PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

Man_Of_Steel
08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I almost want to start a Petition to make William *** our 4th Quarter RCB. He's had 2 INT's in the 4th quarter to seal 2 games.. I know it's Pre-season but he seems to be a shutdown CB in critical situations.

Remember the INT he had in the bowl game?

Mr. Stiller
08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Remember the INT he had in the bowl game?

Yes sir sir.

TimD
08-23-2007, 03:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-bettisbook&prov=ap&type=lgns

jerome bettis fakes injury?

Mr. Stiller
08-23-2007, 03:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-bettisbook&prov=ap&type=lgns

jerome bettis fakes injury?

Yeah I heard about his book..

Other topics include:

He was not happy when the team cut fullback Tim Lester before the 1999 season.

"I even told the Steelers I'd give part of my salary to keep him. But they had no intention of keeping Tim. It wasn't about money [they never offered him a contract]; it was about wanting to give the job to Jon Witman. Witman was a Penn State guy handpicked by another Penn State guy, Coach [Dick] Hoak. ... Without Lester, there's no question my rushing numbers wouldn't have been as good as they were."

Bettis had a secret appendectomy before the 1999 season.

"The funny thing is, the Steelers didn't want the media to know about the surgery. So, when I went to the hospital, someone told me to register under the name Tex Goldstein. That was my alias. Do I look like a Tex Goldstein?"

He called Denver linebacker Bill Romanowski "a coward" for grabbing his ankle and twisting it.

He said halfback Amos Zereoue "wasn't the hardest-working guy in practice" and he told him so. "Amos listened, but he didn't take it to heart."

On being booed at home for replacing Duce Staley near the goal line in 2004 and scoring a touchdown: "Steelers fans -- at my home stadium -- were booing me for scoring a touchdown. I was so angry that you could have grilled a hamburger on my forehead."

He felt ashamed when Notre Dame fired its first black head coach, Tyrone Willingham, after just three years.

The White House staff misspelled Cowher's name on the Steelers' visit to meet President Bush as "Cower" on the stage floor where the coach was to stand.

brat316
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Cower hahaha

Man_Of_Steel
08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Yea I read a bit of that on PFT and nothing really is shocking, just intresting stuff you know happens. Also he said that they organization ran Stewart out of town.

brat316
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I hope they give Faneca a contract extension, right now he is our only good O-linemen, or at least most consistant, Smith is good, but not Faneca good. Think about it our o-line is kind of a mess.

Hines
08-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Verron Haynes is reportedly battling FB Dan Krieder for the fifth and final spot on Pittsburgh's roster at running back.

The Steelers are expected to keep four tailbacks if Haynes doesn't make it: Willie Parker, Najeh Davenport, Carey Davis, and Gary Russell. Kreider would seem to have a much better shot at sticking because he lead blocks.

Man_Of_Steel
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Verron Haynes is reportedly battling FB Dan Krieder for the fifth and final spot on Pittsburgh's roster at running back.

The Steelers are expected to keep four tailbacks if Haynes doesn't make it: Willie Parker, Najeh Davenport, Carey Davis, and Gary Russell. Kreider would seem to have a much better shot at sticking because he lead blocks.

Wheres that info from?

Hines
08-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Wheres that info from?

rotoworld....................

Smooth Criminal
08-23-2007, 10:24 PM
I would hope krieder would be kept over haynes. But tomlin has been on versatility and that is about the last word I would use to describe krieder.

But on 3rd and goal I want Krieder in not haynes.

brat316
08-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Blocking wise there is no one better than Krieder, but one of the new backs can learn, by next year. So this could i hope not be Krieders last year

Man_Of_Steel
08-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Blocking wise there is no one better than Krieder, but one of the new backs can learn, by next year. So this could i hope not be Krieders last year

The backs we have on the roster wont learn how to block like Krieder, Krieder is the second best FB in the league.

Man_Of_Steel
08-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Im throwing it out there. Eddie Drummond is a FA and I want Pittsburgh to get him.

brat316
08-24-2007, 12:04 AM
ehhh if Willie R. doesn't turn out the KR, i wouldn't mind, Eddie was pretty good at returning, the ONE year.

Man_Of_Steel
08-24-2007, 12:19 AM
ehhh if Willie R. doesn't turn out the KR, i wouldn't mind, Eddie was pretty good at returning, the ONE year.

He made the pro-bowl in 04 but has always been a solid returner and still is.

Hines
08-24-2007, 12:47 AM
i like this..i think he will regain form

http://pittsburghpost-gazette.com/pg/07236/811792-13.stm

brat316
08-24-2007, 12:52 AM
I like to see a combination of Ike and McFadden starting together, they are i think out 2 fastest corners.

mikehop05
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I like to see a combination of Ike and McFadden starting together, they are i think out 2 fastest corners.

speed is overated at the CB position if you cant read the qb / wr and dont do the fundamentals well... thats why i still like deshea over mcfadden right now

Smooth Criminal
08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Deshea has gotten to the point where he is always just a step late. He can read the plays very good but he is simply not athletic enough to make the plays even though he can read them better.

Man_Of_Steel
08-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Deshea has gotten to the point where he is always just a step late. He can read the plays very good but he is simply not athletic enough to make the plays even though he can read them better.

Zone corner is where he will be and has been most effective.

Mr. Stiller
08-25-2007, 10:50 AM
2008 UFAS I like:

Bryant Johnson, WR, Arizona Cardinals
Terrell Suggs, DE/OLB, Baltimore Ravens
Travelle Wharton, OT/OG, Carolina Panthers
TJ Duckett, RB, Detroit Lions
Keyaron Fox, LB, Kansas City Chiefs
Michael Turner, RB, San Diego Chargers

DeathbyStat
08-25-2007, 02:11 PM
2008 UFAS I like:

Bryant Johnson, WR, Arizona Cardinals
Terrell Suggs, DE/OLB, Baltimore Ravens
Travelle Wharton, OT/OG, Carolina Panthers
TJ Duckett, RB, Detroit Lions
Keyaron Fox, LB, Kansas City Chiefs
Michael Turner, RB, San Diego Chargers

Alas we won't sign any of these guys

Suggs would be sick though

brat316
08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
if we got suggs ohhh man, yeah but after them loosing Thomas I don't think they want to lose anther versatile Lb.

Johnson we would sign, i dont see him staying with the Cards even though he is a pretty good slot complement for Boldin and Fitz. Unless none of our other WR show up during the season we are not going to get him. WE dont need anymore RBs, only one i would add would be Turner, but i think he is looking to start, and i wouldn't be surprised if he is traded for a whole lot during this season or before the season. There 3rd. string rb, can fill in.

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Word has it that...

Our 5 RB's will be:

Willie Parker
Najeh Davenport
Carey Davis
Gary Russell..

And

Verron Haynes.

Yes it's looking like we'll be keeping everyone but Barlow, Croom and Kreider.

Kreider has to have some trade worth as I hope we trade him to some NFC Team (I'm sure Brandon Jacobs would love a smashing Lead blocker like Danimal)

Hines
08-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Word has it that...

Our 5 RB's will be:

Willie Parker
Najeh Davenport
Carey Davis
Gary Russell..

And

Verron Haynes.

Yes it's looking like we'll be keeping everyone but Barlow, Croom and Kreider.

Kreider has to have some trade worth as I hope we trade him to some NFC Team (I'm sure Brandon Jacobs would love a smashing Lead blocker like Danimal)

wow where did u find this out at..oh i finally get to watch a game =)

Hines
08-26-2007, 03:21 PM
man id rather have croom then haynes..i really dont like verron i like croom dammit

terribletowel39
08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
who's ready for the game?? lets see who is starting where.

Hines
08-26-2007, 06:08 PM
i read that the first team will run the whole first half so i wanna see willie bust a few

terribletowel39
08-26-2007, 06:17 PM
yea i am hoping to see atleast one 20+ yarder from him. it will be a good thing. i also want to see if the defense can keep up how they have been playing. i hope an. smith is starting next to troy p.

Hines
08-26-2007, 07:23 PM
wow our d is gonna be SCARY!!!!!

too bad that ben messed up that drive which i believe we woulda gotten six

Hines
08-26-2007, 07:33 PM
damn smith messed up curtis..that waws a nice hit

Hines
08-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttthhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Timmons needs to Start training at RILB.. he's showing nothing except reasons to demote him. He's looking worse than Arnold Harrison.. though I'd like to see him Inside.

It may be back to the Steel Curtain style defense, then we're going to need some real 4-3 help here soon.

Hines
08-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Timmons needs to Start training at RILB.. he's showing nothing except reasons to demote him. He's looking worse than Arnold Harrison.. though I'd like to see him Inside.

It may be back to the Steel Curtain style defense, then we're going to need some real 4-3 help here soon.

timmons cant tackle worth ****

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
timmons cant tackle worth ****

I have a feeling that this is going to be a rough stretch as a fan..

We are the only 3-4 team without a Premier Weakside Rusher.

Hines
08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
I have a feeling that this is going to be a rough stretch as a fan..

We are the only 3-4 team without a Premier Weakside Rusher.

then lets move woodley over there..i believe clark is about to break out..have a career year..i dont really like him but i have faith in him this year

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 10:17 PM
then lets move woodley over there..i believe clark is about to break out..have a career year..i dont really like him but i have faith in him this year

Woodley's skillset is better for SOLB..

we need a Gholston, Blake or Harvey..

Personally if I could I would Move Woodley to Buck..

Draft Gholston and Blake. Put Blake Weakside and Gholston Strongside..

Blake ~ Timmons ~ Woodley ~ Gholston

untouchable.

Hines
08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Woodley's skillset is better for SOLB..

we need a Gholston, Blake or Harvey..

Personally if I could I would Move Woodley to Buck..

Draft Gholston and Blake. Put Blake Weakside and Gholston Strongside..

Blake ~ Timmons ~ Woodley ~ Gholston

untouchable.

hell ya that is..everytime i watch jovon johnson the more im impressed with him..hopefully hes on the ps this year

terribletowel39
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
our o-line smells of rancid ball sac. there were times i was yelling at the screen for them to give ben one play where he had time and didn't have to run for his life. GAH!! our D though is ridiculous. our 4th quarter D just allowed ppl to get open at there own will. luckily that guy fumbled it. all in all i'm excited as hell. Willie looks good. real good. Ben looked good for the most part, he did run a lot and then that one bone head move. our first team D though is balls to the wall though. love them. i know i already said that....and that is it.

brat316
08-26-2007, 11:43 PM
The o-line ohh man, we need to keep Faneca and think about drafting along the line next season, we did O, 2 yrs back with Holmes and Reid, this year we did D. Next year we need to do O-line, hell even some D-line.

Hines
08-28-2007, 12:37 AM
barlow released

http://news.steelers.com/article/80603/

Hines
08-28-2007, 12:45 AM
i also read that doug gabriel has been released by the raiders

i say we bring him in and be the number 4

Hines
08-28-2007, 12:46 AM
oh and also orien harris,yes that guy who we drafted in the fourth round last year,got cut by the browns

skarocksoi
08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Is McBean going to make the team, or will he be one of the last cuts this preseason? I haven't seen too much of him in the preseason games and I'm fearing he might not make it.

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Broncos:

WR David Terrell

Raiders:

WR Doug Gabriel

Giants:

WR William Buchanon
OC Nick Jones
DS Richard Yancy
LB Karibi Dede
OT Myniya Smith
TE Rodney Burgess
DL Marcus Bell(IR)

Dolphins

DT Kevin Vickerson
FS Chris Vedder
WR David Sutton
TE Jason Rader
PK Matt Prater
RB Ray Perkins
CB Shirdonya Mitchell
P Ryan Flinn
FS Chris Harrell

Eagles

OG Chris White
DS Chris Smith
WR Jermaine Jamison
TE Kyle Hunt
WR Dereck Faulkner
PK EJ Cochrane
OL Stefan Rogers (IR)
RB Ryan Moats (IR)
DL Jerome McDougle (IR)

Buccaneers:

FB Zach Tuiasosopo
WR Kyle Smith
DL Jeremy Pittman
WR Chad Owens
OC Nick Mihlhauser
OT Jabari Levey
DL Tim Jones
OG Jonathan Clinksdale
WR Jovon Bouknight

Browns:

FS Justin Sandy
FB J.R. Niklos
WR Efram Hill
TE Buck Ortega
WR Kendrick Mosley
WR Mike Mason
DE Orien Harris
CB Therrian Fontenot
PK Jesse Ainsworth

Cowboys:

DL Montavious Stanley
WR Jamal Richardson
WR Jerard Rabb
LB Alex Obomese
OT Jason Hilliard
LB Dedrick Harrington
DL Ola Dagunduro

Chargers:

WR Sonny Shackleford
WR Rich Musinski
WR Rhema McKnight
QB Brett Elliot
OG Mike Jones
LB Zach Latimer
FS Miguel Merrick
QB Quintin Jones

Ravens:

RB Greg Pruitt Jr.
CB Terrell Maze
LS Nick Leeson
DS Bobby Blackshire
P Brendan Carney
QB Drew Olson
OG Steve Edwards (IR)
LB Mike Smith (PUP)

Bears

WR Brandon Rideau
WR Timon Marshall
OG Tyler McMeans
SS Jay Staggs
WR Clinton Solomon
PK Nick Novak
DL Justin Frick
LB Leon Joe
P Joel Stelly

Bills:

CB Chris Thompson
PK DJ Fitzpatrick
QB Kevin Eaken
CB Reggie Lewis
WR Donovan Morgan
LB Roy Manning

NY Jets:

WR Juan Wong (HAHAHA)
OL Nick Smith
WR Dante Ridgeway
CB Rayshaun Kizer
RB Tony Hollings
DL Zarnell Fitch
DL Darrell Adams
WR Tim Dwight

Cardinals:

OG Jon Hameister-Reis
WR Todd Watkins
P Ricky Schmitt
FS Hank Milligan
WR Greg Lee
FB John Bronson
DL Ray Blagman
CB Travarious Bain
CB Jerron Wishhom

Vikings:

P Alex Reyes
WR Todd Lowber
LB John Kerr
QB Drew Henson
DL Alex Gurrero
OT Josh Day
DL Joe Bradley

49ers:

DL Melvin Oliver (IR)
WR C.J. Brewer (IR)
P Ken Parrish
PK Mackenzie Hoambrecker
LB John Syptak
DB Sammy Joseph
OG Nick Steitz
FB Steve Didline
WR Dominique Ziglar
LB Roderick Green
WR Marcus Maxwell

Texans:

CB Derrick Roberson
WR Harry Williams
WR Charlie Adams
TE Ben Steele
DT Thomas Smith
DT Thomas Johnson
QB Bradlee Van Pelt
QB Quinton Porter

Saints:

QB Jason Fife
LB Desmond Sims
CB Joe Porter
WR Aaron Hosack

Jaguars:

PK Aaron Elling

Titans:

WR Jon Orr
DL Marques Ogden
DS Brandon Sharp
TE Andy Thorn
DL Quartez Vickerson
DL Jermaine McElveen
P Glenn Pakulak

Rams:

FS Jefferey Dukes
FS Harrison Smith
LB Larry Edwards
DL Alton Pettway
P Fred Capshaw
RB Kay-Jay Lewis
RB/FB Brad Lau
WR Markee White
WR Nate Morton
WR Rasheed Marshall

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Is McBean going to make the team, or will he be one of the last cuts this preseason? I haven't seen too much of him in the preseason games and I'm fearing he might not make it.

IMO I think they'll keep 7 DL this season to keep him..

I'm hoping Kimo gets cut from the Jets that way we can cut Eason and sign him for 1-2 years.

Smooth Criminal
08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I like Orien Harris leading up to the draft last year but if he can't make it onto the Browns roster I don't think theres much hope for him.

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I like Orien Harris leading up to the draft last year but if he can't make it onto the Browns roster I don't think theres much hope for him.

Word Dawg...

Hines
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM
gabriel is a player that i want on the steelers.put him as the number 4

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 10:51 PM
gabriel is a player that i want on the steelers.put him as the number 4

I don't think Gabriel is much better or have more upside than Nate Washington.

mikehop05
08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
anyone watching the game? any remarks about it?

DeathbyStat
08-30-2007, 08:57 PM
anyone watching the game? any remarks about it?

Timmons made two really nice plays

Smooth Criminal
08-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I think it looks like Krieder is gone. Haynes, Russell, and Davis all looked pretty good tonight. Maybe we can carry six backs cause I want krieder.

mikehop05
08-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I think it looks like Krieder is gone. Haynes, Russell, and Davis all looked pretty good tonight. Maybe we can carry six backs cause I want krieder.

i just dont see the need in keeping haynes, its crazy to think no one else can block on 3rd downs

Mr. Stiller
08-30-2007, 10:36 PM
i just dont see the need in keeping haynes, its crazy to think no one else can block on 3rd downs

Gary Russell stood up a 325lb DT.

I think his blocking protection has improved. I think Haynes, Pierre and Wallace are the odd men out.

skarocksoi
08-31-2007, 10:56 AM
If Krieder is cut, that will probably be the first move the Steelers have made this offseason that would really upset me. He is the consumate blue collar worker and has given a lot to this team. I understand we might be moving in a different direction, but let the guy finish this year and if you want to let him go, do so at the end of the season before the draft and all that so he has a better chance of getting a spot somewhere else. That just seems like the decent thing to do for a guy that has given so much to a team. Anyway, thats just my opinion.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 11:00 AM
If Krieder is cut, that will probably be the first move the Steelers have made this offseason that would really upset me. He is the consumate blue collar worker and has given a lot to this team. I understand we might be moving in a different direction, but let the guy finish this year and if you want to let him go, do so at the end of the season before the draft and all that so he has a better chance of getting a spot somewhere else. That just seems like the decent thing to do for a guy that has given so much to a team. Anyway, thats just my opinion.

I think they're giong to keep 6 RB's.

I want to see Coke, Pierre, Essex and Wallace gone.

Hines
08-31-2007, 05:08 PM
so who yall think is gonna get cut tommaorw

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 05:10 PM
i'v heard our big three will get cut. Hampton, troy p. and Fast Willie. not good.

EDIT: i'm bored at work and i now realize that that isn't even funny.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
I have an idea.. New mock coming.

Man_Of_Steel
08-31-2007, 11:08 PM
RB Nate Ilaoa; FB Jason Davis; FB/LS Jeremy Cain; WR Jeremy Bloom; WR J.J. Outlaw; WR Michael Gasperson; WR Zac Collie; TE Lee Vickers; T Jonathan Palmer; C Jasper Harvey; G Jacob Hobbs; T Pat McCoy; DE Marques Murrell; DT Mauricio Lopez; DT Ian Scott; LB Akeem Jordan; LB Dedrick Roper; CB Dustin Fox; CB Nick Graham; S Marcus Paschal; S Erick Harris; and P Dirk Johnson.

Those are the eagles cuts. I hope the Steelers target Ilaoa and Bloom. Ilaoa has looked pretty good and powerful, bad move cutting him.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 11:10 PM
RB Nate Ilaoa; FB Jason Davis; FB/LS Jeremy Cain; WR Jeremy Bloom; WR J.J. Outlaw; WR Michael Gasperson; WR Zac Collie; TE Lee Vickers; T Jonathan Palmer; C Jasper Harvey; G Jacob Hobbs; T Pat McCoy; DE Marques Murrell; DT Mauricio Lopez; DT Ian Scott; LB Akeem Jordan; LB Dedrick Roper; CB Dustin Fox; CB Nick Graham; S Marcus Paschal; S Erick Harris; and P Dirk Johnson.

Those are the eagles cuts. I hope the Steelers target Ilaoa and Bloom. Ilaoa has looked pretty good and powerful, bad move cutting him.

Bloom is soft..

Bring In Ilaoa, and Scott.

If we're going to a 4-3 Cover 2 he'd be a perfect companion to Casey.

Man_Of_Steel
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
BTW stiller did you see your game 1 stats? I think you had 11 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 11:24 PM

Yeah, it was a bad move if we wanted another guy to fumble like there's no tomorrow. We already have Buckhalter for that. Ilaoa failed to impress and fumbled A LOT.

Man_Of_Steel
08-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah, it was a bad move if we wanted another guy to fumble like there's no tomorrow. We already have Buckhalter for that. Ilaoa failed to impress and fumbled A LOT.

He played like a truck and ran people over. How many times did he fumble? Gore and Parker fumble because their young, Barber rectified it as well. Fumbling isnt a big problem because its the most easily rectifiable problem of running backs.

Hines
09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
buster davis of the cardianls got cut
he would be good to pick up

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Wow Buster got cut, thats very intriguing.

Mr. Stiller
09-01-2007, 12:29 AM
BTW stiller did you see your game 1 stats? I think you had 11 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF.

I know and I still couldn't pull off the damn POTW.. I think it's anti DeeJay Krens.

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 02:01 AM
I know and I still couldn't pull off the damn POTW.. I think it's anti DeeJay Krens.

I wouldnt complain about those numbers though. Thats a heck of a week.

terribletowel39
09-01-2007, 02:22 AM
I wouldnt complain about those numbers though. Thats a heck of a week.
was there another game tonight?? how often do they play games??

Hines
09-01-2007, 01:05 PM
so some players i would liek to bring in for the steelers

buster davis
maurice mann
terna nande
hanik milligan

to name a few

mikehop05
09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
so some players i would liek to bring in for the steelers

buster davis
maurice mann
terna nande
hanik milligan

to name a few

buster davis will not be a good fit for the steelers 3 - 4, too small to play ILB, also, if he cant cut it in arizona how will he make it in pittsburgh?

SteelCityNightmare
09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07244/814091-100.stm

Article about who was cut today. some surprising names in there.

If you are too lazy to read through here is a comprehensive list:

Chukky Okobi
Verron Haynes
Ryan McBean
Cameron Stephenson
Dallas Baker
Shaun Nua
Chidi Iwuoma
John Kuhn
Bryan Randall
Walter Young
Gerran Walker
Cody Boyd
John Dekker
Jason Capizzi
Brandon Torrey
Scott Paxson
Ron Stanley
Marquis Cooper
Anthony Madison
Jovon Johnson
Grant Mason
Mike Lorrello

I expect many of these to be resigned to the PS.

terribletowel39
09-01-2007, 04:55 PM
woah some of those are kinda surprising. interesting.

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Chukky Okobi, who came to training camp as the starting center, and running back Verron Haynes were among the players cut today by Coach Mike Tomlin as the Steelers reduced their roster to the final 53-player limit, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Also included in the cut were three rookie draft choices - defensive end Ryan McBean, a fourth-round pick; guard Cameron Stephenson (fifth) and wide receiver Dallas Baker (seventh).

Defensive end Shaun Nua, a seventh-round choice in 2005, and former special teams co-captain Chidi Iwuoma were also cut.

Haynes, a fifth-round draft choice in 2002, has been the team's third-down back for most of his career. But three of his previous five seasons have ended early because of knee injuries, including last season when he missed the final nine games.

Also cut were fullback John Kuhn, quarterback Bryan Randall, receivers Walter Young and Gerran Walker; tight ends Cody Boyd and Jon Dekker, tackles Jason Capizzi and Brandon Torrey; nose tackle Scott Paxson, linebackers Ron Stanley and Marquis Cooper; cornerbacks Anthony Madison and Jovon Johnson; and safeties Grant Mason and Mike Lorello.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Mr. Stillers boy Capizzi is cut (no LT there stiller lol).

None of the cuts really upset me but I think Anthony Madison earned a spot on the roster.

steelernation77
09-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Steelers cut Marvin Philip and Rian Wallace and trade a conditional 2008 pick to Atlanta for Allen Rossum

http://news.steelers.com/article/80772/

mikehop05
09-01-2007, 06:38 PM
i was rooting for mcbean

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Steelers cut Marvin Philip and Rian Wallace and trade a conditional 2008 pick to Atlanta for Allen Rossum

http://news.steelers.com/article/80772/

Wow did not see that coming at all. Tomlin must not be sold on Reid returning.

glennjamen3
09-01-2007, 08:04 PM
so we have one center on our roster now... and he is in his first year with this team

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Ive been wanting to say for aahile that you have a great sig.

DeathbyStat
09-01-2007, 09:35 PM
didn't rossum make the pro bowl at one point

SteelCityNightmare
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
yeah he did in 05

skarocksoi
09-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder how many will clear waivers and get put on the ps.

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I cant wait for the season, a week away wow.

mikehop05
09-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I cant wait for the season, a week away wow.

yea same here

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Zach Crockett was cut by oakland. I would love to have him in Pitt as our goaline back. Oakland cut Crocket, Moses and Darius pretty unexpected.

mikehop05
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Zach Crockett was cut by oakland. I would love to have him in Pitt as our goaline back. Oakland cut Crocket, Moses and Darius pretty unexpected.

yea moses was a shocker, sucks for him he was touted asa round 1 pick about a year ago and now...

oh how the mighty have fallen

mikehop05
09-01-2007, 11:19 PM

5 years ago yeah definitely, but hes older and not that crazy crocket anymore

Hines
09-02-2007, 02:25 AM
how bout we sign justin rogers and cj wilson for the ps

i hope we go outside the organization for ps player as well

oh and i love the rossum pickup

d34ng3l021
09-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I would like to personally thank you for taking away Allen Rossum and thus eliminating the chance of him seeing the field with the defense.

He is a pretty good PR though.

Smooth Criminal
09-02-2007, 07:14 AM
how bout we sign justin rogers and cj wilson for the ps

i hope we go outside the organization for ps player as well

oh and i love the rossum pickup

Ill wait and see what we gave up before I say if I like the trade.

And you can't take a player for someone elses practice squad. Only way we could take players from outside is if they clear waivers and don't get put onto their teams practice squad. If you want to take a player off of another teams practice squad you have to put him on your 53 man roster.

skarocksoi
09-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking Capizzi, McBean, Stephenson, and Randall are going to be ps'ed. Im not sure who else might after that. Maybe Madison? Thats assuming no one else picks them up, of course.

I was thinking about this the other night, and I'm not sure how realistic or not this is, so you decide. Everyone knew that McBean was going to be a developmental guy and the coaching staff has said the same since we picked him up. Now throughout this entire preseason, I have barely seen the kid even in the game even when most of the other guys trying to make the team have been in. It makes me wonder if the coaching staff limited his playing time to hide him from other teams scouts so we could ps him without worrying about another team picking him up. I know it sounds out there, but if you have a guy you know can't do something for you this year, but could sometime in the near future, wouldn't that move make sense?

Hines
09-02-2007, 11:03 AM

And you can't take a player for someone elses practice squad. Only way we could take players from outside is if they clear waivers and don't get put onto their teams practice squad. If you want to take a player off of another teams practice squad you have to put him on your 53 man roster.

we gave up a draft pick...and no thats not true,they go threw waviers,if they dont make it and we pick him up we get them.if not then they keep them

Hines
09-02-2007, 11:58 AM
kinda wished we used it on fanaca but here

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07245/814233-100.stm

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 12:17 PM
kinda wished we used it on fanaca but here

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07245/814233-100.stm

thats about half of what faneca would demand

steelernation77
09-02-2007, 12:56 PM

I like the Rossum pick up because the coaching staff obviously knows that Reid has the ability. However, he's been unreliable, and we can't afford fumbled punts and kick-offs. With Rossum, you get a veteran professional kick returner who can be here for a year or two, and help train Reid for the future. I imagine that Reid will still be returning kicks with Rossum, which will not only give us a very dangerous kick return duo, but will make sure that he does not get rusty and will be able to take over for Rossum returning punts when the time comes.

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I like the Rossum pick up because the coaching staff obviously knows that Reid has the ability. However, he's been unreliable, and we can't afford fumbled punts and kick-offs. With Rossum, you get a veteran professional kick returner who can be here for a year or two, and help train Reid for the future. I imagine that Reid will still be returning kicks with Rossum, which will not only give us a very dangerous kick return duo, but will make sure that he does not get rusty and will be able to take over for Rossum returning punts when the time comes.

yeah rossum is solid and he still has a little juice left in the tank

also its doubtful he'll ever see the field asa corner so thats not something we really have to worry about

steelernation77
09-02-2007, 01:57 PM
The Steelers today signed eight players to the practice squad.

Seven of them were with the team in training camp. They include wide receiver Dallas Baker, tight end Jon Dekker, defensive back Grant Mason, defensive lineman Ryan McBean, defensive lineman Scott Paxon, center/guard Marvin Philip and wide receiver Jerran Walker.

The Steelers also signed running back Jamaal Branch, who had been with the New Orleans Saints."
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07245/814235-100.stm

steelernation77
09-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Jon Kuhn was claimed off waivers by the Packers. Given their situation at RB, he might actually see some PT.

mikehop05
09-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Jon Kuhn was claimed off waivers by the Packers. Given their situation at RB, he might actually see some PT.

for his sake i hope so,

im glad we got back baker and mcbean though, mcbean especially he is really raw but is a hell of an athlete

SteelCityNightmare
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
glad we got dekker back. I felt that he had earned a spot on the roster over spaeth.

Man_Of_Steel
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I am officially putting on record that Matt Spaeth in the third round is the worst third round pick in NFL history.

DeathbyStat
09-03-2007, 12:14 AM
I am officially putting on record that Matt Spaeth in the third round is the worst third round pick in NFL history.

i would Agree

Man_Of_Steel
09-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Anthony Madison got picked up by the Bucs.

steelernation77
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM

Its not looking great right now, but let's see how he turns out before we jump all over him. I know we could sure use an extra tackle right now.

mikehop05
09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
i would Agree

worse than quentin moses / buster davis?

glennjamen3
09-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Ive been wanting to say for aahile that you have a great sig.

Hey thanks man. I was really surprised I was even able to get one with only 100 some posts.

Man_Of_Steel
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Yea they atleast have potential. On talent and draft reach alone Speath is the worst third round pick.

Smooth Criminal
09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I think its jumping the gun on the worst 3rd round pick ever, considering he mae the team that drafted him unlike two other 3rd rounders this year.

Spaeth saw alot of time on the starting special teams units. Plus if these 3 TE sets do happen he'll likely see a decent amount of time on the field and get some balls thrown his way. Plus it will be nice when were on the goalline to have a real TE to put in as the #3 TE instead of Essex.
How can Moses and Davis have more potential than Spaeth? Just because they were drafted higher and hyped before the draft? They both were cut by teams with very limited talent. If the coaches thought they had potential they would have definately made room for them on the roster.

Mr. Stiller
09-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I have a feeling..

1) Gosder Cherilous
2) DeJuan Tribble
3) Kenny Iwebema
4) Jeremy Leman
5) Bo Ruud
6) Breno Giacomini
7) Andy Wheaton

Man_Of_Steel
09-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I think its jumping the gun on the worst 3rd round pick ever, considering he mae the team that drafted him unlike two other 3rd rounders this year.

Spaeth saw alot of time on the starting special teams units. Plus if these 3 TE sets do happen he'll likely see a decent amount of time on the field and get some balls thrown his way. Plus it will be nice when were on the goalline to have a real TE to put in as the #3 TE instead of Essex.
How can Moses and Davis have more potential than Spaeth? Just because they were drafted higher and hyped before the draft? They both were cut by teams with very limited talent. If the coaches thought they had potential they would have definately made room for them on the roster.

Cmon now, Moses and Davis have far more upside, especially Moses.

steelernation77
09-03-2007, 05:51 PM
With Okobi gone, Woodley is now #56

DeathbyStat
09-03-2007, 05:54 PM

I don't know I'm still mad about not getting Tony Hunt even though we have no use for him now as Carey Davis and Gary Russell have been really solid

Mr. Stiller
09-03-2007, 06:40 PM
As I'm looking at the roster.. I think we're in for a bumpy few seasons before we return to the top.

we just resigned Kendall Simmons to a 5 year 24M contract. 8.5 Guaranteed.

We don't have an LT, Premier Passrusher, Shut down Corner(Not all have this) or Youth in the front 7.

I took an unbiased look at our roster and we're going to be hurting.

Man_Of_Steel
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Steelers name team captains.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/14035919/detail.html

brat316
09-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah the Line is one place we need to work on next year, both sides, we have worked on the skilled positions over the past 2-3 drafts, even LBs this year. We need to get back to the trenches and work there

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah the Line is one place we need to work on next year, both sides, we have worked on the skilled positions over the past 2-3 drafts, even LBs this year. We need to get back to the trenches and work there

I don't think we're as Dire as most seem.

What do we need..

2 OT's and a 3-4 DE.

We still have Hampton/Hokie... Kirschkie/Keisel... Smith/Eason. And McBean on the PS.. Draft a guy like Keilen Dykes or Dre Moore and they'll be ready soon.

As for OL:

We have Marvel and Colon. We need a future Elite OT.. (Dunlap, Hills, Cherilous), and a solid developing swingman(Chad Rinehart RT/RG).

We have signed Simmons for $24M over the next 5 years. We'll re-sign Kemo.

So, we'll have the talent in the interior, just need depth and talent at OT.

Defense is where we need help.. we need a passrusher (Guys Timmons has been working more and more at Mack. So It's looking like his future lays inside, they just wanted to get him outside experience first) He's also the Dime LB, which used to be Troy, and Tyrone would come out.. Not anymore, Timmons is the Dime LB about half way through the season and Troy stays in at SS.

Smith ~ Simmons ~ Mahan ~ Kemo ~ Colon
Dunlap ~ Phillip ~ Stapleton ~ Rinehart ~ Rinehart

We'll be fine OL wise if we at 2 OT's. Same with DL with 1 DE.. But I still think we should go..

1) Groves
2) Dunlap
3) Tribble.

Hines
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
so you want groves now eh

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
so you want groves now eh

He's showing that he can play physically against the run, plus he's playing a standup DE role.. so he's being built

DeathbyStat
09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
He's showing that he can play physically against the run, plus he's playing a standup DE role.. so he's being built

What Happend to Gholston.....are you off of him now

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
What Happend to Gholston.....are you off of him now

I'd be happy with either.. the reason I wanted Gholston was because Groves hasn't shown he can play against the run.. Groves pulled it.

Either one is fine. I think Groves would be better in coverage and Gholston is a little more physically imposing, but we can't lose with either.. Both are playing a Leo position.

mikehop05
09-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I'd be happy with either.. the reason I wanted Gholston was because Groves hasn't shown he can play against the run.. Groves pulled it.

Either one is fine. I think Groves would be better in coverage and Gholston is a little more physically imposing, but we can't lose with either.. Both are playing a Leo position.

its tooooo damn early.

brat316
09-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah it is a tad bit early, dont you guys think, only DE for sure is Campbell,

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
its tooooo damn early.

Agreed.. But Gholston and Groves are the top 2.

Man_Of_Steel
09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah it is a tad bit early, dont you guys think, only DE for sure is Campbell,

I could not disagree with that more.

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 11:30 PM
I could not disagree with that more.

It's never too early.

If we don't spout names off now who will you know to watch.

Hines
09-04-2007, 11:35 PM
mike jones wr outta asu

6'4 200 with 4.4 speed

erickson thinks shes better then hagan

brat316
09-05-2007, 12:57 AM
i see what you mean, anyone i should watch at Temple

Mr. Stiller
09-05-2007, 01:22 AM
i see what you mean, anyone i should watch at Temple

Rian Wallace... j/k

Josh Bundy their fullback might pick up as a UDFA, doubtful, but same for Domerio Hamilton..

Alex Derenthal their C has a chance to be drafted as does Terrance Knighton.. but they're both Jr's and need 2 solid seasons.

Mr. Stiller
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I remember pimping this idea last year..

I think I found our future Buck ILB:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/343413m.jpg

Eric Foster. He plays DT for Rutgers.

he's 6'1 268lbs runs a 4.78 40'.

He's a damaging UT. 51 Tackles, 14 TFLs, 6 sacks, 4 PBU, 10 QB Hurries.

With his speed and ability to shed blocks (From playing UT at Rutgers) he could be a dominant ILB. Especially in our scheme.

Kind of like Tedy Bruschi.

skarocksoi
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
He's got some fire to him. He's the one they show all the time on ESPN in that Rutgers clip pumping up the team.

Mr. Stiller
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
He's got some fire to him. He's the one they show all the time on ESPN in that Rutgers clip pumping up the team.

Yeah.. He played MLB in high school and 2 years at Rutgers.

Being a disruptive DT like he has shows he can do it all. He could play some pass rushing, play some UT in a 3rd down set as an interior pass rusher and be a 2 down thumper ILB in the mold of Kirkland.

brat316
09-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Thats is odd how do you go from playing DT to ILB, i guess if he played the pass rush mainly it would work out, if he does get drafted, I think he would be played more at DE,

Man_Of_Steel
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I remember pimping this idea last year..

I think I found our future Buck ILB:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/343413m.jpg

Eric Foster. He plays DT for Rutgers.

he's 6'1 268lbs runs a 4.78 40'.

He's a damaging UT. 51 Tackles, 14 TFLs, 6 sacks, 4 PBU, 10 QB Hurries.

With his speed and ability to shed blocks (From playing UT at Rutgers) he could be a dominant ILB. Especially in our scheme.

Kind of like Tedy Bruschi.

Its highly unlikley he would be a decent ILB. He dosent have good speed and calling him our future buck and a dominant LB is way over the top.

Mr. Stiller
09-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Its highly unlikley he would be a decent ILB. He dosent have good speed and calling him our future buck and a dominant LB is way over the top.

Other than the fact he played it 4 years in HS and 2 in College..

Why wouldn't he be a good ILB? He would be a hell of a run stopper. If he can penetrate that well as a 4-3 DT, imagine how good he'd be in a 3-4 ILB role.

It worked for Bruschi.

I think after 2 years he could be a solid Buck.

Man_Of_Steel
09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Other than the fact he played it 4 years in HS and 2 in College..

Why wouldn't he be a good ILB? He would be a hell of a run stopper. If he can penetrate that well as a 4-3 DT, imagine how good he'd be in a 3-4 ILB role.

It worked for Bruschi.

I think after 2 years he could be a solid Buck.

Def agree to disagree bc I will never budge on this one.

Hines
09-06-2007, 09:53 PM
i had a dream about the game last nite

we lost 21-20 and ben threw 3 ints and got hurt

also james got a sack

but we all know that myh outcome wont happen
cuz idk it was weird

Man_Of_Steel
09-06-2007, 10:56 PM
i had a dream about the game last nite

we lost 21-20 and ben threw 3 ints and got hurt

also james got a sack

but we all know that myh outcome wont happen
cuz idk it was weird

Blasphemy.

Hines
09-07-2007, 12:28 AM
interesting

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07250/815440-66.stm

Man_Of_Steel
09-07-2007, 10:47 AM
interesting

thats the last thing I was expecting to hear.

terribletowel39
09-07-2007, 10:56 AM
interesting

wow, kinda suprising.

in a way it kinda makes sense. i understand the fact that on outside plays willie's patient speed is still faster than kreider but i sure hope they put Danny boy in on up the gut plays. it wouldn't make any sense not to. on first down and all that it is smarter to have a guy who can block and actually be a receiving threat, granted Dan can catch he is just slow as balls. i don't exactly know how i feel about this but whatev, in Tomlin we trust.

mikehop05
09-07-2007, 12:30 PM
davis gives us more versatility, i think its a good move

3rd and goal though you know big dan will be in there

Man_Of_Steel
09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
davis gives us more versatility, i think its a good move

3rd and goal though you know big dan will be in there

Obviously they arent going to dress 2 FB in an offense that dosent feature the FB that much.

mikehop05
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Obviously they arent going to dress 2 FB in an offense that dosent feature the FB that much.

how many players do they dress?

brat316
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
active roster of i think 53 players

brat316
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
my bad its 43

Hines
09-08-2007, 04:33 PM
jameel mclain de syracuse
chris ellis
wallace gilberry

all 3-4 olb that we can get in round 3 or so..im intrigued by both of them

but i also like blake and groves as round one guys

and i also really like tracy porter in round 2

steelernation77
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
jameel mclain de syracuse
chris ellis
wallace gilberry

all 3-4 olb that we can get in round 3 or so..im intrigued by both of them

but i also like blake and groves as round one guys

and i also really like tracy porter in round 2

In other news...

Man, I loved watching the Hawks kick Syracuse's butt last night. Iowa is a great place to go to school. The partying before the game was awesome, and Kinnick was ridiculous.

Hines
09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
im so excited for today

terribletowel39
09-09-2007, 11:11 AM
YAY!!! Here's to a ass whooping opening day!! May we dominate and walk away injury free!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

Hines
09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
HinesWardJr's Seven Round mock

Round 1: Quentin Groves OLB Auburn
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/q-1.jpg
He gives us the pass-rusher we want and need. I think he will drop in the later part of the first with possibilities of top juniors coming out. I think Woodley and Groves will give us that outside presence teams will fear for a long time.

Round 2: Tony Hills LT Texas
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/t-1.jpg
Here will be our next left tackle. I love his size and athleticism(former prep tight end). I believe he will be an upgrade over Marvel when he leaves.

Round 3: Tracy Porter CB Indiana
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/1228185.jpg
While i love our corners, I think we should draft a corner with shut down potential then a corner with run stopping ability. He also has great return ability so if Willie doesnt pan out, we got Porter.

Round 4:Trevor Laws DT/DE Notre Dame
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/laws.jpg
I know we drafted McBean but IMO I think Laws is better. I think he can become a nice pass rusher if we do move to the 4-3

Round 5: Spencer Larson LB Arizona
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/8236B9F9-5FC7-41C5-98BE-65997C42AD6.jpg
Tackling machine is what he is. What he lacks in speed, he makes up in instincts. He's also 6'1 240 so i think we could move him inside. Could become a good player.

Round 6: Rudy Burgess Ath Arizona State
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/rudy.jpg
Versitile is what he is. He can play RB,WR,CB, and KR/PR. He's a good player and could help out on ST's. He'll most likely play running back or reciever for us.

Round 7: Damon NIckson S Middle Tennessee St
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/26247.jpg
I like him because he is a big safety and is a playmaker (6 career ints). Could push for a roster spot or practice squad. Also can return kicks.

While i know this isnt the greatest mock but i really would like this..gives us solid players all around the board

feel free to post comments

brat316
09-10-2007, 11:17 AM
4 tds, talk about an open O, then again its the browns

Mr. Stiller
09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm going to name some guys and a draft later.. I have work then class.

I hope you guys are excited.. I saw a bunch of guys I like.

Hines
09-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm going to name some guys and a draft later.. I have work then class.

I hope you guys are excited.. I saw a bunch of guys I like.

how do u like my mock

skarocksoi
09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Stiller,
I think you should keep a count along with your sig about Clayton and Holmes. The count so far; Holmes 1, Clayton a big fat 0

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM
TerribleTowel39 needs a new sig bad.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
TerribleTowel39 needs a new sig bad.
hey now, even though he isn't playing, he still is a bad ass. but you are right. i am just too lazy.

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
hey now, even though he isn't playing, he still is a bad ass. but you are right. i am just too lazy.

From what I heard... H did actually did go to D2/D3 school to play.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 01:19 PM
From what I heard... H did actually did go to D2/D3 school to play.

Yea I heard he was playing D2-3 ball but I have no idea where.

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Yea I heard he was playing D2-3 ball but I have no idea where.

Southwest Missouri State?

Ah, It's Missouri Southern State.

08/20/07 - The Daily Times newspaper in Florence, Ala., is reporting that former LSU running back Alley Broussard did not show up as expected Friday to join the University of North Alabama football program. Instead, the newspaper reports that Broussard has decided to play this season for Missouri Southern State in Joplin, Mo. The Daily Times reported more than once, most recently Friday, that the school expected Broussard to transfer to North Alabama, a perennial Division II powerhouse. Broussard could not be reached for comment Friday. Missouri Southern State competes in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association, a 10-member conference of D-II schools in Missouri and Kansas. - Randy Rosetta, Baton Rouge Advocate

08/09/07 - TB Alley Broussard led LSU in rushing in 2004 but never made a full recovery from the knee injury he suffered in a 2005 preseason practice. With so many young tailbacks in the mix, Broussard decided to leave the team before the start of preseason practice. "My heart was no longer in it," Broussard said in a news release. "I'm scheduled to graduate in December so I want to use the fall semester to dedicate my time toward getting a degree."

07/24/07 - LSU running back Alley Broussard has decided to leave the Tiger football team. Broussard, a senior from Lafayette, said Tuesday that he will remain at LSU, where he is scheduled to graduate this fall. "My heart was no longer in it," he said. "I'm scheduled to graduate in December so I want to use the fall semester to dedicate my time toward getting my degree. "I enjoyed my four years as part of the LSU football team and I wish my teammates success in 2007." In four years, Broussard played in 35 games, starting eight times. He finished his career with 1,537 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns. Broussard missed all of the 2005 season with a knee injury, but returned last year, rushing for 281 yards and four touchdowns on 74 carries. LSU coach Les Miles thanked Broussard for his service to the team. "We understand Alley's decision and we'll support him as he continues to pursue his college degree," Miles said. "We wish him success in his future endeavors." - AP Sports Wire

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Southwest Missouri State?

Ah, It's Missouri Southern State.

08/20/07 - The Daily Times newspaper in Florence, Ala., is reporting that former LSU running back Alley Broussard did not show up as expected Friday to join the University of North Alabama football program. Instead, the newspaper reports that Broussard has decided to play this season for Missouri Southern State in Joplin, Mo. The Daily Times reported more than once, most recently Friday, that the school expected Broussard to transfer to North Alabama, a perennial Division II powerhouse. Broussard could not be reached for comment Friday. Missouri Southern State competes in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association, a 10-member conference of D-II schools in Missouri and Kansas. - Randy Rosetta, Baton Rouge Advocate

08/09/07 - TB Alley Broussard led LSU in rushing in 2004 but never made a full recovery from the knee injury he suffered in a 2005 preseason practice. With so many young tailbacks in the mix, Broussard decided to leave the team before the start of preseason practice. "My heart was no longer in it," Broussard said in a news release. "I'm scheduled to graduate in December so I want to use the fall semester to dedicate my time toward getting a degree."

07/24/07 - LSU running back Alley Broussard has decided to leave the Tiger football team. Broussard, a senior from Lafayette, said Tuesday that he will remain at LSU, where he is scheduled to graduate this fall. "My heart was no longer in it," he said. "I'm scheduled to graduate in December so I want to use the fall semester to dedicate my time toward getting my degree. "I enjoyed my four years as part of the LSU football team and I wish my teammates success in 2007." In four years, Broussard played in 35 games, starting eight times. He finished his career with 1,537 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns. Broussard missed all of the 2005 season with a knee injury, but returned last year, rushing for 281 yards and four touchdowns on 74 carries. LSU coach Les Miles thanked Broussard for his service to the team. "We understand Alley's decision and we'll support him as he continues to pursue his college degree," Miles said. "We wish him success in his future endeavors." - AP Sports Wire

Good find. BTW are the stats under your sig updated to week 4 because your on a tear this season.

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Good find. BTW are the stats under your sig updated to week 4 because your on a tear this season.

I think, but I'm not sure.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
O, were 4-0 btw.

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 01:41 PM
O, were 4-0 btw.

I saw. I think it's going to be a Hamilton LB that gets the Bertier award.

I'm averaging...

11 tackles, .75 sacks, .5 FF, .25 FR a game. Not too shabby..

3 INT's, and about 76 more tackles and 5 more sacks and I'll have it in the bag.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 01:52 PM
O, were 4-0 btw.
not for long. don't yall play Vegas this next week?? yea buddy.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
not for long. don't yall play Vegas this next week?? yea buddy.

Na, we have Orlando this week and Vegas next.

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Na, we have Orlando this week and Vegas next.

Make that 5 and 6.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Make that 5 and 6.
if you are implying you win in a matchup against vegas, there is no way. i've never seen yall play of course but from what i read, yall don't match up well. we are an offensive explosion and our defense is damn good. comparable to the Pats.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
if you are implying you win in a matchup against vegas, there is no way. i've never seen yall play of course but from what i read, yall don't match up well. we are an offensive explosion and our defense is damn good. comparable to the Pats.

Take a look at our roster we have by far the best D in the league.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Take a look at our roster we have by far the best D in the league.
thats debateable but even if ya do, your offense has nothing on us.

its like a Bears against the Pats game. who would win that one?? you know who.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
thats debateable but even if ya do, your offense has nothing on us.

its like a Bears against the Pats game. who would win that one?? you know who.

Your O isnt nearly as good as you think it is.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Your O isnt nearly as good as you think it is.
can't argue with stats.

Las Vegas Offense: PPG = 33.5
Las Vegas Defesne: PPG = 10.75

Hamilton Offense: PPG = 24.75
Hamilton Defense: PPG = 14.25

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 03:39 PM
can't argue with stats.

Las Vegas Offense: PPG = 33.5
Las Vegas Defesne: PPG = 10.75

Hamilton Offense: PPG = 24.75
Hamilton Defense: PPG = 14.25

Take a look at who youve played. We have had a much tougher schedule thus far.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Take a look at who youve played. We have had a much tougher schedule thus far.
weak....we will just have to wait 2 more weeks. care to make a side wager?? if hamilton wins i will get a memphis sizzle sig and talk about how you are the man. vise versa if we win. sound good??

ADD ON: sig has to be present until the end of the season.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
not that i think we will be last in any sense. but go rep your team and sign up for this.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12811

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
weak....we will just have to wait 2 more weeks. care to make a side wager?? if hamilton wins i will get a memphis sizzle sig and talk about how you are the man. vise versa if we win. sound good??

You faced:

Toronto ~ Worst Gm'd team
Los Angeles ~ Fake Team that wasn't competitive.
Orlando ~ Decent team that you barely pulled out the win.
North Bay ~ Worst fake team.

Your combined opponents are:

5-11

Our opponents:

3-1 Wyoming
1-3 Memphis
2-2 New York
1-3 Sacramento
7-9

Not to mention we are the ONLY team to ever beat Wyoming.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 04:08 PM
You faced:

Toronto ~ Worst Gm'd team
Los Angeles ~ Fake Team that wasn't competitive.
Orlando ~ Decent team that you barely pulled out the win.
North Bay ~ Worst fake team.

Your combined opponents are:

5-11

Our opponents:

3-1 Wyoming
1-3 Memphis
2-2 New York
1-3 Sacramento
7-9

Not to mention we are the ONLY team to ever beat Wyoming.
once again weak argument.

and you are the ONLY team to ever beat them because we haven't played them yet.

do you want to get in on the bet as well?? i will have a mixture of DeeJay and Memphis.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Im not agreeing to this yet.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Im not agreeing to this yet.
come on. even after you picked up another LB so you can run the coveted 3-4?? that should be easy.

Man_Of_Steel
09-12-2007, 04:24 PM
O and by the way we just traded for LB Mo Lewis.

Our LB look like this.

SLB- Memphis Sizzle 95
MLB- DJ Krens 94
MLB- Mo Lewis 95
WLB- Scotty Slaughter 91.

terribletowel39
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
O and by the way we just traded for LB Mo Lewis.

Our LB look like this.

SLB- Memphis Sizzle 95
MLB- DJ Krens 94
MLB- Mo Lewis 95
WLB- Scotty Slaughter 91.
i saw that. thats why i don't understand you not accepting the bet. that should have just boosted your confidence to the max.

Hines
09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
go hamilton

you guys cant stop me

Hines
09-12-2007, 10:05 PM
some small school kids that intrigue me just by looking at scotts rankings:

stiller i hope uc an help me out on these

dexter jackson wr appalachian state-fast is all i can see..can stretch the field even with his lack of size.

bruce hocker wr duquene-big guy with some nice speed.had 16 touchdowns last year

demetius bell ot northwestern state-is tall but only 280.will need to get stronger

brian witherspoon cb stillman-FAST.put him as pr/kr and watch him run.reportedly has a 4.2 speed

damon nickson s middle tennessee state- i really like him.hes big and could push for a roster spot imo..also a decent playmaker

brat316
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
How do you guys think we are going to do next week

Hines
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
How do you guys think we are going to do next week

i think in all honesty we will blow them out..we will stop lynch and make losman win the game and u know how he is..

Mr. Stiller
09-12-2007, 11:35 PM
some small school kids that intrigue me just by looking at scotts rankings:

stiller i hope uc an help me out on these

dexter jackson wr appalachian state-fast is all i can see..can stretch the field even with his lack of size.

Excellent return man, especially punt returner. He's probably this years Yamon Figurs. A undersized Wr that comes out of no where with Great PR ability and amazing speed. If we decide Reid isn't our return man, or that we need to replace Rossum, I'd be fine with it.. but I don't like using a 3rd rounder on a player with limited upside (if any) at his position.

bruce hocker wr duquene-big guy with some nice speed.had 16 touchdowns last year

Hocker is a solid 6-7 round WR. He's considered a deep threat because of his speed at that level, which is supposed to be in the 4.5 range. If he were to add say, 15-25lbs and Be a more physically challenging WR he could really stick. He has the natural hands.

demetius bell ot northwestern state-is tall but only 280.will need to get stronger

He just moved to LT this offseason, he was a former DE. If he shows potential he could be worth a look, but I don't think he'd make it past OTA's especially with his lack of experience.

brian witherspoon cb stillman-FAST.put him as pr/kr and watch him run.reportedly has a 4.2 speed

Stillman seems to be a KR only. In 2006 he only played in 5 games, with 0 starts. tallying 7 tackles and 3 INTs. Looks good but I think there's better guys

damon nickson s middle tennessee state- i really like him.hes big and could push for a roster spot imo..also a decent playmaker

On a pure KR/PR I would see Nickson in the late rounds. He's reportedly running 4.67-4.7's at 5'11, 182lbs. There's really no ceiling there. I doubt he could make the roster over Lorello.

Some Small School Sleepers to watch for.

My favorite:

Bryan Robinson, DE/DT, Wesley
Switching almost every other series from DE to DT Robison is a rare.. and I mean rare athlete. He won't put up gaudy track numbers (Likely a 4.8-5.0 40') but just look at his stats from just LAST SEASON:
98 Tackles, 30.5 TFL's 13.5 Sacks, 6 PBU, 2QBH, 3 FF, 2 BLK.

I think with a season or 2 on the PS, and just working on his speed/strength, he could be a dominant and demanding 3-4 DE. It's said he has a non-stop motor. What would be tougher to defend than Keisel and Robinson if thats true? 2 guys that just don't quit and keep coming. That'll wear out LT's fast.

Trevor Scott, OLB, Buffalo

Switching from TE to DE in one offseason.. he went from Backup TE to one of the best DE's in his division. He's 6'5 265lbs. He runs in the 4.5's.
His first season at DE he ripped off 45 Tackles, 13.5 TFLs, 9 Sacks, 6 QBH. Thats impressive. He's only getting better and a year or 2 of work with LB Coach John Mitchell should only make him a better threat.

Andy Studebaker, OLB/ILB, Wheaton

Small school bull. 6'3 245lbs runs a 4.50. He's looking at being either a 3-4 OLB/ILB or a 4-3 OLB. last season posting, 44 Tackles, 24.5 TFL and 17.5 Sacks. He could be a good ST guy in the mold of Clint Kreidwaldt at OLB. Smart kid as well (3.9 GPA)

Derek Uperesa, OT, St. Francis(PA)

I watch Derek at ST. F. (10 minutes from my house). He's got LT feet and impressive size at 6'6 330lbs. Probably needs a PS year to get acclimated to the pros, but he's already built like a bull. Great Upper and lower body strength and has long arms.

Chris Johnson, RB/WR/KR, East Carolina

5'11, 210lbs runs a 4.22 40.

Here's his stats against NC this past week.

Rushing: 8 for 18 yards.. 1 TD(He's the #2 RB)
Receiving: 5 for 136 yards.. 2 TDs
KO Return: 4 for 104 yards

Total Yards: 258 yards on 17 plays and 3 TD's.

He's extremely raw.. more athlete than football player at this point.. but he has all the intangibles, just needs coached up. Kirby Wilson project?

Lastly,

Brandon Carr, CB, Grand Valley State
6'1 210lbs runs a 4.38.

Great run stopper from the CB Position. Plays equally tough in all the games facets. Great speed, hands and he lays the wood. 6 INT's and 17 PBU's are a good indication of how much he breaks passes up. Supposedly those came in the first few games of the season, because he literally shut down half the field.

brat316
09-13-2007, 02:08 AM
What about Eric Shelton from temple, in the KR/PR game i hear he is D. Hesters cousin and run faster than him.

skarocksoi
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
my brother is on the duquesne football team and he says Hocker is alot of mouth and not so much a team player. I saw him play against Bucknell and he did alright, one really nice catch that could have been a TD if he hadnt stepped out of bounds.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 02:26 PM
hey guys made a petition its for Dick LeBeau - The 2008 Hall Of Famer

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/dick-lebeau-should-be-a-hall-of-famer

Man_Of_Steel
09-14-2007, 04:09 PM
hey guys made a petition its for Dick LeBeau - The 2008 Hall Of Famer

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/dick-lebeau-should-be-a-hall-of-famer

I signed good call.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I signed good call.

yea we got 8 people in like a hour

brat316
09-14-2007, 06:45 PM
thats not to good

terribletowel39
09-16-2007, 05:13 AM
here we go steelers!!! lets make it 2-0.

Hines
09-16-2007, 04:37 PM
interview with tomlin

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80262cb2

robert_in_bigd
09-17-2007, 10:00 PM
How is Woodley playing?

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
How is Woodley playing?

He played once last game when Harrison got injured, in that limited action he had a sack.

brat316
09-17-2007, 10:36 PM
He also got caught out of coverage,

Why did we draft Timmons why why, if we ever run a hybrid 3-4 he better be amazing in that, so far 4-3 he is not doing well.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
He also got caught out of coverage,

Why did we draft Timmons why why, if we ever run a hybrid 3-4 he better be amazing in that, so far 4-3 he is not doing well.

What on earth are you talking about. We do run a 3-4.

brat316
09-17-2007, 11:28 PM
oppps i meant 4-3 i mixed it up, my bad

robert_in_bigd
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
He played once last game when Harrison got injured, in that limited action he had a sack.

Sounds good. Go Blue!

What position does Harrison play?

steelernation77
09-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Sounds good. Go Blue!

What position does Harrison play?

ROLB. But Clark Haggans shifted to ROLB and Woodley came in at LOLB.

ironman4579
09-18-2007, 10:53 AM
What do you guys think about Shawn Crable? I think he's far better in a 4-3 than a 3-4, but despite the fact Michigan as a whole has sucked this year, and the defense has looked brutal, Crable has put up some decent numbers in the first 3 games. 23 tackles, 8 TFL's, 5 sacks, a break up and a FF.

terribletowel39
09-18-2007, 10:54 AM
haven't seen him play much but he looks to be in same mold as Timmons. maybe thats just me.

ironman4579
09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
haven't seen him play much but he looks to be in same mold as Timmons. maybe thats just me.

I don't know about that one, if for no other reason that Timmons is listed at 6'1" 234, and Crable is listed at 6'5" 243. In terms of playing style possibly, but I think Crable has more experience. But I think he'd be better in a 4-3 anyway, I was just wondering what you guys thought of him.

Man_Of_Steel
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Youve never seen him play lol. Because no one can look at them in the same molds. They are nearly opposites.

terribletowel39
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
i guess i was going off of them both being kinda lanky looking. i know they both have scrawny legs......that must mean that they play the same, i know. very good logic on my part.

ironman4579
09-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I really haven't seen much of Timmons myself. But I have seen Crable a ton.

Mr. Stiller
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I don't know about that one, if for no other reason that Timmons is listed at 6'1" 234, and Crable is listed at 6'5" 243. In terms of playing style possibly, but I think Crable has more experience. But I think he'd be better in a 4-3 anyway, I was just wondering what you guys thought of him.

I'd say the More athletic Version of Mike Vrabel.

Similar Size, and abilities. Both could potentially play ILB or OLB in a 3-4.

Timmons is more about pure athleticism and Speed, with raw power.

Crable is more about Raw power with great speed.

I'd say Vrabel-esque. Round 3-4 with ILB/OLB potential.

I think he'd make a Solid Buck 3-4 ILB. Solid in coverage, he disengages Well with OL and he can blitz. I think he woudl be a very good Buck. However some labeled him with the Bonehead (Dumb Mistakes and hard time digesting playbook) If thats the case I'll pass, but if he's not a bonehead.. he'd make a great 3rd/4th round ILB.

Man_Of_Steel
09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd say the More athletic Version of Mike Vrabel.

Similar Size, and abilities. Both could potentially play ILB or OLB in a 3-4.

Timmons is more about pure athleticism and Speed, with raw power.

Crable is more about Raw power with great speed.

I'd say Vrabel-esque. Round 3-4 with ILB/OLB potential.

I think he'd make a Solid Buck 3-4 ILB.

Crable isnt a MLB at all, he is strictly DE or OLB.

Mr. Stiller
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Crable isnt a MLB at all, he is strictly DE or OLB.

I disagree. He's a 4-3 SLB that can be a situational DE pass rusher. But the fact remains he COULD play ILB in a 3-4 and do it well.

He should have good Triangle #'s and with his athleticism, if he's smart, he could be a good Buck.

Look at Kirkland... He was widely considered a DE/OLB and he was one of the best 3-4 ILBs in league history.

Hines
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
andre fraizer got released by the bengals...i really liked/like him and i would love to have him over cooper anyday

so i hope we try and pick him up again

Hines
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
also capezzi got released by the jets ps so i would pick him up and release dekker

Man_Of_Steel
09-19-2007, 12:33 PM
andre fraizer got released by the bengals...i really liked/like him and i would love to have him over cooper anyday

you do realize we cut frazier in order to keep cooper right?

Man_Of_Steel
09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
also capezzi got released by the jets ps so i would pick him up and release dekker

Cut by us and the Jets, lets shy away from him for now, Capizzi isnt the only lineman out there that can play.

mikehop05
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
hines ward skimming $$?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Smooth Criminal
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM

Steelers release one LB, sign another
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers today waived linebacker Marquis Cooper and acquired former Steelers linebacker Andre Frazier off waivers from the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cooper had an injured hamstring from the final preseason game and was inactive for the first two regular-season games.
Frazier made the team as an undrafted rookie in 2005 and played mostly on special teams. His leg was broken in the AFC championship game in Denver and he was released after the 2006 training camp.
He played last season for the Bengals, who waived him on Tuesday.

terribletowel39
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM

all your wildest dreams are coming true!!! this is exciting.

say you would rather win the superbowl than not.

brat316
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Also mention that you want everyone to be rich have a million dollars in their bank accounts. Except for you hurry before your luck goes away

terribletowel39
09-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Also mention that you want everyone to be rich have a million dollars in their bank accounts. Except for you hurry before your luck goes away
now you are just getting greedy. i personally would feel like a million bucks if the steelers were the first to six or won another superbowl at all.

Hines
09-19-2007, 10:37 PM
i cant believe i called the fraizer deal
haha

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 07:50 AM
all your wildest dreams are coming true!!! this is exciting.

say you would rather win the superbowl than not.

Frazier was looking as a really good until he got in an argument with Cowher. He had the speed, range. I'd say his best comparison is Crable of Michigan. He has the ability for coverage, is a solid passrusher, and is good against the run.

The reason he was cut was Cowher and he got in a fight. He was a tackling machine (I was at camp the day it happened). Cowher told Frazier to stop tackling his teammates. Frazier had about 15-20 tackles and was all over the field. But Cowher didn't want him to, and Frazier being a bit of a hot head. He's a cocky one but has the talent, especially over Cooper.

I really don't know why we kept Cooper. He was a decent ST guy, but he never dressed yet and Frazier is a huge upgrade over Cooper.

Height: 6045
Weight: 234
40 Yrd Dash: 4.66
20 Yrd Dash: 2.79
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
Wonderlic: 25
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'4"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 7.10

These were his #'s coming out of college

PittPete
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Plus Frazier is a special teams demon. I really like tomlin's approach to ST. Except for that long kickoff return(which he stepped out of bounds), our coverage is better than it ever was with Cowher. Even Harrison is back.

steelernation77
09-20-2007, 02:46 PM
you do realize we cut frazier in order to keep cooper right?

I think you're thinking of Rian Wallace.

DeathbyStat
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
This may sound dumb but has any one else noticed that troy isn't playing so well this year?

I hope i'm completely out of line.

terribletowel39
09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
This may sound dumb but has any one else noticed that troy isn't playing so well this year?

i don't know if he isn't play as well or if its not just the whole defense playing better. last year he was still playing his normal way (when he was in) and the rest of the defense (for the most part) weren't playing up to there potential. we haven't heard his name much but that could be considered a good thing. as long as the whole unit is only allowing 10 pts in 2 games, i am happy.

mikehop05
09-20-2007, 05:44 PM

he hasnt made as many tackles but the guys up front are stopping them before they get to troy so...

he leads the team in passes deflected with 3, which imo is an underrated stat

Man_Of_Steel
09-20-2007, 06:32 PM
All I know is so far this looks like the best Steelers D of the new millenium.

brat316
09-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Troy is the freelancer in the secondary and, Kesiel is the freelancer up front

Smooth Criminal
09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Troy hasn't looked very good in my mind. You can't really tell by watching because you never know what he is really supposed to do. The one thing I notice everytime I see him play is that he is a horrible tackler. He misses alot of tackles simply because he doesn't wrap up.

brat316
09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
I think he over shoots his tackles either he is going for that big hit, or just over runs the plays becuase of his speed.

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 10:35 PM
I think Troy is doing exactly what they want him to do. Keep the Qb's wary. He can lineup anywhere, and cover anywhere on the field. He's doing great. He has missed a few tackles but it's not because he's looking for the big hit, but because he's trying to take the legs out at a bad angle. It's not easy to try to slide through the OL, or fly around the edge and make a dead stop dive. But he is making plays and he is still the best SS in the league.

brat316
09-21-2007, 12:49 AM
yeah he still is an amazing SS

steelernation77
09-21-2007, 11:52 AM
So I'm going to Steelers/Rams in St. Louis. Just found out.

Man_Of_Steel
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
So I'm going to Steelers/Rams in St. Louis. Just found out.

cool, wonder is SJ will be back to form by then.

mikehop05
09-21-2007, 12:45 PM
cool, wonder is SJ will be back to form by then.

against us??

im going to go with no.

brat316
09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Doesn't matter we'll stop him he got no chance.

Hines
09-22-2007, 09:37 PM
so stiller anyone in your mock change yet

i would like to see one

mine hasnt changed and i still think we should get groves and hills in the first two rounds

but now that i think hills wont be there in the second i am liking chris williams a lot more

Mr. Stiller
09-22-2007, 10:35 PM
so stiller anyone in your mock change yet

i would like to see one

mine hasnt changed and i still think we should get groves and hills in the first two rounds

but now that i think hills wont be there in the second i am liking chris williams a lot more

Groves has looked absolutely horrendous since the first game of the season.

If Hills isn't around in round 2.. I take Jeff Otah..

1) Gholston/Harvey
2) Hills/Otah
3) Otah/Williams
4) Dre Moore
5) Foster OLB/ILB
6) Brandon Carr, CB, GVSU..

Thats it really.

mikehop05
09-23-2007, 12:32 AM
**** mocks

get moneyu

Man_Of_Steel
09-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Groves has looked absolutely horrendous since the first game of the season.

If Hills isn't around in round 2.. I take Jeff Otah..

1) Gholston/Harvey
2) Hills/Otah
3) Otah/Williams
4) Dre Moore
5) Foster OLB/ILB
6) Brandon Carr, CB, GVSU..

Thats it really.

/Harvey? Please dont tell me you value Gholston higher than Harvey lol.

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 09:51 PM
/Harvey? Please dont tell me you value Gholston higher than Harvey lol.

I do.

Gholston has "Leo" Experience, Has been in coverage, and is the much better prospect IMO. Harvey is like Ware... Gholston is like Merriman.

Man_Of_Steel
09-23-2007, 09:56 PM
I do.

Gholston has "Leo" Experience, Has been in coverage, and is the much better prospect IMO. Harvey is like Ware... Gholston is like Merriman.

Once again I really disagree. How you can call Gholston a much better prospect to me is absurd.

Hines
09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
so your saying gholston is better prospect and has been in coverage while harvy is the strict pass rusher. well wat i have wrong with that is that merriman is the strict pass rusher and ware is the coverage guy

so that woudl lead me to harvey as merriman and gholton as ware

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Once again I really disagree. How you can call Gholston a much better prospect to me is absurd.

Harvey is slower and lighter. Harvey is a great prospect in his own right.

Gholston has played the Leo Position, which is a quick switch 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. He's had more experience in coverage.

Like I said. Neither is a bad prospect.. I just think...

Harvey = DeMarcus Ware
Gholston = Shawn Merriman

Gholston runs a 4.62 40 at 6'4 262lbs
Harvey runs a 4.75 40 at 6'5 252lbs

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 10:02 PM
so your saying gholston is better prospect and has been in coverage while harvy is the strict pass rusher. well wat i have wrong with that is that merriman is the strict pass rusher and ware is the coverage guy

so that woudl lead me to harvey as merriman and gholton as ware

I wasn't saying thats why I compare them because of Gholstons coverage.

I think Gholston is the more dynamic player.

Harvey is a technique guy. Gholston is just raw power/speed. Once refined Gholston will be a Merriman like monster.

Gholston will be a dynamic pass rusher and possibly prolific passrusher.

Harvey will be a solid pass rusher but I don't think he'll be as good as Gholston.

Man_Of_Steel
09-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Harvey is slower and lighter. Harvey is a great prospect in his own right.

Gholston has played the Leo Position, which is a quick switch 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. He's had more experience in coverage.

Like I said. Neither is a bad prospect.. I just think...

Harvey = DeMarcus Ware
Gholston = Shawn Merriman

Gholston runs a 4.62 40 at 6'4 262lbs
Harvey runs a 4.75 40 at 6'5 252lbs

To be honest those numbers mean very little due to the position and how close they are. Harvey is a havoc and constantly draws the double team. While Gholston has potential he isnt a terror and will show flashes but dosent get double teamed and rarely fights like harvey. Again, I think both are great prospects but to me Harvey is superior.

Hines
09-23-2007, 10:11 PM
one player i like in the late round pass rushers is cliff averil outta purdue..

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
one player i like in the late round pass rushers is cliff averil outta purdue..

He's probably going to be a rd 3-4 DE/OLB

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
To be honest those numbers mean very little due to the position and how close they are. Harvey is a havoc and constantly draws the double team. While Gholston has potential he isnt a terror and will show flashes but dosent get double teamed and rarely fights like harvey. Again, I think both are great prospects but to me Harvey is superior.

It's possible, but from the games I watched thus far, I take Gholston.

But it could be a moot point as both could be drafted before we get to pick.