PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I cant wait to see Tomlin on the sideline this Sunday.

Smooth Criminal
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM
i can see davenport playing 2 - 3 series

then barlow / russell / haynes getting the most of the PT

Thats how i'm picturing it happening. I really hope they give Russell some carries cause I want to see him in a Steeler jersey come the regular season.

Smooth Criminal
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07214/806343-66.stm

Wilson is acting like a little *****. I really hate this guy and I hope he gets cut this year. If you were any good maybe you would get more balls thrown your direction.

Wilson doesn't have half the talent of Holmes and Holmes had a great rookie season. I look forward to Holmes being the starter Wilson getting even less balls thrown his way.

Cut this guy ASAP.

mikehop05
08-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I cant wait to see Tomlin on the sideline this Sunday.

yeah i can't either...

oh wait, i wont.

damn no nfln

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM

Wilson is acting like a little *****. I really hate this guy and I hope he gets cut this year. If you were any good maybe you would get more balls thrown your direction.

Wilson doesn't have half the talent of Holmes and Holmes had a great rookie season. I look forward to Holmes being the starter Wilson getting even less balls thrown his way.

Cut this guy ASAP.

Posted a while back.

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
yeah i can't either...

oh wait, i wont.

damn no nfln

Haha, I believe its on KDKA as well though.

Hines
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
yeah i can't either...

oh wait, i wont.

damn no nfln

your not the only one brother

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Im gonna really enjoy watching the game, I love the fact that I can watch it.

Hines
08-02-2007, 12:16 PM
no rubbing it in now

skarocksoi
08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
So is it only on NFLN or will it be on CBS or something too? Im wondering cause at my place at school I get NFLN but at home I dont and I'm planning on moving back home this saturday. Maybe I should wait a day and watch the game. I hope they play it somewhere since its the Hall of Fame game.

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
So is it only on NFLN or will it be on CBS or something too? Im wondering cause at my place at school I get NFLN but at home I dont and I'm planning on moving back home this saturday. Maybe I should wait a day and watch the game. I hope they play it somewhere since its the Hall of Fame game.

Its on another network I believe.

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Edit: Nevermind.

Smooth Criminal
08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I thought it had to be on a local market also since its the steelers. I don't know all i know is im not to worried about it cause I have NFLN.

mikehop05
08-02-2007, 02:54 PM
i cant even get NFLN in my area, i just called comcast about it today... so ***

DeathbyStat
08-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Cut this guy ASAP.

I can't stand this guy either....he looks for pass interference calls before the ball even arrives....he flops more then Manu Ginobli

mikehop05
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I can't stand this guy either....he looks for pass interference calls before the ball even arrives....he flops more then Manu Ginobli

its one thing to be like that when you have a lot of talent... say TO, marvin harrison, etc... but when you are CEDRICK WILSON??? cmon just... just stop

and i mean do a certain extent receivers should always want the ball... thats part of the mentality of being a receiver, but i mean if you are going to complain do it to a buddy not on the team or your family, dont goto the press and dont create an issue within the team

DeathbyStat
08-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Is Santonio develops Cedric won't even be able to hold his jock

Smooth Criminal
08-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I went out to training camp tonight and alot of things looked real good.

Easily the most outstanding player tonight was John Dekker. He made alot of great catches including one in the goalline drill that was perfectly throne from Ben.

Matt Spaeth made alot of nice grabs to. Had a great catch in the goalline drill that was quite similar to 'the catch' but not quite. Looked good all night. Could spell trouble for Tuman who dropped alot of passes.

When the 2nd team o-line was playing i thought it was interesting that Kemoeatu always played LG behind Faneca. It was Brandon Torrey that played backup at RG the entire time. Just another indication that Simmons has the job locked up at RG. Mahan played backup center.

Anthony Smith played with the starting team again as did LaMarr Woodley. Smith made a few really good plays down field on recievers. Looked like he could cover a ton of ground.

All of the recievers looked very good. Not a single dropped ball other than one by Holmes but it would have been one of the outstanding catches if he had gotten it. Wilson had alot of catches, particularly down the field. Both Dallas Baker and Eric Fowler looked good.

Willie Reid and Cedric Wilson did most of the punt returns. Wilson looked horrible at that.

Shaun Nua looked like an animal. He didn't play to much but he looks like a physical freak. Reminded me of Merriman the way he was built.

Ben looked great aswell. Didn't throw any INTs and had a very good looking deepball that connected with Holmes and Wilson alot.

It would shock me if Bryan Randall made the team. He just didn't look good at all. Most of his throws (and he didn't get many) were into groups of defenders and didn't have a chance at getting caught.

The runningbacks basically just rotated. Carey, Haynes, Russell, and Davenport took majority of the carries. Russell had on #41 so I didn't even know it was him till near the end of pratice. Carey got alot of touches with the second team. Barlow was no where to be found. Didn't see him anywhere.

Willie was clearly the leader of the group. Even though he wasn't playing when the runningbacks went off the stretch by themselves Willie hyped everyone up liked Joey always did.

Man_Of_Steel
08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Good to hear Willie is really finding his role.

mikehop05
08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I went out to training camp tonight and alot of things looked real good.

Easily the most outstanding player tonight was John Dekker. He made alot of great catches including one in the goalline drill that was perfectly throne from Ben.

Matt Spaeth made alot of nice grabs to. Had a great catch in the goalline drill that was quite similar to 'the catch' but not quite. Looked good all night. Could spell trouble for Tuman who dropped alot of passes.

When the 2nd team o-line was playing i thought it was interesting that Kemoeatu always played LG behind Faneca. It was Brandon Torrey that played backup at RG the entire time. Just another indication that Simmons has the job locked up at RG. Mahan played backup center.

Anthony Smith played with the starting team again as did LaMarr Woodley. Smith made a few really good plays down field on recievers. Looked like he could cover a ton of ground.

All of the recievers looked very good. Not a single dropped ball other than one by Holmes but it would have been one of the outstanding catches if he had gotten it. Wilson had alot of catches, particularly down the field. Both Dallas Baker and Eric Fowler looked good.

Willie Reid and Cedric Wilson did most of the punt returns. Wilson looked horrible at that.

Shaun Nua looked like an animal. He didn't play to much but he looks like a physical freak. Reminded me of Merriman the way he was built.

Ben looked great aswell. Didn't throw any INTs and had a very good looking deepball that connected with Holmes and Wilson alot.

It would shock me if Bryan Randall made the team. He just didn't look good at all. Most of his throws (and he didn't get many) were into groups of defenders and didn't have a chance at getting caught.

The runningbacks basically just rotated. Carey, Haynes, Russell, and Davenport took majority of the carries. Russell had on #41 so I didn't even know it was him till near the end of pratice. Carey got alot of touches with the second team. Barlow was no where to be found. Didn't see him anywhere.

Willie was clearly the leader of the group. Even though he wasn't playing when the runningbacks went off the stretch by themselves Willie hyped everyone up liked Joey always did.

helluva write up, thanks for this its always good to hear what the average fan observes

skarocksoi
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Good for Willie. I hope he steps up and tries to take a leadership role on the team. Buying his jersey is looking like a good investment.

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
http://nfl.com/news/story/10279769

Great article

mikehop05
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
http://nfl.com/news/story/10279769

Great article

i agree, and i agree with a lot of what the article said

i like the part about hines ward having his name on his helmet and running all the way to the endzone, hahah thats classic hines right there

Hines
08-03-2007, 05:54 PM
this part of americas game always gets to me..its the last part after they won the super bowl

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EOKHzYvuYSk&mode=related&search=

Hines
08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
we also made a roster move

http://www.steelers.com/article/79413/

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 06:07 PM
we also made a roster move

http://www.steelers.com/article/79413/

Whoopdy do basil what does it all mean.

Hines
08-03-2007, 06:09 PM

just saying....maybe he'll suprise us and make the ps

mikehop05
08-03-2007, 06:13 PM

austin powers much

mikehop05
08-03-2007, 06:15 PM
just saying....maybe he'll suprise us and make the ps

im all for the small school guys making it in the pros

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 07:08 PM
He dosent have a chance, no cinderella story there.

mikehop05
08-03-2007, 08:02 PM
He dosent have a chance, no cinderella story there.

why u say that

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 08:06 PM
why u say that

Because hes about as useful as a poopie flavored lolly pop.

mikehop05
08-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Because hes about as useful as a poopie flavored lolly pop.

right... well i think its dumb to write off any player right away, the guy has potential and could do somethin on the practice squad for us and maybe make the team in a couple years

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 08:20 PM
right... well i think its dumb to write off any player right away, the guy has potential and could do somethin on the practice squad for us and maybe make the team in a couple years

Why do you always think a player has all this great potential, not every player is Rudy.

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Thats a shame. I liked Church and wanted him to do good for us.

This guy looks like a better physical prospect though. I don't think he has much of a chance of getting on the team entering camp this late though. With Haggans, Woodley, Timmons, James Harrison, Arnold Harrison, and Andre Fraizer I don't think he stands much of a chance at all.

He would have a way better shot if he could play inside and compete with Kriedwalt and Wallace.

skarocksoi
08-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I have to say that I think many players have the potential to become decent players or even possible stars in the league if given the right circumstances and playing in the right system. I think its unfair to count a guy out until he has tried out and shown what he can do. Were you saying the same thing when we picked up a no name 3rd string collegiate backup named Willie Parker as a UDFA? Granted, stories like that are usually one in a million, but that doesnt mean you cant give a guy a chance.

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Thats a shame. I liked Church and wanted him to do good for us.

This guy looks like a better physical prospect though. I don't think he has much of a chance of getting on the team entering camp this late though. With Haggans, Woodley, Timmons, James Harrison, Arnold Harrison, and Andre Fraizer I don't think he stands much of a chance at all.

He would have a way better shot if he could play inside and compete with Kriedwalt and Wallace.

There is zero percent chance he can compete against Wallace, Wallace is pretty solid.

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I have to say that I think many players have the potential to become decent players or even possible stars in the league if given the right circumstances and playing in the right system. I think its unfair to count a guy out until he has tried out and shown what he can do. Were you saying the same thing when we picked up a no name 3rd string collegiate backup named Willie Parker as a UDFA? Granted, stories like that are usually one in a million, but that doesnt mean you cant give a guy a chance.

No, actually I liked Willie from the get go thank you very much.

Smooth Criminal
08-03-2007, 09:56 PM
There is zero percent chance he can compete against Wallace, Wallace is pretty solid.

I didn't say good chance I said better. We are alrady overcrowded at OLB and he doesn't stand a chance.

There is no way we leave camp without Haggans, James Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons. No one is going to beat them out no matter what.

With Wallace, I like him but he isn't as definate to keep on the roster as the OLBs are. They almost went with Seiglar over him last year and you never know what the new coaches might think.

All in all, this guy ain't making the team.

Man_Of_Steel
08-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I didn't say good chance I said better. We are alrady overcrowded at OLB and he doesn't stand a chance.

There is no way we leave camp without Haggans, James Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons. No one is going to beat them out no matter what.

With Wallace, I like him but he isn't as definate to keep on the roster as the OLBs are. They almost went with Seiglar over him last year and you never know what the new coaches might think.

All in all, this guy ain't making the team.

All this talk about potential and you guys give no props to Rian Wallace. He is probably the backup LB that has the most starting potential on our roster.

Hines
08-04-2007, 12:28 AM
All this talk about potential and you guys give no props to Rian Wallace. He is probably the backup LB that has the most starting potential on our roster.

i really like wallace..plus he punched out a teamate so hes cool

Bucs4242
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
how does Sean Mahan look?

Hines
08-04-2007, 12:31 PM
hey lets make a thread for tommarows game so when i come back i can read wat happend

mikehop05
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
hey lets make a thread for tommarows game so when i come back i can read wat happend

good idea.

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm back!!!!

4 things:

1) Matt King is an animal. He needs about 2 years on the Practice squad to refine himself, but he's a perfect fit for our defense.

2) Rian Wallace. I think he's solid, has talent.. but they're playing him at SOLB and he's almost worthless out there.. he lacks any pass rush and he's not great in coverage. I do think he could be a 2 down thumper.

3) I don't know if anyone cares to read my stuff but I'll have a huge outlook coming soon:

#Position Battles/Roster Speculation

#Future Outlook per position

#Free Agents - Signing, Impacts

#Free Agents - Complete NFL

#My Positional pre-season rankings- Name, School ~ Round Grade format

#My overview of Draft need vs. value (Pertaining to our roster)

#I'm going to add a Section on Possible Guys declaring as Well.

#Lead-in to my picks. I'll probably do about 5 guys per pick. Such as (I believe Player A,B,C,D,E could fit here and why. With a complete write up of each player.)

#My final Pre-Season Mock Draft.

Thats what I've gathered during brain storming.

4) I'll do a huge writeup on the game for anyone interested.

Man_Of_Steel
08-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm back!!!!

4 things:

1) Matt King is an animal. He needs about 2 years on the Practice squad to refine himself, but he's a perfect fit for our defense.

2) Rian Wallace. I think he's solid, has talent.. but they're playing him at SOLB and he's almost worthless out there.. he lacks any pass rush and he's not great in coverage. I do think he could be a 2 down thumper.

3) I don't know if anyone cares to read my stuff but I'll have a huge outlook coming soon:

#Lead-in to my picks. I'll probably do about 5 guys per pick. Such as (I believe Player A,B,C,D,E could fit here and why. With a complete write up of each player.)

why do all that before the season.

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 05:39 PM
why do all that before the season.

Because I enjoy it. And you know as well as I do that I'll be doing writeups all through the season as well.

DeathbyStat
08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm back!!!!

4 things:

Sounds good...I'll read it

Smooth Criminal
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
how does Sean Mahan look?

All of the reports I have seen about him say he is lookign good but he is still practicing with the back up line so we don't really know. Hard to judge O-line without a game.

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 07:45 PM
All of the reports I have seen about him say he is lookign good but he is still practicing with the back up line so we don't really know. Hard to judge O-line without a game.

From what Casey Hampton said, Mahan is the best Center we got.

Okobi is the quickest, just lacks experience..
Colon is the strongest/meanest just he'll be a utility Backup
Mahan is the jack of all trades, master of none with experience.

terribletowel39
08-06-2007, 12:06 AM
ok so, i kinda loved what i saw, i don't know about yall. davis looked to be very beastly. and the hit that G A Y put on M E A C H E M was beautiful.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 12:26 AM
ok so, i kinda loved what i saw, i don't know about yall. davis looked to be very beastly. and the hit that G A Y put on M E A C H E M was beautiful.

Agreed...

2 things:

1) Sorry TT39.. Alley Broussard quit playing football.

2) I have a writeup of every player.

skarocksoi
08-06-2007, 08:10 AM
What does everyone think of the RB situation and how it could end up. Najeh, Davis, or Russell as the backups, or will Barlow/Haynes secure a spot? I am personally hoping for Davis and Russell.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I think Russell and Davis could both make the team. As long as they continue to impress they both should. Davis will be good runningback depth as well as the backup fullback. Parker, Davenport, Davis, and Russell looks like a very good runningback group to me.

Barlow was very unimpressive and Haynes only got one carry I believe. Unless they do better in later games and camp I don't see how you can justify keeping them over young promising backs like Russell and Davis.

Man_Of_Steel
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Parker, Davis, Russell, Haynes.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Davenport will make it before Haynes.

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Parker, Davis, Russell, Haynes.

Parker, Davenport, Davis, Russell, Kreider.

That would be my guess to starting 5.

skarocksoi
08-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Thats a pretty good group in my opinion.

mikehop05
08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
no kuhn????

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 03:08 PM
no kuhn????

Kuhn's not near the devastating blocker that Kreider is. He also blocks a bit too upright. I think he has potential.

I didn't get to see him run (Mostly because of the arrival of Carey Davis).

But I think he'll be on the PS again this year.. perhaps activated next year.

THough I'm thinking we draft a H-Back.

mikehop05
08-06-2007, 05:21 PM
porter is having constant knee problems(via pft)... maybe nothing but may be something

looks like we cut him ata good time

DeathbyStat
08-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Scott's New Mock is about I know its really really early

But he has us taken Sendrick Ellis DT USC....and he still thinks we we'll eventually move to the 4-3.

If the 3-4 is successful this year we will keep it. End of story. Why can't anyone one believe that we will stay with the 3-4?

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I want James Lauranitis.

DeathbyStat
08-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I know WR isn't are biggest need but how about Adarius Bowman?

mikehop05
08-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Scott's New Mock is about I know its really really early

But he has us taken Sendrick Ellis DT USC....and he still thinks we we'll eventually move to the 4-3.

If the 3-4 is successful this year we will keep it. End of story. Why can't anyone one believe that we will stay with the 3-4?

i dont see it happening, and i agree i dont know why others are so persistent on it

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I'd love Sedrick Ellis.. in like round 4 as NT depth.

However.. I think ROLB or LILB need a new talent.. depending on where Timmons plays.

If Timmons slides to RILB and Foote to LILB.. then Tommy Blake is the perfect Prospect.

If Timmons stays outside, Maualuga is the perfect animal to take that LILB Spot.

I don't think Laurinaitis has the size to play strongside. His weakness is shedding blocks.. I think he'd be a great RILB but Timmons or Foote is solid there. Maualuga or Blake for me.

As for Bowman.. I'd love to add a top tier talent at WR, but I don't think we need to yet.

We have a stable of 3 solid starters and competant #4/#5.. I Think Derek Kinder or a Hines Ward replica would be applicable if the WR's don't look great this year. Though I think we don't need a WR for about 2-3 years.

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I think Laurianitis would be a great 3-4 ILB.

But no matter who we look at we still need more help at the linebackers. Adding another first round talent would soldify the core for along time.

I'd like the see reciever adressed but probably not until the 3rd or 4th round. LB and OL take bigger need in my mind. We will be losing majority of our line soon and it needs to be rebuilt.

Hines
08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
im back yall...i read that ben had a great first series and looked good...and i also read that wilson had a good game as well...

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
I think Laurianitis would be a great 3-4 ILB.

But no matter who we look at we still need more help at the linebackers. Adding another first round talent would soldify the core for along time.

I'd like the see reciever adressed but probably not until the 3rd or 4th round. LB and OL take bigger need in my mind. We will be losing majority of our line soon and it needs to be rebuilt.

I think he'd make a monster leader/coverage ILB. I just think to replace the strongside plugger we need more of a run thumper.. Which is why I prefer Maualuga.

Now if I had it my way.. we'd have 2 1st rounders... and grab Blake AND Maualuga.

I Don't know about WR.. I am absolutely amazed at Derek Kinder. He's got Hines Ward 2.0 written all over him.. great hands guy, a bit sluggish, but great blocker as well.

As for the OL.. I really have to see how they play...

I'm wondering if Colon or Simmons will take LG next season. I think Simmons would be perfect there unless they're planning Stephonson or Kemo.

Hines
08-06-2007, 10:55 PM
a player that i like when i looked at scotts rankings is ezra butler outta nevada..has good size and can get after the qb..also the ot from newbery..has great size and looks nasty...

stiller do you know anything on josh johnson..he looks intriging

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 10:58 PM
a player that i like when i looked at scotts rankings is ezra butler outta nevada..has good size and can get after the qb..also the ot from newbery..has great size and looks nasty...

stiller do you know anything on josh johnson..he looks intriging

12 GP; 12 GS; Rush: 107-720-6.7-11; Pass: 371-246-66.3-3320-34-5; All-American, OPOY, 1st team All-Pioneer in '06. 12 GP; 12 GS; Rush: 86-379-4.4-4; Pass: 371-260-70.1-3256-36-8; First Team All-American in '05. 8 GP; 0 GS; Rush: 13-39-3-0; Pass: 22-12-54.5-135-0-1; Rec: 1-3-3-0; In '04 was backup quarterback to Todd Mortensen and completed 12-of-22 passes for 135 yards.
Overview

Josh Johnson returns for his third year at USD... 2006 Preseason All-American (Sports Network)... Last year was First Team All-American (Sports Network) and Offensive Back of the Year (Don Hansen) after record-setting season.

2005 Season

First Team All-PFL and team MVP completed 70.1% of his passes (260-371) for 3,256 yards and 36 touchdowns... Added 379 yards on the ground with 4 rushing TDs... Three-time PFL Offensive Player of the Week... Tied school-record with 7 TD passes at Valparaiso (all coming in 1st half)... Tossed 5 TDs on 24-37 passing for 375 yards in PFL Championship win over Morehead State... Totaled 8 games with 3 or more passing TDs.

2004 Season

In 2004 was backup quarterback to Todd Mortensen and completed 12-of-22 passes for 135 yards.

I think he'll be overdrafted on potential.

If we add a QB next year.. I'll be asking for Mike Kokal of Miami(OH) or Ricky Santos of NH. Like a 7th rounder.

I think we need to go:

1) LB
2) OL
3) BPA
4) DT
5) LB
6) LB
7) QB

My guys?

1) Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU

Dynamic Edge Rusher... has great intangibles and all-world speed. Best 3-4 OLB Prospect. Though depending on this season I'm debating between Blake/Gholston.

2) Jeff Otah, OL, Pittsburgh

Big Mauler guy that can play any position on the OL. Great feet for LT, brute strength. Somewhat raw.. but could possibly contribute early.

3) Derek Kinder, WR, Pittsburgh

Threw the block to allow Revis the play of the year. Hines Ward copy. Great blocker, a bit sluggish, great hands.. fearless.

4) Jason Shirley, DT, Fresno State

This behemoth could play any DL position. I know we just grabbed McBean/Jones.. but I think Shirley could play NT (6'5 332lbs) or DE (4.99 40') He's a manimal.

5) Brian Johnston, DE/OLB, Gardner-Webb

We've ignored OLB for too long. I think Timmons goes to RILB. Blake ROLB.. Foote LILB and Woodley LOLB. James Harrison backup ROLB.. Ben Moffitt Backup RILB, Arnold Harrison backup LILB, Brian Johnston backup ROLB. He'll be a great situational DE as well.

6) Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida

Solid as both a thumper and pass coverage. He could take Kreidwaldts position or Wallace. Wallace still looks soft and We need a guy to play inside to command some attention. He'll be our new ST captian.

7) Mike Kokal, QB, Miami(OH)

BSP is done, he has no practice squad eligibility left. He's not that good to begin with. Batch needs to tutor someone to take over for him. They're not going to give Bryan Randall much opportunity.. and who better to learn from Ben than a kid coming from his old school. Ben can show him exactly how to move to the big leagues.. and considering Ben knows the old offense of Miami and new offense.. it's a win-win.

Hines
08-06-2007, 11:02 PM
i want this guy

http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=45375&SPID=4082&DB_OEM_ID=10000&ATCLID=530583&Q_SEASON=2007

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 11:28 PM
i want this guy

http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=45375&SPID=4082&DB_OEM_ID=10000&ATCLID=530583&Q_SEASON=2007

I like Ezra as well.. but I think he'll be a 2nd rounder.

Hines
08-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I like Ezra as well.. but I think he'll be a 2nd rounder.

then id take him...

ezra-foote-timmons-woodley

nasty

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 11:33 PM
then id take him...

ezra-foote-timmons-woodley

nasty

.... No way.. Ezra would likely be a ILB in our scheme..

Blake >>>>> Ezra.

I like him.. but not at 2, especially with Timmons and Foote inside.

Hines
08-06-2007, 11:34 PM
.... No way.. Ezra would likely be a ILB in our scheme..

Blake >>>>> Ezra.

I like him.. but not at 2, especially with Timmons and Foote inside.

so if blake was there at 2 u would take blake

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
so if blake was there at 2 u would take blake

If we need a ROLB.. I take a Blake/Gholston/Harvey over Butler.

Like I said... I believe Butler would be a ILB.. with opportunities to blitz in our scheme..

oh yea:

http://i17.tinypic.com/4lj3beg.gif

Hines
08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
If we need a ROLB.. I take a Blake/Gholston/Harvey over Butler.

Like I said... I believe Butler would be a ILB.. with opportunities to blitz in our scheme..

oh yea:

http://i17.tinypic.com/4lj3beg.gif

that was a nice hit..but i think butler could go in the third...if blake and all them were taken as expected then butler will be great

Mr. Stiller
08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
that was a nice hit..but i think butler could go in the third...if blake and all them were taken as expected then butler will be great

I just don't see him as a OLB in our scheme.. he'd make a great SLB if we go 4-3..

If we want to replace Foote and James Harrison.. You could Argue Blake round 1 and Butler round 2.

that way when Woodley slides the 4-3, Ezra is the SLB.. when Blake Slides the 4-3.. Ezra is the MLB.

If Foote could be upgraded with a 3 down ILB.. I'm all for it. I just don't see it until either: A) He's too old or B) we have no glaring needs and a high pick..

I think we'll take the ROLB .

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 01:16 AM
My Depth Chart post first game:

QB-2: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch
RB-4: Willie Parker -> Najeh Davenport -> Gary Russell -> Carey Davis
FB-1: Dan Kreider
WR1-2: Hines Ward -> Nate Washington
WR2-2: Santonio Holmes -> Willie Reid
WR3-1: Cedrick Wilson -> Walter Young
TE-3: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Cody Boyd
LT-2: Marvel Smith -> Jason Capizzi
LG-2: Alan Faneca -> Chris Kemoeatu
OC-2: Sean Mahan -> Marvin Phillip
RG-2: Kendall Simmons -> Brandon Torrey
RT-2: Max Starks -> Willie Colon

Offense: 26

RDE-2: Brett Keisel -> Travis Kirschke -> Derrick Jones
NT-2: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke
LDE-3: Aaron Smith -> Nick Eason -> Ryan McBean

ROLB-2: JAmes Harrison -> Lawrence Timmons
RILB-2: Larry Foote -> Clint Kreidwaldt
LILB-2: James Farrior -> Richard Koonce
LOLB-2: Clark Haggans -> LaMarr Woodley

CB1-3: Ike Taylor -> Bryant McFadden
CB2-3: DeShea Townsend -> William *** -> Anthony Madison
FS-2: Ryan Clark -> Anthony Smith
SS-2: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter

Defense - 24

ST:

LS: Greg Warren
P: Daniel Sepulveda
K: Jeff Reed

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
I agree with most of that. Just a few things that I don't like. Woodley needs to be a starter at OLB not Haggans backup. Only way I wouldn't start Woodley is if James Harrison can go because he ahs shown he can play.

I'd like to carry 3 QBs aswell. Esspeially since St. Pierre can't be on the PS. Unless Randall shows he can play as well as St. Pierre sometime then we can put Randall on the PS.

I love cutting Tuman, Okobi, and Colcoulgh.

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I agree with most of that. Just a few things that I don't like. Woodley needs to be a starter at OLB not Haggans backup. Only way I wouldn't start Woodley is if James Harrison can go because he ahs shown he can play.

I'd like to carry 3 QBs aswell. Esspeially since St. Pierre can't be on the PS. Unless Randall shows he can play as well as St. Pierre sometime then we can put Randall on the PS.

I love cutting Tuman, Okobi, and Colcoulgh.

I think the first few Games Woodley/Haggans will split 50/50 time on the strongside. If he continues to progress we may have another Kendrell Bell on our hands.

I don't want to carry 3 QB's because frankly.. Pierre hasn't shown enough and Frankly.. I'd rather have Cedrick Wilson at QB than Pierre.. He looked half decent the other night, but if that wasn't one of the worst secondaries in the league I'm thinking he'd have 1-2 INT's.

I think Randall gest Ps'd either way.

Jim Wexall reported Spaeth is #2, and Tuman isn't cheap enough for a #3.

I'm also thinking we may try to trade Okobi for a 6th rounder with an escalator to a 5th rounder to Jacksonville who just lost their Center for 8 weeks.

I think Colclough has had his shot. He's never done anything he was supposed to be good at. He got beat regularly in coverage, and he provides little as a special teamer.
Add that with the Fact Madison and *** look very very good in coverage.

Hines
08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
i made a three round mock draft this morning...tell me what yall think

round 1:Chris Long DE Virgina

reason is he can get after the qb and if he has the same intensity as his father,id welcome him with open arms

round 2:Tony Hills OT Texas/Jordan Grimes G Purdue

reason is because we will lose at least two of our starting olineman this offseason and i really like hills and grimes and they would make perfect sence

round 3: Ezra Butler OLB Nevada

reason is he can also get after the qb..stiller thinks he can play inside while id rather have him outside with woodley and let them reck havoc..i believe last year butler had 19 tfl with 12 sacks..he can get after the qb

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 11:36 AM
i made a three round mock draft this morning...tell me what yall think

round 1:Chris Long DE Virgina

reason is he can get after the qb and if he has the same intensity as his father,id welcome him with open arms

Chris Long is a 3-4 DE.. We drafted 1, signed our oldest, have a great returner and signed UDFA Derrick Jones. We have 5 guys that could play DE. With Smith having a 5 year contract, Keisel just being resigned.. It would be a waste to get a first round 3-4 DE. Long is not a DE/OLB Prospect. He's a DE in any system.. Like Adam Carriker Last year. I think we need DE/OLB to the likes of Tommy Blake, Derrick Harvey, Vernon Gholston.

round 2:Tony Hills OT Texas/Jordan Grimes G Purdue

reason is because we will lose at least two of our starting olineman this offseason and i really like hills and grimes and they would make perfect sence

I was wondering about this, but if they resign Kemo/Simmons, forget a 2nd round Guard. Hills is interesting, However I think the Wildcard here is Capizzi. if he has a great season.. We won't need Hills because he technically has 2 red-shirt years to get ready for LT.

round 3: Ezra Butler OLB Nevada

reason is he can also get after the qb..stiller thinks he can play inside while id rather have him outside with woodley and let them reck havoc..i believe last year butler had 19 tfl with 12 sacks..he can get after the qb

Ezra got after the QB as a Strongside 4-3 OLB. I don't think he's a 3-4 OLB. He has potential.. I just think he'd be a better plugger. Like I said, if we don't have too many holes, upgrading Foote is fine with me. I think Foote is a good 2 down LB, but Ezra could be a great 3-4 LILB.

I wouldn't mind:

Blake ~ Timmons ~ Butler ~ Woodley

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
If Randall gets put on the PS then there is no need for a 3rd QB. If Ben gets hurt you start Batch and call Randall up.

I still wouldn't start arnold Harrison over Woodley. Woodley can be an impact player and I don't think the same can be said Arnold Harrison.

Plus James Harrison will definately make the team. They resigned him toa 4 year deal last offseason. Just because of his little injury that kept him out of a game he won't be considered the starter or atleast the best backup we have. I'd be shocked if we carries any OLBs other than Haggans, Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons.

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
If Randall gets put on the PS then there is no need for a 3rd QB. If Ben gets hurt you start Batch and call Randall up.

I still wouldn't start arnold Harrison over Woodley. Woodley can be an impact player and I don't think the same can be said Arnold Harrison.

Plus James Harrison will definately make the team. They resigned him toa 4 year deal last offseason. Just because of his little injury that kept him out of a game he won't be considered the starter or atleast the best backup we have. I'd be shocked if we carries any OLBs other than Haggans, Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons.

Theres my mistake... I meant James Harrison where I put Arnold.

steelernation77
08-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I think the first few Games Woodley/Haggans will split 50/50 time on the strongside. If he continues to progress we may have another Kendrell Bell on our hands.

I don't want to carry 3 QB's because frankly.. Pierre hasn't shown enough and Frankly.. I'd rather have Cedrick Wilson at QB than Pierre.. He looked half decent the other night, but if that wasn't one of the worst secondaries in the league I'm thinking he'd have 1-2 INT's.

I think Randall gest Ps'd either way.

Jim Wexall reported Spaeth is #2, and Tuman isn't cheap enough for a #3.

I'm also thinking we may try to trade Okobi for a 6th rounder with an escalator to a 5th rounder to Jacksonville who just lost their Center for 8 weeks.

I think Colclough has had his shot. He's never done anything he was supposed to be good at. He got beat regularly in coverage, and he provides little as a special teamer.
Add that with the Fact Madison and *** look very very good in coverage.

I don't think we can afford losing Tuman at this point. Reports out of camp say Spaeth still needs some work at blocking. Tuman is our only back up who can really block. I think him and Spaeth will be called upon to do very different things.

mikehop05
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
after watching the game, i am really impressd with russell... he is a very good runner, hitting the holes, staying low, getting good leverage.. i really like the guy

i wanan see how he does on 3rd down picking up blocks though

DeathbyStat
08-07-2007, 02:01 PM
after watching the game, i am really impressd with russell... he is a very good runner, hitting the holes, staying low, getting good leverage.. i really like the guy

i wanan see how he does on 3rd down picking up blocks though

Him in Carey Davis look very solid.

As far as next years draft.

I like Derrick Harvey and Tommy Blake

mikehop05
08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Him in Carey Davis look very solid.

As far as next years draft.

I like Derrick Harvey and Tommy Blake

i dont even wanna think about next years draft

at this point it is a waste of thought, and i really cant waste many of those seeming as i dont have many to begin with

Man_Of_Steel
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Malcolm Jenkins

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Theres my mistake... I meant James Harrison where I put Arnold.

Then it makes perfect sense. I just couldn't figure out for the life of my why you would have Arnold Harrison starting.

Hines
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Then it makes perfect sense. I just couldn't figure out for the life of my why you would have Arnold Harrison starting.

i actually liked arnold starting and i think he did a great job starting for peezy

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Didn't he only start like 1 game? And I think it was against KC.

But either way James Harrison has more experience than Arnold and Woodley and Timmons both have a ton more potential. Arnold harrison probably won't make the team.

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Didn't he only start like 1 game? And I think it was against KC.

But either way James Harrison has more experience than Arnold and Woodley and Timmons both have a ton more potential. Arnold harrison probably won't make the team.

Yea, our 45-7 blowout where he had like 3 tackles.. though he did fly around the end and slam LJ.

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I still have way more confidence in James Harrison who has come through many time when Porter was either injured or thrown out of games.

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I still have way more confidence in James Harrison who has come through many time when Porter was either injured or thrown out of games.

It's Agreed.

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
http://www.steelernation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=206&d=1186518152

Man_Of_Steel
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
http://www.steelernation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=206&d=1186518152

You shouldnt be promoting another football message board on here.

Mr. Stiller
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey Guys,

I just made a highlight film of the HOF game. It's a bit choppy and the music somewhat sucks. It's my first video..

I was using Cyberlink PowerDirector. Once I get more familiar, move, get my new computer rig it should be pretty good.

it's uploading to youtube as we speak.

EDIT: Program crashed, I'll redo it tomorrow.

Man_Of_Steel
08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2963365

Good article on Roethlisberger.

Mr. Stiller
08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RfWk0-7JxA

mikehop05
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM

very nice my man

Man_Of_Steel
08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Very well done. That was a stellar game and I feel sorry for whoever missed it, Packers up next.

Hines
08-08-2007, 12:11 PM
ill be listening to it on the radio..is fox 970 playing the game..cuz thats the internet place i go to to listen to regular season games

then on sunday ill watch it on the network

Buckeyes
08-08-2007, 12:14 PM

Nice vid... Cedrik worked Mike McKenzie twice in a row on the first drive.. I love it

Man_Of_Steel
08-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Nice vid... Cedrik worked Mike McKenzie twice in a row on the first drive.. I love it

A possible rookie addition to the Steelers here at NFLDC, were outnumbered.

Mr. Stiller
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
A possible rookie addition to the Steelers here at NFLDC, were outnumbered.

Yes...

And to not be labled a "Homer" just act like you believe everyone on the Pittsburgh Steelers Roster absolutely blows.

Buckeyes
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
haha alright... thanks for the advice... and Go Steelers.

Smooth Criminal
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
You shouldnt be promoting another football message board on here.

its not like it takes you there thats just the link for that picture.

terribletowel39
08-08-2007, 08:04 PM
i love at 2:50 how the music goes perfectly with the music right when Davis plows over Bellamy. gave me chill bumps.......what it did.

also its blasphemous at 4:05 the guy with Romo the H-omo jersey on and the steelers hard hat.

Smooth Criminal
08-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Before you get to their misleading title just let it be known that Ben is perfectly fine according to Tomlin. Other than that it is a good article about our injuries.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Roethlisberger injured

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was taken from the field on a cart at the conclusion of practice here Wednesday afternoon after having his foot stepped on near the end of practice.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback finished practice after having his foot stepped on during 11-on-11 drills, but Roethlisberger, who was walking with a slight limp, headed straight for a medical cart at the conclusion of the session.

Head coach Mike Tomlin said the injury was no big deal.

Center Chukky Okobi, however, was no so lucky.

Okobi, working with the second team after the return of Sean Mahan, went down in a heap two plays after Roethlisberger was stepped on and was on the field for several minutes as trainers looked at his lower back.

The injury news clouded an otherwise good day for the Steelers, who had gotten linebackers Larry Foote and James Harrison, and quarterback Brian St. Pierre back in action today.

Tomlin said rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons was in Philadelphia today having his sore groin looked at and that there had been a breakthrough in that area. But, he said he would not speak about it until Thursday, when Timmons is scheduled to return.

Defensive end Derrick Jones was also still out of practice, nursing a sore right calf.

The highlight of practice was the two-minute drill in which Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch both did excellent impersonations of Joe Montana.

The two were a combined 11-for-13 in the drill, with Roethlisberger’s lone incompletion coming when he spiked the ball to stop the clock. He was seven-of-eight, including a 7-yard touchdown pass to Nate Washington to finish things off. Batch of four-for-five, including an 18-yard touchdown to Walter Young, who did an outstanding job of getting both feet in bounds and slipping the ball past the pylon for a score.

Mahan, who is back from an excused absence, will start at center on Saturday against Green Bay, as will Willie Colon at right tackle.

Tomlin said today that running back Willie Parker’s timetable is 14 days and that he’s in day 11 now. That would bring Parker back to action when the team resumes practice next week.

Mr. Stiller
08-08-2007, 11:24 PM
is anyone other than me looking at draft prospects?

Hines
08-08-2007, 11:26 PM
is anyone other than me looking at draft prospects?

me stiller...i really like butler as u know...i also l ike rudy burgess and josh barnett from asu..

Hines
08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
we released rasheen marshall and signed donavon riola(sp)

http://pittsburghpost-gazette.com/pg/07221/808116-66.stm

at the bottom

Mr. Stiller
08-08-2007, 11:46 PM
me stiller...i really like butler as u know...i also l ike rudy burgess and josh barnett from asu..

Burgess is merely a KR prospect.. as opposed to the CB/WR/RB he'll try to play.

It's Josh Barrett and he's a SS.. unless we're replacing Tyrone Carter I don't see the need for drafting a safety that high.

As for Butler..

I wrote this:

I wish we had an extra 1st round pick.. and we get picks for trading Okobi... and possibly Essex if he were to be on the cut line. (5th each)

What I want to do:

Infuse more talent along the defense (LB/CB) with some on the OL and maybe a sprinkle of Skills positions.

1.1) Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU

In My Opinion Tommy is the top 3-4 OLB Prospect. I think the only person who could challenge him is Vernon Gholston. Blake Possesses top end speed, instant acceleration and is a great Defensive end against both the run and rushing the passer. Should Give us that elite ROLB we've needed.

1.2) Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC

Some may prefer the Likes of James Laurinaitis from OSU. However, I think Laurinaitis may be the better cover LB, or the better diagnosing LB.. However Rey is the better run stopper, more instinctive and explosive. I think this kid could have a career like Ray Lewis.. you know, on the field.. minus the injuries and murder. He's got prototype size at 6'3 255lbs, he runs in the 4.4-4.5's.. He's just a Explosive hitter too. Imagine Troy at 6'3 255lbs and you have an idea.

2.1) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

He drops a little because of lack of Small school. This kid is a big player though. 6'2, 189lbs, runs in the 4.3/4.4's. Oh and he has great hands. He's a ballhawk. and he's not afraid to make a play against the run game. He'll come in likely when DeShea is hanging it up and Challenge BMac for the #2 spot with William ***. In a division with the bengals, doesn't hurt to go 3 deep at Corner.

3.1) Jeff Otah, OL, Pittsburgh

This guy is amazing. I look at him as a bigger, more powerful version of Willie Colon. This guy could play any position on the line. Need a Mauler plug at RT? Here's your guy. With Faneca Leaving I see Simmons heading to LG.. Colon to RT or RG. This kid would be great to have since Colon won't be a backup reserve anymore.. and with Tomlin Preaching Versatility.. here you have it.

4.1) Derek Kinder, WR, Pittsburgh

Here's probably one of the most complete WR's in the draft. Kinder isn't overly "Big" at 6'1 205lbs. But he's got a huge heart. He's near impossible to defend one on one. He is a great leaper, great blocker, great catcher. And he's a hard guy to tackle after the fact. He won't run a blazing 40' but he's got all the intangibles. Our future behind Hines Ward.

5.1) Jason Shirley, DE/DT, Fresno State

Shirley is just a mountain of a man. Standing at 6'5 330lbs, he's very athletic.. He runs nearly a 4.99 40'. He's very strong and is a disruptive force in the middle for Fresno State. Adding him not only gives us a 3rd NT option, a 2nd NT option in a 4-3.. but also great depth at 3-4 DE. He can play any DL Position and that would give us great depth.

5.2) Brian Johnston, DE/OLB, Gardner Webb

Johnston would be a great depth guy. Size that he could play either DE spot, or OLB. Runs a 4.68 40'. He could provide Depth Behind Woodley and continue to add young depth to keep fresh legs.

5.3) Owen Schmitt, H-Back, WVU

With Versatility being an issue and Kreiders age/contract. Time to add another Fullback. Schmitt is getting time at TE this year and he provides a trifecta of abilities. I think he's a better blocker than Brian Leonard.. but a poor man's Brian Leonard at Reciever/Running Back. He'll give us another weapon on offense and provide a quicker lead blocker for Willie Parker.

6.1) Brandon Coutu, K, Georgia

With the dedication to special teams this year, added to the fact that it seems Reed is slipping, we add a great young talent in Coutu. Having one of the most powerful legs in the NCAA... he's also one of the most accurate kickers. Adding him with Daniel Sepulveda is just great. We now have a kicker that we don't cringe when it's 40+ Yards.

7.1) Mike Kokal, QB, Miami(OH)

Kokal single handedly led that offense last year without the help of the oline. I'd refer to him as Tiny Ben. He's got an above average arm with great accuracy. He's very mobile and good thrower on the run. I think he's perfect because with Ben here, He can learn more quickly the nuances between his old offense and the Pittsburgh offense. With Batch nearing the end of his career and BSP not having any arm strength or consistency. I think Kokal could stick on the roster or PS for a season, catch on to the offense and become a solid #2.

What do you think?

Though if we miss on Maualuga and we don't need a CB, I'd certainly love taking Ezra in round 2.

Hines
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM

It's Josh Barrett and he's a SS.. unless we're replacing Tyrone Carter I don't see the need for drafting a safety that high.

As for Butler..

I wrote this:

Though if we miss on Maualuga and we don't need a CB, I'd certainly love taking Ezra in round 2.

i like it..but about barrett,he has enough size to play linebacker actually and thats where he is projected

Mr. Stiller
08-08-2007, 11:56 PM
i like it..but about barrett,he has enough size to play linebacker actually and thats where he is projected

6'2 220? Thats not big enough for Lb in the 3-4.

230 is possible, but He's going to be drafted likely day 1. Kind of early to take a conversion project that needs about 10-20 lbs. Considering we drafted a Insider backer and we need a strongside guy next to him.

Hines
08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
6'2 220? Thats not big enough for Lb in the 3-4.

230 is possible, but He's going to be drafted likely day 1. Kind of early to take a conversion project that needs about 10-20 lbs. Considering we drafted a Insider backer and we need a strongside guy next to him.

hes 6'3 230...i think hes better then bing

MoMoney717
08-09-2007, 01:04 AM
I love that draft... Im high on Aqib Talib tho idn about that CB you have us taking he could last that long... Maybe throw in an OLine instead of the 2nd OLB

steelernation77
08-09-2007, 01:33 AM

As for Butler..

I wrote this:

i think we need to address the oline early and often

DeathbyStat
08-09-2007, 07:10 AM

He need to see how they play this year....I would like to grab Will Arnold guard from LSU in the second round.

I like Derrick Harvey, Dan Connor, Tommy Blake, Rey Malaluaga,Steve Slaton and Jonathan Stewart.

We don't really need a running back but imagine Willie teaming up with one Slaton or Stewart

Sniper
08-09-2007, 07:28 AM
He need to see how they play this year....I would like to grab Will Arnold guard from LSU in the second round.

I like Derrick Harvey, Dan Connor, Tommy Blake, Rey Malaluaga,Steve Slaton and Jonathan Stewart.

We don't really need a running back but imagine Willie teaming up with one Slaton or Stewart

Why Slaton? Slaton and Parker are essentially the same guy. Stewart I could see, but why Slaton?

Mr. Stiller
08-09-2007, 08:25 AM
hes 6'3 230...i think hes better then bing

True, he probably is better than Bing, but Bing couldn't cut it in a 4-3.

Unless we go to a fulltime 4-3, theres no way he'll play OLB for us, unless in dime situations and Special teams.. and you don't draft a OLB in the 2nd/3rd round for that situation only.

I love that draft... Im high on Aqib Talib tho idn about that CB you have us taking he could last that long... Maybe throw in an OLine instead of the 2nd OLB

I've watched and read up on Talib. I like the guy, but I think Dwight Lowery is more of a Pittsburgh corner.

Hard Hitting, plays cushions often, zone corner and is a ballhawk is how i'd describe him. Thats exactly what we need out of our corners, we just don't have a great hands guy.

Why? Word has it we may re-sign Starks and Simmons. Simmons moves to LG to offset the loss of Faneca, Starks stays at RT and Colon slides in at RG(Where I think he's best suited). Then we add a guy like Otah who can literally (and has) played every position except maybe Center and your set. Starks screws up? We have a bigger faster Mauler on that right side then..

I don't think we can physically fit more OL..

They want to see Capizzi, Stephenson, Stapleton develop.. We already have Colon, Simmons, Starks, Smith and Mahan. Not to mention Phillip as well. I don't think "The sky is falling" for the OL yet.

LT: Marvel Smith -> Jason Capizzi
LG: Alan Faneca -> Trai Essex
OC: Sean Mahan -> Marvin Phillip
RG: Kendall Simmons -> Chris Kemoeatu
RT: Max Starks -> Willie Colon

Then(Post mock):

LG: Kendall Simmons -> Chris Kemoeatu
RG: Willie Colon -> Cameron Stephenson
RT: Max Starks -> Jeff Otah

Thats all we can carry.

Will Arnold was the pre-season favorite for Top G until his knee issues. I like him because he has size and is fairly quick. But right now top G can be anyone. We'll have to see, But I still think they'll re-sign Simmons and possibly Starks.. Meaning We don't need a starter right away, so get a developmental guy (Like Otah).

Capizzi is training for LT and has shown potential. Get Otah for RT/RG. Like I showed above.

As for Stewart. I love his potential.. but he should be hitting it now, injuries and seemingly lack of consistancy have hurt him. Though I think the other poster is right.. Slaton reminds me of a Weaker version of Willie Parker.

Smooth Criminal
08-09-2007, 08:56 AM
How exactlly do you have us getting two first rounders or is that just like a Plan A and Plan B?

Smooth Criminal
08-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Tomlin just said in the press conference that Parker and Faneca are both out for the game. He said Okobi and Timmons were both possible.

Davenport and Kemoeatu will get the starts. Colon and Mahan will also start. Haggans will start at LOLB. Which can only mean that Harrison will start at ROLB.

He didn't say anything about Smith or McFadden playing.

Mr. Stiller
08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Tomlin just said in the press conference that Parker and Faneca are both out for the game. He said Okobi and Timmons were both possible.

Davenport and Kemoeatu will get the starts. Colon and Mahan will also start. Haggans will start at LOLB. Which can only mean that Harrison will start at ROLB.

He didn't say anything about Smith or McFadden playing.

Smith is supposed to be starting every other game.

DeShea is likely starting.

Buckeyes
08-09-2007, 12:43 PM
I wish it was nationally televised :-(

Mr. Stiller
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I wish it was nationally televised :-(

Theres ways around that..

Sopcast.. Torrents.

Man_Of_Steel
08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Pitt vs GB will be on NFL N right?

Mr. Stiller
08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Pitt vs GB will be on NFL N right?

Isn't it Saturday? I'll check Tomorrow.

Hines
08-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Isn't it Saturday? I'll check Tomorrow.

its on the network on sunday i believe

Hines
08-09-2007, 05:06 PM
stiller there are more players that i like on the defencive side..one of them is malik jackson who played well last year..hes a little small for olb but i believe he can bulk up and get to the qb..and another player in the first iw oudl like to get is quinten groves,and i dont see him as a mcclover..if we dont get groves or blake in the first then either butler in the second or jackson in the 3rd-4th range

TerribleEd
08-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone. I've been away for the most part since the summer began, but I have been reading the posts again for the last week or so. Since Mr. Stiller brought the 2008 Steeler draft back into discussion mode, I figure I'll do my first mock of the year.

I am only giving the Steelers one pick per round. Everyone always comes up with these speculative ways that the Steelers can gather additional picks via trades, but come every draft day it never happens. If it didn't happen last year with Faneca, then there's even less of a chance it happens this year.

Round 1)

Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

The Steelers take their first 1st-Rd RB since Tim Worley. Stewart was hampered by nagging injuries last season and everyone is predicting him to have a monster year this season, so I can't wait to follow this guy. I like the youngster, Gary Russell, but it would be real nice to give the Steelers a real weapon back there to compliment Fast Willie. An inside banger at 230lbs, Stewart also has the jets to take it to the outside. I dig it.

Rd 2) Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vandy

Farrior's successor is currently not on the roster. It's not looking like Rian Wallace is the answer. Jonathan Goff has made this years pre-season first team all SEC team - coaches and players have nothing but great things to say about him. He's athletic - he's a ferocious hitter - he can cover - he's a good student academically (2 credits from Engineering Degree) - and he seems to have outstanding character and work ethic. I'll take that in the second round at a position of need!

Rd 3) Jason Williams, WR, Oregon

Steelers see alot of Williams while scouting Jonathan Stewart. The more they see, the more they like. At 6'5, 240 lbs, he is the big red zone threat that the team needs to compliment the likes of Holmes, Ward, Wilson, and Reid. He is only a junior this year so we'll see if he decides to come out or stay another year at Oregon.

Rd 4) Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry College

I don't even know where Newberry College is, but this guy seems to everyone's favorite small school sleeper at the position. He's 6'5, 330lbs, and has been timed at 4.92 in the forty. This may be a little late for the Steelers to be addressing OT in this draft, but unless they have a crappy year it seems most of the blue chip OT's will be gone early. Benedict would seem to have the flexibility to play either Right or Left Tackle. He only falls to day two because he plays in Division II.

Rd 4) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland

I think Scott Wright is correct that last years draft showed the beginnings of an eventual move to the 4-3, if only some of the time. I personally think they will try to get themselves in a position to use both defenses equally effectively. Dre Moore has the size to play inside in the 4-3 and has the speed to get to the QB from the interior.

Rd 5) Beau Bell, OLB, UNLV

The Steelers will need to add a 3-4 OLB this offseason should they lose either Haggans or Harrison. I personally think Lawrence Timmons will play OLB and not ILB, but even so they will still need depth. Beau Bell is the 5th best ranked pro prosect coming out of the MWC. He led UNLV in tackles last year despite missing 5 games to injury. He is adept at rushing the passer as well. At 6'3", 245 lbs he has good size.

5 Rounds is good enough for now!

Man_Of_Steel
08-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi Everyone. I've been away for the most part since the summer began, but I have been reading the posts again for the last week or so. Since Mr. Stiller brought the 2008 Steeler draft back into discussion mode, I figure I'll do my first mock of the year.

I am only giving the Steelers one pick per round. Everyone always comes up with these speculative ways that the Steelers can gather additional picks via trades, but come every draft day it never happens. If it didn't happen last year with Faneca, then there's even less of a chance it happens this year.

Round 1)

The Steelers take their first 1st-Rd RB since Tim Worley. Stewart was hampered by nagging injuries last season and everyone is predicting him to have a monster year this season, so I can't wait to follow this guy. I like the youngster, Gary Russell, but it would be real nice to give the Steelers a real weapon back there to compliment Fast Willie. An inside banger at 230lbs, Stewart also has the jets to take it to the outside. I dig it.

Farrior's successor is currently not on the roster. It's not looking like Rian Wallace is the answer. Jonathan Goff has made this years pre-season first team all SEC team - coaches and players have nothing but great things to say about him. He's athletic - he's a ferocious hitter - he can cover - he's a good student academically (2 credits from Engineering Degree) - and he seems to have outstanding character and work ethic. I'll take that in the second round at a position of need!

Steelers see alot of Williams while scouting Jonathan Stewart. The more they see, the more they like. At 6'5, 240 lbs, he is the big red zone threat that the team needs to compliment the likes of Holmes, Ward, Wilson, and Reid. He is only a junior this year so we'll see if he decides to come out or stay another year at Oregon.

I don't even know where Newberry College is, but this guy seems to everyone's favorite small school sleeper at the position. He's 6'5, 330lbs, and has been timed at 4.92 in the forty. This may be a little late for the Steelers to be addressing OT in this draft, but unless they have a crappy year it seems most of the blue chip OT's will be gone early. Benedict would seem to have the flexibility to play either Right or Left Tackle. He only falls to day two because he plays in Division II.

I think Scott Wright is correct that last years draft showed the beginnings of an eventual move to the 4-3, if only some of the time. I personally think they will try to get themselves in a position to use both defenses equally effectively. Dre Moore has the size to play inside in the 4-3 and has the speed to get to the QB from the interior.

The Steelers will need to add a 3-4 OLB this offseason should they lose either Haggans or Harrison. I personally think Lawrence Timmons will play OLB and not ILB, but even so they will still need depth. Beau Bell is the 5th best ranked pro prosect coming out of the MWC. He led UNLV in tackles last year despite missing 5 games to injury. He is adept at rushing the passer as well. At 6'3", 245 lbs he has good size.

I really like the first two picks.

Man_Of_Steel
08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/79593/

Our mascot has a name...Steely McBeam, wonder if he comes with a happy meal.

Smooth Criminal
08-09-2007, 10:18 PM
i hate the mascot. I hope he is only there for this year.

steelernation77
08-10-2007, 03:20 AM
True, he probably is better than Bing, but Bing couldn't cut it in a 4-3.

Unless we go to a fulltime 4-3, theres no way he'll play OLB for us, unless in dime situations and Special teams.. and you don't draft a OLB in the 2nd/3rd round for that situation only.

I've watched and read up on Talib. I like the guy, but I think Dwight Lowery is more of a Pittsburgh corner.

Hard Hitting, plays cushions often, zone corner and is a ballhawk is how i'd describe him. Thats exactly what we need out of our corners, we just don't have a great hands guy.

Why? Word has it we may re-sign Starks and Simmons. Simmons moves to LG to offset the loss of Faneca, Starks stays at RT and Colon slides in at RG(Where I think he's best suited). Then we add a guy like Otah who can literally (and has) played every position except maybe Center and your set. Starks screws up? We have a bigger faster Mauler on that right side then..

I don't think we can physically fit more OL..

They want to see Capizzi, Stephenson, Stapleton develop.. We already have Colon, Simmons, Starks, Smith and Mahan. Not to mention Phillip as well. I don't think "The sky is falling" for the OL yet.

LG: Alan Faneca -> Trai Essex
RG: Kendall Simmons -> Chris Kemoeatu
RT: Max Starks -> Willie Colon

Then(Post mock):

LG: Kendall Simmons -> Chris Kemoeatu
RG: Willie Colon -> Cameron Stephenson
RT: Max Starks -> Jeff Otah

Thats all we can carry.

Will Arnold was the pre-season favorite for Top G until his knee issues. I like him because he has size and is fairly quick. But right now top G can be anyone. We'll have to see, But I still think they'll re-sign Simmons and possibly Starks.. Meaning We don't need a starter right away, so get a developmental guy (Like Otah).

Capizzi is training for LT and has shown potential. Get Otah for RT/RG. Like I showed above.

As for Stewart. I love his potential.. but he should be hitting it now, injuries and seemingly lack of consistancy have hurt him. Though I think the other poster is right.. Slaton reminds me of a Weaker version of Willie Parker.

Its still alot to assume that an UDFA and a C who has shown nothing can be counted on as 2nd stringers. I know that Capizzi has shown ability, but in a draft stocked with LT talent, if a stud one is available, I think it would be hard to pass up. If Capizzi keeps growing he could be groomed as the replacement to Starks. Also, I think that center will be a need and we should take one eventually in the draft as a replacement for Mahan. I don't think that Marvin Philip is going to be the answer and I'm not sure Stapleton is more than an eventual depth guy. As for guards, if Stephenson shows the ability to be a starter and not just a quality backup, then we're OK. However, if we can get a quality guard in the first few rounds to push Simmons for a roster spot and potentially give us the ability to cut him, I'm for it. His play has been terribly inconsistent, as has the line's in general.

However, I can understand your sentiment to go LB in the first few rounds. A solid LB core is the soul of all Steeler defenses and I wouldn't be put off if they drafted two stud LBs. Still, I think that it might be more likely they can find a run stuffing ILB in the mid rounds ala Larry Foote. If Timmons is moving inside, we really just need a guy stout against the run to pair with his more dynamic play. I could see this scenario playing out down the road, and I could also see them keeping Timmons outside and drafting a replacement for Farrior. With Keisel moving around and doing different things, Woodley coming off the edge, and Haggans possibly resigning, they might feel like they have enough pass rushers (whether true or not).

I'm definitely someone who, like most Steeler fans, wants to see a strong O-line and a good front seven on D, so either way really works out for me. If they choose to address one more than the other this draft, than I hope they come back to the other the next. I think it'll just depend on where they're picking and how the prospects are rated.

Mr. Stiller
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Its still alot to assume that an UDFA and a C who has shown nothing can be counted on as 2nd stringers. I know that Capizzi has shown ability, but in a draft stocked with LT talent, if a stud one is available, I think it would be hard to pass up. If Capizzi keeps growing he could be groomed as the replacement to Starks. Also, I think that center will be a need and we should take one eventually in the draft as a replacement for Mahan. I don't think that Marvin Philip is going to be the answer and I'm not sure Stapleton is more than an eventual depth guy. As for guards, if Stephenson shows the ability to be a starter and not just a quality backup, then we're OK. However, if we can get a quality guard in the first few rounds to push Simmons for a roster spot and potentially give us the ability to cut him, I'm for it. His play has been terribly inconsistent, as has the line's in general.

However, I can understand your sentiment to go LB in the first few rounds. A solid LB core is the soul of all Steeler defenses and I wouldn't be put off if they drafted two stud LBs. Still, I think that it might be more likely they can find a run stuffing ILB in the mid rounds ala Larry Foote. If Timmons is moving inside, we really just need a guy stout against the run to pair with his more dynamic play. I could see this scenario playing out down the road, and I could also see them keeping Timmons outside and drafting a replacement for Farrior. With Keisel moving around and doing different things, Woodley coming off the edge, and Haggans possibly resigning, they might feel like they have enough pass rushers (whether true or not).

I'm definitely someone who, like most Steeler fans, wants to see a strong O-line and a good front seven on D, so either way really works out for me. If they choose to address one more than the other this draft, than I hope they come back to the other the next. I think it'll just depend on where they're picking and how the prospects are rated.

I agree full heartedly. But I also believe a top tier LILB and ROLB are needed. We've gotten by making mid round talent better.. I think it's time to really let LeBeau have fun for his last few years.

Like I said though.. I can't see us drafting more than maybe 2 OL. I doubt we go Center unless Mahan slides to LG becasue.. we signed him to a 4 year deal.. and a good bit of Change. Not to mention we have Colon, and with a good season, we could re-sign Starks/Simmons.

To be continued.

Hines
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM

Round 1)

i like bell,wiliams,moore,geoff,and stewert..if it ended like that i would like die of happiness

Hines
08-10-2007, 01:18 PM
im watching the hof game on the network now and my mom keeps on calilng santonio holmes, san antonio holmes

Man_Of_Steel
08-10-2007, 05:17 PM
im watching the hof game on the network now and my mom keeps on calilng santonio holmes, san antonio holmes

Your like the kid in the special class who is always a week behind.

Hines
08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Your like the kid in the special class who is always a week behind.

ya im sorry that i couldnt watch it on time and taht it was a reply so i watched it

my bad

Man_Of_Steel
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
ya im sorry that i couldnt watch it on time and taht it was a reply so i watched it

my bad

Easy dude I wasnt chirpin you, its just a pretty irrelevent post about a week old game and the only insight you had on it was how your mom pronounces a name.

terribletowel39
08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
i think someones rep is going to there head........who could it be??

Edit: You got me. Good one.

steelernation77
08-10-2007, 11:07 PM
what is it with all these steeler fans suddenly having rep?

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 12:52 AM
what is it with all these steeler fans suddenly having rep?
I don't know .. We suck.

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 01:09 AM

Round 1)

I'll be the first to admit I love Jon Stewart.. I just can't see it though. I know that Minnesota drafted Adrian Peterson.. but they didn't have a Pro-Bowl RB. Drafting an RB that high, even to take 25% of carries isn't going to bode well. Not just for Parker, but Stewart. He'll want more action. Not to mention that just because he's drafted in round 1.. he'll be making about 2-3M a year more than Parker.. that never makes anyone happy. I think they'll more than likely be happy with Parker and the Blue-Collar guys behind them.. Russell seems like he could develop into a solid #2 down the road.. Davis seems to be that Short Yardage FB/RB guy. Again I'm not bashing as I love Stewart.. I just can't see it.

I think First round is a LT, LG or LB.

Love it. I like this order.. Rey Maualuga(Bigger version of Troy), Jasper Brinkley (prototypical MLB), and then Goff. Goff in round 2 is perfect. I agree Wallace doesn't have it to be a Starter. I'm still curious about Timmons. I know your keeping him Outside. I just can't see it. I'd love Blake/Gholston round 1 and Goff Round 2 (Though unlikely we draft 4 LB's in the top 2 rounds 2 years straight.

I love Jaison Williams as well. He's on the top of my 2009 List. I think his issues is he just tends to be lazy. I think with a good season he could be a first rounder this year, or he'll stay for his senior year. I do like him though. Only other guys I'd consider at WR really are Earl Bennett and Derek Kinder. I'm looking for that Hines Ward Replica. That reliable go-to guy that never takes credit and is willing to put himself on the line. I haven't seen that out of Jaison yet. Though I'm not worried about a big 6'5 Red zone threat because frankly.. I think we'll be running 3-TE sets near the end zone. We don't necessarily need a 6'5 WR to go with our 6'5, 6'7 and 6'9 TE's (Miller, Spaeth, Boyd). If he shows more willingness I'm all for it though, especially in round 3.

I don't know how we have 2 4th rounders, however I'm a huge fan of Heath. He's this years Joe Staley for Me. I've talked to him and he's a great guy.. Ironically another Steeler fan. They actually think he can play LG and LT equally well. And I've read that the sky is the limit and a high floor on this kid. I'd grab him. Could you imagine in about 2-3 years having Capizzi and Benedict on the left side of our OL? 6'9 330lbs + 6'6 330lbs. Both very athletic and powerful with great agility. We'll be back to better than now days. I don't know why I skipped over Heath in my mock.. I'm ashamed.

I still don't see us going to the 3-4. Which is why I believe Timmons is a MLB. He's a guy that though lacks OLB size can be an efficient blitzer. I just think they'll love his coverage skills. Which is mainly why they drafted him. Once Farrior retires we have little to no cover backers. Timmons gives us that by being able to drop in coverage quick and because he's a violent run stuffing type. He also can line up anywhere like a Polamalu Rover. But I do like Moore. I think his versatility is like Jason Shirley.. 3-4 DE/NT and 4-3 DT. I think he'll give us utility depth and is a great pick.

I'm still from that old school of thought that says 3-4 OLB's should be undersized DE's or overly powerful/quick DE's. I like Beau. I still think his style would be better suited at ILB. He's playing ILB this year..

I like your picks.. I Will say though .. I think Heath Benedict will be a day 1 pick.. Because his size and speed.. not to mention rumor has it that he can do more reps than Blalock/Ramirez.. so FWIW.

Same with Bell I have him ranked as the #4 MLB behind Brinkley, Wheeler and Goff (Seniors)

Hines
08-11-2007, 01:18 AM
bobbie williams is a player that i like..even though he aint a need i would love for him to be on our team..seems like a ballhawk to me

Hines
08-11-2007, 01:22 AM
im goin to post my own personal mock every other week..maybe even one every month or two..

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 02:35 AM
My Counter Mock:

This is taking a deeper look at who I forgot, without outlandish trades and with my real interests in mind.

I still believe Timmons future lies at RILB. With that, we finally take a #1 pick for ROLB. And Blake is a monster. 6'3 260 he has Legit 4.4/4.5 speed, great explosion and power. He's a threat against the run game, pass rushing and he can also drop in coverage. I've seen TCU utilize him a lot of the same ways UNC/NC utilized Julius Peppers. For now we move Timmons inside to MAC, Slide Foote over to Buck. Keep adding some top tier talent.

2) Ezra Butler, OLB/ILB, Nevada

Butler is the perfect replacement for Farrior. Butler is the bigger/more powerful version of Timmons. Timmons is the speed/Explosion guy. Ezra is the quick, powerful guy. Butler will learn behind Foote for a season then take over Buck. Here's the great thing about our 4 new LB's. They're great in coverage, great against the run (Blake and Woodley are 2 of the best DE's against the run) and Butler/Timmons are great in coverage and making plays behind the line of scrimmage. Is anyone else excited? Butler and Timmons inside not only give us 2 punishing run pluggers, but 2 guys that make plays behind the LOS, and have pass rushing ability. Think Lebeau, and 4 LB's + 2 DL at any give time that can rush the passer. No QB could ever even guess where the blitz is coming.

3) Heath Benedict, LT/LG, Newberry(South Carolina, Ed ;))

Benedict is a freak. Literally. Gaither was all potential but lazy. Benedict is the blue-collar freak version as well. He isn't lazy, is amazingly fast, and powerful. I think Capizzi has future potential at LT, so I'm doing this solely on his ability to play Guard/RT. Benedict could come in, and work behind someone for a year (Colon?). What I'd eventually like to see is this:

Capizzi Takes Lt in 2 years.
Colon takes RG, he is squat, powerful and mean against DT's
Simmons resigned. He can play LG until Benedict is broken in.
Kemo is resigned. He can play Backup OG until someone else is ready.
Mahan Stays at Center until that dominant College C thats ready to be a 10-13 year fixture.

4) Derek Kinder, WR, Pittsburgh

Derek is a monster player for Pitt. He's not fast, but he's a hard worker, he is willing to sacrifice his body. He's that Hines Ward like Player I really want.

5) Jason Shirley, NT, Fresno State

Ed I know you like Dre Moore, but he's a 4th round talent. Though Shirley is nearly 30+lbs heavier, more powerful and they're identically quick/fast. Shirley is a great DL guy because he's a run plugger, can hold the point, and he can penetrate as well. For as much as Tomlin loved having the Williams' I think Hampton/Shirley will make a more devastating duo when we run our 4-3 sets.

6) Greyson Gunheim, DE/OLB, Washington

I absolutely love this kid (His picture is in my sig with my Fantasy Info). He's a beast. 6'2 252lbs, He's got legit 4.5/4.6 speed. He's played both OLB and DE at Washington. He knows how to get to the QB, He knows how to play great coverage and he's an absolute demon at run stopping. He's tough as nails. He's a guy that can come in hot or cold and make a game altering play. I think he'll provide great depth and if we do eventually go to a full-time 4-3. He's the perfect Tampa 2 DE Backup (Built Like Woodley).

7) Alexis Serna, K, Oregon State

I think Jeff Reed was good enough to make our great team just far enough, but frankly I don't think he's a guy I want to make a Gary Anderson like Career here. He's Nearly automatic from inside of the 40 yard line.. outside is a blind shot. Serna has one of the most accurate legs in the NCAA. He's got a powerful one as well. If he wins the Lou Groza award again this year, he's definitely worth taking. We'll have 2 of the most accurate powerful kickers in the NFL. With our new rekindled dedication to the special teams phase of the game.. Might as well upgrade the weakest place. Tired of never seeing the kickoff going near the endzone? Serna certainly has the leg for kickoffs.

And of course What good would one of my drafts look without UDFA's?

Mike Kokal, QB, Miami(OH)

Little Ben. Has a solid arm, great feet and solid pocket presence, could pick up from Ben easily.

Jalen Parmele, RB, Toledo

The RB we love in Pittsburgh. Runs a sub 4.5 has 6'0 220lbs of body to him. Played at Toledo so you know he's a good receiver. He also handles Kick/Punt returns. A win-win in my eyes. Why? Because he could eventually take over For Najeh, Building our all UDFA Backfield. He's just like Najeh, just not injury prone. A receiver, A pounder, a Kick returner, and a punt returner.. whats not to love.

Brad Listori, FB/H-back, Massachusetts

Could we strike gold with our Second New England Fullback in 10 years? Listori is a 6'4 250 lb TE for Umass. He's also being looked at as a fullback. He's a solid Receiver and even better blocker. If he shows potential, I'm never against adding more weapons on offense. Giving Ben a receiver from the Fullback position is something he doesn't have.

Mike Peterson, FB, Northwest Missouri State

In case the Listori project doesn't work we grab another kid. He's nearly as good as a receiver as Listori, but twice the runner. He's 6'2 250lbs and runs in the 4.6's who better to open lanes than a sledgehammer like this? He averages 6.2 yards a carry at NWMSU.

Mikey Henderson, WR/KR, Georgia

I think they'll want to relegate Reid to WR if he breaks out this season. I doubt they re-sign Ced Wilson and Washington is spotty at best. This way Reid can slide up to #3 as our deep stretch the field threat and we replace him with an equally dangerous SEC Returnman. Henderson doesn't get drafted because he provides little upside at WR. 5'8 170lbs, but he runs a 4.29 40' and averaged nearly 15 yards a punt return with 2 td's on 06 in the SEC.

Derek Uperesa, LT/RT, St. Francis(PA)

I live about 30 minutes from campus (In fact I know nearly the whole campus body) Uperesa is a 6'6 330lb LT/RT local boy. What would be more interesting than possibly having 2 UDFA Tackles that are local non-D1 boys.

Mike Martinez, C/OG/OT, New Mexico State

After Zierlein wanted Blalock last year for a Center conversion because of his stout and big frame... I think he may ask for a post-draft prospect to mold into that. Martinez is a big guy. Playing RT/C for NMSU the past 2 seasons. He can work on the PS for a year or 2 see if he develops into that smart/nasty powerful Center that Zierlein wants.

Ropati Pitoitua, DT, Washington State

Pitoitua is one of three humongous Defensive lineman that Washington State they had. First Mkristo Bruce last year. This year Pitoitua and Johnson are the massive DL. Pitoitua plays DE and DT. He's a 6'8 298lb. He has such powerful legs that he literally springboards the lineman backwards. Couldn't hurt for more competition right?

Aaron Johnson, DT, Washington State

Here's the other of the Massive Duo for WSU. Johnson is 6'6 315lbs. Imagine how scary our defense would be since we could go 3 deep at any position with Shirley at NT, and Johnson/Pitoitua at DE.

Marcus Dixon, DE/DT, Hampton

Here is a UDFA guy for John Mitchell to mold. He's played DE in a 4-3 for 4 years now. He's 6'5 298lbs. He's got 4.8 speed, NT power. With some work he could be a viable backup for our 3-4 or 4-3 DL.

Trevor Scott, DE/OLB, Buffalo

Former TE moved to DE. Scott has 4.6 speed. Even though he played at Buffalo, here's his stats;

45 Total Tackles, 13.5 TFL's, 9 Sacks, 1 PBU.

He's 6'5 255lbs. With us wanting to get younger and more talented at OLB.. Might as well add him. He'd certainly be an instant upgrade over Arnold Harrison or Marquis Cooper. With a year or 2 on the PS, the raw talent is there Keith Mitchell would love this kid. Imagine a faster, rawer Aaron Schobel.

Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida

Moffitt has raw talent. He's a good leader of South Florida. I think he could develop into a great ST leader and Replace Clint Kreidwaldt in a few years. Anything to upgrade our defense right?

Charles Godfrey, CB/FS, Iowa

Very raw Corner. Has 4.3 speed, played at a big 10 school. Could play a backup CB/FS role once developed. If he's here post season.

Wesley Woodard, SS/WLB, Kentucky

If we do run some Tampa 2 this kid could play some WLB. he's 6'2 225lbs. He had over 100 tackles last season. He's a ballhawk runs a sub 4.5 40' and IMO if we stick mainly 3-4 we could always slide him back to SS to challenge Mike Lorello for that #5 spot or possibly to take over when Carter eventually leaves.

Roster(Before first roster cuts, Post Mock):

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Mike Kokal
RB: Willie Parker -> Najeh Davenport -> Gary Russell -> Carey Davis -> Jalen Parmele
FB: John Kuhn -> Mike Peterson -> Brad Listori
WR1: Hines Ward -> Nate Washington
WR2: Santonio Holmes -> Derek Kinder
WR3: Willie Reid -> Eric Fowler/Dallas Baker -> Mikey Henderson
TE: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Cody Boyd -> Brad Listori
LT: Marvel Smith -> Jason Capizzi -> Heath Benedict
LG: Kendall Simmons -> Heath Benedict -> Chris Kemoeatu
OC: Sean Mahan -> Marvin Phillip -> Mike Martinez
RG: Willie Colon -> Chris Kemoeatu -> Cameron Stephenson
RT: Jason Capizzi -> Derek Uperesa -> Willie Colon

LDE: Aaron Smith -> Ryan McBean -> Aaron Johnson
NT: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke -> Jason Shirley
RDE: Brett Keisel -> Derrick Jones -> Ripati Pitoitua

LOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Greyson Gunheim
LILB: Larry Foote -> Ezra Butler
RILB: Lawrence Timmons -> Ben Moffitt
ROLB: Tommy Blake -> James Harrison -> Trevor Scott

CB1: Ike Taylor -> William *** -> Anthony Madison
CB2: DeShea Townsend -> Bryant McFadden -> Charles Godfrey

FS: Anthony Smith -> Ryan Clark -> Charles Godfrey
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter -> Wesley Woodard

K: Alexis Serna

Hines
08-11-2007, 10:47 AM
does anyone know if fox 970 is playing the game today on their site..

Hines
08-11-2007, 11:08 AM
but heres a little overview of what im looking at in the first three rounds...

round 1:Quinten Groves OLB Auburn/Gosder Cherlius OT Boston College

round 2:Jordan Grimes G Purdue/Shawn Crable OLB Michigan/Jonathon Geoff ILB Vandervilt

round 3:J Leman ILB Illinois/Kennan Burton WR Kentucky/Kirk Barton OT Ohio State/Chris Williams OT Vandivilt

and players i would like day 2:
Tracy Porter CB Indiana (love his numbers and believe he can be a gamer)
Marcus Monk WR Arkansas (love his size)
Maurice Purify WR Nebraska (same with monk)
John Sullivan C Notre Dame(while i believe he will be a day 1 pick,he could slide to us)
Beau Bell OLB New Mexico(i believe he will be a beast for us where we could move him inside)
Chris Ellis OLB Virgina Tech(he can get after the qb and hopefully he dont turn out like another Hokie tweener that we grabbed a few years ago)
Dre Moore DE Maryland (i really like his strength and i believe him and Mcbean could be solid players for us in the future)

that should be all for now

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I'll do a little break down.

round 1:Quinten Groves OLB Auburn

I don't like Groves purely because he doesn't play the run. I really look at him as a poor mans Joey Porter. Great in Coverage, Solid at Pass rushing, worthless against the run. Which is why I like Blake/Gholston.. they remind me of Suggs.. Great at all aspects of 3-4 ROLB. Possibly better in coverage though.

Gosder Cherlius OT Boston College

I really like Gosder, great guy. I don't think he's LT material. I think he'd be a great RT, but it's kind of early to take a RT in round 1 with our holes.

round 2:Jordan Grimes G Purdue

I think if they don't re-sign simmons/Kemo this is a great pick

Shawn Crable OLB Michigan

I like Crable as our version of Mike Vrabel. He's quick, big and powerful can play either outside or inside in a 3-4.

Jonathon Goff ILB Vanderbilt

I think Goff would be a solid ILB in our scheme.

round 3:J Leman ILB Illinois

Solid ILB. I don't know if he's top teir enough to replace Farrior

Kennan Burton WR Kentucky

I think we have enough smaller speedier WRs..He's a poor mans San Antonio Holmes. We could use a possession WR.

Kirk Barton OT Ohio State

Good RT if we don't re-sign Starks

Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

I like Williams, I want to see how well he does this year.

and players i would like day 2:
Tracy Porter CB Indiana (love his numbers and believe he can be a gamer)

I see Porter as a Day 1 Pick. 4.3 speed, at 5'11 180+lbs. He also is one of the best KR in the Big 10 (If not the best). He's too versatile to be a day 2 pick. He could be drafted day 1 just on his KR skills.

Marcus Monk WR Arkansas (love his size)

I think people get too hung up on WR "Size" We have 2 6'0 (Ward/Holmes) 2 5'10 guys (Ced/Reid), and Washington/Baker/Fowler all at 6'3. Not to mention 3 TE's that are all great receivers all 6'5 or above. I think we need a KR more than a Big "Red zone threat". I think Reid has a breakout year and earns #3 while Ced leaves after his contract up

Maurice Purify WR Nebraska (same with monk)

Maurice is in trouble with the law. I believe he's had 2 DUI's thus far. Not a Steeler player.

John Sullivan C Notre Dame(while i believe he will be a day 1 pick,he could slide to us)

I doubt we draft a center so early in Mahan's contract unless he seriously blows chunks.

Beau Bell OLB New Mexico(i believe he will be a beast for us where we could move him inside)

I doubt Bell falls to day 2. He's a very versatile ILB/OLB option with a great size/speed ratio (6'2 250 4.54)

Chris Ellis OLB Virgina Tech(he can get after the qb and hopefully he dont turn out like another Hokie tweener that we grabbed a few years ago)

Ellis will likely be a day 1 play on Workouts alone.. 6'5 260+lbs and a 4.6 40'. He's a complete player but has some issues. NYJ Might look at him early.

Dre Moore DE Maryland (i really like his strength and i believe him and Mcbean could be solid players for us in the future)

I Like Dre Moore as a 3-4 DE/NT and 4-3 DT prospect. All around player. I think Your selling Derrick JOnes Short though.

TitleTown088
08-11-2007, 04:04 PM
The Packers and Steelers have combined for 16 world championships, including eight Super Bowl victories.

Green Bay has a total of 21 Pro Football Hall of Famers, second most of any franchise. The 17 Steelers enshrined in Canton, Ohio, ranks fourth among NFL teams.

-It's not all about past glory for these two, however. Since the advent of free agency in 1993, the Packers own a share of the best W-L record in the NFL, with the Steelers not far behind in third.

-The two teams first met in 1933, when the Packers soundly defeated the Pittsburgh Pirates 47-0. They have since played 30 times, with the Packers holding an 18-13 all-time series advantage.

A Collision of NFL Titians.
Good luck tonight, chumps.

Hines
08-11-2007, 04:59 PM
A Collision of NFL Titians.
Good luck tonight, chumps.

i heard farve and ben might not play

Hines
08-11-2007, 05:01 PM
**** i cant listen to tonites game because of my moms bday

wth

TitleTown088
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
i heard farve and ben might not playLord Favre not start? Ha! I wish I could say the same for that sally Rothelsburger.

Smooth Criminal
08-11-2007, 08:14 PM
not impressed with the first half. Neither Davis or Russell got a carry. Defense looked good and the offense made some big plays but wernt effective. I want to see more out of our young backs before the end of this game. Hopefully well see our backup defense look good like the starters have so far.

Hines
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
dude lets cut st pierre and keep russell and davis

Smooth Criminal
08-11-2007, 09:29 PM
they havnt even given Davis a shot tonight. Russell has looked good though. The right side of the backup oline has looked horrible. Capizzi and Essex have been solid. St. Pierre has looked bad aswell. Backup defense needs to learn to tackle

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 09:30 PM
dude lets cut st pierre and keep russell and davis

We likely will.

Hines
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
william *** is bomb..madison will make a case to make the team as well..i have to follow the game on nfl but i will watch it tommarow

Smooth Criminal
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
verall I think the starters looked good and the backups looked bad. Batch, young, holmes, and russell had good nights. Starting defense looked great. Offense didn't look great but they made some good plays.

Backup defense needs to tackle better. Just about everyone looked like a bad tackler.

Mr. Stiller
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
My Counter Mock:

This is taking a deeper look at who I forgot, without outlandish trades and with my real interests in mind.

I still believe Timmons future lies at RILB. With that, we finally take a #1 pick for ROLB. And Blake is a monster. 6'3 260 he has Legit 4.4/4.5 speed, great explosion and power. He's a threat against the run game, pass rushing and he can also drop in coverage. I've seen TCU utilize him a lot of the same ways UNC/NC utilized Julius Peppers. For now we move Timmons inside to MAC, Slide Foote over to Buck. Keep adding some top tier talent.

2) Ezra Butler, OLB/ILB, Nevada

Butler is the perfect replacement for Farrior. Butler is the bigger/more powerful version of Timmons. Timmons is the speed/Explosion guy. Ezra is the quick, powerful guy. Butler will learn behind Foote for a season then take over Buck. Here's the great thing about our 4 new LB's. They're great in coverage, great against the run (Blake and Woodley are 2 of the best DE's against the run) and Butler/Timmons are great in coverage and making plays behind the line of scrimmage. Is anyone else excited? Butler and Timmons inside not only give us 2 punishing run pluggers, but 2 guys that make plays behind the LOS, and have pass rushing ability. Think Lebeau, and 4 LB's + 2 DL at any give time that can rush the passer. No QB could ever even guess where the blitz is coming.

3) Heath Benedict, LT/LG, Newberry(South Carolina, Ed ;))

Benedict is a freak. Literally. Gaither was all potential but lazy. Benedict is the blue-collar freak version as well. He isn't lazy, is amazingly fast, and powerful. I think Capizzi has future potential at LT, so I'm doing this solely on his ability to play Guard/RT. Benedict could come in, and work behind someone for a year (Colon?). What I'd eventually like to see is this:

Capizzi Takes Lt in 2 years.
Colon takes RG, he is squat, powerful and mean against DT's
Simmons resigned. He can play LG until Benedict is broken in.
Kemo is resigned. He can play Backup OG until someone else is ready.
Mahan Stays at Center until that dominant College C thats ready to be a 10-13 year fixture.

4) Derek Kinder, WR, Pittsburgh

Derek is a monster player for Pitt. He's not fast, but he's a hard worker, he is willing to sacrifice his body. He's that Hines Ward like Player I really want.

Ed I know you like Dre Moore, but he's a 4th round talent. Though Shirley is nearly 30+lbs heavier, more powerful and they're identically quick/fast. Shirley is a great DL guy because he's a run plugger, can hold the point, and he can penetrate as well. For as much as Tomlin loved having the Williams' I think Hampton/Shirley will make a more devastating duo when we run our 4-3 sets.

6) Greyson Gunheim, DE/OLB, Washington

I absolutely love this kid (His picture is in my sig with my Fantasy Info). He's a beast. 6'2 252lbs, He's got legit 4.5/4.6 speed. He's played both OLB and DE at Washington. He knows how to get to the QB, He knows how to play great coverage and he's an absolute demon at run stopping. He's tough as nails. He's a guy that can come in hot or cold and make a game altering play. I think he'll provide great depth and if we do eventually go to a full-time 4-3. He's the perfect Tampa 2 DE Backup (Built Like Woodley).

7) Alexis Serna, K, Oregon State

I think Jeff Reed was good enough to make our great team just far enough, but frankly I don't think he's a guy I want to make a Gary Anderson like Career here. He's Nearly automatic from inside of the 40 yard line.. outside is a blind shot. Serna has one of the most accurate legs in the NCAA. He's got a powerful one as well. If he wins the Lou Groza award again this year, he's definitely worth taking. We'll have 2 of the most accurate powerful kickers in the NFL. With our new rekindled dedication to the special teams phase of the game.. Might as well upgrade the weakest place. Tired of never seeing the kickoff going near the endzone? Serna certainly has the leg for kickoffs.

And of course What good would one of my drafts look without UDFA's?

Mike Kokal, QB, Miami(OH)

Little Ben. Has a solid arm, great feet and solid pocket presence, could pick up from Ben easily.

Jalen Parmele, RB, Toledo

The RB we love in Pittsburgh. Runs a sub 4.5 has 6'0 220lbs of body to him. Played at Toledo so you know he's a good receiver. He also handles Kick/Punt returns. A win-win in my eyes. Why? Because he could eventually take over For Najeh, Building our all UDFA Backfield. He's just like Najeh, just not injury prone. A receiver, A pounder, a Kick returner, and a punt returner.. whats not to love.

Brad Listori, FB/H-back, Massachusetts

Could we strike gold with our Second New England Fullback in 10 years? Listori is a 6'4 250 lb TE for Umass. He's also being looked at as a fullback. He's a solid Receiver and even better blocker. If he shows potential, I'm never against adding more weapons on offense. Giving Ben a receiver from the Fullback position is something he doesn't have.

Mike Peterson, FB, Northwest Missouri State

In case the Listori project doesn't work we grab another kid. He's nearly as good as a receiver as Listori, but twice the runner. He's 6'2 250lbs and runs in the 4.6's who better to open lanes than a sledgehammer like this? He averages 6.2 yards a carry at NWMSU.

Mikey Henderson, WR/KR, Georgia

I think they'll want to relegate Reid to WR if he breaks out this season. I doubt they re-sign Ced Wilson and Washington is spotty at best. This way Reid can slide up to #3 as our deep stretch the field threat and we replace him with an equally dangerous SEC Returnman. Henderson doesn't get drafted because he provides little upside at WR. 5'8 170lbs, but he runs a 4.29 40' and averaged nearly 15 yards a punt return with 2 td's on 06 in the SEC.

Derek Uperesa, LT/RT, St. Francis(PA)

I live about 30 minutes from campus (In fact I know nearly the whole campus body) Uperesa is a 6'6 330lb LT/RT local boy. What would be more interesting than possibly having 2 UDFA Tackles that are local non-D1 boys.

Mike Martinez, C/OG/OT, New Mexico State

After Zierlein wanted Blalock last year for a Center conversion because of his stout and big frame... I think he may ask for a post-draft prospect to mold into that. Martinez is a big guy. Playing RT/C for NMSU the past 2 seasons. He can work on the PS for a year or 2 see if he develops into that smart/nasty powerful Center that Zierlein wants.

Ropati Pitoitua, DT, Washington State

Pitoitua is one of three humongous Defensive lineman that Washington State they had. First Mkristo Bruce last year. This year Pitoitua and Johnson are the massive DL. Pitoitua plays DE and DT. He's a 6'8 298lb. He has such powerful legs that he literally springboards the lineman backwards. Couldn't hurt for more competition right?

Aaron Johnson, DT, Washington State

Here's the other of the Massive Duo for WSU. Johnson is 6'6 315lbs. Imagine how scary our defense would be since we could go 3 deep at any position with Shirley at NT, and Johnson/Pitoitua at DE.

Marcus Dixon, DE/DT, Hampton

Here is a UDFA guy for John Mitchell to mold. He's played DE in a 4-3 for 4 years now. He's 6'5 298lbs. He's got 4.8 speed, NT power. With some work he could be a viable backup for our 3-4 or 4-3 DL.

Trevor Scott, DE/OLB, Buffalo

Former TE moved to DE. Scott has 4.6 speed. Even though he played at Buffalo, here's his stats;

45 Total Tackles, 13.5 TFL's, 9 Sacks, 1 PBU.

He's 6'5 255lbs. With us wanting to get younger and more talented at OLB.. Might as well add him. He'd certainly be an instant upgrade over Arnold Harrison or Marquis Cooper. With a year or 2 on the PS, the raw talent is there Keith Mitchell would love this kid. Imagine a faster, rawer Aaron Schobel.

Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida

Moffitt has raw talent. He's a good leader of South Florida. I think he could develop into a great ST leader and Replace Clint Kreidwaldt in a few years. Anything to upgrade our defense right?

Charles Godfrey, CB/FS, Iowa

Very raw Corner. Has 4.3 speed, played at a big 10 school. Could play a backup CB/FS role once developed. If he's here post season.

Wesley Woodard, SS/WLB, Kentucky

If we do run some Tampa 2 this kid could play some WLB. he's 6'2 225lbs. He had over 100 tackles last season. He's a ballhawk runs a sub 4.5 40' and IMO if we stick mainly 3-4 we could always slide him back to SS to challenge Mike Lorello for that #5 spot or possibly to take over when Carter eventually leaves.

Roster(Before first roster cuts, Post Mock):

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Mike Kokal
RB: Willie Parker -> Najeh Davenport -> Gary Russell -> Carey Davis -> Jalen Parmele
FB: John Kuhn -> Mike Peterson -> Brad Listori
WR1: Hines Ward -> Nate Washington
WR2: Santonio Holmes -> Derek Kinder
WR3: Willie Reid -> Eric Fowler/Dallas Baker -> Mikey Henderson
TE: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Cody Boyd -> Brad Listori
LT: Marvel Smith -> Jason Capizzi -> Heath Benedict
LG: Kendall Simmons -> Heath Benedict -> Chris Kemoeatu
OC: Sean Mahan -> Marvin Phillip -> Mike Martinez
RG: Willie Colon -> Chris Kemoeatu -> Cameron Stephenson
RT: Jason Capizzi -> Derek Uperesa -> Willie Colon

LDE: Aaron Smith -> Ryan McBean -> Aaron Johnson
NT: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke -> Jason Shirley
RDE: Brett Keisel -> Derrick Jones -> Ripati Pitoitua

LOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Greyson Gunheim
LILB: Larry Foote -> Ezra Butler
RILB: Lawrence Timmons -> Ben Moffitt
ROLB: Tommy Blake -> James Harrison -> Trevor Scott

CB1: Ike Taylor -> William *** -> Anthony Madison
CB2: DeShea Townsend -> Bryant McFadden -> Charles Godfrey

FS: Anthony Smith -> Ryan Clark -> Charles Godfrey
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter -> Wesley Woodard

K: Alexis Serna

any opinions?

Hines
08-12-2007, 10:20 AM
any opinions?

i believe its well done as always...even though for some reason i like groves a little more then blake but i wouldnt complain with blake..

but anyways,i believe fowler is not gonna make the team..baker might go on the ps and young will make the squad

i see bsp getting cut,randall making the ps as insurance

haynes and barlow cut for davis and russell and croom making the ps

fowler cut and baker put on ps

*** and madison makes the team which puts jovon johnson either cut or ps
ricardo cut

and i believe that smith and clark will get equal playing time during the year if tomlin or lebeau cant make a decision but i see smith starting

Hines
08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
stiller i know your gonna be sad but kinder is out for the year after tearing his acl

Mr. Stiller
08-12-2007, 11:21 PM
stiller i know your gonna be sad but kinder is out for the year after tearing his acl

Yea I was watching New Zealand vs. USA womens soccer today and I saw that on the ESPN Bottomline.. I was pissed.

I have to find a new WR fixation now.

It's looking like Mark Bradford of Stanford or Josh Morgan of Virginia Tech.

Bradford the more accomplished player stats-wise or Morgan the stronger, freakier versatile threat... I'm leaning Morgan.

Hines
08-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Yea I was watching New Zealand vs. USA womens soccer today and I saw that on the ESPN Bottomline.. I was pissed.

I have to find a new WR fixation now.

It's looking like Mark Bradford of Stanford.

or kennan barton =)

oh how do u like my roster breakdown as corners and recievers go

Mr. Stiller
08-13-2007, 12:39 AM
or kennan barton =)

oh how do u like my roster breakdown as corners and recievers go

Pretty good..

I think *** and Madison Make it.

I honestly think if Coke plays like he did last night the rest of the pre-season it's going to be hard to cut him.

WR's.. I don't think Fowler gets cut. He had 2 catches last night while Baker has done nearly nothing. I'm going off memory at 1:33 AM so bear with me.

As for the draft.. I'm going to put up a Poll for each round.

I'm debating a few guys in each round:

1:

Vernon Gholston or Tommy Blake. That type of thing.

I think Blake = a better version of Ware while Gholston could be a carbon copy of Merriman. I'll have to see more this season (Gholston managed a beastly 75 Tackles, 15 TFLs and 8 Sacks last season.)

Blake:

54 Tackles, 16.5 TFL, 7 Sacks

I don't think we can go wrong either way. Though as much as I like blake I'm leaning Gholston.

I see you like Graves. I think Graves would make a great 4-3 WLB.. I just don't think he's a complete enough DE or OLB to take in round 1 for a 3-4. He doesn't have the strength to hold up against the run game. He's probably going to be the best coverage tweener in the draft. And might get drafted as the #1 OLB in a 4-3 alignment. I just really don't think he fits what we want. He does get sacks in the SEC and you gotta give him credit... Again, I just think Blake or Gholston can be complete Monster DE/OLB's (Suggs/Merriman/Ware) where as Graves reminds me of Porter.. Great in coverage, struggles with NFL LT's, though I think Porter is way better against the run game than Groves.

As for Keenan Burton. I'd love to add him, except I doubt he falls to round 4. I don't see WR as a Day 1 need, but if Burton is there in round 4 it's a no brainer. A great SEC WR with KR ability and his size/speed ratio? Yea. But he'll be a 1st-2nd round pick with a solid Senior Season.

Hines
08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
found this interesting

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_522028.html

steelernation77
08-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Timmons is back on the field

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07226/809275-66.stmv

MoMoney717
08-14-2007, 02:51 AM
I live in the Bay Area and Mark Bradford is a baller... No doubt in my mind he will be a steal next year

Smooth Criminal
08-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Getting Tikmons back on the field is a great thing. He still jhas plenty of time to get ready for the season as long as he doesnt get another set back in his injury.

Mr. Stiller
08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
This is my last mock.. I swear. I took everyones opinions in line and inserted what I think is the best draft.

1) Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State:
http://media.theinsiders.com/media/image/35/352082.jpg
We need that premier Weakside rusher. Timmons isn't it. If we go 4-3, this is still ok because Gholston has the size/power/speed to hold up in a 4-3 DE position. Not to mention he played the Leo position for OSU for 3 years now. It's basically a DE/OLB quick switcher.. Sometimes he'll drop, sometimes he'll rush. I think this kid could have a Merriman like Sack total. He's a lot faster than Merriman, already more experience in the coverage role. He is a demon against the run totaling 18+ TFL's last season alone. Here's our demon ROLB.

2) Heath Benedict, OG/OT, Newberry(SC)
http://newberryindians.athleticsite.com/images/heathbenedict.jpg
Heath is a small school guy, but he's a big show player. He's 6'6, 330lbs and he's been timed at under 5 seconds in the 40 yard dash. He's a great pass blocker, and even more devastating in the run game. He's a rare athlete and we add him to work behind someone at LG for a season. He's got LG written all over him. Put him next to Capizzi and we have a 10 year plan on the left side of the line.

3) Jeff Otah, OG/RT, Pittsburgh
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/JEFFOTAH1_20150.JPG
Otah was the starting LT Last season. He has the LT feet, but he's a tad slow for LT in the pro game. Not to mention we also have Capizzi. We need a Mauler that can actually pass block on the right side. With Starks not likely to be resigned, Otah might actually come in and win the starting job as a rookie. Then Zierlein and Tomlin can decide whether Colon or Otah should be RG/RT or RT/RG. Good problem to have.

4) Darnell Terrell, CB, Missouri
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/804187.jpeg
Darnell is a rare athlete. He's 6'2 200lbs and runs a 4.3 40'. He's not afraid to play the run game. He's very intelligent. He's humble. I think if Bryant McFadden cant' pull the starter job this year we grab Terell here, have him earn a spot for a season then work him in. He could be an elite corner if his intangibles meet up with his potential.

6) Greyson Gunheim, DE/OLB, Washington http://www.maxwaugh.com/images/cal04/gunheim.jpg

7) Alexis Serna, K, Oregon State http://media.scout.com/media/image/37/371621.jpg

Hines
08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
i really like that draft

but stiller do u have any pics of the rookies of this year

Mr. Stiller
08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
i really like that draft

but stiller do u have any pics of the rookies of this year

I love that draft.

Anyone in Paticular?

Hines
08-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I love that draft.

Anyone in Paticular?

particually the udfas

Mr. Stiller
08-15-2007, 11:17 PM
particually the udfas

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/13/05/07_GB_Steely_McBeam2_79900.jpg

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/11/20/07_GB_00001_79822.jpg

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/11/20/4th__4_79812.jpg

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/15/17/TC_081507_Lebeau_Timmons_80007.jpg

steel man
08-16-2007, 04:04 PM
you can tell by my sig who i want
do you guys not like him or do you think we would have to give to much up to get him because if we win the number of games i think we will then we will be in the bottom of the draft and he will go in the top part of the draft.

Hines
08-16-2007, 08:16 PM
i had a dream that we cut lawrence timmons
haha

Mr. Stiller
08-16-2007, 09:36 PM
you can tell by my sig who i want
do you guys not like him or do you think we would have to give to much up to get him because if we win the number of games i think we will then we will be in the bottom of the draft and he will go in the top part of the draft.

If he doesn't stay for his senior Season.. I really don't want him..

We need a powerful run plugger.. he would do the same thing timmons will do.. QB the defense and play great pass coverage.. Laurinaitis is a tad away from being a great block shedder.

Sniper
08-16-2007, 11:29 PM
If he doesn't stay for his senior Season.. I really don't want him..

We need a powerful run plugger.. he would do the same thing timmons will do.. QB the defense and play great pass coverage.. Laurinaitis is a tad away from being a great block shedder.

A tad would be putting it mildly.

PittPete
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Unless Laurinaitis shows real improvement this year I wouldn't want him at all. He totally disappeared against Michigan and florida and doesnt seem to be the smartest lb. Nobody mentions Dan Connor who is probably as good as anyone. (Ok last year I pushed for Poz so you can guess I'm bigt on PSU backers). I'm usually big on OSU too, from cousineau to hawk but Laurinaitis just doesn't impress me.

Mr. Stiller
08-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Unless Laurinaitis shows real improvement this year I wouldn't want him at all. He totally disappeared against Michigan and florida and doesnt seem to be the smartest lb. Nobody mentions Dan Connor who is probably as good as anyone. (Ok last year I pushed for Poz so you can guess I'm bigt on PSU backers). I'm usually big on OSU too, from cousineau to hawk but Laurinaitis just doesn't impress me.

Maualuga or Ezra Butler for LILB for me.

They both have the ability to be dynamic, powerful run stoppers, and Interior pass rushers.

Hines
08-17-2007, 10:49 PM
i miss joey :(

Buckeyes
08-17-2007, 11:27 PM
You guys know how I would feel if Laurinaitis was chosen by the steelers. I think he reminds people of AJ Hawk. He is very fast and can stop the run. But I'd like to see him stay with the Bucks for two more years

Sniper
08-17-2007, 11:52 PM
You guys know how I would feel if Laurinaitis was chosen by the steelers. I think he reminds people of AJ Hawk. He is very fast and can stop the run. But I'd like to see him stay with the Bucks for two more years

Yeah but before Laurinaitis plays in the NFL, he should probably learn to shed a block once a year. He gets way too much love for the 5 picks last year, most of which fell in his lap.

skarocksoi
08-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Uh-oh, we've got Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State fans all on here. How will we ever get along?

Hines
08-18-2007, 12:23 PM
im a lion fan
haha

Mr. Stiller
08-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Uh-oh, we've got Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State fans all on here. How will we ever get along?

I really don't follow a college team.

I just follow college football to find the great future steelers.

steelernation77
08-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I really don't follow a college team.

I just follow college football to find the great future steelers.

I'm sort of the same way but I'm attending the University of Iowa this year so I'll be at every Hawkeye home game and maybe the Wisconsin game. I'm learning to bleed black and gold on saturdays as well as sundays.

skarocksoi
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I didn't really watch much of the game, but what did everyone think? From the brief portions that I saw, the O-line is a little troubling, but some of our rookies are looking really good, specifically G-A-Y and Woodley.

Smooth Criminal
08-18-2007, 11:10 PM
didnt get to see the game. Did timmons play? Anyone really stand out cause all I have to go by is the stat sheet.

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 11:14 PM
So how does it feel knowing you guys gotta play the amazing Brady Quinn two games a year for the next...well, long while?

Smooth Criminal
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
So how does it feel knowing you guys gotta play the amazing Brady Quinn two games a year for the next...well, long while?

how many times have the browns taken top rated qbs and had them turn into nothing?

How many times have the steelers beaten the browns in a row?

Sorry not scarred of a guy that has played one preseason game for a team that we have owned.

Come back when you make the playoffs.

BrownsTown
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
how many times have the browns taken top rated qbs and had them turn into nothing?

How many times have the steelers beaten the browns in a row?

Sorry not scarred of a guy that has played one preseason game for a team that we have owned.

Come back when you make the playoffs.

C'mon, you know he's the reincarnation of Jesus.

brat316
08-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Quinn is not even going to start the season he might finish it, and then after playing 2 reg. season games, he will see what he really took over.

BrownsTown
08-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Quinn is not even going to start the season he might finish it, and then after playing 2 reg. season games, he will see what he really took over.

Jesus turned water into wine. Quinn can turn suck into suck less.

MoMoney717
08-19-2007, 02:58 AM
I hope Quinn starts day 1... his first game against our brand new defensive scheme...

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
C'mon, you know he's the reincarnation of Jesus.

he played against the lions third and fourth teamers. Their starters arnt even good.

How I hope he starts week 1 so I can go and see him get killed by our defense that i can assure you will put more presure on him than the lions practice dummies.

skarocksoi
08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
In the immortal words of Clubber Lang,

" My prediction? Pain."

steelernation77
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Thoughts on the game (I was able to watch the 1st half on sopcast):

The starting secondary performed very poorly. It was the same story we've seen hundreds of times. We we're getting pressure on the quarterback on third down, and he was simply staring down the rush and throwing quick out patterns to wide open receivers. I saw McFadden get beat a couple times.

The oline had no cohesion whatsoever. Guys were getting off the snap at completely different times. Essex looked terrible. He fell on his butt one time in pass protection. Starks was no better.

The punting team was outstanding. Sepulveda at one point hit a 50 yard punt that hit about a yard inside the sideline and then bounced out before it could be fielded. It was picture perfect.

The punt return team needs some work. Their punter was pretty good, but there still were guys back there too fast.

Timmons played some snaps. I saw one play where one of the other backers had to point out where he needed to be and he just got there before the snap. After Sopcast went down and I listened to it on the radio over the internet, they were saying that near the end of the game, Timmons lined up in man coverage against a WR and was bumping him at the line and running stride for stride with him.

mikehop05
08-19-2007, 08:50 PM
watched the game.

am worried.

'nuff said.

skarocksoi
08-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I didnt get to see the beginning of the game. Who was starting along the O-line. Thats probably my biggest concern as of right now, and I'd like to know who was out there. I thought the line looked alright in the Hall of Fame game, but I haven't been able to see the last two games to judge that.

Smooth Criminal
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Way to early to be worried about what you see. Wait until we actually get a full starting lineup and a gameplan before you give up on the season.

Mr. Stiller
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Way to early to be worried about what you see. Wait until we actually get a full starting lineup and a gameplan before you give up on the season.

Exactly.. Marvel Smith wasn't starting.

Wait till we beat up on the Brownies.

mikehop05
08-20-2007, 11:18 AM

only person not starting was marvel smith...

we havnt been able to successfully run the ball against teams yet

Mr. Stiller
08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
only person not starting was marvel smith...

we havnt been able to successfully run the ball against teams yet

I don't think we're really running Arians offense. Everything I saw was claiming "Vanilla Whiz"

Man_Of_Steel
08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
A little off topic but why dosent Scott have Malcolm Jenkings and Justin King in his rankings? Both are likley first rounders.

DeathbyStat
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
A little off topic but why dosent Scott have Malcolm Jenkings and Justin King in his rankings? Both are likley first rounders.

Because there Juniors and they might not come out

DeathbyStat
08-20-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't think we're really running Arians offense. Everything I saw was claiming "Vanilla Whiz"

that exactley what i thought watching the Washington game.....the one drive with the 2 hand offs and the screen pass on third down reeked of the Cowher era.

brat316
08-20-2007, 07:14 PM
anyone play madden 08, why does Ben labeled as a scrambling qb, even worse in HOF mode, he actually runs like he is vick, he gets the snap, then gets sacked and bring my rating down, instead of waiting for someone to get open.

skarocksoi
08-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Speaking of Madden, how is the new one, and what system do you have it for? Last years didn't really go over well on me, and I'm wondering if I should get this years or wait.

brat316
08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
i rented for xbox right now im getting 360 when they change the chip size, first 2 games to get is NCAA and Madden its not bad, i dont love it dont hate it, last madden i had was 06, so right now it doesnt seem that much of an upgrade, except players run smother, but game speed is not that fast, but its xbox. u get some new feathers makes it better. but then some things just suck for it

mikehop05
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Speaking of Madden, how is the new one, and what system do you have it for? Last years didn't really go over well on me, and I'm wondering if I should get this years or wait.

on 360 its amazing

Mr. Stiller
08-20-2007, 08:52 PM
that exactley what i thought watching the Washington game.....the one drive with the 2 hand offs and the screen pass on third down reeked of the Cowher era.

Draw to Verron Haynes... In the mortal words of Dark Helmet.. "Only one man I know has the nerve to use the draw to Verron Haynes... Bill Cowher"

Hines
08-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Running backs Gary Russell and Carey Davis are making "strong bids" for a roster spot with the Steelers, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Russell might be more likely to land on the practice squad, but Davis has stepped up and could push Kevan Barlow and/or Verron Haynes off the club.

oh and i also read somewhere taht colon will be our starter at rt

dont know if its true or not

mikehop05
08-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Running backs Gary Russell and Carey Davis are making "strong bids" for a roster spot with the Steelers, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Russell might be more likely to land on the practice squad, but Davis has stepped up and could push Kevan Barlow and/or Verron Haynes off the club.

oh and i also read somewhere taht colon will be our starter at rt

dont know if its true or not

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07233/810972-66.stm

thats what is speculated there

Man_Of_Steel
08-21-2007, 10:12 AM

Because there Juniors and they might not come out

There is a junior section beneath the seniors.

Man_Of_Steel
08-21-2007, 10:15 AM

As everyone knows I was pumped for it but this years version is horriable, I played it on both 360 and PS3 at my buddies houses and it was terrible, they need desperatly to get a next-gen engine in instead of using a current-gen engine in a next-gen game. First time I'm skipping Madden in a while.

steel man
08-21-2007, 10:23 AM
i thought this was something you guys might like to see. look at the passing att. we must be working on the passing game because we are one of the teams with the most passing att. and the sad part is look at the sack to play ratio. ours is one of the worst.

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d8019ca63&template=with-video&confirm=true

mikehop05
08-21-2007, 10:33 AM
As everyone knows I was pumped for it but this years version is horriable, I played it on both 360 and PS3 at my buddies houses and it was terrible, they need desperatly to get a next-gen engine in instead of using a current-gen engine in a next-gen game. First time I'm skipping Madden in a while.

i truely disagree, on the 360 its an entirely new game from last year on the 360

Man_Of_Steel
08-21-2007, 10:47 AM
i truely disagree, on the 360 its an entirely new game from last year on the 360

No its the exact same game with added features such as hitstick 2.0, midair collisions, less mario running, quick twitch gameplay response. Which BTW should have been put in 3 years ago.

Bringing back the quick twich gameplay is great but it dosent play well with the half assed engine. The game has so many bugs that even G4 Tech TV called it an abismal attempt, all flash and no foundation.

Alot is missing and with not being able to change positions and every edit effecting players contracts for some strange reason franchise mode is a bust. Still 0 presentation and the gameplay is full of bugs, players look like their running in quick sand due to EA being way too lazy not making a next-gen engine. The lack of competition with 2K unable to make a NFL game has really hurt the quality of Madden.

Smooth Criminal
08-21-2007, 11:55 AM
There is a junior section beneath the seniors.

He said he doesn't like to include alot of juniors this early. He only includes the ones he thinks are the top prospects in the entire draft.

Smooth Criminal
08-21-2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07233/810972-66.stm

thats what is speculated there

I really want Russell and Davis to both make this team. Haynes and Barlow have done nothing in the preseason and Russell and Davis have looked impressive. They both look like they could be good depth.

And I would love to see Colon the starter. He looked very good at the end of the season last year and Starks has been very inconsistent in his two seasons as the starter. One week he can shut down Julius Peppers but the next he gets beat for 4 sacks by Derrick Burgess. If Starks can become more consistent I think he could be a solid starter but he has to many bad games for me to want to leave him in there.

mikehop05
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
I really want Russell and Davis to both make this team. Haynes and Barlow have done nothing in the preseason and Russell and Davis have looked impressive. They both look like they could be good depth.

And I would love to see Colon the starter. He looked very good at the end of the season last year and Starks has been very inconsistent in his two seasons as the starter. One week he can shut down Julius Peppers but the next he gets beat for 4 sacks by Derrick Burgess. If Starks can become more consistent I think he could be a solid starter but he has to many bad games for me to want to leave him in there.

i agree... especially with willie learning the protections better and becomming a 3rd down back, there is no point in having haynes anymore, since thats pretty much all he did for us

brat316
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
I think the reason they make keep Hayes is because they are trying to get ride of FB, and Hayes can play some FB, and HB, so he wouldn't take up a waste of roster space on game day. But yeah I would rather have Russel and Davis, they have done way better then Barlow and Hayes.

mikehop05
08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I think the reason they make keep Hayes is because they are trying to get ride of FB, and Hayes can play some FB, and HB, so he wouldn't take up a waste of roster space on game day. But yeah I would rather have Russel and Davis, they have done way better then Barlow and Hayes.

no thats john kuhn or carey davis... i wouldnt want haynes leading me through the hole

Man_Of_Steel
08-21-2007, 02:16 PM

Not much you put there makes sense. Kuhn or even Davis are better options if you want a llook like that but getting rid of Dan Krieder would be horrible and I dont know why you would want that.

brat316
08-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I dont want that but that is what Ariens said, i forget where i read that, he wants to be kind of like the Colts who dont really use a FB, and where they can save a roster spot, by having a TE or Rb play 2 roles. I think thats crazy for a team that runs the ball, and Krieder is one of the best blockers.

Smooth Criminal
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Haynes wouldn't be our best backup fullback anyway. I know I would rather have Davis blocking for me than I would Haynes.

skarocksoi
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I think he means having Haynes as an H-back/RB role. I think Haynes would be better at catching and pass protection moreso than Davis, but I'd like us to just keep Krieder and expand his role more. I think he could do it if the let him try.

Davis would be a great RB/FB backup who could block and/or come in for short yardage situations. And I'm hoping Russell makes the team because if he goes to the ps don't other teams have a shot at picking him up? If so, I can't imagine a team not stealing him from us if given the opportunity, especially the way he has been playing this preseason.

Smooth Criminal
08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
If we put him on the ps other teams can take him but they have to put him on their 53 man roster if they take him. Plus we can always put him on our roster when someone else tries to claim him.

And Krieder is absolutley horrible at catching the ball. You can't expand the FB job if he is the guy playing it.

Mr. Stiller
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
If we put him on the ps other teams can take him but they have to put him on their 53 man roster if they take him. Plus we can always put him on our roster when someone else tries to claim him.

And Krieder is absolutley horrible at catching the ball. You can't expand the FB job if he is the guy playing it.

He has to clear waivers first before the PS.

Personally I carry 5:

Parker ~ Davenport ~ Davis ~ Russell and Kreider.

Everybody wins.. put Davis at FB to give Kreider a break and then we can run some full-back Routes and dives.

terribletowel39
08-21-2007, 06:54 PM
i agree with carrying five of them. its really only one true FB and the rest are badasses. as long as parker and najeh are on the team i'm okay really though. (fantasy football)

Man_Of_Steel
08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I hate Najeh Davenport, not as much as Carter but I really dont like him. I want Parker, Davis, Russell, Krieder. Not likley to happen but to me its the ideal.

Mr. Stiller
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
i agree with carrying five of them. its really only one true FB and the rest are badasses. as long as parker and najeh are on the team i'm okay really though. (fantasy football)

I still think we can improve on Najeh..

Either Russell will emerge or possibly a guy like Jerome Felton of Furman or Peyton Hillis of Arkansas.

I like Hillis 6'2 230lbs. 4.52 40'.. He's got it all, except like Najeh he had to slide to FB to get time because of the Elite RB's the school has.

Hillis could be an upgrade to Najeh.. Faster, more powerful.. about even as a receiver. I'm guessing he's on the same or better plane as a blocker.

Man_Of_Steel
08-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I still think we can improve on Najeh..

Either Russell will emerge or possibly a guy like Jerome Felton of Furman or Peyton Hillis of Arkansas.

I like Hillis 6'2 230lbs. 4.52 40'.. He's got it all, except like Najeh he had to slide to FB to get time because of the Elite RB's the school has.

Hillis could be an upgrade to Najeh.. Faster, more powerful.. about even as a receiver. I'm guessing he's on the same or better plane as a blocker.

Whats going on with your boy Jackie Battle, hows he doing?

Mr. Stiller
08-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Whats going on with your boy Jackie Battle, hows he doing?

i haven't heard much about him from Dallas.

Am I still disappointed? Yeah, Though I think Russell is better than Battle.. I think Battle may of had the edge over Carey Davis.

Though.. I did get some of my UDFA guys..

Russell, Fowler, Jones, Mosley, Capizzi..

I still think we missed big on Cullen Finnerty.

Mr. Stiller
08-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Also,

Guys if you have a question about guys at a position.. or a who might be available at "X" position in "Y" round.. Lemme know. I'll try to answer those questions.. I'm not a draft Analyst for a major site, but you guys have seen my info.. I can prepare and explain well.

brat316
08-21-2007, 10:20 PM
What happend to the safety from Hawaii Peterson, he went to the Jets, and his teammate Nate he is on the Eagles.

Mr. Stiller
08-21-2007, 11:32 PM
What happend to the safety from Hawaii Peterson, he went to the Jets, and his teammate Nate he is on the Eagles.

Leonard Peters, I haven't heard much from him but I guess he's doing well enough to not be cut.

I think Ilaoa will be a PS player and I have a feeling the iggles will cut him.

brat316
08-22-2007, 03:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zekdD-Q2o&feature=dir

I dont know if it was posted or not, i'am guessing most people saw it its about ben and the new Offense

DeathbyStat
08-22-2007, 08:44 AM

I feel bad for Krieder

Man_Of_Steel
08-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I feel bad for Krieder

He's not going anywhere, in fact he may add years to his life this season with the reduced workload haha.

mikehop05
08-22-2007, 04:33 PM
He's not going anywhere, in fact he may add years to his life this season with the reduced workload haha.

haha yeah seriously, ironically enough

mikehop05
08-22-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zekdD-Q2o&feature=dir

I dont know if it was posted or not, i'am guessing most people saw it its about ben and the new Offense

didnt see this before... great interview, i <3 ben.

Man_Of_Steel
08-22-2007, 10:07 PM
didnt see this before... great interview, i <3 ben.

I saw it awhile ago only because it was on the front page.

Mr. Stiller
08-23-2007, 12:46 AM
I almost want to start a Petition to make William *** our 4th Quarter RCB. He's had 2 INT's in the 4th quarter to seal 2 games.. I know it's Pre-season but he seems to be a shutdown CB in critical situations.