PDA

View Full Version : brandon siler

LB51
05-06-2007, 05:17 PM
anyone want 2 shed some light on why he slipped to the 7th round?

Woody56
05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
this might not be the reason, but at the combine there were some players that tested positive for stuff, whether it be steroids or drugs and Siler could have been one of those players. They never released the list of names to the public.

dcarey20
05-06-2007, 06:55 PM
There were supposedly some character concerns, and I think teams worried that his success was due in large part to the supporting cast around him. While these are both legit concerns, I don't think they should have been enough to drop him to the 7th. The Chargers could have a big steal with him.

remix 6
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
also a scout described him as very very stiff

Achilles33
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Yes, the Chargers did get a huge steal.

sdpads24
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't care what he did to make him drop, I'm just glad he fell to us

xUFxGATORxUFx
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, He's a steal and I believed he would go early in the 5th round....

StaticGator
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Most of what I've read says he tested really stiff in drills and some teams were turned off by his cocky attitude. While he won't be making much coin, he's in a good situation with a good team and not a lot in his way to prevent him from starting in two years.

Bengals1690
05-07-2007, 09:13 AM
he was really cocky and his game didnt match his attitude.

bored of education
05-07-2007, 09:15 AM
yeah, some charecter issues, attitude problems and having been on a team with 506 other players drafted and being an ILB probably didnt translate well film and on the field wise.

gobucks
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
If he indeed tested positive for "something", he is a perfect fit for the Chargers.

Bengals1690
05-07-2007, 09:22 AM
If he indeed tested positive for "something", he is a perfect fit for the Chargers.

OmG LOLZZ!!!11!!!!\\

i love it when people make such witty jokes....

StaticGator
05-07-2007, 09:26 AM
There were supposedly some character concerns, and I think teams worried that his success was due in large part to the supporting cast around him. While these are both legit concerns, I don't think they should have been enough to drop him to the 7th. The Chargers could have a big steal with him.

yeah, some charecter issues, attitude problems and having been on a team with 506 other players drafted and being an ILB probably didnt translate well film and on the field wise.

What character issues do you speak of? The kid is from the 'hood in Orlando, graduated high school with like a 3.8, and was the unquestioned leader of a back-to-back top 10 defense. Say what you will about his game, but Siler is top notch off the field and anyone would be lucky to have a kid turn out as well as him.

bored of education
05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't know of any per se, but it was mentioned in plenty of scouting reports I read. But I don't know exactly.

bergo23
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
He also injured his knee late in the season for the Gators, and film may have shown the injury may require some work on the knee. Even if its a question mark, that is a sign that usually makes players drop (see Marcus McNeill). His attitude will now include a very big chip on his shoulder that hopefully will translate into some inspired Special Teams play. Even if he only turns into a 1st 2nd down run stuffer, its a still a great pick for us in the 7th, where we needed depth. I was really surprised the Pats did not take him....and they have serious youth needs at ILB.

Don Vito
05-07-2007, 11:30 AM
I doubt what made him drop was becuase of talent, he is very gifted and was just surrounded by talent on that Gators D over the last few seasons. Correct me if I'm wrong but he won some awards and honors such as SEC defensive rookie of the year.

bored of education
05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
That was as a freshman.

Don Vito
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
True, but by showing that he stepped onto arguably the biggest stage of college football, the SEC, and winning its highest award as a freshman defender that says some good things about him and his chances of success as an NFL rookie. He is a talent and I believe that he will exceed the expectations that many have of him. He is also a great fit as an athletic run stuffer in the 3-4, which he will be as a Charger.

fenikz
05-07-2007, 12:02 PM
lol, hence rookie of the year, i was hoping the cards would grab him in the 7th but im happy with ben patrick too

xUFxGATORxUFx
05-08-2007, 08:23 AM
True, but by showing that he stepped onto arguably the biggest stage of college football, the SEC, and winning its highest award as a freshman defender that says some good things about him and his chances of success as an NFL rookie. He is a talent and I believe that he will exceed the expectations that many have of him. He is also a great fit as an athletic run stuffer in the 3-4, which he will be as a Charger.

Thats a good post