PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

Hines
09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
It's possible, but from the games I watched thus far, I take Gholston.

But it could be a moot point as both could be drafted before we get to pick.

thats why we get groves

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 10:16 PM
thats why we get groves

Who provides absolutely nothing in the run game.

I'd rather have Tommy Blake/Bruce Davis at that point because they'll atleast attack the runner.

Gholston doesn't. I think he'll be overdrafted by the Cardinals cause of his speed.

Hines
09-23-2007, 10:17 PM

I'd rather have Tommy Blake/Bruce Davis at that point because they'll atleast attack the runner.

Gholston doesn't. I think he'll be overdrafted by the Cardinals cause of his speed.

davis is small though..i dont want a player that our recievers or dbs or rbs are bigger then

Hines
09-23-2007, 10:18 PM
but one player if hes there in the first as a pass rusher is concerned is lawrence jackson

Hines
09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
here are some corners i will be looking at more as the season progresses

zack bowman 6'2 200 4.5
mike jenkins 6'0 200 4.5
simeon castille 6'1 189 4.6
dominique rogers-cromartie 6'2 170 4.45
charles godfrey 6'1 208 4.4
darnell terrell 6'3 205 4.45
marcus walker 5'11 190 4.4

these are some guys i could see us goin in round 2 or lower..and as u could tell, these are some big corners and they are fast and they have good ball skills..i think they will improve are secondary great

Mr. Stiller
09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
davis is small though..i dont want a player that our recievers or dbs or rbs are bigger then

Davis is 6'3 235lbs. He runs in the 4.5's, and he's a damn good DE. He could very well add 10-15 lbs by the time next season rolls around. Don't forget.. James Harrison is 6'0 242lbs.

Mr. Stiller
09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
but one player if hes there in the first as a pass rusher is concerned is lawrence jackson

Jackson wasn't impressive last year and he really doesn't fit our system.

Too slow and stocky for OLB.

Not strong enough or powerful enough to hold the point or Play DE.

DeathbyStat
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM

Dude i thought you were a huge Gholston fan

DChess
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
f.y.i. Mr.stiller was banned, just a heads up. carry on

Man_Of_Steel
09-25-2007, 12:55 PM
f.y.i. Mr.stiller was banned, just a heads up. carry on

Why was he banned?

mikehop05
09-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Why was he banned?

his sig was too big or something, though compared with some others i thought it was about the same

DeathbyStat
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Does anyone else see alot of Big Ben in Tim Tebow?

I might be out of my mind but what do you think?

Man_Of_Steel
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Does anyone else see alot of Big Ben in Tim Tebow?

I might be out of my mind but what do you think?

Its def a valid comparison and now that you mention it, yea its actually a real good comparison nice job.

DeathbyStat
09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Its def a valid comparison and now that you mention it, yea its actually a real good comparison nice job.

A dude that simply gets by on his physical prowess alone

mikehop05
09-26-2007, 09:04 PM
both big white QB's who are poised and can throw the r o c k

steelernation77
09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
his sig was too big or something, though compared with some others i thought it was about the same

banned? or suspended? It'd be pretty ridiculous to get banned over a sig.

Namy
09-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Please beat New England this season :]

Actually, I see you guys as the second best team in the NFL behind NE. You guys tho are not getting much recognition and I think it'll favor you guys overall.

skarocksoi
09-28-2007, 09:50 PM
We always seem to do much better when we are underrated by everyone.

brat316
09-29-2007, 06:34 AM
its wats expected of steelers, we fly under the radar. We play blue collar football run the ball, since its not fancy like Brady to Moss, people usally over look it. Untill 6 weeks down the line when we are 6-0 and then people go Ohhh look at them Steelers they came out of nowhere. When really people just kind of forget.

Hines
09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
if yall didnt know, hines is out for tommarows game

Hines
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
i want nate outta the game..he sucked today and u can clearly see he stopped on taht fly route..i guarentee if that was santonio, he woulda been gone and had his third td of the game..

fenikz
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
ya thats still out biggest weakness our corners can't cover deep

Hines
09-30-2007, 08:50 PM
ya thats still out biggest weakness our corners can't cover deep

which i dont understand why we didnt try deep more then three times taht game

confuses me

fenikz
09-30-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't think Big Ben had the time, he did a good job of not being sacked a lot (if you count 4 as not a lot) but he was being forced to run around a lot more then I'm sure he is used to

plus a lot of the time we were just rushing 4 and dropping everyone else so it was probably smart of him

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Our o-line is horrendous, plain and simple.

brat316
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Where was that running game at, how could the Cards stop our running game. But i give it to the Cards there D was pretty nice well there like front 4 for big guys they get to the QB.

fenikz
09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Where was that running game at, how could the Cards stop our running game. But i give it to the Cards there D was pretty nice well there like front 4 for big guys they get to the QB.

if you steelers fans would of listened to me you would of known it was coming.

mikehop05
09-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Our o-line is horrendous, plain and simple.

i agree, they played well enough to get by the first couple weeks, but it would be nice if ben didnt have to run for his life every other play

he looked great though

terribletowel39
10-01-2007, 02:18 AM
i don't think our o-line is horrendous just yet. they had one bad game. i blame the coaching staff for this loss. i didn't like the play calling at all. gave up on the run WAY WAY WAY too early. we also made too many mistakes. the penalties for sure. arizona's D isn't that good. we helped them out today by playing lousy. i know fenikz you aren't going to believe that but yea we did. dropped balls has not been a seen thing this year and they were everywhere, ben and nate not being in sync was to me odd. the only good thing i take out of this game is holmes. looks better and better every time i watch him. someone should keep up with what Mr. Stiller was doing with the TDs between Holmes and Clayton. i love me some #10.

brat316
10-01-2007, 02:21 AM
We were missing Ward as well, but Jerry Rice did say Holmes is going to be special or something along those lines. Its Jerry Freaking Rice come on.

steelernation77
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
The CBS broadcasters failed to notice that Hampton didn't play most of the game. That's the main reason they had some success running the ball. Add losing Troy, and there's the biggest two players on our D gone. Factor in playing without Hines, and playing against coaches that know all our players tendencies and probably most of our plays, and its not a surprising loss. Luckily, it was out of conference, Baltimore lost, and it should light a fire under the team for next week. Remember, there's more to learn from a loss than a blowout victory.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 09:29 AM
What's LaMarr Woodley been up to? Has he picked up any more sacks?

fenikz
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
i don't think our o-line is horrendous just yet. they had one bad game. i blame the coaching staff for this loss. i didn't like the play calling at all. gave up on the run WAY WAY WAY too early. we also made too many mistakes. the penalties for sure. arizona's D isn't that good. we helped them out today by playing lousy. i know fenikz you aren't going to believe that but yea we did. dropped balls has not been a seen thing this year and they were everywhere, ben and nate not being in sync was to me odd. the only good thing i take out of this game is holmes. looks better and better every time i watch him. someone should keep up with what Mr. Stiller was doing with the TDs between Holmes and Clayton. i love me some #10.

You can package it how ever you want, I'm just happy that the Cardinals came out victorious.

Man_Of_Steel
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Seems to me that you are blaming the exucution rather than the playcalling.

brat316
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I think it was a bit of both, we were missing some key players, blocking not that great. Also we stop running the ball in the second half

terribletowel39
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Seems to me that you are blaming the exucution rather than the playcalling.
yea like bharrat said, we didn't execute to perfection like the last 3 weeks so that was bad but i mainly still blame the playcalling. i'm sure all of us steeler fans have seen the stat of if ben doesn't make more than 21 attempts we are like 23-1 or something and it keeps going up. granted thats a little skewed because if we are behind we are throwing it more. but the coaching staff gave up on the run too early. it seemed like 60-70% of willie's runs came on 2nd and 3rd down. passing just about every 1st.

also thought there were some questionable calls and spots but i'm over it. seahawks are next, can't dwell on past losses.

DeathbyStat
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I hate to say it but this team is looking more and more like last years team.....they look great against bad teams...namely bad defenses and look terrible against any team that has any type of decent defense

Smooth Criminal
10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
The O-line looked bad on all counts. They took to many penalties and there always seemed to be people in the backfield whether we ran the ball or Ben was dropping back.

Washington and Wilson both proved why they arn't good enough to start and why we need to add another reciever because Ward is only going to get worse on injuries as he gets older.

I didn't think Ben had a horrible game. There were alot of dropped passes and we always seemed to be in 3rd and 20 which is really hard for a QB to deal with. The INT on the goalline is unacceptable.

The defense didn't look as good as I was expecting either. James was somewhat effective on the ground and we had no way of stopping any of their recievers. Holding Arizona to 14 offensive points isn't horrible by any means considering that is their strength but it probably should have been more.

Only good thing is that this loss came to a noncoference opponant on the road. There arn't any tiebreakers in it that will haunt us at the end of the season.

And it could be worse, we could have been like Baltimore and Cincy and lost to Cleveland.

brat316
10-01-2007, 03:45 PM
ahahha i know i cant belive that how can they lose to cleavland

skarocksoi
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
The O-line seemed to be the major cause of our offensive troubles, as the root of most of the other problems (lack of running game, pressure on ben, etc) stems soley from them. That being said, I think you're overreacting quite a bit to say that they are horrible. I think we have an above average line as of right now, and one bad game shouldn't necessitate hitting the panic button just yet.

I'd wait to see how they perform against the Seahawks before making a decision. They have a good defensive line and we can gauge our ability compared to that, because despite the fact that we played 3 weak teams to start with, we have completely dominated the opposing team. If our line was as bad as people make it seem to be, they would have played moderately well, not dominately.

I have to agree with whomever said we were looking ahead to next week, cause I think that was the case. The penalties, dropped balls and the two fumbles on the handoff for running plays reeked of a team not focused on the game at hand. That is the most dissapointing thing to me, as Tomlin is a guy who seems to normally have his team focused on the task at hand. Hopefully they come out next week and play smarter and with a fire.

Jakey
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Whats up guys? Another Stillers fan here, i've been reading this thread forever, so i thought it was bout time i joined in.

mikehop05
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Whats up guys? Another Stillers fan here, i've been reading this thread forever, so i thought it was bout time i joined in.

sounds good

the more the merrier (same line i use when talking about breast implants)

terribletowel39
10-02-2007, 09:18 PM
when you say Stillers fan, do you mean Mr. Stiller or the Pittsburgh Steelers??

Jakey
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
when you say Stillers fan, do you mean Mr. Stiller or the Pittsburgh Steelers??

I meant Pittsburgh Steelers, but ive read allot of Mr. Stillers posts and that dude knows his stuff!

Hines
10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I meant Pittsburgh Steelers, but ive read allot of Mr. Stillers posts and that dude knows his stuff!

yeah well he aint here no more

skarocksoi
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Is he coming back or is he gone for good?

mikehop05
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Is he coming back or is he gone for good?

he may be getting reinstated

terribletowel39
10-04-2007, 01:00 AM
so i totally was able to get tickets the the LSU vs Florida game this weekend in Death Valley. its gonna be kick ass.

Man_Of_Steel
10-04-2007, 09:58 AM
so i totally was able to get tickets the the LSU vs Florida game this weekend in Death Valley. its gonna be kick ass.

Thats pretty solid, keep an eye on some pospects and come back with info.

Jakey
10-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Steelers have added RB Justin Vincent of LSU to practice squad, and released RB Jamaal Branch. I dont know much about Vincent, anyone else got any info' on him?

Hines
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
i dont want nate starting if hines cant go..nate doesnt try and cant catch

Jakey
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I like Nate allot but i think he'd do better staying in the slot, he's been most successfull using his speed to beat the safety deep. And i just dont know if his hands are reliable enough to stay at No 2, if not i could see Ben havin another rough day against the 'Hawks.

Hines
10-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I like Nate allot but i think he'd do better staying in the slot, he's been most successfull using his speed to beat the safety deep. And i just dont know if his hands are reliable enough to stay at No 2, if not i could see Ben havin another rough day against the 'Hawks.

in all honesty i think i would rather have wilson starting and i dont like wilson so much..maybe give reid a shot wouldnt hurt..

Jakey
10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
in all honesty i think i would rather have wilson starting and i dont like wilson so much..maybe give reid a shot wouldnt hurt..

i prefer Nate to Wilson, but i prefer Reid to Wilson, so i'd be all for giving him a shot, he looked good in the preseason and he looked ok last week, an hes definately got the speed to burn em deep aswell.

Man_Of_Steel
10-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I think its apparent after last game that Nate isnt a viable starting option. That leaves us with realistically Wilson and Reid to choose from. To me the choice between the two is simple, Wilson. He knows the playbook and has shown he can be a adequete replacement for Ward, he gets the job done. As much as I like to see players like Reid who are loaded with potential get a shot its not wise. Coming off a loss and facing a tough opponent the safe and logical selection would be Wilson.

mikehop05
10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
i think ward will go though

ill take a 80% ward over a 100% wilson / washington any day

Jakey
10-04-2007, 02:24 PM
i think ward will go though

ill take a 80% ward over a 100% wilson / washington any day

Ye same as, I know alot people rave about Wards blocking skills but i still think he's underrated, In the games where he doesnt play the running game suffers as much as the passing game, and that kills our whole gameplan.

terribletowel39
10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Steelers have added RB Justin Vincent of LSU to practice squad, and released RB Jamaal Branch. I dont know much about Vincent, anyone else got any info' on him?
he is the running back that smashed all OU fans dreams of winning a national championship when he broke the opening play for like 65 yards in the national championship game back in 03 or whenever it was. he was injured a lot. and plus LSU has always had a talented backfield so it is hard to focus on one because they have so many.

and about this Nate/Wilson debate. I want Nate starting. I think you guys are focusing too much on the two dropped (well one dropped, one over thrown) the dropped one where he stretched out was a difficult catch to make and i wouldn't expect many WR's to come down with it in the NFL, the one where he slowed down and then couldn't catch up to the ball, yes that was stupid and i don't really know what he was thinking but **** he had the guy beat. he is a capable WR and he has more than decent hands, i'd say fourth on the team behind Ward, Holmes, and Miller. maybe i've got a little Al Davis in me and just like the fact that he is athletic as hell but thats my take on it.

Jakey
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I've allways liked Nate and i think his got allot of promise, i guess im just still abit pissed the he missed two balls and we lost the crads.

Hines
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
he is the running back that smashed all OU fans dreams of winning a national championship when he broke the opening play for like 65 yards in the national championship game back in 03 or whenever it was. he was injured a lot. and plus LSU has always had a talented backfield so it is hard to focus on one because they have so many.

and about this Nate/Wilson debate. I want Nate starting. I think you guys are focusing too much on the two dropped (well one dropped, one over thrown) the dropped one where he stretched out was a difficult catch to make and i wouldn't expect many WR's to come down with it in the NFL, the one where he slowed down and then couldn't catch up to the ball, yes that was stupid and i don't really know what he was thinking but **** he had the guy beat. he is a capable WR and he has more than decent hands, i'd say fourth on the team behind Ward, Holmes, and Miller. maybe i've got a little Al Davis in me and just like the fact that he is athletic as hell but thats my take on it.

that wasnt an overthrow, he stopped running and jogged untill he knew it was goin to be over thrown..then he started to run

he has inconsistant hands and while i do like him, i just dont want him starting

terribletowel39
10-04-2007, 07:01 PM
that wasnt an overthrow, he stopped running and jogged untill he knew it was goin to be over thrown..then he started to run

he has inconsistant hands and while i do like him, i just dont want him starting
yea i know it wasn't an overthrow, continue reading and i state that. i know it is was a mistake on Washingtons part but yall are acting like yall expect him to be Jerry Rice, young WR without a lot of experience, he is going to make mistakes. and even though it feels like we talk about him and Wilson a lot, they both are still inexperienced. anyways i'm pretty confident that Hines will be back on the field. he'll want to play in the game that is a rematch of the Super Bowl just so he can say, "yea, we did it again."

mikehop05
10-04-2007, 07:08 PM
nate is just too raw still

and he blocks like a girl

Hines
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
yea i know it wasn't an overthrow, continue reading and i state that. i know it is was a mistake on Washingtons part but yall are acting like yall expect him to be Jerry Rice, young WR without a lot of experience, he is going to make mistakes. and even though it feels like we talk about him and Wilson a lot, they both are still inexperienced. anyways i'm pretty confident that Hines will be back on the field. he'll want to play in the game that is a rematch of the Super Bowl just so he can say, "yea, we did it again."

it seems like he makes mistakes every time he touches the field..ya he is raw but this is his third year in the pros i think he should be addapted by now

terribletowel39
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
it seems like he makes mistakes every time he touches the field..ya he is raw but this is his third year in the pros i think he should be addapted by now
yea but there is a large difference in starting and not starting and lining up in either slot and then lining up as #1. i mean aside from the one mistake he didn't do anything else wrong and you can find something good in the mistake in the fact that he had his guy scorched (twice) and about the blocking mike, we have to compare them to normal WR's you can't compare him to the best blocking WR in the league which is what we are used to seeing.

brat316
10-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Nates not a big guy either, I like him as a speed slot WR, Reid or Wilson should try being the number 1, even though this is Reid's first real year.

Mr. Stiller
10-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I missed you guys.

Man_Of_Steel
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I missed you guys.

Good to have you back.

Hines
10-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I missed you guys.

welcome back stiller..how was the week off

terribletowel39
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
I missed you guys.
welcome back....and watch out for the new guy, i think he likes you. :D

Mr. Stiller
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
welcome back....and watch out for the new guy, i think he likes you. :D

Can't complain, at least he has good taste.

Smooth Criminal
10-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Ward will be out this week as will McFadden. Troy is rumored to be hurt more severly than we thought and he could sit aswell.

Not a good thing in a game that was already suppose to be close.

Mr. Stiller
10-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Ward will be out this week as will McFadden. Troy is rumored to be hurt more severly than we thought and he could sit aswell.

Not a good thing in a game that was already suppose to be close.

Polamalu has a Cartilage tear in his abdomen. An Smith is supposed to be starting sunday (Good thing I have his jersey)

McFadden may be out as much as a month with a high ankle sprain.

Hampton was held out of practice, and most think he's a no go.

With those 3 out, Tomlin might elect to give Ward another week off so he's healthy for the long run instead of just getting a win against a non-divisional foe.

Mr. Stiller
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
i dont want nate starting if hines cant go..nate doesnt try and cant catch

Nate is very possibly the most athletic WR on the squad. He does make a lot of mistakes. You forget he was a UDFA from Tiffin. I think your expectations are a little out of line here too.

3rd year UDFA with 1 full year of #3 experience. He's going to progress. This is a new coaching staff and a new season.

Nate does try, he tries very hard, he just makes bonehead plays (Slowing up on a route, not coming back on the ball, not recognizing that he's the blitz read.)

But what do you expect though? I mean any team short of the Colts or NE at this point.. if their #1 WR goes down, production is going to suffer. Very few teams have as good Offensive WR depth as we do. With Ward out, we can still go 4 wide, and have some success.

brat316
10-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I think Wilson would be a better choice to start and keeping Nate at Slot would be the best thing to do.

Mr. Stiller
10-06-2007, 12:42 PM
I think Wilson would be a better choice to start and keeping Nate at Slot would be the best thing to do.

Wilson doesn't have Nates Size, speed or agility. Nate just has to get his head in the game and focus.

Ced Wilson was lighting it up this preseason, but he went into season mode- forgetting how to catch or run the right routes.

Hines
10-07-2007, 10:27 AM
if you havent heard, we might be without najeh because of a domestic dispute

no arrest have been made or charges have been filed but it is under investigation

i think its more of some trick wanting his money in all honesty

Smooth Criminal
10-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Holmes' injury made the dispute over starting Washington or Wilson pointless. Ben was perfect even with the worst starting recievers in the league today.

Jakey
10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I think the main reason we came back so strong this week is Mike Tomlin, everything ive seen about him is positive, especially the way he communicates with the players. I saw his press conference after the Zona game, and i knew right then that we wouldnt lose this game. The dudes got allot of determination, and i think it showed this week.

Hines
10-07-2007, 04:43 PM
after the bye week, i believe we will win every game leading up to the patriot game

brat316
10-07-2007, 04:58 PM
i think someone will injury brady some how, and the pats season will suck after taht.

Hines
10-07-2007, 05:00 PM
i think someone will injury brady some how, and the pats season will suck after taht.

lets do the carson palmer way and have someone "block" casey into his knee
haha
jk

i wouldnt wish injury on someone like that

Jakey
10-07-2007, 05:32 PM
lets do the carson palmer way and have someone "block" casey into his knee
haha
jk

i wouldnt wish injury on someone like that

Ye man, we need to sign Kemo 'The Knee crusher' Von Oelhoffen back, he'd sort Brady out no problem. ;)

Smooth Criminal
10-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Hate to bring this discussion back down to earth but we play all 3 of our division opponants in a row starting week 8. You can't look past these teams even if they arn't doing great this year.

brat316
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah division game are going to be hard, i think its going to be a rough strech from week 8

mikehop05
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
i was so confused for a while when i saw holmes was getting no receptions...

couldnt watch the game since the skins played at the same time and holmes wasnt on the inactive list... then i heard he tweaked his hammy or w/e before the game

NFLBOY
10-07-2007, 11:29 PM
What I really liked today was how Wilson came back to the ball to help Ben out when he was under pressure or scrambling. Very impressive defense also today. I wasn't a huge fan of the Tomlin hiring, but am now becoming a believer in his style. From what I've seen so far I really like and am glad we did sign him.

Mr. Stiller
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
What I really liked today was how Wilson came back to the ball to help Ben out when he was under pressure or scrambling. Very impressive defense also today. I wasn't a huge fan of the Tomlin hiring, but am now becoming a believer in his style. From what I've seen so far I really like and am glad we did sign him.

agreed. A Polamalu-less secondary won that game on defense. The pressure up front wasn't great (Seattle still has a great OL), but Ike, DeShea, Willie *** and Our 3 safeties took one of the deepest WR cores out of the game.

Hasselbeck couldn't do anything to save his life.

Hines
10-08-2007, 11:20 AM
we are going on a run..i am calling it now..after we lost to the cards i told everyone at my school that they are gonna win every game going up to the patsies game..and the way we played today, i know we will..we will get some respect

Smooth Criminal
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
going into NE 10-1 would be nice. Coming out 11-1 would be even better.

mikehop05
10-08-2007, 05:21 PM
going into NE 10-1 would be nice. Coming out 11-1 would be even better.

agreed, though cinci scares me a tad

skarocksoi
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Baltimore scares me more. They always play us hard no matter how they are playing the rest of their season.

Smooth Criminal
10-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Both Baltimore and Cincy are going to be tough games. I don't think we match up well against either team. Sure Cincy's defense is trash but does that matter if they are putting up 30+? Same goes for Baltimore's offense if their defense isn't giving anything up.

I think we have more talent and are more balenced then both of these teams but with the amount of talent Cincy has on offense and Baltimore has on defense they can pull a shocker any game.

terribletowel39
10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
yea i agree with rock, baltimore is the only one that scares me. they could go 2-14 in a season but the two wins would be against us and that **** pisses me off, but true. they always seem to play much much harder when playing us. i don't know what it is.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Both Baltimore and Cincy are going to be tough games. I don't think we match up well against either team. Sure Cincy's defense is trash but does that matter if they are putting up 30+? Same goes for Baltimore's offense if their defense isn't giving anything up.

I think we have more talent and are more balenced then both of these teams but with the amount of talent Cincy has on offense and Baltimore has on defense they can pull a shocker any game.

Cincy doesn't play Defense half as well as they did last year.

Their Offense is also sputtering.

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Cincy doesn't play Defense half as well as they did last year.

Their Offense is also sputtering.

Their offense still has all of the talent that made it one of the top offenses in the league the last few years. They have the capability to put up 35+ points in any given game if they get their **** together.

Their defense is not playing well as everyone knows but it is very possible to win games while playing horrible defense as long as your offense is ready to put points on the board everytime they have the ball.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Their offense still has all of the talent that made it one of the top offenses in the league the last few years. They have the capability to put up 35+ points in any given game if they get their **** together.

Their defense is not playing well as everyone knows but it is very possible to win games while playing horrible defense as long as your offense is ready to put points on the board everytime they have the ball.

True.

With that said Palmer is throwing 2 INT's a game.

They've played a so-so schedule.. Baltimore and Cleveland. Also Losing to Seattle. And being Slaughtered by NE.

The best defense they faced was NE, and personally I feel our defense is on par or better than their defense.

NE's offense is much better than ours merely on their OL and WR talent.

But I honestly am not that scared of the Ravens or Cincy this year.

Palmer is making a lot of mistakes. Add the fact the #1 we struggle with is Chris Henry and he's out atleast the first game.

I think Cincy isn't going to present more of a problem than SEA did, and we should be completely healthy by then.

As for Baltimore, as long as we force McNair to win the game and take McGahee out, it's ours.

It should take us 24-31 Points to knock off the Bengals.

Should take about 14-21 points to knock off the Ravens

brat316
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
That does sound ike a g ood game plan

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
That does sound ike a g ood game plan

I think we should use the Tomlin2 Style that we used against Seattle to fluster Palmer into mistakes.

He's a guy that can be very accurate even with a hit. So don't worry about making him "hear" footsteps, just shut down his options.

As for Baltimore, keep McGahee out of the game and Force McNair to throw. With our defensive secondary this season, I'm willing to let them challenge anyone. I can't wait to see how they stack up against NE.

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Obviously I think we are a better team than both Baltimore and Cincinatti, I just don't think they will be easy wins.

Palmer is a very talented QB. Sure he hasn't looked good this year but we all know he is still a very good QB. He is incredibly accurate and has great targets to throw the ball to. If Palmer is on his A game our offense could get challenged.

But chances are that he won't be simply because they have been out of sync this season and they will still be rattled by injuries in 3 weeks.

skarocksoi
10-09-2007, 05:39 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if we split our games against Baltimore and Cincy, although if we are going to sweep one of the two, I think it will be the Bengals. Or at least I hope its them.

brat316
10-09-2007, 05:39 PM
So far, we win games when we shut down the running game, i.e. Buffalo and Seabiscuts, browns.

If we stop McGahee then we probably win the game.
For Cincy they have enough ability if they lack running game, they can make up for it. So we just go to get that pass rush, and drill Palmer, before he can make those throws.

Jakey
10-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I was jus wondering what you guys think our regular season record is gonna be at the end of the year? I know most ppl had us going 8-8 or 9-7, but right now i just cant see us losing that many games. Im gonna be conservite (so i dont get blasted by the pesimists) and say we finish at least 10-6. But i wouldnt be supprised if we finished 12-4 to be honest(go on then blast me :p ). Whats your thoughts on this???

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I was jus wondering what you guys think our regular season record is gonna be at the end of the year? I know most ppl had us going 8-8 or 9-7, but right now i just cant see us losing that many games. Im gonna be conservite (so i dont get blasted by the pesimists) and say we finish at least 10-6. But i wouldnt be supprised if we finished 12-4 to be honest(go on then blast me :p ). Whats your thoughts on this???

I'm going to see how we stack up against division foes Cincy and Baltimore once.

I had predicted earlier this year at worst 10-6, at best 13-3.

Arizona, NE, and possibly Bal/Cin/Den/Jax

I think We could fall to NE, though we'll be the best team NE faces pre-postseason.

I see us beating Jax, Baltimore and Cincy but We tend to lose focus during those games for whatever reason.

Man_Of_Steel
10-10-2007, 08:55 PM

So many factors go into each game, I mean whod of thought we would fall to Arizona? Im sticking with my preseason prediction of 12-4.

Hines
10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
as i look at the remaining schedule and not underustimating anyone, i think we will go 13-3 with loses to new england and jacksonville(they always beat us)

PittPete
10-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm willing to amend my preseason prediction of 16-0 and go to 15-1.

Jakey
10-11-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm willing to amend my preseason prediction of 16-0 and go to 15-1.

Its allways good to be conservitive ;)

DeathbyStat
10-12-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't really want to take a Corner in the first round but have us taking one and he wants us to take Cason over Justin King....i'm not a fan of this.

Mr. Stiller
10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't really want to take a Corner in the first round but have us taking one and he wants us to take Cason over Justin King....i'm not a fan of this.

I'd rather have Mike Jenkins in round 1 than Antoine Cason.

With that said OL is more of an issue than CB.

DeathbyStat
10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I'd rather have Mike Jenkins in round 1 than Antoine Cason.

With that said OL is more of an issue than CB.

I don't a corner round 1 and especially not Cason

Man_Of_Steel
10-12-2007, 11:11 AM

OL is a much more pressing need but if Long, Baker, Cherilious and Clady are gone there just isnt a lineman worthy of the pick. Then we will look corner. Likley in our draft position we would have a shot at Justin King, Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Antonie Cason.

skarocksoi
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I'd prefer a lineman in that spot too but if we were to take a CB, I'd definitely take J-King over Cason. In fact, I'll start the chant now. Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin!

He played high school at Gateway, so he's used to playing in Black and Gold.

brat316
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
any chance that we might take a LB in that spot seeing that OL men are gone, is it like 50/50 LB/CB

Man_Of_Steel
10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
any chance that we might take a LB in that spot seeing that OL men are gone, is it like 50/50 LB/CB

No, its not. There is more of a chance we are gonna go RB than LB in round 1.

Smooth Criminal
10-12-2007, 10:09 PM
We do not need a first round corner. Come draft time we will be sitting pretty to take the #1 guard prospect late in the first round to replace Faneca. There may not be a guard ranked high enough now but there will be one come draft day.

And there is very little chance of us taking a RB in round 1. You don't take a round 1 guy to be Willie's backup. davenport has done a great job so far and the only way Rb is even a need next season is if Davenport is suspended for his recent charges which is unlikely.

I don't think LB is a possibility either. Woodley will replace Haggans next year and Timmons will be in line to replace Farrior after he retires. Harrison has done a great job as has Foote and they are both contrcted for several more years.

skarocksoi
10-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd like a first round guard myself. Not a flashy pick, but it would definitely go a long way. Tackle in the second, then fill in where needed after that.

skarocksoi
10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I read an article in the recent edition of ESPN magazine about Willie and it was really good. It gave you a good idea of what the man is like, and the drive that posesses him. It actually had me laughing out loud in a couple of parts.

One of my favorite quotes, "The Steelers added that play [Halfback Pass] for Parker last year, providing explicit instructions: If the primary receiver isn't open, run. Parker asked "What are my second and third reads?" Told there were none, he said, "Man, thats not fair-everybody else has second and third reads."

Good article and I suggest you pick it up if you see it in the stores.

Hines
10-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I read an article in the recent edition of ESPN magazine about Willie and it was really good. It gave you a good idea of what the man is like, and the drive that posesses him. It actually had me laughing out loud in a couple of parts.

One of my favorite quotes, "The Steelers added that play [Halfback Pass] for Parker last year, providing explicit instructions: If the primary receiver isn't open, run. Parker asked "What are my second and third reads?" Told there were none, he said, "Man, thats not fair-everybody else has second and third reads."

Good article and I suggest you pick it up if you see it in the stores.

ya i printed that article out yesterday haha..i laughed when ben says that willie complains cuz he dont get the rock enough on passing downs and ben ignores willie

mikehop05
10-13-2007, 12:37 PM
haha yea that is a funny article... crazy willie 2nd options are for quarterbacks!

and yeah i see us going G/T rd one and i think poss WR rd 2 then line again RD 3

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I'd like a first round guard myself. Not a flashy pick, but it would definitely go a long way. Tackle in the second, then fill in where needed after that.

We're more set at G than OT. Kemo is likely the suitor for the LG spot.. if not him Simmons.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
OL is a much more pressing need but if Long, Baker, Cherilious and Clady are gone there just isnt a lineman worthy of the pick. Then we will look corner. Likley in our draft position we would have a shot at Justin King, Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Antonie Cason.

Disagree. Chris Williams of Vanderbilt is worthy of our 1st round pick.

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Disagree. Chris Williams of Vanderbilt is worthy of our 1st round pick.

I dont feel like reaching a full round for a player is justafiable.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I dont feel like reaching a full round for a player is justafiable.

Who says he's a late 2nd to early 3rd rounder?

By draft time he'll be worth a first round pick when people start to recognize. He's climbing draft boards.

The guy hasn't let up a sack in the SEC for about 15-18 straight games..

thats against...

Moses, Groves, Brinkley, Mester, Moss, Anderson, Gilberry = 0 Sacks.

Jakey
10-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Does any1 know how Lawrence Timmons is progressing? I know he is only playing on special teams (leads team in ST tackles), but has anyone heard on how he's progressing as a 'Backer, if he's moving to ILB and all that kinda jazz???

Mr. Stiller
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Does any1 know how Lawrence Timmons is progressing? I know he is only playing on special teams (leads team in ST tackles), but has anyone heard on how he's progressing as a 'Backer, if he's moving to ILB and all that kinda jazz???

I heard that he knows the playbook like the back of his hand, he's just not ready for the big show, especially considering our interior ILB's are playing way above their means.

He should be very good next year.

mikehop05
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I heard that he knows the playbook like the back of his hand, he's just not ready for the big show, especially considering our interior ILB's are playing way above their means.

He should be very good next year.

if he even gets any PT next year...

the way farrior / foote are playing now he might not see the field unless an injury occurs [ god forbid]

Mr. Stiller
10-15-2007, 11:51 PM
if he even gets any PT next year...

the way farrior / foote are playing now he might not see the field unless an injury occurs [ god forbid]

With his Athleticism, if he gets the playbook down, he should be able to supplant Larry Foote pretty handedly.

I like Foote so I'm not calling for his head, but Timmons is in another dimension athletically and I think towards the end of the season we'll see him more in dime/Nickel Packages. Perhaps even lining up at Safety.

Jakey
10-16-2007, 06:41 AM
That sounds positive man, i was pleased with the pick at the time but ever since that groin injury lingered, ive been a bit doubtfull. But like you said Stiller, his athleticism is off the charts and acording to fast willie he hits pretty hard aswell.

Jakey
10-16-2007, 06:45 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_532528.html

Man_Of_Steel
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_532528.html

Thats a really intriguing piece there.

Hines
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
hines will play on sunday

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_289122455.html

Mr. Stiller
10-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Guys I noticed something.

Ravens:

0-2 vs. AFC North and Actual Starting QBs..

4-0 vs. Backup QB's (Clemens, Frerotte, Dilfer and Warner)

Are they really that good? Or have they just lucked out by injuries to the right guys.

Jakey
10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
^ I think their only playing average at the minute, and thier offence totally stinks. But like ppl have said before me, they allways seem to play hardest aginst us, and thier Defence is allways dangerous. But IMHO they are one of the worse 4 win teams in the league, and I hope they stay that way.

brat316
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Who ever has Parker for fantasy, is so damn lukcy, number 2 rushing vs. 32 ranked run D. Denver is going down.

terribletowel39
10-16-2007, 06:19 PM
then its going down. you know the homer inside me had to grab him.

mikehop05
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
then its going down. you know the homer inside me had to grab him.

i may pick up najeh actually for this game, he is an FA

last week he put up more poitns than willie, too

terribletowel39
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
i may pick up najeh actually for this game, he is an FA

last week he put up more poitns than willie, too
i got him too, last thursday i believe. and willie hasn't been getting any TDs just the yards. kinda feel bad for him for fighting so hard and only have 1 TD. oh well i'm sure from what i read he doesn't mind. but from a fantasy stand point i sure want him to be getting those TDs.

brat316
10-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Its like before with duce and Bus, where Duce would work the field and bus would steal the TDs. I guess they feel, Najeh is better at the goaline.

Mr. Stiller
10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Its like before with duce and Bus, where Duce would work the field and bus would steal the TDs. I guess they feel, Najeh is better at the goaline.
They still leave Willie in a lot at the goalline..

1 TD versus San Francisco ~ 39 Yard Gallop
2 TD versus Seattle Seahawks ~ 1 from the 1 yard line, 1 from the 5.

I think they determined Willie isn't the big goalline RB.

However, if you figure that the TD vs SF was just Najeh spelling Willie at the end of the game.. He really only has 2 TD's over Willie for Goal-lining.

Hines
10-17-2007, 11:29 AM
quinten moses got released by the cards..anyone think we should grab him?

Jakey
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
quinten moses got released by the cards..anyone think we should grab him?

I wouldnt mind adding him to the practice squad, but theres obviously something not right with him. I mean he's been released by the Cards and the Raiders, it makes you wonder whats wrong?

mikehop05
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I wouldnt mind adding him to the practice squad, but theres obviously something not right with him. I mean he's been released by the Cards and the Raiders, it makes you wonder whats wrong?

too weak / slow?

Mr. Stiller
10-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Lazy?

He's too slow for 3-4 OLB. Why not bulk him up 1-2 years and use him as a pass rushing 3-4 DE?

Jakey
10-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Lazy?

He's too slow for 3-4 OLB. Why not bulk him up 1-2 years and use him as a pass rushing 3-4 DE?

I thought about that, but thought as using him as a 4-3 (nickel) DE as a passrush specialist. Kinda like Denver use Dumerville. I think Woodley and Moses could be awesome on 3rd down.

Hines
10-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Lazy?

hes not slow..didnt he run a 4.8..well i read that haggans ran a 5 flat so i wouldnt call moses slow..

ill find the link and show you where he ran that five flat

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
hes not slow..didnt he run a 4.8..well i read that haggans ran a 5 flat so i wouldnt call moses slow..

no need for the link we all know the truth to it but football speed wise, he is the fastest starting linebacker. thats been said by coaches and players for a while now.

Hines
10-18-2007, 12:03 PM
no need for the link we all know the truth to it but football speed wise, he is the fastest starting linebacker. thats been said by coaches and players for a while now.

well then maybe moses needs a brother telling him to do something and he will listen

Hines
10-18-2007, 12:05 PM
heres the link just in case

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/nfldraft/players/40641.html

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
well then maybe moses needs a brother telling him to do something and he will listen
ya never know. he may just not have the desire to play.

mikehop05
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
ya never know. he may just not have the desire to play.

bingo.

(10 chars)

Mr. Stiller
10-19-2007, 12:13 AM

Haggans ran a 5.08 at the combine.. and he's not exactly our best coverage linebacker (In fact he's probably the worst coverage LB on our team) thats why you'll only see him cover the Right Flat.

I'm not saying Moses couldn't do it. I just think it's rather improbable. I doubt it's a case of him not wanting to play.

I would bring him in for 1 of 2 things ... train on the practice squad as a 3-4 OLB (Word has it that he excelled at Standup DE in both Oakland and Arizona, but just wasn't complete enough). With some work he could increase his speed, and he's already a good passrusher.. He's great with angles and hand work, he just didn't have the strength or explosion off the snap. I think on the PS he would gain that.. and if not, could try bulking him up to about 280 as a Keisel like DE.

I'm really digging Shawn Crable in round 2 as our ROLB. Already has Great speed, pro-size... he's a 4-3 OLB capable of playing 3-4 OLB. Perfect. Good in coverage.. and he hits like a mack truck. Not to mention his nasty demeanor.

PittPete
10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't mind Crable in round 2, especially if we get Jake Long in round one. I am the biggest wolverine hater(go OSU) but love them when they become steelers.

Man_Of_Steel
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't mind Crable in round 2, especially if we get Jake Long in round one. I am the biggest wolverine hater(go OSU) but love them when they become steelers.

What world are you on that tells you we have any shot at Jake Long?

Jakey
10-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Lol, i realy hope we dont draft Jake Long (i never thought i'd say that!)

Mr. Stiller
10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Lol, i realy hope we dont draft Jake Long (i never thought i'd say that!)

Why not? He could be the next Leon Searcy.. the best RT in the NFL.

Jakey
10-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Why not? He could be the next Leon Searcy.. the best RT in the NFL.

Simply because i dont want to be drafting that high. If we dont finish in the top 4 this year... i'll be dissapointed big time!

PittPete
10-20-2007, 09:31 AM
There's not any chance Crable will be there at the end of rd 2 either. Next years draft seems deep in tackles and one should drop to us though. while most people have Jake listed as the top tackle in the draft, last weeks sporting news had a comment that he may go late first round because of early season struggles. Maybe we could package Simmons and that stupid mascot and move up to get him.

Man_Of_Steel
10-20-2007, 11:14 AM
There's not any chance Crable will be there at the end of rd 2 either. Next years draft seems deep in tackles and one should drop to us though. while most people have Jake listed as the top tackle in the draft, last weeks sporting news had a comment that he may go late first round because of early season struggles. Maybe we could package Simmons and that stupid mascot and move up to get him.

The Sporting News is reknown for presentation but horrid information. They had Arizona St. TE Zack Miller a top 5 pick in their mock draft last year. The Sporting News is terrible. Also Long didnt struggle Michigan did. Long has blocked well for Hart all year. Hes a top 5 give or take pick, there is zero chance he ges outside the top ten. Despite what stiller says he is a LT, scouts, gms, coaches and almost everyone on this board knows that.

skarocksoi
10-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Pretty much Long and Hart are the only really consistant players for Michigan, at least in the early goings. Long is the Joe Thomas of last year, and will probably be picked in the top 5. We will have almost no shot at him unless we make a crazy trade up, or blow the rest of the season. I hope for neither.

Hines
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
since clark hurt his spleen, do you think we will pick up a saftey for depth..i mean we only have smith, poly and carter now

brat316
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Maybe but who is left, I think we might pick up a cb, and move one of the cbs to Safety

Hines
10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
can harrison smith play saftey?

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2007, 10:34 PM
The Sporting News is reknown for presentation but horrid information. They had Arizona St. TE Zack Miller a top 5 pick in their mock draft last year. The Sporting News is terrible. Also Long didnt struggle Michigan did. Long has blocked well for Hart all year. Hes a top 5 give or take pick, there is zero chance he ges outside the top ten. Despite what stiller says he is a LT, scouts, gms, coaches and almost everyone on this board knows that.

I talk to 2 scouts.. I've have a friend who's dad Played OL for the Steelers and he talks to Russ Grimm Daily..

The 2 Scouts and Grimm all think he's between Thomas and Levi Brown, but his pass blocking at LT is extremely suspect.

But yes, despite what I believe you're always going to be right.

Leon Searcy, Leonard Davis, Tony Mandarich and Robert Gallery Agree.

PittPete
10-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Sounds like we're gonna get a defensive lineman. With Smith out our depth is thin. Mcbean and Paxton are most likely, since they'r on the practice squad.

Jakey
10-26-2007, 05:49 AM
How do you guys think Heath Miller ranks among other tight ends in the league? Arians is staying true to his words and using Heath more in the passing game, and he is still one of the most hard working/best blocking tight ends in the legue. Is it just me being a homer... or is Heath one of the top 5 tight ends in the legue???

DeathbyStat
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
As far as a combination of blocking and catching i think he is top 5. But a pure recieving threat he isn't in the elite

PittPete
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
the only reason Heath isn't among the elite receiving tes is because they don't throw to him enough. He has great hands and always seems to be open.

Hines
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
i have him as a second tier tight end..like the heaps,wittens,shockeys,crumplers

hes not quite a gates,winslow,or gonzalez tight end

DeathbyStat
10-26-2007, 02:32 PM
i have him as a second tier tight end..like the heaps,wittens,shockeys,crumplers

Thats were i think he fits

terribletowel39
10-26-2007, 06:29 PM

winslow sucks. he is not a TE. he is a big WR. he couldn't block my 2 yr old niece if she was rushing the QB. there are WRs in the league that block better than him. only TEs i would take over Miller are Gates Gonzalez, Witten, Shockey, and maybe Heap. like Pete said, it is guaranteed he is going to catch it and hold onto it even if he does get popped and you are also almost everytime guaranteed atleast 4-8 yds after the catch from him. it is crazy how much he fights everytime he touches the ball. atleast 2 but most of the time 3 and 4 guys to bring him down. HE is a soldier.

PittPete
10-27-2007, 09:29 AM
there are better receiving tes than Heath and better blockers but he is the total package. name one te that can block and catch like him(and run after the catch). HOmer time; I would take heath over any tight end in football and I predict he will outplay any te in Steeler history(sorry Benny C). On another note, aren't you guys worried about Aaron Smith being out. It kind of points out our weak depth on dline. Maybe we could use woodley on 3rd downs, he would really add some quickness to our pass rush.

Jakey
10-27-2007, 12:34 PM
^ They said they will use Woodley and Timmons more on 3rd down, but Mike Tomlin said that Woodley would not play 3-4 DE. He would only play 3-4 linebacker and nickel/dime DE.

Jakey
10-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Mr. Stiller you havn't done a mock in a while, have you got one in the works???

Mr. Stiller
10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Mr. Stiller you havn't done a mock in a while, have you got one in the works???

Haha, I've been busy my friend. Funny you should ask because.. Yes I do.

as for some of the comments on here:

Miller:

There's very few TE's I'd take over Miller. But it depends on your preference and what your expectancies are out of a Tight end.

In fact the only one I'd take over Miller right now is Gates. Here's why. He's at worst a solid blocker. Not amazing, but he's a high motor blocker. Even if he doesn't own people, he's a pest to them. As a Receiver, he's 2nd to no one.

As for Other top TE's:

Gonzo: Too Old. Sure he'll have his records but his blocking is declining and frankly, He's not going to be around more than 2 more seasons.

Winslow: Great WR, Terrible TE. I was talking to WinslowBodden and I told him straight up. Move Winslow to #2 WR. Move Jurevicius to #3. JJ gives your a 6'4 WR threat on a Nickel on 3rd Downs. Winslows size and speed gives him the advantage over a corner in both blocking and receiving. They should be going:

WR: Edwards -> Winslow -> JJ -> Cribbs
TE: Dinkins -> Heiden

They'd have an unstoppable offensive attack. But Winslow is not a blocker. Jamal Lewis would've had about a 30 Yard TD if Winslow actually made any attempt to even flail at Terrell Suggs, but he chose to run past him and Lewis fell for a 3 yard loss.

Witten: Witten is probably my #2 choice behind Miller. He's a complete package. A little Better receiver (Tad faster) but not nearly as complete as a blocker.

Shockey: This is hard. I don't get the hype. I don't think Shockey is what he's hyped to be. From any game I saw he seemed to be a ok to solid blocker, not amazing. He's a better receiver in my opinion. But He's also a bonehead.

Heap: Here is the guy that, in my opinion Miller Surpassed this season. Heap has the size and is a tremendous blocker. Solid receiver. If Heap goes over Miller to the Pro-Bowl this season it's on Name Alone.

^ They said they will use Woodley and Timmons more on 3rd down, but Mike Tomlin said that Woodley would not play 3-4 DE. He would only play 3-4 linebacker and nickel/dime DE.

Word has it, that we will be playing base defense only "So often" this week. With Miller out I have a feeling they're going to start with Kirschke at LDE.. then slowly move to a 4-3 as the game progresses with:

Haggans/Woodley ~ Hokie/Kirschke ~ Hampton ~ Keisel

With:

Farrior ~ Foote ~ Harrison/Timmons

as the LB's.

Hines
10-28-2007, 11:52 AM
i really hope that if there is a fumble, marvel sm ith will fall on the ball instead of watching geathers or smith pick it up and score

Jakey
10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
i really hope that if there is a fumble, marvel sm ith will fall on the ball instead of watching geathers or smith pick it up and score

I thought that last week, i was like 'Marvel pick up the ****** ball!' and he just stood there.

Hines
10-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I thought that last week, i was like 'Marvel pick up the ****** ball!' and he just stood there.

me too me too dotn worry

offence and defence is starting out slow so far

Mr. Stiller
10-28-2007, 01:27 PM

I don't think he realized the ball came out as he was behind 2 defensive lineman.

Not to mention that 1 second after the ball came out Nate Webster dove at his knees from behind.

Hines
10-28-2007, 01:28 PM
dude the steelers are kicking ass

ben is kickin ass

i say lets keep throwing the ball to hines

brat316
10-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Well Bungles are back they suck, and Ward damn 2 TDs at Half time.

skarocksoi
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Well Bungles are back they suck, and Ward damn 2 TDs at Half time.

My favorite part was the fact that they had only 10 guys on defense for our first TD. Good old bungles.

mikehop05
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
is it just me or does ben look just as comfortable running for his life as he does standing in the pocket?

we should just play with 3 linemen and 7 receivers since no one can block anyways

Mr. Stiller
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
is it just me or does ben look just as comfortable running for his life as he does standing in the pocket?

we should just play with 3 linemen and 7 receivers since no one can block anyways

Maybe because he's never seen the theoretical state of a "Passing Pocket".

I think he's a guy that excels at doing it because he's an adrenalin junkie. When that DE is chasing him and he *****-slaps him and throws a 30 yard TD.. there ain't no feeling like that in the world.

skarocksoi
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
It amazes me that he can just stiff arm some of these guys like they were nothing and keep on going. I mean, one play he shoved a guy aside, scrambled to his right, and then threw a beautiful pass for a first down while being tackled by his ankles. Sometimes when I watch him play, my jaw just hits the floor. Although sometimes it comes back to haunt us when he tries to do a little too much and throws picks.

Man_Of_Steel
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Maybe because he's never seen the theoretical state of a "Passing Pocket".

I think he's a guy that excels at doing it because he's an adrenalin junkie. When that DE is chasing him and he *****-slaps him and throws a 30 yard TD.. there ain't no feeling like that in the world.

Have you never been with a female?

steelernation77
10-30-2007, 12:33 AM

...speaking of females, you get pretty bitchy with Mr. Stiller. Take your cat fights elsewhere.

Mr. Stiller
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Yeah, a few. But as Gilbert Arenas once said...

He was asked: "What feels better, sex or winning a big game on a buzzer beater"

Arenas Replied: "You can have sex almost anytime.. there's no feeling like a buzzer beater."

And seriously.. try to start actually contributing to conversations than inhibiting their development.

Mr. Stiller
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Roster move:

4 year Veteran Ricardo Colclough was released.

Added to the active roster was 2nd year UDFA ANTHONY FREAKIN' MADISON!

woot.

brat316
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I liked Colclough too bad he never panned out, so hows this Madison kid

steelernation77
10-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I liked Colclough too bad he never panned out, so hows this Madison kid

I seem to remember him being a pretty solid ST player.

Jakey
10-31-2007, 04:48 AM
I like this move, Madison was a much better tackler, and hustled allot more on special teams. Colclough just didnt try hard enough.

brat316
10-31-2007, 09:59 AM
At least Colclough didn't have to wait till the off season to begin his off season training, i didn't think he was going to be resigned.

I really think we are going Cb in the first round or at least second but then again line is more of a concern. I do like McFadden. Any chance we may try to get Hall, i know it ridiculous but ya know..

Hines
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
i like madison a lot..wished he made the team over coclough though

Jakey
10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
i like madison a lot..wished he made the team over coclough though

He just did :D

Man_Of_Steel
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Madison looked great in preseason. A solid tackler who always went legs and layed big hits.

DeathbyStat
10-31-2007, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't mind Brandon Flowers if he drops to the second round

Mr. Stiller
10-31-2007, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't mind Brandon Flowers if he drops to the second round

of 2009. I don't think CB is a day 1 need yet. next year it will be and I hope we grab Flowers.

brat316
10-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought Holmes has 4 tds and Clayton 0

PittPete
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
As I recall, Stiller was a REAL BIG Colclough supporter. I felt like we should have cut him two years ago. Well, ok, I was hot for him on draft day, he looked like superman in that college allstar game. Stiller did support both Ike and Deshea too. Both are back in form, although they both played like crap against Denver. *** looked a little raw last game, did you notice that nontackle on that sideline pass? If we truly have any chance of going deep into the playoffs our cbs had better step it up.

Smooth Criminal
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Madison is a very good run support corner but I don't think I'd ever like to see him line up one on one with a reciever.

Ricardo did have a great amount of talent. I don't care what he did here. He never lived up to his potential. I was expecting him to go somewhere else and succeed with his second opportunity but then I saw he signed with the Browns so he'll just suck there to.

Smooth Criminal
11-01-2007, 03:56 PM
At least Colclough didn't have to wait till the off season to begin his off season training, i didn't think he was going to be resigned.

I really think we are going Cb in the first round or at least second but then again line is more of a concern. I do like McFadden. Any chance we may try to get Hall, i know it ridiculous but ya know..

A first round corner is not a need at all. People ***** all the time about how Timmons should be making more of an impact since he is a first rounder. A first round corner would be behind Ike, Deshea, and McFadden for sure and maybe even *** if he keeps improving.

I'd like to see us go LT in the first round if there is good value. Other place I'd go would be a pass rushing OLB, WR, or another spot on the O-line.

terribletowel39
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
i guess its true that the players don't hate the teams in there division. i don't understand how players do that, go to other teams in the division. it baffles me. i mean it wouldn't just work for me in a steelers sceanrio either, if i played football for the 49ers, seahawks, cards, and rams would all be very lost options.

Smooth Criminal
11-01-2007, 05:06 PM
You would play whereever gave you the most money. Teams in the same division tend to give players more money than a team from outside the division will because they have seen that player more often and know what he can do.

With Ricardo, he didn't get a say. He was claimed off of waivers.

Man_Of_Steel
11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Also I doubt any player who gets cut has much loyality for said team.

brat316
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
A first round corner is not a need at all. People ***** all the time about how Timmons should be making more of an impact since he is a first rounder. A first round corner would be behind Ike, Deshea, and McFadden for sure and maybe even *** if he keeps improving.

I'd like to see us go LT in the first round if there is good value. Other place I'd go would be a pass rushing OLB, WR, or another spot on the O-line.

Reaaly a WR i guess if he is like a big target possesion WR, like Hinze. I wanted Bowie so badly. Yeah OL, LT, Marvel is doing that bad, i thought maybe a Guard or Center.

DeathbyStat
11-02-2007, 10:16 AM

I totally agree

PittPete
11-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah we need two OL, a DE and a wideout with some serious upside. None would probably start next year but would provide depth and start in 09.

Smooth Criminal
11-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Fact is with a team as good as the Steelers you arn't going to get many rookies making huge impacts. You draft so that you can let go of other players and save money and replace aging veterans.

Only places I think need adressed are OL, WR, and the pass rush. Whether the pass rush comes from DL or LB it doesn't matter, it needs to be adressed.

Jakey
11-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Fact is with a team as good as the Steelers you arn't going to get many rookies making huge impacts. You draft so that you can let go of other players and save money and replace aging veterans.

Only places I think need adressed are OL, WR, and the pass rush. Whether the pass rush comes from DL or LB it doesn't matter, it needs to be adressed.

Thats not allways the case- look at Santonio, he made an impact in his rookie year (and we won the superbowl before we darfted him).

But i totally agree with your second statement OL, WR and Defensive front seven are our primary needs, you could prehaps add a CB into the mix aswell (need more depth).

mikehop05
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM

yeah you're right about the rookies

i think we should grab two linemen in the first 3 rounds, the best 2 available regardless of position as we have lots of players on our line that can play several positions

with the other picks i want to addressee LB/DL/ and one big physical WR... may be raw but with tons of upside

brat316
11-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Big WR- i wanted Bowie so badly last year.
What big Wr are there, that one from Pitt right

OL- yeah fo sure

Man_Of_Steel
11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
For the last time its B-O-W-E not bowie, cmon now.

Mr. Stiller
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
1) Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
2) Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
3) Duane Brown, LT, Virginia
4) Nick Hayden, DL, Wisconsin
5) Josh Morgan, WR, Virginia Tech
6) Eric Foster, DT/ILB, Rutgers.

brat316
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
How about Monk

Mr. Stiller
11-05-2007, 03:04 AM
How about Monk

what about him.. He's big, tall, lanky and inconsistent.

Morgan is a KR/PR/WR thats physical, solid blocker and has good speed for his size. He'd be a good WR to mold after Ward.

And thats just my 08, not my 09 addition.

Man_Of_Steel
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Well time to admit your wrong mr.stiller and hopefully your little clan of followers who just nod their head at what you say creep to the shadows. Do you still think we cant get to the QB? Do you still think that we need another pass-rushing OLB? Harrison is a complete monster. I recall you saying that our LBs cant beat a tackle one on one, Harrison made Odgen (premier tackle) dizzy and embarassed. To me having Harrison, Farrior, Foote, Haggans starting with Woodley (olb) and Timmons (ilb) on the bench is more than a dream, its our strongest position starting and depth wise. How can you say that LB is a day 1 need let alone a first round need?

Onto my second point. We only had 1 rushing first down all game and that was by Davenport in garbage time. RB is a need despite what you say. Parker, though he has nice stats and plays its usually he either gets a yard or 10 yards, consistancy run by run is needed.

There, thats my rant. Hopefully this opens some eyes on here and some users on here no longer just follow what stiller says without warrant.

steelernation77
11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Well time to admit your wrong mr.stiller and hopefully your little clan of followers who just nod their head at what you say creep to the shadows. Do you still think we cant get to the QB? Do you still think that we need another pass-rushing OLB? Harrison is a complete monster. I recall you saying that our LBs cant beat a tackle one on one, Harrison made Odgen (premier tackle) dizzy and embarassed. To me having Harrison, Farrior, Foote, Haggans starting with Woodley (olb) and Timmons (ilb) on the bench is more than a dream, its our strongest position starting and depth wise. How can you say that LB is a day 1 need let alone a first round need?

Onto my second point. We only had 1 rushing first down all game and that was by Davenport in garbage time. RB is a need despite what you say. Parker, though he has nice stats and plays its usually he either gets a yard or 10 yards, consistancy run by run is needed.

There, thats my rant. Hopefully this opens some eyes on here and some users on here no longer just follow what stiller says without warrant.

Ooooo power struggle.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Congrats or dominating us, good luck in the playoffs.

mikehop05
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM

after this great victory all you can do is come on here and bash another steeler fan?

are you serious?

*boo hoo no one likes my mock as much as another's boo hoo*

grow up man, and i use that term loosely, we are all here as steeler fans... we all want the same thing.. the thing that matters (a win), so if all you care about is just bitching about useless ******* mocks at half way through the season then just shut the **** up and stop posting

Mr. Stiller
11-05-2007, 11:38 PM

I was the guy calling for James Harrison last year to start. I love Silverback. However up until tonight, his numbers were pedestrian. If he continues this pace or even half this pace it's evident we don't need another OLB.

Harrison in 7 games has 3 sacks, now he'll have 6.5..

Where was that tenacity against Cincy? Seattle? San Francisco.. Even Arizona?

I love the guy and I think he had a hell of a game.

The fact remains... When I do mocks, I look at Current performance.. yes Woodley is waiting in the wings for LOLB, Harrison was doing solid, but not great and wasn't really beating anyone 1 on 1 all season.

Thats made me consider other things now as well. However I want to see the consistency.

Just like Nate Washington. He's good half of the time.. half the time he's invisible dropping everything.. or like Tonight, he's on and dismantling ****.

But Yes way to point out that after 1 great game by a OLB that I'm completely wrong.

Then again..

Weren't you calling for Malcolm Jenkins? Is he a necessity with BMac and Ike playing at their level?

I mean, if we're taking shots, we're #4 in Passing yards a game given up.

We're:

.2 yards a game from taking 3rd (Which after Baltimore we'll do handedly)
4.8 from overtaking 2nd.
6.2 from first.

Which after tonights game of 84 yards passing against..

puts us at #1: 167.25 yards per game passing against.

thats 5.75 yards per game better than the Buccaneers (#2)
thats 7.15 yards per game better than the Colts (#3)
and 11.75 yards per game better than the Raiders (#4)

If the draft was a perfect deal we'd draft 2 OG's and a T before anything else.

You don't like taking Chris Williams in round 1.

Who do you suggest picking oh master draft swami?

Jenkins will be gone by 20.

Man_Of_Steel
11-05-2007, 11:51 PM
I was the guy calling for James Harrison last year to start. I love Silverback. However up until tonight, his numbers were pedestrian. If he continues this pace or even half this pace it's evident we don't need another OLB.

Harrison in 7 games has 3 sacks, now he'll have 6.5..

Where was that tenacity against Cincy? Seattle? San Francisco.. Even Arizona?

I love the guy and I think he had a hell of a game.

The fact remains... When I do mocks, I look at Current performance.. yes Woodley is waiting in the wings for LOLB, Harrison was doing solid, but not great and wasn't really beating anyone 1 on 1 all season.

Thats made me consider other things now as well. However I want to see the consistency.

Just like Nate Washington. He's good half of the time.. half the time he's invisible dropping everything.. or like Tonight, he's on and dismantling ****.

But Yes way to point out that after 1 great game by a OLB that I'm completely wrong.

Then again..

Weren't you calling for Malcolm Jenkins? Is he a necessity with BMac and Ike playing at their level?

I mean, if we're taking shots, we're #4 in Passing yards a game given up.

We're:

.2 yards a game from taking 3rd (Which after Baltimore we'll do handedly)
4.8 from overtaking 2nd.
6.2 from first.

Which after tonights game of 84 yards passing against..

puts us at #1: 167.25 yards per game passing against.

thats 5.75 yards per game better than the Buccaneers (#2)
thats 7.15 yards per game better than the Colts (#3)
and 11.75 yards per game better than the Raiders (#4)

If the draft was a perfect deal we'd draft 2 OG's and a T before anything else.

You don't like taking Chris Williams in round 1.

Who do you suggest picking oh master draft swami?

Jenkins will be gone by 20.

If you recall Ive only had 3 different players in rd 1 since my first mock in the preseason, those being Cherlious (twice season), Stewart (once season) and Jenkins (once preseason). I feel pretty confident in those. Unlike you Im not a flake who has a different guy each week. Unlike you Im not drooling over a player one week and than not even considering them the next. Unlike you I dont proclaim a guy our next great one week and weeks later not mention him.

brat316
11-05-2007, 11:56 PM
how about Ben's Perfect Night. Take that Shady Brady, and bill belicheat. I say we need a power runblocker on the o-line for Willie. Williams from Vanderbilt right i think he would be a good low first rounder.

mikehop05
11-06-2007, 12:03 AM
how about Ben's Perfect Night. Take that Shady Brady, and bill belicheat. I say we need a power runblocker on the o-line for Willie. Williams from Vanderbilt right i think he would be a good low first rounder.

ben just amazed me tonight

brat316
11-06-2007, 12:05 AM
How about that nice fade to Holmes, Holmes catches it the Cb, tries to look for the ball by putting his hands up, i was dying on that play.

Ben is nice on the move, he can throw it far rolling out, even if its not designed to roll out. Get the man some blockers

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 12:05 AM

I really think you have to consider ben the 4th best QB in the league, the arguement could be made hes the 3rd best even. He plays with such creativity and confidence. Were seeing Roethlisberger blossom and getting to see what a developed, experienced Ben can do.

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 12:06 AM
If you recall Ive only had 3 different players in rd 1 since my first mock in the preseason, those being Cherlious (twice season), Stewart (once season) and Jenkins (once preseason). I feel pretty confident in those. Unlike you Im not a flake who has a different guy each week. Unlike you Im not drooling over a player one week and than not even considering them the next. Unlike you I dont proclaim a guy our next great one week and weeks later not mention him.

I'm fluid with how they do each week. I watch the games, and I talk to scouts.

Depending on how the Steelers body of work that WEEK, and the college play of thus far is how I try to judge players.

Sorry I don't like Gosder as a LT. One scout said he'll be the best 3rd round OT come april.

And Stewart, sure i'd love to compliment Parker, but a 1st round RB? Why, we just extended Willie and he's a Pro-bowler, not to mention he was leading the league in rushing until AP exploded. He's #2 to AP who's playing Ungodly.

Name teams that drafted RB's in the first round with a Pro-bowler on the roster, or a top 5 rusher?

The only one that comes to mind is Kansas City, and that was because Holmes went down with a neck injury.

As for Jenkins.. I've explained myself.

and If Gosder is as good as you expect, why would he be around at 26+?

I took a Passrusher because, you can never have too many, and up until this point, Harrison's inconsistencies and Injury history scare me into rather being safe than sorry figuring the players likely around at the pick.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
On a side note Hines Ward must have eaten raw meat prior to the game. He was an absolute monster just blowing guys up all over the field. These werent just tough solid blocks but he nailed guys.

brat316
11-06-2007, 12:13 AM
he made Reed think twice about coming over to his side.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm fluid with how they do each week. I watch the games, and I talk to scouts.

Depending on how the Steelers body of work that WEEK, and the college play of thus far is how I try to judge players.

Sorry I don't like Gosder as a LT. One scout said he'll be the best 3rd round OT come april.

And Stewart, sure i'd love to compliment Parker, but a 1st round RB? Why, we just extended Willie and he's a Pro-bowler, not to mention he was leading the league in rushing until AP exploded. He's #2 to AP who's playing Ungodly.

Name teams that drafted RB's in the first round with a Pro-bowler on the roster, or a top 5 rusher?

The only one that comes to mind is Kansas City, and that was because Holmes went down with a neck injury.

As for Jenkins.. I've explained myself.

and If Gosder is as good as you expect, why would he be around at 26+?

I took a Passrusher because, you can never have too many, and up until this point, Harrison's inconsistencies and Injury history scare me into rather being safe than sorry figuring the players likely around at the pick.

First off how you can say Gosder is a 3rd rounder is absurd. Secondly all your bull that you "talk to scouts" and such is getting a bit ridiculous.

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 12:30 AM
First off how you can say Gosder is a 3rd rounder is absurd. Secondly all your bull that you "talk to scouts" and such is getting a bit ridiculous.

Most people would be happy I'm relaying information, you want to take issue with it, thats all up to you.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Most people would be happy I'm relaying information, you want to take issue with it, thats all up to you.

I doubt that you talk to scouts. Who are they and what teams do they scout for? Or are they just freelance scouts with a writeup every so often?

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Kelvin Fisher of Pittsburgh (Friend of my dads),
Tom Murphy of Yahoo
and A once a week chat with Russ Grimm ~ My buddy's dad played for Pittsburgh in the 80's and early 90's. He worked out with Russ in the offseason. Then he started inviting me, so I met the man and we've talked.

Once we finish college he's going to work on getting us the opportunity to be scouts.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Kelvin Fisher of Pittsburgh (Friend of my dads),
Tom Murphy of Yahoo
and A once a week chat with Russ Grimm.

Really, you talk to Russ Grim once a week even though hes in Arizona. More crap comes out of your mouth than your behind.

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Really, you talk to Russ Grim once a week even though hes in Arizona. More crap comes out of your mouth than your behind.

Whatever dude, I'm not here to impress you.

Did you ever hear of the internet? Is it entirely impossible to think Russ has a screenname?

Then would it be impossible to think on Friday's we get a chat room online to talk? And that since there's a Friday every week.. we talk weekly about college football and who we're watching? Then discussing it the following friday?

I knew we were taking Willie Colon early day 2. He called my buddy and he told me.

I don't care what you believe because I know what I do, and who I do it with or talk to. If you want to continue to call me out, fine, I don't care.

I'll stop piping in information. And I'm obviously too weak to defeat your ability to know everything about the draft.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Whatever dude, I'm not here to impress you.

Did you ever hear of the internet? Is it entirely impossible to think Russ has a screenname?

Then would it be impossible to think on Friday's we get a chat room online to talk? And that since there's a Friday every week.. we talk weekly about college football and who we're watching? Then discussing it the following friday?

I knew we were taking Willie Colon early day 2. He called my buddy and he told me.

I don't care what you believe because I know what I do, and who I do it with or talk to. If you want to continue to call me out, fine, I don't care.

I'll stop piping in information. And I'm obviously too weak to defeat your ability to know everything about the draft.

Oh, so now they even leak insider information from the organization to you and your friend. They tell you who they are going to draft prior to the draft. Once again more crap comes out of your mouth.

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh, so now they even leak insider information from the organization to you and your friend. They tell you who they are going to draft prior to the draft. Once again more crap comes out of your mouth.

Whatever man. Believe what you want, I don't care.

Thanks for the neg Rep.

"You are obnoxious"..

Wow, if it weren't from you it wouldn't be that Ironic.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Your welcome, you very much deserve it.

TheWood56
11-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Hi guys, new to this board. I've been reading these forums for a while now, and thought I'd join.

Anyway, I'm so pumped about the beat down we just put on the Ravens. It feels so good to get some revenge. We played some awesome, physical football.

Roethlisberger and Harrison were absolutely amazing. Roethlisberger, if he were a Patriot, would have thrown for 400+ yards, and 10 TD's. Also, if we were anything like the Patriots, we would have put 70 on the Ravens, though we have a classy organization, unlike the Patriots. Harrison played absolutely possessed. He was an absolute beast. I would have loved to see Woodley in the game more often though, opposite Harrison. It would have been nice to see Harrison causing havoc on the left side of the line, while Woodley was causing havoc on the right, but hey, I can't complain. Haggans did get into the back field a couple of times though, but got picked up by McGahee on a couple of nice, but low blocks. Holmes also had a very nice game, along with Polamalu, who seemed back to his usual self tonight, as I thought he had been a little quiet this season.

Anyone catch Ray Lewis talking BS after the game? I really wish the media would stop ballwashing this guy. I swear, he's one of the most selfish players I think I've ever seen. It seems like he would do anything to throw his teammates and coaches under the bus. He should focus more on playing then talking BS. He does way too much talking, and not enough playing. He's thrown more teammates and coaches under the bus this season, then he has made plays. His talk this season far outweighs his play on the field. He's quick to criticize his fellow teammates and coaching staff in front of the camera, but when it comes to making plays, and being an actual leader on and off the field when your getting whipped by the Steelers, he goes missing. He'll criticize fellow defenders, and give the Steelers absolutely no credit at all, and claim that the only reason the Steelers scored any points at all was because of the "short field" the Ravens offense gave them, but he doens't take into account that this is a team game, and that the Ravens defense allowed 38 points, including 35 in the 1st half, but decided to do the classy thing, and sit on the lead in the 2nd half. He needs to remember something, and that is he's a part of that defense. He's more then happy to take the spotlight and accept the credit when they're winning, though shifts the blame onto everyone else when they're losing. He's not a leader at all.

Anyway, the Steelers played great tonight, and I'm proud we don't have any whiny, little girls that make up excuses when we lose, and throw teammates and coaches under the bus, instead of taking the loss for what it is, and trying to correct the teams errors and improve as a whole.

Jakey
11-06-2007, 07:12 AM
^ Couldn't agree more with that...absolutely awsome game by everyone. Big Ben and Silverback absolutely blew me away! I hope Ben's injury isn't too serious, when he came back in for that play, he looked slow (and they got the sack). But anyways, it was awsome to see us spank the Ravens...bring on the Brownies.

Hines
11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
MOS and Stiller, u guys ***** about and to eachother a lot. seriously this is getting old and dumb. MOS, you have to realize that Stiller has an opinion as well as you. It seems like you bash all of his posts and opinions then u do everyone elses. If he thinks we need a pass rusher, then let him think that. Maybe he does talk to scouts, do you know him personally? Maybe he actually does, you dont know stiller so u cant say if he is lying or not. I believe i heard that Gosder will not be able ot play LT in the nfl. i heard it during the VT-BC game. I could be wrong though so dont quote me on that. Stiller, while i do like your posts with inside information, I dont think its right for you to give us inside information, but i do like the stuff that you and you make me look for prospects for our team to like plus the UDFA. But with the inside information, just send people PM's about them like me.

This is starting to get rediculous with you two and i want you both to stop it. NO wonder why people dont like us Steeler fans. While i respect both of you, i think that you guys need to grow up right now. Just let it go and respect eachothers opinion.

As for Stewert, i would love for him to come to the burgh, but running back is not a need. WE have a great player backing up Parker in Davenport and i sure in hell believe he is capable of sharing the load with Parker. He has done great when he has played and nothing has made me think that anyone else can do it well right now.

In the draft, i believe we will go OL, LB, CB, WR, DL, but not in that order

that is for now

Jakey
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
^ I'm glad somebody else has said it, we're all Steelers fans...If we are gonna bash ppl, it should be other teams fans i.e The Cowboys/Bengals etc...Not each other.

HinesWardJr- I think your bang on with the draft stuff, i think they are positions we should look to add depth, i think O-Line, D-Line, LB, CB and WR in that order. I dont think we go RB or WR in round 1 this year...simply because we can afford to wait another year.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi guys, new to this board. I've been reading these forums for a while now, and thought I'd join.

Anyway, I'm so pumped about the beat down we just put on the Ravens. It feels so good to get some revenge. We played some awesome, physical football.

Roethlisberger and Harrison were absolutely amazing. Roethlisberger, if he were a Patriot, would have thrown for 400+ yards, and 10 TD's. Also, if we were anything like the Patriots, we would have put 70 on the Ravens, though we have a classy organization, unlike the Patriots. Harrison played absolutely possessed. He was an absolute beast. I would have loved to see Woodley in the game more often though, opposite Harrison. It would have been nice to see Harrison causing havoc on the left side of the line, while Woodley was causing havoc on the right, but hey, I can't complain. Haggans did get into the back field a couple of times though, but got picked up by McGahee on a couple of nice, but low blocks. Holmes also had a very nice game, along with Polamalu, who seemed back to his usual self tonight, as I thought he had been a little quiet this season.

Anyone catch Ray Lewis talking BS after the game? I really wish the media would stop ballwashing this guy. I swear, he's one of the most selfish players I think I've ever seen. It seems like he would do anything to throw his teammates and coaches under the bus. He should focus more on playing then talking BS. He does way too much talking, and not enough playing. He's thrown more teammates and coaches under the bus this season, then he has made plays. His talk this season far outweighs his play on the field. He's quick to criticize his fellow teammates and coaching staff in front of the camera, but when it comes to making plays, and being an actual leader on and off the field when your getting whipped by the Steelers, he goes missing. He'll criticize fellow defenders, and give the Steelers absolutely no credit at all, and claim that the only reason the Steelers scored any points at all was because of the "short field" the Ravens offense gave them, but he doens't take into account that this is a team game, and that the Ravens defense allowed 38 points, including 35 in the 1st half, but decided to do the classy thing, and sit on the lead in the 2nd half. He needs to remember something, and that is he's a part of that defense. He's more then happy to take the spotlight and accept the credit when they're winning, though shifts the blame onto everyone else when they're losing. He's not a leader at all.

Anyway, the Steelers played great tonight, and I'm proud we don't have any whiny, little girls that <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="make%20up" onmouseover="window.status='make up'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">make up</a> excuses when we lose, and throw teammates and coaches under the bus, instead of taking the loss for what it is, and trying to correct the teams errors and improve as a whole.

Nice to see the enthusiasm however Im gonna have to disagree with you on the Ray Lewis rant, mind you I dont even like the guy. However his frustration and outburst is long overdue. That defense has done everything for the Ravens the past 5+ years (yesterdaays game aside) not only do they play well but they are the pulse in which the Ravens exist. Bellick is a supposed offensive genious and yet despite having talented players has never been able to get a decent offense. To me Lewis has just cause and I think he was speaking on the whole defenses behalf, he was the one with the media outlet. All those D players have heard promises every offseason about their offense, no more than this season with the arrival of McGahee. Lewis as well as others are seeing their window close due to no fault of their own, thats intensely frustrating. After so many years of the same bull I think Ray was just in his actions.

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
In the draft, i believe we will go OL, LB, CB, WR, DL, but not in that order

My positions of need are OL, DL, CB, WR, RB.

However keep in mind that in the draft either teams target a guy from the get go or position regardless draft the guy highest on their big board (value).

That being said the pick of Jonathan Stewart in round 1 is huge value and virtually unpassable.

brat316
11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
The Rb? what why, i think we would need power RB, sure he is 5-11 235, but a power rb in the first come on man. OT, or Guard who will replace Faneca, with him the line isn't doing to great, think about without him.

Also someone behind Hampton, we need a better back up Tackle the Hoke. as well as someone behind Smith, sure Eason is there, with loads of potential, but where was he yesterday, with Smith out of the game.

Hines
11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
The Rb? what why, i think we would need power RB, sure he is 5-11 235, but a power rb in the first come on man. OT, or Guard who will replace Faneca, with him the line isn't doing to great, think about without him.

Also someone behind Hampton, we need a better back up Tackle the Hoke. as well as someone behind Smith, sure Eason is there, with loads of potential, but where was he yesterday, with Smith out of the game.

i hope you realize that stewert runs a legit 4.3 if not 4.4

and hoke is a great backup who fills in really well when hampton is out

i want trevor laws from notre dame to take easons spot...i think hes better then mcbean imo

skarocksoi
11-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Laws is probably the only good player on that horrible Notre Dame defense, (and yes I'm including Zibi in there) and I agree that he would be a good late round pickup to bolster the D-line. It was obvious last week that the bengals were running at Eason the whole day and were doing a pretty good job of it. We need someone who can at least back up Smith and eventually take over that position. I know the coaches were talking about how much they liked McBean, but I wonder how quickly he will develop if at all.

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
For DL I'm really digging 3 guys this year:

1) Kentwan Balmer.. Raw power, desire and Athleticism
2) Nick Hayden... Brute power, lunch pail guy
3) Keilen Dykes... Strong, quick and athletic, make a solid LDE.

Balmer and either Hayden or Dykes would be a hell of an overhaul of Kirschke and Eason.

Smooth Criminal
11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
only dline we need is a backup de so we can cut eason. Hoke is a great backup and we have him for 4 more years I think.

Our biggest needs are clearly on the o line. With starks and faneca likely gone we will need atleast two new lineman and I'd love to land a lt so we can cut Essex.

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
only dline we need is a backup de so we can cut eason. Hoke is a great backup and we have him for 4 more years I think.

Our biggest needs are clearly on the o line. With starks and faneca likely gone we will need atleast two new lineman and I'd love to land a lt so we can cut Essex.

Eason, and Kirschke are the backup at DE. Hampton and Hoke are the same age (30/31?) and it wouldn't exactly be a bad investment to bring in a young developmental guy in round 6/7(if we strike a trade) or UDFA.

As for Essex, he's likely going to stay atleast 1 more year because he's a RFA. Same with Kemo.

I think we should've tried Starks at RG. He's a little bigger than most guards but it fits his skillset.

As for DE again..

Our backups aren't that good. Kirschke is old and has a nerve/neck issue he's constantly dealing with. Eason is bunk.

By adding 2 young guys.. a RDE(Dykes) and LDE(Hayden) that would instantly give us a guy to kick Eason off. Dykes can challenge Kirschke.

That gives us 2 young guys. Hayden or Dykes can also play some DT in a 4-3 Alignment. And if there's an injury, no problem.

Lets not doubt that Hayden could eventually take over for Aaron Smith.

brat316
11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
How are we going to find someone as manly and big to take over for Smith.