RBs not FB's.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Well Hairston hasn't shown anything yet, but he still looks like the best compliment to Maroney on the roster. Unless you consider Heath Evans and Patrick Pass (if you don't count 2006-07) power RBs not FB's.

Not Evans, but I recall Pass having a few carriers over the last few years.

remix 6
05-07-2007, 05:48 AM

Pass isnt on the roster..

and neither are very powerfull guys..Pass is a decent-good sized RB playing FB.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Pass isnt on the roster..

and neither are very powerfull guys..Pass is a decent-good sized RB playing FB.

Is he going to come back to the team or is he looking elsewhere?

remix 6
05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Is he going to come back to the team or is he looking elsewhere?

he became an FA..hasnt come back..no word. He hasnt signed anywhere although his agent said theres some interest around the league. a little suprised he hasnt signed anywhere..a good ST player..decent blocker..plays RB..a fast FB who catches and runs

Don Vito
05-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Remix I know, I said I don't consider them power guys.

Anyways, Hairston looks like the best candidate for the power-back compliment to Maroney if we go that route again. We really don't have a veteran powerback on our roster.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
he became an FA..hasnt come back..no word. He hasnt signed anywhere although his agent said theres some interest around the league. a little suprised he hasnt signed anywhere..a good ST player..decent blocker..plays RB..a fast FB who catches and runs

I really like Pass, I hope that he will re-sign with the Pats.

Jonny
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I saw him at Rutgers. He has real talent, good combo of size and burst. Schiano lost confidence in him because he had fumbling problems, and also had some injury issues. And then Ray Rice came in and won the job as a freshman, and the rest was history.

The Patriots, by their MO, could potentially have gotten a steal. He's somewhat of a risky prospect, but has as much upside as a first day pick I think.